Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Sables Annick Goutal for men

Sables Annick Goutal for men
dislike

herbal

Sables by Annick Goutal is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Sables was launched in 1985. Top notes are immortelle and cinnamon; middle notes are pepper and black tea; base notes are sandalwood and amber.

Immortelle Cinnamon

Helicriss

Sables Fragrance Reviews

sepheme
sepheme

This is one of the strangest and one of the most comforting things I think I've ever smelled. It is a real challenge to my nose, accustomed as it is to sweetness from more conventional notes. Even though the burnt sugar is unmistakable, it is elusive and have to work for it. But then there it is, fully. It's as if I keep losing sense of what it is I'm smelling! I think I'm loving it.

I experience this as herbal, but not green. It smells like dried flowers and herbs being sorted on a warm day, perhaps on a wood bench heated by the sun. The herbs are not too green or bitter, maybe chamomile, bark, and calendula flowers. There's a dusty smell about it that is not off-putting, but rather the nature of dried things. I get no fenugreek or curry. The pepper keeps it dry, and the amber smooths out the edges. The sandalwood is milky and soft. I don't think I'd wear it out, as it is so challenging, but it could become a staple at home.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

This is beautiful, haunting and a very unusual take on an ambery, herbal fragrance. However, immortelle (on/to me at least) smells unmistably of curry so whilst this id lovely, it isn't what I'd choose to smell of.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Spicy, herbal, sweet, burnt, smoky....and it smells like heat on a stone surface...glorious rich hot swirls of dusty spices...this is what the spice, melange on Arrakis/Dune smells like. Some say curry, I say burnt sugar and spices with lots of herbal, dried flower nuances. Addictive, strong and warm. Scrumptious!

Calvini
Calvini

Finally got to try this (It's harder and harder to find Annick Goutal)..
Even though the notes share little similarity, I think it's closer to Fougere Bengale than Immortelle Tribal, as it is much smokier & spicier than the latter, and the sandalwood isn't as milky & sweet.

Lemon Lime
Lemon Lime

Towards the end of the popular animation movie "Ratatouille", Anton Ego tastes his dinner cooked by Remy and almost instantly he is transported back to his childhood. Upon sniffing Sables, within seconds, I had an identical "time travelling" fascinating experience.

So, here I am, a young boy once more, enjoying his carefree summer holidays, spending the day with family & friends at the beach. It is almost miday, the air is dry & hot and barely cools our sweaty faces. It smells peculiar yet welcoming. Standing on the rocks of the nearby cliff, resting from our exloration adventure, we can hear the wind swirling upon the sand, stealing the sea's saltiness, mixing it with the air's friendly warmth & the pungent odour of our golden flowers. They were "ours" because they were "golden" and because we were the "brave" ones to conquer the top ! 35 years later, I think I can still smell the freshly cut immortelle flowers in my hands.

Sables is a strong sentimental perfume that envelops my senses with its spicy, smoky sweet, peppery aura and daring temperament, softening to an embracing and comforting dark woody ambery aroma, that eliminates the passing of time.

It tells a story.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

I love the original version of Sables and was saddened to see the degree to which it was toned down in the reformulation. Anyone who really wants to experience this frag in its glory owes it to themselves to grab a bottle of the original off of eBay. The current version (which is already being heavily discounted) is a shadow of its former self.

amnalenajasmine
amnalenajasmine

My mother used to dry immortelle flowers in the attic. They smelled all herbal and sunny, bringing a touch of summer even in the middle of winter. Lately I have been on a nostalgic hunt for a good immortelle fragrance, and one of the suggestions I got was Sables by Annick Goutal.

This turned out to be one of those fragrances that immediately conjures up an image in my head: Full sunshine, immortelle flowers growing in dry soil - almost sand dunes - next to the sea. It is reminiscent of Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain, not in its notes but in the very similar quality of dryness. The immortelle really stands out as the lead actor, with cinnamon in the most prominent supporting role on my skin. Possibly it is what some describe as the caramel or syrup note in immortelle that leaves me with the impression of sea, since there is a certain saltiness to caramel.

My sample has a sillage of at least arm's length and very good longevity. After over ten hours it is still distinctly discernable on my skin, a mellow mix of dry herbs and cinnamon. Unfortunately I don't know which formulation the sample comes from: According to some, the current version has longevity issues.

Is it a "masculine" or a "feminine" fragrance? I think this is just as gender specific as the sand, the wind and the sea.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

This is the definition of extreme by modern standards! It can be a "love or hate" thing or a "love AND hate" even for some. Without a doubt one of the most tenacious fragrances I have tried and what many would describe as a "heavy" scent. Very challenging at first but eventually morphs into a sweet, antique amber scent full of sandalwood and labdanum goodness.

gtabasso
gtabasso

This is unisex. It is VERY herbal. It goes on a little boozy but becomes this wicked, rich, very dry, herbal, tobacco scent. Not like pipe tobacco but like the real stuff that is dried from a field. It reminds me of some natural perfumers stuff I have. Not my thing.

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

I know it says for men...I love it. Nothing like it in the notes, but I get Wonderfully heady Maple Syrup poured over Celery seeds! It lasts around 12 hours for me, the last 4 or 5 deeply herbal smelling & close to the skin. Lasts amazingly on clothing or bedding. I get that it could be love or hate, so I would test first, but if you are after something unique this may be it.

kentabatinga
kentabatinga

I can't stand this scent. I bought it because of the reviews. I really enjoy spice scents, but this is beyond repugnant. Big headache inducer, very old school, slap in your face bomb smell. Try it before you commit. Selling/swap my 3.4oz of this.

MetalMan
MetalMan

You are taking one last stroll through your immaculate lemon groves before retiring to your imposing mansion. The summer wind catches your nose in its toasted cinnamon swirls as you climb the stairs to your grand balcony - you rest on your dazzling gold handrail as you look out to meet the gaze of the sun and it's sinking glow. The sea and sky are bathed in endless reds and golds as the sun departs this world...everything is swept up in the mapled haze of wild immortelle. A strange thought reaches out to you - why had I been turning all to gold when a world of gold already existed in the rays of the sun? You shed your golden tears at the thought of all the damage you had done - your greed and ignorance had unraveled all that was great in your once meaningful life. Your obsession became your prison and this prison, your grave. A mysterious stranger showed up to bury your body - they filled the halls of your golden palace with the soft tendrils of incense while planting an ever-hungering moss with every step. Your body and your palace were never seen again, swallowed by another's greed and lost to the callousness of time.

