Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Les Nuits d'Hadrien Annick Goutal for women and men

Les Nuits d'Hadrien Annick Goutal for women and men
dislike

Les Nuits d'Hadrien Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Les Nuits d'Hadrien Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Les Nuits d'Hadrien Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Les Nuits d'Hadrien Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures

Les Nuits d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Les Nuits d'Hadrien was launched in 2003. Les Nuits d'Hadrien was created by Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal. Top notes are green mandarin, sicilian bergamot, sicilian lemon and tangerine; middle notes are caraway, cypress, juniper, basil and ylang-ylang; base notes are amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla and sandalowood.

Green Mandarin Sicilian Bergamot Sicilian Lemon Tangerine

Italian Cypress

Les Nuits d'Hadrien Fragrance Reviews

Black_Swan
Black_Swan

Best orange scent I've tried. I'm not a huge fan of really simple scents - I like perfumes that just smell great, rather than smelling like something in particular. This one breaks my rules a little bit, because it is clearly oranges, but l really like the scent of fresh, juicy oranges, and that's what I get here. However, I want to have something else mixed in to make it interesting, so it smells like a perfume, rather than like I just ate an orange. (Love that smell, but I can get that very cheaply from the grocery store). There's just enough spice in here to make it just interesting enough. Sometimes simple is good. This is a simple scent, but lovely - sweet, spicy oranges. Yum.

bluepumpkin
bluepumpkin

It's such a gorgeous bottle, a divine colour, and it's a very precious perfume too! I love it. The most gorgeous citrus! And lovely herby green smells, very aromatic, and sensual and elegant. But it becomes creamy and beautiful vanilla and amber warming it right up, and making it very very cozy and gorgeous. It's a very sensual and delightful perfume. And it lasts extraordinarily well on me - about 10 hours! It's so delightful! And so many many compliments, I can't tell you!!! It's such a fabulous dry-down! The patchouli is heavenly with the sandalwood and the divine vanilla and musk!! It's a glorious perfume, and almost my favourite at the moment - maybe it is my favourite? I think so..........!!!

And the bottle is luminous!!! It GLOWS with love and happiness! The most beautiful colour!!! I adore Annick Goutal's perfumes and beautiful bottles!!!!

emmastath
emmastath

Have bought about 5-6 bottles of this one! My big time favourite of Annick Goutal. This is a sweet, creamy citrusy perfume with what I could describe a hint of anice in it. Great sillage, quite long lasting. People love it and say so! When I wear it, they always tell me " you smell so nice and fresh!". Love the body lotion too!
This is a 'make me happy' kind of perfume. It is impossible to feel miserable when wearing it. The one perfume I always like to keep handy.

polly golightly
polly golightly

elegante accordo, che si inaugura con aspre note agrumate di mandarino e bergamotto, nella migliore tradizione della colonia classica. poi vira, sorprendentemente, verso sentori di cipresso, basilico e ginepro per assestarsi, infine su una confortevole base ambrata e legnosa. molto bello.

gtabasso
gtabasso

citrus herbal on application but dries down soft and spicy, no projection or longevity

shushkin
shushkin

I totally concur with most folks citrus/herbal assessment. It is very pleasant. I like the citrus/aromatic combo. No individual notes particularly stands out apart from the cypress and orange. The longest lasting notes are the aromatic herbs, a bit of musk and patch.Unfortunately most of these notes are fleeting top notes and so the fragrance is also fleeting and lacks much sillage.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this is very citrussy and herbal. i think i get mostly lime, mandarin and caraway, but i'm not sure. something almost reminds me of dill, but i don't have any idea what note that is! luckily that kind of tapers off leaving the citrus intact while more greenery comes in along with some soft woods and vanilla, which balances the fragrance out a lot. i like this scent, but don't love it. that dill-like herbal note just isn't doing it for me.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Wow. I have openly declared my dislike for citrus in fragrances on Fragrantica before but this is so nice. It makes me appreciate what citrus can do in a fragrance. This starts off intensely citric like summer time oranges in the sun. It's also wearing more like classic orangeries and orange groves in the Mediterranean territories of Greece and Italy or the island of Crete. This also has a lot of cypress and woods so it made me think of a Greek island. Very woodsy very much in the unisex category. The citrus is very strong and similar to super citric openings like Paco Rabane's 1 Million. The woods in this fragrance make it better than the Rabane. This is a citric chypre. I've never come across that before. It's beautiful. It smells very expensive much more than the price and it's elaborately composed. This is something I'll save to wear for later in the summer.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Old fashioned on opening; light and invigorating with a touch of sweetness. Exotic. Both fresh and warm; the citrus and herb notes give an airiness while the amber-y base keeps it grounded. This smells pretty masculine to me (all the herbs) which start dominating pretty quickly as the citrus top dissipates. The patchouli and musk keeps it from being overly green, though. Fairly low projection, even during the early stages. Low longevity as well - it's pretty much gone after 3 hours - but it's lovely and well balanced, a good go-to fragrance for hot weather or situations where you want to be a little less obtrusive. Cool and classy, elegant and refined.

