Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille Annick Goutal for women

Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille Annick Goutal for women
dislike

Top notes of Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille await you with a clear chypre effect provided by Indonesian patchouli sweetened with plum. A heart intertwines iris, violet and heliotrope with clear and accentuated powdery notes leading to a base where patchouli rules. – says Diary. The fragrance is announced as a very feminine, elegant and hypnotizing fragrance inspired by glamorous actresses of Hollywood".

Top notes: Indonesian patchouli, plum
Heart: iris, powder, violet and heliotrope
Base: patchouli

The collection of Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille will be available in dark violet flacons with a gold stopper and an elegant dark ribbon, as 50 and 100ml EDT, as well as 100ml EDP.

The fragrance arrives on the wider market in September 2011. It will be first presented to the public on July 1st 2011 in Harrods, London. Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille was created by Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal.

iris Patchouli Heliotrope Violet Plum

Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille Fragrance Reviews

oks-oks
oks-oks

This is a very unique fragrance, it is like nothing else around. Strong patchouli, strong heliotrope, then iris, violet and plum, as I can make it out. The overall experience is like smelling some old wooden drawers that kept make up, and I mean it in a good sense. Wood and traces of buttery retro lipstick note from heliotrope. It's very well composed, good quality. It is a signature worthy for someone who can pull it off. Someone with great timeless style. A lot of character.

I am trying it on from a splash tester. Sillage is soft from dabs, longevity is several hours.

MBB1111
MBB1111

I purchased a sample after seeing comparisons of this fragrance to vintage Rochas Femme, my favorite. Smelling the it uncapped, I could see how they appear similar.However, I tried it on and was disappointed. It was interesting to smell but not pleasant. Something was heavy and nauseating in the same manner I feel with the taste and smell of too much cilantro, if that makes any sense. Perhaps it is my body chemistry.

Mon Parfum Cheri is, to me, sad. I agree it is vintage-esque, but in a Ms. Havisham sort of way. Those who have described it as bitter, dark, gloomy, and goth have said it best.

I can appreciate its uniqueness and complexity. This is an unusual fragrance.

spinderella
spinderella

A very good perfume. It has character, and depth, and it is not for a young sweet girl. The cheri in the name has more to do with cherished (I believe the perfume was created by Camille in remembrance of her mother Annick) than with sweet-natured.
There is more going on here than you would think when you hear the "floral woody musk". There is a beautiful darkness in here.

Wysteria
Wysteria

I used to have a decant of this but I swapped it because I couldn't stand it. It was way too dry and patchouli is always challenging for me. I did apreciate it because it was definitely one of a kind.

Then recently I started thinking about this fragrance and actually started to crave this perfume. It's very dry, in an ancient kind of way and te plum and iris work very well together. The patchouli is nicely blended with the other notes. I don't really think this is a dark fragrance, but it has a melancholic and gothic (as in the era, not the subculture) feel. Needless to say, I have a bottle now.....

dtpt4646
dtpt4646

Gorgeous bottle, and the list of ingredients are all ones which i love. However, this scent did not agree with me at all. It gave me a full blown migraine and sickness, and even after scrubbing it off I could still smell it. If it agrees with you, this is a good thing as it is potent and lasts a long time.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this starts off with a dusty patchouli and quite a bit of plum and powdery iris as well. it calls to mind an old parlor with dusty velvet curtains and polished wood. i don't sense much violet or heliotrope in this, and i must say i kind of wish they were more prominent, as i get mostly plum/patchouli. these are notes i like and i find this scent very interesting, i just don't think it's for me.

Sezyvex
Sezyvex

This was my third purchase from Annick Goutal. I was quite mesmerised by the aura of this fragrance and it made me feel I was in a different era entirely. Still I somehow craved it's supposed voluptuousness that the notes seem to suggest and for it to envelope me in the patchouli-plum-iris-violet bliss entirely but I was left wanting more. It has all of my favourite notes, the things that make me melt.

Whenever I see this bottle and it's name, it brings feeling of deepest regret that I was quick to let go of it because I thought it were feminine at the time but having tried several other Iris based fragrances, I now know that I should have waited... Oh well, people learn from their mistakes...

