Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Rose Splendide Annick Goutal for women

Rose Splendide Annick Goutal for women
dislike

Rose Splendide is a new fragrance from the niche house of Annick Goutal, inspired by flowers and roses, presented in 2010.

Rose Splendide is based on the intense aromas of musk mixed with Centifolia rose, magnolia and pear. The scent is designed as an ode to women who prefer romantic scents and cherish romantic moments in their lives. Rose Splendide will be available on the market from September 2010 in quantities of 100ml.

The recognizable glass bottle this time is decorated with a romantic pink bow - in the spirit of the whole edition.

Musk Rose Magnolia Pear

Wet Garden
Dance with Givenchy

Rose Splendide Fragrance Reviews

jongs166
jongs166

This smells exact the same as the Splendide care-line from AG. If you use the Splendide bodycreme along with this perfume, it wil stay with you true the whole day. I used to use the bodycreme with 'Ce soir au jamais'' but now I have the Rose Splendide and I love both!! I don't understand the comments about rotting leafes etc. On me it is A very fresh and at the same time powdery and A bit sweet, unique rose scent and I get A lot of compliments when I wear this along with the Splendide bodycream! One of my favorite summer rose scents, the others are 'Rose and Hyacinth' from Ecoudray and 'Sa majeste la rose' by Serge Lutens.

stacia79
stacia79

This is so similar to Ce Soir ou Jamais that it's hardly worth it's own review. This is Annick Goutal's "lite" version of CSOJ. I did not find any of the magnolia or pear in this. Not much sillage and it hardly lasted 3 hours on my skin. The Annick Goutal line is not great on longevity, which is too bad for such a pricey brand. Any online reviews that refer to Rose Splendide as "watery" have got it right. I've tried about 8 AGs now, hoping for an exquisite fairytale and being disappointed for the most part. I did love Le Chevrefeuille but that was the outlier.

davide2111
davide2111

Delicato e pulito nel senso olfattivo più fresco! Non sono un grande fan della casa ma con Rose Splendide penso che siano riusciti a fare un mix di note olfattive perfetto! Tutto gira intorno alla ROSA e non potrebbe essere altrimenti: la magnolia rende la ROSA UMIDA, il muschio FRESCA infine, la pera DOLCE ma in modo fruttato. Via finalmente dalle fragranze con le rose quelle fastidiose note talcate. Le rose sono fresce e grondano di ruggiada non di polvere. Evviva Annick Goutal ha sdoganato un profumo alle rose anche per under 22! Complimenti.
Profumo 8.5/10
Sillage 6/10
Longevità 6/10

Taliera
Taliera

Some may not like it, but I LOVE this scent. Rose Spelndide did not initially strike me as a rose + something-else composition. I did not even think of it as green, dirty etc. I just thought of it as being incredibly natural, non-sweet rose... I love real roses, and I find that their smells are actually incredibly diverse. This is one thing I don't think many Fragrantica members are aware of... Some roses smell exactly like this. Equally, there are sweet roses, spicy roses, fruity roses, powdery roses, floral roses, citric roses, deep roses, light roses, peppery roses, jammy roses, etc. The label on rose bushes usually tells you. When a fragrance note lists Damask rose or May rose, for example, it is an approximation of what it smells like. In the garden industry there are so many hybrids that people rarely buy "Damask" or "May". Even within these categories there are variations. I'm not so knowledgeable that I can tell you exactly what type of rose this is. But I know, despite pear, magnolia and musk being listed as notes, this simulates a very natural rose. To me it is red. And fresh. With its vegetation intact, as if there's a cut bunch standing up in a vase. My bottle came damaged in the mail (50% spilled out), so I made the most of this sad situation by placing the drenched box on the hall table. It is a wonderful fake bouquet!

senalica
senalica

With this I cannot detect any other notes, just the rose. To me this perfume is the very rose in a bottle - there is no sweetness that usually is present in rose perfumes nor any other accents to dial down the flowery bitterness. It does smell very natural and pure, but definitely requires testing before buying.

kbot
kbot

VERY green on me! I like it, but def more of a summer scent--I can't imagine this for cold weather. Cut grass almost overpowers the rose for me, in fact. I prefer AG Rose Absolue.