davide2111
davide2111

Apre con un mix di agrumi, lasciando spazio successivamente alle note forti del cumino, cipresso e ginepro. Chiude con ambra e patchouli. Una fragranza da over 40.
Sillage 7/10
Longevità 7.5/10
Profumo 6.5/10

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

I love this fragrance at first sniff. This give me a vibe of guerlain homme. All the fresh citrus and cypress make it a good combination.I think it's good for any season because its not overpowering. It's light and projects really good on my skin. Kinda pricey but really good fragrance and good quality. Longevity is good also. I can see myself wearing this everyday.

Delila
Delila

This is a strongly citrus-dominant fragrance. It's not my thing at all (I received a sample by accident) and I do not personally like it. However, those who favour citrus fragrances may love it, because it really is all about that.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Annick Goutal Les Nuits d'Hadrien opens with tart juicy mandarine, and soon reveals an aromatic base of spices, patchouli and amber. They manage to add a warmth to the citrus without weighing down the whole composition. I especially appreciate the light touch of caraway, adding a zing to the citrus without actually being piquant.

The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 5 hours. While Eau d'Hadrien is a straightforward lemon like bright sunshine, Les Nuits d'Hadrien is more complex and more nuanced, like the orange tone of sunset. Although its performance is not among the most optimal, I'd still recommend it as a versatile citrus with an unexpected twist.

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

The instant I sprayed LES NUITS D'HADRIEN on my skin, I fell in love. Madly. Deeply. This fragrance is a beautiful blend of cypress and citrus. The overall effect is clean and musky. The scent is androgynous and yet, this is how I imagine Mother Nature would smell.

I smell like I've run through woods of sappy evergreens and orchards of ripe oranges, juicy lemons and green, green limes on a very hot, sticky night. This scent is enchanting but, regrettably, she is fleeting. On my skin, she lasts barely 3 hours. Oh, I wish it weren't so. . . But, I will always have this EDT in my collection.

pansylady
pansylady

On me, Nuits is all about anise and the base notes- the citus notes were chased away by the amber and patchouli-

mlleghoul
mlleghoul

On first application Les Nuits d'Hadrien smelled a bit like musty celery, but after sniffing my wrist repeatedly over the course of the next hour or so, the weird thing is...I really liked it. (The boyfriend thought it smelled like soy sauce). It didn't change much over the course of the evening, except that maybe it became softer and ever so slightly sweeter. For me it seems very much a skin scent, and maybe something for those unexpectedly grey, rainy summer days.

dsty
dsty

Les Nuits d'Hadrien is, at least to me, convincing as a nighttime version of Eau d'Hadrien: it's much warmer, heavier and less bright than the original, but has the same simple, natural, meditteranean vibe that makes it believable as a perfume for a roman emperor. It is a lot less focused on the citrus, or at least much more aromatic; (coniferous) woods, herbs and spices are dominant here, especially the cypress notes, although it's still a citrus scent at heart. I also think it's a lot less feminine or unisex than Eau d'Hadrien; especially in the opening it veers dangerously towards too masculine for my own taste. I do like it, though, it's perfect for a colder, greyer summer day like today. Longevity isn't great, but better than in Eau d'Hadrien, which tends to disappear after an hour.
Conclusion: another Annick Goutal that I can't seem to form a definite opinion about after just two wearings; I'm beginning to see a pattern...

Lana148
Lana148

Citrus, sweet spices and wood - unique and interesting blend. I love unisex smells, but I think it would work better for men then ladies.

daynierds
daynierds

It is not a bad one but not what I was expecting from this house after trying Ninfeo mio, this last one by far is a better option. both longevity and projection are low-average, this review is based on the edt version, I did not like eau du sud or mandragore....not as authentic like ninfeo....mandragore is kind of weird...at least for the mortal nose...not talking about experts..they usually tend to like weird things with all due respect!