Day 79 - Golden tears
Listening to: The Gathering - Monsters

Notes: I fell in love with this gem in its original form some three or four years ago - from what I remember, the newest formulation sticks relatively close to the original. That being said, this is a simple wonder that highlights the true beauty of immortelle and accentuates the fascinating nuances of what it smells like in nature! It opens with a blast of dazzling lemons and a dusting of powdery cinnamon before meeting and impossibly realistic immortelle with the slightest hint of earthy greenness and smokiness. The earthy and syrupy heart lasts a good 6 to 8 hours before taking on more of a honeyed oakmoss presence - the sweet oakmoss is met with just a touch of earthen patchouli which sweetly accents skin for a other 4 to 6
hours. A truly beautiful fragrance that recalls countless moments I've experienced in nature - to me it is tragic and bittersweet. Hopefully you will find the beauty within its golden embrace.

Macassar
Macassar

Wear it when there's a heat wave ...it's glorious

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

the longevity and sillage is immense. a GOOD thing for me. But its also a jaw dropper..and this is what opulence is about in the World of Perfumery. A dense, HEAVY stew of Immortelle, cinnamon and sandalwood. I get a note of whiskey or rum, thats obviously not there. But the boozy presence of a liquor note, cant be denied in Sables. To the average, Joe Blow, it smells like warm fig Newtons (those sweet treats that your Mom used to put in your lunch bag, with a little carton of milk)...but you, can smell the notes, individually, as it evolves, and there is a depth to it, that goes way beyond smelling like a sweet treat.

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

I was looking at the list of ingredients for Sables and interestingly, it mentions Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss) and Benzyl benzoate which, according to wiki, is a component of Tolu and Peru balsams. I do not see those notes listed here. I must say that when I first tried it I say this reminds me of something, and after I looked at the ingredients is when I realized... YES! It is the unmistakable smell of Oakmoss, that bitterish, resinous smell... Anyhow, I am not a trained nose, and I have never smelled immortale, so go figure...
It is a beautiful fragrance, definitely not "on trend" with the fragrances of its era and for sure completely "out of trend" with today's offering. Its dry, herbal, bitterish, and evolves beautifully. Sometimes you get whiffs of amber, sometimes it's resinous, it's fresh like being in the middle of a wet wood trunk in the jungle... who knows. From the middle to the drydown, the sandalwood envelops the flower beautifully, with that characteristic "milky" smell of the sandalwood complimenting the bitterness of the immortale.
I do not think this is gourmand at all. Far from it. Also, I do not get any of the references to food that other reviewers had mention.
I had Eau de Monsieur a long time ago and I would swear that they smell identical.
On a hot summer day you must use judgement with the application of Sables. On a chilly day I bet it would smell wonderful if you go heavy handed.
Smell great my friends.

purecaramel
purecaramel

A very high end,classy and elegant Masala, Fenugreek heavy. Hugely creative and avant-garde juice in the mid 80's. The most flamboyant and creative Chef's in our French Hotel bathed in it. Goutal was ahead of the times and we all learned how to roll the name in conversation. Always in a way most Paris(ian)
Trouble is, that I was never flamboyant and only mildly creative.
My taste for Curries has always been Cumin and Cinnamon heavy, Fenugreek light.
In the 80's I could'nt understand why anybody would really want to perfume themselves in this way.
Recent tasting has reinforced that view.
Always be a peasant I guess!

jean-marc sinan
jean-marc sinan

[Review originally posted on MakeupAlley in 2005]:
A stunner. Sables, as is common knowledge here, uses the unusual immortelle flower, which Victoire Gobin Daude also uses in her Biche Dans L'Absinthe--bought this for myself but as the name in French is my namesake and because of the special, sandy spicy smell, my husband has appropriated this now as his signature scent, wearing "me"...not much to add to the reviews below except that this scent really is somehow bracing, I cannot only feel the vast expanse of the sand dunes, but can feel and almost smell the wind from the ocean, with the green view of dune plants whipped by the breeze. An SA for Annick Goutal said she prefers it on sensitive and artistic types with fiery personalities...I liked reading that Catherine Deneuve wears this too...

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

This is so deliciously rich and complex! I never thought I could like a spicy scent. I was wrong. At first spritz I was worried I'd sunk money into an old man/woman scent that would suffocate me with its bitter/sour pungency. However after half an hour or so (not a long time considering the immense longevity of the fragrance) it smooths out and settles into this absolutely intoxicatingly deep blend of spiciness balanced perfectly with subtle maple syrupy sweetness. Not a fresh scent at all despite the tea note, which only serves to open up the many spices. I detected hints of curry ( from the immortelle) and pepper and mmmm the cinnamon. Never thought I could accept curry, but I am. Also this could be a masculine fragrance but sits comfortably between masculine and feminine. I can picture it either way. Anyways this is a delicious keeper. Very unique. Very sophisticated.
Also I think I got my hands on the original ( lucky me! ) and the sandalwood is still very detectable and it along with the amber helps blend everything together.
Update: since I've been wearing this my sisters all say I smell like curry

polly golightly
polly golightly

un accordo creato per ridestare vecchie memorie, questo sables, concepito da AG per il marito musicista, in ricordo delle vacanze passate sul mare della Corsica. al di là delle reminiscenze romantiche, questo profumo è come un punto fermo attraverso cui oscillano sentori contraddittori: è verde ed erbaceo, ma dolce e resinoso, è speziato e sciropposo allo stesso tempo. l'inizio è quasi intossicante: elicriso, con le sue caratteristiche di erba dolce e prepotente. su questa nota persistente si snodano poi tè nero, ambra, benzoino, cannella, sandalo, pepe per ricreare la sensazione di dune roventi da cui provengono anche sentori erbosi in prossimità del mare. ottimo.

dave.pier
dave.pier

This is all about the accord between immortelle, which smells like fenugreek, and sandalwood. At first, the immortelle is very powerful, then gradually the sandalwood takes over. It's the point in the middle, when the two are in evolving balance, that's marvelous. It goes from smelling a little too literally like an Indian grocery store, to something more abstract and evocative. What's beautiful is how the warm, spicy, woody, base brings other ambient aromas into focus and elevates them. I was walking around looking for odors to appreciate, even funky ones. Great stuff! Very long lasting.