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

Light, fresh rose petals on a pile of tangled green beanstalk.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I ordered samples of this to try, but then while in the midst of a 3 A.M. bargain hunting spree I found a fb of this for a very good price and ordered before it was gone. I have no rose fragrances in my collection - everything I tried was either too cloying or too faint, and I do like AG. So of course both samples and fb arrived on the same day! Praying I would like it, I sprayed. It was just a bit too sweet at first, but then it turned to a lovely 'pink' rose with just a hint of pear with a fresh earthy scent mixed in with a musky finish. Splendide indeed!

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Annick Goutal Rose Splendide opens very bitter on me. It gradually mellows, while a fluffy, marshmallow-like sweet rose emerges. The rose feels almost gourmand, very pink and girly.

However, the bitterness won't let go. Although the contrast of bitterness and sweetness can sometimes make wonder, in the case of Rose Splendide, I actually find it dissonant in an annoying way, unforutnately. The bitterness eventually fades away after 6 hours, and leaves a fluffy rose cotton candy on my skin. Delicious, but it took too long to get there for me.

The sillage is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 8 hours. I enjoy the gourmand, fluffy rose in Rose Splendide. However, the bitterness prevents me from fully enjoying it. I think it's an interesting pink fruity-floral, but I'd strongly recommend testing before buying due to the strange bitterness.

lollsazz
lollsazz

This smells completely different on me than on most, it seems. The smell I get is very green - like freshly cut grass (not the nasty synthetic grass notes, like in Daisy from Marc Jacobs). It smells almost exactly like when my grandma took me with her to a museum where she cut grass: it had light pink wild roses, morning dew and many different types og plants - not only grass: dandelions, Bishop's weed, shepherd's purse, chickweed, etc. It smells very very natural om me - maybe even a little hippie? It is not sweet, but not bitter or medicinal in any way. Sadly, I can *feel* this has a lot of synthetic musk because of the bad head aches I get from this. I actually don't smell any pear in this - am I anosmic to something in this?

SullenAngel
SullenAngel

Nice sweet fruity floral with a hint of musk. Doesn't last long on me, quickly becomes a skin scent. Rose is matched with magnolia and pear which is fine with me. Really want it! I don't get any of the dirty notes others are complaining about, lucky me!
This might be my next purchase if my other samples don't wow me. : )

PerfectFloral
PerfectFloral

I love and seek out rose perfumes, and I have several other Goutal scents which I like. But this one...At the beginning, a faint whiff of rosebud (or did I imagine it trying to persuade myself?), quickly disintegrating into a strange, sweet chocolatey smell. I waited for half an hour and asked somebody else with a good nose to smell it on my hand. "Chocolate" was the answer. Voilà.

cinsot
cinsot

One of the more expensive mistakes I have made; sniffing from the bottle I fell for an exquisite pink rosebud in bloom. Some days later (post purchase transaction) I sprayed this "beauty" all over myself anticipating pink petal nirvana. Not.

I'm in the "dirt and leaves" camp with this one. I could even go as far as describing my experience as resembling the smell of a romp in the compost. The sensation of being up close and personal on an organic flora mattress (rain forest floor, botanical gardens, garden compost - take your pick).

Hmmm... Not the desired outcome I was anticipating (despite the lively memories!).

I'm devastated my nose interprets an under ripe very green pear note as something other than what it essentially is. Numerous efforts to learn to like this have failed miserably unfortunately.

On the upside (ever the optimist) Rose Spendide's eye-catching bottle is on display on my vanity, the only perfume from my collection allowed out of dark storage.

It does look very pretty.

JennyMH
JennyMH

I thought roses weren't for me but was drawn to rose fragrances as they were the favourite scents of my mother. Rose Splendide works really well for me. There is a freshness and crispness in the rose despite the sweetness. I love it for spring and summer seasons and I wore it into autumn. For me it works as a daytime fragrance and I can wear it to the office. It isn't that long lasting on me but it is lovely. I will go back to the lovely Annick Goutal shop in the Place Vendome this spring to replenish. My husband has for years liked the violet fragrance which he has worn on evening occasions.

Roseblight
Roseblight

Against all the reviews I had read and the adorable bottle, I found Rose Splendide to smell overwhelmingly and unpleasantly of dirt and rotting leaves. There was a faint sweet-floral note somewhere in the background, but the whole thing was like a corpse buried in a wet garden.