IsabelVerh
IsabelVerh

This is absolutely wonderful. If it weren't so expensive, I would've bought it in a heartbeat. This frangrance reminds me of the gourmet note in Mitsouko, but isolated and with lots of candied citrus thrown in.

The fragrance opens with a very natural layered orange - a sweet note, but not cloyingly so. This isn't candy-sweetness, it's more like ripe fruit and honey. I was actually a little disappointed to find the sugary note to disappate so quickly. The next chord is soapy or extremely powdery with lovely depth.

This stage lasts - on me - about an hour or two - after which the drydown shines through. This was absolute perfection: ambery goodness with a flowery background sprawled across high quality chypre.

I had absolutely no problems with longivity or sillage. Les Nuits doesn't project across the room, but definitely within arm's length, even after a couple of hours. For me, this is perfect. A great fragrance for all seasons, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Jenavira
Jenavira

This is a definite try before you buy because from the looks of the reviews this fragrance can become many different things on people.

What is this fragrance for me? Opulent fresh candied citrus at the beginning then it comes basil anise dry ambery warm woodsy scent. It is what I like to think an oriental for summer, the notes are deep, but have a cool earth note that in the summer is refreshing. It most definitely falls in the unisex category.

sNaKey
sNaKey

A lot can be said about this sensational perfume, but I will make a resume.

It starts off very citric with tangerine, lemon and green mandarin. Could be bergamot there, but I do not sense it.
After about 30 minutes the citric lays down to a cypress/caraway/vanilla which warms up your body. Despite this is a summerish scent, it is very warm. I cannot say I hate this, but I love it.
The drydown sits very close to the skin, I can barely sense it after 5 hours which is a very weak longevity for a niche designer in my honest opinion.

The projection is soft/moderate, people around you can sense it in the first 30 minutes, then is only for your nose :)

Overall - 8 / 10
Price/Quality - 6.5/10

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Very realistic citrus with a backup of cypress. Too bad it was gone within minutes.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This begins life as an unusual floral lemon--unusual in that the lemon is relegated to the back seat even during the top notes. I also detect what might be a very heady spice component if it were stronger, but again restrained to blend with the lemon and florals. It has a bit of mapley, anisy thickness that makes me suspect some immortelle, though not nearly as much as in their Sables, which nearly drowned me in pancake syrup. I don't find it particularly masculine, though the only feminine scents it actually reminds me of might be a few very old, very heavy ones. While the best comparison I can think of is to Boucheron, a very heavy lemon from my distant past, then I'd say Les Nuits would be a feminine analog to that; they share the same stodgy, dated stuffiness. Like Eau d'Hadrien, the lemon here hangs on for a remarkably long time, and with remarkably true lemoniness, but if I want that I would just reach for Eau. Overall it's not bad, but I'm not sure what niche of scent space it's trying to carve out for itself, and coupled with the gender neutrality it paints a very ambiguous picture. Lots of frankincense and sandalwood at the end brings us over to oriental territory. It's not for me, but still worth a sniff. Quite a chameleon.

piggyluv
piggyluv

Try before you buy this one- it smells like old, cold curry and Sunlight dish soap on me. A terribly expensive mistake.

drakecito
drakecito

Incredible smell. Classic citrus blended with oriental sweet notes (amber, wood).
Very original.
Longevity is moderate-low (2-4 hours max.) and sillage is tooooooo low. :(
A very light, natural and incredible smell from Goutal but.... too light for my taste...

scent: 9/10
longevity: 3/10
sillage: 1/10

P.D.: This review is for the EDT version.

TillyWave
TillyWave

This is for the Eau de Parfum version.

I lusted after Les Nuits for years before finally taking the plunge and blindly plunked down for the EDP. I was not disappointed, this is everything I wanted, a strong mandarin orange/galbanum/sweet lemon opening, thick and strong, at first. The base and heart notes seem to work in harmony, with the base notes really standing out--thick musky spicy vanilla amber, and just a green hint of cypress and juniper. The combination is sweet, rich, and complex. Les nuits becomes slightly more resinous as it wears.

It wears as a pleasant skinscent with only 2-3 sprays, I can smell it just fine, but I doubt anyone around me can. Lasting power on me is pretty good, 4 to 6 hours.

Also, all the notes are incredibly natural smelling, like Annick Goutal usually is. This is a great fall perfume.

Brenao
Brenao

Very nice, but doesn't last on my skin, such a pitty.
Because of it, not so great. But the smell is really good choice for warm nights. I don't think, even it's citric, isn't a good daily choice. Better for nights.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

A beautiful citrus fragrance - one of the most natural i have ever seen/sniffed.

I preffer the EDP version (absolu) cause it has more depth, power and strength - better on a men's skin.

The edt version is also amazing, well balanced and less citric/acid...

Try them and you'll see how naturally balanced it is.

It is a real "juicy juice"!
Love it,
:D

Carestinus
Carestinus

I love Annick Goutal perfumes. I have tried their male-unisex offerings only and admit nothing compares to their light approach, highly ethereal and good smelling stuff. I used to have a love-anguish relationship due to the fact I sprayed, say, Hadrien or Mandragore or Les nuits, and felt in heaven for... 5 minutes. Then it vanished or, if you prefer, lost 90% of its strength.

These recent years that has changed dramatically. Ninfeo mio and Nuit etoilée are both long-lasting, very strong and assertive. I love them but feel they've been stuffed up to a point where that airiness I love is lost. However, we criticized them for years for the lack of sillage and longevity so I feel someone heard our prayer haha.

All the above is to mention Les nuits is an up to the moon and back gorgeous scent, very citric but unlike Hadrien, this has a warm side provided by amber and light spices. It is sensual and men shouldn't miss this chance! It is very fresh and distinct! The only bad aspect is it lasts for 5 minutes... but good news guys: there is an edp which lasts for 10 min lol. No no... it lasts longer. The edp comes only in the small feminine bottle (50ml) but it is a great alternative in case you want the same juice but feel the edt is too shortlived.

The only difference between both is the edp is ambered up a bit and slightly more feminine... but still unisex. Thanks John for this edp sample, it'll be my new summer staple!! I believe this would be a much nicer world if the guys around wore more Goutal and less &$#%/*¨*&.

jazzlannister
jazzlannister

Definitely not for me. Very strong and gave me headache everytime I used it. I liked the packaging but I hated the fragrance. :(

freddinos
freddinos

Somehow the zesty, juicy citrus fruits end up smelling very heavy, aromatic and incence-like in this one. It was a blind purchase and I must admit it is not the one for me, even though I love citrusy scents. Definitely a perfume for men and maybe for women.

Sometimes people rub us the wrong way when we first meet them, and perfumes can do the same. This happened to me with LES NUITS D'HADRIEN. For whatever reason, I just did not process this perfume when I first wore it. I had picked up a small tester with cap scent unsniffed from a discounter, which seemed like a safe enough gamble: I love EAU D'HADRIEN, and I admire and respect the house of Annick Goutal. What could go wrong?

Well, somehow the composition just struck me as ill-conceived. Looking back, with the benefit of hindsight, I suspect that I was expecting an oriental perfume from the name ("Les Nuits"), but instead there was quite a lot of citric and aromatic activity going on. It didn't really make sense to me, so I stowed the bottle in the back of my armoire and pretty much forgot about.

During the final throes of my December 2012 feeding frenzy, I was sent a number of fresh samples of LES NUITS D'HADRIEN as a part of various lots being offered as gifts with purchase at some of the online stores where I shop. It occurred to me that I might ought to give this perfume another sniff. Perhaps my bottle obtained from a discounter had turned?

In fact, it had not. The LES NUITS D'HADRIEN in my bottle smells exactly as it should. It's just that it does not smell like anything else, and it flouts the orthodox categories. This is not a citrus cologne, like its namesake, although the opening smacks unmistakably of EAU D'HADRIEN. From there, however, the two creations diverge quite radically.

LES NUITS D'HADRIEN contains cypress, but it also contains juniper, basil, and caraway! And then there is the base which is rich enough to be an oriental perfume: amber, musk, patchouli and vanilla? In fact, it really smells nice at every stage of its development, even though it seems like three or even four different perfumes!

