Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Honour Woman Amouage for women
dislike

tuberose
Honour Woman Amouage for women Pictures Honour Woman Amouage for women Pictures

Amouage presents a new fragrant pair in 2011 - Honour Woman and Honour Man. These perfumes are dedicated to the tragic story of Madame Butterfly, the geisha Cio-Cio-San who married an American and waited for his return for three years. More specifically, the inspiration for the new creations was drawn from the last act of the eponymous opera in which Madame commits suicide.

Honour Woman is a fragrance of white flowers and resins. White flowers symbolize the progress of unrequited love. The composition was created by Alexandra Carlin and Violaine Collas. Top notes are spices of pepper, rhubarb and coriander. The heart captures flowers of tuberose, jasmine, gardenia, lily of the valley and carnation. The base is oriental with notes of frankincense, vetiver, opoponax, amber and leather.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP:

Sedbury

Honour Woman Fragrance Reviews

Truffles_L
Truffles_L

Honour Woman has a sweet and fruity white floral open with lots of jasmine and tuberose. The notes were blended nicely, but not over-blended with a high projection. The middle softens, and stays fairly linear. It projects a bit more than a skin scent at six hours. It is an amazing, well-made white floral perfume.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Honour Woman is from 2011 and arrived along with the male version of the same name. Both fragrances were designed to portray the tragic story of Madame Butterfly, who speaks about the love of the geisha Cio-Cio-San for the US Navy Lieutenant Benjamin Pinkerton, and her anguish and waiting for three years, culminating in her suicide.
As the concept behind the fragrance says: "In honour of truth and beauty, her poetic love and sorrow echo eternally."

In the official composition there are notes of pepper, rhubarb leaves and coriander, followed by the body notes of jasmine, tuberose, gardenia, lily of the valley and carnation, on a base with notes of vetiver, amber, opoponax, Leather and frankincense.

On the skin, Honour Woman is a delicious white floral, very well balanced, sweet to the right measure and smoky by the fall of the petals. There is no much innovation and, for this reason, I will not invent unnecessary compliments. Here, we have a white floral, very well elaborated and created on the same standards as always, with a small difference (which is not so small): the famous white triad, composed of jasmine + tuberose + ylang-ylang, gained a peculiar touch, in which the latter gave place to a new member - the gardenia - that brought less power and more luminosity.

The result is a scent that revolves around the body notes, with much presence of jasmine and tuberose and a lot of control of the indolic nuances, balanced by the green facets of the lily and the natural elegance of the gardenia. However, I can hardly believe that there is any presence of vetiver and leather. The fragrance slowly evolves, becoming incensed by sweet-myrrh (opoponax) and frankincense. Nothing more than this. It also exudes and lasts a lot, in addition to combining with sunny days and spring nights.

The story of Madame Butterfly may even be sad, but the fragrance created to represent it is beautiful.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I quite enjoy select white florals, but I hate all aquatic fragrances so far. I am retesting this years after first stabbing it on and tossing it to the back of my sample drawer. It smells like an expensive rendition of a green hotel shampoo using some high end white florals to offset the sharpness. Problem is, it's not harmonious. Look at all of the notes...Thirteen listed and the sharpest stand out, especially coriander. This is a relatively sweet white floral that is heady but not heavy. But wow, ridiculously harsh! This doesn't smell elegant to me. I don't think they used calones, but the sharpness here reminds me of the way that perfumes like Cool Water smack you in the nose.

Scentjoy
Scentjoy

Afther an hour or so got such strong aquatic vibes i even had to wash it of. Didn't get to the oriental i guess...

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

Very pretty and very feminine. This seems to me what a true "southern belle" would wear. A good girl like Olivia D'Havilland's character, Melli, in Gone With the Wind. Not Scarlet. She's a bad girl! The prominent flower is creamy gardenia, freshened up with the clever addition of rhubarb. This projects, and one spray is plenty for me. As with all Amouage perfumes the quality of the ingredients is evident. If you love gardenia this should be on your radar.

Madrona
Madrona

The combination of white florals with rhubarb is genius. Gardenia seems to be the star player of the assortment of white flowers offered in this fragrance, much to my delight. The base is, importantly, non-vanillic oriental (vanilla would have been too much in this composition - the creamy white flowers are entirely enough!). Delightful.

Jyrhara
Jyrhara

Sample n.4 from my Amouage set.
This is, for a change, a fruity floral I can wear. The rhubarb and leather remind me of L'Art de la Guerre from Jovoy, like Honour was the female version of that scent.
I don't get anything aquatic from it. It would be a love if my skin didn't amplify the rhubarb so much.
Overall a very refreshing, young fragrance. By young I don't mean it's girly, just that I would wear it in spring when everything is green and growing.

Adelaide Rocks
Adelaide Rocks

When I made my selection last month to get Amouage Honor from my subscription service I only saw one minor aquatic reference out of all the reviews. If only Rhaineclayton's review had appeared sooner!

I won't even try to give this a proper review since all things calone react badly on me, but be warned: Amouage Honor has a quite distinct and heavy aquatic note.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Starts off like a white floral but quickly turns to something slightly aquatic, reminding me of Issey Miyake (not the same, just some similarity).
Not bad but not my favourite Amouage.

mongibella
mongibella

Very polite scent. Delicate white floral, clean, lily-of-the-vally and gardenia are the most detectable on my skin. Almost no silage, and low staying power. Elegant and well-blended, and utterly boring.

It is so unremarkable so I can't see any reason or note in this to justify the gigantic price. Usually I love white flowers and delicate perfumes - Chanel Gardenia is one of my favourites. But Honour Woman is just nothing, it's like clothes from the King's new clothes fairytale - it is supposed to be there, but it is not.
I didn't have high hopes on this so I'm not really disappointed, just feel I wasted a space on my wrist to test something really worthwhile.

Cherry_Darling
Cherry_Darling

This smells so refined and elegant, not overbearing but complex and very white floral. Not too sweet either, and great lasting. Amouage always delivers, this is my second favourite Amouage scent.

I have 100+ niche samples for swap within Europe - updated spreadsheet of samples on my profile, get in touch!

Fluffyandpuffy
Fluffyandpuffy

Gardenias! If you love 'em, you got 'em here. High quality, long lasting. Very nice.

Setareh.fz
Setareh.fz

One of the bests in white floral notes for floral scent lovers.... I got the best compliments every time when i use it among my own having perfumes, it has a heavy scent but actually light and not annoying, incredibly gourgeous feminine, love it ❤️ Long lasting and heavy sillage... Fancy and dreamy
يعني يكي از بهترين عطراي گلي هست كه بو كردم در حيني كه سنگينه و بوش توو اتاق چنروز ميمونه اما در عين حال لطيفو روياييه، بوش ادمو غرق ميكنه ، هربار كه زدم توجه همه رو به خودش جلب كرده واقعا موندگاريشم خيلي بالاس پخششم واقعا قويه دائما مشام ادم رو پر ميكنه

Sherri81
Sherri81

This is the second Amouage I've tried, and although this smells better than the last one, it still doesn't impress me.

I put this on my skin, as well as my shirt, just to see the difference. On both, it opens with a sharp, screechy, scent. Within a few minutes that fades and it starts to smell like a clean, white floral. At this point I started to have some hope for this perfume. Unfortunately, on my skin, it gets a weird, synthetic, air freshener smell. It's like a combination of pairing the 'clean scent' laundry detergent and dryer sheets; it becomes a bit of an overkill. It is very long lasting on my skin, and although I haven't scrubbed it, I find myself hoping that this will just fade away entirely, very soon.

On my shirt..., it is a different storey altogether. As I said before, it does have that same harsh, screechy opening, but when that fades away it leaves a pleasant white floral scent. It gets a bit softer as the time goes on, and it starts getting a creamy, salty scent. On my shirt there is a similarity to Paco Rabanne's Olympea.

Apparently I like my white florals to get a bit warmer and creamier during the dry down, instead of straying towards the clean/synthetic smell, which is why this one isn't really for me.

It's been 9 hours at least now, and it is still going strong on both my skin, and my shirt. So longevity is not an issue for me. Sillage is probably within a couple of feet.

Soofiya
Soofiya

I love tuberose,gardenia,jasmin &... But I usually can't get along well with white floral dominated fragrances,I find some of them very sharp,soapy or old ladyish,also white florals have an indolic creamyness that after passege of time becomes boring and cloying for me
Amouage honour is one of few white floral scents that I love
It opens with spicy notes which calm down in seconds to a superlovely white floral cream with a hint of rhuburb,a sour and sweet fruity note that balances indolics,,I find it very luxurious soft,silky creamy,rich without being old and with a touch of sweetness,not too much
It's bright and perfect for spring and even summer
Rhuburb is a key note here,which adds naughtyness to white florals pure and innocent feeling
Longevity is great and sillage is more than moderat
I love this white pure spring scent,just as it's chic bottle,it's scent is also white with a touch of gold,a thanks god there is no heavyness,no arabic vibe here
This is my first amouage love❤

miletas89

It's funny - close to the skin, this is all jasmine & incense. But from far away, when you catch its trail, it smells like light flowers and suede! very reminiscent of Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede.
I imagine this would be very work-appropriate. Classy, light (not weak) clean and feminine.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

یه وقتا عطرایی به تورمون میخورند که وقتی استفادش میکنیم باید گفت احست به نبوغ سازنده این عطر !!!ا
امواج هانر زنانه عطر فوقالعاده خوشبو , نرم و پرپری هست و لطافت کم نظیری دارد .همچون بستری از حریر و ابریشم
عطر مطلقا گلی و سرزنده و ابدار با نیمچه اشاره از بخورو ادویه جات
اغازی ادویه ای دارد که سریع عوض میشود و بوی قوی گلها مریم و گاردنیا و ...پیدا میشوند
از کیفیت بالای گلها درگذریم میریسیم به ریواس که نقطه درخشان این عطر و نبوغ عطرساز ان هست
استفاده گلها به صورت غالب و برجسته در عطر نیاز به درک درستی از این گلها است . القای بو و حس ابدار و سرزنده بودن از نیازهای مهم و اصلی یک عطر فلورالاست و گرنه چنین عطرهایی به بوی نه چندان جالب و همچنین ادماس مانند تبدیل میشوند
ریواس در امواج هانر مهمترین مکمل است و عطار به خوبی دانسته که به چه اندازه در عطرش استفاده کند
گلدار و شیرینی کم بسیار مطلوب و ابدار
ماندگاری تا چند روز
پخش بوی ملایم

Smell very fragrant and beautiful.Very soft and velvety fragrance.
Like a bed of silk and velvet.This is a beautiful lady
Transparent smooth combination of flowers
Tuberose . Gardanya and ...Start hot and spice that Immediately marginalized by Flowers .
But here's the rhubarb to good use .Has created a fragrant aroma and juicy wet .
Rhubarb is a milestone in this perfume.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

"Con onor muore Chi non può serbar vita Con onore" One dies with honor who could not live a life with honor" - Madame Butterfly, Puccini opera finale