I feel rather musk and pear than rose or magnolia.
Disappointment(

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

I love this potionnnnn! It is very lovely n class! Even my friend requested to hv a spritz when i passed by her. Some of my friends enjoy tis as well. Unique like no other. Initially i dun like it n feeling meh. Few days later im into tis like crazy (:

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This is one of the nicest rose scents that I have ever smelt.
The first spritz is almost like tea rose, I swear I can smell a freshly brewed mug of sweet tea. The rose is so gentle and pretty. There is no bitterness here at all and I really feel like I am taking a walk through a rosé garden after a rain fall. I can smell the earth and the freshness that a rain shower leaves when the rain stops and everything is damp and slightly sodden.
This is a gentle and uncomplicated perfume which sits beautifully on my skin and remains there without shouting at everyone.
Longevity is average, but if you love rose, you really must add this little beauty to your collection.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Bright pink rose . At first it starts of very peppery on my skin . then it settles Down to a green selling rose . Not deap dark , but Bright green and fresh, Its very refreshing SO right for summertimes and spring ..But also apropriet the rest of the year . The Musk is also prominent on my skin. A bit to much InFact.. I cant take to much musk . my head starts to hurt. To bad realy . Thsi is a realy beautiful creation.
The magnolia and pear is there but on my skin it takes the back seat.
This last a long long time on my sin strong and fresh,
This reminds me of Neil Morris Vanille Rose.with the green Rose
lovely but not my type . My bottle will og for swapp
the dry Down also reminds me of Roses Musk Montale

Lynee'99
Lynee'99

I like rose scents and was not sure if I would like this after reading other reviewers saying it was true to the experience of walking through a rose garden, even to the point of having a "dirt-like" quality. Gosh, I should have listened. Again, I am out a lot of $$$$ as sadly this scent does not work on me. It starts off with a very "earthy" "soil-like" aroma mixed with roses. It only got worse with the "grassy, green" quality" overpowering the rose. Some days I cannot try on a scent and wear it for a day, I have to impulse buy and this was one of them. Does anyone know of any reputable perfume swap websites?

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I sampled this today on one wrist, on the other I tried Fracas. I expected this to be fresher and greener from the reviews and to be somewhat light and fleeting. However I was completely taken aback by the strength of this on me, it far overpowered Fracas, and lasted most of the day. In the end Fracas won slightly on longevity, but Rose Splendide was strong stuff indeed. It's a simple rose soliflore and not much else, but it's not an old fashioned rose, it's a realistic rose, but a powerful rose not a watery rose petals in water one. I would have preferred it to be more green and earthy than it was and a yunger rose, as it was it was an almost finished rose, one that it just about to lose it's petals.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Rose Splendide is the most accurate smell of a fresh and green rose bush I have ever encountered. It's nothing like a red deep rose, or an old-fashioned rose.
It smells like wild pink roses in an unkempt English garden: petals, foliage, leaves, a little bit of dirty earth. I never imagined there was pear in it.
Rose Splendide is pure. True to nature. Romantic. Delicate. I think I have found the perfect spring rose scent for me.

I was a bit surprised to find that Annick Goutal ROSE SPLENDIDE is just as much about magnolia and pear as it is about rose. The opening does smell mostly of rose, but as the fragrance ("eau parfumée" is the concentration indicated on the manufacturer's produced sample"--not sure, actually, what that means...) develops, the magnolia and the pear become much stronger. I'd say that the magnolia is on an equal footing with the rose for quite a while, but by the drydown, this ends up being a fairly fruity experience. Not overly sweet, but fruity enough to mention, since some people in the market for a "splendid rose" are bound to be disappointed by what they will regard as the adulterant pear in this composition.

