Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women

Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women
dislike

I have it: 556 I had it: 125 I want it: 661 My signature: 11

Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women Pictures Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women Pictures Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women Pictures Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women Pictures Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women Pictures Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage for women Pictures

Amouage Lyric Woman offers petals of eternal rose bloom in red nuances. The song introduced by this fragrance starts with bergamot game with spices – ginger, cinnamon and saffron in the top. The rose awaits us in the heart, just like in the version for men. It is joined by angelica and floral support of jasmine, ylang-ylang, geranium and iris root. The base notes introduce oak moss, sensual musk, woody accords, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, Tonka bean and incense. The perfume is available in the amount of 50 and 100 ml from 2008.

Bergamot Cardamom Cinnamon Ginger

Rose Angelica Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Geranium Orris Root

Oakmoss Musk Woodsy Notes Patchouli Vetiver Sandalwood Tonka Bean Incense Vanilla

Lady Pointe
Mohur

Amouage Lyric Woman Fragrance Reviews

tiababy
tiababy

This is so close to being a huge love for me but something about it smells kind of cheap and like men's cologne. I kept changing my mind about it and bought a full bottle but ultimately decided that it's not for me, will probably swap/sell now.

Mizjames
Mizjames

If you like foofy things, this one is for you. I can smell why this is compared to Chanel Coromandel. They both conjure a Miyazaki character come to flesh; all angled facial lines wrapped in an obscenely foofy white fur coat. She stomp-floats past you and as she turns her head, a blast of sweet wood and unctuous rose escapes and envelops your head like a magnificent floral octopus with dryer lint for suction cups.

Mohd93
Mohd93

This is the scent that Belle wore when she danced with the Beast in her yellow dress.. and probably during her entire stay at the castle.

This a beautiful but contradictory scent. On the one hand, it's a lovely romantic Rose, very delicate. But on the other hand, it's dark and has slight gothic vibe to it. The background is very woody with a beautiful sandalwood, and the spices are quite mellow, not in your face kind of spices. But that Rose is smoky and romantic at the same time, it's dominating the scent.

PS-I have this on one of my hand while I'm writing this. I can't get enough of it. As well as other Amouage fragrances I tried today.

Truffles_L
Truffles_L

"Spicy heaven perfume" opens boldly with a very well done strong rose, cardamom and maybe cinnamon blending together. Then it turns darker. The middle was still rose with patchouli and other scents blending together. The mid notes were my favorite part. This stage last through maybe 5 hours of wear. The basenotes are incense mixed with other things. The drydown is not faint, perhaps a mid-range sillage. I want to wear Lyric Woman again tomorrow. It does not smell like Penhaligon's Halafeti, but it reminds me of it in spirit. It is bold and interesting.

Goneja
Goneja

Lyric smells like a very luxurious incense stick, in the best way possible. Spices, sandalwood, cinnamon, and a dark rose combine together to for, a rich aroma that wafts around you all day and nearly identically recreates the experience of actual incense. Despite its realistic representation of the real deal, it still comes together to form a classy and luxurious perfume. Lyric is a cold weather perfume without a doubt, it leaves such a warm, regal trail in cool air. Amouage has seriously nailed the rose-centric perfume. This and Epic are both stunning, but Epic is like Lyric's drier, lighter, warm weather loving sister. Lyric is the dark, jammy, smokey rose wrapped in velvet.

NZFH
NZFH

I agree with the reviewer below - this is a "jammy, syrupy rose" - very different from the fresh, clean, green rose of Lyric Man. I can see a lot of women preferring the Lyric Man rose; and definitely a few men preferring the Lyric Woman one!

So the Lyrics could be viewed as a duo of unisex fragrances, one's ultimate choice dependent on personal preferences.

Lyric Woman opens with a rich, dark, red bombastic rose, with a pile of other notes as well. The rose brings to mind old rose petals infused with a rich berry liqueur. I also imagine I can detect a lot of other notes going on, that are not in the official note pyramid - labdanum, leather, amber, coconut?! Or am I going crazy? Maybe it's a bit like the "coffee" in Interlude Woman - a sort of olfactory illusion created by other accords.

Anyway, the most peculiar thing about Lyric Woman (at last on my male skin) is that after an hour there is no detectable rose at all - for the next few hours this becomes a (fairy linear but pleasant) vanilla-coconut-sandalwood fragrance. I prefer the drydown to the opening (which is a bit too full-on for me).

Only in the very late dry-down does a tinge of rose come back into the equation. In this respect there is a huge thematic similarity to Lyric Man: rose is strong in the opening, then disappears completely, and reappears much later on in the development of the fragrance.

Karmalathe
Karmalathe

I´m not a fan of rose scents and the rose in Lyric is the worst kind for me: a jammy, syrupy rose, much like the one in Lutens´ Fille de Berlin.
A must for rose lovers, a no-no for me. (Although I think it´s the first perfume that made me appreciate cinnamon as a note.)
Definitely an Epic girl here. Sorry, Lyric!

zephyr1973
zephyr1973

If I was not such a lazy individual as well as forgetful, I may have written off this scent as too old fashioned for me. The opening is a distinct reminder of 1980's home decor using potpourri as a bombastic icon of glamour and hopeless home scent experimentation. I know this because I was raised in the South by a proper Southern woman. I'm pretty sure one of our cats regularly attempted to eat some of that gloriously weird composition and yacked it up all over the carpet. But I digress.

So, the opening was not attractive at all. Cinnamon and overdone red roses with a candied feel...too syrupy and too much. This was going nowhere fast, and I was so disappointed! I had gone from making a space on my beloved antique silver serving platter for the bottle, to swiftly placing it back into the box from which it came, and stowing it safely within the confines of my dark, cool closeted shelves. You know the ones...those boxes can get sorta piled high, can't they?

I gingerly kept my left hand away from my nose throughout the rest of the day and evening. It was not until around 10:30 pm that I chose to give my nose another chance at this scent I had wanted for so long...and to my surprise, I had a most gorgeous scent on my left hand! It is all at once a sandalwood, with deep and resinous tones, lifted with Vetiver and vanilla, as well as arcs of dark rose flowing in and out. There is more here, but I cannot explain what I am smelling - perhaps incense in the base? faint, but something reminds me of some of our Holy Eucharist services.

I'm going to give this a proper wearing later this week, as I want to understand this scent fully before deciding whether I can get past the opening. If it lasts more than an hour, that will be tough. Hopefully, it will be less! The dry down really is quite nice!

***************************************************************
Update:
This is a keeper! I have no idea why I was so unimpressed with the opening upon the first wearing, but I really enjoyed it the second wearing. Truly a beautiful scent!

****************************************************************
Welcome back to the wardrobe, old friend. I shall never be without you again. We were parted so I could pay for some CEU's to renew my professional license, but now that I have you back, I'll never let you go.

(This is my review in its entirety as I altered it from my initial to my most recent experience)

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

Based on what several other reviewers reported, I must have tested the reformulated version.

It opens with a blast of sensational woods and spices, with a slightly skanky edge. Soon it develops into a smooth woody rose. It feels like a silk scarf, which I enjoy very much. The dry down is soapy. I did not expect it thin and soapy in the end.

onaona
onaona

Way back when, Lyric was the first Amouage to catch my attention. I admit it, the name lured me in. I thought they must be on to something great. If they (the House of Amouage) could see the kinship between music and perfumery, notes, composition, development...surely they must be capable of beauty.

I wasn't wrong.

BUT Lyric is not a easy melody for me. Maybe it was once. It's not tempered or the ethereal Air on the G String, as I had hoped.
I find it heavy. Strong. Deep. Masculine. It's filled with bass, and a bit of sass. Cinnamon sass to be exact. It can be too heady, too warm, too LOUD, just too damn big for me. It's interesting, despite not being avant-garde. It feels like A LOT of the common. Too much of a good thing? Well, too much of a good thing can indeed make for a challenge.

The challenge is in the weight of the cardamon. It's in the pervasive, insistent incense and cinnamon combination. It's challenging to wear because it never, ever fades.

Lyric is beautiful, OF COURSE, but it seems a melody my senses and I are best able to appreciated from a distance.

missingpuzzle
missingpuzzle

I am a huge Amouage lover and honestly admire how well-blended their perfumes are, with no bitterness or sharpness so common for niche fragrances. Memoir, Jubilation, Interlude are my standard for wearable incense.

Well, this one is a disaster. First spray on a blotter - wait, it reminds me something.. Second on my skin - I know, it's Dzing! Dzing is a premature baby and Lyric is a spoiled brat but both come from the same family - rough, animalic, salty. After two hours of wearing it turns into a more delicate version of Crystal Noir, wearable and musky, yet it still doesn't have that Amouage vibe - noble and solemn like an evening in a palace.

Of course, this thing is still better than many perfumes but it's so unbalanced and sour and... spicy. Not spicy like an Arabian souq but spicy like a bottle of pickles pretending it's a rose jam.

NeroliAmber
NeroliAmber

softly spicy . . . warm . . . comforting . . . like a soft, thick blanket knit of the finest cashmere

I applied one spray from my sample in the morning and spent the entire day enjoying how amazing I smelled :-)

Came home in the evening and immediately purchased a full bottle. The BIG bottle. It's that good.

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

I just dabbed on a bit of Lyric Woman, which I received from a generous Fragrantican―the first sniff of any Amouage I've ever smelled.
I see the comparisons to Agent Provocateur Signature ("This perfume reminds me of..."), but, due to the heavy incense, I see more similarities between Lyric and L'agent. Does anyone else think that this smells a bit like both scents?
I really, really like this. But for the price, I think I could achieve a similar effect with 4 or 5 parts L'agent and 1 part Agent Provocateur (both of which I already own).

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I think I have formulation. This opens slightly spicy and a little bit like POAL, but not nearly as strong or intense. It also reminds me a bit of SL La Fille de Berlin, but just a bit and is because of the spicy opening which I quite like. While this Amouage has traces and echoes of those perfumes, it dries down to a powder for several hours, and then re-emerges as a dark slightly sweet rose. I like it, but I don't love it, and, I'm not delighted with its overall performance. Some of my favorite Amouage scents are strong, long, and complex. This remained a skin scent most of its life with poorer longevity than other Amouages. It's a rose with a difference, so try before you buy.

Edit: After reading all about the spice, the cardomom and the cinnamon, I can't say I pick up the cinnamon--maybe cardomom. I get a strong black tea note, every so slightly menthylated up close, a bit of anise, along with a floralcy, more on the rose-powder side. with the ylang, the vanilla and Tonka smoothing it out. I find this now a more soothing scent, more relaxed, comforting and easy to wear every day, maybe for a romantic night out, but not seduction in high heels. I have three 5 ml samples from three sources (STC, PP, and the company itself). After these are gone, I'm now thinking I MIGHT get a FB. It is not in the vein of interlude of J25, but it's a nice "reach for today" fragrance.

Brigante21
Brigante21

I managed to score a 50ml bottle of the non-magnetic cap, pre-reformulated version on eBay. It's eyes roll in the back of the head swoon inducingly beautiful, so thick and creamy - like draping yourself in a heavy silk brocade cloak of luxury. 2 sprays is more than enough of this oily magical elixir.

It is an entirely different beast to the thin, scratchy imitation that's on the shelves now, how Amouage can claim they have not changed the formulation I do not know - the difference in quality is obvious to even the most untrained nose.

I need to find more, (pre-reform) Lyric is signature scent worthy and I can never now be without it.

Orient74
Orient74

It is pure drama, addictive, transcendent, noble. Something from beyond the tangible world. Prayer.

My second review of Lyric:

I don't think one should be wearing this in hot or even just warm weather. I had my attempts, but it's just way too much, in hot weather nothing blends, it seems like a mess of spices.

In cold weather everything changes, it's like it's a different perfume. It blooms, it turns into a velvet rose. I mean really cold, under freezing point anyway.

Much like Maroussia. :)

globus pallidus
globus pallidus

Huge cardamom, even overshadowing cinnamon, on top of the instantly evident sandalwood. Later, a number of other spicy woods unfurl and some incense, too. To me, barely any rose at all. Rich (as in substantial, no pun on the cost intended), textured, hefty enough to pass easily as a suave men's cologne. The comparisons to Malle's Portrait of a Lady are very true and the reason why I will probably pass on it. I'm no rose warrior, I'm more of a rose pansy.

Betandi
Betandi

FANTASTIC! I've got my Ubar and my Lyric two days ago. When I first tried them at home on a piece of paper and on a piece of satin they did not work properly. Both had a kind of dusty old house kind of smell. I felt to wast a lot of money. BUT ON SKIN!

A different world. Today we have a dump, rainy day here. I'm wearing Lyric. When I sprayed on for the first few minutes I haven't feel anything. It was just like having nothing on. Maybe a small sandalwood and ginger but that's it. Like a shower.
After like 5-10 minutes the scent developed into a real miracle. Is is timeless and ageless. This perfume can serve you for decades.

Very creamy, balsamic deep rose with a lot of musk and the most comforting cinnamon ever. The jasmine is there to make it less heavy and wearable over the daytime as well but no sweetness at all. This scent is not from the trendy over sweet fruit-tsouly line. The cardamom and the ginger makes it to be tricky. This is not a rose from your aunt's garden. It is earty, animalic scent which in the same time floral with some oriental hints. Sometimes I can even feel mint but that is must be just the cardamom on my dry skin.

Very elegant and sophisticated perfume for the ladies who are able to make the earth move. Yes, this perfume smells money as it was previously written. But I would go further: this perfume smells "old money". This perfume made me to understand what is so great with AMOUAGE.

Madrona
Madrona

Fantastic rose incense. I was hoping this one would be somewhat similar to Hugo Boss Intense, and it both is and isn't. Mostly isn't. When I smell Intense I imagine a woman in a razorsharp black tailored pantsuit with hair slicked back into a ponytail, when I smell this I imagine Morena Baccarin with a rose in her hair dancing flamenco in a red, flowy dress. Amouage Lyric Woman is an amazing perfume, but it is too romantic for me. It says "I wear my heart on my sleeve and I am proudly ruled by my emotions, for better or worse". Interesting how a perfume can conjure so much imagery.

msafro
msafro

It's raining non stop with unusually cold weather for this time of the year...Lyric is so right for this day - warm and spicy, conforting and sensual...Love it! Very long lasting, enchanting, addictive!

McYvan
McYvan

I do dislike rose, but i LOVE the Lyric! Rose note usually if not always turns sour on my body(or to my nose), as I hate sour notes, I generally do not care about rose-themed fragrances. I tried the whole line of Amouage and bought almost every item of them, and Lyric is definitely a top 3 from this brand in my opinion. What a surprise, I can totally appreciate a rose perfume finally. It's no awful sourness, just divine sweet powder without old lady-like. While Luca Turin describing it as "dark floral", personally I did not detect anything dark. It's incredibly gorgeous as a velvet haute couture dress and I feel utterly happy everytime I wear it.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

A smoky dark rose of exquisite beauty. This fragrance is for you if you like scents like Portrait of A Lady by Frederic Malle. This starts off spicy with cinnamon and ginger/cardamom and then turns into a smoky rose with lots of incense. There is also plenty of woods and patchouli. Dark, mysterious, unisex, and nocturnal. I love how it smells when people walk around with it and the scent hits the air. A warm and spicy fragrance for winter time. It's too bad spring is coming next Sunday. I love wearing this when it's cold because it is so smoky and warm like wrapping myself up with pillars of smoke in the most beautiful way possible.

mrs.hart
mrs.hart

*****
gorgeous spicy and very very unusual rose. it's almost fruity and has a stale smell to it (think a closed bedroom, or maybe not-so-bad morning breath) which is bizarrely attractive and irresistible. i've never smelled anything like it and i love it. the incense and spice and sandalwood combination is there and the whole thing is clearly oriental, but somehow there's a synergy that makes this scent more than the sum of its parts. a unique whole. and it projects and lasts into the next day. the bottle is fantastic too - all amouage bottles are works of art.

mylancome

As choosing my first Amouage perfume, I thought of getting something French, like Beloved, Dia or Ubar. But they all don't love me. Epic is too masculine and formal to me.

Turns to floral oriental, Lyric. It's a little heavy for daily wear, I just watch while I spray. Woody incense basenotes act stable on my skin, no nasty sour smell. I get the wooden box set. Lacquer wooden box embed with mother-of-pearl butterflies.

ciot
ciot

What can i say more to a fragrance, where is written so mush about it....
i only can add my experience from what i feel with it, how it is comforting me on the moment. in summer it was great, but heavy on the side for me, but now,

winter is here, its freezing, the wind is very chill, chill factor of -11 degrees, early morning i spray some puffs in my neck and on my back,
all day long i feel comforted by a scent from warm smooth dark rose, sandalwood, feeling hugged, feeling pleasant hold by the wafts i received all day long, it works all the time from morning till afternoon till evening,
my chemistry is dong pretty wel with this scent in cold weather, i find it a top scent, what is like a cashmere sweater, even the price tag is a big high, i would buy again when my bottle is empty,
great staying powder
great scent
spicy, soft, warm, cozy, woody, sweet, wafting around,,
i highly recommend it to anyone who like dark warm exotic rose.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Warm spicy..woody!
It really smells awesome
it's a nice mixture with rose floral and woody musks..
Lyric is a beautiful scent fragrance.It opens up very good,lovely.. you feel warm wave notes and sandalwood..best Oriental Rose..
It is a good perfume for fall and winter.
It is a feminine perfume.
The projection is good.
The longevity is well.

Strange_Alchemy
Strange_Alchemy

I got a sample of Lyric and Fate for women. I tried Fate first, and was so chastised I was afraid to try Lyric for a while, afraid the incense monster would beat me over the head and leave me wheezing and senseless yet again.

What a mistake!

This was...well...there is no better word - it smelled of *money* on me. It's me in rustling crimson silk, my neck glittering with diamonds. It's an exquisitely mixed floral in which the incense notes aren't screaming ignorantly trying to steal the attention. Every note - the rose, the orris, and the spicy base are stunning at every stage of drydown.

I've found my signature night-time perfume.

nero77
nero77

A masterfully composed... beautifully made fragrance.

Now, first of all, this is a perfume with a spectacular composition. If we listed all the notes here, you would think that it would be too much. A spicy rose, with cardamom, incense, vanilla, cinnamon, tonka bean & sandalwood. I can't detect all the other notes but I know that they are present. There is also a burst of bergamot and something light. However what is incredible about this composition, is that it remains light. It remains sheer, not heavy, too cloying, or overwhelming.

I think Amouage Lyric Woman is a truly beautiful fragrance. Often we get tired of the note of Rose in many perfumes, but again this house has managed to surprise me. A rose with a host of other players, perfectly blended in with them. The rose is not dominant, but it "accentuates" the other notes, and lets them shine individually. I admire this fragrance very much.

Even though it is marketed as female, I enjoy wearing it, and actually find it extremely unisex. It's a dark, intriguing fragrance, it's very "grown up" and sophisticated to my nose. It would wear equally well on a man or on a woman. It's expensive, so get a sample or decant first. I think you'll be surprised by how well blended this one is. Very good.

Snicole82
Snicole82

I thinks this scent is just okay. I'm not a fan of roses and this is heavy on the roses. Also, I find this to be very powdery. It has good longevity and good sillage. But I don't like the scent enough to justify the price.

mymlan
mymlan

A beautiful sandalwood, rose, incense fragrance. There is something in the take-off that disturbs me a little. A sour smoky note, but after that it developes more deep and sweet. After some time it becomes more woody and dusty. From this genre, I do prefer vintage Samsara edp though.

LeonieB
LeonieB

Very pleasant rosed-up take on Penhaligon's Artemisia, with a sprinkle of diluted Mitsouko kicking in later down the line.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

what a romantic scent! this starts off with rose, some other florals and something mildly gourmand which i cannot place. soon after it warms up with woods and spices. i get some musk added to the mix and the incense becomes much more apparent. it seems to be getting spicier too. all in all it's a spicy, woody rose scent. the rose in this becomes kind of like vintage makeup scented/lipstick scented too, which i always find interesting.

kittybrmow
kittybrmow

I bought a sample of this and it smells a lot like Samsara, but better to me, and strongly of sandalwood on me. I have found my signature smell.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I'm a relative newcomer to Amouage and so far, am not blown away by anything I've experienced although Lyric is one of the more pleasing ones. I'm not getting the rose, but ylang-ylang, sandalwood and musk are more evident. The patch is only noticeable in the drydown. To me, the huge retail prices don't reflect the actual fragrances. Nice enough, but I'm non-plussed.

Rerik
Rerik

I had a bottle of this. The rose is dominant with some kind of bitter-sweet undertone. The whole composition smells dated. Like 60-80s perfumes. I can only imagine a mature women 60+ wearing this. Sorry.

ReneesAnatomy
ReneesAnatomy

I wanted to love this so, so much, because I absolutely adore Fate Woman. But it was not meant to be.

Lyric Woman is definitely strong, with impressive longevity and sillage. But the smell never works for me. On the initial blast, it smells like Silly Putty: plastic, pungent, weird. After a few minutes, it starts to smell extremely powdery. Orris root, incense, and a very powdery, old-fashioned rose are all prominent at this point, and they don't seem as well-blended as in other Amouage fragrances. As time progresses, the smell gets slightly less sweet and more spicy, but it maintains that weird baby powder smell over top.

People who love especially powdery scents may enjoy this, but I was left unimpressed.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

A beautiful and effortless fragrance which opens with a sharp burst of refreshing bergamot and leads one to thinking that this perfume is going to be light and fresh. Wrong! This morphs into a sweet, spicy, heady, thick perfume which gets more lovely as it warms up on the body. This is a very spicy, rich and heady fragrance which needs but the lightest of sprays. I think I shall save my precious sample for winter where I think it will flourish in the coolness of the days.
This is my first introduction to any Amouage fragrance and I have to say that the house of Amouage lives up to its expectations.
The complexity of notes and the quality and uniqueness of the composition makes me realise that sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Very very beautiful scent with a strong projection and excellent, endless longevity!

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

This is my first encounter with Amouage and I was anticipating something heavy, but Lyric is much lighter than what I expected. In the first spray I got rose and bergamot, but soon they were joined by cardamom, cinnamon, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and musk. During the dry down orris root and patchouli emerged bringing an earthiness to this beautiful composition. Even though Lyric isn't loud and dramatic I'm really liking its warmth, depth and richness.

jtd

Rose is a flower in the same way that sandalwood is a wood, and vanilla is a spice. Each is so definitive of its category, that it supersedes the classification. With this star quality rose tends to be difficult to hide. The only reason this predicament isn't a problem is that nobody wants to hide the rose.

But if you are a perfumer, there is another nagging problem with the rose: the Beauty Dilemma. The scent of rose is beautiful. So what? What do you do with it? After the the soliflor, the rose chypre, the bouquet, the amber-rose, the rose-oud, the thorny rose--what do you do? Lyric Woman finds a new role for rose and it's not just the same schtick with a different costume and a new score. Rose isn't the star. In Lyric, rose is the narrator.

Lyric has an awful lot packed into it, yet it doesn't come off as overburdened. The Rose serves to temper the experience from the fireworks of bergamot in the topnotes through the spicy heart to the resinous-rose finale. The rose mediates the huge cast of other notes, and the perfume feels lighter than you would expect. No less potent, just not so demanding. The basenotes are a pleasant surprise. The rose-frankincense pairing apparent from the very start of the perfume remains to the end, but there's a savory, nutty quality as well that suggests sandalwood or saffron. Exciting ride, soft landing.

From a land of a multi-millennial tradition of rose-incense pairings come this little twist. We've seen all the ingredients before, but it's a new recipe.

from scenthurdle.com

stacia79
stacia79

Another incense rose, but this time the incense tucks itself behind a curtain of sandalwood, cardamom, cinnamon and ylang ylang. This reminds me very much of my beloved Samsara, but rose has replaced the jasmine of Samsara. It has the same mellow spicy, lullabye feel. It's dramatic at the same time as it's sensual. I hesitate to recommend it to anyone because it's becoming another one of those "shhhhh! mine. all mine." type of perfumes.

dfirefly
dfirefly

Like walking through a middle eastern spice market, then mellows after a few hours with the floral notes. A smart, mysterious fragrance with good staying power.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Lyric was my first purchase from Amouage. Upon the first few minutes of contact with its exquisite cloud of oriental incense, my thoughts went something like: Must own now. Must buy now.

There is a heavy hand of cardamom in the top notes, which dries down into a tantalizing melange of spices including a mellow and woody cinnamon, like the freshly grated bark. Lyric has a musky base with creamy, unsweetened vanilla beans. The florals are not prominent. They are there, but there is far more incense, woods, and spice than rose or jasmine. I would wear this in Morocco.

Lyric is a perfume fit for a queen. The blood-red bottle is eye candy and gives a sense of power. The scent profile is enormous. Its hits the olfactory nerve and seems to completely engulf the nasal passages and frontal lobe of the brain. The structure of the perfume is complex and nuanced, leaving an aura that is hard to describe other than spellbinding, ultra feminine, unique, and a little mysterious. To describe Lyric as art or a masterpiece would be a serious understatement. Lyric is best described as divine perfection.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

I have tried the sample of this perfume twice even though I liked it even on first try, as I could not believe that I would ever like a perfume with a strong rose in it ( Chloe being a rare exception). I guess, now Lyric for women is another exception. it is a sophisticated, complex creation, which envelops rose in warm spices, laudanum, and incense. The dry down is almost more beautiful than the opening since the rose gets more "lyrical" and impressionistically hazy. I can see myself wearing it in the evenings but not in the winter. Perhaps in the fall to offset nature's fading with a beautiful rose scent.

While Lyric Man is everything I don't like about rose-centered perfumes, Lyric Woman is most definitely amongst my favorites in this genre. As a matter of fact, it also represents one of the reasons why I can't get as excited about the latest Amouage as I used to be when the house delivered mind-blowing compositions such as this one, Epic Woman, Gold, Ubar and several others in their back catalog.

A heavily spiced (cardamom and cinnamon) rose built around a massive oriental structure. Beautiful floral patterns together with incense and a moderately sweet tonka / sandalwood combo provide even more thickness to an already impotent composition while the whole fragrance is pervaded by an overall sense of decadence and a remarkable gothic vibe. Enveloping, intoxicating and absolutely genderless.

Tremendous.

Rating: 8.5/10

oktober

...a bit of Opium, a bit of Samsara and A LOT of L'arte di Gucci,some accents of Revlon Rouge, all with a biiig load of rose oil added. Reallly good. Strong rose, spicy, interesting... Lyric is the best name.

I'll get a bottle of this "potion" for sure. Great for autumn and winter. Very ellegant though. One can picture Adriana Lecouvreur with this dramatic perfume on.

later edit: as a rose perfume... Nahema is still better. But this takes the second place, worth buying even if you have Nahema, anyway. High class fume.

Eos
Eos

On my skin, Lyric is primarily a cardamom fragrance supported by a watery rose note, spicy ginger, sandalwood and olibanum incense. The base seems to be a spicy creamy musk. These sharply contrasting layers never developed into something that felt like a cohesive composition to my nose and sensibilities. This is certainly not your typical rose fragrance and its DNA is unmistakably Amouage. Projection and longevity are phenomenal.

fuggerone
fuggerone

this really is unisex and much better than the man version, more spicy and balmy and ..one hell of a wallop!
"true force, all the king's men could not pull it back together again!" in the words of Travis Bickle!

lovepie
lovepie

This is 10/10 for me, one of the best rose perfume out there, far from generic and cheap smelling, it is a deep lush rose with story behind it!

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Wow this is good. Sorry to sound so primitive but at first sniff it seems like a really elegant gentlemen's cologne topped with rose. The dry down is a creamy vanilla rose a tad soft for me perhaps.

I keep reading reviews about the extrait being darker. I would love to sample the extrait.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Oh boy, is this ever a rich creamy "I know who I am, and am comfortable in my own skin" fragrance. It could be and very well is unisex. If it works on your chemistry. Wow, I love spicy and warm but this is so special. I have a few favorite houses, and Amouage is one of them. Basically all of their fragrances will be a hit on you, if not at first, don't get rid of it. Try it on another day. One is more lovelier than the next. I think it just depends on your chemistry and the weather of that day. I didn't like Ubar at first, and never really tried all of my mini's. After doing so, I love Gold, Dia probably the best, but all of the ones you can buy at LS in the sample box for ladies are gorgeous. They create masterpieces. Fragrances that used to be around the 60's through early 90's. Nowadays it seems to be all celebrity overload. Mind you I'm not great at picking out notes here and there and describing each unfolding flower or incense, but do try some of these. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: I did end up using my mini for about a week now, and each day I love it more. Yes, it's a oriental. The only negative on me, is my skin sorta eats it up. I am hoping the spray will last longer. This way I will be able to spray on my clothes. Lord knows I don't need another fragrance, but this was just too much of a masterpiece not to own. Can you imagine an oriental working in summer on me?! I can't, but it does, so it's going to be even more wonderful this winter. Although I always do come back to Guerlain and now Tom Ford. What a gorgeous masterpiece. Everyone will love it, and nobody will know what it is. For those of you ladies (and guys) who are asked "what you are wearing", and never tell. Do tell, so that the never stop making this! In love! Yeah baby!

lizardqueen
lizardqueen

I'm now on my third decant of this gem. This voluptuous fragrance features a spiced rose and a gorgeous sandalwood and vanilla. The creamy vanilla base notes lend it a gourmand-like quality, while the spicy cinnamon and cardamon top notes give it a medicinal kick. Operatic and intense in the opening, it gradually settles down into a warm and velvety scent.

jtd

Rose is a flower in the same way that sandalwood is a wood, and vanilla is the spice.  Each is so definitive of its category, that it supersedes the classification. Due to this star quality rose tends to be difficult to hide.  The only reason this predicament isn't a problem is that as a rule, nobody wants to hide the rose.

But if you are a perfumer, there is another nagging problem with the rose: the beauty dilemma. The scent of rose is beautiful. So what?  What do you do with the rose?  After the the soliflor, the rose chypre, the bouquet, the amber-rose, the rose-oud, the thorny rose--what do you do?  Lyric Woman finds a new role for rose. It's not just the rose with a different costume and a new score. Rose isn't the star. In Lyric, rose is the narrator.

Lyric has an awful lot packed into it, yet it doesn't come off as overburdened. The Rose serves to temper the experience from the fireworks of bergamot in the topnotes through the spicy heart, to the resinous-rose finale. The rose mediates the huge cast of other notes, and the perfume feels lighter than you would expect.  No less potent, simply not so demanding.  The basenotes are a pleasant surprise. The rose-frankincense pairing apparent from the very start of the perfume remains to the end, but there's a savory, nutty quality as well that suggests sandalwood or saffron. Exciting ride, soft landing.

From a perfume producer from a land of a multi-millennial tradition of rose-incense pairings come this little twist. We've seen all the ingredients before, but it's a new recipe.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Superb floral opening, thick, dense, powerful, overwhelming, with rich rose notes, so rich they're almost syrupy, oriental and spicy, on a shady and dark woody base. A classic chypre with an exotic-oriental twist, a powdery musky feel and a slight salty note which gives the scent a sensual carnality. Then it slowly blossoms and opens in a breezy, invigorating balsamic vortex on woody notes, always with a heart of tasty rose and a counter-chorus of resinous notes, on a deep base which smells almost like castoreum, also with a pleasant earthy-green fresh accord which gets bolder as minutes pass. At the same time, from the base obscurity it emerges a vanilla-talcum dusty accord which becomes a soft "pillow" for the central sensual accord of rose, spices and woods. With a perfect tiny hint of patchouli which gives just the right amount of heartiness. Words fail a bit; it's a real symphony of notes, there's quite many, in many directions, and with many nuances, all perfectly harmonized with the rose-centered bone structure. A great and sumptuous harmony. Elegant, rich, perfectly-executed, aerial and dimensional, imaginative and evocative, totally addictive, with just the right sillage that accompanies every movement you make, like music in a musical, and the right persistence. The drydown lasts for ages in a cozy, soft, nostalgic silky accord of flowers and delicate, warm vanilla notes. Still a bit overpriced, but a great scent for sure.

8,5/10

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Creamy, rosy, expensive, sandalwood! A wonderful dark beauty. Sillage moderate, longevity moderate. Wish it was stronger and longer, but it smells divine.

amaraztavich

ok, ive had a chance to wear this for some time. And yes it's gorgeous, but it's true, that only lasts like 11/2 to 2 hours then it becomes so light , and I've also noticed that I rarely get compliments with this one, and I'm thinking it has to be because of how week it is, or rather how quickly it looses it's beauty. Really sad, it almost feels dead after the drydown comes.

Sofreshandsoclean
Sofreshandsoclean

We are now in April early spring, the Danish winter is cold and dry, and a perfume from hot countries like this need plus degrees to unfold. So it has been in hibernation and this is my first encounter with it this year.

What a meeting Oh crystal rose of beauty you are truly just one of a kind. There you dance with your clean musc skin in your ballroom with soft sandalwood planks that softly grabs your every step. Dried flowers from century of parties blend with lightning cardamom and a hint of cinnamon and the glass in your hand bubbles ginger juice.

This is a royal perfume, and dances like this are only held in the Summer Palace. Take your finest white dress princess, you're the guest of honor.

Longevity and sillage is amazing. Every wafts is a revelation of only a part of this enigma, it is full of secrets and it will reveal a little bit of its complex composition to you for every wear. And even if you keep your glass shoes on the prince will look for you. I promise.
Quality. LOVE!

candymarie
candymarie

I'm afraid I am in gishgamesh's camp on this one. I get mostly candied flowers and musk, reminding me of multiple mainstream (and much, much more affordable) fragrances. My first thought was of Vanille Orchidee by Van Cleef & Arpel. I will enjoy wearing my sample, but once it's gone I won't pine for more.

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

I acquired Lyric women just barely a week after Lyric for men. Though the 2 feature prominent rose notes, the story is different. While Lyric men is fresh and light almost transparent but strong at the same time. Lyric women is dark and sensuous, more of like a velvet red robe, a theatrical feel. At first whiff, to be honest I wasn't as captivated by lyric women as I was by lyric men. However, the best part is yet to come and is reserved for the patient ones, as time passes by the beauty in Lyric women shines through, and I take back my initial thoughts that I love Lyric men more. Love both of them, though I feel Lyric women deserves the correct mood to be worn properly. Just beautiful.

christianne1
christianne1

Oh my heavens....Lyric leaves me almost speechless. I will be honest, I was prepared for disappointment but I could not have possibly been any more mistaken. There is just something incredibly special about Lyric and you get to the "specialness" pretty quickly which is great for someone as impatient as me. There is not an hour or two wait like some of the other Amouages I have tried. Within 10 minutes you know that you have encountered something truly remarkable. I am not exaggerating, the beauty of this fragrance actually brought tears to my eyes.

The deep rose, tons of sandalwood, Tonka bean, musk, spice and incense combination is is just plain spectacular. Lyric is everything I love all perfectly combined and balanced. This is true artwork. This is a dream fragrance and I feel like I have just won the perfume lottery. Wow...just wow. This is fragrance perfection right here.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Amouage Lyric, what can I say?! Beauty! makes me wordless.. amazed of its unique aura. Colour of the bottle is just right for this scent. Red- passion- love. I just have to get this ***<3<3<3***

Daivuce
Daivuce

I will be very critical of this one. You would expect something more original from the brand like Amouage. It's anything but!
The initial 10-15 minutes this scent is a copy of Kenzo Jungle Elephant, and then slowly turns into Nu by Yves Saint Laurent. I have both of those at the moment and did a comparison of the above with the sample of Lyric. I can still smell it strongly on my wrist after 6 hours, so longevity is great, much better than Nu, however not nearly as strong or attention grabbing as Kenzo. If you are after something spicy and tiny bit sweet, but can't tolerate Kenzo Elephant for a long time, this is a great scent to go for. If you are a fan of a vintage version of Nu (like I am) - this is going to be a very good replacement. I'm glad I've tried it and probably will get a bottle after I run out of my vintages as they getting more expensive and difficult to find.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Amouage Lyric is sensual, deep, and sophisticated. Lyric has an incredible allure with its fresh rose and sweet incense as the cardamom, sandalwood, and cinnamon add warmth and depth to the fragrance. The perfect amount of femininity and seduction. This scent gets compared to Frederic Malle’s Portrait of a Lady quite often and I can smell the similarity, but I think Lyric has far better longevity and sillage – not to mention quality as well. The sandalwood and cinnamon make Lyric the perfect night time rose fragrance! I absolutely love Amouage Lyric!

janella13
janella13

Intriged by the notes, I obtained a sample of this perfume.

Cold, damp day here in the Midwest and wow, this perfume is one spicy joy. I don't get any rose, mostly spice and wood. Nothing like I have in my small collection. For me, a special day wear type of scent.

Love the complexity and long wear. Very nice creation. A small treasure for me.

drouhin
drouhin

I find Lyric to be exquisitely sensitive to temperature. The first time I tried it in the heat, and I found a gorgeous rose that had been unfortunately smothered in incense. The second time I tried it, the weather was freezing cold...and guess what? Lyric had turned into the loveliest, cuddliest, warmest rose I've ever smelled. Lyric has been upgraded to "love"! But for me, it's definitely a fragrance for the winter.

evesoho
evesoho

Do you ever just have one of those days?

When... you woke up twice the night before with cold and fever? Your laptop is too old to upgrade and your email finally quits working? When the clerk at the hydro office tells you to "go ahead" and pay on a debit machine that's two feet away, so you reach for it and get a charly horse on your thigh because lo and behold there's a stupid wooden bar you didn't see sticking out of the counter and it gouges you and tears come and you've suddenly caused a scene? When you miss 3 green lights in a row trying to turn left through the intersection because people going through the other way are driving so slowly? When it's getting dark outside at 3pm? When your fiancee left on a business trip across the country and won't be back for 3 weeks so you slowly decorate your Christmas tree by yourself for the first time in your life?

Lyric is the ONLY really wonderful thing that has happened to me in the past 48 hours. It has the most beautiful opening of any perfume I've ever tried. That alone, to me, is worth the purchase of a bottle - and what. a. gorgeous. bottle. Amouage has some stellar packaging all across the board, but that red? I could cry.

This perfume can be deceiving. It almost feels elusive, as in "not quite" this and "not quite" that. With some perfumes, that lack of definition means boring, but with others it can be enigmatic. Lyric is enigmatic; it could be the touch of green, which doesn't exist in the usual oriental spicy-rose perfumes. It's inviting, but beyond friendly or appropriate... with a bit of a bite. Wearing it, yout might make someone wait for days, months, years in agony for you to pay attention to them. Although it's a seductress it isn't dark. For those who believe that it's similar to Samsara, I wonder if the similarity is on purpose - the bottles are the same shade of dark red!