The quality is impeccable although it suffers in the longevity department. I just wish it was strong enough to make me forget my notions of it being feminine although if I find a bottle again, I would repurchase it and spray heavily because this did leave an impression.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Mon Parfum Cheri Par Camille Annick Goutal

Notes: Heliotrope Iris Violet Plum Patchouli

This is a beautiful fragrance reminiscent of Cacharel Loulou. I don't mean to say it's an exact duplicate. But there is something about it that wears quite like Loulou. Both fragrances have the heliotrope note and the violet, purple floral thing going on but with smoke and incense in the case of Mon Parfum Cheri it is patchouli. This is an Oriental fragrance. It doesn't follow the traditional top base note structure. Many of the Annick Goutal perfumes don't have that structure but it is still very well made. The flowers are well paired. I love each of these flowers and grow them in my greenhouse. This is a powdery iris with a sweet vanillic heliotrope. The violet is also really jumping out on me. This is purple flower heaven. Plum fruit are also purple so that's clever how they have a synthetic plum scent in here. Plums have no real smell, just a taste and yet this is what this scent smells like, a juicy dark plum. The patchouli is at the dry down very smoky and aromatic. This is a gorgeous evening perfume. I recommend it for summer months and for evening/formal wear. Beautiful heliotrope. Smells divine.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

EDIT: i realise after some time, that the EDT is very different to the EDP.
my review is for the EDT version.
bitter plum skins, lots of iris/orris, dry dusty patch, no floral or spice or sweetness in this one. the EDT is distant and formal and is all about the iris. and I understand that it was made in honour of Camille Goutal, hence using the name Cheri.
For some reason, I am unwilling to part with her and am now keen to try the EDP version.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
"the dry ashes of a Goth, scattered in some mouldy patchouli. laid to rest beside their beloved cloak, dry sour sweat in its dusty plum velvet creases. R.I.P. Dear One. mon cheri"

i have tested it a few times and i cannot get to grips with it.
all i can imagine is that my bottle has been dug up from said woodland burial site and is not in fact, the plummy patchouli vintage it intended to be.
so sorry mon cheri.

a week of trying to pinpoint the familiar scent memory those top/middle notes so perfectly emanate = when you open a lunch box in the bottom of your school bag, one that you forgot about.

Zazou
Zazou

My everlasting search for a good patchouli scent made me try this one. Surprisingly, I hardly smell patchouli but mostly a boozy plum and slightly powdery iris. Very goth and very dry, this is a non-sweet, dusty, heavy perfume. Its aura (dried flowers, fruit and a woody base) reminds me of old builings and even more of antique libraries.
There is absolutely nothing "chérie" about this fragrance. Pardon my lack of respect but "mon parfum pourri" would have hit it more adequately. Maybe I would have named this "Strangelove" ...
Certainly not a to-go scent for every day but an edgy beauty I definitely like very much.

P.S. Another weird surprise, the drydown reminds me of vintage YSL's Yvresse (Champagne)

persefoni
persefoni

A perfume from a long-gone era, though very new...

It smells like perfumes of the 40s and 50s. Perhaps ones that were used, and what was left on the bottom has this oily, off feel.

Heavy, warm, filled with patchouli and plum, and overripe violet and iris. There's also a leathery note lingering somewhere. I truly get the lipstick vibe that some mentioned, it's actually the smell of a lipstick that's been in your etui for more than 20 years, and it's the first time i experience it in perfume.

My mum said it reminds her of Vivre by Molyneux.
I say it takes a lot of skill to create something new that smells like something that travelled through time.

I enjoyed wearing it today, but am not sure if others around me didn't wonder whether i should keep my old treasures in the closet...

mrsg34
mrsg34

What an incredibly beautiful perfume! First spray I got violets and a musty sort of velvety curtain smell from many moons ago.Then the sweet plum kicked in and balanced the patchouli/ violet/ iris combo.It eventually settled to the most intoxicating powdery patch/iris/violet/plum scent which just transports you to some vintage, posh house full of mystery.I have the EDT and the longevity is very good the sillage too is great.This is so far away from a lot of the mainstream offerings at the moment, you feel like it was made just for you, a true masterpiece.

goldeneraglamour
goldeneraglamour

It smells similar to Histoires de Parfums 1889 Moulin Rouge because they share the prominent notes of iris and plum, but the heavy dose of patchouli added to Mon Parfum Cheri differentiates the two. Not as powdery in comparison to Moulin Rouge and the iris is not as waxy, so it doesn’t smell like straight-up old-school makeup like MR does. A decent alternative, but MR is better. Still, it is an elegant and powdery fragrance with an edge.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Firstly a tang, which becomes a delicious marriage of plum and patchouli, totally sepia in tone; it has a nostalgic atmosphere, like looking through old photos. I’m not a big fan of patchouli scents, but this is so unusual - so individual - not a blind buy, but a must-try. The seamless blend of plum and patch dries soft, powdery and cozy. It’s saved from being too sweet by the iris and violet - very skilful and unique. Also long-lasting, without ever being hard on the nose or headachey. Very accomplished :)

raw umber
raw umber

Mon Parfum Cheri,par Camille makes my boyfriend physically ill because he cannot stomach its non-sweet richness. This is only for serious iris lovers. I loved it. I tested the original edt iris-heavy formulation. Many have mentioned that this perfume reminds them of old fashioned glamour. I don't get that from it at all.

