Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Le Mimosa Annick Goutal for women

Le Mimosa Annick Goutal for women
dislike

Le Mimosa Annick Goutal for women Pictures

Among all floral scents, mimosa has a special place in the floral perfume garden. Its yellow color and optimistic, joyful and intoxicating sweet fragrance make perfumers create new editions. A special place is given to mimosa in the new collection of Annick Goutal.

Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal created the new fragrance created of their imagination, emotion and idea, the fragrance dedicated to mimosa. Yellow, joyful and fluffy mimosa is a true decoration of nature. Its aromas decorated the composition of La Mimosa, while reminding us of childhood and seduce us with its irresistible charm.

Mimosa absolute from Grasse brings sweet floral aromas gentled with green nuances and softened with powdery iris in embrace of anise. A heart incorporates sweet peach zest with fruity drops that go perfectly with mimosa scent and develop into its brilliant interpretation. A base of the composition encompasses white musk and sandalwood that leave a sophisticated and silky trail on the skin.

Flacon of the new fragrance Le Mimosa has traditional shape. It is decorated with a yellow bow ribbon with black dots. Yellow decorates the outer carton which is also decorated with black dots. The fragrance will be available as 50 and 100ml EDT from March 2011.

Mimosa Green Notes iris Anise

Peach

Musk Sandalwood

Pur Desir de Mimosa

Le Mimosa Fragrance Reviews

mystiquenoir
mystiquenoir

I love it, it's gooorgeous!!!!! Oh it's just glorious!!! So lovely and powdery and sweet peach and flowery, creamy and woody!! It's heavenly!!!! Such a beautiful light fluffy mimosa! Just gorgeous!! I love love love!!! Creamy, gentle, elegant and effervescent, delightful!! The glorious sandalwood dry-down is dreamy, and lasts for hours, I can still smell it 10 hours after I put it on. It's the most delectable, sweet, feminine, dream of a perfume!!!!

Akashia
Akashia

Another blind buy gone sour...

I got the older version with yellow ribbons, before the bottle renewal.

I don't know why but strongest scent that I can smell from this perfume is fennel seeds, which is not even in the ingredients.
After the initial spray, slight peachy scent emerges.

It stays pretty close to skin, and I would say it lasts about 1 hour. I tried spritzing on my clothes as well hoping it would last longer, but no difference.

Le Mimosa is a rather unusual scent, rather spicy than floral.

--Edited--

Sigh... I checked the lot number at the bottom of the perfume, and turned out manufactured in January of 2011.

Considering the shelf life of most perfumes, I guess the scent expired.

Kayse
Kayse

This is another work of art, from the house of Annick Goutal.
Here we have a creamy, natural floral that would absolutely drive me to distraction if I were a pollen gathering insect. It's SO natural smelling.
I daydream about wearing Mimosa in the winter, and pile it on as soon as I start to glimpse spring.
If you love Penhaligons Ostara, you will most likely appreciate Mimosa too, as both are glorious.

Anywho
Anywho

I got a sample gifted of this and was in scent heaven. What an uplifting and joyful concoction this is!! Le Mimosa is absolutely suitable for the young and the not so young and everyone in between. I have never smelled Mimosa before, so have nothing to compare it to, but to me it is a slightly sweet and lemony powdery scent. Wear it on a warm spring/summer day while strolling in the park, to the christening of a baby, to a wedding, to lunch with friends,... and definitely put it on on a drab day when life looks bleak and be instantly transported to scent wonderland with sunshine, laughter and butterflies fluttering carelessly from flower to flower making you dizzy with happiness. That is what I feel when I smell Le Mimosa.