I have Cio Cio San by MDCI Parfums which I love very much and I feel it better represents Madame Butterfly but this fragrance by Amourage is also a beautiful description of the tragic Geisha. This opens up with spice notes typical of the Oriental fragrances: coriander and pepper. The white floral heart is mostly jasmine and gardenia to my nose but the tuberose is very clearly there as is the carnation. These are all very strong flowers which have the magic power to change themselves and feel very different in every fragrance I've worn. On here the flowers are melancholic and sad like the flower petals that Madame Butterfly and Suzuki her servant sprinkled all around the cottage to welcome that polygamist Pinkerton. They are sad flowers of farewell. The little lily of the valley note is also coming off as very light soft and funereal. These could pass for white funeral flowers but they still smell very good! If it wasn't for the base notes this fragrance would have worn like any ordinary white floral but the base is strong with notes I'm crazy about. They give the scent a very elaborate and strong foundation and substance. It's got incense, opoponax vetiver leather and amber. They smell very perfumy very potent and even a bit on the unisex masculine side. This fragrance may read Honour Woman but it's also for guys. This has a really strong incense note and it perfectly captures the Oriental spirit of the scent. Beautiful. Wears better in winter time because of the incense. It goes with formal evening wear. This was my first Amourage purchase and I love their fragrances.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

It's elegant and delicious! I received a lot of compliments from other women regarding this perfume. Definitely worth the value.

neshat
neshat

strong tuberose and gardenia scent with great sillage.

بوی واضح گل مریم و گاردنیا داره. پخشش فوق العاده اس و بعد گذشت چندین ساعت ، به قوت تمام همه رو متوجه خودش میکنه.

mlxo7
mlxo7

In my opinion, this perfume is stunning. From the first time I sprayed Honour on my wrist I had the "ahhh" moment; what a gentle, unique beauty.

Essentially, on my skin, Honour is a light floral, not to be confused with 'weak', for this perfume has above-average strength (and frankly so it should for the price), and an almost aquatic feel which keeps it very fresh and stops it from being at all cloying or heavy. Sometimes fresh can be boring, but here it is not. It's very elegant and classic and I would say one of the few fragrances I think most people would enjoy smelling on someone else.

I picture a beautiful, expensive bouquet of flowers (jasmine, tuberose, lily, gardenia) glistening from recent rainfall.

Above all, it makes me feel special when I wear it - and isn't that what fragrance is about?

Highly recommend!

(accidentally logged out and posted this first as a guest, oops!)

I was surprised to find this fragrance is composed of as many notes as it is, because as other reviewers have mentioned, it does have a somewhat linear, simplistic quality not reflective of this diverse composition. This is not a bad thing, indeed in my opinion, Honour is stunning. From the first time I sprayed Honour on my wrist I had the "ahhh" moment; what a gentle, unique beauty.

I picture a beautiful bouquet of flowers (jasmine, tuberose, lily, gardenia) glistening from recent rainfall.

Highly recommend!

stephan
stephan

I've sampled Honour Man years ago, and didn't like it unlike the other Amouage Man. Today, I received a sample of Honour Woman, this smells gorgeous, even if there is one (only one) flowery note that is similar to the one used in Sécrétions Magnifique, but in a great way!!!
Does anybody else smell similarities with l'Air du Temps?

swade
swade

I wore this perfume to a party last night and this time I applied it just to my clothes which made it last longer and stay truer to its original scent. I was amazed at just how gorgeous this was. It was a super lush, well-rounded, elegant, expensive, and sophisticated smelling floral. I like florals and I've tried quite a few (three of my favorite florals are Flowerbomb, Quelques Fleurs, and Organza - a floriental) and all of them are wonderful but Honour easily surpasses them all and in comparison, other florals like Kate Spade's Walk on Air come across as a bit screechy. I don't know if it's a matter of ingredients or blending, but if I was looking for a floral for a special occasion, I would reach for this one first.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Una splendida gardenia che si schiude con grazia, eleganza e discrezione. Soffusa e languida, è accompagnata da una tuberosa non squillante, ma dolce e raffinata.
Il profumo ha un'allure sofisticata e retro', è morbido e resistente al tempo stesso.
D'Annunzio scriveva a Luisa Baccara, sua eterna amante, pianista sensibile e colta : "Stasera indossa la veste d'argento e lo scialle bianco e nero".
Immagino questo scialle asperso di Honour Amouage, una femminilità d'altri tempi, un amore dolente, costante, idealizzato.
Un profumo di classe, per gardenia-addicted.
Evocativo e fine.

miletas89

I expected this to be thicker, heavier, creamier, and more lush than it is. Not bad, but is instead very green, fresh, and aquatic.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

I instantly fell in love with Honour Woman by Amouage! It opens with the most gorgeous, lush gardenia and sweet rhubarb scent that is a little nostalgic for me because it reminds me of that zebra gum – I believe it was called Fruit Stripe gum when I was a kid. After the initial opening calms down Honour smells like the original Christian Dior Poison on me, just without the honey note. I get a green tuberose with a mix of smokey-sweet incense and opoponax that has a subtle, yet ever present coriander note. I love that this has an elegant tropical vibe to it without being a teenaged sugar-fruit bomb. It’s luxurious, pure class all the way and I feel like I have a little piece of heaven with me every time I wear it!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Beautiful oriental floral, opulent, but not overwhelming. Not sweet, not bitter, but very balanced. Great for specific occasions.