This perfume is so creamy and sour/bitter at the same time it is truly unique. It also contains a large amount of deep dry earthiness, like parched black mud in powdered form combined with candle wax, and dark purple plum skins. The tang of plum balances the fatty orris and the dusty patchouli so expertly, I'm spellbound.

The acid and alkaline components do not blend here. Instead, they remain separate and juxtaposed in an equilibrium that commands respect. I can't believe someone actually composed it! It's an olfactory assemblage. Truly perfume as art. Waxy, bitter, powdery, and addictive.

This is not a welcoming smell. It comes off as something you know you shouldn't be smelling for your own health/safety, but you succumb to it anyway. Like drugs or fumes or magic. Seriously engaging.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille Annick Goutal was sort of Black Horse fragrance to me, as it seemed weird and controversial...weird enough – to want to try it badly! I love weird people and weird fragrances.

Opens similar as John Galliano – by dusty violets, almost like theatrical, heavy, velvety curtains before performance in provincial theatre. Those curtains move slowly, revealing, as other reviewer have mentioned ,– old woody floor, squeaky and which knew better times – iris is coming to perform. Its like this wonderful diva from the middle of the nowhere, make-up from 20-30s, with some classic forgotten play, which guests from capital are watching with eyes wide open
Intriguing perfume with strangely vintage feel and lots of philosophy, you tired of drama, yet can't take your eyes off, when you just start rolling your eyes : “Ooooh , those damn violets!” - the patch with plum gives you such a drydown, that you are forgetting your own name, its daring, powerful, juicy-bitter-sweet, Gothic and melancholic at once.
As a matter of fact – a masterpiece.

Cochlea
Cochlea

One of my favorite things to photograph the most is this old abandoned school building. It was built in 1902- It is a barbarous style one room building with arches resembling the gothic arches one sees on the cathedrals in Paris. The doors and windows are missing, the floorboards are damp and rotten infested with woodworm. The floors are weak and could easy give away under your feet. The once reddish bricks are now aged, they are deeper, blacker in color. Dust are caked-on the desks, chairs and the black board. The smell of the air is sickeningly damp. Unearthy moss and shrubs are growing on the building. I like to imagine a ghost of earth bound beauty living there waiting for her lover to return to her.

Mon Parfum Chéri par Camille is an elegant but grim and gloomy fragrance. The composition while sparse in the number of notes is truly unique. The first scent is the beautiful powdery iris, along with the plum- the plum is sharp here. The misty heliotrope has a hint of vanilla to it and supported by the rich antique patchouli, in the end the drydown is powdery. The patchouli to me is like the lichen that grows on trees, very dry, earthy and bitter.
I simply adore Mon Parfum Chéri it has an old-worldly quality to it.

Hermesfan
Hermesfan

The problem lies in giving time to this perfume. If you wait about 20 - 30 minutes, you will get the most fantastic patch scent available. I hadn´t been into Annick Goutal scents till I found this "my precious". Give it a chance.

HazelMae
HazelMae

When this was released, I read about it and saw that it had violet, iris, plum and patchouli. "Sold!" I thought. Unless they snuck in something really awful I would be guaranteed to wear this. But I restrained myself and got a sample first, which I used up immediately.

It does start out with a weird, musty closet note. I think it could be an aspect of violet, because I perceive this in TF Violet Blonde, as well. But in that perfume it offends me, whereas in this one, it drew me in. As I predicted, I couldn't go wrong with violet, iris, patchouli and plum. I could develop a dangerous blind buying habit this way. I have the EDT and the longevity is great.

I still don't think patchouli is the new chypre, because I grew up in the 70's when real chypres were popular. But it is glamorous nonetheless.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

I am a big fan of Annick Goutal although I have not tried or used many scents from this house, but this was just unexpected – still a gorgeous scent, perhaps the best among her range, but completely different from what I was used to until today. Except "Vetiver", which was so dry, sour and earthy I could barely wear it in winter, most of Goutal's scent were the most impressionist, oniric, delicate and fairytale side of my collection... until today. I would have never imagined Goutal could come out with such a thick, dense, dark, earthy scent. Strong, narcotic floral opening – tuberose? Narcissus? - iris, vanilla, some ambery warm, leather, tobacco, vetiver, cloves... guess what? None of that is actually there. Just iris, patchouli and a couple of notes. I never smelled such a complex and multifaceted scent which turns out to be composed of literally three or four components. No magic here (perhaps) – just an impressive quality, so high it brings the materials to life. The patchouli is leafy, earthy, vibrant, if you take it alone it's on its turn full of shades – dry, leathery, animalic, dusty, mossy, tobacco-ish. The iris is just gorgeous: an "old aunt lipstick" touch, shady, spicy, powdery, and the most natural, rich and dense I've ever tried. Overall it's an earth chypre, dusty and gloomy, with a prominent, monolithic iris note, dark and vibrant as a forest at night, so natural you feel it living and breathing. The drydow is calmer, still a marvellous iris in a sort of restrained, dry, dark, decadent earthy chypre accord with a palpable bitter dry base really close to leather, although there isn't. The name sounds quite a joke – nothing "petit" for no "chérie" here. Superb!

P.S. my review is based on the EDP. The EDT version keeps the same structure, but with an (unexplicably?) much bolder, drier and masculine personality, the iris is more prominent and powerful, and you basically get no other fruity/floral notes.

Kione
Kione

A witch in her cave, burning herbs and incense and earth and musk, and damp flowers... very mysterious and I was tempted to keep it after I found a bargain in TK Maxx, but it never "grabbed" me and I sold it on Ebay.

flordelceibo
flordelceibo

The nicest patchouli perfume that I have smelled. The plum and iris make it warm and elegant. I love many Goutal perfumes, but this is the only one that can really speak loud I think...it's a real shame that it has been discontinued, why?

courant
courant

Tell me a story of long ago. It is written on sheet music, or in prose, or in the notes of a perfume. Sometimes it is possible to combine them and this is what Camille Goutal has accomplished with Mon Parfum Cheri. It was inspired by a gift of solid perfume from Collette to Annick Goutal, who was eight when the French author Collette died; one wonders what circumstances led to a gift being made to a child,but they were both pianists who left their original discipline for another field, sensual prose for Collette and perfume training for Annick. This perfume, crafted by Camille Goutal as a tribute to her Mother pays homage to the rustle of silk, silver candelabra, Austrian crystal and fine Damask napkins.The table is set. The ladies are resplendent, in dress and perfume. Even the table napkins are scented, it's patchouli.
Indonesian patchouli is employed without apology in the opening of MPC. It's frightful... one recoils, then I consider how it was first used as an insect repellent in bolts of silk and other imports. I allow it to dissipate as I recall the sensuality of the book. 'Silk'. And then, by association, I think of FILTH, a book with an acronym in its title (Failed in London, Try Hong Kong)
There is plum, Satsuma of course, and I am reminded of Femme, the great Roudnitska's lovechild. Iris, the goddess of the rainbow, mixes and mingles as an excellent hostess should at a soiree. The adventure isn't over, the similarity to Cuir Amethyste hits me like a brick and I tumble down a rabbit hole where Daim Blonde is trying to wake the Dormouse. A jester sings to the KIng and Queen in a coat he borrowed from James Dean and moss grows on a rolling stone, but that's not how it used to be, back in the day, before the music died, before perfumery became praline, before we all began to smell of egg custard pies. Who started throwing those things anyway?

Mon Parfum Cheri par Camille is about how it used to be, an open declaration, a petition if you like, for a return to great French Perfumery. Where do I sign?

brightstar
brightstar

I love it! It's very complex and deep. It starts earthy with the patchouly and plum fighting to emerge, than it completely change to a powdery old school perfume. It smells like boudoir and makeup but in a classy way. It surely is a masterpiece. Sillage and longevity is good. Sometimes I put it on before going to bed and in the morning I can easily smell it on my wrist.

Sour plum juicy not very truly fragrance.

Nearly in the same style with Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense by Givenchy, only the last one is more pleasant, but this one smells more natural.

I love plums in perfumes. But this fragrance seems to me not interesting enough and not charming.

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

I agree with Irisjetaime: cacophonie, c'est le mot juste.
First comes a blast of patchouli of the worst kind, more like camphor, and then something vaguely fruity--plum they say.
I had a bloody nose and my cat had a fit of his asthma. The smell is very strong and lasts, alas, for hours.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Oooh !! Quel dommage ! Je me faisais une joie de tester ce parfum sur ma peau. Et puis... La déception !
Sur ma peau cette fragrance donne une odeur grasse, brûlée de terre. Puis viennent les épices sans cohérence avec les baumes. Une cacophonie totale.
Attention : ceci c'est sur ma peau. La peau a sa propre façon de réagir selon la personne qui porte un parfum.
Le parfum étant subjectif par nature, si vous me lisez votre peau est susceptible de réagir d'une toute autre façon.
On dirait que "Mon Parfum Chéri" se cherche entre un parfum oriental, un tabac ou un chypre fruité avec la présence de la prune et même un cuir par les épices et les baumes et par la façon dont ils sont structurés. Etrange pour ne pas dire bizarre.
Pas poudreux du tout ! Et justement moi ce que j'aime ce sont les parfums poudrés. (C'est ballot hein ? ;O)
La durée de vie n'est que de quelques heures pour un parfum sensé avoir été créé par une marque élitiste...Oops !!! Non ! Ca va pas l'faire....

kris919
kris919

Most of the Annick Goutals I've tried are very weak on me, but not this one. Lasts forever, great sillage (I am kind of shocked that is an edt) and it has plum and patchouli, which are two of my favorite notes. what more could I ask for?

