Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Night of Fancy Anna Sui for women

Night of Fancy Anna Sui for women
dislike

Night of Fancy Anna Sui for women Pictures Night of Fancy Anna Sui for women Pictures

To celebrate 10 years of the house of Anna Sui's production of decorative cosmetics, a limited edition of Anna Sui Make Up Color Collection was presented. It includes best sellers and most wanted nuances sold during the previous period, as well as the latest fragrance Night of Sui, which will appear on the market this autumn. What does this night bring and whom will it enchant?

Night of Fancy invites all young women and all those who feel as such, to enjoy and investigate their wildest dreams and fantasies. Feel and experience the mysterious adventure of the successor of Flight of Fancy edition, in new nuances, magical and romantic violet!

The perfume Night of Sui opens with fruity aromas of blueberry with accords of grapefruit leaves and wild strawberries. The heart hides secrets of Stephanotis - jasmine from Madagascar with Sambac jasmine absolute, while the base notes encompass accords of milkshake, olibanum and Cashmeran molecules.

This gracious and elegant edition struts with a top designed in the form of peacock with carved motifs on its tail, and dark floral applications on the glass body of the bottle. Night of Fancy was launched in 2008.

Blueberry Grapefruit Leaf Wild Strawberry

Stephanotis Jasmine

Olibanum Cashmeran Milk

Night of Fancy Fragrance Reviews

hyperfluff
hyperfluff

A blueberry milkshake aroma on a fuzzy, incense-y base.
Very enjoyable. Like a cute baby-girl version of Addict. The frankincense adds a mystical element to the scent. Cashmeran keeps it soft and cozy.
It's different, I like that.
It's sweet, but a subtle, milky 'dark-sweet'...not sugary, so great for warmer nights. Doesn't smell particularly 'young', so good for all ages.
A scent for cuddling under the stars.
Projection is low-moderate and the scent lasts about 5 hours.
I bought this when it first came out and finished my bottle quickly. I had the body lotion too. Very nice.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Night of Fancy

By Anna Sui

Grapefruit Blueberry Wild Strawberry

Middle Nots

Stephanotis Jasmine

Olibanum Cashmeran Milk

What is this? I have never come across anything like it recently. This is a very unique fruity Floriental. It smells good but it's not always easy to wear. It smells like I would do better wearing it in Dubai, or India, or at a restaurant where they serve Asian food. It's gorgeous and aromatic with olibanum an incense note and a rice and milk creamy delicious milk aroma. The white flower in it is the jasmine that smells like night blooming jasmine. The top notes consist of grapefruit and blueberry/strawberry. It's berries and milk or blueberry milk. It almost passes for like a pancake perfume. It's so interesting. It doesn't have a very long life. It's also more on the gourmand side if you can't get over the fruit on the top nor the milk which is creamy and delicious. It's not fancy enough for me but it's very nice. I am just starting to get into this scent. My girlfriend from Dubai got me into it she wears it.

Bottom line: if you like the florals in this stephanotis but more of that jasmine, and you like blueberry and olibanum/rice/milk, a fragrance that tries to be Oriental but is a gourmand at heart, this is for you. It's delicious, aromatic and seductive. I'm also drawn to the design and packaging. This is a very creatively designed perfume. I love purple it's my favorite color. I also really like the charming peacock stopper. If you like good looking attractive perfume bottles on your dresser or for your perfume wardrobe collection this makes a fine addition.

Love it

ShiraJemJem
ShiraJemJem

It smells like creamy blueberry milk for me. Very warm, deep, sensual but has slightly juicy vibe. Unfortunately, it's not my type of fragrance. Pretty but not impressive.

The actual bottle looks absolutely gorgeous. It looks really pretty on my wardrobe.

emmsplace91
emmsplace91

I quite like the bottle of this, I think the purple bottle perfectly conveys the idea of this fantastical night of adventure, fun and mystery. I think the peacock top adds to this theme too. The flowers drawn on the bottle appear to be growing in a very unstructured manner, they look as if they are wild flowers just growing natural, this is no stiff formal garden which adds to the fun, adventurous theme also. I kind of imagine this perfume being one you wear on a night out, and it just gives you the feeling that anything can happen. The packaging strikes a decent balance between being fun and pretty, while not being completely embarrassing and over the top immature.