Zetamamman
Zetamamman

Did not work for me. I am looking for something as close as possible to real momosa flowers, but this was much too sweet and gave me a headache.

sofiebgoode
sofiebgoode

Even though i'm not even completely sure that i actually like the scent, it makes me happy when i smell it and has me reaching for it to put it on even for work where i'm not quite sure it's a totally accaptable choice. It smells a bit dirty, but then so does being outside, and that's probably just why. In any case, it does smell like spring to me and lifts my mood instantly.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Faintly sweet, very musky, dusty and dry. Not to my taste. I wish I smelled the iris and the woods, but I do not. There is hardly any development on my skin. I love many Annick Goutals but this one is definitely not a love. If you truly love the true powdery mimosa scent then this may be for you

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I have just tried its vial sample.i put it on my left wrist.i waited for a minute or two.here is the outcome of Le mimosa :

1) I smell fresh n light sweet scent of mimosa flower.

2) I smell anise plant which brings out the cumin-like n licorice-like scent.i do get both on my skin.the licorice-like scent is very tolerable n pleasant to my nose.not overpowering at all.the licorice scent reminded me of lollita lempicka n aquolina pink sugar.these two has the most strong licorice scent i have ever smelled n it's like dominating the whole thing,which I do not like.in Le mimosa,the scent is much better n "well-behaved".

3) As Le mimosa dries down,it turned out to be powdery n musky.iris flower does that powdery job.

Overall,Le mimosa has presented a lovely,sweet n powdery floral cumin-like scent to me.

Although this fragrance wasn't what I expected it to be, I really love it.
That sweaty cumin type note everyone keeps talking about? LOVE IT.
So although this fragrance is called "Le Mimosa", I have to say it's the best peach fragrance I have ever smelled. Completely devoid of the syrupy nastiness of Sophia Grojsman's creations (sorry to her fans).
I get a bit of fluffy mimose in the background and also the anise, but throughout it's life Le Mimose is predominantly a peach fragrance on my skin.
It smells like the more carnal aspects of spring.

Lana148
Lana148

If you are looking for some fun, care free, summer scent, but don't want to smell like all of those girly smell-alike offerings on todays market, try Le Mimosa. It is definitely unique, fresh, very sweet, mimosa - peach (I also smell pear) blend.

sniif
sniif

Opens with peach (with its skin) and cumin/armpit sweat. Well blended. Thankfully, the cumin fades and is replaced with musk. The musk is not Bruno Acampora musc, but gauze-like Body Fantasies musk, making the scent like a niche take on a body mist.

Anyway, the important point is that I actually like musk and I like this perfume more than I'll admit. It's simple, youthful, cuddly, and slightly suggestive. Best time to wear it is summer but it has a warmth that would make it wearable in cooler weather.

Chicbellavintage
Chicbellavintage

Ohh la la, so pretty and well behaved! This perfume makes me feel like a good girl- a nice, well-mannered goody, goody gum drop girl:(

I find this fragrance uncomplicated and work appropriate. Nonetheless- it has a naughty side too:) and it's starts with the opening spray: you get a hint of drunken peaches and balmy citrus flowers- orange blossoms falling off of mewia tress. Then comes the quick dry down of glycerin soap bar and melon- cantaloupe to be extract. People- I live in the South and I am surrounded by Mimosa trees- this perfume does not resemble Mimosas.

An interesting take on chemicalized peaches, cantaloupe and cucumber. And of course, my body chemistry turns this into citrusy sugar- lemony macaroons if you will- during the last hour of life. Decent silage- nothing to write home about-body heat tends to ignite it bit.

It doesn't develop into anything else- which is a shame because the house of Annick Goutal makes such interesting and dynamic perfumes that have a jazz like quality of never ending improvisation and complexity.

I will enjoy it while it lasts and be gone with it once it's done- its a flirty summer romance- not a soulmate fragrance:)

neckar
neckar

Un perfume floral suave, con sabor a fruta, almizcle blanco y la que más destaca: la mimosa muy especial en el corazón de muchos perfumes. Su dulzura me resulta muy seductora.

Caramelle
Caramelle

I love this! It smells like my favourite cocktail; Bellini:
Peach and champagne.:-)

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening stage of Le Mimosa is the most floral moment throughout the whole development. I can smell the powdery iris. Regarding to mimosa, I'm not familiar. Thus I'm not sure.