Labaloo
Labaloo

At first spray, this composition seemed disjointed- I could smell quite separately plum and the upper, medicinal notes of patchouli oil, but after 20 minutes, everything came together beautifully. Violet and heliotrope moved forward to fill in the gap, forming a purpled bridge between the plum-tweaked cassis and deep earth of patchouli; there are resinous woods (cedar), and a pale powdering of iris adds a star-like shimmer. The effect calls to mind candied violets atop a dark-chocolate cake- the color of the bottle's glass is quite fitting! Supremely elegant, yet at the same mystical, solemn, and dry, this is a unique fragrance that an obtuse personality would dismiss as lacking in jubilance, but an introspective one would find it a worthy tool to emanate a reserved- but passionate- heart.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Another olfactory masterpiece has been created by Annick Goutal
This is my fourth AG acquisition and its the most beautiful and unusual IMO.
This fragrance is a dark, earthy and dirty patchouli which smells like the taste of snails.
The composition contains a sour and fermented plum, some iris, violet and heliotrope, which blends into a very grown up, very fresh and very beautiful scent.
This is like nothing that I have ever smelled before. It has been described as 'hypnotising' and actually, I cannot think of a better word to use to describe this gorgeous perfume.
The initial blast is boozy, dirty, earthy, sour and fermented, but this quickly morphs into an addictive fresh and beautiful orchestra of notes which keep wafting up my nose and causes me to inhale deeply and savour its olfactory beauty.
I am in love!! This is just heavenly in every way possible.
To me, AG frags are eccentric and quirky in a genius way! Only AG can put together these ingredients and get such art out of them
The silage for the EDT is amazing and longevity is fantastic especially considering the fact that I only sprayed a small amount of this on my arm a few hours ago but can smell its fabulous aroma constantly.
This is a perfume wardrobe must have for die hard patchouli lovers, wonderful!! Just wonderful!

jitneyk
jitneyk

This fragrance isn't awfule per se but the patchouli came off as smelling more like fresh beets; at least on my skin.

cecyben
cecyben

A new love !!! When I will finish ? Never, of course never: I am always find perfumes that I fall in love and this is not the exception. This one is extraordinary, extreme, very, very delicious !!! I love it !

jtd
jtd

I am as easily sucked in by the term “chypre-effect” as the next perfume fanatic. I’ll admit, I blind bought. Not only were the reviews good, but the  dark plum-iris-patchouli targets me perfectly. Factor in my recent fascination with Annick Goutal fragrances and I become a big, round bull’s-eye.

As it turns out, I’m in love with this perfume. It is encompassing. Blanketing really, but perfectly calibrated. It’s a dusky, dusty, musty pairing of patchouli and coumarin.  The plummy richness and the odd pairing of iris and dark vanillic heliotropin, serve more as modifiers than main course.

In tone, this could be Aromatics Elixir’s younger sister, a bit less stern but equally towering.  Self-assured.

It’s not a chypre, though. It’s not even like a chypre, despite the common thread of pachouli. It’s a dank, powdery wood, with a remote sweetness.  It’s neither old-fashioned nor retro.  But it does feels like it refers to the past.  In the way that certain perfumes seem to have a language, MPC speaks the language of the more assured mid-late 20th century feminine perfumes.  It is a like mind to Diorella, Sherrer by Sherrer, Azuree, Chanel 19.

Contemporary perfumery would lure you into a Bravo world where high heels define femininity.  MPC reveals backbone.  It’s not perched, it’s grounded. It is 180° from another patchouli heavy feminine, Angel.  Angel is an exciting, monstrous femme that knocks you over.  But where Angel is an irresistible force, MPC is the immovable object.  It has gravity.  MPC demonstrates that stillness is not stasis, but poise. It doesn’t try to appear contemporary, as in the ridiculous expression ‘fashion forward’. It simply IS contemporary.  J’y suis, j’y reste.

Screw bubbly and whimsical. They are irrelevant.  MPC is serious. The seriousness speaks of intent and assuredness. This is how perfume is sexy.