The sample I tested turns out to be from a recent bottle, post-reformulation. I'm happy about this, in that the new stuff, which I like, is significantly cheaper than the vintage. I am of course curious to try the vintage formula, which has strong partisans on this page.

Yankee599
Yankee599

Hate hate this one...strong opening and pungent almost repulsive . Share some notes with mancera's sand Aoud and what i get out of sable is basically it: strong dry desert type of "sand"

dsty
dsty

When I first heard about Sables, I was immediately eager to try it because of its promising name - I love the idea of smelling like a shortcrust cookie, sounds delicious, especially if that scent has been transformed into an actual wearable perfume by a competent house like Annick Goutal. In fact I was so keen that I ordered a little decant in a sale without noticing the "for men" designation. I'm so glad I did, because it might have kept me from trying this beauty, that's by all means very much unisex in practice.

I asked my friend who's into very feminine scents if she thought this was too masculine to be worn by women, and even she didn't think so - I've honestly encountered many unisex scents that are more masculine than this one. She did say that she liked it "although I'm more into sweet scents myself", which might sound puzzling because I think this one is pretty sweet too, but I do understand what she means. This isn't sweet in the way of desserts and sugar, in fact it doesn't smell very edible at all. It's more like the ingredients used in that lovely cake than the cake itself: warm, dry spiciness and a good helping of slightly burned syrup - wonderful! I'm not very familiar with immortelle, so I'm guessing that must play a big part in this quasi-gourmand deliciousness, and it probably also explains the slight, pleasant medicinal vibe in the opening.
Just as great as the scent itself are the longevity (all day at least) and projection (powerful to the point of being too much right after spraying once or twice, and just perfect after a couple of minutes).

So this is actually everything I hoped for - a very nice, high quality, comforting almost-gourmand that doesn't lack class, perfect for just about any occasion in autumn and winter, for both men and women. I'm so glad I came across Sables -
I definitely see a full bottle of this somewhere in my future, and it's also cured me from my fear of trying scents "for men".

gelo999
gelo999

Sables is an excellent soliflore immortal flower.

Half gourmand half oriental fragrance opens with great force and bravura one cinnamic odor with fine cinnamon corseted into this immortal wonderful smoky sweet smelling hay, something dark, luxurious and very special.
It is in the drying, when the layers are assembled with the immortal core Santal Mysore and balsams. This fragrance reveals all its splendor and grandeur with a wonderful caramel trail can last more than a day.

In the end, all this mix is a kind of sweet syrup rich and opulent laden with high quality and complexity.

Perfect projection, impressive durability (more than one day).
And you would like to have Lutens or Amouage "Sables" in his spectacular collection of fragrances.
Another great work Goutal.

Rating: 8

Marie69
Marie69

I am in grad school. It is Christmas and my Hungarian boyfriend is taking me to meet his parents in his home country. He has told me little of his family. At the end of a small highway, we stop and a friend of his meets us with a horse drawn sleigh. After an hour, as twilight sets, we approach a clearing, where a castle emerges before our eyes. Speechless, I am lead to a grand planked door. It opens revealing roaring fires, candles, roasts, wines, crytal, leathers and velvets. A handsome gentleman, pipe in hand, warmly greets me. This is the smell of Sables.

SchopenhauersNose
SchopenhauersNose

Sables (very roughly pronounced “SAHB-luh,” meaning “sands” in French) is regarded by some people in the fragrance industry, including Luca Turin, as one of the best scents to come out of house of Annick Goutal. It was released 1985 and made by Goutal for her husband, the cellist husband Alain Meunier.

Top notes include immortelle (also known as Everlasting flower) and cinnamon. There is pepper and black tea at the heart, and sandalwood and amber at the base. Sables is classified as an oriental woody, but I don’t find it woody at all. The sandalwood is a faint afterthought in the dry down, and no other woods are very prominent. “Oriental” certainly fits for various reasons which I will talk about, however.

Immortelle has an infamous reputation for overtaking many of the fragrances that it is part of. It has been said to have a smell that rests somewhere between burnt sugar and ham. (I get the first, but not so much the latter.) Instead of creating a perfume that was commandeered by the aggressiveness of immortelle, Annick Goutal decided to not hide it, and in fact give it a pedestal of its own – in this case, a base of pleasant, shiny amber propped up with uniquely chosen, heady spices.

In the opening, I definitely get the sugar in the immortelle, which seems like it comes straight off of a crème brulee; the “ham” doesn’t come to the fore as much as a distinct fenugreek note. At the very top, it can see like a treacly sweet maple syrup. But if that turns you off, all you need to do is wait for several minutes. Sables takes you on a rollercoaster ride of a dry down.

After several minutes of the blast of pure maple syrup, you start to detect a pepper note, along with a fennel-anisic accompaniment that gives Sables a noticeably medicinal heart. This is where you’ll also pick up on the cinnamon. This sweet, medicinal, herbal stage is by far my favorite stage of the perfume. The base is something like a sweet vanilla with just the barest touch of sandalwood, with the lingering medicinal notes that never really go away. This is a scent that lends itself to darkness, literally and emotionally. It rouses in me a kind of prurience that makes me wonder about the kind of relationship Annick and Alain had in order for this to be created especially for him.

For a fragrance this unique, longevity and sillage should matter less; what makes Sables so sought-after is its unrepentant uniqueness. Nevertheless, Sables lasts a long time and projects quite well for a few hours, after which it begins to sit more closely to the skin. The 100 ml EDT retails for $115, but it can be had for half that if you look around enough.

