Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Rose Absolue Annick Goutal for women

Rose Absolue Annick Goutal for women
dislike

Rose Absolue Annick Goutal for women Pictures

Rose Absolute is a fragrance presented in 1984, made in a floral rhythm from six kinds of rose. Seductive bouquet dazes with scents of rose de Mai, Turkish rose, Bulgarian rose, Damask rose, Egyptian and Moroccan as well. Intensive and powdery, it evokes memories of the walks along the rose gardens. It is available as 50 and 100 ml edp. The new, pink ribbon edition was launched in 2008, contributing donations for the American breast cancer foundation. It is identical to the 1984 edition, available as 50 ml edt. 30 % of the price goes to the foundation.

Rose de Mai Damask Rose Turkish Rose Egyptian Rose Moroccan Rose Bulgarian Rose

Roses
Rose Supreme

Rose Absolue Fragrance Reviews

kyl77
kyl77

This is simply gorgeous. It's like a bouquet of freshly cut roses - sweet, fresh, and natural. I feel beautiful when I wear this perfume.

My mother brought back a bottle of this from Paris for me years ago. It's probably one of the most beautiful gifts I've ever received. This is all rose, fresh and green, still gracing the stem. The sweetness is light and buoyant. A graceful fragrance, this is made for special occasions even if that's just Tuesday afternoon.

nada
nada

I don't detect much rose in this at all. It may be a rose water,not absolute. Goutal's scents are quite herby anyway,so this is a fresh scent but not rosy to me.. Disappointing,I did want it to be what it sais - a rose absolute. All the reviews here are raving about it being perfect rose, and I wish I could say the same.

fuffilina
fuffilina

Annick Goutal's Rose Absolue is simply the best Summer scent for me. It is a sweet, high quality rose scent that has neither soap nor incense, and is not overwhelming. It is refreshing and not overpowering, sitting gently on the skin. I love it's simplicity, best paired with a Helmut Lang dress!

kbot
kbot

This started a little questionably on me at first--all little more vintage than I was expecting and veering to soapy--but, throughout the day, settled into an unfurling, layered rose that kept me pleasantly surprised.

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

At first I smelled roses on top of something soapy and woody, but after a while there was a smell that reminded me of hospital waiting rooms and mosquito candles! I think I'll look for a different rose scent!

vagabondant
vagabondant

I bought it in Galerie Lafayette. With all the great ingredients, it smells like a soap overdue with a little hint of ink. The longevity and sillage is pathetic. I just will never ever buy Annick Goutal or Les parfums de Rosine which is also horrible to me. A perfume for the grandmas, that's all.

fostermd
fostermd

For my perfume wardrobe to be complete I wanted it to include among other things my dream soliflore of every flower that I love the smell of and rose was among them. I was looking for a rose perfume that smelled like the living flower and not a rose perfume, so I was not looking for one with woods and musks. Also I was not looking for one that was weighted down with massive, syrupy Bulgarian rose absolute. I saw all the types of rose absolute that she picked to put into this and correctly predicted that the effect would be a very well balanced full, rich rose that just offered everything that I could imagine in a rose and nothing more and nothing less. That is pretty much what this is. It's an extremely natural smelling rose presume that smells like a living rose and not a heavy rose perfume. It is not overly sweet, nor is it peppery or spicy or heavy on the citronella. Once my bottle ran out I did not replace it but in the neat future I will. It is a great rose perfume that I think every rose enthusiast should definitely have in his or her collection.

love ferfumes
love ferfumes

A beautifully realistic bouquet of pink roses. Unfortunately, it stinks on my skin, so I had to give it away.

PerfectFloral
PerfectFloral

Of all the rose parfums I know this comes closest to a scent of live, blowsy, opened up rose on a hot summer day. Trouble is it does not last for me. Had to layer it with Crabtree and Evelyn Rosewater to take me through the day (an expensive rose and a cheap rose, but it works).

Eurochic
Eurochic

I'm not sure if I should write a review for this perfume because I don't trust my nose anymore.
Reason 1) AG perfumes just don't go with my chemistry, I get a plasticky note from almost all of her creations.
Reason 2) While I love the smell of fresh roses in a garden or in a vase, I can rarely stand anything that is rose scented: perfumes, body lotions, hand creams, you name it.
So, I happened to get my hands on Rose Absolue EDP (it was in a lot) and decided to give it a try before putting it up for sale.
Spritz: yup, strong rose, as all the others, bah :(

Hang on a minute! after a few hours this turns into a sweet powdery rose scent. If this were any sweeter, or layered with Jour de Fete (as I kind of tried) this is a little bit reminiscent of the rose element in KM Loukhoum.
I'm shocked! I found a rose perfume that I can actually and honestly say I like.
It's not a love though, and I probably wouldn't wear it, so I'm thinking about making a small decant to keep before I put it up for sale.