Then comes the sweet and slightly ripen peach, and it soon becomes the leading role. At this stage, Le Mimosa is more like a peach fragrance balanced by floral notes. The sweetness is delicate, and the whole scent feels casual and carefree. After 4 hours it then turns into a gentle sandalwood and musk trail with a hint of sweetness, and last for another 4 hours.

The sillage of Le Mimosa is soft. It actually is a comforting peachy floral fragrance and easy to appreciate. I like it, but am not motivated to purchase a full bottle.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

I sampled this because I love mimosa and enjoy exploring its different renditions in perfumery but there is no mimosa here! You have to REALLY search for it with all your might, your ENTIRE brain power. I'm talking full, hard concentration only to be "rewarded" with the faintest of whispers. It is so fleeting and practically nonexistent that there is no sense discussing it. The perfume itself is not bad. It is a nice, harmless and sweet scent. I reckon the very chemical peaches have a lot to do with this. I hope Eau de charlotte is a lot more promising.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Very SPrInG :) ,I love this one :)

ladybradshaw
ladybradshaw

I just received my .83 ounce bottle of this and I was SOOOO excited. I love fresh peach and mimosa...

Sadly, it get very little peach- in fact what I smell most is cumin and unripe pineapple... In fact (on me) it smells exactly like some pinneapple jicama coleslaw I get at a mexican restaraunt nearby. Delicious side-dish, not so delicious perfume on me.

I may keep it and try again in spring or I may let it free to the universe- message me if you are interested.

EDITED TO ADD: I shook the bottle out of fury and resprayed. I got more peach this time, there is a little less cumin and more green-ness. The peach is more pleasant, not sickly sweet... Perhaps I will shake it up again.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Another great fragrance by Annick Goutal.
To me it smells like a sweetened unripe peach, with a faint anis note. Not sweetened by vanilla or anything sugary. No it is only sweetened by the delicate, powdery and soft smell of mimosa. It is absolutely delightful. One of those fragrances I reach for for instant happiness.
I find Le Mimosa very unusual. It may not be the right one if you're looking for a Mimosa Soliflore; I smell more mimosa in Summer by Kenzo or Champs-Elysées for instance. L'Occitane's mimosa is truer to the real smell of mimosa blossoms.
To me Le Mimosa it is more fruity than floral. But it is a wonderful peachy fragrance, more in the vein of the green Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey.

Annick Goutal LE MIMOSA is quite sweet. It lists aniseed and iris among its notes, but there seems to be violet or vanilla or perhaps both as well. In fact, the sweetness level is on a par with some of the Laurence Dumont LES SENTEURS perfumes. Basically, if you do not like sweet perfumes, you will not like this one.

That said, I find LE MIMOSA to be entirely natural smelling. This a mixture of a few different flowers, including mimosa, with peach, and the peach becomes more and more marked in the drydown. I like this composition, but it is very simple and reminds me of something that might be produced by Jo Malone or found in the Demeter All Naturals collection.

People looking for a mimosa soliflore may be disappointed with this perfume, so I'd definitely advise that you try before you buy. At the same time, I'm pretty sure that this would make a good gift for someone who is used to wearing mainstream fruity-floral fragrances, as this one smells much better than those.

ION
ION

Le mimosa (strange for a flower to have a masculine article) is a rather artistic approach of the marketing department since the smell is somehow irellevant to the name of the fragrance.
This is one of the best in Goutal's line of female compositions, very formal, special and modern, not too complicated but thick and juicy nevertheless, a bit too chemical for the spirit of the house but more refined than the other famous perfume (and considerably more successful) with which, smell pretty much the same.
I like it a lot but remember; this is not a very unique smell.
Sillage is ok. Longevity is good due to the abundance of synthetic musks in the formula.

