Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

metallic
herbal
yellow floral
The Library Collection Opus X Amouage for women and men Pictures The Library Collection Opus X Amouage for women and men Pictures The Library Collection Opus X Amouage for women and men Pictures The Library Collection Opus X Amouage for women and men Pictures

The Library Collection Opus X by Amouage is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. The Library Collection Opus X was launched in 2016. Top notes are may rose, red rose and rose; middle notes are geranium, leather and varnish accord; base notes are metallic notes, laotian oud, ylang-ylang and ambrarome.

May Rose Red Rose Rose

Geranium Leather Varnish accord

Metallic notes Laotian Oud Ylang-Ylang Ambrarome

The Library Collection Opus X Fragrance Reviews

Cherry_Darling
Cherry_Darling

This is terrible. Super metallic and the kind of rose that makes me gag. Sorry lovers, just not for me this one. It's super intense I'll give it that, amouage is always top notch on longevity.

Englerowo
Englerowo

*the best :D

fuffilina
fuffilina

Dark greenery, cool sandstone walls covered in moss, rusty crypt doors, high pitched roses and metallic geranium beginning to wilt in congealed blood. The perfect date night perfume for vampires.

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

This is currently the fragrance I am craziest for. This is amazingly beautiful. The smell of varnish and rose is beautiful.
I can understand how this will divide people. I am in the group that will sing it's praise. The complexity and depth of the rose is what impresses me particularly. There is a debate to whether it smells natural or synthetic. This scent makes me feel special when I wear it. I feel all the more special knowing it takes another special person to fully appreciate this masterpiece.

adrienn99
adrienn99

to me this is just a green take on rose, accentuated by the geranium...think it is nice and has its own charm although it is definitely not a crowd pleaser. Lot of personality though. :)

framorena
framorena

I really LOVE this, the strangest it seems the more I crave to smell.
I smell a great amount of clove and rose, and the metallic-cold side is right to prevent this to become an other spicy rose scent like tons we already have here and there... but are right to make this a winter perfume that warms up your cold evening to make you shine in the room you arrive.
And the rose... what a fantastic one! Not girly, not green-fresh, strong but not heavy even if squeezes in your nose to turn on your brain and your happiness!
I can't wait for Xmas I'm afraid!

gatsby
gatsby

horror, maybe the worst from Library collection. The acrid metallic/bloody notes and mortuary rose be gave me a huge headache, reminds me of hospital salon, humid wall. The only one thing from earth I can detect is a pungent funeral bouquet, thanks God I bought only a sample.
Worst amouage experience so far!

donnAPic
donnAPic

very rose-smelling indeed, but it's too strong, doesn't have anything that would soften this strength that gives me headache immidiately

haschm
haschm

I'm wearing this scent 4 hours. And my feeling? 4 hours at the dentist! It smells realy like amalgam!

Calvini
Calvini

As strange as it smells, I actually find it quite pleasant! Almost a masterpiece even (I've never smelled anything like it)! It's an very unrealistic rose, so I wouldn't even call it rose centric.. Yes it smells like varnish, but much better than any real ones! (my violin does not smell this lovely) It's all about the fantasy here, and the gorgeous bottle & box definitely helps

mshilov
mshilov

Everybody is talking about roses here... But I have completely different sensation of this fragrance. I tested it several times, and was surprised with rather specific smell, not as beautiful and bright as the bottle and the box. Finally today I said to myself: eureka! It smells exactly as an old geranium plant at my aunt's house, always standing in a guest bedroom and disturbing me a lot with it's obtrusive aroma... I was not surprised then to find geranium among the ingredients listed above for this fragrance. I just don't hear anything else and I truly wonder if someone is going to pay a fortune to smell like a houseplant in an old lady's house.

NataliaChudo
NataliaChudo

I have heard things. Terrible things on this one: it smells like blood, like roses at the funeral, it is dark and unpleasant but really?? It is just a rose. A plain ducking rose! Quite pleasant one-and I hate roses, by the way. The only rose I can tolerate is one in Rose Ikebana and in Tresor. And this one. Rosy, pleasant and not scary scent! Give it a try.I find sillage be notable but staying power-well, no so prominent. Give it a try and don't be scared!

Bbjr
Bbjr

Rose water. Reminiscent of funerals. Much too feminine. If there's Oud in here as the notes suggest, it's completely lost on me.

farang
farang

A metallic rose. I am a fan of rose fragrances, the good ones, and tried this on my skin. It projects rather a natural rose that shines through, but via a metallic prism. The metallic note is rather penetrating and may be due to the 'varnish' or solvent note mentioned.

I am afraid it did not work out for me. I much rather go with Lyric Man which is one of my favourite fragrances.

Amsha13
Amsha13

They say it's all about rose. A bloody varnished one! But this gigantic furious "Rose Beast" shows much more when it settles down.
Initially, many aspects of rose bloom spontaneously, overlapped with a full bodied geranium that natural nuances make it feel raw, green, spicy and sweet. Firm structure of this massive floral facade is made of leathery, resinous and woody scents.
A good presentation of the concept (The Red Violin movie) gets completed with metallic accord and a touch of oud. You can also smell an animalic undertone and some strong sweetness with a kind of vanilla-like character all along this composition.
This fragrance looks from a different angle to Rose and plays close to the border of deconstructivism.

side note: The opening smells like rose water we use in funerals and religious places here in Iran. So Persian people rarely like this perfume.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A bright, juicy burst of luscious rose and geranium, minty, metallic and subtly sweet. The opening also has tinges of a dry woody incense accord that reminds me of aged church pews, but this image is fleeting and only lasts a few moments.

What makes the scent ring clear as a bell is the 'varnish' note which lends a solvent, vaguely fruity acetate feel, hovering somewhere between peach and sellotape, with the slightest hint of anisic sweetness, almost boozy. It's quite intoxicating, perhaps a bit too glaring if over sprayed.

What delighted me more a few hours later, was a velvety, chocolatey warmth that I guessed might be patchouli (not listed). In fact, the dry down on skin turned quite gourmand to my nose, similar to that of "1969" by Histoires des Parfums, which also has a fruity plastic vibe alongside its prominent chocolate+rose note.

This stuff has monster projection. After spraying myself, I visited a coffee shop and a couple came in and asked the shop assistant where the beautiful rosy-vanilla smell was coming from; they wanted to know if they could have that in a tea. It must have been the "Opus X". My wallet that held the tester strip in my pocket still smells of sweet rose wine, even 9 hours later.

I can see the red violin concept in "Opus X", particularly in the opening few bars of churchy oud. For the briefest of moments I imagine resting my nose against an old lacquered violin and inhaling the history through the worn wood, but mostly it's that intense geraniol and sellotape combination which dominates.

It won't be for everybody, but no doubt a very distinctive rose for people who want to stand out.

Q80
Q80

This is not a rose as much as it is alcoholic cocktail! Allot of delicious cocktail syrups with more of fruitti tastes> Although i can sense the sharpness of the roses but not as much as classifying this fragrance in the fruitti sector. The first sprays splashes plums and sugar syrup with more of happy sweetness, and as it calms down it turns a bit on the rose side but not sharply only the taste of harshness appears rather than the whole roses.
I personally liked it because of the juicy fruits in it.

Wit_Siamese
Wit_Siamese

Opus X | inspired by the film "Red Violin", is lacquered red roses with metallic sheen.

Rose+Oud combo has been done in million variation, it is interesting to see Amouage finally trying this theme. OPUS X is another unique take on This combo & this prestige house manages to make it interesting from the start to the dry down.

IMO, this is one of easier to wear Amouage, but it is so distinctive that you need to be confident enough to pull it off.

"Multi-dimentional Roses" the top notes is extremely rosey from variety of roses: Sensual, Aromatic, Bloody. Smell really bloody red.

The mid is interesting, but I can see why some people do not like it. I can detect the varnish accord a lot which is really weird smell for body. Smell of the violin and its box.

Every journey must come to an end, the base notes are what I like: it is traditional Rose+Oud base with a twist to make it not too much like traditional Arabic perfume, the Laotian Oud with somewhat metallic smell accompany with the golden/yellow aromatic of Ylang-Ylang and Ambrarome. The time has changed the bloody violin, now it starts to show its yellow.

This is really unisex, IMO. Intriguring scent, it is quit weird perfume: it is not suitable for everyone, but it is really worth trying.

nada
nada

I totally disagree with Myra saying this is the worst creation by Mr Chong.has has been known to do much worse... But smells are personal choise so I leave it there.

I find this perfume very charming and interesting. At first strong punch of sweet spiciness may seem of putting and not very promising but it actually delivers where so many other more generic perfumes disappointed. It's actually Rose,full of it. I grow many old-fashioned roses for their scent and l can say this is a real thing. Love the warmth of spice,like strong carnation. It's magic,I definitely want one

claudia0219
claudia0219

Opens with rose, but the geranium makes an appearance and there is a metallic tinge to it which I personally love and ends up in this warm embracing and yet metallic geranium rose mix that smells beautiful on me.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Had the immense pleasure and honour to try it today 02/03/16 in London's premier department/ luxury lifestyle store.

It is quite a revelation: the bottle again as usual gives clues on the content that one should look at a 'perfectly layered cocktail' with the darker and heavier ingredients settling on the bottom and the more elusive, higher octane count parts atop, brimming and bursting with energy and zest.

Okay, so the opening is a very cold, sharp and pungent 'green' almost screechy rose with a strong geranium undertone: just like when you break those leaves of the Lemon Geranium types, the ones people would breed and multiply by simple cuttings in cold frames and cold greenhouses in the olden but golden days.

