Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Strip Agent Provocateur for women

Strip Agent Provocateur for women
dislike

yellow floral
Strip Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Strip Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Strip Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Strip Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Strip Agent Provocateur for women Pictures

Strip is the newest fragrance created by the lingerie house Agent Provocateur, with the very provocative name Strip. The shape of the bottle is familiar, egg-like or bomb-like, but this time the color is very intriguing dark red.
The main note of the composition blends sweet exotic aphrodisiac ylang-ylang, noble iris with its woodsy and powdery nuances with spicy accord of geranium Bourbon. The sensual floral mix dynamically unfolds into the warm and sensual amber base. Exotic woods, vetiver and musk are so seductive and provocative, they simply unveil your the most intimate fantasies. Agent Provocateur has launched another sensual and dark fragrance after two lighter scents. Strip was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano.

Bergamot

Ambre Precieux

Strip Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

variazione floreale sull'ambra, qui con ylang ylang e un po' di geranio. una volta che le note di fiore evaporano rimane un'ambra solida e, benchè non particolarmente originale, legnosa con retrogusto di vetiver e patchouli. per chi volesse un bouquet ambrato che incontra fiori e legno, questo è l'ideale. molto buono.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Love the Agent Provocateurs. This one is a floral amber very warm and smoky golden, decadent, aromatic and sexy. I don't find any of their frags to be subtle enough to spritz on their lingerie collection. They have pretty nice lingerie but their fragrances are very strong and clearly meant to be worn with CLOTHES evening wear. This is not as intense as L'agent which I don't like but it's still detectable enough as a type of incense. The patchouli is projecting but so is the amber the saving grace of the fragrance. If the amber hadn't been there and it was pure patchouli and oak moss I would scrub it off. this smells expensive, floral, aromatic and sweet. It's got a luxurious expensive quality to it and very British in it's heart. I can smell this on Princess Kate Middleton. The ylang ylang flower blooms out of the bottle and it smells great. If you like strong florals and amber this is for you. I wear it very infrequently and only at night. I've received compliments on it especially by men who are standing next to me in public. I spritz this on my evening clothes usually a cocktail dress or black formal dress. Very nice perfume.

Le parfum c'est chic
Le parfum c'est chic

Après Agent provocateur, j'ai aussi succombé à cet autre très beau parfum de AP. Tout comme Agent provocateur, Strip possède ce petit côté vintage qui m'a tout de suite séduite. De plus, la note de géranium qui est trop rarement utilisée en parfumerie lui donne toute son originalité. Et que dire des flacons tout en rondeur de AP. A mon avis,parmi les plus beaux des dernières années.

Je suis bien contente d'en avoir un flacon parce que je pense que ce parfum était une édition limitée.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

i must be a lucky bird to have been blessed with chemistry that works with every single perfume I have encountered; it's just a matter of preference for a type or type(s) over others. yay me!!
Just showered after a grueling, mentally taxing day of being the superstar financial crimes analyst/investigator that I am, and I reached into my treasure chest and felt around, to feel one of those egg-shaped grenade type bottles I own. To my surprise it was AP STRIP - one I haven't worn in literally 5 years at least. So, with still moist skin I liberally spritzed this sexy potion all over; to include the nape of my neck/under-hairline...I am surrounded by a warm, sexy, amber and musk that complements me to a tee...woods and sweet sensual spices softly invade my nose and the verdict is, I am happy with this choice. Bravo AP....Not a scent of theirs I dislike and they all love my chemistry equally!
now to relax in bed stripped, in STRIP... sweet olfactory dreams!

lady_ireth264
lady_ireth264

I'm waiting for my bottle.
It's a very persistent urge when I want a specific perfume.
Like waiting for a birthday treat!

Edit 13 Jun 2015
Oh my goodness.... I am sooo sad that this doesn't work for me.
It's very weird smelling like insect repellent.
I couldn't capture anything beautiful from this one.
Perhaps just my skin chemistry.
I'll give the full bottle to someone.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Why is this one so blessed hard to find??? I have been looking for many, many months and it just is not to be found!

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

Love this...it might even by my favourite AP. warm, sweet, amber, musk, powder, ylang...mmmmm....and the geranium at the start...divine. in fact the geranium does keep peeking through balancing it out really well and stopping it getting too sweet and powdery. it's gone all benzoin on me, which i like. really well done. it has a definite vintage vibe and to me, smells like a proper decent well rounded lasting perfume. Wondering why it is called Strip and in a red bottle, but heh...that doesn't really matter.
chuffed i found a full 50ml, but used bottle on eBay, as it is selling for silly amounts boxed/sealed. (i can't understand why they discontinued this one over Maitresse = bluuurrggghh...cheapo...that actually has a "dog poo" note on me! seriously...every time i tested it, i kept checking mine and my child's shoes...before realising it was the perfume! yikes and Petale Noir = 80's style blast that i'd prefer to forget - noir it is not).
aye. chuffed to have this. smells gorgeous.

pravda48
pravda48

1st up, I do not think it's named appropriately. Nothing in my mind associates stripped bodies with woodsy, peppery amber. But the scent itself:

It opens smelling very similar to playdoh-patch on me, a blend of powdery irirs + amber warmth and a certain earthiness beneath. This phase is really not nice on me, but the woods and vetiver really begin to peak through and make it surprisingly similar to Baiser du Dragon (older EDP) on my skin as the vetiver takes over more and more. Amber, vetiver, and woods are what I'm left with after a few hours.