daisyM
daisyM

With this creation of A. Goutal, I can officially declare that my quest for the perfect mimosa scent (unlike the one for the perfect rose) is over. Mimosa is a shy and quiet flower and its evasive smell is difficult to capture, and even more difficult - it seems - to make it last.
Artisan’s mimosa disappeared the moment it touched my skin, and l’Occitane stayed too close and was not very lasting either. Goutal’s stays for about 3-4 hours, which is quite a feat for a mimosa scent. Second place in my own rating goes to Yves Rocher’s Pur desir de mimosa, however lasting power leaves to be desired. Third place goes to Versace’s Ethereal essence which is mostly about mimosa to my nose.
Back to Goutal, it’s exactly like a pure and fresh bunch of yellow mimosas, and stays very much that way all along. Judging from the other reviews, it’s advisable to try it first.

oasis1313
oasis1313

I grew up with a mimosa tree, so I know it when I smell it--unfortunatelly, I don't pick up any mimosa scent here. Eau de Charlotte is more aromatic with mimosa (along with lilly of the valley). Only available in an EDT so far (we need an EDP to truly rate this one), it just smells powdery in a generic way and even that faint whiff is gone all too quickly. The yellow/black polka-dot bow is cute, though I can buy ribbons much more cheaply.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I don't know if I've ever seen such an even split of loves, likes and dislikes on a fragrance other than Le Mimosa. I haven't experienced the scent of real mimosa flowers; my impression of what mimosa smells like is based only on other mimosa fragrances I've smelled (such as L'Occitane Mimosa de l'Esterel). Based on that limited knowledge, I can't say I smell a lot of distinctive mimosa. In fact, I wouldn't say floral notes are the focus of this perfume at all. I have to agree the name is misleading...this really isn't a fragrance about mimosa.

Le Mimosa is green, fresh, and transparent...rather tea-like, especially in the first few minutes it's on my skin. The anise is one of the strongest notes for me, lending a deliciously mild spice and slightly sweet vegetal quality. I also notice the peach, but it's not an overly juicy or sweet peach. It's more the scent of a barely-ripe peach with the skin still on. There's also a soft musk that helps blend everything together, giving the whole composition the feel of dusty-warm pollen. I really enjoy it.

I don't find Le Mimosa that sweet, so I am surprised by some of the reviews that describe this as a sugary fragrance. I find it fresh, soft, intimate and warm. It is a bit lacking in staying power, but overall it's a lovely fragrance that definitely gives off that nostalgic sense of lazy spring days.

pansylady
pansylady

Strong chemical blast from the one, very unusual for Annick Goutal- reminds me of Kenzo Summer

coppertone
coppertone

1. unlike any other
2. understated (very)
3. lasts for a good 5 hours with a really lovely musky trail.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I like it in the first 20 minutes, it does remind me of the breath of spring, the mimosa is soft and smells like real green plants. However the intense peachy notes let me down a bit, which is just like peach flavored bubble gum.

Mimose is in the beginning but it is not the theme so it may not be worthy the name. A girly and casual one, a nice-to-have. I like the packaging though.

susan1326
susan1326

Mmmmmmmm....springtime on a grassy, windswept hillside! I love the combination of the floral notes with the grassy herbs. So in tune with natural scents that it can pick me up on any down day I'm having. It smells like springtime in a bottle-and is the next best thing to being outside! At last I have found a light scent that doesn't dissipate in 30 minutes!

beatrix75
beatrix75

very elegant luxury smell si nice so fresh but in the same time powedery soft cashmir like wonderful!!TOOOO expensive!!!!!!

belissena
belissena

I agree with you: old sweat, bitter and musky in a veeery bad way! So sad, because I love the bottle and the yellow package with dots!
Update: I've tried Le Mimosa on my skin and after the first embarassing minute - bad body odour! - it become, powdery, delicate and slightly green. I like it! I need a little time before going out with this perfume on, but after that it's beautiful.

Tjaldur
Tjaldur

I had the exact same reaction as Anatomyjane - old sweat! Not for me, that's for sure!