At the heart there is a great deal of sandalwood and whole spices so real you can almost taste the bitterness of their shells and bark. For day, one spray is all I need to enjoy Lyric, then a few hours later I like to do one more. I don't usually wear my perfumes this way.

I was lucky to receive a free 3 ml manufacturer's sample of Lyric when I purchased a Keiko Mecheri perfume from the Perfume Shoppe. Although my favourite Amouage perfumes are Epic and Gold, that could change the more I sample Lyric.

Maodo
Maodo

Samsara.
But better.
And thats more
than okay
with me

the paperstrip gets better and better by the day
What a sophisticated powdery luxery....

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Rose? Yes its there, but on me its not the very first thing out the box. Also for me, I smell different things during different seasons. On me Lyric just begs for warm weather to pull out that dark spiced rose.

I can't wear it in very cold weather because I get almost no rose and lots of dusty notes, and to be honest, I'd rather have it the other way around.

Longevity and sillage are actually quite good, though if a person put too much on it could be deathly to those around them!

Absolutely a try before buying fragrance.

Lyric is a complicated rose of the highest quality, big red rose petals thrown on your skin for pleasure!
And a lot of notes, too, but so well built that it never become a mess, only a beautiful rose with soft patchouli, nothing dirty and altogether quite gentle as final result. It has an Eastern vibe, but it's very wearable everywhere, elegant, feminine, joyful and longlasting.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

True Damask Rose is the scent. There are several different species of tis 30 petal rose. The true damask rose ,Its not common. NOT to be mistaken for bvlgarian damask or highbred damask.. The soil and cultivation has the outcome of the fragrant oil of the rose. Authentic Damask are edible as well and used as jam and rose water for drinking and skin tonic.

Why does Lyric remind us of vintage. Because most likely vintage had authentic rose as does this beautiful creation.

Just like the variation of scents from orchids not all families smell the same, so is the case with roses. Turkish, bvlgarian and Tiaf rose all smell different. Well the hardest to come by is authentic Damask rose. Lyric woman has Damask rose. Also Crimson.

At first it has a resemblance to the Original Samsara or Samsara Extrait. Not same but a resemblance. As the two are nothing alike. same as two relative who have a glimpse of one another.
But after a few seconds you find Lyric to be a unusual sensuous rose of uniques sorts and creamy authentic sandal wood.every ingrediants has a brilliant role in this composition.

A beautiful sensual creamy rose perfume in its own platform. What a phenomenal fragrance. It is a leading seductress no question superior scent and never is less that perfection. .

Lyric extrait is a oily. so best applied in palm of hand and dabbing or put on before wearing any sensitive garments.

Lyric is not as sexy as memoir but I adore it most.
EDIT: Lyric now is the favorite. Cutting in front of Memoir. LYRIC WOMAN is more wearable and more suitable for any, every and all occasions and seasons.
Lyric is a rose scent no other perfume has captured.
It is timeless beautiful, elegant. It is understated elegance. Powerful and smooth creamy rose,so smooth and seems to be in a category of its own.

its a special beguiling oriental mesmerizing floral, that needs a special category. its graceful and surely attractive.

My original fav was Memoir woman and extrait are the night owl and lyric is a real beautiful smell. The scent is a journey true elegance of scent.
will enjoy the smell. Subtle it is, Lyric comes and goes as mysterious as its composition is. I find with lotion or body cream sillage and longevity is doubled.

lastgoodday
lastgoodday

devastatingly lovely rose chypre. citrus top accords combine with an array of spices, whirled with a mass of dried rose petals. the drydown is typically amouage, with the delicious, slightly sweet denseness of oakmoss, vetiver, sandalwood, and incense. i find lyric woman to be much easier to wear than some of amouage's other offerings. highly recommended.

danieq
danieq

Ted Lapidus Rumba Passion smells just like this, but has perhaps, better longevity. It's missing just the high jaminess of Lyric, but close enough to sub in a pinch. Beautiful scent.

That said, I am a lover of Lyric Woman. I could easily drown myself in this fragrance given the chance. To me, this is the scent of intoxication, and I don't mean drunkeness. I mean it is a magical intoxicating mesmerizing sort of scent. Like something slightly forbidden but intensely beautiful. The notes melt together so seamlessly that I can't pick out a single one. But the blend is perfection.

Nickie
Nickie

What luck that my most extravagant blind buy turned out to be one of my best!

From first spritz I adored Lyric EDP: it's spicy, incence-infused rose (which, admittedly, I didn't recognise at first) is one of the most elegant fragrances I've ever tried. It provides me with the effect I wish Mitsouko still had but from a different angle. It's not as sweet as Mitsouko and the smoky incense isn't something I find there either.

It would feel like a betrayal to demote Mitsouko from its Signature Fragrance throne but Lyric is by far and away the superior fragrance. Three spritzes will last around 6 hours with moderate silage and over 12 with very soft. A spritz at the nape of my neck, I've been told is "gorgeous". :-)

Lyric will be part of my collection for good now. The logical next step will be to try the extract. I'd better get saving!

Marco Chau

NebelGeîst: Lyric Woman is certainly suitable for men. Just check my earlier review below.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I was disappointed by the male version of Lyric. Too sweet, too much citruses.
Now I´m having a Look at the female version.. And I am wondering if this might fit better? A pitty I haven´t even sniffed on the bottle of the Lyric woman, when I was in the shop. Now the fragrantica profile of this scent makes me curious.
Any rose loving males in here that prefere the female version? Is it wearable for a man (more than Lyric man)?

Red Rose
Red Rose

Tried this in a paper strip in a luxurious boutique called paris gallery. It smells very orintal. I imagin women where I live would go nuts over this fragrance as this kind of scents are so popular where I live. I never imagined amouage lyric would smell this way, it's way too orintal to trace down any roses. I think amouage didn't play it right or fair with this fragrance but that could be just me & my taste as I like fragrances that tend to be more feminin & floral than heavey & way to orintal to be called florintal.

amaraztavich

I have and like/hate relationship with obsession I also own and love lyric and vaguely see any kind of resemblance. Obsession is very simple, to the point , animalistic in nature and all amber and spice. Where Lyric reminds me much more of Samsara, it's an elegant lady, with soft , lightly sweet almost gourmand spices, just a touch of amber, musk, rose and the finest SANDALWOOD, and oh yes incense and resins. Two very different perfumes entirely and indeed, lol

only difference with samsara, is samsara focuses the most on jasmine and woods, where lyric is rose,n and there is a nice amount of incense that I don't really get with samsara, but more importantly they leave you with that same feeling, so refined, so superbly made, be still my heart :D

estherica
estherica

Just stopped at KADEWE this morning to have a spritz of this on my wrist. First impression hmmmmmm...and it reminds me instantly of something. Back in the underground with my nose to my wrist I try to detect the notes. The opening is spicey warm, but with the freshness of the rose in the background, this is delicious! Although I find it a bit too ladylike for myself. The drydown gets more gourmand to my nose, I can smell an ambery vanilla tonka note. Wow, this is definitely a well-made scent. I will purchase a sample soon to smell it again, also in colder weather, currently it's so hot, that this effect for sure the developement of the scent.
Still searching my olfactory memory to find out what it reminds me off, I come to think it could be Obsession! Haven't smelled this for ages, but it could be like the drydown of Obsession on Rose . And less synthetic :) Have to check Obsession again.
EDIT: Testing in cooler weather I get a completely different scent, was even wondering if I got the right sample! It starts with a strong citrus note from the bergamot and I miss the balsamic feeling I got in hot weather. I don't get the rose either...strange, but I'm not unhappy, cause there are other amouages I LOVE, and I can't afford them all, so this will be for someone else. ;)

mylancome

OMG! Amouage Lyric has been watered down? At the early of the year, I spray on a tester strip, it last for 4 days.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

There is not much more I can say here that has not already been said and I feel I can't do this perfume justice as the words desert me whem I am trying to describe it.
My experience with Lyric is on the par with Vie Cafe, in fact, she's absolutely spot on! I get heavenly sweet rosey incense with touch of cinnamon. It does smell like a posh head shop crossed with sunday mass in catholic church. Absolutely fascinating and jaw dropping scent. It is intoxicating but not heavy, almost like I am floating on the cloud, hovering above the world. I am the mystical middle eastern goddess looking down on mere mortals and I don't care.
The opening is just sooo divine, luscious and heady. Shame the opening notes do not last forever cause they are simply to die for. The drydown is kinda powdery, slightly resembles Rochas Byzance with sweet turkish rose note. The drydown is very pleasant but not majorly exciting. Now, the longevity on me isn't that good and I am testing this from a spray decant. For the cost of this perfume, I would have expected it to last at least 24 hours if not more! I wonder if extrait lasts longer but then the extrait version costs £100 more per 50mls than EDP!!!
Sigh!!! But I still want this perfume, oh dear, my wallet is crying already.

Yes, I am so hooked I have bought and extrait of Lyric as well and it is a completely different scent. There is a lot less of rose but more of cardammon, ginger and even a hint of bergamot. The sillage is vey close to skin and the extrait is very oily so do not spray on the clothes. I would say that the extrait is more wearable in spring/summer, whereas EDP would work better in autumn/winter. Highly recommend you'd try this beauty.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

This, dear friends is the perfume that dreams are made of. It smells rich, like rubbing a fur coat lapel against your skin. Like an erotic dream involving warm climates & balmy air. Everything comes in a dazzling, dizzying flash, like your journey through an exotic palace. So intensely beautiful it leads to a state of delicious disorder in the mind. Incense here, rose petals there, sweet resins & oils from the queens chamber, the exotic woods in the room, golden gilt, rare jewels wink and you know they are not for you. But you fantasize anyway. Because they could be. Finally owning Lyric, is finally attaining the forbidden jewels, being treated to the luxuries of the palace, instead of a tour. Now, she is mine. Or, I am hers? I have been since the very first intoxicating sniff. Don't touch the potion.. Unless you're ready for the fall. Go ask Alice...

An edit to my review, after owning Lyric for a while, and being treated to some of the Extrait, I will give a few last thoughts.

As in the edp, the sandalwood gives the rose a creamy, & slightly powdery lift, without the "powder" smell. Cardamom, ginger, & cinnamon make up the spicy heart of the fragrance, and somehow it starts out sweet, but gets closer to that balmy, sandal drydown, which is much more intense in the extrait.

The extrait goes on more oily, with a heavier emphasis on the frankincense, and sandalwood. I think the cardamom is a bit heavier in the extrait as well. Its mostly a very accurate representation of the original edp, but with a bit more emphasis on sandalwood & base notes. Very heady, lush, spicy, sweet, and the longevity is better. Stunning, upon stunning beauty!

danajaar
danajaar

I read reviews till my eyes blurred, tested it in a small Seattle perfume shop and finally splurged on it. Found it to be everything I crave in a fragrance, spice and earthiness galore, dynamic, mystifying and satisfying. The one and only drawback, on me I do not find this perfume to have the staying duration I expect for the expense. It would take numerous "refreshes" throughout the day, or evening, to keep the essence vibrant. I expected to apply this perfume in the a.m. and be savoring it still by 5:00 pm.

Marco Chau

Three words: gorgeous, delicious and unisex. After testing a good number of fragrances from Amourage, I'm confident enough to conclude that most of their 'Women' fragrances are unisex and some of the 'Men' fragrances are more suitable and liked by women. In addition to Memoir Woman, Honour Woman and Gold pour Femme, Lyric Woman is the fourth 'Women' fragrance from Amourage that I preferred over the 'Men" versions. I also found Interlude Woman and Ubar very suitable for men as well.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I received my sample a few days ago and don't know why I hadn't tried this on before now. THIS FRAG IS AMAZING! When I first put it on the back of my hand ( for whatever reason most scents last longer there for me.) it smelled a little like an exotic head shop that would sell nice candles and fragrant incense, along with the unmentionables. Then it started to get a little powdery ( which I LOVE ) and then it settled down and I could smell the soft rose mixed with sandalwood and jasmine. This is a very gorgeous, sophisticated and luxurious scent most definitely.

ranchorita
ranchorita

Amouage Lyric Woman has the air of an old-school fine perfume about it. Very GRANDE DAME. The top notes were rather strident but quickly muted down to a wondrously lovely and complex scent that made me think of an elegant, cosmopolitan woman. The office was deserted today, so I kept pulling the neckline of my shirt up to smell the fragrance. It's glorious on the cloth, but seems to have much less staying power on my skin. This is an incredibly refined scent, and very beautiful for an evening out for a few hours. If I were wearing this for a longer day or occasion, I'd want a fresh spritz after several hours.

Roshap
Roshap

a spicy, powdery floral oriental bombshell. i agree with the people who are reminded of hermes rouge, except rouge is even more powdery and has an intense bitter green quality like futur. oddly, I find lyric for women less "feminine" then the men's version. the women's is definitely more interesting. between like and love for me.

antfarm
antfarm

Two words: cash money. Most expensive, rich, complex, multi-faceted rose I have ever smelled. I feel like my nose is being made love to with velvety roses, salty exotic dessert cream, and billowing soft frankincense. It comes so close to being my signature fragrance, yet I could never afford this--despite its breathtaking beauty, it only lasts on my skin for about three hours, and at 300 dollars a bottle I'd be more than a bit hesitant to reapply.

tenderia
tenderia

I adore it!!!!!!

Tovah
Tovah

Lyric is one of the rare scents that causes me nearly to faint with olfactory ecstasy. It's intoxicating, sultry, womanly, and timeless. A true work of rare genius. This makes me feel like the iconic woman of mystery, ageless,and radiant. Lyric is so gorgeous I'm short on words in describing it!

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

A new love, heavenly intoxicating, I have to say though I love the dry down more...Lyric is a beautiful, warm, inviting, rich && sexxi scent all in one. What is funny is I've been working in a niche shop for 5 months && just experienced how amazing this was today making a sample for someone (I got a lil on my fingers) lol...any-who, What you have here is an above average floriental, that starts off slightly spicy-woodsy with a dash of smokiness from the incense && I can deff. detect the sandalwood. I to would also classify this to be slightly gourmandish...revisiting my statement of liking the dry down more...I say this b/c I can deff. pick up it's slight vanilla hint and the tonka bean as it develops.

It most certainly to me is one of those scents that will have you sniffing your wrist off. It's deep sultry goodness && It's quite amusing how it will have you feeling classy, mysterious and sexxi all at the same time while wearing it. Perfect for those colder months && nice for a social gathering or a night out on the town. Longevity && Sillage or both brilliant, It may smell mature to some && can see why some would say that...but hey I like those types of scents if you do too then I'm sure you'll like this. && any scent that makes you feel sexxi I'm sure will be suitable to any age though...I'm 22 && love it! deff. worth the test! :)

Overall: 10/10

ladykarl
ladykarl

I mostly just get musk here
some incense too
Found it to be kinda nondescript
but when i saw my mom and had it on
she loved it!

I gave her my sample
Its a good try for those looking for musk

The print advertising had me fooled into believing that Amouage Lyric for Women was a heavy, rose dominant fragrance. Much to my surprise, Lyric is hardly a scent focused on roses at all. The rose note is often smothered by an array of spices and incense.

While it may not be the rose fragrance that I was expecting, it does have some likable qualities. The rose note in Lyric for Women is pink rather than blood red. Thick, slightly sharp spices like cinnamon, cardamom and ginger were the first detectable notes on my skin, followed by some warm woods and heady incense.

Typical of most Amouage fragrances, Lyric has a distinct Arabic feel. The scent is exotic, alluring and potent, laced with smoke and expensive, highly sought after spices.

I would recommend Amouage Lyric for the cold seasons due to its warm spiciness and comforting incense drydown. Girly girls will be pleased to hear that Lyric has a subtle vanilla and tonka bean blend, which aids in providing a hint of sweetness to liven up the composition.

Lyric for Women does have a way of growing on you bit by bit, even though it was a disappointment in the beginning. You must approach this fragrance expecting incense, not lush, red roses. I learnt that the hard way.

All in all, Amouage Lyric is a smooth, yet deeply sensual oriental with moderate sillage and excellent longevity. I recommend.

mylancome

A great alternative choice for me when Guerlain distributor in my country stop bringing in L'heure Bleue. A gourmand-incense with more rose version of LHB. And crazy long lasting, the tester strip can last for 4 days, OMG! Some said close to Naherma but I can't compare it cause I never encounter Naherma.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Not a fan of this one. It starts out smelling very bitter green and un-perfume like, heavy on the greens and ginger. Then I get a ton of vetiver coming on when the flower notes finally start opening and the orris root is really the root- smells like a whole garden has been upturned. The final drydown is pleasant and there is a gorgeous and very high quality sandalwood in the base notes, but as a whole, not for me.

9-na
9-na

This is a nice, quiet garden, flowers and spices are there with a drop of incense. It's a place useful if I want to meditate. Nothing is too loud or too bright, the scent doesn't distract me, it just is somewhere in the background, nice and comfortable, and for that I am grateful.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Lyric was not something that instantly resonated with me. I liked it, but for such an expensive scent, I expected the earth to move and golden stars to fall around me. Yet, the day I wore the sample (on a friday), I had no less than 5 compliments from colleagues and friends - that has to surely be a record. Rosey, Jasminey and incensey - surely one can get this concoction from another perfume that doesn't require you to shell out the earth (half of your monthly rent/mortgage) for it? Lasting power was righteous though. Why on earth are so many other perfumers failing in this department? As much as the quality of the ingredients was no doubt undisputed and the lasting power to be dynamite, my dilemma is, that out of principle, I have issues with forking out so much dough on a perfume. It may consider itself to be a "luxury" brand, but this kind of pricing crosses the line into greed, in my humble opinion.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

ALLELUIA.

I have died and gone to heaven and came back smelling like... Lyric by Amouage.

The first thing I got was the true smell of freshly ground up coriander (not in notes). I believe this is brought forth by the combination of bergamot-cardamom. I put it on and went to grind some coriander in the mortar and had my bf smell it. His eyes went very big. haha The opening is identical.

Then a vortex of flowers and spices and a sweet smelling sandalwood coming straight from heaven settling into the most comforting of scents. If our Heavenly Father is truly sitting on a grand throne up in the sky, then His throne is made out of THIS particular sandalwood.

The dry down reminds me of the smell of a Catholic church. I can smell the candles, the bouquets of flowers (Fresh and dying), the incense, the wood benches, the marble altar, the wine in the cup, old parchment, the perfume the women are wearing, the dirt on the floor, EVERYTHING.

I am having an olfactory epiphany!!!

EDIT My little decant is almost empty and I am looking for a 50ml bottle of this... anyone? pleeease!

mylancome

One of the best Oriental Rose or Middle Asian Style Rose perfume I ever smelled, heavy incense mixed with rose. I must have this if I have extra budget to spare, cause Amouage is more expensive than Sisley.

Oriental fragrance!

Most of all I feel the sandalwood and the frankincense note a little bit. I wouldn't call it floral or rosy. It reminds me Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, only Opium is much more complex.

Not bad, but nothing special. Not deep enough and not complex enough.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Amouage makes some seriously beautiful floral-oriental perfumes...I've tried Gold, Epic Woman, Ubar, Jubilation 25, and now Lyric Woman. I have to say that I didn't care as much for Gold, but all the others are favorites. And Lyric is gorgeous---a really, really rich rosy scent, nicely layered. Not grandmere's rose perfume, unless grandmere happened to come from the middle east, perhaps. This is a languorous, opulent, eastern rose with a bit of candied spice and lovely balmy-woody underpinnings. It's what I had hoped Lutens' Arabie would be, not that there's anything wrong with Arabie itself; just that I expected something different, something, well, like Lyric.

Like every Amouage I've tried, lasting power is good, even on me. Also, like every Amouage in my experience, the dry-down is delicious. These perfumes do not "come apart" over time to me at all...They do change somewhat, but if anything, for the better, becoming more integrated, creamy or velvety, even hypnotic, I'd say. (Just for comparison, I am a dry-skinned blonde; I mention that only because others had suspected that had a negative impact on the perfume. For me, it doesn't, so I would look to other facets of individual biochemistry.) I can still smell Lyric after wearing it all night, which is rather unusual for me, and it lingers delightfully in the sheets.

Sillage is good but not overwhelming on me. And Lyric, with its sister Epic, are two of the most commented-on perfumes I wear. Men, especially, seem to notice it and like it, even men who typically do not notice or comment on a person's fragrance.

The only downside is the price-point...the house of Amouage does nothing cheaply, but then the quality of these perfumes is very high and they do last well on the skin. Definitely full bottle worthy, even at the very high prices. Or at least, treat yourself to some mid-size sample bottles and wear them on special days...I reach for Lyric often when I want to smell extra specially wonderful and want that deep, rich, sensuous Oriental perfume experience.

harazat2002
harazat2002

OMG... SEX in the bottle! Extremely seductive and addictive. I Think, this could work as pheromones to attract any kind of man (and woman). I, usually don't like rose type perfumes, but this one is definitely different. It's mix with cinnamon and sandalwood is Ahhhh-mazing. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist for a whole day. Get a sample and see what I am talking about.

Fizzy
Fizzy

For long time I could not say, what I smell in this, but now it is obvious - there is a strong tee note in the opening, which last a very good while and then the mandarin and spice, like I wrote in my previous review.

iivanita
iivanita

At start its very loud and silimar to dia!!,but in the process oakmoss make it dirty and dark....and not so perfect as their other scents...

glorious1
glorious1

I haven't had this one on that long. It's feminine and like they said....balmy. Beautiful but.......after wearing Jubilation 25 yesterday....If I were to plunk down the big bucks for a bottle of Amouage....it would definitly be Jubilation 25. This is balmy which is fine, I live in Florida but someone mentioned LOUD?!! Not to me!
Not at all.

Maybe the longer I wear it the better I'll like it. I do not dislike it......

Guest_Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Guest_Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

To comment below, I am quite partial to the scent of crayons :)

Marilie
Marilie

As much as I love Epic Woman I simply cannot stand Lyric Woman. These two got so many notes in common but they have very different effects.

Lyric Woman smells full-bodied, rich and loud. It is more floral than Epic Woman and this rose-ylang ylang-jasmine mix is too much for me. It smells old-fashioned and whenever I sniff at my Lyric sample I think of retirement homes.

This is not meant as an insult for people who wear it. I imagine that women who love to wear the old Carons will certainly cotton up to this one.

The staying power and sillage is almost scary - one single spray and the whole office smelled of it (it was most embarassing when my colleagues asked me to use less perfume the next time).

melia
melia

In my opinion, Amouage makes the most 'Arabic orientals' there are. They have enormous staying power and sillage, are mostly spiced and heavy. For me, as a 19 year old blond girl from Holland it's interesting to deal with.
When I tried Epic and Memoir, I was interested and cought by the smells of mystery, but they dried down quite weird on my skin (a bit 'bacterial', if you know what I mean). But maybe it's my northern chemistry.. So I didn't really liked them in the end.
Now Lyric Woman, is a little bit of a different story. It is still intoxicating, but the rose seems to 'delight' the whole composition. It sticks a lot less to the skin, while remaining mysterious and very oriental (yes the harem-girls, bellydancers, etc. come to my mind as well). Even if you don't love rose I think you should give this a try, and if you do love rose of course as well. Especially if you're searching for a 'rich' approach of it.
Oh and, I find this VERY wearable for a man too actually, even if it's a little sweet, it would remind me of a bellydancer only on a woman. On a man it could be very interesting and classy.

kwarnst
kwarnst

Lyric Woman is –in my opinion- a work of art. Very beautiful, well balanced, feminine, classy, extremely elegant.
The opening is slightly spicy and reminds me very much of “Glühwein”, a nice combination of the spices and the bergamot.
The radiant heart of the fragrance is the rose; a beautiful, mature and musky rose. It is joined by angelica and other flowers like jasmine and ylang-ylang.
The woody and musky notes of vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli and tonkabean get more present as time goes by. The drydown is very beautiful; soft, creamy, slightly sweet. Incense and tonkabean play a marvellous duet on my skin.

The longevity is average. The scent stays very close to my skin.
The price is a definite downside.

lara0905
lara0905

Lyric is the smell of the vamp, seductive, very dangerous woman and the smell of the arabian harem's seducers.Amazingly beautiful oriental scent from the 1001 nights.

Very smooth, warm spice-mix, the cardamom,ginger, saffron perfectly detectable almost on the gourmand way.The aromas of musk, orris, cinnamon and sandal wood embrace me in a longlasting whisper over 6 hours.

As I'm an oriental floral fan, I'm impressed by Amouage Lyric.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Very nice....long lasting, love the rose and incense, but find that it turns slightly aftershavish with a touch of mint at the end that I am not in love with. Prefer COCO. Especially for the price.

shoreshells

I have recently tried two other "rose" fragrances and both were beautiful, powdery (which I don't like very much) but beautiful.
Then I tried all three in various locations to the Amouage Lyric and Lyric stands out as the most unique, all around beautiful fragrance. I love it. If I can afford it, it'll be my signature fragrance!

Elizabeth Marie
Elizabeth Marie

Wow, this is gorgeous. Roses done in a mature and sexy way. I've never smelt such a perfectly blended perfume. This is excessively feminine, rich and very sensual. The spices are perfectly blended with the other accords so that I don't think of this scent as spicy, I think roses and warm and stand out. Bravo Amouage! Absolutely exquisite!
One of the few expensive perfumes I would actually consider buying, it's so well done.

shoreshells

I just tried a sample of this fragrance. I am not a big rose lover so I was cautious with the application. First I got a sharp scent, not wonderful, but I kept testing. Second, I got a feeling of being in an attic in an old house, exploring and overcome with the scent of dust, long gone memories, musk. Third, I received the scent of a woman, not a girl, not an "old" woman; but someone who has experienced a bit of life. I felt it reach a deep perhaps musty and dark part of myself; the deeper receses of my heart that hold my memories and express the true woman I am inside. Something mysterious, a longing, complete.
I didn't get roses,roses. I did get spice which I wish wasn't so noticable - I'd like it even better.
Maybe this is me; it might not be you, but it might be me.

adrienn99
adrienn99

This was recommended by members and I built into my quest for my smokey rose.

After I liked another Amouge (i.e. Reflection Woman) I expected something that would likewise sweep me off my feet.

Not a hit. Not even close.

I almost get no rose at all...how is that possible???

I cannot find my inner peace - I mean rose is quite easy to distinguish - where did it go???

In 'exchange' I get a lot of the mix of the other notes which i do not find particularly pleasant - notes that make Lyric Woman green/bitter - angelica, geranium, orris root, ginger, cardamom. It smells a little like saffron too.

This smells like bucket of orange paint.

Cereza
Cereza

After the first blast of cinnamon I knew that I'm going to love this. This is simply perfect and such a marvelous creation. At the opening I get loads of gourmandy cinnamon followed by bits of cardamon which makes the cinnamon more "perfumy" and less edible.
Oh and then the heart, what a fantastic, feminine and powerful heart part. I get loads of jasmine and rose, they play so perfectly together, the rose is a bit soapy and cold and jasmine is very sensual and warm.
The drydown is not what I love in fragrances, but it has a great quality, it's smoky and sensual yet being a bit skanky, I must say - skanky and classy if such thing is even possible.
Anyhow, a minus for me is the price, I don't consider this to be SO good or SO unique to pay the price Amouage is asking, but, if I'd had the money, I'd probably buy it anyway.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Amouage Lyric is a spicy rose fragrance, very well done, with the highest quality. This is not as complex and spiciest as Parfum Sacre. Lyric is a more light spicy rose concept.

This is very unique and creative, but for some reason Lyric reminds me a little of Versace Cristal Noir. I love them both but Lyric is better.

If you like spicy rose this is a must-try!

fenlady
fenlady

I have to agree with Kterhark - I love the idea of Amouage, but sadly their perfumes all seem to fall apart on me after an hour or two. Lyric Woman starts off beautifully, with the rose strong but not overwhelming and the spicy, woody, creamy notes accompanying it very smoothly. But then, it just starts to smell like red wine on my skin, as though I'd spilt a rather stale bottle that was on the verge of turning into vinegar. Not what I want to smell like. And definitely not what I want other people to smell on me! What a shame. I'm a very pale natural blonde with dry skin, so perhaps Amouage perfumes aren't meant for my type.

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

Very dark, very rich. Overpowering, almost. Lyric for women simply shouts, "ROSES!"

This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think I would have to be in a certain kind of mood to want to smell this on a woman.

Does make me curious about Lyric Man though.

When Anna Nicole Smith's monthly income leapt from $240 to $50K, she was probably looking for something to fill the role played up to that point in her life by TABU, and Amouage LYRIC WOMAN would have done quite nicely. Alas, it was produced in 2008, fourteen years after her marriage and, may she rest in peace, one year after her tragic passing.

I mean disrespect neither to Anna Nicole nor to Amouage in saying this, for LYRIC WOMAN is one sizzling number, both sumptuous and powerfully seductive at the same time. There is definitely a touch of the je ne sais quoi that only TABU provides, and it's nice to know that upwardly mobile wild and crazy gals are not *required* to don aldehyde bombs such as no. 5 and the like.

LYRIC offers deep velvety, blackish-red roses amidst enough oriental components to make the composition something of an exotic dream complete with smoky dens of ill-repute. This is a marvelous perfume, and should my income ever skyrocket to $50K per month, I might well don it too!

guest_ras
guest_ras

i did nt smell any rose on me, i expected it to be strong spcy oriental rose perfume. but it was anything but that. Maybe its just my skin..

guest_bxkern2
guest_bxkern2

I've had three men ask me "What are you wearing?" since I started to wear this a year ago -- and another comment, "Mmm, you smell delicious..." as I walked by him. I know much of this has to do with skin chemistry, etc., but I have to say: Lyric Woman is, by far, the most beautiful fragrance I've worn and has become my signature scent.

Funny enough, I've had a woman ask me if I was wearing men's cologne -- the frankincense is pretty prominent...I'm thinking she probably didn't find my scent quite as delicious as the aforementioned menfolk, but I did find that entertaining and I could understand where she was coming from: this scent could easily be worn by a man (the male version of Lyric doesn't come close to the female incarnation, in my opinion).

Anyhoo, every time I spray this, I inhale deeply -- I love the development all the way from the initial burst of frankincense and spices, to the emergence of the somewhat deconstructed rose (it's not overpowering to my nose at all -- I'm really not all that into roses either, but this WORKS!), to the soft, resinous, vanillic drydown.

This one is avante-garde sexy and appropriate year-round (I live in Austin, TX, and I find that this works quite well in humidity).

adele l
adele l

Again this smells exotic and expensive but like the other perfumes of this house is not something I would actually wear- the spices always override the flowers! It's definitely not horrid so will have to try again..

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is the fifth Amouage i've tried, and is probably my favorite to date. Another reviewer has brilliantly compared to Nahema, and I agree with the association (although Nahema is smoother and more vibrant to my nose)

Lyric hits my skin and morphs into a edgy, luscious rose; the ginger and cardamon play like back up singers to a first class flamenco dancer. I found hte warmth and depth of this fragrance to be unexpected; I feared it would be too light on its feet.

My only so-so comment is that Amouage is just not a house that works for me; their scents develop well enough but fall apart as the hours pass. Ah well.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Hmm....spiced salted rose-the patchouli is minor enough to not bother me...

Sandalwoody and Samsaraesque, but richer-rose petals leading to a sauna. I smell myrrh, a touch of saffron, definite tonka and soft iris...Oriental rose indeed-Of course I haven't smelled anything like this, and don't think I ever will. I would almost agree in disappointment with rebella--but I can appreciate this to the fullest on the rarest occasion.

Brothel? Sexy in the way you would expect it on a whore? Maybe on a very reluctant whore who leads a double life....Sensual, refined, graceful....

Perhaps it's the perfect Oriental rose for an archetypal Libra woman...Or anybody: woman, man or genderbender. Just don't fall too much in love-remember the inappropriately inflated pricetag and the range of alternatives.

I love the name and smell, if I'm judging it on these qualities alone, it's an unrivaled and _spectacular_ winner. Otherwise, as a Montale obsessed grade A sampler-I could take it or leave it.

Sissi
Sissi

Circa 1928 a Brothal/cafe in a fictional
district seedy rundown with Chinese lattices made of dark Burgandy torn velvet curtians make by yester years
Cigerette Burns' Cats Roaming around
Black lacqaured beaded curtian hangs
overdoor murky brown red with white flowers wallpaper over the walls
Red lights Dimmly gives a sensual
intrigue that you can't Dechipher Questioning yourself what is this is this a dream of a reality

Old men Smoking Opium Fat Barmaids laughing with the customers. A place Artists Washed up actors Actresses
Authors Transvestites Bums degenerates The Lowest of the Low And discuss things that will make the Puritans
or any decent Church goer to shock.
you walk across the hallway and come to a room where everything Goes Origies
Drinking Opium the Beautiful people people are there drugs A silent Black and white Movie projecting on the screen Featuring Theda Bara also known
Arab Death. with her Black Bulging eyes
Glaring opan your soul
and Next to you is an actor of your wildest dreams Tony Leung as the charactor from the movie L'Amant (The Lovers)
Next the You.
This is not a Good girl Perfume
This will make Velma Kelly a Saint
If you want to be sexy or be a little naughty This is it.
Give this a 10!

Catnip
Catnip

Lyric Woman is unabashedly opulent. There isn’t anything minimalist about it! In fact, it achieves exactly what it’s trying to be: a modern oriental chypre (I know it is classifed as a floriental here, but it feels both oriental and chypre to me and not only because it contains oakmoss—an ingredient banished from many modern fragrances today--and patchouli). From the beginning to the end, Lyric Woman feels like a contemporary classic.

The first impression is created by an almost delicious accord of spices (the relatively high tone of ginger, along with the more mellow cardamom and cinnamon), but this is certainly not a gourmand scent. This spicy facet maintains its presence in the later stages of the composition as well and serves to highlight the flowers and the incense that follow. I have read that Amouage is known for their famous rock rose. I myself have seen rock roses only in pictures and haven’t smelled one, but rock roses look fairly delicate, pinkish, and innocent to me. The rose in this perfume is not innocent at all. It is a deeply red-hued and mature rose, a rose with an attitude! The way it is surrounded by the energizing notes of ylang ylang, fiery geranium, and with hints of rich red wine, I can easily imagine taking a stroll in one of the gardens of the One Thousand and One Nights stories. The frankincense, another ingredient for which the house of Amouage is well known, is fairly apparent in the
dry-down.

Yes, it is an intense fragrance, but it doesn’t feel particularly heavy. Still, I don’t think I could use it as an everyday scent or in the hottest days of summer. If Lyric Woman had a color, it would be the tint of a rich burgundy wine. If it had a voice, it would be singing mezzo-soprano, easily distinguished from others.

Leesee
Leesee

Far less assertive than many of Amouage's other feminine offerings, and possessed of a transparent rosiness in the top and middle notes that gives the scent an appealing gossamer quality, Lyric is in many ways a very "un-Amouage" Amouage perfume. By the time the drydown arrives in a flurry of spice and musks, however, it is clear we have entered more familiar territory. This is high end perfumery as a friendly masquerade, wherein the clock strikes twelve and all is revealed to be not quite as it seemed, but no harm is done. A very good, but not great, perfume.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I was so-o disappointed with this! I really wanted to like it as the reviews suggested something really magical, but all I got was a huge wiff of sandalwood. I sprayed it on and it didn't really develop on me. I think I fell for the advertising, which made me think this would be more resiny and mysterious - like opening an old Arabian chest full of velvets and silver flagons of attar. It made me want to create the perfume I'd imagined! Easier said than done I'm sure
Edit: Found the perfume I'd imagined in Portrait of a Lady, almost!

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

A lovely, rich, spicy rose fragrance which lasts well and oozes quality. The bottle suits it perfectly - a gorgeous deep red colour with exquisite details. Definitely recommended to lovers of rose fragrances, and to those who think they are not - this one may change their mind!

Mals86
Mals86

I was drawn to try Lyric by reading a very positive review from a commenter on another blog, who seems to have similar preferences to mine. Having tried both Gold and Dia for women, and been unimpressed by the "perfuminess" of them, I wasn't sure if Lyric would be different.

It is. While it's undoubtedly rich, complicated, and layered, like other Amouage fragrances, it's also to my nose more coherent. In fact, I find myself unwilling to try to pin down each individual note. I can identify saffron, spices, a deep and translucent rose which is almost candied in its presentation, and the richness of tonka and sandalwood in the base. But my overwhelming impression is just that of utter loveliness, the personification of beauty.

It's rare, in my experience, to come across a fragrance that has so definite a personality, but Lyric has one - strong, feminine, and lovely. I'll be seeking a large decant (since I can't afford the full bottle) as soon as possible.

rebella
rebella

Stayingpower is the only thing about Lyric that amaze me.

It´s a strong, powerful oriental rose, but for that kind of money I expect something far more unique and magnificent then what I get from Lyric.

A disapointment.

Malegria
Malegria

Lyric is a beautiful sandalwood fragrance.It opens up very lively, with ginger and citrus, but even before you smell the flowers, you immediately feel the warm wave of sandalwood, playful and light.Usually sandalwood is pretty persistent and not playful at all, but thanks to other notes, it becomes almost weightless, though I could feel it all the time, from top to base.The heart is creamy, velvety rose that never becomes overly intense - like the wings of the butterfly reveal it`s colors underneath, other flowers play nicely into the scene.Going the full circle, it all comes back to sandalwood - and ginger.After 12 hours I still can feel it on my skin (similar to the base of Kingdom, but actually the fragrances are extremely different in general).

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I highly recommend this to anyone that doesn't like your typical floral rose but enjoys woody musks...it's a nice mixture of both.

Starts out slightly spicy. I can detect the ginger and saffron in the top notes. After an hour or so a beautiful rose scent develops, but not your typical young, sweet light rosiness...this is a mature, robust, musky, dark rose. The jasmine and ylang-ylang provide a subtle bouquet I didn't expect. The woody and musky notes of vetiver, patchouli, and tonka become more prevalent as time goes on.

GREAT staying power - I put this on at 7:30 last night and can still smell it!! (It's 10:15 in the morning here...) After trying Amouage Gold, I didn't think I would like Lyric. I was very, very wrong. I'm definitely going to add this to my collection. (Beautiful bottle, too!)