This Citrus Oriental Aromatic Fougère sounds like a mess, but somehow it works!

chicrose
chicrose

i need 3 days to like this perfume, it's more aromatic citrus, now i like it but i have to spray every 2 hours to maintain the scent. Poor staying power :(

johngreenink

I splurged recently on a bottle of Les Nuits de Hadrien in the Eau de Parfum strength, and wow, it's really worth it. One of the complaints I've heard about both this and it's initial counterpart, L'eau de Hadrien, is that they are too light. Les Nuits in the Eau de Parfum strength is sharp, sublime, sweet, slightly green and resinous - it's everything you'd want it to be, but stronger and longer lasting. When compared next to the eau de toilette, certain notes are stronger (citrus, juniper, musk and patchouli come to mind.) I've always seen Les Nuits as more of a man's scent, but I think the eau de parfum shows more of it's feminine side. If you really love this scent, but become dismayed that it leaves too soon, make the purchase!

exciter76
exciter76

I have repeatedly professed undying love for hesperidic scents. I've said I could be easily duped into buying a plain glass spray bottle of Countrytime Lemonade because it is lemon scented. However, my perfume-buying days have been put on hiatus, which has forced me to reassess what is an acceptable hesperidic scent and what is merely taking up space in my collection. Make no bones about it, Les Nuits d’Hadrien is a queen among sour lemons.

The initial drop of fragrance to my skin left me ready to scour away. I don't care for caraway seeds and they are strong at the opening. I know better, though, and I wait for this to change phases. What I am immediately rewarded with is a juicy, fresh mélange of citrus fruits and a zingy bouquet of leafy green herbs where patchouli’s the star. This is not the free-spirit patchouli of unwashed vagabond boys and girls who follow Phish from town to town—this patchouli has a lot of class and refinement to spare but is not pretentious or snooty.

This is my first experience with Annick Goutal fragrances. I have heard the house’s fragrances fail to last but I've been lucky so far (about seven hours and still going, though faint). Considering its notes, LNdH is not a powerhouse. It’s a subtle scent that lingers playfully, tickling the nose with a feather-like touch. I now know if I wear this in the future—and I will enjoy my sample till it is gone—I’m wearing this for my own personal enjoyment as hardly anyone would be able to detect this.

As a citrus lover, I'd definitely put this at the top of my ‘Want’ list.

*I am eternally grateful to my “Perfume Guru”, Marie1846, for opening up a door to a wider world of fragrances; my dear sister-in-perfumes sent me a care package to satisfy my scent cravings and included a sample of this gem.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Opens with succulent, tangy citrus and aromatic, sinus-clearing herbs and woods. The combination of the cypress, juniper, basil and patchouli really packs a punch. Despite all the dark herbal spiciness and astringent citrus, it does have some sweetness and warmth to it. I assume the subtle spice from the caraway adds to that feeling. I tested the EDP; disappointingly, it only lasted a couple of hours on my skin. Sillage was decent while the scent lasted.

If you’re someone who tends to dislike strong aromatic citrus or deep herbal notes you may not like this. Personally, I'm a big fan of it. I would describe Les Nuits d’Hadrien overall as intensive and invigorating – a beautiful combination of citrus, herbal and oriental elements.

w.voermans
w.voermans

a beautiful perfume. It is a real chypre and I love to use this during summerevenings...

akats

My husband wants to take it for him and we always argue for this.....

Dougczar
Dougczar

Wow. Received a sample of this the other day. Put it on about 2 hours ago. Amazing. Unique. I have been wearing Chanel quite a bit lately - I feel they do citrus very well. So, I wasn't overly optimistic when I tried this on. But wow - this has a very nice and original citrus scent.... I have been wearing it for a few hours now, and that wonderful citrus is giving way to an equally wonderful vanilla / amber... This is really, really nice. It is becoming less and less frequent for me to be amazed by a scent (starting to seem like I've smelled it all by now) - this is unlike anything else - in a very good way. Not overly masculine, but deep and rich enough to keep it from treading into feminine territory.
Can't say for sure about longevity, but so far, it's evolving, but still sticking around...

Ok, I gotta go and order a full-sized bottle of this now...

akats

I update my review, as today I was wearing it from early morning, till now 7 in the afternoon. I have to say that I bought the edt, even though I had tested the edp, which was far more espensive.
I hate to say that I spent 60 euros for almost nothing! I was carrying the bottle with me at work, so I reapplied it 3 times during the day. Needless to mention that even after 15 minutes, the fragrance was gone....I sprayed my scarf also, and there isn't the slightest trail on it. So, I was unable to enjoy that smell at least for a while... In addition, the smell of edt is different of the edp. It is more citrusy, without the warm amber wood and spices. What a pitty indeed.
When I smelled the edp, I thought it smelled as a light good edt. But what can I say for the real edt?