Anatomyjane
Anatomyjane

The second I smelled it I almost dropped the bottle. To me it smelled like old sweat...I couldn't make out too many flowery scents.

meugie
meugie

LE MIMOSA
ANNICK GOUTAL

This is a fragrance that enraptures me and I am wondering why, since the elements described, except the commonplace musk, does not cry out for any memory in particular, do not have that characteristic of kitchen smell that both I appreciate on a perfume. I wonder: what is it special to me in here?
Actually, the mimosa not highlights to the point of naming the perfume; at least on my skin is peach sweetened by vanilla that stands out. Yes! Peaches with cream are a dessert that sounds good, but not enough to evoke reminiscences, partly because in Brazil the beautiful peaches of Christmas’ desserts were acquired on cans (bhlé). Anise is unnoticeable to my nose and this is a scent that I can identify well in my skin, as I do in Mandragore, for example.
The Mimosa, to my experience, gives its air in the very opening, along with the other fresh and light notes, they do not endure almost time to be really felt. Shortly, emerges peach and vanilla scent, which remains throughout all the life of perfume. It is the Frutal side predominating over the floral one, what usually occurs in EDT's. It is striking that the concentration has even this ability to highlights the fruit notes. I've been searching on the site of the Maison and could check the “Le Mimosa” is produced only in this concentration. No EDP, which would have the magic of highlights Floral notes ... I’m not expert, but I dare here in a statement that an EDP would bring us the promised Mimosa.
However, as I like fruit trees, forget the Mimosa and Iris - concentrate in peach. So, I see that it is juicy, of those peaches that drops the seed without effort and has very, very fleshy. It is no longer a single peach because the sweet that emanates from it is enough to give the sweet tone to fragrance, needed little vanilla, just enough to a gourmand air. There, as I forgot the Mimosa, I could notice better the musk and sandalwood in background and these oriental elements, although more than ordinary in the art, always will bring back the memories of the years 70’s, when I was a teenager. Yes, in the years 70’s used lots and lots of musk and sandalwood incense, but never was combined the musky smell to a Peach with crystals of sugar vanille up . Slightly sweet with a little sour in the background, without being nauseating, that is my sensation. In the line of Petit Cherie, but without being equal or similar, even because we have the powdery of the Musk.
Somehow, I managed to make my trip to the kitchen and exploring the recondite scents of my memory, abstracted the name of the perfume to focus on fragrance. In this way, despite being a fan of Maison, from my point of view, the proposal of creating in her review does not refer to the creature. I don't see it as a fresh and spring aroma; the setback, I prefer to use it in the days of autumn, when the leaves are red or even falling from the trees.
With this all I mean is: although the “Le Mimosa” is not the "Garden" we all expected of it, still is a very good perfume. As for fixing (around five hours on my skin and the whole day in the hair), is the normal of a EDT, remembering that the brand Annick Goutal is not conspicuous by their highest setting; however, the quality of essences used and how to blend them produce unique fragrances that are worth using even the necessity of reapplying throughout the day. Note here: the amount of perfume applied does not compensate for the setting you want...
In most of the perfumes of the House are elegant, leave no trace, and are perceived by others when closer to us; However, in “Le Mimosa” we have to be careful because of musk, especially if for use in hair.
Finally, a former brand appreciated, on the site of Sack's Brazil, suggests mixing it to Petit Cherie, Eau de Charlotte or Vanille Exquise to accentuate the gourmand side, putting always sweeter first. (Yes, the Annick Goutal perfumes can be used combined and we can check in the website of the Maison a few suggestions how to do it).

fumehead
fumehead

Springtime on the cusp of summer is what Le Mimosa is, why all the negative reviews? I don’t get it, this is really good. It’s a floral fruity for grownups that showcases Mimosa, without being a ho-hum soliflore.

Le Mimosa is sweet, powdery and playful, polka dots ‘n’ all. It wears like a smile, and takes you on a frolic across the cote d’azure. Powdery mimosa meets sweet peachy peach on this fun filled girly adventure, but to say it’s all peaches and cream is an underestimation!, this little missy goes totally barnyard with an ‘Amaranthine’-like sandalwoody musky milkyness, naughty and nice.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Il profumo ideale (non solo) per festeggiare
l'8 marzo!Primavera e solarità racchiuse in un flacone molto vezzoso

The scent of mimosa is something I'm very familiar with. I grew up on a property where this stuff bloomed everywhere. I played under it as a child and delighted in snapping off branches of the stuff, yet as I got older, it gave me dreadful hayfever.

Le Mimosa is close to the scent of my childhood, but unfortunately it has been overshadowed with syrupy peach and sugary musk. I see this fragrance as being a delightful, bright little Spring scent, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect more from this release.

At times this fragrance is a little powdery and honeyed. To me it doesn't smell like mimosa, instead it smells like the inside of a beehive or another flower altogether. It's pleasant and unique so to say; very sunny, bright and yellow just like mimosa blooms itself, but still to my nose, this is not mimosa.

In all honesty it's mostly peach, powder and a dash of icing sugar. It's unfortunately quite linear and predictable after a while, which leaves me a little lost as to how to describe it. It's a fragrance that's trying to follow in the footsteps of the sugary and pretty Songes, but somehow it fails to live up to its proud predecessor.

The drydown is quite musty, yet it's only then that I sensed a glimmer of sweet wattle tree blooms that made me long for home. My first full-blown fragrance love, which I find reminds me of home a lot more vividly, is Burberry Weekend for Women. So for fellow Australians like myself that long for that beautiful scent, Burberry Weekend might soothe some of your cravings.

Le Mimosa was unfortunately poor in terms of longevity and sillage. It's times like these that I tend to curse Annick Goutal, even though nothing has come to rival it as my favourite niche house as of yet. I will use my Le Mimosa sample, but I won't be buying a bottle anytime soon.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

After trying so many Annick Goutal scents, I was expecting Le Mimosa to be very gentle and natural mimosa. But Annick Goutal surprised me again with the decision to concentrate on rather sunny feeling of mimosa than the actual scent. After all, the main player in this scent appears to be peach to my nose. The scent is definitely tender, playful, girly and sweet but I am just not sure that this how I perceive the perfect mimosa scent.

The fuzzy and effervescent opening tingle my nose with anise and some green notes. The sweetness from the mimosa and peach is quite strong right from the start. This is much sweeter interpretation of mimosa that I am used to. The scent continues developing into the heart notes of very sweet peach and gentle mimosa. This is the most beautiful stage of the scent’s development, as it is creamy, tender and sweet nectar. The dry down goes into light sandalwood and musk. Perhaps it is my skin chemistry but it is not long lived and not very interesting on me.

The peach and mimosa combo in the heart notes is delicious but it is still very light and short-lived on my skin. It was an interesting scent to try as another perspective on mimosa but I will not be acquiring the full bottle. (My overall score – 6.5/10)

azriazmi83
azriazmi83

It is a very very nice smell from my test paper. Would like to buy soon. But EDT?? How long it will last?

s_olafsdottir
s_olafsdottir

To me, this one started off with sweet ripe peaches, boilt in syrup. After a while I realised that there had been a vanilla bean in the syrup, or maybe the peaches were being served with vanilla ice cream. One of my favourite desserts!
Some 6 hours later, the peaches were gone and there was mostly powder left, with faint traces of vanilla and spun sugar.
Great scent if you want to smell like a sweet little peach, but too one-dimensional for me, personally.

Nura
Nura

Have it on my wrist right now. It has a pleasant powdery element in it. When I first tried it, it was a bit offensive and sugary like a bubblegum, but after 20-30 minutes changed into a very gentle aroma. It's not an ordinary perfume.

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

This is one that I simply must try - the notes sound lovely (coming from Australia we call Mimosa "Wattle Tree" and it is our National Tree) - like the sound of the peach and musk - not sure about the powdery iris and anise! Will write in later when I have tried it on my skin and given it some time to soften. Just as an aside - the yellow Wattle gives my American son-in-law dreadful hayfever so guess I wouldn't want to be wearing it around him!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Le Mimosa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Le Mimosa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Mimosa by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Mimosa by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.