Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Amouage Epic Woman Amouage for women
dislike

I have it: 429 I had it: 104 I want it: 444 My signature: 15

smoky
Amouage Epic Woman Amouage for women Pictures Amouage Epic Woman Amouage for women Pictures

Amouage Epic Woman by Amouage is a oriental floral fragrance for women. Amouage Epic Woman is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2009. Top notes are caraway, pink pepper and cinnamon; middle notes are rose, geranium, jasmine and tea; base notes are amber, vanilla, incense, orris root, patchouli and agarwood (oud). Amouage Epic Woman was created by Cecile Zarokian, Daniel Maurel and Angeline Leporini.

Caraway Cinnamon Pink Nerium Oleander

Rose Geranium Jasmine Tea

Amber Vanilla Incense Orris Root Patchouli Agarwood (Oud) Musk Sandalowood Guaiac Wood Olibanum

Mon Nom est Rouge

Amouage Epic Woman Fragrance Reviews

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

For lovers of dark, woody roses like Lancome Magnifique, Dior Midnight Poison (both discontinued), JHAG Lady Vengeance, and Montale Red Aoud, Amouage Epic will surely ensnare you.

Epic is a dense, rose-oud beauty warmed with sweet incense, radiant amber and velvety patchouli.

Rose is beautifully present and soft oud is secondary along with incense, but balanced with rose in good measure. So for those of you who typically don't like oud, don't shy away from Epic.

I clearly recogize geranium, a softer, herbal iteration of deep red roses, steeped in a humbling vanilla and plush sandalwood.

Caraway is gorgeous and brings a very soft, spicy, anise-like breeze. No body-funk cumin here! Just clean layers of deep aromatics.

If you have one of the fragrances aforementioned, you probably won't need Epic. But if you don't and are seeking a beautifully balanced rose/wood/oud aura to bathe in, add this gorgeous emerald bottle to your collection without hesitation.

rnasim
rnasim

What a pleasant smoky, spicy, woody fragrance! This version of Epic also got that familiar bitter note similar to the one I find in Journey Man.
Almost all floral notes dissipate within 1 hour, the remaining vibe is mostly precious wood, a very tiny pinch of cumin and a hint of geranium.
The reason why so many women here are neutral about this supposed-to-be-for-women creation from Amouage, is because it is actually a unisex fragrance. Getting my bottle without any hesitation, as I couldn't care less about its non-Man bottle design.

mrr
mrr

It's not reformulated, you just shouldn't buy the almost-real-looking replica from the internet for the half of the price of the authentic.

Lucifersan
Lucifersan

This juice is in complete juxtaposition. It's smoky yet fresh yet spicy yet oriental yet very floral. It is a complete headfuck of a fragrance and yet oh-so right at the same time.
It's extremely hard to describe. I absolutely love it and yet my best male friend says it smells like "old lady potpourri, a bit minty and burning... something".
I would emphatially suggest not to blind buy but to obtain a sample if you can.
Regardless of what my friend said, I love it.

fillifelle
fillifelle

I hesitated a Long time before I decided to write this review. How can I put into words a scent that moves me so, captures my heart and transports my soul? I first came across Epic Woman in an upmarket perfume store 4 years ago. I was already 'initiated' into the niche perfume industry by then with a few bottles of Annick Goutal. Amouage Memoir and Epic caught my intense interest but I never made the plunge to buy a full bottle because of the price. A $300plus fragrance was just not within my reach at that time.

Fast forward 4 years later, I casually picked up an old sample vial of Epic W from Luckyscent that I had suppressed from my memory and took a desultory sniff. The strange obsessive desire to have it gripped me once again. Within a few days, I had bought my full bottle. And it was a matter of walking into the same store, going right up to the Amouage section, and pointing it out, "I'm here to buy THAT."

After sniffing so many niche scents, Amouage Epic W still remains my absolute favourite fragrance. On my skin, this is Creamy Caraway with very good quality Oud. The oud here is of the same deep herbaceous medicinal quality as Mona di Orio's Oudh Osmanthus. And the caraway here is NOTHING like cumin. There is no curry sweaty note here. Just the most beautiful Caraway. I used to use a very expensive shampoo from an exclusive Shu Uemura Art of Hair series called Shusu Sleek. That has the same Caraway note and left my hair emitting an aura of ethereal fragrance after wash.

If our signature and favorite perfumes are links to our past lives, Epic definitely bridges my soul to a heartbreakingly sweet episode in a bygone era. One which tells of a great sacrificial love, forgotten by time but relived in a scent.

Livsiv
Livsiv

Maybe its just on my skin, but had to go clean it off. Smells like insect spray.

Janebear
Janebear

Oh my what a beauty! Just received my first Amouage. I deliberated for a week (blind buy!! - mad I know considering but it was a special offer and I do get a kick out of frag roulette). I'm extremely happy with my choice - Epic is divine. Whilst I wear heavy perfumes at any time of the day and really don't care if I 'knock out' my work colleagues - Epic is a perfect day / night creation. Whilst it's a strong smell, it's not overbearing or cloying, certainly not headache creating. I'm loving it, I'm sat here enjoying being enveloped in what is to my mind everso slightly medicinal fragrance yet extremely comforting. The initial pepper spray I don't like, but it's gone in a few seconds, then it becomes everso Perles de Lalique but with staying power!!! Plus you definitely detect the Oudh undertone. As I run my nose up and down my arm (my work colleagues are giving me funny looks), I'm marveling at how beautifully blended this perfume is - woodsy, slightly spicey, rose and oudh. I cannot get my beloved Midnight Poison anymore, PDL was an attempt at filling that gap in my collection but it has zero staying power. This is PDL moving to MP - smooth, beautiful, divine - I'm in love.

Code1ne
Code1ne

Epic is beautiful and versatile, some call it polarizing but I see it as a crowd pleaser. The sillage is not disappointing (contrary, I think it's perfect for this fragrance) but it's not strong either. Longevity is great. I wasn't sure if I loved this or just liked it at first, but I found myself craving it until I used up my sample (within a few days), so I now think it's worth buying a full bottle despite the exorbitant price. Epic is not challenging if you like spicy rose perfumes, it's smooth and full-bodied, on the dry side, and unique within the spicy rose category. I don't get much oud, so I really do mean spicy rose, and not oudy rose. Overall though, the rose stands out on me more than anything. Epic got me compliments, my boyfriend loves it, and it's a perfume I could see myself wearing very frequently. I really like Amouage, but if I'm being honest, I don't think all of their perfumes reflect their price tag. Epic does though, it's very, very well done. I don't usually find myself missing a sample as much as I'm missing this one. Kudos Amouage, my hard earned $300 will probably be yours at some point soon. I still kind of hate the price a LOT but I want to smell like this, often.

luxbuyer
luxbuyer

"EPIC WOMAN"

اپیک زنونه هم یکی دیگه از شاهکارهای امواج هست.
ترکیب رایحه گل خرزهره، ادویه ها ، چوب عود، زیبایی خاصی به این عطر عطا کرده.
مرحله میانی عطر ترکیب رایحه رُز با ادویه ها رو دارید، کسانی که به رُز اسپایسی علاقه مند هستند قطعا از این عطر لذت میبرن.
برای من شباهت های زیادی بین این عطر و عطر رُز 31 از برند لُ لِبو وجود داره، ولی کیفیت مواد اولیه امواج رو حس میکنم بهتره.
hotaxis کامنت:

(سایت لوکس بایر (با امکان تست سمپل

Kalitera
Kalitera

Does anybody know whether it has any similarities to Le Labo Rose 31?

