Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

1001 OUDS Annick Goutal for women and men
dislike

oud
smoky
1001 OUDS Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures 1001 OUDS Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures

1001 OUDS by Annick Goutal is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. 1001 OUDS was launched in 2015. Top notes are agarwood (oud) and papyrus; middle notes are agarwood (oud), rose and pimento; base notes are agarwood (oud), birch, guaiac wood and myrhh.

Agarwood (Oud) Papyrus

Agarwood (Oud) Rose Pimento

Agarwood (Oud) Birch Guaiac Wood Myrhh

Essence Oud
Tresor Midnight Rose Elixir D’Orient

1001 OUDS Fragrance Reviews

preciousblack
preciousblack

1001 OUDS is the most gorgeous perfume!!! It's beautiful, so gorgeous!!! Such a rich and deep and luscious perfume. It's one of my favourites - maybe my very favourite, I think? Anyway, it's absolutely exquisite!!! The oud itself is so deep and rich and smoky, and the myrrh!! Beautiful - sensual and intoxicating!! And the birch tarry smell adds a gorgeous dark mystique that I relish!! I relish this divine perfume!!!! I get so many compliments too, and my husband really likes it (he doesn't like many perfumes!) so I wear it A LOT!!! I adore it!!! And it lasts for so long! 16 hours easily! It's just fabulous!!!!!

pearlheart
pearlheart

This is such a glorious oud! So deep, warm, spicy, smoky, very very sensual, and lasts forever! I completely love it, it's beautiful!

mymemoir
mymemoir

This is a beautiful oud; with lovely tar and resins. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Wonderful. Rich and comforting. Loooong lasting, and great compliments!!!! And my husband adores it!

mrs2241
mrs2241

خوشبوترین عطر عودی که تست کردم
توو مایه های بلک عود کلیان...
فقط بعد از یه روز یه بوی بدی ازش میمونه روو پوست

perfumesamplesanddecants
perfumesamplesanddecants

Great resinous, intense oud....This is Annick Goutal oud....there is that light hint of rose in here....

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

Is there anyday an Oud-based cologne isn't launched in the world? I won't be bored. Looking forward to trying this!

chayaruchama
chayaruchama

Well, I was pleasantly surprised -
Not expecting much.
When I put it on my skin, it was wonderful.

pravda48
pravda48

I may get hate for this, but my initial impression of this is that it smells a LOT like Amouage's Fate for Women! (ETA: only from a small spray, from the sample. Spraying that way you get more spices up front; out of the fb it's LOADS of a powdery amber feel + oud!)

Spicy, perfectly blended, powdery, slightly vanilla-laced amber resin. A spicy (hot) pepper edge to the resins, the amazing warmth it brings to amber, lighting it ablaze... and up close a woody, dry oud/papyrus feel. Just the slightest touch of oud's natural 'skanky' tone beneath it all. Just a touch.

I didn't want to be impressed with it, I was skeptical, but the wafts I'm getting from 2 sprays on my ankle are astounding. Touche, Goutal. Touche. This is an OFFICIAL sample - i.e. no chance of a mix up - so I simply don't understand the dislike!

ETA: Doing a side-by-side w/ my decant of Fate. 1001 is much woodier, less fizzy sparkly. In fact Fate leans more towards L'ambre des Merveilles in sparkliness. 1001 is oudier and the comparison makes it more obvious, but I like the darkness it adds. Fate has a slightly soapy bite (narcissus + bergamot) that blends so well with the warm resins and spices, and it floats on the lightest of incense wafts. 1001's sweet touch is stickier, more resinous, rather than Fate's fizzy vanillic feel. Overall the warm n' spicy (pepper) + woody comparison is still there, but 1001 is darker, sappier, woodier.

Tassio12
Tassio12

Horrific. Smells like a household cleaner. They paired some very sharp notes with an overly synthetic oud. The rose is synthetic and sharp. For nearly $300 a bottle, there are literally hundreds of better options.

Scrubber king.

silvereye
silvereye

Tried this in store. Didnt like it and it is not one of the nicer oud fragrances. It is strong but lacks the complexity of real oud. Too expensive for what it is. I had test strips with it on and have accidentally left it beneath my new unopened vera wang Perfume and smelt the horrible powdery dry down thinking it came from the vera wang. Lucky its just the test strip of this frag.

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

I love weird compositions. Although 1001 Ouds doesn't seem to rank as an extreme example of oddness, it does carry that feel of an awkward person who stares a little too intensely, for a little bit too long. Then once conversation opens you find the quirkiness is actually delightful.
I too thought "oh lord, ANOTHER freakin oud!", but this has successfully carried itself in a different direction than what you may expect from the oud/rose combo. In fact, for the most part the rose is sitting somewhere way in the back row, and surprisingly even the oud isn't stomping across the stage in its characteristic heavy boots.
The myrrh carries a steady and hypnotic hum here, which seems to restrain the oud, and keeps the composition as a whole more on the dry side... almost hinting at bitterness.
The papyrus is a fleeting sliver through the papery woods.
As this marches towards drydown a soft shimmer of warmth comes through, and unites the ebbing layers of myrrh, rose and oud.
A classy and poised take on the oud theme (literally. I find myself straightening my posture with each whiff). Don't let oud-exhaustion prevent you from trying just...this...one....more...

nada
nada

I can't believe AG couldn't resist launching something under oud. I though it was so predictable it became a passee.... How many more? Why????! I love oud,but really, this doesn't have to be endless.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal 1001 OUDS fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal 1001 OUDS, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1001 OUDS by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1001 OUDS by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.