Final thoughts: this is probably going to be what is referred to as a love-or-hate fragrance. I think it’s perfectly unisex, but between the sweetness, the licorice vibe from the anise, and the other spices, it might be best worn around people who already know the smell. This seems to be a regular pattern for me, but I’ve worn this about a dozen times. The first couple of times, I hated it, but it has slowly grown on me. This probably isn’t something I would purchase a full bottle of, but it is vastly underappreciated. For me, this really rests out there on the far horizons of perfumery (at least as far as I know it), and deserves much more attention than it has received thus far.

qatarkind
qatarkind

I bought it blind buy based on reviews and I don't like it.
It smells like old Arabian lady also herbs and spices shop in arabian bazar

Migalex
Migalex

Burned caramel with a touch of coffee. It is a little bit different from other caramel gourmand fragrances, but not original either. Does not smell complex to me either, alhtough I must try it again and see how it evolves.

Abstrakt
Abstrakt

(Sables, vintage. Pronounced 'saabluh'; French for 'sands').

More than just a caramelised, maple syrupy, herbal elixir. Cool-warm, fresh-deep. Juxtapositions at every juncture. Quite perfect actually. I wear this and inhale the romance of the story behind it.

The late Annick Goutal herself, with the assistance of perfumer Isabelle Doyen, composed this song of a fragrance for her cellist husband Alain Meunier to remind of the Corsican dunes from their 'vacances'.

And what a 'chanson' this is. Very unique and completely unforgettable - like the sound of Bocelli's voice beautifully interpreting Les Feuilles Mortes. Goose pimples every time on my skin...yes every time.

After thousands of pounds spent buying and sampling fragrances, I laboured for a long time and finally drew up a list of some 30 fragrances that meant anything to me. This is my 'had list'. Love them all. But over and above them all, Sables is the only one that had the power to put to sleep the perfumista in me, raising and immortalising my love for it.

At age 35, I'm more than satisfied calling Sables - as one member puts it - the 'signature scent of my soul', becoming the only scent I choose to wear.

It is authentic, and stirs up such deep and meaningful pleasures in me that I can only compare to the feeling I get when I stand behind my lover, arms wrapped around her and being lost in her smell as I brush her hair aside and gently kiss her neck.

Or even the satisfaction I get when my double bass presses against my belly while I pluck it's thick, gutsy strings and bring it to sing it's deep, sincere and mellow song.

May the memory of Goutal long be preserved by the continuation of this great work.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I've got the new reformulation and I am very happy about Sables. It has a lot in common to Chergui than at first smell one notices, but they are in the same path.To say that Sables is just a mapple syrup scent is a very simplistic approach. Sables is a very rich and ambery scent that in small doses can be worn even in warmer weather. It's very woody as well and, of course, the immortele is very nice and I wound't mind it being a bit stronger, perhaps as it used to be? It's less dense than Chergui but have the same endless longevity. where I can smell a chocolaty vibe in Chergui, in Sables it's more like coffee, and that's why a think of the colour brown when I smell them both. Also, another good news is that for less than 50ml of serge Lutens juice I got a full 100ml bottle of Sables. Couldn't be happier.

megrim
megrim

I originally sampled Sables without knowing if it was the reformulated version or not.

I enjoyed it, so I pulled the trigger on a full bottle. Unfortunately, the sample I have is of the original, and the full bottle is the reformulation.

Don't get me wrong, the reformulation is a perfectly decent scent. However a lot of what I loved about the original has been stripped away with the newer version. I'm wearing the 'vintage' sables on one wrist, and the reformulated on the other right now, and there is actually quite a difference.

The original is darker, sweeter, louder, much more unforgiving and boozy. The new version is lighter, milkier, much heavier on the sandalwood and lighter on the immortelle. I suspect in the eyes of most people this is a good thing. For me however, I rather liked the pungent, syrupy, over-the-top original more, and this new formula feel like a much safer and washed out version.

Sillage has gone from heavy-to-monstrous with the old, to light-moderate and strangely diffuse in the new one.

I think the newer version of Sables will please a far larger crowd than the old one, but sadly I am not one of those people.

Sillage on the new stuff is at the lower end of moderate, longevity is still excellent. All in all, a lighter, safer, more moderate approach to Sables. Still lovely, but for a different crowd now.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

I recently acquired a decant of the original formula of Sables. How wonderful! This is a strong, long-lasting and beautiful immortelle fragrance. It is slightly resinous, a touch sandalwood, but mainly is all about that gorgous immortelle. Sables lasts for hours on me, and the sillage is (unless you are careful) over the top, and I like that about it. I love this fragrance. Women who love immortelle and unique, spicy, not overly sweet fragrances... try it, you will not regret it! *Swoons*

modernfumie
modernfumie

To me, this strong maple syrup with a hint of smoke is an olfactory impression of making pancakes with my dad as a little girl. The heavy spiciness of this fragrance smells traditionally "masculine" despite the syrup. I like my sample, but I doubt I'll upgrade to a FB. 'Sables' is a bit of perfumery fun that I might revisit every now and then, but it doesn't immediately latch onto my brain's pleasure centers the way my FB fragrances do. Could do so for someone else.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Almost pure maple syrup for me. And i like it.
Very very powerfull when you spray it, you may think "OMG ! Too much again, i have to change my shirt !" but after a few minutes it's OK.
I am surprised so few people dislike it, because i think this is a love or hate.

A bottle goes a looonnnngg way, mate :)

SummerMelody
SummerMelody

I have a mini of the original and a sample of the new formulation. Believe it or not, I really prefer the new version. On my skin they have comparable longevity and sillage but the modern version is richer with more spice and less "perfumey". Maybe my mini has faded, I don't know. I love Sables and I'm glad I can get a fresh bottle for 1/3 the price of vintage without having to settle.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I tried the new version of Sables on the back of my hand yesterday evening and I was not impressed as some had mentioned in various topics. Rather than the warm and sweet Immortelle note that I loved and expected, I smelled something sweet, sour and spicy that reminded me of chutney or some Chinese preserved plums. That scent stayed on my skin for over two hours before it soften to still a spicy but slightly more pleasant scent. It lasted for over 14 hours on my skin after several hand washes and a shower. Maybe my lower than average body temperature did not allow this fragrance to develop properly on my skin, otherwise I could only say that it was just not my cup of tea.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Greetings, says Sables. I have nothing to do with fur, and am in fact a cinnamon bun with lots of icing. So unapologetic, so decisive.