akats

finally, I got it! I could not resist. I like its warm woody-citrusy smell. I tested Eau du Sud at the same time, and I found it also lovely, but at its dry down a bit alike Diorella that I own. So Le nuit de hadrien won. It has not a great staying power unfortunatelly.....

carinas
carinas

Love it. It's one of a kind warm woody citrus. Bought it for myself, but by the time I got home, it'd turned a little too masculine for my liking. Checked it out online, yep, it was originally meant for men, they have two different bottle shapes for the same juice, one for men and the pretty on, with a bow, for women. It's definitely unisex. My husband is using it, he loves it, it works great on his skin, not feminine at all. Once and a while I sneak and spray it on myself.
Cons, it doesn't have much longevity, max 2 hours on my skin.
I found it for a very good price in Perfumania.

talnyc
talnyc

I really love this scent. It is such a warm, sexy fragrance. When you think of a citrus scent, one thinks of summer and refreshing. This scent is nothing like that. It is more alluring and yet not heavy. It is earthy, but it is a citrus scent! Considering that the color of the fragrance is on the dark side, one would think that it had longer staying power, like a perfume, but it does not. It lingers, but you do not have to worry about being heavy with the application, as it does not go on overwhelmingly strong.

akats

When I first smelled it, I loved it because it reminded me of empreinte by Gourreges and a bit of Quiproquo by GRES. Yet, it hasn't the depth of those fragrances, nor of their lasting power. It is fresh, crispy and warm-woody at the same time, but it doesn't stay more than an hour to my skin. If it was affordable, it would be ok, for an everyday fragrance. But it costs too....much!

LaLaPop75

I am sorry to the lovers of this scent...I smelled lemon, brown sugar, and fruit loops...and pine trees. I don't like to smell like these things. I love this house, sadly not this perfume. Review for EDP>

johngreenink

I bought a bottle of Les Nuits D'Hadrien online (unsmelled) based on some great reviews I read here. I can't say enough how glad I am that I made this purchase. Les Nuits is something of a perfect Autumn scent for me... it opens with a mix of citrus and woods and alpines, levels off to a warm greens (something like green tomatoes, juniper berries, verbena and fir) and then tapers off with a light scent of new mowed hay and talc. Like other Annick Goutal fragrances, it's gentle and doesn't last longer than about 2-3 hours, so you'll want to reapply (at least for the men's packaged version). But I have to say that this doesn't bother me - it gives you a bit more control over how you want it to react with your skin (better to add more than have to wash off.)

I notice a kinship between Les Nuits and some Hermes fragrances, I'm not certain which notes they share, but there is an Old World feeling to this scent - it brings to mind the herbs and berries indigenous to North Western Europe... definitely not an Oriental scent, but something that one could have smelled in the late Medieval period.

This is simply a fascinating perfume that will transport you back into a distant past.

Update: Nov. 22/2011: After owning this for a few months, Les Nuits is now my signature scent. I can't say enough good about it, it just compliments me well, distinct, but never loud or brash. It's also perfect to put on in the evening if you've been wearing Eau d'Hadrien during the day. The two are like an outfit that can use for both day and night. I feel comforted and also confident when wearing this: what a great combination of sensations!

Orpheus99
Orpheus99

This is just like Eau d'Hadrien (realistic and pleasant citrus), but less sharp, more mellow. Also, like Eau d'Hadrien, this lacks projection, complexity, and longevity. I get one hour out of it max. Not a bad smell, but not bottle worthy for me. Grade: C+

Heverton
Heverton

This one it's an elegant citrus fragrance that can be worn without any problem, in a hot/humid country.

It starts out with a blast of citrus notes. A lot of mandarin combined with the acidness from bergamot, a very pleasant smell, not too harsh.

As time goes by, the herbal/semi-sweet tone starts to appear, leaving behind the strong citrus opening. Staying so, as a comforting and easy to wear fragrance.

lara0905
lara0905

I'm very sceptic with citrus fragrances but I gave it a try to Les Nuits d'Hadrien.:)

Lets see the impressions of this scent!:)
It's opens with freshly grated lemon peel aroma mixed with a touch of basil and orange.The feeling is like a cooling lemonade without sugar. :) The middle-phase is comes quickly, it's like when you add some sugar to the lemonade and got the sweet taste.
Finally at the end I got the sweet lemon candy undertone.