Goes on wet as a simple, moist rose scent, but dries down really super sweet on me, which kind of ruins it.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

Tricky to review. Rose perfumes are so varied in their style and people have different preferences. This is not a strong heady Tauer type rose. It doesn't smell artificial. It does smell beautiful initially and on dry down more of a soapy damascene rose oil. It isn't too strong, in fact I would say strength is perfect for a rose perfume. I didn't get a headache. It's nice and if you like roses then I think you would like this perfume. It would suit all ages and is feminine without being too girly. I like it although I don't wear it too often. I will try it on other people and update this post.

This fragrance really smells roses, besides very natural.

I like it, but I prefer even more intensive roses fragrances. It's intensive in the beginning, but in the end it starts to smell like Bulgarian rose oil - rose damascena.

A good choice for the roses bouquet lovers in perfumes:)

kabelaced
kabelaced

Started out an old fashioned smelling rose; going further in, this smells like an actual rose plant like you'd get a whiff of outside. It is so plantlike it smells a bit acidic or vinegary, and if I sniff very hard, I catch a very faint ambergris-like note. Not sweet, but honest for a flower fragrance. Very much a "living rose."

I am still looking for another rose fragrance like the one that started my current craze: Bvlgari Rose Essentielle; this one definitely isn't it, but I think I'd give this to a gardener friend, because it makes me think of planting roses.

aschiffm
aschiffm

smells like there's nothing but natural living and breathing deep red roses shoved inside this bottle.

Never smelled a perfume so close to the scent of actual roses until this!

Anyone who even considers a perfume with the name ROSE ABSOLUE, can hardly find fault with a composition comprising all and only roses all the time. That's what this Annick Goutal creation is. To be more precise: all rose petals, all the time. There are apparently six different varieties of rose present in this creation, so if you love roses, you'll probably be in heaven.

What is not present is anything but rose petals! This is definitely not a rosebush-in-a-blender (no green elements) or a powdery or an oriental or a fruity rose. No. 'Rose' is the key word here. ROSE ABSOLUE may be the result literally of suspending rose absolute in the usual fragrance solvent suspects. This composition is less complex than Guerlain Aqua Allegoria ROSA MAGNIFICA, which contains aldehydes and some other "adulterants". It is also a lot less complex than Yves Rocher ROSE ABSOLUE, which also used this name, but arguably in error.

If I had a bottle of Annick Goutal ROSE ABSOLUE, I'd in all likelihood use it in the way I use my ROSA MAGNIFICA: to mix with the Montales which I find too oudy. It's nice, but I usually want a bit more to my perfume than a pile of rose petals. Of course there are much worse things!!!!!

dulcette
dulcette

a bed of roses!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Rose Absolue is absolutely nostalgia, it’s the kind of rose came from the 80s. Other than the six breeds of roses, the background in this scent is quite heavy, smells like musky sandalwood. The roses themselves do not last long on me, about 2 hours. When the roses are gone, only a woody note left over.

This is Very different from what we often smell from modern rose scents, subjectively I don’t like it. Rose from Chloe is my favorite.

jamie.smith
jamie.smith

I love rosewater but I hated this perfume. It was entirely overbearing on me and I got a massive headache. But the effort is worthy of praise.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

At first spray you get something along the lines of Joy: something very "Grande Dame". The first few minutes are very animalistic and green, yes I'm talking about that cat pee note... like those vintage perfumes that didn't have to smell pretty and clean like nowadays. The further the fragrance develops, the gentler it becomes. The animal turns musky and powdery. The roar from the opening turns into a purr as the scent stays quite close to the skin.

Karlovonavesti made an clever remark about the difference between rose absolutes and headspace rose notes. Thought Rose Absulue is made of absolutes it really smells of a living flower to me. An antique rose bush (you know that type of rose with just a few petals). Something like say Chloé Signature only smells like the "idea" people have of a rose but not of the real thing. In a former life I used to work in a perfume shop, when customers asked me: "I would like something with roses, I love roses". I always had to test them to be sure they really liked roses, or just floral notes. So, I showed them first Drôle the Rose by L'Artisan, which is a nice romantic rose with lots of violet and orange blossom... lovely, soft, romantic and powdery. And then I showed them my idea a real rose: Fleurs de Thé Rose Bulgare... green, animalistic to the point of the narcotic. From their reaction I could work further to find their perfect rose fragrance.

Only to say that Rose Absolue isn't going to be everybody's cup of tea, it's not a crowed pleaser. Some persons might even have strong negative reactions to it. But as for me I love it, but I'll wear it only when I'm not working.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Broadly speaking, there are two categories of rose perfume out there: those that employ the relatively-new "headspace" technology, and those that render the flower the old-fashioned way by using absolutes. Rose Absolue is of the second method, and stands as one of the finest in the genre. I prefer this type of rose scent over the headspace stuff because the experience of inhaling rose fumes from several inches away for a sustained length of time usually leads to a headache. However, the dense, rubbery oil of rose possesses none of the heady green loudness of modern perfumes. The redness is turned a deep purple. The smell is that of raw rose, mixed with ground stems, soil, and burnt mulch. The sweet verdancy of a young rose is nowhere to be found. Rose Absolue conjures the feeling of deep roses, old, ripe roses. The intensity of the absolute is such that granny perfume is replaced with oily, Arabian-like woods and spices. This is man juice in disguise.

Rose Absolue is truly unisex, beautifully made, and worth the price of admission. Wear it confidently in the late summer, early-fall, and enjoy the delicious warmth and depth of its composition.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

ROSE ABSOLUE is like a beautiful dream where I am surrounded by countless number of roses of all colors and their heavenly smell. Oh wait, I look in the mirror and it is no longer me – I was also turned into a beautiful red rose.

ROSE ABSOLUE is a rose in a concentration of times ten. It is pure, sweet, strong and oh… so rosy and so heavenly!

If you are looking for pure and concentrated rose fragrance, this is it.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

IT is really THE ROSE fragrance, for rose soliflore lovers as me:) For me the slight sourness in the opening fades away quickly giving way to the brilliant different rose extracts, lovingly put together making the room you (over)sprayed it in turn into a lovely rose garden..just brilliant! after 4 hours I still got some sweet powdery Bulgarian rose.. and yes maybe it's not for the lovers of abstract rose fragrances.

Cereza
Cereza

Pure rose scent, but I dislike it very much. On me this is very cold, sour and mettalic rose, reminds me lot of the Bulgarian rose oil my grandmother used to bath herself in. By this I mean - she used so much of it, that it was hard to breath standing next to her.

No offence, I do like rose very much. But I like my rose powdery and warm (except if we talk about chypre's, then cold rose is ok), but here it's just EXTREMELY soapy and reminds me a lot of some kind of rose scented soap.

And for the price? A definite NO.

In the boutique where I managed to track down this fragrance, the tester bottle was hidden away due to many instances of thievery, with this fragrance being the most desirable to steal.

The sales assistant refused to spray this on a card or on my skin, and argued that Rose Absolue is best experienced when sprayed directly into the cap.

From what I can recall, which is not as vivid as other scents that I often review, was a rather strong, rich concoction of various roses.

The concentration of this fragrance is close to rose-scented oil. In some instances the amount of roses in this fragrance can seem like way too much. The name pretty much sums up this fragrance. If you don't like rose, don't bother trying Rose Absolue.

I can only imagine that this fragrance would feel like velvet on the skin. There's something so very majestic about it. Rose Absolue smells like royalty and the upper class.

Many mention the old-fashioned appeal of this fragrance, which I'm a huge fan of. That quaint, antique style is what makes me love Annick Goutal's scents in the first place.

Every single, unique and exotic rose blends together so naturally. In all honesty I love my rose scents when blended with other notes, like Rose Barbare with its honey and spices or Quel Amour! with its mint and peony. However Rose Absolue is beautiful in all its singularity.

Due to Rose Absolue's richness, I would recommend this fragrance for Winter wear or even romantic occasions. For a fresher, more Spring-like rose, Quel Amour! or Ce Soir ou Jamais are nice alternatives.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am a rose-lover so I do like Rose Absolue by default. It is however, not my favourite representation of the majesty of roses. Nor is it as good as AG's Ce Soir ou Jamais which is much sweeter and 'petaly'.

Absolue is greenish, dry, peppery and yes, a little sour. It is still however, unmistakable rose in all its glory. I recommend testing before you buy, even for rabid rose-lovers, just to make sure this type of unusual rose is what you are looking for.

louyse
louyse

I purchased this fragrance because of my love of roses. I was disappointed as the rose smell is old fashioned. The perfume was also very expensive (85.00). I own "Elegant Rose" by Taylor of London and the scent is much better, longer lasting, and under $25.00

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

i would like to test it , any way i think i will buy it cause i like nearly every perfume with rose and cause i especially lov Morrocan, turkish, and damask roses i think im gonna love it ! yeah

gardeniacherie
gardeniacherie

This is remarkable!!!! Truely remarkable........Like a room of Thousands and thousands of ROSES

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Rose Absolue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Rose Absolue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay