Designers » A » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Bethany Mota Aeropostale for women

Bethany Mota Aeropostale for women
dislike

milky
Bethany Mota Aeropostale for women Pictures Bethany Mota Aeropostale for women Pictures Bethany Mota Aeropostale for women Pictures

Youtube fashion and beauty vlogger (video blogger) Bethany Mota at 19 years of age enters the world of perfumes with her first signature edition, Bethany Mota Signature Fine Fragrance, created in collaboration with Aéropostale. She follows fashion but also shows her bohemian side in video clips she publishes on Youtube and as she says, people who follow her typically like the same style she prefers.

She created her Youtube channel in 2009 under the nickname Macbarbie07 and up till today more than 6 million people have subscribed to follow news on her channel. In 2013 she joined Aeropostale and created her first clothing collection. She is now launching her first fragrance!

Bethany Mota Signature Fine Fragrance opens with notes of bergamot, red berries and white peach. The heart incorporates sweet notes of cotton candy, praline and strawberry blossom, resting on vanilla, crystallized musk and creamy wood. The fragrance has been characterized as floral-fruity-gourmand, and is signed by perfumer Beth Pritchard of Sunrise Beauty.

Fragrance Bethany Mota can be obtained as 50 ml Eau de Parfum and as a rollerball shimmer edition. Bethany Mota was launched in 2014.

Bergamot Red Berries White Peach

Wild Madagascar Vanilla

Bethany Mota Fragrance Reviews

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

This scent has been on my radar because I love gourmands/sweeties, and I love Pink Sugar. I also have a lot of stuff that smells like Pink Sugar-- but I seem to always want more! lol...
I don't exactly expect much from Aeropostale, it's not my kind of store, but this is cheap. Cheap smelling and cheap quality. (Mind you, I will wear cheap because I wear what I like.) It smells very child-like, and I will wear child scents at 35 years old. But this bad child-like.
Since I'm a child of the 80s (born in 1980) I can def testify that this smells EXACTLY like the original Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I get nothing but a sugary sweet strawberry with this scent.
So in that aspect, it's nothing like Pink Sugar. It's closer to Sexual Sugar (Michel Germain) or XOXO Mi Amore.
Yes, there is a cotton candy/vanilla like PS. But not a dupe.
It lasts on clothes in a bad way (plastic smell), but has almost no sillage.

I still want to try the new Bethany Mota tho. Haha.

Agreed on the "flat, no dimension" comments. It's very linear and average.

unsrsly
unsrsly

These notes sound so great but together it is overly sweet and that is saying something because I adore sweet perfumes. There is no dimension to it and feels so flat. There is nothing to balance it out. I really dislike it. I have pink sugar and love it so I thought this would be similar but it was not good at all compared. If you want a good cotton candy scent go for tokyo darling also sold by aeropostale.

[email protected]
vsalinas@uno.edu

I love this because it smells like vanilla and cotton candy without the nasty licorice smell i have pink sugar and i like it but i prefer this over it since its cheaper and softer, it has great longevity, i can see most young men loving this smell! the bottle is extremely beautiful and it only costs ten dollars at aero
Update: wow i can't stop sniffing my jacket it smells so good i was wrong this smells nothing like pink sugar its ten times better such a soft sweet vanilla!

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a yummy cotton candy floral sweet perfume. Its easy to wear and lasts for a long time...This would be great all year round in my opinion, its pretty light.

Also this doesnt smell like pink sugar...Yes it has cotton candy in it but this is a deeper floral/musky kind of fragrance... not like pink sugar at all IMO, they are very different!

The bottle is very cute, heart shape with the gold flecks on it makes it pretty and festive! I only dislike the writing on it ("xoxo beth") as I dont really care to see someone else's name on it every time I use it but I can look past this small detail......