I had a nice experience with this scent and I like Annick Goutal compositions but it's just not my cup of tea..:)

LaLaPop75

I am not a big fan of citrus in perfumes, for that matter, citrus in general. At first spray, the mandarin and bergamot just blew my nose off. Then I smell all of the green stuff...and oh, boy.....is it green. The base notes start coming through and mellow the drama down a bit. Forgive me AG...I am a huge fan of your scents............but this one smells like lemon fruit loops with maple syrup drizzled on them.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I LOVE this! Les Nuits d'Hadrien EDP is a wonderfully complex aromatic fragrance and may possibly be one that I will buy a full bottle of for summer.

It's neither too citrussy, too sharp, too linear, nor too light... these are the things I look for a warm weather aromatic to NOT be.

There are no florals in this either and I thought as a woman I may start to crave just a petal, but the light drop of musk along with mandarine, amber and vanilla provide enough softness and subtle sweetness and an almost-floral nuance.

Herbs and evergreens provide an interesting dimension and are so well blended but are still discernable. I always expect that when basil and evergreens are used in perfume that these notes will be too sharp or stand out too much and sit heavily on top or push everything else to the sideline--not the case with Les Nuits d'Hadrien, perfectly balanced without being muddied into the pot.

Caraway I think is what makes it for me here--warm, almost nutty with an eeny pinch of spice. LOVE. LOVE. And in combination with patchouli, this really gives a wooded warmth and it just keeps getting better on the skin in the heat.

Honestly, it's silly how excited I am feeling to have found this great perfume. I agree with the very first review too that this even feels rather sensual.

A very nice fragrance that opens in the classical Eau De Cologne style with tart citrus and bergamot and immediately takes a much more interesting twist with the appearance of an astringent artemisia note joined by herbs and some coniferous. Nice ambery / musk drydown. Despite longevity it's not among the best around, Les Nuits D'Hadrien is still a remarkable aromatic-citrus-oriental fragrance that is worth to check out. Good work.

Rating: 7.5/10

this is a tart, and i mean really tart and fresh perfume. i love it. i think this will be great in the summer. i love perfume like this, just over-all refreshing and clean. it goes on strong, almost bitter, but dosen't stay that way. you end up with a warm, but not hot, crystal-clear citrus scent. one of my very favorites now.

edit:
i just realized this review should of been for the other d'hadrien, not les nuits. sorry about that.

icekat
icekat

LES NUITS D’HADRIEN is a fresh, elegant and airy perfume. The citrus herbal combination in this fragrance is delightful. It reminds me of a beautiful summer night with the gentle wind, sparkling stars and crickets in the garden.

I love citrus scents, so the opening of LES NUITS D’HADRIEN is a pure heaven for me. The heart notes also contain citrus tone but it is more herbal and with a tiny touch of spice. The dry down is very light with pleasant amber and musk. I do not get patchouli or vanilla on my skin at all.

I do not know how Annick Goutal can make herbs fragrances smell so good. This scent is so relaxing and beautiful. It has this therapeutic quality to put my mind at ease and take away the stress of the day.

It is so unfortunate that the lasting power is low. This fragrance was gone pretty soon.

Cereza
Cereza

Citruses are not my thing, you know, but here they are more than enjoyable. The first burst of citruses at the opening is harsh, but then it all turns to lovely, sweet, warm and comforting citrus scent. I can feel bits of sugar and warmness of woods. It's really lovely. Surprisingly.
I can feel sweet caraway and all together this is a winner for citrus lovers. And possible test for those who just think that they do not like citrus.

I first smelt this fragrance almost two years ago, and I vividly remember cringing as I found the citrus too acidic and strange. These days my nose is much better trained and I have learnt to appreciate such scents.

Le Nuits d'Hadrien is not all citrus, in fact the citrus notes are shadowed by the herbaceous qualities. I own Eau d'Hadrien which I find too lemony, however this version is much more rounded.

The lemon, although present, doesn't play a huge part in this composition. The mandarin orange stands out the most, especially with the aromatic herbs surrounding it.

Because of the green herbs, which are at times a tad too spicy, Le Nuits d'Hadrien has a dark aura of citrusy warmth and exotic cooking spices. I made a pork roast once which I seasoned with bay leaves, orange pulp and rosemary. This fragrance reminds me of that beautiful Winter dish.

Over the course of this fragrance's drydown, Le Nuits d'Hadrien does take on a rather soapy quality, however the earthy patchouli, citrus and herbs can still be recognised.

Unfortunately the lasting power of this fragrance is not great, nor is the sillage which is pretty weak. I hate when some Annick Goutal fragrances fade quickly because it gives people the impression that all her scents do this, which is not true. I have only tested the EDT version, however with my experience with this fragrance house, the EDP's usually last a lot longer.

Either way, this fragrance is still worth checking out, especially if citrus aromatics are your thing.

vallensvelvet
vallensvelvet

Absolutely delicious; an herbal orange and lemon opening, with warm ambery and woody basenotes. This always feels right for me - it is summery and warm without being bland and 'fresh' - so you can wear it throughout the year; somehow very elegant and yet relaxed at the same time, it makes me think of 1930's lady explorers - and who wouldn't want to evoke that image?!

Only complaint, as with many Annick Goutals (although it is better than most) - it doesn't last long enough (3 hours max on my skin).

annabolina
annabolina

We are not the same. This frag. is my big big favourit. I am a 35 year old woman and green or citrus scents never worked for me. I prefer the oriental, floral/oriental, woody, spicy scents. I just can not find the reason why, but when I wear Les Nuits I feel comfortable, fresh, sexy, feminin, young and strong at the same time. The citrus notes at the begining fade away in 20 minutes, then comes the herbal scene (which is cosy and fresh), then in an hour the vanilla and amber warm up the creation, and it becams almost sweet and lush. I am wearing an EDP, and it lasts about 6-7 hours. Not the best sillage, but good enough for me, as I am a 125 ml refill-bottle-owner! Lucky me!!!! :)))))

Nandathomp
Nandathomp

Starts with Lemons but after a little while i can smell something herbal and warm and really fresh at the same time.

It's a perfect scent for hot days. It Suits both men and women ( my boyfriend loved it so much that i gave a bottle for him on his birthday).

Pity it doesn't have a good lasting power, although i think i'm a little lucky, after reading other reviews... On me it lasts about 4 hours the EDT!!! ...

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out like culinary herbs, basil and some other green things, but very quickly changes to the smell of freshly grated lemon peel. The first time I applied it, it disappeared after half an hour, leaving only the scent of one of my own perfumes that I’d applied to test the night before, still clinging to the hoodie that I was wearing. I changed my clothes and tried again. Same sequence - basil and other herbs followed immediately by lemon peel. Except that it’s lemon instead of lime, and the fresh chilis are missing, it reminds me of the garnish that comes with pho at Vietnamese restaurants. Again, after a half hour the whole scent starts fading. Like its fraternal twin, Eau d’Hadrien, Nuits seems to be mainly volatile top notes that quickly dissipate, leaving behind only the faintest trace of evergreen needles, which ultimately give way to the faintest hint of vanilla, patchouli and musk, the musk being dominant. In the end it’s just a skin musk. I know it’s an EdT, but it’s disappointing that it fades so quickly and that the base is so weak.

kylexora
kylexora

This is a classy, warm and fresh scent. The vanilla really add the attraction to this perfume. I bought myself a 100ml bottle and i use it wisely. I never got compliment, but that not necessary. I will wear whatever i like. My money, my perfumes, my rules. Despite other user mentioned that it disappear after few hours, it last about 7-8 hours on me and i just wear EDT. Wonderful...

But, if you're familiar with AG perfumes, most of them smell citrusy. Hello.. i think Annick Goutal favourite flower is not lemon, but why she use a lot of citrus fruit in her creation... Weird, isn't it? But i love this one, anyway...

winx61
winx61

I find this fragrant very citrus, slightly bitter.
I feel very much zest of orange and grapefruit.
Portable to all year.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I received this as a birthday gift from someone who is not a parfumista, but I like wearing this fragrance in very hot weather.

It is elegant, Italianesque, fresh, warm, cosy and like a good eau de cologne, which may suit some wearers who aren't into heavy fragrances.

Unfortunately for me, it's not lasting nor strong enough for my personality, but it's still a lovely perfume, nevertheless!

TheNoseKnows
TheNoseKnows

I love eau d'Hadrian, but this smells like dank, sour lemons. No go. I wanted to love it; love the packaging.

chocolate
chocolate

Classy, elegant, fresh and warm at the same time. Pity it kind of goes after a while and you have to bury your nose into your wrist to smell it!

caribou55313
caribou55313

An elegant and lasting citrus with warmly sensual basenotes.

2007