Not my cup a tea. It does also bear striking resemblance to Calamity J, which I traded for the same reason. Does not play nicely w/ my chemistry.

[11.30.14]

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Wonderful! I clearly have a problem - so many scents I love get discontinued. Though of all the variations by AP, I don't know why this one is the one they cut.
Thick, creamy ylang ylang, dry geranium and cuddly pillows of amber. Buttery and smooth, it's fairly sweet (floral sweet)and definitely not so much sexy as sensual. Reminds me a lot of Prada Amber though, so if you love this and want to try to find a substitute try that. Prada Amber is more complex and more resinous but Strip is highly enjoyable and a little less taxing - the ylang ylang is so welcoming and cosy. Really nice projection, strong, but not intrusive or loud. Must try for amber or ylang ylang lovers. Like Prada or no, I would definitely grab a bottle if it was still on shelves.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Not for me. All I got was some oily amber, a very strong bitter note (geranium?) and a slight hint of lapsang tea. Nothing exceptional or even pleasant on my skin, unfortunately. This is a scrubber for sure. On the right gal I could see this being sexy, but something about my chemistry sent this composition on a sharp left turn.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

WOW. Another fab frag from 'the house.'

You can't buy this in the UK but I was lucky enough to see a bottle on e bay and brand new too, so I snapped it up! I honestly don't think people are aware how difficult it is to get or even that it exists.

It smelled very like the original AP on first spray so absolutely beautiful, then it died down to a wonderful comforting fragrance. A previous reviewer said it smelled like Cabbage Patch dolls. Personally it reminds me of opening a new doll when I was a child and that first wonderful sniff of synthetic hair and the plastic face - fabulous!

Sniffing it now an hour later I would describe is as powdery too. It's a real pity this is discontinued as it's absolutely wonderful if you are a fan of AP like me.

L'Agent is still my signature scent (see my review) but this is equally delicious in it's own way.

I am a lucky, lucky, girl to have found it here in the UK!!

persefoni
persefoni

I bought a sealed bottle of this yesterday, and it smells like nothing, literally...

The weird thing is that it is the first AP i've seen dressed in plastic. I mean the bottle is transparent but dressed in redish plastic. Looks cheap - and fake. I wonder.... My other two APs (L'agent and the original AP) are magnificent and truly long lasting.

Does anyone know if the limited edition of Strip Eau de Parfum was ever dressed in redish plastic?? And if it was made in Italy instead of England??

Edit after 2 months, 11/1/14: saddly, after using it a couple of times, the only explanation is that, because all APs are lidless (topless), it somehow evaporated and lost its qualities, so this plasticy, doll-like smell is what we're left with... This will be my last blind buy, of course.... no tester - no purchase... The companies and the shops are preying on perfume enthusiasts like me, i guess...

Hollie
Hollie

Oh my! I received a sample of this a while ago from a wonderful Fragrantica trading buddy. I just thought to actually sample it today. Oh..mmmmmmmm!

I think I love this! I'm getting all the yummy,smoky,ambery, woodiness but there's something else in there. Remember the baby powdery smell that the Cabbage Patch dolls had?I stood in line for over an hour for one when they came out...I was maybe six years old. Needless to say...that smell is ingrained in my psyche and I swear I can detect a hint of it swirling within this this dark, magical elixir. I wonder if the iris, musk and perhaps the geranium have something to do with that added powdery,plastic-ey goodness. It's very comforting and reminds me a little of Bulletproof by Tokyo Milk. I could totally see myself in a cloud of this......if you have it and hate it and are interested in trading, I'm your gal!

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

I dont like it, not sexy at all. Never got any compliment on it. Will not purchase again, too expensive for the scent you get. You can get a far better perfume for this money.

gettheetoanunnery
gettheetoanunnery

This is gorgeous. The first hit of amber, musk and iris is lovingly balanced by the woods and smoke. The geranium peeks through the curtain every once in while adding another dimension. Deliciously femme that breaks the modern code of vanilla=sweetness=feminity. This is all female, all throughout. Evolves so nicely - I'm not getting any one note in abundance, just nicely balanced, blended and harmonious. This is so warm, smokey and sweet. I've read it in the reviews as being serious, yet I get an almost playful -catch-me-if-you-can type of fragrance. This is a "nuzzler" one for sure. My whole family is nuzzling me. FB for me.