McYvan
McYvan

I see some complaints about suspicious reformulation here, basically for poor longevity and weak sillage, well, what I can tell is my 15 batch(with magnetic cap) is very long lasting and a heavy scent, a little goes a long way(2 sprays last whole day). Plus, on my perfume-eating skin. I have no idea of so-called "old formula" since I don't have one, maybe they smell different, but to be objective and intuitive, this scent is stronger and more long-lasting than my most other non-magnetic cap Amouages, such as Lyric, Jubilation, Dia. It stands near Ubar the floriental bomb, definitely a compliments getter, though not a sillage monster.
While I do find current version of Gold is watered down, both longevity and sillage are not satisfing, and there are many discussions of Amouage reformulations, but nothing is absolutely right. Just give it a try.

Bexx83
Bexx83

I was wondering around an Australian department store called David Jones, in Australia it's one of the nicer ones. I came upon this wee table with nichè perfumes. At first I smelt Black Jade by Lubin and then I came across the Amouage range.
I smelt a few and very quickly put them down, then I came across this dark green bottle, i held it up to my nose and was instantly intrigued....So i sprayed a little bit on my wrist. At first I smelt a very heavy smell of pine and thought, I'd made a mistake in trying this one. Then about 3 minutes later, I put my nose to my wrist again and this hypnotic, warm, woody and sensuous smell came to me. I was hooked!

I found out the price and thought, it was too much and walked away.
All day, I found myself drawn to my wrist and this beautiful warm smell that intoxicated me everytime I smelt it.
For months I have gone and smelt other perfumes and even Chanel smells 'cheap' and 'common'.

Today I went to Libertine and perfumery boutique in Brisbane. I took my husband with me.... I told the lady I think I am in love with epic woman and she proceeded to tell me that I have fallen in love with one of the best perfumes in the world.
She also told me each bottles perfume takes years to make and is 33% real oils. So, not only is it beautiful but it's also pure and not full of chemicals.

My husband and I spent over an hour on a journey to our senses and she introduced me to other perfumes ... oriental and beautiful, yet as far as skin chemistry goes. Nothing hit the mark for me as much as Epic. It makes me feel amazing just wearing it, sexy, womanly and unique.
Even my husband, who never would ever spend that much on a 'smell' was converted - although it was a Creed that he fell in love with. For myself, he loved the Epic woman too and is purchasing my bottle this week :)

I am 100% converted to the world of niche fragrance and I simple adore Epic woman. It is definitely for a woman who likes her woody, orientals... A woman who knows herself and is confident to go out and wear something different. But be prepared for people to ask you what you are wearing and it's up to you if you want to tell them :)

emily7
emily7

Nothing Epic, at least about my 2014 batch.

Top notes are great as I remember from the old formula, but 20 minutes later - no sillage, no longevity, nothing really except maybe a faint trail of what it used to be once upon a time...
Such a tragedy, really. This used to be such a spectacular perfume, breathtaking. Back then I couldn't afford it, now it's not worth getting.
I'm heartbroken.
Then again, it's really grotesque to think about how Amouage percieves EPIC - 20 min max.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

I suppose it sounds more PC to call it Epic Woman than Oriental Woman. This fragrance is a beauitful green Oriental oud fragrance. Lots of oud. The kind of oud I like. It smells like the kind of scents I've been wearing lately in winter time like Rose Taif, Persian Rose Mystic Oud, etc. This is a smoky rose. The incense and rose combination is very well done. It opens with spices of caraway pepper and cinnamon. The jasmine and tea are in the heart along with the rose note. Floral enough to be a woman's perfume but these are not sweet florals. They're spiced up and on fire with incense and olibanum, warm and perfumy in the Oriental sense. Smells luxurious and super expensive especially when it dries down to that agar wood which dominates the scent. There is a light touch of vanilla but it's mostly woods that you wear for days. I love it and wished they had also added a musk note or leather. But this is more on the feminine side as it is the equivalent to Epic Man. This smells wonderful elegant and seductive. Very aromatic and amorous. I can only wear this in cold weather but also to get someone hot for me.

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

the cumin and incense keeps it from smelling like a straight up, chick scent. All I have to say is, I will buying this in the near future, and this is also one of the VERY best from the House of Amouage. It will take your breath away...

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

My new signature scent. It smells so deep and mysterious on my skin, all notes are well-balanced. TIMELESS & DIVINE!!!

momo363
momo363

رایحه ی ابتدایی تند و خاصی داره و فوق العاده ادویه ای و پر حرارته ولی در نتهای میانی تبدیل به یک بوی دوست داشتنی و پودری میشه که تا انتها باقی میمونه
من این عطر رو خیلی میپسندم و جز اون دسته از کارهاییست که حتما باید در آینده نزدیک تهیه اش کنم

gelo999
gelo999

Epic Woman is one of my favorite Amouage, it feels like all a very soothing, warm and almost minty eucalyptus similar to Oriental rich but drier, semi-linear, always near the border with the medicinal but never surpass.

Spices are responsible for providing a very hot point although note tea and rich and opulent woods are the trendsetters of the odor of Epic: Oud, guaiac, sandalwood and patchouli mark the thickness of the fragrance that joined the smoky note of an excellent incense modulates assembled a rich aroma background and pink.

Drying, fantastic, leaves you wanting more, is topped with amber, vanilla and musk and acts as a catalyst that purifies all this amalgam becoming this all in perfect unison and Oriental aroma.

Epic perfectly embodies that sense of luxury and sophistication of perfumes in the Middle East without prearranged sex.

Rating: 8

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

arabian woman
واقعا سخت گیری و دقت زیاد میخواد که سلیقه ای خاص و نا اشنا رو به مقبولیت و محبوبیت جهانی رساند
شرکت امواج نیز مانند سایر اعراب پایبندی خود را به سنت ها و ایین ها و فرهنگ اثبات و دنبال نموده و مرد و زن عرب را به شکلی گیرا و زیبا در عطرهای خود متبلور ساخته است . و هیچگاه به زیبایی و عشوه گری و لطافت غرب خود را نباخته و به خوبی و بدون گرایش غرب ، زن عرب را در عطرهای خود جای داده است
از عطر لطیف و نرمی مثل هونور درگذریم امواج در عطرهای زنانه خود کوشیده قوت و استحکام و مردانگی زن عرب را در عطرای زنانه خود بخصوص اپیک نشان دهد . امواج از سنت خود پا پس نگذاشته و با نت هایی سنگین و تاریکه عود و زیره و بخور و رز عطری زنانه ساخته است .نت هایی که در غرب صرفا در عطرهای مردانه تاریک و ضخیم کاربرد دارد .
و واقعا هنر میخواهد با چنین ترکیباتی به صورت غالب عطرای زنانه بیرون داد .
زیره در راس کار قرار دارد ولی این غالبیت به زیبایی با عود و رز و بخور چفت شده و همه نتها به خوبی استشمام میشوند . گرمی خوشایندی از دارچین و ادویه ها و روایح چوب های معطر در عطر موج میزند .
احسنت به این ساخت و چینش
ماندگاری و پخش خیلی خوب
عطر خاص و خوشبو , و با کیفیت بالا
5/ 5

نکته : بویی شبیه کوکا کولا توش احساس میشه ولی این بخاطر ترکیب درهم حل شده رز و زیره است
This is the Arab woman in the bottle amouage epic
Beautiful warm smell, dancing rose and Caraway . in background of fresh spices and woody .For the construction smell Arabian woman
Very fragrant
great spices fragrance

mylancome
mylancome

Interlude is woody spicey, while Epic is woody aldehyde, that Chanel no. 5 aldehyde. Epic's dominance notes is still cumin, the aldehyde comes next.