The whole era of this fragrance is like a time-warp, a catapult back into the perhaps Edwardian/ Victorian times, when roses and geraniums were all the rave: Very much a Manet/ Monet or any other impressionist's painting topic.

The picture I actually have in mind, is the small front flower garden of my late grandmother, who planted roses, geraniums and nasturtiums amongst other plants and few veggies in her small patch in front of her house. I was often sent to fetch some chives or parsley for her to chop up and sprinkle over the salads. Every time I'd brush past the geraniums they'd release their essential oils from the leaves with this nostrils-piercing lemony scent. The flowering roses, basking in the summer heat of the zenith, would reveal their blushing, rosy, cheeky warm and flirtatious aromas that would soften the blow of the former tangy, tarty, green bitter nature....and this is exactly what is captured here: warm, sweet, opulent summer roses juxtaposed with these somewhat harsh yet wonderful geraniums. What further amplifies this hot/cold phenomenon is the somewhat chemical varnish note, that cuts through it like a sharp and rusty knife. Back to my granny's garden, she had the space framed with a rusty wrought-iron fence that was painted white and all the runner beans, marigolds and other bushy/ climbers would wrap or envelop around these fixtures. Upon me harvesting nature's treasures the metallic notes made themselves known as well.

Later in the development there is also something yellow (the ylang-ylan) -I am seeing my granny's marigolds endlessly shining into my face- and the dry down is a lovely softer ambery, leather-oud 'outro': A wonderful twist in the end that is completely unexpected after the long fanfare of the roses (3 different types really amplify the rose theme to the max).

In terms of season, I would definitely position this into late spring and early to mid summer.

In terms of competition I am thinking mixing together Frederic Malle's "Une Rose" with "Geranium Pour Monsieur" (of the same house) could perhaps achieve similar results, but you would have to buy two products, so it would likely be more expensive.

All in all a great summer rose fragrance in an already rose-themed saturated market. Given that Amouage had already launched "Lyric" a few years back which is not miles away as a "cold green rose", it is somewhat strange that the house has opted for yet another rose themed product to finish the OPUS range (am I right that this is the last offering for the Opus range?). However, it must be said, this is truly olfactory art and yet another masterpiece for 'natural meets abstract perfumery'.

AMOUAGE, if you were a man or a woman, (or anything in between), I would want to marry you, just because you smell so irresistibly good.

10/10 Masterpiece of an 'old-fashioned' Rose Garden by the farm house captured like a Monet Painting. In fact it could be called "Rosegarden by the Farmhouse".

Dubaiscents
Dubaiscents

I got to try this on at the Amouage boutique prior to it's official release. It is easily one of the most amazing rose scents I have tried. Not just fresh or dark or spicy but, all three developing throughout the journey. The notes don't full explain the scent because it is not just another Middle Eastern Rose/Oud scent. It is truly unique and worthy of the Opus name. There are hints of metallic and what I swear is incense even though it is not listed. To me, it is reminiscent of Opus V but with much more rose. With just one spray the sillage was moderate and longevity was very good. What a way to end the Opus series. Bravo!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

A bit of a long story but I went to the store to try something from MFK when the sales lady informed me that it was my lucky day and the Amouage rep had just dropped off the tester for Opus X earlier today. I've been in the mood for roses recently and this was on my test list. I wasn't too impressed when I first sprayed this on. It seemed too bright and I prefer my roses to be moody and complex. Like me :) However within 15 minutes of exiting the store, I was paying more attention to Opus X sprayed on my right forearm as opposed to the MFK sprayed on my left. The two scents aren't even in the same genre so it's not fair to compare them but as much as I adore and worship MFK, the scent paled next to Opus X. Have you ever heard Bryan Ferry croon "I'm in the mood for love" and just swoon? Well my friend and I enthusiastically agreed that this is one sexy scent that sends tingles and goosebumps all over. She said it reminded her of being in Japanese temples with their distinct woody incense permeating the serene atmosphere (not quite sure how this is sexy but to her it is) whereas Opus X bowled me over with roses galore, dark fleshy voluptuous roses like Angelina Jolie's bee stung lips. Mylancome was right, this is a rose bomb and the projection is Amouage-massive otherwise. Where Opus IX was a tribute to animlic jasmine, Opus X is a flowery ode to lusty roses. There's definitely much more to Opus X than what I'm going on about but I was too distracted today other than noting how amazing I smelt(at least my right arm that is) but I'll revise my review once I get my hands on a bottle. Rose lovers, must try!

mylancome
mylancome

The amouage sales girl let me tried it. It is a bloody red rose bomb, full of sweet Bulgarian rose. A world's finest rose perfume for die hard rose lover.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amouage The Library Collection Opus X fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Amouage The Library Collection Opus X, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Library Collection Opus X by Amouage. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Library Collection Opus X by Amouage represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.