Strip opens with a loud confectionery musk reminiscent of pink Musk Sticks and Musk Lifesavers. I adore the brazenly juvenile playfully naughty vibe of the top.

Some way into the evolution I began to notice gentle changes to the behaviour of the musk, going from lolly musk to honeyed tea note musk, gradually softening to allow woods and flowers to surface triumphantly united with the sweet musk core.

The base revealed subtle house signature rose dust. The musk was less rowdy here and sat behind a vintage boudoir dryness until it completely disappeared leaving the faintest memory of rosy amber on my skin.

Strip is a musk perfume through and through, I admire its multiple musky personalities. This perfume delighted me consistently for six or more hours today before fading into oblivion.

My review is for the 2008 Limited Edition version in the pink and black print bottle.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is nothing like lighter version of Keora Jean Couturier. I get all sorts of powder - talc, baby powder, old eyeshadow and blush powder. It's very well balanced mix of amber and all the powders. It composes very pleasant and light layer of my skin. It doesn't really change over time, the initial spray is quite heavy amber but iris makes it smooth and warm. For me it's absolutely not heavy but if you overspray it might become too much. Really love it! and i'm glad i bought it blindly, it was not to be found in any store in Holland. I might even get back up bottle as it is limited edition.
It's very unhandy that the bottle doesn't have a cap. there is only kind of metal ring to protect from accidental spraying. When i pull the ring to take it off the actual plastic spraying cap is falling apart. Already lost it on the floor and found out my cat stole it.

RedDeLishus
RedDeLishus

Oh my dear, this is simply disgusting on me. And everyone agrees with that.
Now, on almost everyone else I have sprayed it on while getting ready to head out for the night, amazing. I was attracted to those women, and more than a bit envious of how sensual it was.
My gals also each wore it well. It had different essences boldly pronounced on each, but with the same heart. The didn't walk, they strutted, except Lanie, she tripped and stumbled from the cast on her leg.
I think this is perfectly marvelous on most femme fatales out there, but if it isn't great, it could be disastrous.
Oh, and it scents the pillow, so when you leave, your scent is lingering.

suhaesa
suhaesa

amber bomb..seductive.. anything that has that much amber must be that seductive.. it reminds me of cult african or indian perfumes.. very woodsy .. spicy.. animalic.. oriental..even Arabic.. as if it almost had oud.. but not.. maybe a hidden note.. that is undisclosed..to my nose, it smells very vulgar.. not refined ..or sophisticated.. playing on the basic animal instincts of the homo sapience species..its just as the name suggests.. for stripping ...in a bad way ..not romantic.. or lovely.. but hard..
oh my.. oh my ..every time i take a sniff.. i am taken back to africa in particular to omdurman.. and the old bridal perfumes.. they use there ..that were made out of raw materials.. of balsams.. musks.. and ambers.. on a bed of sandalwood.. and civet.. and resins..that perfume is called khoumra.. known for centuries as an afrodisiac.. and just the smell of it is suppose to turn on the male species.. so its done for month before the wedding night.. and buried under the ground to age.. and the result is allot of healthy young kids ! fertility rates and family sizes in that are are among the highest around the world.. 10 kids per family ! no wonder why..!
as it cools down it repels from my skin it becomes more pronounced amber cheap amber..and something called mahlabia.. which is used to darken the henna drawings as an extra kick..this malabia is so pungent and a drop goes a very long way..
its an earthy ..dirty..almost muddy.. smell it will mask anything else ..to me i think i will layer it to mellow it.. or refine it.. for its just too much.. in a simple way.. it doesnt contain the art of complexity or refined blending of notes.. it relies on the pure basic note of amber.. as a solo player.. its amber plus sex..with no passion or desire or love..
oh there is patchouli in there too..
its a great perfume for the name and purpose but takes professionals to ware not for the faint hearted or young lovers its for more than that ..very basic ..

edp 50 ml
perfume rating 3.8 out of 5
bottle ratting 3.5 out of 5

Denoula
Denoula

I bought this blind and am delighted. It's a lovely soft, warm, powdery amber. I'd call it feminine and sensual rather than sexy. Good as a comfort scent too and very nice on a rainy autumn day. As Allinug says, it is reminiscent of JPG Classique, but to me also of L'Instant Magique in its full, rich powderiness. Very good lasting power.

fath1ma
fath1ma

Definitely deep seductive woody scent! Like a hard trial for innocent. Sharp, intense, classy, borjouis..whatever you call it. After opened the box, I sprayed and got shower 2 hours later..and it still STAY on MY SKIN 5 hours now! Worthy the price this sexy amber. This is smell of rich also, on my area, NO ONE had this ! Oh I love Fragrantica, I know The Strip from here! ;)
When I saw the bottle, I thought it was a kind of sweet sexy..it's RED. But it's amber, spicey..the kind of scent that I would not choose 2 years ago. No regret to blind buy, such a special perfume that I never smell before. The best thing for me is.. 1 SPRAY ENOUGH ! J u s t. Y o u r. S k I n. T h r o u g h
1 more thing, if you want to get attention without yelling or doing something embararassing, wear Strip on an official event.. You'll get all eyes ON YOU

Jellybean
Jellybean

Whoa! Potent hard candy explosion with masculine notes.
It's almost as there is a mix between candy like female fume and manly man whore cologne. Britney Spears, Stetson and L'Air du Temps combined into one. You get the picture.
By looking at the ingredients I smell a strong cedar woodsy notes, but it's not listed here.
This is strong stuff made for a man.
One sniff and you're wearing it.

miss mills
miss mills

Hot! Hot! Hot! (in the words of The Cure) - I keep a stash of this under my bed cos I love it so much - warm, dark, sexy, smoky, it's gorgeous. Hard to call it subtle though it is warm but there is a kind of subtlety to Strip if applied lightly, maybe that is the amber? Whatever it is, AP Strip is wicked in the best way...

id
id

Very ambery and musky. A strange scent on me and it doesn't develop much.

Bandit
Bandit

Strange! I've expected a lot when I ordered AP Strip blindly, but I never have guessed, what it really was! It is a pure amber perfume on me; it reminds me heavily on an amber, I've smelled before: Madini's Amber (which is much better than AP, if you like it sensual, go for that sexy biest). Madini's Ambergris reminds me of the first few dark minutes of AP. Those I don't appreciate as I don't appreciate Madinis Ambergris.

They copied Madini, why not, better than inventing something unpleasant. It's a good copy, by the way. The animal sensuality of Madinis Amber is a little tamed down and they added a nice little powder note. Better suited for everyday use.

It also resembles Ava Luxe's Amber Essence, still it remains much better than Amber Essence (I don't like Ava's Amber scents so far).

In the end it makes sense, that some react on AP Strip very much: Amber is the most senual of all smells, I think. Unfortunatly I find it a bit lame on it's own and in Strip also. We'll see if it stays in my wardrobe, or if I'll give it a new home some day. Not a must-have for me.

AP reminds me, that I really should more frequently grap one of my Madinis scents.

Allinug
Allinug

Read an earlier review that it is patchouli in Strip and I can smell it. To me Strip is a deep smokey lovely perfume, glad I have it.

Not to offend anyone but similar to JPG Classique....no way, not to me. I had JPG Classique and it's a sweet perfume.

carolg
carolg

I Love Strip. It is similar to JPG Classique, but fruitier.

I wish AP would resurrect this one. Does anyone know why Strip was discontinued ? I am consoling my yearning with L'Agent for now as Maitress really did not suit me.

Also, is it me, or is the Limited Edition of Strip rather like L'Agent ? I seem to be catching hints of the Ltd Ed of Strip in L'Agent !

Guest_Blimunda
Guest_Blimunda

I always hated labling fragrances as sexual, magical, men magnet or whatever that gives it any sort of nonhaving power, but getting to know Strip changed my view about this matter… Yes, it is sexy and alluring, almost a piece of devil’s work.

What I smell within it are loads of the aphrodisiac ylang-ylang, strong, exotic, alluring and bare! It is followed by the powdery iris flower which, in my opinion, prevents the scent from being overwhelmingly strong and arrogant. If you manage to go through this powerful opening that I heard some associate with the rough smell of beer, without dismissing it, the next thing you will get is a trace of musk that penetrates the composition while warm and animalistic, untamed ambery notes swirl around all of them throughout its lasting…

Needless to say, it has very wide aura, red character and passionate heart beating in its body.

I did not like one of the Agent Provocateur scents yet. I find them to be cheap smelling florals that are out by so many companies, especially drugstorecompanies. Also I do not like the image or marketing of these scents.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

On me it is similar to Calamity J by Juliette Has a Gun, the vetiver here replaces the patchuli in Calamity J. I like it very much! Slightly musculine and very sexy...

HappyShopper123

On me, this is a strong mix of baby talc and floral notes. Not my favourite AP fragrance, but lovely nevertheless.

HappyShopper123

This is ridiculously sexy, which I think is due to the heady mix of amber and woody notes. You only need one spritz of this, as it's almost overpowering otherwise, and the sillage is excellent.

Mariame
Mariame

This is nice amber-leather smoke perfume but only for special occation like Valentine's day like today.
DocElly's critic is fantastic.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Strip is primarily a sweet vanilla-based scent that manages to avoid being foody, floral, or “feminine”. Initially the vanilla/coumarin main note is accompanied by citrusy geranium, boozy rum, and woody vetiver notes with slight undertones of civet. As it dries down the animalic notes rapidly disappear and it becomes a unified woody, ambery, tobacco-vanilla scent.