Interlude is the strong version, like perfume wore by nasty boss or superior, it's nasty and strong, you can smell from meters away. While Epic is softer, office friendly. It's rather a unisex perfume.

archivist
archivist

First, I have to say that I can absolutely see where all the pickle references are coming from. It's not vinegary (none of that) and it's not sour (none of that), I don't think anyone means "kosher deli dill spear" but it's not totally unlike a sweet gherkin in the spice profile - cinnamon, clove, allspice, etc. If you only apply one spray, the caraway is so thin that it does have a dillish/picklish vibe to it for sure. Layer three, and the dillish/picklish tang goes away. No pickle. It all depends on how much you use - or at least how much I use, on my skin, personally.

For me, this is a really aromatic rose/oud/incense, and I like the caraway in place of the usual saffron in that four-legged genre. The incense is less acrid than I found it to be in Rose Mystique, the balsamic notes are less astringently intense than I found them to be in Ambre Velours, fresher than Rose Nacre du Desert, none of the animalics from Portrait of a Lady, and none of the weird mentholated high notes in the Montale rose ouds. I'm not a big rose person, but I do have two that are keepers - Sa Majeste la Rose (very opaque Moroccan rose absolute, dark red velvet) and Rose Anonyme by Atelier Cologne (a more transparent, light, bright, but unconventional rose). I think this one will be my rose oud (at last), when none of the others really appealed to me. And there are so, so many. I really appreciate the caraway earthiness and the silver frankincense and the tea leaf - all of them make the rose-oud whole in a way that I haven't experienced it in other blends.

Conventional wisdom is that Amouages are one-spritzers. And I do have the magnetic cap bottle, which I understand to be a lighter refo of the original (I find this very wearable and quite light after the first 20 minutes, once it has settled in). If you get pickle, let it dry and then give it another spritz or two. You may feel somewhat gassed out for a few minutes, but surviving a rocky take-off is part of the price you pay for a perfume that has longevity - everything has to take a seat and settle in, and it's chaos for those first few minutes. It takes three spritzes on top of each other for me to lose the pickle. And it doesn't come back.

swade
swade

I do like Epic for women. It's a nice woody scent that's quite pleasant. However, along with the Epic sample, I received an Amouage Interlude sample. Compared to Interlude, Epic is a bland forgettable wallflower. Interlude has it going on with a smoky sharp incense note to it that projects much better and is much more memorable. Given a choice between the two, I would definitely go for the Interlude over Epic. Interlude pops while Epic is merely nice.

milkyway
milkyway

Gorgeous. I swear I can smell some boozy notes reminiscent of amaretto here (impossible of course, considering its origin:). It's wonderfully composed of oily, rich olibanum and amber and sweet dry woods against a lush green and flower background. I especially like the salty scent that peeks through discretely balancing out all the sweetness.

Green tea adds wonderful freshness to an otherwise heavy palette. I think that it is the heavy presence of this note that makes epic such an unusual fragrance.

So so good. Totally worth the price if you are willing to splash out.

EDIT: It layers BRILLIANTLY with Chanel 19.

FINMAC
FINMAC

After exhaustively researching all of the Amouage perfumes on this site, I decided to treat myself to an early Xmas present and bought a 12 x 2ml sampler set of the women's range. Mmmmm, I think I made a good call as I find my self lovingly caressing the box of precious vials every time I pass it and deeply inhaling the top of the box to experience an olfactory diorama of all Amouage has to offer......OK, back on topic and to EPIC...When I was reading the reviews I prayed that this particular scent would smell damn good on me (excuse atrocious grammar) as it had all my favourite notes....and...thanks be to God....... it does!!!!! Right from the get go too, no weird or mad Vicks vapour rub notes.. a blast of rose and caraway (loved my Mam's caraway seed cake as a kid) right from the beginning, drying down to a very sexy almost boozy amber/vanilla. This, along with LYRIC is my Xmas perfume, can't wait to wear it out on the town (up to now have only worn it in my PJs while catching up on The Affair, The Good Wife and the Knick so can't comment on its sillage but it has 12h+ intoxicating longevity) LOVE !!!!!!

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

This is definitely a high class scent.
The base notes are all detectable and intertwined and delicious. especially the woman's variant..Very interesting...I love it!

شاهکار زنانه اینه و سانشاین

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this *is* epic- it brings to mind a woman in a blood red dress walking on a sand dune- like something out of an (epic) historical film. right away i get roses, spices and earthy-woody notes, then it gets more musky as time wears on and i sense the tea in this along with the incense. epic has many layers.- it's complex. it changes from moment to moment as more of the notes bloom on the skin. in basic terms it's a spicy rose incense, which is a scent combination that i personally love.

people mention the caraway-dill pickle element but i am not getting it. i am not super familiar with caraway, but perhaps my skin chemistry likes it. this does not smell anything but deep, beautiful and warm. the woods and incense in this are absolutely gorgeous. i'd have to say this is an instant love for me and it just gets increasingly beautiful as time goes on. i know i sound gushy, but this is just wonderful.

perfumeworshipper
perfumeworshipper

Does it really cost 205 british pounds per bottle??? The world has gone crazy...

hnyc
hnyc

About five years ago I was sitting in my neighborhood cocktail bar in the lower east side of Manhattan when this girl sat next to me wearing the most unbelievable perfume. I had to know what it was so I could have it for myself! When I asked her, I could tell she didn't want to tell me. She simply said, "it's in a green bottle". Grrrr I hate competitive women! So I kept bothering her and finally she told me "it's called epic". I became obsessed with finding it and I located it and bought it immediately. This is where the sad story of skin chemistry comes into play. On me it's all caraway all the way down for hours. a note that was barely noticeable on another woman is literally all you can smell on me. Sigh. But I have to thank Epic because it is the perfume that started me on my fragrance journey. It was the way epic smelled on that girl that led me to explore other fragrances and has made my life far more delicious.

olorami
olorami

This is an exquisite Amouage perfume. Describing it in brief: Epic Woman is a very oriental rose perfume. It is a smokey, woody, and a spicy rose that reminds me of Perles de Lalique when it dries down and has great longevity when wearing it.

Epic Woman is a perfume with an accurate title, as it is made for a woman like that. If my description was not enough an I had to describe it with a song, it would be Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami.

This Desert Rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this........

muzzbait

deep, dense and distinct.

look, personally i don't like it. however i can appreciate the artistry and skill required to create this scent. for me, it sits alongside fate women for unstomachable. but that's just me.

i hate coffee (the drink), but i can appreciate the 'art' behind it. you don't need to like something to appreciate it, and this is one such occasion.

this a thick, spicy, green and rust-meets-steel kinda accord. i don't like it, but i can see what the perfumer is trying to achieve. maaan...it's harsh, but if you can pull it off, then go for it. it lasts forever, too...

myra83

i purchase my 4th bottle today... a bit dispointed waterydown smell exactly same but longevity too poor for wellknown epic women... this is version 2015 with magnetic cap. i plan to change to extraict de perfume now amouage out new extraict de parfume 100ml just add cost more 35 usd from extraict 50ml price.. more worthy.. guys please let me know here if you experianced with epic extraict de perfume from your opinion

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A lightly spicy opening, fading into a deep rose with whiffs of occasional citrus. Strangely, reminds me of Aedes de Venusta Oeillet Bengal....

naomi.scott
naomi.scott

The opening is deep and lovely, rosy, spicy and I enjoyed it. But the heart and base was all bitter geranium on my skin, which I associate with mosquito repellant - almost exactly the same as the way FM Portrait of a Lady turned on my skin. Not for me sadly.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

What an incredible scent and unisex!
A environment spicy, everything here is in harmony, rose on focus and around, caraway with bitter and sweet touch but predominantly sweet as appears the merged cinnamon, smoky tone by incense, patchouli with its tree-lined velvet touch, and what determines this sweet creamy texture, the intriguing amber.
A wonderful example, hard match with the male version.

garamascara
garamascara

Epic Woman smells a whole helluva a lot like Gres Cabaret and costs like 300 times as much.

AveParfum
AveParfum

After testing Epic many times over the past couple of years, and after writing at least two previous reviews because of some uncertain confusion, I can now say with certainty that I know what the confusion is. Epic was reformulated. It all makes sense now as to why my sample from years ago smelled a lot like Flowerbomb--very strong with lots of vanilla and synthetics (if you look at Amouage's website, Epic is their only perfume listed under their own "Aldehydes" category, and they specifically mention that aldehydes are synthetics). Fast forward a couple of years and the perfume now smells like woody vanilla blended with dill pickles. The creamy vanilla and woods are so wonderful, and the dill note does calm down with time to smell faintly of toasted caraway seeds; just not quite enough. I know for absolute certainty that I never smelled any dill pickle note in my first (large) sample of Epic--and it was a sample directly from Amouage. The old version smelled too synthetic to me, so either way, new or old, Epic does not work for me.

peppermoon
peppermoon

I tested this against Histoires de Parfums "1876", which is very similar. Notes in common - rose, caraway, cinnamon, musk, sandalwood. They are both soft clouds of warmly spiced rose, musk and incense. They both have quality ingredients and smell very natural. I found the Amouage to be a fresher, more watery rose scent. The Histoires was warmer and more complex on my skin, and it has a lovely juicy litchi note. If given a choice between the two, I'd go for the Histoires version.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

Unfortunately this is hideous on me. Caraway for days, pepper on top and a little bit of rose. I was hoping it would turn out better on me!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Epic for me is Roses, Incense smoke, and pickles. lol Caraway has always had a dill pickle like smell to me. yes I know, unfortunate but apparently if I smell enough caraway in a perfume, its what I end up with.

If I didn't smell like pickles half the day with it on, I would have seriously considered it, because the other notes are really fantastic.

A definite try before buying fragrance.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I was met with a sense of familiarity upon trying this honey. There's a bit of a raspberry sodastream note to it that I really love, yet smoke, rose and spice.

A woman moves along a dusty, dimly lit street. Many colourful bangles chanting at her wrists. Whispers of metal in the the blazing sun gold necklace clasping her throat. She makes music where she walks. Long, flowing, feminine and unusual, breath taking, vibrantly coloured, silks and linen and patterns, moving with easy grace. The insides of her wrists and the nape of her throat smell of Epic Woman. Intimate, womanly, organic, unforgettable, amazing, warm, luscious, beautiful, haunting.

Epic..

jae
jae

This was my gateway into the women's collection of Amouage. My goodness! I couldn't have picked a better one to start with. I was so curious after being blown away by Epic Man that I eventually couldn't help myself. I normally don't like a lot of cumin in my perfume. But in Epic Woman, it is so well-blended into the composition that I can't help but to love it.

It lasts forever by itself. So just imagine how epic the sillage and longevity is when combined with the body lotion. I've only worn this twice. But both times were marked by anyone around me getting closer and closer. The scent trail is more magnetic than the caps on the flacons. As much as I can appreciate this on a woman, it's absolutely at home on my skin and I feel like a sophisticated savage when I wear it.

I'd go as far as to state that both Epic Man and Epic Woman can be worn comfortably by both genders. So I feel sorry for the guy who isn't comfortable with wearing Epic Woman.

muzzbait

this one has a buttery-acidic sharpness to it that makes it 'love it or hate it'. there's some woodiness in this too, which, for most of the time, is quite mute but also sometimes feels too strong. whilst this is billed as a woman's scent, i feel i would comfortably wear it if it suited me more. as a result, it's just too *something* for mine, but amazing nonetheless...

Shimmersmom
Shimmersmom

I recently recieved three Amouage samples; Memoir, Honour and Epic. Epic is my least appreciated of the three. I feel it has almost a pine smell on me. It starts out very burn your nostrils sharp on my wrists although I admit it dries down to a very smooth fragrance, but I'm still getting pine. Maybe it's yhe incense I'm smelling? I'm afraid this will not make it into my wardrobe. So far I'm leaning towards Memoir.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@Woodlandwalk & Christianne: my ex GF had this as her signature scent and your reviews are absolutely OUTSTANDING!!!

Nosy_Thoughts
Nosy_Thoughts

Beautiful serene interplay between full-bloomed sweet florals and milder spices. Light sour Oud accents the flowers, adding more gravity and collectiveness. Frankincense is brought up rather exceptionally and is very nostalgic - to my nose. A sensual and opulent Arabian Flower Bomb!

nanomira
nanomira

It is rough, even aggressive. Way too woody and spicy to my taste. Somehow it reminds me of Memoire but unlike Memoire, this one is masculine. I suspect that caraway and all sort of wood make it smell so manly. I got a sample, but it went directly to the trash.

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

Classified for a WOMAN, Worn by ME..a MAN, all MAN!! And I get the LadeEez when I wear this. From my gurl, to the others.......Tryna tell you. Forget all of the long drawn out chittachat. Homeboys...GET IT, and OVERSPRAY IT, you will turn heads all day. Was my scent of the day, and I have 105 niche bottles.....gonna wear it again tomorrow in the 90 degree HEAT!! AND I like it MUCH more the the CLOVEY Portrait Of A Lady...which boast similar notes.

RaJuR real deep kool on YouTube!!

christianne1
christianne1

Wow...talk about an appropriately named fragrance. With a name like "Epic" I just expected to be let down. What fragrance could live up to a name like that? Well, this one can...and does.

Epic is....epic. It is monumental. It is truly phenomenal. For me, the combination of pink pepper, rose, tea, sandalwood and vanilla is like opium to my brain. Oh, the vanilla in this is to die for. I am a big fan of Perles de Lalique and this is like the perfected, dream version of Perles. The quality is incredible and Epic is so perfectly blended and balanced that it sort of makes my heart stop. Epic lasts ALL day long on me. From early morning until I go to bed. Phenomenal staying power.

Then comes the bottle...it looks like something that would belong to a king or queen. But what else would be suitable for something so magnificent inside?

Epic is larger than life and very appropriately named. Even though it is "epic", it is still very wearable somehow as long as you stick to one spray and don't over do.

Epic is so magnificent that I actually feel sad for people who don't "get" it...because I feel like they are missing out on something truly special.