Jettamine
Jettamine

I am not really a white flowers kind of person-- I love them on other people though. The first time I smelled Honour, I was smitten. I loved the greenness in the opening, but the drydown became too peppery and carnation-y on me for my liking. The second time I wore it, I felt like I was drowning, and didn't think I would bother trying it again. However, today, I woke up craving it, some months later. Now it is hot out, and while I still don't feel like it is very me, I realized that on fabric, the drydown smells a lot like the original Lauren from Ralph Lauren! I absolutely loved that scent as a teen, and I have missed it. It has a very similar density and sillage as well.
I think for those who love white flower scents, this would make a really nice everyday scent, as it is just so pretty. Nice for a wedding, too.

edlih
edlih

After having bought and used rather fast 4 times a 5 ml decant, I have bought a 100ml bottle, I love honour I love to smell it on myself, honour, lyric and memoir are the amouages that I like, with on first place Honour I hope I can keep it always in my collection

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

I am not a big tuberose/gardenia person, really, though I do love jasmine.. I have had issues with fracas (too screechy on my skin) and carnal flower (too green, though it may grow on me eventually), SL's criminelle (too mentholy)... however. That being said, this scent may have converted me to a tuberose and gardenia lover!

It is just so, so, purely beautiful. It isn't too soft (I wouldn't be able to smell it if it was) and it manages to be both bold and easily noticed without being too loud or screechy. I don't know how they did that. It comes off as a lovely, creamy, almost "buttery" feeling, heady bouquet. The pepper is not detectable to me at all, and it's not "too" green (although it is fresh.) I absolutely love it, and have been plotting to get a bottle ever since I tried a sample.

I see many people writing reviews on here have changed their mind after sampling this a few times, so this is one I would advise reviewers to wait to develop and even sample a few times before forming an opinion. It just gets more and more beautiful as it remains on your skin, and seems lovelier each time I wear it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I have been searching high and low for gardenia since Marc Jacobs Essence was discontinued. I have beaten myself up for years for not buying a bottle back then. The issue is that I am so incredibly picky about the quality of gardenia perfumes because they MUST smell like the gardenia bushes from my childhood home, and these days they simply don't craft perfumes that well anymore. I tried so many others--Michael Kors, Songes, Un Matin d'Orage, the new Kate Spade...nothing pleased me enough to buy a full bottle. Honour Woman, at long last, is the closest modern perfume I could find to a true gardenia. It is creamy and heady, with a hint of green. If I scrutinize, I can smell black peppercorns, but it blends so well that it does not bother me at all. I am very happy to have found this and to have received a small bottle in a swap.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I put this on blindly this morning without knowing the notes. I wore Epic yesterday and had assumed this one would be similar.
I am quite picky when it comes to white florals, since Fracas was my first love and the standard by which I compare every other white floral. This opened with a very loud green gardenia. Since I work with sensitive co-workers I thought I would have to wash it off. Yesterday's Epic lasted well over 12 hours on me with a gorgeous frankincense that kept me enraptured all day long.
The heart got louder and louder, but then quickly settled into a gauzy veil of gardenia, tuberose, and jasmine. The gardenia is the star, and the tuberose is the co-star. I like my jasmine dirty, and I was hoping it would deepen the composition, but it didn't showed up until almost the end.
The whole composition wears very cold, and feels very distant and formal. I like my tuberose either warm & sunshiney like in Balenciaga Michelle, warm and green like the hothouse smell of Carnal Flower, or warm, creamy and glamorous as in Fracas. This was cold and formal, so it's not for me. My wallet is very happy.
Kudos to those who can pull it off.

Venusia
Venusia

White florals, fine green notes, carnation, spices and amber in the perfect amount and combination so that nothing would hurt anybody's senses.
One of the finest things I've ever smelled in this category.

guest_luna rebel
guest_luna rebel

This is a lovely white floral gardenia and tuberose perfume combined with the immaculately blended notes of incense (frankincense) and spice that Amouage perfumes are so highly renowned for. I don't understand why others find it ordinary, because to me it certainly stands out from the rest of the gardenia-tuberose genre.

I fell in love with the sample I had of this perfume, and the concept of an honorary suicide (depicted in the play Madame Butterfly) and unrequited love on which the perfume was based highly intrigued me. In the last scene of Madame Butterfly, Cho Cho San commits suicide by slashing her neck with her father's sword. She had prepared herself for the occasion by wearing her most beautiful gown and applying makeup, while her maid had adorned the house with strands of white flowers.

I believe that Honour depicts this last scene of Madame Butterfly brilliantly. Dark elements of rhubarb, smoky frankincense, and black pepper (I smell all of these in the perfume) illustrate Madame Butterfly's unrequited love and final decision, while bright notes of gardenia, tuberose, and jasmine (the most prominent notes of the perfume) depict the beauty of the final scene and the dignity with which Madame Butterfly took her final breath.

The white florals are the predominant elements here, but the rhubarb and frankincense are what make the perfume truly interesting. The pepper also gives it a bit of a kick and combined with the other notes, there is a slightly aquatic quality. The gardenia here is fresh and watery, while the tuberose is creamy. The tuberose doesn't shout, however. It is not the strong Fracas tuberose, but rather the calmer complimentary type that flatters the other notes as opposed to virtually extinguishing them.

The fragrance has moderate to strong projection despite on the amount used, and it lingers on both skin and clothing for 8+ hours. Honour is not as strong as Memoir or Amouage's darker creations. However, it has a great quality of being strong without being harsh or suffocating. I don't find myself wearing it often, but this is because I have a preference for gourmands and darker orientals. I would highly recommend this to lovers of gardenia perfumes, as it is the main player here. Hounour is definitely a fantastic take on that note.