I like this best as a nighttime fragrance for autumn or winter. You can definitely wear this during the warmer seasons, it might even be better as it's quite soft but for me the colours and general theme of the marketing etc make me tend to opt for it on colder evenings. I think you can definitely wear it during the day as well, it's light enough to do so. I just kind of like going with the theme of a fragrance a bit.

To me, the blueberry is the prominent note coming through here. It's not something I have a lot of fragrances with, and it's not something that I would think to gravitate towards but I really like it here. Together with the strawberries it creates his fun fruity vibe, but it feels more night-time appropriate than many other fruity scents. I also really like the woody, milky base coming through.

On me this one lasts only a few hours. I don't have too much of an issue with that as I'd typically only wear it when I really only need it to last a few hours anyway and I do enjoy it during those hours.

The sillage is quite low, I really like the way it projects when I'm first wearing it. I like that I'll get little bursts of the blueberry and the other fruits along with it as I move around but once it dries down there's almost nothing. You do have a little bit of that milky thing going on, which is nice but it just doesn't project.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Bought online unsniffed because the notes sounded nice. Disappointed when I got it though. Complete blah. It's okay. Quite sharp and dry smelling. Top notes definitely blueberry. Not my kinda thing. I hocked it off on Trademe (New Zealand equivalent of Ebay).

malika1979
malika1979

so cheap and so comforting, i really like this!

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

I like this scent,but find I agree with most of the reviewers on the lack of sillage and longevity.

I don't get blueberries exactly,more of a generic "berry" scent,found in many B&BW scents.It's nice,but again very generic.The scent does become slightly powdery after a few minutes,but nothing too close to baby powder,again perhaps it's the resins in this making that impression.

It's lack of any staying power disappointed me.I have body sprays with greater longevity. And within 30 minutes I could no longer smell it,without sniffing my shirt where I sprayed it.

Overall,a nice,if rather generic sweet berry scent,creamy yet powdery.While I like the initial smell of this,the lack of any projection or staying power moves me to mark the like button.Will I repurchase? No.Would I recommend it to a friend? Again,sadly,no.
The bottle is lovely,with the purple peacock,but sadly,the juice isn't as bold and vibrant as its bottle.

Tessabd
Tessabd

If you want to buy it becouse of the blueberry then don't. I was so disappointed in this scent, it's not fruity at all, it's a heavy floral grandma scent

Christina0065
Christina0065

I want to try this so bad!!! I am in love with all of the notes! :)

icekat
icekat

Night of Fancy is a lovely berry composition, which perhaps is not that unique or complex but it is girly, flirty and pleasant for everyday use. The scent does not have a loud synthetic edge but rather smooth and soft to wear. The sweetness is not overdone and the notes mix well together making this scent a crowd-pleaser.

The berry opening is juicy and luscious and reminds me of a blueberry smoothie. After about 15 minutes, the scent settles into a soft skin scent which is slightly sweet and silky. It does not last long on my skin but it is pleasant while it lasts.

I was seduced by beautiful pictures of the Night of Fancy bottle, so I risked a blind buy. Unfortunately in person I did not find the peacock plastic ornament very attractive. The whole purple color theme and the bottle itself are lovely, but the peacock ornament looks a bit cheap and tacky to me.

I will wear the scent but I will not repurchase it, as though the berry opening is fine, there is not enough complexity and substance to this scent to captivate me. Overall score 6/10.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

OH my gosh I have had a decant sample sent to me through a wonderful member and cannot believe it took me this long to try it and guess what? I absolutely and completely love it. I MUST have a full size bottle now. This is just so gentle, safe, ageless and beautiful. Not overly floral or disgusting. Just absolutely perfect in every single way. This quite possibly might be my signature now. As it dries down I think I might be getting a mild scent of Hanae Butterfly here!

