Designers » A » Chypre « Groups

Firdous Al Haramain Perfumes for women and men

Firdous Al Haramain Perfumes for women and men
dislike

Firdous by Al Haramain Perfumes is a Chypre fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features sandalwood, musk, moss, lily-of-the-valley and lily.

Sandalwood Musk Moss Lily-of-the-Valley Lily

Naeem
Jannet El Firdaus
Cabochard Parfum
Ma Griffe (Vintage)

Firdous Fragrance Reviews

hafidzummc
hafidzummc

herbal yet fresh. i wonder if it wud be nice to layer this with royal water

Jadeopal
Jadeopal

Definitely something different, in a good way.
Fresh and invigorating. Great on a hot day

Imzar
Imzar

I succumbed to the temptation and bought this on sight as it is so cheap. About USD6 for a 15ml bottle. Come in a nifty little box too that looks like a cigarette box

I like the scent, it smells soapy fresh on opening and quickly develops into some sweet woody smell whch is soft but lasts. Sillage is respectable too

I use it for layering with Tom Ford Grey Vetiver edt and the result is heavenly. It gives TFGV a fresher smell with more depth and longevity.

This is good stuff. If you cannot stand it on its own, at least you can use it for layering. Now I need to try some more from the range

Shayezteh
Shayezteh

Lillies, floral, musk on a base of sandalwood and the awesome essence of aged wood. This one smells premier. What's great is its greenness without the intensely chypre-esque depth of its Jannet El Firdaus counterpart.

Other than the depth, I also feel the packaging of that one is better and that's stronger.

Both are equally lasting with similar sillage.

Edit: This starts of on a very soapy note. If you just open the bottle, it'll feel like you opened the bar of a drugstore soap. But, wait out past till the citrus notes burst open and settle down with equal fervor. This is a win-win one.

Vampire_7
Vampire_7

Good day perfume lovers... This perfume is awesome... I love it so much.. But it is almost the same naeem... Except that naeem is a bit stronger... Dont get me wrong... I love this green moss smell... I have collected all 14 lines of this perfumes... This could be my top 7.... I just... Really love it.... For those who like naeem... Might like this one...

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Very green and mossy with a little sweetness to it. I get a very subtle rose note although rose isn't listed, and it has a lasting mossy/woody finish. As another reviewer mentioned, this is not one of the oud/amber type Arabian oils and it's lighter than those types, but it has excellent longevity and moderate sillage. I'm impressed by the quality of this fragrance, and will definitely be trying more of them.

nero77
nero77

Chypre Oil...

So this is one which I do enjoy wearing a lot. I have always been a fan of "attar" oils, and this one is no exception. The name means "paradise" in Arabic.

To me, Firdous comes across as a mossy chypre, albeit in oil form, with a hint of some lemon background (presumably the citronalla aspect). I do also get lilly-of-the-valley, that is to say a clean white floral smell, and a background of white musk. Those are the notes for me, there may be sandalwood there but it's not so noticeable.

Overall, a very clean smell. Fresh, slightly woody, but mainly green. I like it very much. If you want a chypre style fragrance for a very cheap price, this will do it. Very good stuff.

Staar77
Staar77

I purchased this perfume as the notes sounded intriguing-and I liked the idea of having a oakmoss heavy perfume as some have described.

Initially I have to say that the note like citronella dominates-and I'm not a fan of citronella in perfumes. It is either citronella that I'm picking up, or the mixture of lemon and lily-of-the-valley, well whatever it is I don't really like it that much!
There is a woodiness and muskiness behind the citronella or lemon/lily-of-the-valley.

After a little over half an hour, the horrible 'citronella' disappears and is replaced by a green, fresh and woody scent with musk in the background, I can also smell the oakmoss and some white floral notes.
Sadly after an hour it becomes a skin scent on me, and I find it difficult to pick out any of the notes.

patxaran

What a deceptively simple beauty! Looking at the notes I wasn't sure if I would love this as much as I do now... but Loca del To's review convinced me I had to give it a try. The opening is very sharp, you must persevere until that citronella effect wears off - this is not what the fragrance is all about. The main phase reveals a beautifully rounded composition with florals, musk and plenty of oakmoss. I am not sure how much there is lily of the valley, as I don't usually like this note. All I can sniff is a chypre that hovers elegantly between a clean slightly green musky floral and the type of chypres I like from Agent Provocateur.
In summary, I wouldn't say this reminds me of Heno de Pravia but I like it a lot anyway!