As far as the price goes, I was able to get a 3.4 ounce new tester of Honour for $140 from Fragrancenet. So, this is one option if you don't want to shell out $300+ on it.

zayzay
zayzay

Had high hopes for this, but I'm disappointed in this one....and I'm a white floral lover. I get no gardenia. I do (just!) get a lovely, indolic jasmine, a good muguet and tart green rhubarb but then to my nose the rest is swamped by too much coriander and a salty, dirty melon note which I hated so much that I had to scrub it after wearing it for 4 hours (at which point the grungy, seawater-soaked melon hadn't even begun to subside!); after that, in the remains of the perfume on my wrist, I could at last smell sweet tuberose and resins, with a little frankincense, which was quite lovely.

To be honest, I haven't "got" any of the Amouage perfumes I have tried so far, so for me the search continues.

archivist
archivist

I have very little expertise in white florals from which to judge this scent - white florals are not my thing typically speaking. I will say that I find this a lovely, waxy gardenia, and I think the rhubarb is detectable. That brings a fair amount of tart freshness to the scent which is very pleasant. The frankincense also gives a lovely lemony aspect to the scent, and in the mid-drydown the incense weaves beautifully amid the white petals of gardenia and tuberose.

onaona
onaona

Honour (def) high respect; esteem. I'd say that about sums up this beauties place in my wardrobe.

Despite the white floral holy trinity notes(gardenia, jasmine, tuberose) nestle snugly in the heart of this creation, Honour Woman's beauty is more of an expression of notes not so overtly endearing.

For me,it is the coriander...the pepper....the tart rhubarb which pull me back, time and again. They take on the role of celebrating the white florals, uplifting them and preventing the thick, sometimes suffocating effect of strong florals. Here the white floral notes are not allowed to be too creamy. They have been made slightly dusty and a tad spicy by the coriander and pepper and bittersweet by the juicy rhubarb. Perfect, really.

Honour Woman stays on my skin forever and if you are really lucky, and some days I am, Honour Woman's beautiful combination of notes become ever so animalic on the skin. I love how it smells on my skin mixed with my day. My skin, but better....indeed.

mymlan
mymlan

I got a sample of Honour from DaisyM (thank you :)) and OMG, I fell in love right away. This is THE fragrance for us who loves white florals. Honour is not the big ballsy one: It's soft like a silk veil, wonderfully balanced and blended, sweet, powdery with moderate notes of incense, balsam and fresh rhubarb.

I'm not going further into note descriptions as others already have done so very well, but I would like to say that I love Honour a lot more than Hermes Faubourg 24 EdP, which is another great white. It's suitable for weddings and summer gatherings ;) actually any time of the year, and it's on my want list :).

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Honour Woman is beautiful...Fast Forward: Honour Woman Extrait 50ml...Unbelievably beautiful. Scent is so incredibly smooth. Unlike the other extraits which are a powerful version of the parfums, Honour Woman Extrait is different. its a beautiful white smokey clear soft gardenia with the jasmine doing a dance in then tuberose. Its not a single sent it is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL, well composed serendipity.
I was not so swayed by a floral as I was by Honour extrait.
True its a punch in the gut to pay same as edp for half. However in reality its over the moon and only two squirt and the scent goes and goes.
Brilliant.
-----------------
Im starting to love this one. Its the best gardenia on the current niche platform.
I recommend giving it a test.
This is not a complexed parfum. less dimension, no surprises. It is what it is in the beginning and the drydown.
pretty? YES
classy? YES
top gardenia ? ABSOLUTLY DARLING
Whats better than this? EXTRAIT HONOUR.

nanomira
nanomira

It is nice, very nice, but not special. It is one white flower perfume among many. For my nose, jasmine, gardenia, and tuberose (in this order) are the most pronounced, and all the other ingredients are hardly noticeable.

Fizzy
Fizzy

On beginning it is a very nice hybrid between Fracas and Douglas Hannant with a dash smoke, on the end it mellows into a smell like a honey. So strange and not so nice.

nothernlights
nothernlights

I wanted to know more of my obsession. So I travelled to Sweden to Stockholm and to NK. There's good service and expertice, consult and she showed me Amouages fragances and Honour. I never ment to have something so easy and beautiful fragance as Honour is.I ment to have something demanding and more discussionlike type of fragance. But I just hade to have Honour. I can relax with it. And I'm still having something silkiness aroud me, something inviting and very womenlike. Not too bold, not too sweet at all.
The first Amouage, but not the last one.

Adiro
Adiro

Just removed my previous review. My skin must have been contaminated by other smell the first time I tried this.
Anyway, in two lines, Honour is for tuberose what Attar des Roses (K. Mecheri) is for roses, they don't smell the same, but the experience is similar, a homage to the "butter" of the flower on a warm warm base. The overall feeling is beautiful calm and a bit tropical, and the only way I can relate this to Madame Buterfly is in the meditative calmness of the traditional Japanese culture, which Honour displays well.Beautiful and very feminine scent!

Fiona22
Fiona22

I am a lover of white florals but unfortunately Honour is not for me. On me, I get a bit of sharpness and bite, not any of the creaminess I get more some of my other white florals. It is very much a daytime scent that the right person could wear very well and I would probably love the way it smelled on them.
Thank you to chickenpotpie for the sample of this I won in her giveaway!

Whit
Whit

I've had a sample of this for what seems like forever and it's been on my want list for a while now. I recently dug through some of the remainder of my samples and tried it again. While I like it, I don't love it. I will say that I can tolerate the gardenia/tuberose mix in this; most of the time I can't. I finally figured out why I haven't purchased it yet; it smells like Prada's Infusion D'Tuberose on my skin, which I already own. I do love some of Amouage's creations, but this one is just a little disappointing for me to drop that kind of cash. On my skin, sillage is low as is longevity, hence the disappointment. However, I will say that if you're like me and have a hard time tolerating gardenia/tuberose mixes, do try this one as it's not overwhelming at all.