Daivuce
Daivuce

Oh my.. I apologise, don't mean any offence to those who like this, but seriously??? So many raving reviews for a smell of spice in a cupboard. The most prominent here is caraway with a bit of incense, cinamon and oud, then a hint of vanila joins in. If I wanted to smell like I spent all day drinking caraway tea and cooking exotic foods, maybe I'd wear it... The flowers are none existant on my skin, killed by the foody notes. Seriously disappointing fragrance comparing to other Amouage creations. Lyric from the same house, on another hand, is worth wearing, buying and talking about. It has a character. This however just makes me think of a middle east housewife after a long day. Someone might call it epic...

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Epic Woman has the most superior dry down of any perfume. It is so nice. The silage and longevity is superior.
Opens with smooth high quality smokey dark frankincense, rose and spicy tea w/ floral undertones. longevity and silage a good 10 plus hours

The Heart note of Epic Woman grows into a beguiling balance of clean superior rose, dark tea with flicks of cinnamon and a ever so unsurpassed quality of top grade incense
Some perfumes are wow in opening but the beauty is just a couple minutes like a firework. .
Just beautiful.. Lots of compliments. Its not sexy it is more of a beautiful, exotic classy scent.
A mysterious perfume this is defiantly the scent opulent Not an endogenous perfume. This is very appropriate for man or woman.
I ABSOLUTLY LOVE EPIC WOMAN BIG TIME

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

A breathtakingly beautiful scent. I reviewed this a month ago, but as always a little time is needed to fully acquaint myself with a new perfume.

When I heard the name 'Epic Woman', I suppose I imagined Amouage's idea of an epic female to be a pampered lady dripping with diamonds and fur, reclining in the back of her chauffeur-driven car! But no, in this case their concept of Epic refers to a woman of legend - a woman who's as much a a poet, warrior, artist and traveller as a beautiful princess.You'd just have to experience this perfume to know what I mean!

It has everything, as though on its travels it's picked up every beautiful impression then woven it into the most evocative, exotic and perfectly blended incense ever.

The drydown at first reminded me of the sweet ash left after burning high quality incense, and I had to wear this a few evenings to notice its other more subtle facets. I found myself looking for the source of a certain milky/creamy, sweet incense quality that was drifting around my nose and realised it was Epic. I think it's due to the exquisite floral blend and high quality vanilla.

I've tried most of the Amouage perfumes from a tester set and admired them all but was really only drawn to Epic from the start. There's no doubt all are great quality but for me some are too classic or too heavy.

Epic starts with a rich incense/rose/oud, slightly medicinal and with an intensity that initially reminds me of Portrait of a Lady. But into its heart it becomes far softer and more, well, lady-like than PoaL. I love PoaL's ferocity which, as many men know, makes it a good masculine for some. But Epic plants itself slightly more on the feminine side. (having said that, on a male friend it retained its medicinal facets into the drydown, whereas it became softer on my skin)

Epic is probably the most balanced perfume I've ever tried, and in my opinion worth every penny.I'd forgo a new pair of boots for this, actually I did!

Longevity: excellent, sillage - perfect (wafts as you pass but only detectable within a couple of feet)

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

It smells familiar. Perhaps a bit like Poeme? Heavy and spicy. Headache inducing. For evening not day. Not sure I will use it much.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Despite all these "warm" notes listed, this is a cold fragrance. I mean spicy-fresh-toothpaste-cold!

It is spicy and powdery rose, paired with caraway and frankincense. There is lots of tea here as well, more tea than I can normally tolerate, and then there is a high-pitch vanilla here and on top of guaiac wood I thought this just too much... but I like it. It's like you mix unmixable ingredients and receive a suprisingly edible dish. It smells almost clean, which I did not expect, but never boring.

This could be Lyric's sister, with all this rose and oud going on, but while I find Lyric's theme earthy, warm, mysterious and almost inviting, "Epic" conveys an entirely different mood to me - icy powdery arrogance. Still, very beautiful.

louanna
louanna

Maybe it's just one of those days when everything smells better than the other days, but I love this perfume. At first I was not sure, but I kept on sniffing it, and realized that it reminds me of Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain. It must be caraway, and I love caraway. Anyway, it's very interesting, I think maybe another day when I smell it, it will not appeal so much to me, but today's the day for me to love Epic. So, there! :)

Nickie
Nickie

I was in a rush when I first tried Epic. If I hadn't I probably would have washed it off before leaving the house. As it was, I found myself apologising to the person sitting next to me on the train for the pungent medicinal notes wafting from my wrists despite best efforts to hide them in my coat sleeves.

I decided to make an effort and stuck with it for the day. Longevity was impressive: circa 10 hours. Silage was too big to be polite and, at times, I rather wished I had washed it off.

I've read references to camphor and I have to agree. I can't spot individual notes in Epic but the impression I get is of Vick's Vapor Rub - but posh. It's mighty and pungent. I even used restraint and scaled down from my usual 3 spritzes to just the one and a bit.

Epic may be hell in a gorgeous bottle to me, but I can see the appeal it could have in, say, the winter: chesty coughs would be a thing of the past with this! :-S

evesoho
evesoho

There is an extremely beautiful vanilla in this fragrance, right from the opening, and a lovely spicy, deep and herbal rose. The second Amouage I've tried (after Jubilation), Epic is my first oud - I've never tried a perfume with oud before! It's interesting that there is something familiar about it, but I can't say how.

I thought Jubilation had an epically musky drydown, and now I think Epic is an oud jubilee! I'm grateful that my first oud was from Amouage, and not, say, from Juliette Has A Gun or even Tom Ford, because I feel confident that this Middle Eastern house knows exactly what to do with oud.

Am I brave enough to wear this in public? It's medicinal, I guess, to my untrained nose, but that's comforting. I think I may just save it for my own private use. The medicinal note bordered on distracting, although I didn't dislike it. My boyfriend didn't complain about anything specific, he said, "I can smell you everywhere." That was an hour after application.

After I sprayed Epic onto my inner forearm, I lightly brushed my hair across the perfume. It smelled much better on my skin than in my hair. When I put on a light sweater a few minutes later the scent transferred to the material, and again, much better on skin.

Update: I'm wearing it out in public. I love this. I truly do. It will be sad when my mini is empty (I can't afford a bottle).

bunny.temper
bunny.temper

I was at the Scent Bar, for a long time, sampling. The kind gentleman gave me a sample of Epic. As soon as I smelled Epic, I felt, fantasized, overpowered by the whole history of China and the silk road (including imagining myself riding next to Genghis Khan). After getting lost in this Epic induced reverie, my nose caught a strong whiff of cumin, pepper, cinnamon and orris. A very spicy opening. Then tempered by other notes: oud, amber and some patchouli started to come through. I didn't catch the rose or jasmine as much. I will see how it lasts and dies down on my skin. I'm sure it will grab a different kind of male's attention. Curious.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

I like this a lot. It's spicy, smooth and is redolent of incense and patchouli, both of which I love. Sadly a bit too much rose keeps me from loving it. Like all the amouages I've tried it has incredible projection, lasts forever and is beautifully blended. Unlike the stunning Memoir, which I feel uncomfortable wearing anywhere that isn't a nightclub, this could be a daily wear perfume for a confident person.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