The first blast, and it is a blast, this critter has hellacious sillage, is cinnamon bun, brown sugar melting into the squishy crevases in copius amounts. As it dries a little more I smell anise and menthol sugar, maple syrup and then a surprising but definite edge that says "men's fragrance," a ginger note like Paul Smith Extreme or DSH Gingembre. The ginger also reminds me of pumpkin pie spices. Do not put this on if you're hungry, particularly if you're counting carbs. Indiscretions will follow.

The longevity is also brain-burning. Get ready to smell this from dawn to dusk. I could still smell it faintly when I woke up this morning, 20 hours after I applied it.

I liked it, but I wouldn't wear it myself. If you want to smell like a sexy pastry chef, this is your baby.

Q80
Q80

I didn't like it from first sniff as it was too strong.but When I sprayed it on my skin... it remained strong as a ROCK and darkly charming in away that I even smell a hint of sweet, a dark chocolate sweet love beside the cinnamon and amber.. u won't like it from first sniff but if u give it more time ull love it.

be ware people might tell you that it is the smell of fenugreek, and honestly it is a bit like that. too spicy.

Coralmonkey
Coralmonkey

I still have a bottle from the early '90's. It's rich and dark and still smells great. Rick Owens and his wife Micelle Lamy turned me onto it. They always wore it and loved it because they said it smelled "dirty". And it does in the best possible way. Nothing like it. Not sure when they reformulated it, but I haven't smelled a new bottle in decades. If someone is decanting the old stuff, get a little because you really don't need much. It packs a stunner of a punch and a very little goes a long way.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I almost couldn't bring myself to review this because I remembered how vile I thought it was during the first two testings. The beginning is fine: light florals and amber with a maple syrup edge. A bit feminine for me, but OK, I can follow it through. More woodiness develops, but it's the sweetest, most stifling wood I've encountered in a while, with brighter notes of Pepsi. I don't know if there's oud in here, but the wood also has that familiar cherryness to it. During this phase the maple syrup had subsided a bit, but soon it's back in force, and getting all over my fingers and nose. By the end, the base is pure maple syrup with flowers: my own personal olfactory hell. I won't even say that it's too feminine, as I so often do, but rather that it's too sugary. I need to wash my face now.

naapio
naapio

Sables is simply stunning. It's syrupy and honeyed spiced with a gentle peppery burn like a glass of Irish whiskey. It begs to be enjoyed with a cigar while lounging in a golden brown threadbare velvet recliner contemplating the play of light and shadows the setting autumn sun paints to the faded wallpaper. It has a soft smoky quality to it, comfortable and unassuming. Would Colombo wear this? Be careful to spray sparingly, overdosing can be a real issue.

Vahagn
Vahagn

Sables is my first acquaintance with perfumes of Annick Goutal. My personal associations with this strange perfume - basement with sun-dried herbs (too many immortelle) with bag pepper to near
But more I imagine suffocating smoke from burning little wet grass and leaves
Sables is "dead", monotone flavor, flavor of anxiety and panic.
It's from the rare fragrances, which I immediately wanted to wash off.
Very good longevity!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Wow! I must have gotten lucky and received a vintage decant. I put this on at 10 PM and still can smell it at 2PM. I have not showered because it's such a wow and spectacular scent! 16 hours and still going! Very sweet, but spicy and manly. The main notes are immortelle,amber and sandalwood. This is simply divine IMO. Fougere Bengale is similar but it does not sparkle and is a bit drier in comparison. Now I gotta search for an expensive vintage bottle as I see it has a different bottle design. My limit is 150 but I would not mind going over that for this gem!

AndrzejK

Sables has been reformulated recently - it is very weak, disappears quickly from the skin, no sillage - the former, original formula was very strong.
I was told Annick Goutal had been acquired by some Asian company. Sad.

stephan

So sad this has been reformulated. Zero projection now. I really mean zero. I can spray 20 times and 10 minutes later, people have to sniff my skin to notice the scent. Next time I'll buy the delicious Fougère Bengale or Eau Noire. I am immensely disappointed. And I bought it in the Annick Goutal shop, so it is not a fake.

Marciu
Marciu

Very unique composition to me.

Almost immediately after initial spray I felt the smell of the immortelle. Quite potent and very beautiful. It was sweet too so I guess cinnamon is there right from the start. After 1 or two hours I detected strong black tea.So now everything started to smell like an immortelle tea with cinnamon and a small hint of pepper.

It's really growing on me. I get easilly 9-10 hours with strong sillage during first 5 hours. I adore the blend of black tea and immortelle here!

Goutal fragrances are made for me :D

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

I owned Annick Goutal's Sables a while ago. I find it to be a unisex fragrance, but very potent with a powerful spicy-sweet element that you will either love or hate.

One reviewers said it smells like maple syrup. That is true, maple syrup thickened with dried cinnamon and crushed pepper. There's also a smoky, tobacco layer to this fragrance that makes it seem mysterious, almost surreal.

I find this very similar to Molinard's Habanita EDP for women.

It has extremely good longevity. It lasted all day long on my skin.

ian85

To mossyoakpenn, I'm very surprised by the longevity of Sables on your skin!
On mine, it's more than a day and I can smell it on my clothes many days after! I love it and I think it's a masterpiece.
Great scent, great sillage, great longevity but very polarising. In my opinion different and better than parfum d'empire Fougère Bengale.
Not a blind buy.
Update : maybe AG did a reformulation...A drama...

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

A lot of immortelle and not much else. It is similar to PdE Fougere Bengale in that they both have a ton of immortelle but id have to try the other one again to see what else is the same. It was pretty fleeting on my skin. Gone in 2 or so hours. If youre and fan of immortelle, this is a must try.

hadrian
hadrian

AG’s Sables succeeded in an endeavor where a lot of others perfumes failed until now: to replace my good old Givenchy’s Gentleman as my signature scent. It will be only for this winter? It will be for a longer phase? Time will tell.
Sables is magnificent.
I am enormously happy that I (really) discovered it – quite recently. In a sunny autumn morning, in a wonderfully–mixed–scented perfumery, I was searching for an all-time favorite from Goutal, Ambre Fetiche, and then – BANG–BANG! – Sables crossed my prospect.
It was love at first sight.
It’s like honey distilled in a fine cognac, plus amber, plus the best from a cigar, plus the breeze caressing a coast of sand under the sun, plus… plus…
It is more than a 9+/10 perfume.