I think if it lasted longer, had better sillage and had a little more "kick", I would probably purchase it. Sorry for the (kinda) negative review!

hanson26
hanson26

Disappointing. Not bad at all, just disappointing. This is a very pretty scent, don't get me wrong, but I hardly get loud white florals. If you want loads of tuberose, gardenia, or jasmine, you won't find it here. This is much closer to Chanel Gardenia than it is to Fracas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to add on to my last review. Now that I got out of the mindset that this is a white floral, I really enjoy it. It is a fruity-floral to me, and I like fruity-florals, but this would fall into the category of "exceptionally nice fruity-florals". It is light, but lasting, and just really, really pretty. Innocent, fresh, beautiful, yet not generic at all. I'm just not getting all the reviews pointing out the gardenia and tuberose, I mean they are there, but this is not a gardenia/tuberose perfume. Maybe it's just because I'm kind of a hard-core white floral lover, I like 'em loud. Anyway, this is great, even if it's not what I expected.

christianne1
christianne1

I am not much of a tuberose or white flower fan outside of a very few fragrances but this is pretty enough to almost convert me! Very sweet and tropical and smells suitable for a princess in a fairy tale. It isn't a scent for me personally because I am hardly the princess type but if you like frilly, feminine and sweet white flowers and have money in your pocket to burn, this would probably be a good choice. And just take a look at that bottle.....princess worthy as well.

Aleksandja
Aleksandja

I wouldn't say there is anything unique about this perfume.. It doesn't take white floral elements anywhere it hasn't already been.

I am actually quite devestated by this one. Not offensive in any way. Just boring.

Not impressive white floral fragrance. Even floral notes are not too clearly. Nothing special(

Nickie
Nickie

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - offensive about Honour. It's a clean, aquatic floral that is perfect for summer.

Silage is good, and stretches a little beyond arms' length, and the longevity is superb, lasting well over 12 hours.

So, why am I so underwhelmed? Well, it doesn't really "go" anywhere. I spray and it stays in 2nd gear, dawdling on the hard shoulder until it's time to wash it off. I want more dimensions, more story telling! I think I can do as well with other, similar fragrances at a fraction of the cost.

However, as I said, there's nothing offensive about Honour Woman; I'm just indifferent to the effect.

EDIT: Am I allowed to change my mind?? :-S

It's two weeks on since my initial test and, I don't know what's happened, but I'm enjoying the linear quality of Honour much more. It's a little cooler outside than it was when I first tried it - I wonder if that's had an impact?

I still maintain that it doesn't really go anywhere on my skin: spritz and stay sums it up. But, for whatever reason, I'm in the mood for linea aquatic florals, so much so that I've ordered a full bottle.

What a turn around! I never saw this coming! :-)

Shorokh
Shorokh

I`ve been trying to make friends with Amouage`s perfumes since a very long time. But only now that I stopped to eat meat 1 year ago, as well as I stopped smoking and taking alcohol in the same time, only now Amouage`s perfumes started to work well with my chemistry. I don`t really know why, but it`s obvious.
However, Honour and Reflection are the only ones that I really liked after a very thorough analysis of the whole line.
It`s a very refined smell on me, with the rhubarb and jasmine duo playing the dominant role. Lily-of-the-valley is pronounced, too, but not overpowering, thanks god. Just a little bit of gardenia which is lovely since I`m not a gardenia fun. The other notes are unimportant on my skin.
Will be nice for the hot summer that we are having currently here in Moscow. On my wish list!

suzrwin
suzrwin

Honour is completely out of Amouage's box of larger-than-life heady frankinscense and myrhh creations (that I love, btw, but don't always lend themselves to everyday use).

Honour is simply one of the prettiest, most feminine tuberose concoctions that I've come across. So well blended, Honour makes the other tuberose scents I've tried (Carnal Flower,which I like, and Fracas, which I don't) seem pretty brash. Honour is more complex than those two and the pleasant, if extremely linear, Diptyque Do Son. Although Tuberose leads the bouquet, it doesn't dominate unpleasantly, and neither is it linear, with wafts of other florals soaring in and out. Honour opens slightly green with rhubarb and coriander, that quickly takes a backseat to the florals. The base isn't heavy--Amouage dialed back the incense type notes, fortunately, but just becomes slightly floraly-woodsy. Beautiful from beginning to end.

As with any Amouage, a dab'll do ya, sillage and lasting power are excellent. This is full-bottle worthy regardless of cost and is at the top of my tuberose list.

Axum
Axum

I am partial to Amouage perfumes (especially Memoir, Ubar, Lyric and Epic). Even so, given what I'd read, I didn't expect to like this one much...

Alas, alack, sigh, it's love...true love! Where the above-mentioned Amouages are fairly heavy and serious in character, Honour smells of sexed-up peaches in the sun at the height of a hedonous summer. The name doesn't fit the juice, but never mind - it's wonderful stuff.

I was planning to embark upon my "Tons of Tuberose" journey tonight, when I noticed how skimpy my sample of Amouage HONOUR WOMAN was--from an emporium which I generally find to be generous. Perhaps my SA "did the math" and determined that for price I was paying for a sample of this überexpensive perfume I only deserved a fraction of a vial? Well, anyway, I decided to give it a try, in keeping with my ongoing effort not to let worthy perfumes evaporate away before I get a chance to test them!

I was needless to say surprised to find that, in fact, the dominant floral note in HONOUR WOMAN happens, coincidentally, to be tuberose. It is creamy and rich, with the texture of something like marshmallow creme. That is NOT to say that this perfume is sweet: it is not. But the texture reminds me of marshmallow creme. I happen to live in the municipality of Somerville, where a fairly famous marshmallow creme named "Fluff" had its humble origins. Still today mothers appear to argue whether a Fluff and peanut butter sandwich constitutes a proper lunch or a dessert. But I digress...

Smooth, silken, and voluptuous, HONOUR WOMAN is a tuberose composition after my heart. It is less full of itself than the ultimate diva tuberose, Robert Piguet FRACAS, but it is beautiful in its own, more reserved way. I believe that the opoponax and frankincense may be contributing to produce this rich, buttery texture, a substance which really could be spread on bread, metaphorically speaking. Or maybe this creation is better likened to the pile of white feathers produced by a down comforter of mine which sprung a leak at one point, filling an entire sofa and the floor around it with light airy feathers.

Amouage HONOUR WOMAN is a seductive perfume for all and only true lovers of tuberose. I would love to have a bottle of this!

myra83
myra83

Ist fine perfumes for me but from my nose on my skin its a bit sweetnes closed to d.k.ny deliciouse on my skin. long lasting yess but its modarate for me.... not to bad!!!!

9-na
9-na

I feel something powderish, lily of the valley-ish, plus carnation, yes, it's kind of here. And the bitterness, yes.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I received a lovely sample of this fragrance and I am in love. For daywear I always choose a white floral or a white floriental. I love gardenias and this is the first fragrance I have ever found that does gardenias right. The gardenia is so perfectly balanced by the tuberose, lily and jasmine that all the aromas come together in perfect harmony. no one flower overhwelms and the overall effect is like a Mozart piano concerto- balanced perfection. The base notes add just enough spice and a tiny bit of dark to balance out the lightness of the floral topnotes and heartnotes. I am surprised that this fragrance has not been more reviewed as I think it is truly wonderful. But of course I have not tried Amouage Gold yet!

pynkgirl

So I've been a fragrance lover for years but now I am getting more into niche. This is one of the few niches I have tried and I'm in awe! Boy do i love this! The gardenia is done so right, not in an old lady way, but it a more youthful way. I think this is elegant and perfect for a date or everyday. I think the price is steep but it doesn't take much of this.

pynkgirl

Man do I love this! This is so elegant and exotic! Spicy floral! yum!

[email protected]
lenaspare@mail.ru

Can anyone explain to me why the retail prices are so much higher than on amouage.com?

cryptic
cryptic

When I heard that Amouage was launching a white floral, I was afraid that Honour would be something like Amarige on steroids: loud and proud and way too big for my liking. Also, I was a bit confused by the fact that the fragrance was inspired by the Con Onor Muore (To Die With Honor) aria from Madame Butterfly. Huh??? Ever since seeing the movie Fatal Attraction, I've associated that aria with a crazy woman sitting on the floor and flicking the lights on and off whilst listening to loud opera. At the very least, I was expecting Honour to be somewhat melancholy a la Mitsouko based on the inspiration material.

Imagine my surprise when Honour turned out to be soft and stunningly beautiful in a totally understated way. I've never come across a more heavenly combination of gardenia, tuberose, jasmine and lily of the valley in my perfume travels, and since acquiring it, Honour has become my most-complimented fragrance. The tuberose in Honour has been tweaked to eliminate the more in-your-face aspects that make Fracas difficult to wear, at least for me. Unlike Carnal Flower, Honour aims for a cinematic white floral as opposed to an accurate representation of a single flower.

In addition to the gorgeous white flowers, Honour features some rhubarb in the top notes that lends a fresh green feeling, as well as vetiver and incense in the base notes which make for a lovely drydown. Sillage is moderate and longevity is excellent. Warning: Honour contains a rogue note that has been variously described as aquatic, melon and pond water. If you find that sort of marine note revolting, you probably should give Honour a pass.

harazat2002
harazat2002

I wanted to like this a lot, but I didn't. It's OVERDOSE to me. It might be good for those who like strong floral scents. By saying strong, I mean really REALLY STRONG.

Arome Sara
Arome Sara

Honour is a little something different than other "Amouage" and the difference is mainly that the smell is not too lavish and said I would not Oriental, it's a Cinderella. For my nose is very clean and smell fine, white flowers and cream reminded me Pure White Linen by E. Lauder, of course, but Honour is sophisticated, but at the price at which I sold to this beauty and did not invest mainly because of the fairly small silagge and easy interchangeability of other scents. If I got it as a gift so it definitely will use on a daily wear is perfect for me.

Amouage Honour's beautiful, white and gold bottle and its white floral description had me intrigued from the very word go. I was expecting the world I guess you could say, especially due to it being a fragrance from one of the most expensive niche brands on the market.

What I smelt was nice, but mediocre at best. This is nothing like the strong, sillage monsters that Amouage is usually known for. Honour is subdued and pure, nothing overtly daring or bold about this fragrance whatsoever.

The gardenia and tuberose in Honour are creamy and natural smelling, with the subtlest butteriness which reminds me of a quieter and less complex version of Fracas. I don't mind this blend, particularly the opening, which settles rather pleasantly on the skin despite its quiet nature.

In the heart, I found what many other reviewers found, a slightly disturbing aquatic note, which tends to smell a bit like melon. The composition took on a fresher feel, suggesting that Honour may be more suitable for warmer weather, then suddenly pepper hits you in face, shortly followed by dry vetiver that certainly adds some complexity, but I can't say that it blends too well with the creamy white florals.

Amouage Honour could go both ways. You'll either love it or hate it. I don't have a strong dislike for it, but I don't enjoy the way it wears it on my skin. It smelt a little too generic and plain for my liking, and I was disappointed that I didn't get to smell more of the rhubarb and carnation.

The drydown is rather dusty smelling on my skin. I like its concept, being loosely based upon the highly emotional opera, Madama Butterfly, yet I don't feel any of that emotion being portrayed on my skin nor from the bottle. The longevity is good, yet as I mentioned previously, the sillage is kind of weak.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The top notes come across as a crisp, green floral, and I find the effect of the rhubarb just delightful here (albeit not specifically identifiable as a note). I didn't get any pepper or coriander, for some reason.

In the heart, my skin picked up mostly sweet jasmine, but something muddied it. It could be the vetiver which seemed to overwhelm the basenotes.

Honour didn't quite develop any warmth or sweetness in the dry-down, which I honestly had been expecting due to the opoponax, amber, incense and leather that are listed as notes. Instead, the scent concluded as a rather dry, grassy (haylike) aroma that felt off-balance on my skin.

uninco
uninco

Disappointment. Reminds me of Ellenisia von Penhaligon´s. It´s too simple for Amouage.

talnyc
talnyc

I was given a sample of this scent from Bergdorf's and it DID NOT smell nice on me. It was STRONG and overwhelming. I gave the sample to my friend to see if it would agree with her body chemistry and sadly, it did not. She thought it was too strong as well. The combination of notes led to me to think that this was going to be a wonderful scent, but instead, I was very disappointed.

Oh well for me.

Flygirl319320
Flygirl319320

I was looking for a specific scent I felt in Dubai and found this elegant scent that I thought was not worth the money but it is really worth it.
It is staying all day on your skin, very seductive and light with a such delicate composition. I will definetly continue using it because it can be used for winter and summer and it gives this feeling of freshness with seduction and selfesteem.

Catnip
Catnip

Honour opens with a gently green note, underscored by white flower petals. There is only a faint hint of creaminess in the development. I was initially concerned about the incense, but it does not dominate the composition, certainly not in the heady way it does in Amouage Memoir.

However, this is not an entirely white-flower scent. Wait a bit, and Honour would have a slightly "darker" story to tell. Interestingly, I don’t feel the spices as top notes; they appear for me much later, in the drydown, along with the subtle presence of incense--a signiture note for this house.

Honour will not make a loud statement, and what I like in it is exactly its quiet, understated elegance. Although it is not loud, the fragrance is rather tenacious on my skin and lasts a whole day.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I ordered a sample based on the bottom and top notes, which struck me as tantalizing, but the middle tier gave me pause.

Note to self: the mid tier wins out. This opened with a burst of banana laffy taffy, and I was ready to write it off. However, in the spirit of fairness I gave it a test run and here are my imressions:

Perhaps its the rhubarb, but this reminds me of Malle's Parfum de Therese. Therese has a prominent melon note on a woody, salty base, and the contrast is pleasingly dramatic. For the first 45 minutes I had that same drama here, but the melon was sweeter and the base more faint.

The 3-6 hour mark was white floral giddiness. This phase grew weary on me, as I am firmly a 'low notes' gal, and there was no hint whatsoever of leather, incense or amber.

Sillage is impressive, as 8 hours later I still detect it. When it fades its more pleasant, but still too sweet for me.

IMO, only those who can bathe in gardenia or tuberose will appreciate this. I can't, and will be passing it on.

jtd
jtd

Sits somehow comfortably in its own world between the 'proper' white floral and the tropical floral. Captures the best of both and completely draws me in.

pdxhb
pdxhb

I have only tested this via a cottonball so far as the samples are slow to get here. I went to the Perfume House on my day off last week and wanted to explore florals. My old standby, Molinard de Molinard, just isn't up to the task post-reformulation...

Anyway, back to Amouage: I took on whiff and was transported. This is a big bouquet of white flowers but it doesn't overwhelm. In fact it goes straight to my heart the way a summer breeze makes me smile to myself. It's just happy. But honestly and not one iota of insipidness. All of those flowers have a backbone, & there is a sparkle from the vetiver and pepper right off that provides balance.

I swabbed on the bit they spared to experience the full range of drydown. The white flowers really stayed with me and amber peeked out after about 20 minutes. The amber and a touch of incense were the most pronounced notes hours into wearing it. I can't wait to give it a real test of a few days to see how this goes. I suspect expensively given my unreasonable love for Gold...

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

Fazil , it's funny what you say about snobbery . You are so right about Amouage . I had heard that Harrods won't allow men in jeans into the shop. I phoned Amouage to ask if they had a dress code. They were not sure what I meant but then said "Oh Madam wear what you like of course you are most welcome" Honour is gorgeous and Amouage will always have my respect.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

Allpur, i also bought mine from KLCC, one thing about amouage in KLCC is they dont look down on you, regardless whether you are sophisticatedly attired nor casual bermuda trousers with slippers, if they have an extra samples they give you, unlike other brands which is very snobbish like Dior, Chanel etc branded brands, they look down on you, i hope the other brands read this.. as for amouage though it is very steep in price, however you only need a little spritz to last until night time, unless you work direct under the sun, it will evaporates faster though it still last till late in the evening, and you only need to buy one bottles to last for years.Compared to other perfumes which you have to apply every two hours to smell the beautiful aroma..try it you wont regret it..

allpur
allpur

Really, this fragrance is the ultimate joy in the white floral category. Yes, it is very expensive, but it is worth every single penny. I was very happy to receive a sample of it at the Amouage Boutique in Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur) from the promoter. She's very kind and decent. Her generosity to give the sample simply makes me feel I really have to go back there and make a purchase of Amouage Honour for Women. The fragrance lasted for a long time, even when wafted from the fingerboard on which Honour for Women was sprayed. I am simply mesmerized by its beauty. In Malaysian currency, a 100 ml will cost RM 900++ and for the 50 ml the price is RM 600++.