I think the name is unfortunate because it causes people to have all sorts of associations with sleazy strip clubs, which they project onto the fragrance. To me, this perfume is more evocative of an old-fashioned, conservative men’s club full of pipe tobacco and strong drinks, maybe one in an exotic locale, one of those old boys’ clubs that excluded women of all types, including strippers. If the perfume had been called “Wheeling and Dealing in pre-Castro Havana”, or even “Havana Vanilla” (oh, sorry, that one’s taken) I’m willing to bet that people would smell something entirely different.

There’s a good bit of sillage, but it’s not loud or overpowering. After the first half hour the scent is fairly linear, the only change being a slight powdery note that creeps in after a few hours. Otherwise, the vanilla-tobacco-rum scent just gradually fades away.

The sample I tested was generously supplied some time ago by a Fragrantica member, so I don’t know its concentration. I suspect it is an EdT. In any case, it lasts at least 8 hours. I was surprised to find that I really like Strip, and would not hesitate to wear it in public, its name notwithstanding.

An okay amber wood scent. Goes on powdery, with too much loud floral, but it mellows into a soft ambery powder with citrus like notes. The only AP scent that remotely worked for me to date.

lilou
lilou

Strip is unforgettable :a bit like Agent Provocateur, a bit like Maitresse...but very spicy, sexy, warm and punchy.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

Strip features Aldehydes, Amber, Iris, Jasmine, Musk, Osmanthus, Patchouli, Rose, Violet, White Lotus, White Suede, Ylang-Ylang, Geranium

icredible sexy scent, this will hit the heart and soul of every man crossing your way! uhhhhhhm this is dangerous !

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Slap a pricetag on me and call me a hooker, but this scent is my alter-ego - and my regular ego is the vintage Miss Dior! I feel like such a Two-Face.

I don't think there's anything special about this dirty musk - it is neither classic, nor revolutionary, and it's not even the dirtiest musk there is, as the name might suggest. It's not even the most sensual or exotic of the Agent Provocateurs... The classic AP = the dirtiest musk of an "experienced" lady (most musky and sensual), AP eau emotienelle = sweet musk of the "innocent" girl (most exotic), AP Maitresse = you know it, the domantrix (most sass)...

BUT! Strip has the exact combination of notes that fits my taste perfectly, and these notes are also balanced just right. I'm sure my chemistry is helping too - my skin retains the top notes till the end, and I love both ylang-yang and iris, so I'm not complaining! Maybe that's why I love it so: it's not all that daring, but just a lovely subdued ambery musk with just the right floral notes and just a hint of vetiver for a touch of masculinity. It's not "special occasion" at all (the *other* special occasion, of the AP kind).

If my current signature wasn't Miss Dior - because let's face it, once you commit to her, you can't cheat on her - I would be a Strip girl. So if you get a bottle of it and don't love it, please pass it in my direction!

guest_VVVV
guest_VVVV

Darling, I just got some tea with honey, pour some brandy or maybe rum in it, I don't know. Took some spices, one of it - cumin, light my cigarette and ohhhh, I just enjoyed it. After that its time for special cake. No, not one from the store, but from old granny's house and from the old oven. And this cake was put in granny's boxroom till I came and got that cake...
Yeah sugar, that is all Strip. My strip for you, such modern-rural strip. What can I do? I am feeling that way :)

trax
trax

CK Obsession/ML Encens Liquide/PG L'Ombre Fauve drydown, these are all very similar to my nose, so nothing new for me to experience here. Very pleasant though :)

jadelove
jadelove

I remember the first time I smelt Strip. It was strong and smelt like cherry punching you in the face. I decided to give it some time, and I'm so glad I did, because now I love it. It settles down to a musky smell, and is really nice. The staying power is excellent, it last such a long time.

I don't like the other Agent fragrances, so I'm just waiting until another Strip comes along.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I just got my Strip. At first it was quite strong, reminded me of Baised du Dragon by Cartier, but then after 15 mins it turned more soft, and sweet, now it feels more lovable, smooth, soft. Very Alluring. Definitely would recommend this on romantic wear ;)

michelle_belle_de_jour
michelle_belle_de_jour

I got this for Christmas and had to return it. The scent smelled horrible on me and everytime I smelled this scent it made me sick. Too strong for my taste.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

This scent mixes strangely with my chemistry. It opens ambery, then starts to smell faintly of black olives. I guess I like black olives...I can't pick out the floral notes very clearly. In a couple of hours, the olive note subsides and the scent turns more creamy. To me, it's just woody and sweet (and olivey.)It's different. I probably wouldn't buy a bottle, except that my husband seems to love it and he is pickier about perfumes than I am. He says he smells olives all day and smells none here! Thank you to the generous member who sent me the sample!
update:
I must amend my opinion on this one. I have a full bottle now and I am becoming quite addicted to this. The dry down really is awesome, I love this perfume now!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I love the original AP and the Diamond Dust AP edition. Strip is so far away from both of those scents. I would best describe it as hot, sweet tea served in an amber teacup (if such a thing were possible, LOL!) I get none of the floral notes in Strip. It comes across immediately as wood, spice and amber. It takes on a bit of an almond/Play-doh note at the end of its dry-down.