RUDOLFO512

This is my favorite fragrance from Annick Goutal. I am glad the fall is here, because I wear it during fall and winter. It smells like maple syrup, spice and vanilla mixed together. The drydown is the best part because it settles into a light vanilla/spice. Every time I wear it I get LOTS of compliments.

meugie
meugie

This is a woman’s consideration. I love this perfume and looks great on me.
Although I know the scent of immortelle is the screaming note in this fragrance, I never felt it in its pure form, just in beauty products.
Let’ go to the olfactory sensations.
When I apply the perfume it seems dry and remember me the tobacco of my father's pipe (Bulldog). I can feel the pepper as well.
Then I smell something sweet and a little medicinal, that reminds me arnica. It is not in the list of raw materials, but I believe it is one of the nuances from immortelle.
When I was a kid and tumble, my grandmother used to give me arnica tincture to drink with a bit of sugar. As I liked, I played on the ground to be able to take. This smell is so familiar to me.
Passed half an hour starts a smell of sweet “mate” (Ilex paraguariensis – more than black tea). Who is Brazilian knows the “Mate Leão”. The pepper scent still persists, but softened. Well, imagine “Mate Leão” with a few drops of arnica and a bowl of pepper beside.
It lasts very long for an Annick Goutal, and it has a big projection. For me two small pumps on the forearm are enough and sleeve over; otherwise the scent will go across the room. Using this way the smell stays more close to me.
Really combines with sunny days, but not with tropical summers.

ian85

@ thatmakesscent: In my opinion, very different from Caron Le troisième homme, even in the opening...Watch the pyramid and try it another time : You certainly bought a fake!
On the other hand, Sables is a very longlasting fragrance...
You can dislike it, but for good reasons!
In my opinion, Sables is a masterpiece.

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

Absolutely love this. Some are saying it has poor longevity but it is still pretty strong on me 16 hours after spraying. This is the longest lasting perfume I have ever tested.

sussex2
sussex2

Sables starts out like a herbal honey alcoholic liquor. This quickly becomes the herby smell of sand dune vegetation with notes of aniseed, fenugreek, pepper and dried grass. There is still some sweetness in the background but it is joined by a slightly acrid bitterness. The herbal notes slowly diminish and the final phase is a light peppery amber.

From reading the previous reviews and comparing them to my own experiences it appears that Sables contains ingredients that react differently depending on the person wearing it. I'm lucky that it has worked well for me. Its a fragrance that I loved at once. I can imagine it might have the opposite effect on some people who could just as quickly decide to dislike it. Sables is unlike any other fragrance I own in terms of scent. It does, however, join a group of fragrances that are linked to specific memories.

I now own three fragrances that remind me of summer in the South of France along the Atlantic coast. Cool Water is the smell of the salty ocean spray coming from pounding waves. Sandy towels lying on white windswept beaches. Sables is leaving the beach and walking over parched dunes and fragrant dune grass. Finally Yatagan is the heavy scent rising from the blanket of pine needles on the woodland floor. The long, thin trunks of Maritime Pines reaching up into cloudless skies.

meama
meama

159) Sables émouvants
It perfectly reproduces the familiar smell of a walk in dunes of hot sand, nothing really sweet, this fragrance is a bias against all commercial creations. Sables is one of these war perfumes for perfumista.
And it's not a blame, ultimately that coincides quite well with a lot of masterpieces. Only problem: it will not appeal to everyone, really, and finally if you like challenging your entourage (nicely), all the better! If you are looking for a summer scent, lightly sweet, a hot perfume not tropical, who goes even better during the winter also, warm, for men or women, so throw yourself into the Quicksand.
Annick Goutal had created it for her husband in memory of holidays on Corsica, and is therefore classified in the male range.
All about Immortelle (everlast), sandalwood, spices (curry?) and leather sprinkled with vanilla, which could be classified as a bomb so its power arises for several hours persistently.
Sands does not have a huge evolution, it just fades and approaching at the end a type B maple syrup.
Close to Fougère Bengale even if there's no Immortelle in this one.

Reproduction parfaite de l'expérience vécue d'une balalde dans les dunes de sable chaud, rien de doux c'est un parti pris contre toutes les créations commerciales. Sables est l'un de ces parfums de guerre pour perfumista.
Et ce n'est pas une critique, en fin de compte ça coïncide assez bien avec ce qu'on attend d'une oeuvre d'art. Le problème est qu'il ne fera pas l'unanimité, vraiment, et si vous voulez éduquer votre entourage (gentiment), tant mieux!
Si vous cherchez un parfum d'été, sans trop de sucre, brûlant sans être tropical, qui est parfait en hiver aussi, chaleureux, pour hommes et femmes, alors jettez vous dans ses bras!
Annick Goutal l'avait créé pour son mari en souvenir de la Corse, et est donc classé dans la gamme masculine.
Il tourne entièrement autour de l'Immortelle, du bois de santal, d'une odeur de curry et de cuir vanillé. Il pourrait être considérée comme une bombe pour sa puissance qui dure plusieurs heures.
Sables n'évolue pas longtemps, il s'estompe et termine sur une odeur de sirop d'érable catégorie D.
Fougère Bengale est un parfum très proche alors qu'il ne contient pas d'Immortelle.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Sables doesn't evolve much on me. I get a smoky and warm mixture of immortelle, amber, cinnamon and sandalwood. Though in the end I decided that Sables is not what I would personally wear, I'm very impressed throughout the wearing. It has a sweet aspect but at the same time it's very masculine to my nose. I don't know why but the image evoked by Sables in my head is muscles and a mature man, lol. The longevity is around 10 hours and the sillage is good, one spray and I got a whiff or another frequently. Definitely a wonderful fragrance to at least give a try.

jht4060
jht4060

If this is what Immortelle smells like then I want to be reincarnated as an Immortelle plant (Helichrysum angustifolium - please take note of request). The first few hours of Annick Goutal Sables are dominated by a distinctive and beautiful accord that smells like honey, spices, maple syrup, sweet hay, benzoin, wood, and who knows that else, which I gather is the Immortelle. It isn't as sweet as those notes make it sound - it is more a rich off-dry scent that has entirely its own unique character. As the Immortelle fades Sables morphs into an charming off-dry amber, balsam, woody sort of base, with the fading Immortelle still making itself felt for several hours. I am not sure why Annick Goutal lists this as a men's scent - it seems completely unisex to me.

As a side note it is an amusing nod to the power of word association or to the credulity of some people that Immortelle essential oil is credited with anti-aging effects. The flowers are called "Immortelle" or "Everlasting" simply because they are unusual in retaining their form and color when dried, a fact that has nothing to do with wrinkles and liver spots on human skin. The logic that confers anti-aging properties on the oil is the same as the logic that makes rhino horn a cure for male impotence. But if there is a market there will be claim, because there is a sucker born every minute. (oh, and belief in reincarnation is goofy too, except in the narrow sense that my atoms will eventually spread around and become parts of other living things. but i like thinking about my atoms diffusing through the world and some no doubt will find themselves in an Immortelle plant.)

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

Woman reviewing fragrance here. Started out smelling delicious - warm, mapley, cinnamon french toast.

It kept smelling sweet hours later, and didn't really evolve. I didn't get any pepper or spicyness from this scent. All amber, warm, sunlight and sweetness.

A bit too cloying for my tastes.

drakecito
drakecito

Masterpiece!!!.
Sometimes, I do not like too much the very slight fragrances of A. Goutal but this is wonderful. Also do not like the smoke fragrances.This is a exception.
Rich, deep, dark. With a very medicinal note that here say they like the Maple Syrup.

Longevity is a cracy.Some days on my skin.
When you shower, rub well, the smell can not go.
Do not overdo sprays.

If you don't like sweet inmortelle, this is not for you.
One of the bests from Goutal, but not for kids... ;)

Scent: 8.5/10
Sillage 8/10

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

In one of our perfumes stores there is a pretty good assortment of Annick Goutal fragrances. Unfortunetaly they don´t have this one.

Due to the main accords and reviews this frag makes me so curious about it.

Someone mentioned it might be disontinued, but it seems that in most areas you still can find it.
Perhaps it´s not available in every country? I did not even found an online shop here in Germany selling Sables.

It´s a pitty. Maybe I should contact the producer for further information and testing example. Will edit when I know more about it.

ladykarl
ladykarl

I get an earthy herbal fragrance here. Smells like it could have been used for an ancient healing remedy. I also smell anise/ could be the combination of tea leaves with cinnamon and pepper. The only other scent i tried with immortelle flower as the main theme was afternoon of a faun by ELDO, and this totally knocks that out of the stadium!! Though i find the flower to be a little bitter in both; I can definitely see where people could smell pancakes with maple syrup I (happily) dont find this sweet at all. It is pleasant warm, calming and very nice. I would be very happy with a drink a book and a night alone with this on.
And when you are not by yourself
You definitely wont smell like e'rybody else!

RUDOLFO512

This is defenitely a winter fragrance. It smells like hot maple syrup and Cognac. I love it. At first it goes on a little bit strong, but the dry down is gentle and sweet. A compliment getter every time I wear it.

Izumee
Izumee

Yummy maple syrup! I like it and i think ladies can also wear this one..

aveilhe
aveilhe

Sables is a stunning unisex soliflore, highlighting the distinctive aroma of the immortelle flower (Helychrisum). Immortelle flowers have an extremely complex scent: they evoke notes of beeswax, tree sap, spices, smoke, hay, and soft woods. I have the pleasure of owning a bottle of pure immortelle absolute, and it is truly a thing of beauty. But, I must confess: Sables smells even more intoxicating...

Some of the sharp, rather medicinal notes that appear in pure immortelle extract are gone in Sables. Instead, immortelle's naturally sweet-spicy-woody nuances are enhanced through notes of cinnamon, amber, sandalwood, and pepper. The edges are softened by warm, soothing tea notes. The dry down is delicious -- like honeyed amber on the skin.

I typically need a bit of time to get to know a scent and form an opinion, but as soon as I smelled a decanted sample of Sables, I was in awe. It is everything I look for in a scent: a little strange, but achingly beautiful, warm, spicy, earthy, seductive, and completely unique.

As with most Goutals, the sillage and longevity are moderate. But, I find Sables so magical that I look forward to reapplying! I could easily see this becoming a signature scent for someone (man or woman) with a unique personality: someone sensuous, elegant, down-to-earth, and intelligent.

In my humble opinion, this is a true masterpiece.

Lovelolitalempicka
Lovelolitalempicka

This is not for men, this is for meeee! Bought it for my husband who luckily didn't like it all too much, so it became mine. Someone had to wear it! It's spicy and warm and sunny and sandy and glowing orange sunset in Provence. Really good (and totally unisex!)

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Look at those notes! There is nothing to dislike here. Just rich, dense, warm spicy goodies! Unique and original with the X-factor we search for in a niche fragrance.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Pure pancakes and maple. Fascinating scent that could only come from the mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont at sugar maple season. I did notice that the scent got a bit more woody as it wore on, but it's truly maple through and through. It's most certainly a curiosity - and yes it makes me think that it could have been a Serge Lutens fragrance. I like the audacity of making something so gourmand. It may not be for everyday wear, but without a doubt it's its own curious beast.

Jayne58
Jayne58

Sables is the perfume that taught me that I do not like immortelle. I like to eat pancakes and maple syrup, but I most definitely do not want to smell like them.

This is doubtless a work of art and I wouldn't mind a little drop to sniff every now and again for its uniqueness, but I can't/won't wear it.

AndrzejK

I like the way immortelle has been presented here - surrounded by pepper, vanilla and wood. It makes you feel you are on the dunes by the seaside on a hot day. You feel dry sand, sun and summer here, with sun-dried herbs and immortelle. Both for hot and colder months IMO, but opening up especially beautifully in summer.

Definitely to be tested before buying - on some skins it may smell like chicken curry or broth with spices.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Quite marvelous. Licorice or star anise enhancing the caramel-like immortelle? Simply gorgeous composition.

Miss Picky
Miss Picky

This perfume is an olfactory interpretation of a fun night in with Serge Lutens, drinking a tasty wine while he cooks you a lovely curry in his house in Marrakech. It's a pretty neat concept - though I don't especially want to smell like curry-a-la-Lutens...

jtd
jtd

Sables follows a classical drydown arc: top, heart, basenotes. The real trick though is that is that it takes you from one genre to another over this progression.

Starting with immortelle dissolved in amber, Sables gives you either a strictly sweet maple syrup candy, or a sweet and savory curry with fenugreek and raisins. It’s up to your nose. I get the latter. Either way I find it principally gourmand.

Where Sables winds up, though is in the sandlewood/amber range. While the spice-like immortelle fades in the heartnotes, by drydown, there is a light, peppery sharpness that gives the amber drydown a mineral/dry inflections not miles from that of Ambre Sultan’s scent of hot stone. Sables is the only fragrance I can think of off the top of my head that isn’t categorized so much as a hybrid (eg. floriental, leather chypre…) but as a fragrance that starts in one genre (gourmand) and ends firmly in another (amber/oriental.)

A gorgeously constructed fragrance, appropriate across the multiple (and I believe there really are many) genders, but would be a smart statement of devil-may-care appreciation of prettiness on an assured straight man.

In perfumery Immortal is a dangerous element as it easily becomes overwhelming with its monolitic presence and with its "love or hate" smell. Only a very few perfumes listing this plant in the pyramid note list can be considered as completely successful (i.e. Histoires De Parfums 1740 or Eldo's Like This). Sables is surely among these.

If you ever happened to sniff a real plant of Immortal you probably realized how characteristic and unmistakeable its smell is, and Sables opening gives a tremendously realistic interpretation of the plant. An INTENSE and rich mixture of burnt sugar and fenugreek that's aromatic and almost pungent, bold with a "WTF" effect.
The perfumeur decided to push this effect to the limit creating an almost brutal and mono-note fragrance with the only addiction of an ambery note. Masculine and very distinctive yet not so easy to be appreciated. Wether you'll like this composition or not it really depends on how you like Immortal as basically is all we're talking about. Personally I'm addicted.

Note: be carefull, this stuff is insanely powerful.

Rating: 8.5/10

ian85

Magnifique. Sables est incroyable, et pour moi qui habite au bord des dunes, sur ma peau il devient très doux, comme la caresse d’une brise de nord ouest en fin d’après midi, après que le soleil a chauffé le sable et les quelques plantes littorales, très sèches,un peu fumées... J’en redemande, encore et encore... Masterpiece.
10 / 10

stephan

It does stain on clothes and smells like licorice. I can't smell the other notes. It is very strong but cheap smelling.

It's no secret that I adore Annick Goutal, however I must admit, despite my eagerness, I wondered whether or not her male fragrances would captivate me in the same way.

Fortunately, Sables is outstanding, incredibly desirable on a man and something I wouldn't mind wearing myself.

It's a little sharp at first. Sables begins with a strong burst of pepper, woods and smoke. Although masculine, I thought it was a little too much, somewhere along the lines of the ruggedly masculine yet rich and bold Yatagan by Caron.

Thankfully Sables settles into a divine, sensual blend of woods, spice, caramel and burnt golden syrup. It's almost a gourmand for men with its distinctive deliciousness.

I love how the burnt sugar accord doesn't make this fragrance feminine or too sweet. It's perfectly balanced and very sexy, something that I would never tire of smelling.

The longevity and sillage are rather impressive, with this fragrance clinging to the skin for almost a whole 12 hours or more. I highly recommend.

andrew85
andrew85

oh my so sexy, sofisticaded, warm, very very strong stuff so you need to apply very light with conservative hands, the basenotes are trully amazing, you smell vanilla, burnt sand, so exotic stuff, a masterpiece... this is a night in the arabic desert where you smell the sand that was burnt by the sun in the morning..... Love it.... UNIQUE...

guest_LindaM
guest_LindaM

First time I walked into Bergdorf Goodman and saw the Goutal display.
Have an unopened bottle Loved it

this perfume smells wonderfull, i love it, is a masterpiece from Goutal... smells very similar to a very strong and old oil from Egypt, smells very similar to Lutens fragrance, expensive, complex, ORIGINAL and very, very exclusive.. its strong at first, but if you wait 20 minutes you will smell a trully masterpiece....

ryvlajo
ryvlajo

Really like it. Very warm, very spicy and leathery. Classy, conservative and sophisticated. Lasts forever, too.

c3c
c3c

Sables was "love at first sniff." The description on the card says "For lovers of sensual experiences: the smell of the sand dunes warmed by the sun" and it smells wonderful. I don't smell pepper, but the combination of sandalwood and vanilla make it warm, sensual, earthy and sweet. Like sandalwood wrapped in vanilla and thick amber honey. Easily for men and women.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Some say that Lapidus, Kouros and others like these are strong. It’s because they haven’t tried this one!

This scent it is almost suffocating at the very first moments, when it is applied.
It starts with something dry, raspy, that reminded me tobacco or those type of herbs for smokers. Then, its evolution walks to the rum. And the most interesting is that it seems like if someone had caramelized some almonds and then, flambé them with that rum.

A sober, well blended and rare scent. I have never smelled a fragrance like that. However, it is another “love it or hate it” type of scent.
If it’s worn in excess it is capable of causing nausea to anyone around you. On the other hand, well applied, it is addicting.

Robert White
Robert White

This is a terrific choice for a man who isn't sure if he's into fragrance or not! It smells like an excellent pipe tobacco at first, then you get a shot of excellent Cognac...it's really stylish. Spray this on, then pull on your best black leather jacket...I fail to see how any discerning lady could fail to take notice. I bet this would work well on the right woman as well. HIGHLY recommended, and a good deal on Ebay or from Perfume Network...most of the niche dealers (dealers...christ, there I go letting my sordid druggie past slip out)have this for less than $70.00 USD. My thanks to the nice lady at Barney's New York who turned me on to this.

A slightly woody, spiced vanilla. Has slight undertones that could be maple or tobacco, but the notes aren’t truly there. There is a very very faint note that is ‘personal’, not civet but a touch like faint BO. It’s not enough to disturb. This is masculine only by the definition that it’s not floral or remotely sweet, but this isn’t a girly-girly or specifically ‘woman’ scent. Like Tabac Blonde, perhaps, it needs the right attitude. It dries down a lot like Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque, in a rich, multi-layered scent of something resinous, slightly smokey and caramel over woods. Lovely and a bit decadent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Sables fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Sables, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sables by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sables by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.