Edited update about one hour after initial spray. Scent is still there but very lite now however this can be one of those scents you can get used to quickly and perhaps not realize it is still very aromatic. I do wish this came in an EDP

Night of Fancy is delicious. I can't believe that it has taken me years to test it. I wasted my time with Anna Sui's other fruity florals when I should have been wearing this.

It's a really soft, almost creamy fruity floral with notes of blueberry, strawberry, milk, cashmeran and olibanum. As you can see, the scent pyramid is fairly unique and diverse, and it shows.

The heart and drydown has a somewhat clean, creamy-soap feel, possibly brought about by the milk and olibanum notes. This blend works well in softening the juicy fruit accords.

I must admit that the bottle is a little tacky, but I suppose it is what's inside the bottle that really counts. I have found myself often disappointed in Anna Sui, so I'm glad I didn't give up on this brand before testing Night of Fancy.

Many have complained of weak longevity, but that wasn't an issue for me. The projection however was on the soft side. I would wear this fragrance again, definitely.

larita91
larita91

I am so disappointed! This could be quite a good perfume, if only it would last...

At first I smell berries and green notes, after that, the drydown becomes a beautiful berry flavoured milkshake, sweet, but not overpowering, it is very comforting. I don't see why people say this is like Britney's Fantasy. Ok, both of them are sugary sweet fragrances, but I don't see any resemblance (neither between Midnight Fantasy and this one).

Sillage and longetivity...both of them are so poor, 7-8 sprays, one hour, and even my friends can't smell it. :(

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I'm so disappointed in this fragrance :( I thought that this would smell like blueberries and creamy milk with a hint of floral to balance it out....well all I can smell are the florals/green notes (maybe the jasmine and grapefruit leaf?) with the milk and blueberry scent only at the drydown. To make matters worse, this scent has the worst lasting power ever and this fades within an hour tops on me :( Needless to say, I'm so disappointed in this scent and I'm not really crazy about the other anna sui scent I have (Forbidden Affair). I think that this will be my last anna sui perfume purchase...

Emilym1992
Emilym1992

I really like this, it has a lovely fruity floral opening, can certainly smell the blueberries. The dry down is milky and creamy. It's a very yummy scent! But, I would only wear it at night because it may be a bit to heavy for the day. Really sweet and romantic :)

[email protected]
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

Got this perfume as a gift. I had high hopes for this perfume. The good thing is that it does smell nice, unfortunately I am disappointed with it's longevity because it only lasts for about 2 hours. Now I'll use this and keep spraying after the scent has fade.

windhill
windhill

i though it would be sweeter or smokier as its name, a night fragrance. well i was wrong. It does smell very light, clean and quite generic. very soapy... smell like shampoo but i like the dry down 'cause it more creamy and smokier.

this is inoffensive and non cloying everyday scent but sillage and lasting power are very low

Dzann
Dzann

I really love this one, sweet and tender fragrance. Definetly a night fragrance not for the day.

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

There is something very addictive about this fragrance. It opens with a strong and juicey bluberry opening, then I get hints of white florals, I can detect tuberose but it must be something else I'm smelling as it isnt listed in the notes. Then it turns into a creamy and soft milky scent which I can't stop sniffing. I think the bottle is a little tacky but it's pretty cute and not a deal breaker.

Princess
Princess

It smells like Vera Wang princess in the beginning, later you could smell the milkshake, i was sniffing my arm and didnt know it had milkshake in it. So i was suprised that i smelled chocolate. But Im missing the blueberry, i bought it because i hoped it would be simelar to BS midnight fantasy
But it was not. It does not smell like MD fantasy or Fantasy
I wish it was stronger and moore fruity, its just so mild and kind of plain

dkny27
dkny27

A very short pop of blueberry fruitiness, seconds in fact, then turning into a woodier fruity floral. Not as sweet as one would think but a bit deeper with good silage. Pleasing for easy going evenings!

arnela
arnela

I got a tester and I'll give him that he liked the smell of fruit. not me. Who wants to smell like fruit? I do not. disaster.

bottle is nice btw!

