Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Susan Al-Rehab for women

Susan Al-Rehab for women
dislike

Susan by Al-Rehab is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. The fragrance features exotic fruits, musk, exotic floral notes, vanilla, citruses and oriental notes.

Exotic Fruits Musk Exotic floral notes Vanilla Citruses Oriental notes

Amarige

Susan Fragrance Reviews

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

A big fruity floral in the vein of Amariage.
Sillage is substancial and very feminine. A great alternative to the Givenchy classic or a fun birdwalk into the big fruity floral genre without breaking the bank.Bring it on vacation. Fun.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

It's Amarige...and it's amazing. Anyone who is 35 and older remembers this well and most of us who are Givenchy fans love it. I would wear this and unabashedly tell people I'm wearing Amarige...it's just that good. It's got that strong, oily base that Givenchy is known for so it's long lasting and sensual...pure woman in a bottle...delicious.

heather62
heather62

Definitely like Amarige but less sharp. very nice.

Update: last night after my bath, I put on a few swipes of this and then put Everyman Lotion, Cedar and Citrus on with it. When I woke up this morning, it still smelled so good.

This is quite a bit less expensive and still very strong and very nice. If you like Amarige, you will like this. No doubt. I think the best value would be to buy the 6 pack if you can.

And if you have Amarige, maybe this would extend the life of the original.

ptilda
ptilda

When I first got this, I got lots of florals and some musk with little fruit. Now I get a distinct white floral of Jasmine and tuberose, but initially, there is a bright citrus note cutting through. It's not overpowering at all. Just a nice break from the typical floral bomb.

Upon further sniffing, apricot appears for a moment. But it's rather brief.

What this scent settles into is a gorgeous and sophisticated white floral and musk. I've only tested Amarige once, and don't much remember specifics. But this might be close.

I sniffed a few tuberose scents today, and this might be my favorite. I'd like to experiment with layering this under Kim Kardashian Kim Kardashian, one of the Michael Kors Michael Kors fragrances, or even with a leather like Gres Cabochard or Pierre Balmain Jolie Madame.
It dries down to a gorgeous scent that I could wear all day any day... And I'm not so partial to florals. This is a love for me.

Greensprite
Greensprite

I am sooo impressed with this. Smells really good quality. Like amarige but more potent and pure. Amazing amazing value. I'm going to be buying more of this.

Stenklover
Stenklover

Very similar to Amarige, which means this stuff is POTENT. This is what I imagine Susan would smell ike when she is 86 and wears perfume like she can't smell herself. STRONG.

Jac401
Jac401

This a seriously strong perfume. I've had it for over a week now, but after trying it a few times without being blown off my feet and disliking it intensely, I've put some on layered over Lattafa's Raghba Classic, just to 'ground' it a bit. It's been on 30 minutes now, and it's not wall-to-wall flowers , just gently floral, and I can smell the Raghba coming through, sweet and heavy.

It's now 40 minutes after putting it on, and it just 'amped up' (I've only got the two layered on the back of my hand), and it sent wafts of a beautiful, soft flowery-something, not quite rose, could be gardenia? Not sure of notes, but it smells lovely, and still quite strong but because it's got the Raghba underneath, it's sort of mellowed it out. So, if this is how I have to wear it, I really won't mind at all. I hate giving up on any perfume, and like experimenting with layering, and I've managed to salvage a few this way, that didn't agree with my chemistry on their own.

I've never smelled Amirage so I cannot compare the two, but my new 'niche' perfume (Amirage Classic, anyone?) is absolutely fab. Just off to apply to other parts!!

NB. I have re-applied this on it's own this afternoon, and I now know what it's about. I still get blown away by the opening, but after 10 minutes I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! (Sorry for the shout).

Husband says I smell 'like a lady'!

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

I really can't help but smile at the fact that this Amarige lookalike is just named...Susan.

Hi. Hello. This is Susan. Your accountant.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

Susan, my dear, you are a beautiful lady with an intoxicating personality.