Epic is a very delicate perfume, compared to the huge sillage monsters like Ubar for example.
She starts out very spicy, green, milky and sweet. Cumin is what I sense the most, a bit salty and sweaty. I don't mind this, it gives life to the perfume, but it's not my favorite stage.
After the initial cumin burst, the scent starts to settle on the skin and the florals come up, along with a very beautiful tea note.
I've been wondering what I smelled the first time I tested her, and now I've read the notes, it falls into place: I smell a sweetened spicy cinnamon tea with cream. Along with some rose and other florals, because they are also very prominent in Epic.
During the day, a very delicate incense wafts along every now and then, giving the perfume a smoky and mysterious vibe.
In the end, the woods give a smooth base to the florals and soft spices, very close to the skin and this is my favorite part.
The strangest tea fragrance I've ever tried, incomparable but so lovely! Even though it's different, It's also wearable for everyday, very unlikely for an Amouage.
I'd love to purchase a bottle some day!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

The spiciest of the female Amouages I've tried. The first blast can be off-putting if you aren't determined to hang around and wait. However being a huge fan of CDG, I'm actually loving the spiced up roses Epic is full of. Sillage is enormous even for Amouage and longevity is amazing. I love Amouage for never disappointing me when it comes to mega powerhouse perfumes and Epic is a befitting name for this gorgeous scent. If you are looking for pretty or fragile scents this really isn't it. The initial spiciness does calm down as it dries but it stays bold all the way. As bold as a slash of bright scarlet lipstick.

angel6
angel6

This is a puzzle for me because I find this perfume do not deserve the price tag, I tried today and the basenotes are ok but nothing outstanding. It's not for me.In the same shoping I also tried Chanel'Coco, and love it.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

Spicy with notes of caraway and cinnamon. I don't see ginger listed but I could detect a whiff of it. This is indeed an Oriental fragrancenand the name Epic is very fitting. It conjures up visions of the Silk Road, lady riding on a camel. This fragrance has a lot of character and is not for regular day wear.

Sandra2
Sandra2

Finally mine! Maybe i don't have an arm and an leg anymore, but i have that fabulous fragrance! It seduced me from the first sniff from a tester bottle. Till than i would never know that i would become such an admiror of the caraway note. Now i search for another one to see if i would love it like this one. Anyone?

Scent lover
Scent lover

I fail to understand why this perfume lasts on me maximum 2 hours. Very disappointed with longetivity and pleased with the scent but.. 300 USD for 2 hours. I feel like I made a mistake. Huge one.

alalistra
alalistra

This is my first Amouage spray and number 1 for me now. A perfection in a bottle. I love the way it plays hide and seek- one moment you feel rose, another-insense, turn of your head- burst of spicy patchouli. Wonderful!
Plus- longevity and beautiful sillage!

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Very sweet "emerald" scent. Good color for the bottle because it smells like a green Jolly Rancher candy.

I also agree with the comment " A nicely scented fragrance soap" as other reviewers have mentioned.

Not really impressed with this.

Whit
Whit

I got a sample of this from LuckyScent and judging from the notes, I thought I would like it. Nope! I get this weird dill pickle note on my skin and it drives me crazy. If it weren't for that, it would be quite lovely. Even though this one didn't work with my skin, I can't argue with the sillage and longevity; all day wear and a sillage bomb. I can see why it's called "Epic"; it has a very big presence surrounding it. Definitely get a sample of this one and try before you buy.

Axum
Axum

Epic is fabulous, even by Amouage's high standards. It's the kind of perfume that reminds you of why you love perfume.

If Lawrence of Arabia had worn scent (I'm sure Prince Faisal did - some dark, devastating aoud), he might have chosen this. Wearing Epic makes me feel taller, stronger, and more adventurous. It goes well with woollens and boots on a crisp winter day. It is grand and refined, but not delicate. I adore it.

ciskela
ciskela

Layer this one with Homage and you will be asked what you wearing on regular basis.I promise.Never failed.
A friend of mine told me once he could walk behind me for the rest of his life just to be able to smell this perfection.LOL

Baldric
Baldric

What an appropriate name for this fragrance. It is epic, big, bold, loud, powerful, long reaching, everlasting. The rose blends with the oud well and tempers it, the overall effect is quite dry to me. Really beautiful. I wish I could wear it but every time I try it makes my eyes burn. Incense frags can do that to me. So glad I got to sample this a few times though.

my2spritz
my2spritz

For the price you would think Amouage would have used a better vanilla, but I can distinctly pick out synthetic vanillin. It is a smooth composition though, I'd love it if the vanilla was of better quality.

myra83

A veru relaxing creamy rose sence its so long lasting for 2days on my skin love it very valueble perfumes ever!!!

Eos
Eos

A piney, citrusy frankincense opening followed by a woody-spicy heart and a mentholated rose drydown. Interesting, but not enough to justify the price tag IMO. Sillage and longevity are incredible though.

Gashtasb
Gashtasb

Is it just me or does this fragrance really smells like Jaguar for Men?

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I got my sample today through lucky scent. I was expecting a lot because of the price tag and good reviews. Wow, I wasn't disappointed. This perfume sings a song to you, it tells you a timeless story. It's spices linger and haunt you, captivates you. It's incense, spicy, musky, woody, resinous, patchouli, very middle eastern and exotic smelling, but in a dynamic, sensual and sophisticated way that lasts and lasts.

jujy54
jujy54

Save your money and get Queen by Queen Latifah. Epic is less sweet with that bit of caraway, but that's about it. This is cinnamon latte gourmand, been done many times before at far fewer shekels.

onesexygrammy
onesexygrammy

I bought a sample from Lucky Scents and I'm glad it wasn't anything larger! It slaps me with rose and caraway from the very opening. After a couple of hours, the amber and tea come through. It's lovely but stays very close to the skin. I have been wearing it for hours now and every time I move my arm, the scent sneaks past my nose. It's not the lovely drydown, but that disturbing top note!!! Kinda reminds me of those little solid deodorizers my mom used to hang on the toilet bowl when we were kids... Some of us have been around long enough to remember those, LOL. Bleecch! Maybe my daughter's skin can do it more justice.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Epic in every way possible!!! Epic Woman is everything fabulous, sensual and achingly beautiful. Pure luxury and refinement in a bottle. Even though she is refined she is still openly sexy. Think of a castle with treasure chests overflowing with gold, crystal chandeliers and belly dancers stepping on top of rose petals on a floor made of gold. This fragrance is grand, gorgeous and the silage is OUTSTANDING! It's a woody, warm spicy and sensual number. On my skin the cinnamon is the most noticeable but it blends so well with all of the notes that u really can't tell them apart. They are completely infused into one. This is one of my top 3 favorite perfumes. The price tag is monstrous and even though I feel it is a bit much I have no problem paying for quality. It also helps that I'm not a hoarder of scents. Instead of having hundreds of scents that add up, I'd rather invest in a few scents that love. GLORIOUS ON GLORIOUS!!!

UPDATE: Still a rich, beautiful scent however after a few more trial runs w/ this I've discovered it's not for me. The spices are a little too harsh for my nose. Fortunately for my bank account I have a sister who loves fragrances as much as I do. She took it off my hands for not much less than what I paid for it. WHEW!!!! LOL I wore it twice before I committed to a full bottle and thought that was enough. I was wrong. From now on I will DEFINITELY make sure a scent agrees w/ me before I buy it. I see long trial runs in my future from now on...

cryptic
cryptic

When I first became seriously interested in fragrances, I avoided Amouage for years because I thought you had to be a lunatic to spend the equivalent of a car payment on a bottle of perfume when there were so many nice things available at an affordable price. When I finally broke down and tried Epic Woman, I can only compare it to the experience of seeing the ocean for the first time as a kid: grand and glorious and so much better than I expected it to be.

Epic is so well-crafted that no single note is dominant. Instead, the different components weave in and out, emerging and receding as the scent unfolds like a Scheherazade story or a piece of Baroque music. Epic has it all: a beautiful opening fraught with opulent spices, a soft, glowing floral heart, and some of the most compelling base notes around. The oud, for instance, is so perfect in Epic, it's what I always hoped oud would smell like and it never did until I tried Epic -- not like gasoline, not medicinal, just deeply woody and slightly sweet.

The only down side to Epic (besides the price) is that after wearing it, some of my other favorite frags seem a bit wan and anemic by comparison...oh well. Great sillage and longevity, as you would expect for the price.

Francouzka
Francouzka

Epic Woman is one of the best perfume I had ever worn. I love it very much. Epic Woman is the symbol of AMOUAGE for me. It has lovely sillage, also people around me like Epic Woman - both the women and the men.
After finishing a 100 ml bottle I do my best to buy a new one even the price is quite high. I love Epic Woman very much and I can not imagine not to wear it.

maria-clara
maria-clara

This is one of my favourate Amouage perfumes. I think it's totally different from my other oriental perfumes. It's fresh, but not light, it's rich like other Amouage perfumes. Somehow it's "different", no typical female smell. If I have it on, I like to put my wrist to my nose several times a day, to sniff it in. It makes me feel good, calm, clean, satisfied. Lasts long.

michali
michali

My husband loves it.
He sees a rich woman in a fur coat. It projects money he says.
Money that comes in the family through generations.
So, class and sensuality..
Now he makes me feel like getting my self a decant at list.

I have tried it in the heat of the summer and did not like it
but now, in winter its wonderful. It seems like the colder it gets the better is the perfume.

BEAUTIFUL

Marilie
Marilie

This is the only perfume that I get jealous about when somebody else wears it.

Epic Woman is a perfect, creamy blend of roses, incense, cinnamon and oriental spices. I think Epic Woman really IS oriental and very precious along with it.
When I wear Epic Woman I feel noble and special as well (which is why I normally save it for special occsions). But I found out that the scent's got a soothing effect, too. I love to apply it before I go to bed - believe me, I sleep like a baby when I wear it.

If you think these two impressions are contrary to each other, let me explain: Epic Woman is full and rich but not loud (that would be Lyric Woman), it is precious (+ expensive...) but emphasizes the wearer's character. It is not a scent that showcases itself but is like made for the person who wears it. At least that is what I feel.

I admit the price is rather daunting but two sprays are enough for the whole day. So I don't know for how long a 50ml bottle will last out but it must be years!

spookyjan
spookyjan

This is a class perfume one of my favourite to go out on a winters night,lovely for our winters here in the uk especially at christmas.I always receive comments when i wear this beauty.Makes me feel classy.It lingers on al my clothes scarves etc.Really lovely.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I hadn't really bothered with this one before but as I'm having a painful day and wanted to cheer myself up I thought I'll put on some Amouage and grabbed for Epic Woman and I am so glad I did - I feel cheered immediately! Pure class, pure legend, pure elegance!

I am now enveloped in a warm, spicy, rosey, patchouli cashmere comfort blanket. I'm getting the pepper, the warmth of the cinnamon, the gentle rose and I especially love the patchouli as it is soft and gentle to my nose. This is a well crafted perfume - more so because it contains Jasmine and this usually turns soapy or uric on my skin and screams so loud that it drowns out everything else for me - but not here it just gently keeps it's seat along with everyone else!

Beautifully blended from high quality ingredients with a fantastic silage (leaves an amazing trail behind you mum - said my son) and great longevity .... which I 'do' expect at such a price!

Superb for early spring, autumn and winter but I would love to smell this on a hot day as I am sure the notes will be playing differently - I thought this may not be one for summer but lest I forget this perfume was made in Muscat and sold in Muscat - so I wait with trepidation to try this out in summer, knowing a dry desert is a far cry from humid London!

From the pamphlets handed out at the HQ in Oman this is the description of Epic Woman and although slightly OTT when I read it I realised that it does identify with the perfume............

............“This spicy oriental fragrance is inspired by the eternal legends of the ancient Silk Road from China to Arabia. In the mystical twilight with the desert wind blowing against her veil she follows the guiding light in search of the long lost aria. Beyond truth and immortality a Legend is born.”

An humongous spicy oriental that shares quite a few similarities with both Chanel's Egoiste and Bois Des Iles. Cinnamon and some sweet (almost candied) citrus on top joined by floral patterns and laying on an extremely solid ambery/vannilla base. Oud pairs off with rose but they are masterfully blended with the rest to never become overwhelming or even particularly detectable. Frankincense lurks in the back together with a subtle iris note remarking their presence and adding detailed refinements to this wonderful smelling nebula.

Overall, Epic Woman, is rich and opulent, bold and intense but at the same time very wearable. It strikes you like an embracing concoction where all the elements are perfectly blended together to create a smell that could be described as a velvet sphere. An unique solid body that's absolutely perfect in its smooth roundness.

It does great also on a man.

lara0905
lara0905

After a big odyssey I got my samples set from Luckyscent.The first sample I tried is Epic Woman.

The opening is very refreshing lightly spiced pink pepper with some sandalwood. At the moment I'd like to say this is an oriental woody fragrance, if I have to choose blindly between Rochas Absolu and Amouage Epic, maybe I cannot find the difference in the first moment:) . But after a few minutes Epic settles down to a creamy, earthy, warm , rich, elegant smell. Very smooth, no edges.I have Rochas Absolu in my collection, I really like to use it on cold winter days but it's just too much in the summer.Rochas Absolu more edgy than Amouages Epic.
I think this perfume perfecly works as a wintertime frag and could works on hot summer nights too. Very expensive smell,very well blended scent. Absolutely georgeous!

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

This is a winner for me---a strong contender for my evolving top 3 or signature fragrances list. I can detect every note mentioned in the description, with the exception of the geranium, but they are seamlessly interwoven. Goes on bright and fresh, but with hits of spice, unmistakably oriental, then dries down rich and opulent. Patchouli is there, but not dominant; on me, if the notes didn't state it was there, I might have doubted it. Mostly it contributes to the rondure of the oud and amber. The bright notes linger within the dry-down, but in a muted fashion as they are folded into the honeyed whole. Just enough presence to keep it interesting, lending complexity to this sensual fragrance...Like wrapping your skin in velvet scented with all good things. It shines with a little warmth, especially, whether the warmth of the sun or the kind that comes from within. This was my first sample from Amouage, and I look forward to trying my other samples from them. My only wish is that it had a bit more projection---anything this delicious merits a little sharing---but it's common for my skin to 'eat" scent, so others may have more luck in that area.

shoreshells
shoreshells

It is a very long lasting fragrance!
I took a shower and it was still quite noticable on my skin.
It's a very fresh, very green rose. After about 2 hours it became a very fresh green rose with other notes I can't identify.
I tried the Amouage Lyric and found that fragrance to be more refined, more "well rounded".
Epic, was an epic with many years, twists and turns around the rose garden.

Markx
Markx

I bought this perfume blindly and I just love it from the stunning imperial green bottle to the liquid inside, quality ingredients and masterful execution equal Epic and indeed it is. The only downside is the price and it is just very expensive but if I finished my bottle I will definitely buy another one.