blueberry
blueberry

A decent scent in the floral fruity category that I normally avoid. It is indeed very blueberrish and darkly sweet but luckily it has moderate sillage and could be a great option when you want to feel relaxed and girly but not scream about it. This is not anything revolutionary or unique, but a really pleasant and relaxing perfume. The jasmine note is detectable and balances the berry note, however, the fragrance would be better if jasmine was stronger and more complex, not just a faint background.
The bottle is a bit too much for me ;), but the scent is OK, still I do not think I would spend my money on it. Floral fruity lovers - Night of Fancy may be really nice for you.

naheed
naheed

Night of Fancy is more on fruity gourmand side and very nicely blended with berries, white flowers, frankincense and seductive sweet vanilla.

Starts with candied blue berries and as this berry note begins to settle, it becomes quite pleasant rather than too sweet. Then there's a very light and airy accord of white floral note but yet berries are quite noticeable. Just as it settles more there's woody-resinous note of frankincense note mixed with vanilla that wafts alongside berries due to which the composition becomes a little incense like in the dry down. Blue berry is the main note through out which enhances its fruitiness with white florals,vanilla and frankincense on every stage.

On the whole,quite a nice and a romantic composition, a bit incensy. Can be suggested for Valentine's.

Lydia16125
Lydia16125

Got this as a Christmas present from my fiance's mother. I love the bottle and as for the smell it's fresh, fruity and fun really nice actually.

I use it after I shower :)I wear it as a base.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

To me it smells very similar to Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori. Because in Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori i smell the blueberry note strongly, which i even do with this perfume, but i think Night of Fancy smells a bit better, since it doesnt have all the sickly sweet notes.

HowlingStarr
HowlingStarr

Sweet, warm and just lovely. I like it very much. Elegant and a bit mysterious. Nice peacock bottle :)

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I have this , and its nice enough but nothing special.

I would go from "like" to "love" if only the overall strength and the Jasmine note was amped up a few notches. I cannot hardly smell anything at all after 30mins , although my partner can. Thats not enough for me though , as i like to wear frag's for myself.

I wont be repurchasing im afraid. . . If only it was stronger !!

i have this prob with a lot of Anna Sui frags - very nice smell but they just too weak for me.

Maybe my nose is "insensitive". Would be good for those who find many perfumes too stong or harsh.

I like em STRONG :)

I have the " Flight of Fancy " and that does last a lot longer , especially when layered with the body lotion . Id buy the "flight " again if i saw it cheap :)....but not this one.

Anna Sui please make your perfumes stronger !!!

PS - great review below and description of notes is spot on !

cheeks
cheeks

If you want a gourmand scent that is cuddly and yummy without being intrusively sweet or sticky, Anna Sui's Night of Fancy would be a good pick. It is a fluffy and gentle dark gourmand for those with sensitive noses. It smells like blueberry milk-shake with a bitter, velvety undertone (the frankincense I'm sure) to balance the sweet notes and prevent it from smelling like you've spilled milkshake all over yourself.

The soft sillage makes this one a delicious, snuggle-safe choice for romantic nights, infact it seems to me that this scent was made for those sort of nights, it is the kind of scent that will draw in your lover towards you to get a better sniff. I think this scent would be most appealing to the below-30 crowd due to its simplicity, and it works well in almost any weather condition. The lack of vanilla is probably why I like this scent, as dominant vanilla notes present in most gourmand fragrances tend to screech out on my skin in a most cloying way. To my delight, this 90%-vanilla-free concoction stays berry-sweet and milky till the very end in a way that's soft, dry and clean.

I own the lotion as well, and it drastically improves the otherwise weak staying power of the scent by atleast another solid 3-4 hours, not bad at all. As much as I like it, I will not be repurchasing once I finish it. There are other scents similar to this one out there with similar 'cozy-soft-gourmand' themes (Escada's Desire Me is one example). I will be sure to enjoy every last drop of it though.

Just another comment, as I notice it being compared to BS's Fantasy, I do like Fantasy when I'm in the mood for it, but I tend to find it much too strong, they may both be sweet and fruity gourmand, but Fantasy is a 'look-at-me' fragrance that is bold and girly, while this one is more shy and tender and dare I say, much less irritating and more grown-up.

imellie
imellie

Got myself one of this because of the beautiful bottle. And the smell....too sweet for me to be honest.
I don't think it matches young girls as the smell is way too mature for them.

angelyalia
angelyalia

Picked this up today after having it on my want list for quite some time. I have always been a fan of the enchanting little flasks Anna Sui has for her scents so I am really happy to finally own one of her fragrances <3

I will admit that it does have a tiny similarity to Fantasy by Britney Spears or even Princess by Vera Wang -maybe- but Fantasy is FAR, FAR, FAR much sweeter. Fantasy also has this certain warmth about it which Flight of Fancy doesn't, it's much cooler and lighter. I think the similarity is there with the initial spray but then once the fragrance has a moment to settle into the skin they are completely different, as for on paper there is barely any similarity at all.

I really like this fragrance, definately for the evening wether it be winter or summer.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

This is one of my favourites to use after the evening shower or bath because my husband loves the fruity and sweet (but not too sweet!) but also clean smell.

I do not think it smells like a Fantasy replacement.
Night of Fancy smells quite clean while Fantasy smells almost sticky.

LaGari
LaGari

I bought this blindly on the plane, and I'm happy I did. Beautiful child-like smell. Not too fruity or sweet, just nice. The only problem is that its not strong enough and doesn't last long either. But still worth it. Not very unique either I suppose, but a nice perfume to have. I'll give it 3/5 stars.

guest_kamainda
guest_kamainda

Dear Sir / Madam,

We are buying house based in South Delhi, One of our esteem buyer wants to import the perfumes of Anna Sui from India to South Korea. So Please provide the information (Indian address and contact detail of Export division) regarding the import of perfumes of BVLGARI from India to South Korea.
Hope for your reply as soon as possible.

Debasish
Kamaindia Trading company private limited.
Email : [email protected], [email protected]

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

It is full of vanilla, vanilla & vanilla.
So is nothing new & like the review below stated it does smell like BSpears - Fantasy, except i find this is the lighter & less sweeter version.
All in all if you already got fantasy then you really aint missing much.

Evitta
Evitta

Sweet, light fragrance. Remind me Britney Spears Fantasy. But not long lasting fragrance.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Beautiful bottle that reminds you of old Hollywood glamour. Its fragrance however, smelled very pop teenish. Fruity floral with lots of vanilla that falls into the Britney Spears Fantasy realm.

Mals86
Mals86

Blueberry, strawberry, and milkshake accord... and a purple bottle. If there were ever a fragrance designed for pre-teens, this is it. And if there were ever a fragrance designed to make the pre-teens' mothers run shrieking from the room, this is definitely it.

I have to admit, in the interest of fairness, that I love Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie -- but so far, it's the ONLY fruity floral I love. Luckily, my daughter (barely into her teens) said Night of Fancy reminded her of ice cream and she wasn't interested in smelling like ice cream. Thank goodness.

(How is it that turning the cute peacock purple made this bottle look about sixteen times cheaper than that for Flight of Fancy?)

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

I've tried this and it smells sweeter than flight. Even though my friend has this, i still prefer Flight. Is it true flight has won 3 awards?

Montie_M
Montie_M

As a whole, it is centered in a scent of powdery berry, coming from sweet-smell of cashmeran mixed with blueberry. But, if we dig further, we will find that green sparkling jasmine toned down the sweet smell a little bit. And, ah, that stephanotis at the very-first-minutes created a nice floral-touch-up, though a little bit difficult to be found.

Finally, my impression is: it's like rubbing my nose against a fluffy white cardigan. Stylish for hot season, perfect for raining season.

F_A
F_A

This is a perfect fragrance for teens or women who love light, flowery, soapy scents. Another fragrance similar to many others. Nothing impressive for my nose. The bottle is nice in the picture. In reality I don't like that cork is made of plastic which makes it look cheap:/