P. S.  I’ve always disliked the AG ‘gender’ bottles. The blocky masculine bottle is tolerable, but the feminine bottle is ugly in its plain-Jane frilliness. Is gender really so simple as these two bottles? Putting the self-possessed MPC in this dowdy feminine bottle, though, reveals a line of thinking that shows that the easier it is to spot the simple gender binary at a glance, the easier it is to move past it.

from scenthurdle

9-na
9-na

This scent is a wonderful memory reviver for me, with quite some patchouli in it. So. What's the memory about: we went to the country, he and I. The road was blocked thanks to lots and lots of snow. And it kept snowing and snowing, and snowing, and... It was chilling outside. We spilt some spices on the kitchen floor and were picking them off the boards, trying to keep our jeans as spice-free as possible. The stove, so hot, so close... Hands. Boards, cloves, cinnamon... Every single knee spiced, but we managed to pick some spices off the floor, too. The wind quietened outside. The snow and the chill stayed. And we were so comfortable, so happy and so warm by the almost red-hot stove.

oasis1313
oasis1313

Very slow to open up, with lacquered nail polish coming out of the gate first. Then it turns into something for Big Girls. What you'd wear if Clark Gable was coming over for a nightcap.

Tillhora
Tillhora

I'm with Blue Lady_Jan. On me, this fragrance was awful on first encounter, and even worse several hours later. I ended up throwing the bottle out I was so unimpressed.

Blue_Lady_Jane
Blue_Lady_Jane

Hearing the words 'dark', 'unique' & 'mysterious' had me extremely curious... All these descriptions apply but in a very negative way for me.
I have never had a perfume make me feel actually ill and this managed it. Awful, heavy, (plasticine as one person said) and incredibly depressing. Just imagining this mud of rotten, thick, acrid syrup that hits the back of your throat and won't move.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This one its too dark for me :)

TillyWave
TillyWave

Mon Parfum Cheri really does have an old fashioned, glamourous feel to it. They got that right. It feels deeply feminine, wise, graceful. It feels a little dark and risque but not earthy or even that woody. This on me has hardly any sillage, but over the course of the day, I appreciated it. I got wafts of it off and on all day long, but it wears quietly enough that it never got annoying. This perfume is liquidy smooth--I was expecting a powdery musk based on the reviews, but on my skin it never goes there. It's mostly plummy patchouli, with a hint of sweet flowers all the way, all day.

I have to confess that upon applying Annick Goutal MON PARFUM CHERI, my initial reaction was: "Meh. Goutal gets into the fruitchouli game." However, I had to eat my words shortly thereafter, because as the perfume developed and settled, it became more and more compelling to my nose. There is a lot more complexity here than I've sniffed in other fruitchoulis of late, and the high quality, natural-smelling ingredients which I've come to expect chez Annick Goutal are in full evidence as well.

The overall result is quite appealing: chewy, plummy, woody with some sweet florals along for the ride. I like this composition very much, I really do. Another big surprise is the heft, projection, and potency. I was sure that this must be an eau de parfum because of the sheer strength of this elixir. In fact, on the vial of my manufacturer's carded sample are clearly printed the words "eau de toilette". Nice to know that not all houses have succumbed to the temptation to dilute their wares to stretch them as thinly as possible...

Good work, Goutal! One must like plum and patchouli in order to enjoy wearing this perfume, but if you do, then this one's for you, as it's the best of the recent bunch of launches in this general mold.

fillifelle
fillifelle

Imagine a dark boudoir, a woman in a burgundy gown reclining on a plush leather chaise lounge. The room is filled with the incense-like scent of patchouli and iris hovering in the air, gently wafting through the windows into the incrutable night sky outside. The regal fragrance of Mon Parfum Cheri puts you in the mood of someone noble, strong, mysterious, and very very classy.

I have never been a patchouli fan, but this fragrance changes that. From the first sniff I am hooked! I placed a card into my handbag and the scent stayed there for 3 days. Finally after more than 2 months and endless thinking about it, I purchased my first bottle.

Intoxicating and mysterious. And only for the classy and old-school!

Filomena
Filomena

This fragrance's opening is bewitching (if you love patchouli). I don't know why but it brings me into the fantasy world of the director Tim Burton. The patchouli smells of wet leaves in a dark forest. In that forest a woman wanders she smells of dried prunes and wears a purple velvet dress. The woman of the story is the warm part of the fragrance (middle and base notes).
I have the edt.

mediterranean
mediterranean

This is what Coco Noir could have been. Dark, sultry, sensuous pick me up perfume. If you are able to survive the first blast of pachouli,then is incredible. For big Divas only!

serchina
serchina

I am so much in love with this beauty..the EDP is too strong for me, but the EDT is just perfect. The dirty patchouli with a touch of plum and some sweetness makes this stuff so incredible sexy..I swear I can smell patchouli with chocolate after a few hours.Sooo delicious and strange..absolutely one of my favorites!
You will love it only if you are into old-school perfumes. I have to mention that the bottle tells everything about this beauty.