The notes mentioned is very general and not very specific. But to me Susan smells like a very creamy and vanillic blend of tuberose and gardenia, with an ambery and slightly spicy drydown. The last whiff of Susan reminds me of an old alley in an arab city, close to a herb and spice market. The drydown is such a surprise, because it is very different from the opening and the heart of the scent. It's like smelling two very different scents. From creamy, heady floral to dry, shadowy cobblestone and wicker baskets filled with strange herbs and spices. Susan, you are extremely intriguing!

The sillage is phenomenal, don't put on too much of the stuff. And the longevity is amazing. I can smell Susan on my skin, faintly, after 24 hours.

Susan is becoming one of my favourite scents actually. And I can't believe that such a gorgeous fragrance costs so little. Such a bliss to have discovered this perfume oil! <3

katemax
katemax

From what I remember of amarige this is the same, but I wont judge it compared to amarige as it deserves its own merit. For a perfume that cost me £2 it is lovely, strong and heavily floral. I have many al rehab oils and I like them all in their own way, this is one of the better ones

herculano
herculano

Susan made me realize just how beautiful Amarige Givenchy really is. I was ridiculously excited for Susan to arrive in the post... looked forward to ripping open the package and proceeding to do a side by side wrist to wrist wiff test. Amarige is one of my favorite perfumes, and for a long while it was my signature. I wasnt so much hoping for an exact perfect replication, as much as I was curious to find the different nuances the two would have in contrast to each other. Actually, I was slightly hoping for an exact replica, I suppose. It certainly would have been a nice surprise. But no Susan is not a perfect replica.
I cannot pin down the note... But I can tell you that Amarige unfolds, and just keeps unfolding, while Susan is linear. Susan begins almost exactly like Amarige... Big white floral opening... Very very close to Amarige.. and it just sort of... stays there. Amarige contains a wonderful soprano harmony... a higher note that just carries. Susan never goes up that high, and instead it drops into a sour wet hay thing, and not in a good way. The Sour-Hay thing is always there. Its discordant and slightly harsh. Its not going to be noticed by others in your vicinity, but whenever you get too close to your wrist you will smell that amarige-like big white floral opening and thenyou will be quickly dropped into that off-putting hay.
So... I dont know if I will continue playing around with Susan. I may. My Amarige is getting really low and I am not in a position to buy more at the moment. We'll see.
For now, allow me to describe my experience in this way: Amarige is like your first trip to Paris, including the exciting airplane ride, full of promise... its on to the eiffel tower, the Sacré-Cœur , the montmarte, the louvre, and then some fabulous cafe, then an incredible restaurant... Then meeting a really cute french guy.. on and on. Amarige is that magical month in Paris when you were 25. Susan is the airplane ride, but then you never get to leave Charles De Gaulle airport... youre stuck there... Maybe flirting with some guy from Slovenia who is also stuck there. but hey, at least youre in Paris.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

BIG GARDENIA, no seriously, BIIIIIIIG gardenia. Like attack of the 50 foot gardenia, with some peach and tuberose and other stuff in the background.

Honestly? I love it. I love this incredible gardenia monster stomping in, kicking a** and taking names. This gardenia doesn't eff around, it comes in, smashes up the joint and continues on its gardenia-monster-y way.

Yeah there's peach and sandalwood and mimosa, but they're like the non-Beyonce members of Destiny's Child, nice to have around, but not the main attraction.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I would say this is a pleasant enough western-smelling scent. It is not quite like Amerage, it is a bit like a Marks and Spencer scent but I can't put my finger on which one. As it develops, it is very floral with a touch of green.

Labaloo
Labaloo

The graphic-design similarities between this and Givenchy 'Amarige' are too strikingly-similar to dismiss... Isn't Fragrantica a remarkable thing- to have this database at our fingertips?! I've never smelt 'Amarige', but the notes on that page are far-more accurate for 'Susan' than the ones that appear here... Definitely a sweet, white-flower bomb over an oriental base with subtle fruity notes. I like it. I know that it probably lacks the complexity of 'Amarige', but the balancing is quite nicely-done!

Midea
Midea

Very similar to Lancome Amarige yet doesn't contain that one putting off cat piss note that Amariage has. Today I bought 3 Al Rehab scents - Susan, Elena and Sandra, yet Susan is the only oil that I tried to wash off my arm.. Twice! Very strong synthetic smell. I really don't like it even though I hoped I would. From those 3 I'd say that the most beautiful is Sandra, Elena is quiet nice also, but Susan, well, lets just say - it's not for me. I am into Oriental Florals, but this one, on my skin, is a bunch of very strongly smelling synthetic flowers.

Femigirl
Femigirl

This is loud. It's Amarige redux but I like it. However Amarige is more nuanced and multi-faceted (if you give it time) while Susan is a rather one-dimensional floral.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

This is not a review for Susan, but for another floral smell - alike from Al Rehab ~ Organdy!

Yes, you guessed it. Organdy is a dupe of Organza, in the nicest possible way. They open very similarly and have the same pleasant vibe. But where Organza has a lot of high quality greens somewhere in the middle, Organdy stays linear throughout. Also lacking the vanillic and sandalwood base notes of Organza, Al Rehab's version is surprisingly fun. I enjoy spritzing with abandon, secure in the knowledge that I'm not spraying liquid gold but smell fabulous!

I assume that Organdy has been discontinued, as limited availablity is an issue. It appears to only be available in the US through Al Rashad in an alcohol - free spray version. Like the one for Susan shown on this page! Larger than a roll on ~ the bottle is still small enough to tuck into a purse, and longevity isn't an issue when sprayed on fabric. To me, these little bottles are rather cute and definately nifty. ;)

The nicest thing about many Arabian scents? Their layerability! Having the 'oud' note in common seems to help this considerably. Organdy is no exception. In place of the greens in Organza, this little darling contains oud! It's TRULY a middle eastern take on a classic.

Best of all, I can layer it beautifully with my new favorite oud scent - Jovan Intense Oud - creating a rich and cheerful aroma. The combination is both lively and seductive.

Recommended, if only for layering!

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I used to have Amarige when very young. I remember loving it very much. Lately I haven't even wanted to try it since the fume that I smell from the cap makes me recoil.

I also need to add I am not a huge fan of most florals as they fall flat and smell like a vase of wilted flowers with some mold thrown in on me.
This is different, it might be due to the carrier being oil and not alcohol but this is one rare floral that I truly like. It's full and rounded and non-cloying and even though I can smell it hovering over the precipice of that dusty moldy soil that I get from almost all the others on the market, it doesn't fall into it. I'm very glad for this!
This to me smells very classy and will be nicely paired with an elegant dress, dinner and well behaved conversation and my hair in a strict chignon!

Sillage and projection: 5/5
Warning: this, along with the rest of the Al- Rehab oils is very strong smelling. Apply in the tiniest dabs to test your tolerance.
Longevity: 3/5, even though they smell strong I find they don't last past the 4-5 hour mark. No problem, keep the tiny roll-on in your purse for a quick and discreet application if needed!
Fragrance: 3/5
I would highly recommend this but since I'm not a floral girl I know that I will only sporadically wear it. I'd say it will be amazing for a floral lover and a cheap blind buy.

Shoshi
Shoshi

Smells like Amarige, but to be honest, a bit nicer and less harsh since it's an oil

mihaela01
mihaela01

OMG...this perfume is just...floral...I can t feel any of the other notes just flowers.It is not bad,just a garden of flowers.Never smelled Amarige so I can t tell if it is simillar but I am sure Amarige belongs to Givenchy and not Lancome.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

agree with the post below like a classic Lancome Amarige

Shwets
Shwets

A cheaper version of Amarige

novembertrees
novembertrees

I bought this attar after some positive experiences with other Al Rehab scents, but this one just fell flat. It starts out with a strong, very synthetic smell-- very chemical, very fake floral, and that kind of drowned out any other scent that might have been lurking. The entire scent was gone within an hour.

I hope I'm in the minority-- the notes listed for this one sound delightful, and I really wanted to like it :(

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Al-Rehab Susan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Al-Rehab Susan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Susan by Al-Rehab. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Susan by Al-Rehab represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.