Strip has many points in its favor. It is well-crafted. The bottle is gorgeous. Longevity and sillage are decent. I could see this being a great evening scent on the right woman, so I'll give it respect, but alas, no love. Just not for me. I recommend sampling before purchase.

melia
melia

*Haha, I posted this comment for the wrong perfume, it belongs here:)*

WOAH, this IS provocating allright! With one little splash a bomb explodes on to my skin, makes my head spin circles. I think it's also because of the climate here (kind of wet): everything smells more intense and women wear light fragrances. But okay, I think it's all about the drydown with this one, which leaves a sexy powdery smell... reminds me of those old movies with women who smoke cigarettes on those long stick-things in silk robes. In other words: I'm not like that everyday, so this would suit me on rare occasions. But if you feel very femme fatale, you should definitely give it a try!

Sissi
Sissi

it has a creamy woodsy vanilla-like
opening but i think there a note missing praline wait a minute i'm picking up very potent scent of amber
very heavy indeed. i think this is to
sweet in my taste so i don't really
care for sweet candy like scents.

panda0410
panda0410

This is the best of all the AP frags, its smokey, sexy, sultry, sweet and musky and woody all at the same time.

The vetiver is almost certainly responsible for the smokey aura of this fragrance, it definitely reminds me of cigars in a strip club - which is kind of erotic in a feminine way. The musk and amber add to the warmth, they grow and envelope, and make this a really cosy perfume to wear. The geranium in the base adds to the rose overture of the scent, and woods keep it grounded and earthy.
I must admit to not being a fan of ylang-ylang, but in this fragrance its very sweet, very *come-hither*!

The fragrance overall reminds me of a retro/pin stripe clad gangster/cigar /classy mistress/smokey/club style perfume - and to me its awesome!!! This is such a pretty perfume, its warm and seductive and IMHO the best of ALL the AP fragrances. I will repurchase this in a heartbeat!

aromaminx
aromaminx

i find 'controversial' frags alluring and would love to get my hands on a bottle. if my chemistry is right ,i'd adore it as i really find matrisse downright flamabelly HOT on my skin.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. When I first put it on, the ylang ylang was screaming at me loud enough to make gag. Horrendous. Then I went out for dinner and kept catching the scent if something musky and sweet, took me a while before I realised it was me. The dry down on this is delicious, smells just like musk lifesavers. I live it but I'm not sure I can repeatedly get through the harrowing opening to justify a bottle. I do live the original AP though so I might just stick with that. Worth a try, I have a feeling body chemistry is important with this one.

Nicole79
Nicole79

oh God this is horrible!!!! Sweet powder mixed up with some medicinal alcohol...
No...no way...!!!
Sexy???!!! huhhh!!! ...LOL...

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

I am really glad that I had the opportunity to wear Strip for some time before deciding whether to buy it or not. I adore the classic Agent and I expected Strip to become my new fave for the season but now I know that this is simply not my frag. The top notes are smokey and spicy, almost suffocating. Then the scent calms down a bit and I can easily detect some rose nuances. The base is pleasant and ambery but not special enough to tempt me into buying a bottle, besides, the lasting power is limited, unlike the classic Agent, which I would definitely keep buying :)

Nenalata
Nenalata

I wish Agent Provocateur hadn't made this a limited edition; it's their best perfume and my absolute favourite! I'm going to have buy as many bottles of this as I can get my hands on.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is an overdose of amber, with powdery indolic flowers--smoky, dirty, sharp. Many perfume fans here find it sexy, and surely, so do some others in the outside world--But my idea of a sexy fragrance is a little bit more complex and surprising, and less overdosing and violent. There are so many sexy amber scents out there, and being more of a fan of musk--even more musky marvels. Do not buy this one unsniffed, no matter how much you think you like amber.

I could see myself appreciating the original Agent Provocateur in a dirty seedy smoke-clouded club (not my scene), but this one almost seems overbearing for a clubber girl, that is, unless she is the alpha female who the boys try to keep up with.
I'll just say that the scent is interesting because it's unique--

I can smell a touch of iris with the screaming ylang ylang, and the entire contents of a whale's stomach....But once the scent dries down and softens a bit becomes less disturbing, although still skanky, in a modern way. I almost didn't even want to ask my boyfriend what he thought about this, since this man seems to have similar fragrance preferences to mine-he likes most the perfumes I like most, and I always ask him his opinion before telling him the name and my verdict....

I put my wrist to his nose and he winced and said "That's powerful". I said that it might be my skin chemistry, it might be perfect for someone else, to which he replied "I can't imagine that smelling good on anybody." Well, it's not going to smell "good" on anybody, but it will suit those who want to wear their unsecret weapons and those who find perfumes with the strength of Opium too subtle.

truffles
truffles

Hmm, not sure about this one. On spraying, it reminds me at first of Calvin Klein's Obsession and then, in it's extremely powdery way of Chantilly by Houbigant (not good!). Patchouli comes through strongly midway through the wearing (yum). I also catch a whiff redolent of some supposedly pheremonal minor perfume of the 80s that I can't remember the name of. I recently acquired a bottle of this 'blind', being fascinated by the reviews I'd read and up til today only tried it on the wrist. I wasn't impressed but last night found that a trace of it on my sheets was a lovely sleep luller. Today I'm wearing it on the neck and, although it is lacking in complexity for me, it feels comfortable enough to wear. Don't catch any of the musk at all in this, just patchouli ambery powderiness. Still, might be a grower ...

Update: This is definitely a grower! It is very nice and indeed comforting to wear.
My favourite bath oil is Comfort by Liz Earle which I was surprised to love as it was the spicy one of a set of 3. It does what it says on the bottle. I've run out and am getting some more for Christmas.
I think I will apply Strip after a bath with this as I think they will work very well together.

moonruby

Strip smells like an upper-class courtesan/call girl/ escort.

Not exactly sexy in a trashy sense, this fragrance brings out a womans rawness. It is sexy, but has class

moonruby

Strip smells like an upper-class courtesan/call girl/ escort.

luz
luz

It is very powdery on my skin... warm floral notes are also evident. I don't find it sexy, but it is still very interesting and cosy.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Oh my the drydown is great,i tried it on my skin today.But the top is a bit sickening,hope i can manage to get threw it because i love the base.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

This is my favorite out of all of the Agents.
I think this is because it is so much warmer then the rest.
Agent Provocateurs are supposed to be super sexy! The others, while being lovely I don't find sexy.
When i think sexy i think dark hot and more then inviting.
This perfume has the most "Come and get me!" feeling!

So very inviting!
x

EvelynDFrech
EvelynDFrech

I'm interested. But is it really that good? Tried it two times. The first it was wonderful it had all I wanted. The second time I was not so impressed...Hm.

jeca

I forgot my Strip at my mom and dad's place, and I missed it so much, because its leathery-ambery scent was so cozy and sexy at the same time.

I like its sharp opening, I smell herbal-leather notes in it, and it challenges and pleases me, then the fragrance becomes sweeter, less aggressive and warm, I love this part too, and me, my husband and children love the smell of my pillow, when I wear Strip.

Strip is cozy scent of being home with my family in the evening.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I remember trying it on and oh god I hated the opening it was waaaayyy to strong and over powering. But then later on it developed into a nice,warm and spicy scent and the dry down was pure woody-musky heavy. I would definatley recommend this to lady who prefers darker and heavier scents.

allexa27
allexa27

For me this is the best from Ap frags.Very smoky,dry sweet and sexy.I cant stop smelling my wrist .it makes me wild really.unique smell!

susieqrj
susieqrj

I got a sample and I´m just trying it.
It´s nice but not sexy. It´s sweet and woody. It´s different from everything I ever smelled. I can´t smell flowers here, only musk, amber and woods. It also make me think of tobacco.
I think it may fits better on cold weather.

To me, Strip smelt like a candy store; sickeningly sweet, overpowering and musky. There is such a huge difference between this fragrance and the other Agent Provocateur scents.

Strip is somewhat of a clubbing/nightlife fragrance. It is strong and slightly smoky, reminiscent of a room shrouded in cigarette smoke, glittering with fluoro dresses and smelling of liquor and booze. This scent oozes naughtiness and sexuality, however, as much as I love sexy fragrances, this fragrance does not appeal to me. Sexy perfumes, in my opinion, are dark, sensual and dirty. Strip is none of those things. It is sugary sweet, loud and musty. I think that 'sexy' requires an element of class and maturity to be desirable.

EDIT:
I spoke too soon, as now Strip is a part of my wardrobe. The first time I tested Strip I couldn't detect the tea note, nor would I have liked it back then even if I had. It's not as sweet as I previously took it to be, and its much more sultry and leathery than I could have imagined.

An amazing fragrance, very sexy and great for nights out and about.