I have tried Lyric Woman and Ubar and find that Epic is way better because it doesn't smell strange or old, it is cool and relaxing scent, I can't imagine my life without this perfume Epic Woman.

malia
malia

Never smelled something like this ever before! I love this perfume about an hour after spraying... It's mysterious and absolutely unique.

Elizabeth Marie
Elizabeth Marie

Wow, this is definitely an adult fragrance for a woman not a girl! I'm not crazy about the top notes, for me, the pepper really comes through. But the middle and base notes are absolutely gorgeous. I'm not sure what it is exactly I'm smelling but I want to spray it on my linens and clothes and smell it forever! Take me on a magic carpet ride Amouage!
Breathtakingly gorgeous!
On second sampling, I am enjoying the peppery opening. Very spicy, yet oh so wonderful. This perfume is divine.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

EPIC WOMAN is stunning, sophisticated, smooth and beautiful oriental. What impressed me the most about this perfume is how smooth and well it blended with my skin. I love oriental scents but most of them have strong, overpowering and overbearing character that is suitable only for special occasions. This one has all the character and vibrancy of the gorgeous oriental spicy floral but it does not overshadow me. When I wear it, it becomes an extension of who I am and it wears effortless while smells gorgeous.

It starts with a smooth wave of spices. Caraway, pink pepper, cumin and cinnamon are masterfully weaved with honey like sweetness. The rose in the heart notes is extremely smooth and divine. Patchouli does not contrast the rose but wraps around it like a smooth veil adding a bit of darkness. I have to say that patchouli is well-behaved and harmonious in this fragrance. It is not overshadowing other components but adding this deep and a bit dark earthy character. The base notes are gorgeous wood notes with a bit of vanilla. I cannot comment on oud in this fragrance as I have not tried many fragrances with oud yet but woods smell special and beautiful in this one.

EPIC WOMAN is like a beautiful Arabian night filled with dreams, heavenly scent of roses and warm breeze. It is like a gentle touch and kiss, so sensual and tender, the moment when you look into your lovers eyes and know that this love will last forever. This is definitely a sensual perfume but in a very deep and emotional rather than sexual way.

I know it is expensive but I will have to get a bottle one day. This one works miracles with my skin. The sillage and longevity are fantastic. I think it is worth every penny but I would definitely recommend sampling before buying as skin chemistry and personal preferences are different.
Octavian Coifan has an amazing review on his blog for this one. I highly recommend reading it.

nada
nada

finally. If there were no more perfumes created in this world i could stick to this one, i think:) Amazing - ajeeb!

Returning to the house of Amouage, I am delighted to be able to affirm that EPIC WOMAN really is an oriental perfume—and a nice one at that! This composition boasts a big dose of patchouli, for better or for worse. For this nose, it’s definitely for the better, serving as it does to impart the thick richness I look for in and have come even to expect from oriental perfumes. The patchouli here is chewy and clean, not dark and skanky at all, but let the wearer beware: this is essentially a patchouli perfume. The other oriental notes, including pepper, cumin, frankincense, and cinnamon, are all very light complements to the focal note: patchouli. The florals, too, serve to accent the patchouli, not the other way around.

On my skin, EPIC WOMAN does not comprise chapters but is a relatively linear composition. I like it a lot and would welcome with open wrists a gift of this perfume from a benefactor—whether anonymous or not! I recommend EPIC WOMAN to all and only patchouli lovers whose perfume budget permits such a fragrance, as they say, “rich in splendor and sophistication…made for the most special luxurious occasion.” As for everyone else, the cost is so prohibitive that you might consider investing your hard-earned cash in the purchase of ten recent patchouli perfumes scent unsniffed. There’s certainly no dearth, and you’re bound to find a couple that work…

Sissi
Sissi

Well this is my second in the amouage series it's Epic Woman this one is more sweeter and more of a dominance of vanilla
and amber then the previous reviewed Lyric Woman with it's dry smoky and woodish nuances.
The opening has a nice menthol beginning
consisting of dark Oud and peppery Caraway dries quickly to a dry and grounded Cinnamon and the distant wisp
of pink pepper. the middle tones is more powdery with rose with it's velvety texture with tea with jasmine petals conjures tea gatherings in the Sheik's
dessert fort in a unnamed middle eastern
country where is dark and with diaphanous tent surrounding you and a ornate rug on the floor sit cross legged
drinking his tea.

I liked the drydown though it's not as scent catching like Lyric woman but still impressive the amber dominates the drydown making the other basenotes to dilute a bit the incense in Epic woman is not a strong like in Lyric but it's a nice wisp of it' patchouli for my senses is hard to detect if it's with Other notes but make a quiet interlude
and with the earthiness of orris makes it an grounded ending.

Although not as intoxicating for the senses like Lyric Woman but it's nice
in more of a sweet and Modest Sister
to Lyric,

zsazsa
zsazsa

I liked the exotic combination of agarwood, incense, patchouli, and cinnamon. I was not familiar with these notes, so when I tested it at the store I was very much impressed and went ahead and bought it. Now I am dissapointed thought because when I wear it I detect no flowers whatsover. And I am a big floral/oriental fan. On me Epic is all about the base notes, no flowers. I need some flowers in the juice! On me Epic is like a masculine fragrance. With this in mind I have asked my beau to try it on him, so maybe I can still enjoy Epic, but on him...

Update: I have tried to let this grow on me. I am getting used to it now, although all I get is woods and spices, with a strong pink pepper, patchouli, agarwood accord. Very unique and long-lasting though.

adele l
adele l

Whoa this is exotic and I can tell it's a high quality fragrance.. that said it smells more of spice than flowers-can't detect any. It is very interesting but not up my alley at all.

guest_attarlover
guest_attarlover

'Epic' has, to me, the strongest oudh content of any of the scents that I have bought so far (other than actual oudh oil). I find it both fascinating and addictive - maybe not a typical female fragrance but a lovely alternative to it's more floral housemates and with the same quality ingredients and construction that separate Amouge offerings from so much that is currently marketed as fragrance.

bxkern2
bxkern2

I wear Amouage Lyric Woman daily and just love its classy sophistication. In general, I'm very impressed by all the perfumes I've smelled from this line.

But Epic?

Barf-a-roni! I get an initial tea and spices burst, which I love, and then it INSTANTLY putrifies on my skin -- it seriously smells like a dumpster full of overripe, decaying durian fruit just sittin' there all sloppy and fallin' apart in the too-hot summer sun. Totally oppressive and rancid...pass!

sofiii
sofiii

Epic Woman is more like an oriental to me. It has a fresh sweet stat(in a mature and dark way incomparison with the commercial pop fresh sweet). I guess the freshness is from the pink pepper and cinnamon gives off sensual sweetness.

After the start, Epic Woman goes really oriental. I can rarely detect any jasmine, but only a trace of rose. I can smell something really woodsy and dry with some kind of herbal and spicy touch.

The dry down is like woods plus spiced-up vanilla. It has something sensual and comforting with nostalgic value in it.

Apply with a light hand.:-) a little bit can last a long time. Even though it may not have the projection like some of the commercial perfumes. Epic Woman is like a tamed hawk of yours, instead of a loud squaky parrot. If you like woodsy oriental with a tiny hint of floral, it's surely a good one to try on.

jubiju2
jubiju2

I adore its spicy oriental fragrance.No doubt its one of the best in my collection .Not only the bottle itself is gorgeous but the perfume itself last so long on you .Its perfect for the intimate nights.Its surely a class .