@ Loca del To
You had me at Heno de Pravia... I was always wondering if there was a perfume out there that resembles without having to resort to buying some sort of litrona size of family cologne from a Spanish import shop. This one is way more suitable for the handluggage :-) I am buying already !

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

This is so green, soapy, refreshing and clean. A little bit sweet at the bottom (maybe the sweetness of amber and musk). An herbal delight, with a little bit of white flowers, lavender and slightly leathery. Wonderful for hot weather if applied with a very light hand. Totally unisex. This makes you feel clean and fresh and lasts for ages. Reminds me of the grassy aroma of La Toja´s Heno de Pravia soap. In fact it combines very well with Heno de Pravia. Lovely and so cheap. You can´t go wrong with this one. Suitable for everyday use, sports and office even in the hottest weather but please use no more than one drop or it would be too cloying. If you like grassy, clean and soapy scents, this is the one for you.

sam ldh
sam ldh

@ hollyc

I totally agree with you, it's a great find, indeed.
And loaded with Oakmoss, too!

This one is just a cover-version of Swiss-Arabian's original masterpiece-scent Jannet-el-Firdaus, but with its own character.
It's more soapy, less pungent/masculine and thus more unisex, more smooth and less dark than the original. I love the original obviously, but enjoy wearing both!
For detailed description please refer to my Jannet-el-Firdaus review.

Happy Sniffing,
Sam Singer

hollyc
hollyc

What a find! What a gem! Beautiful intense green florals over a musky, mossy (I think there is LOT of oakmoss in this Hallelujah!)base. Goes on very strong (but lovely) and transforms over many hours. I get the most lovely smokey leather in this and the drydown is to die for and lasts until the next day! I think there is tons of oakmoss in this as it reminds me of my favorite perfumes that were decimated by accountants and the IFRA. Reminds me somewhat of what I remember Cabochard extrait being. Very unabashedly mature and retro. Close your eyes and I'm sure you will be transported to the 1930's. I love this so much I bought 3 bottles. I smell more chypre than fougere with this, but that's just my nose I'm sure, we all get different things from different fragrances. Thank God there are alternatives to the chemical mish mash that most fragrances are today!

Labaloo
Labaloo

Yes- VERY-similar to 'Jannat al Firdaus' by Swiss Arabian: a highly "green" and floral, aromatic fougère- not a chypre. Base is oakmoss and musk; heart is a complex mixture of lavender with floral, herbal, and aldehyde modifiers. The top is a citrus blend, but this top is not as strong as SA's original, making it "softer" and not as "sharp". 'Firdous' is nice... but I also prefer both 'Naeem' and 'Khaltath'(formerly:'Mukhallat')

maani
maani

its same as Swiss Arabian JANNET EL FIRDAUS ,but moire softer than Swiss Arabian, Firdous is best for women and Swiss Arabian JANNET EL FIRDAUS is best for men

Phelios
Phelios

Pardum very strong at first, but not required thereafter, I much prefer Naeem.

Shwets
Shwets

Very sweet green musk scent but not very musky.
I prefer to the Swiss Arabian version but these type of scents are not my cup of tea and a note in this oil makes me feel queasy.

queenkey
queenkey

This is similar to the same fragrance by Swiss Arabian, but Swiss Arabian is more concentrated "musk" and this is a little "sweeter" to me. I have them both and blend them together. And remember not too much! Stays all day on me. Dries to a beautiful green floral musk! If you love the original "musk" oils from the 70's, blend a little Jovan musk to it, like I do, you'll feel nostalgic!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Al Haramain Perfumes Firdous fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Al Haramain Perfumes Firdous, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Firdous by Al Haramain Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Firdous by Al Haramain Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.