ROSE SPLENDIDE is a fine, albeit simple fruity-floral fragrance. It smells very natural, and I would recommend this as a gift to younger perfume users, to help wean them off celebrity scents. It does not really hold a candle to some of the truly splendid truly and mostly rose perfumes readily available, but it is certainly pleasant to wear.

dulcette
dulcette

is this even rose? smells like dirt and crushed leaves.

w.voermans
w.voermans

This rose perfume is the first rose scent I like!
Not to sweet and overwhelming. It is a green floral scent. It is lovely to wear during the day in summer.
It is ladylike and elegant.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Rose Splendide is a brisk rose, meanwhile natural and original. It’s interesting that it always changes, sometimes smells exactly like green roses, sometimes it’s like pink cotton candy… there is also an interesting note in this perfume that I can’t tell exactly what it is, something smells like sandy soil. However the lasting power seems to be a common issue for all Annick Goutal fragrances, need to re-spray it to keep the roses alive. Quite a light and casual one for hot summers.

allyendawn
allyendawn

The name speaks for itself: Rose Splendide. Indeed the most beautiful rose perfume, stylish and feminine to the max.

mediterranean
mediterranean

Lovely romantic rose,but not a teenage rose ,but a mature rose with some green in it. It would make a beautiful signature scent because it is soft and subtle but longlasting.
Very appropiate for all situations, elegant,and ladylike.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Another love of mine by Annick Goutal. This is just a sublime rose perfume. Far different to Rose Absolue. A pure rose smell - very much like a tea rose from the garden, very gentle. The rose is prominent on my nose with just a touch of pear and vanilla. Oddly when I put it on it smelt of virtually nothing and I honestly thought I had got an watered down bottle! But as time went on the scent grew (much like a rose!) - I went back to Space NK and then read that Eau Parfumee has a lighter concentration than an eau de toilette or an eau de parfum - hence the lightness!

I love this smell of rose and it works very well on my skin! To me this is the most natural rose perfume I have come across!

PiggyB
PiggyB

Green Green Green Rose.
It might be too green to detect the smell of flowers.
But to my nose, it is still flower whatever people says about it.
It is well considered with the eager to be a natural flower.
Roses has each different face and holds tight not to be blown by a mean strong wind, I wish their petals bear the storm.
Vine of roses from green grassy land, it is connected to the ground, the earth, Terra.
It reminds me of familiar smell of Eau Splendide, it was a gift and I got that at Annick’s boutique.

Although I like rose, I did not like this rose scent at all. So far I never liked any Goutal scent. I don't know what it is but I always find these scents somehwat disturbing.

catmanchee
catmanchee

rose rose i love u~

Melchizedek
Melchizedek

Doesn't last long and a little bit sour as it dries.
But afterall I like the musky and green taste of it--not too sharp like Jo Malone's red rose or too fruity.

I was a little dubious about Rose Splendide at first. I was wondering how Annick Goutal was going to manage another rose scent when it was already competing with Ce Soir Ou Jamais, Rose Absolue and Quel Amour! Rose Splendide has proven itself a different composition altogether, and one that I am happy to own a sample of.

Rose Splendide is in two words, fresh and green. The scent opens very garden-like, rather like the scent of a rose bush rather than the flower. There's even a slight hint of the soil, creating a strangely addictive naturalness. This seems to be a new trend with Annick Goutal, since their other 2010 release, Ninfeo Mio has a similar garden-like feel.

This fragrance is original and very unique. I have honestly never smelt a rose fragrance like this. It takes a lot of getting used to, but after some time, Rose Splendide begins to grow on you.

Towards the heart, the pear is clearly noticeable, however it is more tart than sweet and fruity. It's like pureed pears and crushed red rose petals. As the scent settles, there's a subtle hint of sweet musk and powder.

This is obviously a fragrance that defies the stereotypical rose perfume. It aims towards something breath-takingly beautiful and natural, like something you'd find in the wilderness, not bottled up with added synthetics and alcohol. I am amazed that Annick Goutal has gone in this direction, leaving behind its signature, old-fashioned vibe.

Rose Splendide's delicate, Spring-like vivaciousness is rather adorable as it sets itself apart from the fruitier rose in Quel Amour! The lasting power is rather good, however I am reviewing the EDP. This new release is worthy of a sniff from all rose lovers alike.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Rose Splendide is a delicate mixture of modern rose and fruity notes. If you love traditional solo-flower rose fragrances you will love this one too (the rose in this scent is dominant and subtle at the same time). There is a slight cotton-note in this perfume which makes this scent so exquisite (not mentioned here as an ingredient, may be it is the magnolia note which my nose detects as cotton). Rose Splendide has to be worn with high-class clothing, not casual.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Rose Splendide fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Rose Splendide, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose Splendide by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose Splendide by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay