Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

My Queen Light Mist Alexander McQueen for women

My Queen Light Mist Alexander McQueen for women
dislike

My Queen Light Mist Alexander McQueen for women Pictures My Queen Light Mist Alexander McQueen for women Pictures

My Queen Light Mist is a fragrance for women launched in 2007.

Romantic and cheerful, this fragrance opens with aromas of pink grapefruit and redcurrant in the top. The heart add it a rhythm of rose and violet, while the base caresses with warm sandalwood, patchouli, amber, white musk and tea leaves.

It comes as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) EDT in a bottle of the same shape as its predecessor, My Queen.

Pink Grapefruit Red Currant

Pink Grapefruit Red Currant

Rose Violet

Musk Amber Patchouli Sandalwood Tea

What a delicious fragrance

I had not invested in the McQueen fragrance line because I was not pleased with the samples I tested and the scented strip on paper smell that makes it or breaks it for me. This was selling at Harrods in London and I was tempted to test it and decide on the spot whether or not to make a purchase. I found it to be quite light and subtle, despite the sweet flirty youthful air which in any other perfume like let's say a Paris Hilton (i.e. Siren, Heiress) which aren't my bag would have induced headaches because of the charged sweetness. No such effect with this one. It's a body mist and yet it has enough going on to make me appreciate it as a real perfume. The bottle is lovely and the scent is too. I also have taken to spraying part of my hair with it. Leaves behind such a lovely scent. Great for after a shower when you want to smell good but not come on too strong.

This perfume is it's own perfume but at times it reminds me of Guerlain's Petit Robe Noir. That's not a bad thing as I do like Petit Robe Noir. The currant is a delicious almost red berry type of scent. It's not grape soda thank God. It's a sweet syrupy currant note that never gets cloying. I also detect a bit of citrus courtesy of grapefruit. The pink grapefruit is right on the mark on how it has recreated the scent of pink grapefruit. Pulpy juicy and delectable. There's a fruit juice type of scent as it opens. If you like fruity fragrances this is a nice one. This is wearable in the summer when the weather is hot and you want to smell sweet.

There is minimal floral notes. I detected the rose and violet and there's more violet than rose. I like this very pretty violet smell. It's feminine and dainty a bit sugar plum fairy ish. That violet is as far as the florals go but it never gets too mature or too overwhelming nor even too powdery for a violet. A fine intro to violets for a novice perfumista. The rose note is coming off as a candy rose because of the pink grapefruit citrus and the currant it has a lovely fruited rose type of scent, or red wine and rose note.

My Queen Light Mist is absolutely delicious and it's too bad I can't drink this up. The violet scent and rose combination is heady but not too strong. It's even lighter than an Eau de Toilette. The downside in this is that it has weak projection, sillage and lasts but a short time. On my skin it lasts no longer than an hour or two. One has to reapply in order to keep the perfume on you. It's good while it lasts. This is a much more wearable modern version of the Oriental spicy more recent perfumes by McQueen. I don't think it is a perfume that matches up with the glamorous and high fashion brand but it's not terribly cheap either. This is not a flea market fragrance. It's not as long lasting or complex as I like my perfumes but this is marketing younger girls who want to smell good and not that into statement perfume. Even Guerlain has had fragrances like that i.e. Parfum Initial, Petite Robe Noir, Eau de Lingerie. Not great but not bad. Yummy. It's a compliment magnet. Wear it with pleasure.

Vanilla violin
Vanilla violin

I bought it last year because I love violet and tea notes. The reviews were more than enthusiastic and the scent seemed a safe bling buy. I wore it in spring, summer and winter and yesterday I passed it to someone else.

The violet is watery with a generous dose of grated cucumber, giving it an aquatic feel. I can never wear aquatics, they are usually accompanied by a a type of musk that makes me nauseated.

It is too fresh, too sharp, too musky, too dry to my liking.
I know, I know, there is no such thing as a safe blind buy. But oh, the promises of tea and violet....

rostov14
rostov14

Warm and fresh, citrusey and woodsy, unashamedly violetey and musky scent.
Genie in the bottle! Sparkling, bubbling, vivacious and playful!
Gin and tonic...
Magnificent like the sun setting behind the trees in the forest which are covered with snow crystals.
Mystic like the Northern Lights rising in the night sky.
Breathtaking! Beautiful and romantic. Dream in the bottle!
And the power of the trail...-violets powdered on a silk ground. Long lasting but not so imperial like My Queen. My Princess, I would rather call her, My Summer Mist indeed.

tophcam
tophcam

My absolute favourite fragrance of all time. It's so sad that it is no longer available - I'm certainly planning to track down a few bottles to save once I reach halfway. I save this for special occasions because it's so near and dear to me. It's got a very strong sweet, slightly floral smell. The most noticeable note is violet, but I can definitely pick up on the pink grapefruit and currant. The thing with this perfume is that EVERY SINGLE person that I've asked to smell it have said that it smells wonderful - even those who prefer a different feel to their fragrances (myself included). This is a sweet floral for those who don't want a powdery or matronly floral. It's young, it's inviting, it feels comfortingly sweet and happy.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

This is very floral, fruity, fresh & musky. I definitely agree with the scent description that it is romantic & cheerful. I smell a lot of pink grapefruit.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm not sure I like this that much. It smells very dry on me and quite sharp. The tea is nice...
This is a good example of what a floral woody musk should be but something in it is just off putting and unpleasant to me. It smells mainly floral and woodsy than anything else.

I just thought it was going to be much moer "pretty" for some reason. It's more sharp than pretty and I just think it's going wonky on me..

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Lots of lemon, tea leaves, musk and patchouli. Lovely for summer and again like My Queen, lasts forever. In fact, it 'musks up' beautifully for summer! A fabulous alternative for the warmer months. It's fresher, drier and uber feminine!

malumalukucing
malumalukucing

love the bottle, but the violet in this nearly killed me. i'm sensitive to violet in fragrances (instant headache). i should have known!

dahlia
dahlia

NathalieZ has described it perfectly. Such a lovely, uplifting, soft and easy to like scent. I own also the classic My Queen and I definitely see the similarities. The one can't replace the other, though - they are quite different. Light Mist is more transparent and the violets are less prominent (but still very detectable). Now, when the winter is still here but I hear birds singing early in the icy mornings, I think is the perfect time to pull out My Queen Light Mist - a bit flower prettiness and spring breeze for the cold winter days.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

With many thanks to Nathalie, I had the opportunity to test this scent. The violet note was dominant for me, which made my skin chemistry react unpleasantly to the fragrance. As a result, the scent was sharp and flat, when I can see by the notes that there is so much more going on. Unfortunately, I don't have the right skin chemistry for this, but I recommend it for those who love violets.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alexander McQueen My Queen Light Mist fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alexander McQueen My Queen Light Mist, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify My Queen Light Mist by Alexander McQueen. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of My Queen Light Mist by Alexander McQueen represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.