FairyDust
FairyDust

Wow! I received this as a birthday gift and I love it! It smells exactly like the drydown in my favorite perfume, Prada Amber. This will definitely be in my rotation for casual and office wear as Prada is too strong sometimes and offensive to others initially, although I love all its phases. Strip is very warm and woodsy, with a little kick of mysteriousness, not old ladyish at all. Reminds me of magical warm golden sparkles swirling in a rich dark amber accord. Very calming, yet sensuous and a little provocative. I think this would be great for summer, or any season actually. In fact, this could be considered a lighter version of Prada. For those that think it is not strong enough, like Trevil, try Prada! My husband likes the powdery woodsy smell of Strip, but I think he prefers the stronger allure of Prada. Both are fantastic !!!!

guiwings

Finally this perfume arrived. I open the box, sprayed in my wrist and... oh god, It's horrible! But then, after a while it was love at second sight! It has this smokey note and a calm spirit.
When my mom smelled it, she asked me if it was an aphrodisiac perfume :D

mirror
mirror

I had a similar experience like alicektn...

I bought it blind... can't explain why, I guess it was a spontanious act.
I got a bit nervous when I tried the classic Agent Provocateur a few days before I got Strip in the mail... the classic one is not exactly my kind of thing.
So when I sprayed Strip I was ready to be disappointed ...and I was. that smell! It reminded me of an old wooden armoir in my childhood. It was where my father stored all his pipes, the tobacco and the cleaning/care substances.
Not a bad smell at all but it just did not feel right as a perfume on me! Luckily an hour later the notes changed and it got this soft feminine touch to it. Mixed with the remaining spicy and smokey notes it makes it to one of the most intriguing fragrances in my repertoire.

I must say though, I was a bit disappointed by the bottle. I expected the fish-net to be real fish net. Sadly it is only some kind of foil, plastic print on the bottle which leaves a bit of a cheap impression...

alicektn
alicektn

When I first sprayed it on I thought my self "YUCK!!!!!Old lady!!! EW!Hate it!"

But after it developed...It's another story.
Imagine a beautiful eastern sudectress, that has used a shimmering perfumed powder with classic smell on her body.In her candlelit room she burns aromatic flower sticks and franckincense.
Well,this is the smell of Strip for me...

guiwings

I dying to try this perfume. I buy it on ebay and I'm waiting for it. I hope I don't get disapointed.

PolytheneGirl
PolytheneGirl

I wore this one for the first time today, and my other half's reaction to it was "Get your kit off"... Later on he elaborated that he finds it sexy in the sultry sense; not too strong that its heavy like Opium (he hates that), but not too soft to be ordinary.
I agree with him that it is distinct- I don't have anything else like it anyway. Its more feminine than Hugo Boss Intense and much more wearable (for me) than CK Obsession.
Personally, this is my favourite AP fragrance so far.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This fragrance is very woody. The dry-down reminds me of sawmill. I love it? I'm totally crazy about it...
Now I got it and remember how I didn't like it at all when sprayed on paper. On paper it's strong geranium and woods.
Lasting power is great. It's very sexy ;D I think it's pretty similar to L'Arte De Gucci (geranium)only Strip is more woody and lighter than L'Arte, but the feeling is right, I sniffed Strip and compared it with my still intense smelling L'Arte edp mini and it's like Strip is little sister of L'Arte.
The wood and geranium smells so nice and hot I like it :D (I hated geranium smell, when had these flowers at home) Maybe because its combined with wood.
Settles down so beautifully- woody and sweet, vetiver in this is as good as in AP signature :D
The most cool thing is that it lasts all day long and if you apply it on neck and later look on the cellar you can feel it even at the end of day.
My bottle is red with black splashes and has latex ribbon, the motif is just plastic thing that is 'warmed up' to fit the bottle (just like Eastern egg ;D), a bit cheap impression.
They MUST make it their regular perfume not limited edition :D

Astrid Allegra
Astrid Allegra

i love it:)) it is very alluring and serious. it's heavy so i don't use it in the summer...it is perfect for winter...very dominant and sensual:)

mudpach
mudpach

When I smells Strip first time (I bought it by unknown, cause i like Maitresse), I feel elderly (not sexy) scent.
I don't use it...

this works on the opposite sex , well it does for me.its so sexy it even turns me on!!!!! girls this will drive guys wild!!!!!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Smoky, sexy and special.

Marianne
Marianne

I like 75 percent of this fragrance - a part reminds me of the "classic" perfumes like Coco, which I don't like, but there is a very spicy, sexy side that can be found in Clarins Par Amour, as well.

Vanessa Olivatti
Vanessa Olivatti

I think the Strip very sexy and powerful.
Only take great care not to contaminate with that wonderful perfume!

zoka

I love it, it completely makes me wild and crazy :D

jeca

Yes, it is the sexiest scent by Agent, well balanced, it smells just like described above.

zoka

A powerful and sensual scent with great amber accord! Its so warm and sharp at the very beginning, and after 12 hours I smell it's very noticeable, but calmer, very beautiful.