***UPDATE****

I had a questionable experience the first couple days I wore this, I thought it went stale on me the second day I wore it but this last week I decided to try it again and I guess that first time was a fluke because I havent had any problems with this perfume the last week Ive been using it, so thats good because I really do like it!

My husband also really likes it! He doesn't compliment my perfume very much so I take note when he does and he has said I smelled good twice now on two different days Ive worn this! I think this is a win!

T Girl 97
T Girl 97

I smelled this in the store and absolutely loved it. It was super sweet in the bottle, but after I sprayed the tester on in the store, it wasn't as sweet. It smells like cotton candy, vanilla, and floras. I highly recommend to girls who like young, sweet scented perfumes! :)

swampgirlie
swampgirlie

I absolutely agree with the reviewer below.This DOES NOT smell like pink sugar.Blind buyers beware. Where pink sugar is sharp,cool sweet this is spicy,warm sweet.The cool licorice bite of PS replaced with a (rich) buttery vanillic vibe.The praline,in my opinion, overpowers the cotton candy note.
#bohobuttery
#stillafan

l3arl3ie
l3arl3ie

First things first, if you haven't smelled this and are just going off the reviews, DO NOT compare it to Pink Sugar!! I used to use Pink Sugar in high school, but I quicky dropped it since both my friends and I noticed a very plastic like, synthetic smell to it. Now, my mom uses Pink Sugar almost every day. I was looking at this one online because it has the five same notes that Pink Sugar has, so I knew my mom will most likely love this fragrance as well.

I went to Aeropostale and actually tried this, and I fell in love! From the first spray to the dry down, it is a very creamy vanilla. The cotton candy is very present also, and it is the only connection this has to Pink Sugar. The cotton candy gives me a bit of a 'spicy' vibe, that gives the vanilla a very sophisticated depth. When I spray Pink Sugar in comparison, I get a sour note, and still the plastic like smell. Really, the two do not smell the same at all!

When I wear Bethany Mota, I feel very pretty and feminine. Although you would look at the notes and assume it's a total teenager perfume, it really does have a bit of a grown up edge. It's definitely something fun and lady like for every women! :)

dame piglet
dame piglet

Hmmm... This smelled better on paper than on my skin. It seems to open with a hint of burnt plastic smell on my arm. As it dries down, it takes on a bit more of a floral smell, plus the cotton candy / praline...

Hmmm... Come to think of it, maybe my skin or nose draws out a burnt plastic smell from praline, as I had a similar reaction to a Britney Spears fragrance, too.

Not much sillage and it was only $5 for the roll-on, so I will probably give this to my niece, as it's not too "sexy" or grown up smelling for an adolescent (I'm only 'ageist' when it comes to a scent that is too strong or 'sexy' for a child. If someone is over 18, that person should wear whatever he or she pleases.)

Be well and happy sniffing!!! :)

louisa_olson21
louisa_olson21

Don't get me wrong, I love Bethany. But her perfume? Not so much. I was super excited to go to the store and finally test it out and buy it, and I was sure it was going to smell incredible. I mean, on the website it's described as having notes of vanilla, peach, cotton candy and musk. Who wouldn't love the sound of that?? Which is why I was so surprised when I sprayed it on. It didn't smell like any of those things except for a heavy blast of sugary pink cotton candy, mixed in with that generic, way too strong scent of "magazine perfume". All in all, it just smelled really cheap and not very well made.