Gabi310
Gabi310

Stevolution described it so well. It smells 'fatty & crayon-like' at first and surprisingly enough for an AG frag it last intesively for quite some time, so it's definitely not a daytime, office fragrance.
But there's something captivating, dark and beautiful below the odd initial blast that did'nt let me rub it off. This is a fragrance that I simply cannot dismiss based on the incompatibility of chemistry.  It's so puzzling & promising that I set my mind to learn to love it which is something I 've never considered before. For this effect alone I regard Mon Parfum Cherie, par Camille very unique and a must try for parfumelovers.

delilahcat
delilahcat

I usually like Annick Goutal fragrances but i have to admit this one was all wrong for me. In the bottle i got some of the heliotrope, violet and iris, ingredients that usually create a winner for me so i tried it on my arm. From this point things just went down hill, all i could smell was a sickly sweet plum, so ripe smelling it was almost a decaying smell! I dont know if this was a reaction to my skin chemistry or what it actually smells like but it was all wrong. The sharp masculine patcholi with the over ripe plum clashed horribly and all the soft flowers were gone. Its such a shame as it smelled ok in the bottle! But i like to end on a good note and that is that this fragrance certainly has longevity and stays with you, whether you want it to or not!

stevolution
stevolution

Smells a bit masculine. It's reminicent of Bois de Violette with a little Cuir d'iris, topped off with very dry patchouli. This is not a sweet fragrance. The violet and the iris give it a "fatty" edge, not unlike lipstick or an old snuffed tallow candle. At times, it smells almost crayon-like. I can see either male or female wearing this. It's very formal and I can't see wearing it blue jeans and t-shirt. It's very much a Mink-and-pearls or tuxedo kind of fragrance. For people who love dark, unsweetened powdery scents.

Warning: anyone who's usually not into strong perfumey, old school type of fragrances, should probably stay carefully away from Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille. This is anything but trendy, youthful or light-hearted / fresh type of stuff.

A dark and bold concoction of sour plum and iris laying on an extremely solid patchouli base while heliotropin floats around gently remarking its presence. As I previously said, the fragrance has an overall classic vibe, something that strikes as sort of chyprey minus the oakmoss (if this makes any sense) with a strong sour quality with powdery undertones. I'm actually not crazy about it but there are no ways to deny its solidity. Hardcore fragrance lovers, should definitely take note.

Femme fatale type of fragrance.

Rating: 7.5/10

akats
akats

This may be the only strong fragrance with great tenacity and sillage from AG, but unfortunatelly, the second that I did not like it! The opening was suffocating to me, although I am a fan of patchouli smells. There was something else sweet, metallic (I thought anise) but it is not listed. I don't know what bothered me so much the first hour. The combination of that sweet metallic heavy spiciness did not suit me at all. The dry down, was more pleasant, and only then (after 3 hours)I thought that it may be a nice warm smell. Not for me. I wish some other fragrances from AG had the same staying power as this...

Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille really surprised me in regards to it being so unique. Annick Goutal is my favourite niche house, and I have tried, and fallen in love with many of her scents. Camille Goutal took hold of the reins in the production of this fragrance, and what she's managed to come up with, is quite astounding.

This fragrance opens with a rather rich and alcoholic blast of plum and patchouli. The blend is quite full-bodied and strong, yet it only lasts a few minutes before Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille settles into a somewhat powdery concoction, a cross between medicinal ointments and powdery, vintage cosmetics.

Throughout most of its development, this fragrance is an earthy presentation of patchouli, plum and powdery iris. Grain de Musc describes this fragrance as an "earth-mama chypre", and I have to agree. It actually reminds me of Guerlain's Mitsouko strangely enough. Just a richer and darker version with a dash of plum dipped in spirits.

This scent is the epitome of Autumn weather. Cool, mysterious and tranquil. Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille is perhaps not as elegant nor as classic as other Annick Goutal offerings, yet there is something rather quaint and likable about its composition.

Unfortunately the longevity is rather weak on my skin, however I'm not sure whether my sample is in the EDP or EDT concentration. The sillage is so-so, a lot softer than I thought it would ultimately be. The opening is by far the strongest in terms of sillage.

This fragrance has turned out to be quite a success, with many perfume critics praising its earthy, fruity and chypre nature. I enjoy it too, however on my skin it gives me that guilty feeling of wearing another's perfume. In other words, Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille is not a fragrance that is particularly 'me'.

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

I think, this is the parfum which somebody hates or loves, but never undetectable, as milkyway said. For me, absolutely love, as I am a big fun of patchouli, but agree those people who wrote "only pathouli lovers"! :)

One of my favorite and definitely on my wish-list!

milkyway
milkyway

The bottle, the ribbon, the color of the juice are all absolutely perfect for this fragrance.
It is a heady, gooey even smell. It is not exceptionally similar to Eau De Lune by Laura Mercier, but I found it has a similar quality to it, the way it reacts with the skin, the way it is oh-so-heavy on the florals..
It is one of the purest versions of floral-woody-musk on the market at the moment. It has it all- the heady heavy florals, the strong woody base and the musky aftertaste. Smells a little like the flower shop to me.
I find it overwhelming. but it certainly is a statement perfume- people WILL remember it and definitely have opinion on it.

daniela3
daniela3

Nice balance between the "good" old tradition and a glimpse to the future. Rich, evocative, complex and velvety on one side while modern, a little sharp, sophisticated and "the more you smell the more you love it" on the other side. I know and appreciate A.G.'s fragrances and I confess that if I had only smelled it with my eyes shut I wouldn't have recognized that M.P.C. belongs to her atelier! It's out of the choir whereas many new fragrances risk to resemble one the others: finally only a little touch of plump. Great!: I was getting tired of all those "eadible, yummy-yummy, gourmand" scents......
So, I've already put it in my list!

spoombung
spoombung

Whoah!

Astonishingly strong, long-lasting, spicy, dusty, dry, musty patchouli scent with LOTS of character. There is slight metallic element in there that some may find difficult. It has some similarities with Kokorico but it's much rawer. Quite unisex (maybe more masculine?) in it's appeal despite the girlie bow and bottle. I think it would sell twice as much if the ribbon was ditched, the bottle was redesigned and it was marketed as a unisex or masculine fragrance.

I like it.

lizainterpres
lizainterpres

Goodness, I love it! It is so unique, velvety, sweet, sexy-dirty, mmmm... Should I make a Christmas present for myself?

Henriette
Henriette

After all the soft scents from Annick Goutal, this is a most welcome creation. I must confess I was getting tired of all those soft, young girl, flowery creations - very beautiful indeed, very well crafted as only this great house could do - but so girly, at least to me, that I was almost disappointed.
This is a lovely creation: elegant chypre with modern fruit and trasgressive patchouli. It has all the right ingredients a great creation must possess. It's not one direction only: it has the soft of the chypre tamed by the strength of patchouli and made modern by the fruity note.
I love it, very very classy but not boring. Very refined but not "old lady". Very modern but not too trendy to be soon forgotten. PERFECT!

spookyjan
spookyjan

This is beautifull,you have to wait for it to evolve.At first i thought it was too plumb an sweet but after wearing this for 1 hour it reached its best time, truly lovely lots of comments on how good i smell.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

A perfume with caracter and personality: dark, mysterious, dusty, evoces the taste of a precious liquor or port-wine. I especially love the plum-iris-spice accord. A masterpiece and definitely on my wishlist!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I love this damn house. It is gorgeous! The plum mixed with the patchouli is perfect. It creates a sweet, intoxicating, incense smell. I knew it was going to breathtaking! The violets and iris are subtly sweet and musty...just GRAND!

Update: For patchouli lovers only! You will smell like a refined hippie...LARGE dose of patchouli!

ewan22
ewan22

Bardzo intrygujący zapach,trzeba poczekać z oceną ponieważ początek bardzo mylący!!
Jak damy szanse aby zapach rozwinął się na naszej skórze, doczekamy się aromatu pełnego subtelnej elegancji i wyrafinowania.
Piękny,wyjątkowy-moje gratulacje dla marki A.G.

suile
suile

Tried this today, didn't like it at all. Whilst I wouldn't go quite as far as a man at the counter who was also sampling it - in his view, it smells like a damp funeral parlour - there is a definite floral (powdery iris) note combined with a wet vegetation smell (patchouli), that is not very appealing to me.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Yes la louve, I agree:)
Very impressive, totally immune for market trends! Extraordinary!
The first whiff is sharp alcoholic, somebody mentioned it as plum-schnapps:) and then comes a note which I don't like so much, it smells a bit like laundry which has spent a night too long in the washing machine:) but that note fades quickly. Then comes a glorious dark patchouli blast followed by the powdery fluffy irs and violet. A really dark flower powder scent for which I have nothing to compare it with!! Very unique and therefore I love Annick Goutal. A masterpiece !(in my nose)

la louve
la louve

I received it today... its a DREAM!!! :-)I´m totally impressed... Dark, smooth, mysterious ...
Can´t stop to snuffle my wrist. ;o) I love it!
LOVE from LOUVE <3

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.