xBeautyWithinx
xBeautyWithinx

When Bethany announced her fragrance I was absolutely delighted! I'm a big fan of hers and have been for the past 2 years. I'm 16 years old by the way, 2 years younger than her. So I guess you can say that sugary, sweet, and girlish scents work really well with my body chemical and I absolutely love those type of scents. I decided to give her perfume a try (since I was a dedicated viewer it wasn't much of a choice or decision lol) and went to the Aeropostale store. There it was! I practically ran towards it and grabbed the tester. Then I brought it to my wrist and sprayed. Only once. One spray was definitely enough. As I lowered my neck to sniff it, my head began to hurt instantly. The smell was TOO SWEET. It's as if you walked into Victoria's Secret with a cotton candy taped onto your nose, but it was dunk into a waterful of sugar beforehand. It also smells exactly like Pink Sugar, which I know is a great favorite of Bethany's. I hate to say this, but it's as if she just decided to go and make her own copy of Pink Sugar. You can smell the berry in there, but the cotton candy takes over after a few minutes. For me it only lasted about 3 hours, which is okay, I guess. But I had tested a lot of perfumes that lasted for 9+ hours. After it dries down a while, you can smell a slight vanilla and wood. I don't think that it really smells like much but a big whirl of cotton candy, sugar, cotton candy again, and a hint of berry with dry wood.
The bottle is odd but original though, I'll give you that. However the smell is nothing special, it certainly isn't bad, it's a 'meh', I guess.
Improvements that should be made: I wish that she would make an original scent instead of ripping off popular scents like Pink Sugar. It was probably because she is fond of it, but seriously this smells TOO MUCH like it, some people couldn't tell the difference. The bottle and packaging would look better if it had a pop of color.
Advice: Would be suitable for girls aged from 11~15. Any older than that and you'll surely have a fit from the overpowerment. I had to rush out the shop with my nose and mouth covered.
Overall I give this a 5.5/10

lizzyshreds

I really like this. I have to say this is my favorite cotton candy scent, because it's just right, and not over powering like Pink Sugar. I never liked Pink Sugar, because it was way too strong. Bethany did it just right. I can really smell the Vanilla, Cotton Candy, Bergamot, Red Berries, Praline the most. I really like the opening of the Bergamot, and Red Berries it's refreshing. The dry down is Cotton Candy, Vanilla, and Praline. I wish I could smell the strawberry more, that's why I really wanted this perfume. Overall I give this perfume a 8/10.

rachelanne87

I don't know who Bethany Mota is but, I was really intrigued by the perfume notes & ordered a bottle. I really like this scent, it smells almost identical to Pink Sugar. I did not like the burnt caramel smell of Pink Sugar, so I prefer this one way more. So this perfume, is what I wish Pink Sugar would have been! It's Pink Sugar without the gross burnt caramel smell. I was stopped in the store and asked if I was wearing Pink Sugar and I was wearing Bethany Mota perfume....so they do smell very similar! A lot of people, probably could not tell the difference between them. I was actually surprised at how much I have been wearing this perfume and enjoying it! It's like Pink Sugar + the smell of marshmallows (which I know is not a note).

confident1994
confident1994

Although I am a fan of Bethany Mota, I did not think I would like this perfume because of the notes like cotton candy and praline. I also know from watching her videos, that she likes really sweet fragrances like Pink Sugar (which is one of my least favorite scents) so I was expecting to hate this fragrance as well! However, after smelling it at the store, I loved it! It smelled more flowery than anything is else (I wonder why it's not listed on the notes)It's a wonderful combination of florals, vanilla, and a little musk. It reminded me of Flowerbomb (one of my personal favorites!!)It's very soft, yet sophisticated. It doesn't yell "13-year-old-girl" like Pink Sugar or the Taylor Swift perfumes. I really wish I knew the silage because something that smells that good for $25 is great!

lizzyshreds

@KatriinaKate Thanks I appreciate it!

LIZZYSHREDS-
August.

lizzyshreds

Does anyone know when this comes out in stores?

RACHELANNE87-

She makes beauty videos in youtube and she have her own clothing line in Aeropostale! ;)

rachelanne87

I like a lot of the perfume notes, and the bottle is not like any others that I have (which is a plus). I have no clue who Bethany Mota is....never heard of her? But, I still will have to give this a try.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aeropostale Bethany Mota fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aeropostale Bethany Mota, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bethany Mota by Aeropostale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bethany Mota by Aeropostale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.