Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Tuscany Per Donna Aramis for women

Tuscany Per Donna Aramis for women
dislike

Tuscany Per Donna Aramis for women Pictures Tuscany Per Donna Aramis for women Pictures

Tuscany Per Donna is as sensual and shiny as Italy itself. It belongs to the floral-oriental olfactive group. The top notes incorporate rose, citruses and Mediterranean plants. The heart of the composition includes jasmine, carnation, honeysuckle and peony. The base contains sandalwood, amber and vanilla. The perfume was created in 1993.

Green Grass Plum Mandarin Orange Peach Hiacynth Grapefruit Bergamot

Honeysuckle Carnation Orange Blossom Violet Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Cedar Styrax

Elige

Tuscany Per Donna Fragrance Reviews

peekaboow
peekaboow

I still remember clearly the day i smelled this for the first time from the scratch-to-sniff perfume sampler in my mothers magazine.. It smelled divine.. It made the magazine smelled heavenly i kept the mag for months. I promised my self i would buy this.
Two years after, i went to college and had some part-time jobs, and i bought a bottle of this on installment as my money was so short lol.
Years after years and i kinda forget about this gem, until one day i had to move out of town and found it at the corner of an old shelf, half full, in its box, smelled just as heavenly as it was.

This potion is magic, its a treasure..
One spray of this and a girl becomes a lady..
It brings out the urge to walk and talk elegantly, to smile and nod like a queen.. This fragrance transforms you into your ideal self
I will treasure this vintage bottle for the rest of my life and pass it on to my daughter on her 21st birthday

TJthe4th
TJthe4th

This was my wedding perfume. I wish I could still get it. IT was perfect for my fall wedding with a reception in a northern Italian restaurant. The Estee Lauder version is nice, but just isn't the same. The Aramis version swept me away. Oh well.

adoratek
adoratek

Ladies... If as a man I could get away with wearing this I would.

I bought this for my wife, and for my mother when it was first released, and i have to say it is one of my favorites on a woman.

It is soft, warm, elegant, sensual... A very inviting perfume.

If you wear this... I like you... A lot!

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

Aramis Tuscany is a beautifully vibrant and warm perfume consisting of carnation, sandalwood, amber, peach, plum, ylang-ylang. It came about at the same time when the world of perfume was changing to smell like cotton candy and cupcakes, yet it was able to retain the voluptuously classic smell indicative of the previous powerhouse era. As sweet as it may be, it presents itself with a rich, scrumptious mix of ingredients all melted together into an enticing and sexy fragrance. What I really like about this oriental is that it's not too heavy and I can wear it in warmer weather without it overwhelming me. This is a gem of a perfume and I will savor every drop in my mini bottle.

Rinio
Rinio

My second "own" perfume. 1996, 17 years old...in love with a beautiful boyfriend...
very sensual perfume, warm and sexy...don´t know why it gave me a headache though...I got tired of it very quickly and never finished the bottle, not sure why, it smells fine, haven´t identified the reason yet.

arae
arae

I so enjoy reading everyone, more knowledgeable than myself on explaining perfumes. It has been very inspirational, and I have been learning so much. Ever since I was diagnosed with R.A. and Lupus, I have spent a good deal of time exploring alternative therapies, including aroma therapy. What I have found is that certain scents, at different times of the year lift my spirits, and so help me with my pain issues. I have had this fragrance since it was first released in the early 90's. I still have the original bottle, about 1/3 full. I am so grateful to have read some of your reviews, which made me seek it out at the back of my perfume collection, and fall in love with it all over again. It is spicy, and on me I get more of the cedar & sandalwood, and what smells like a tingly citrus. I have many florals, and to me i do not get as much of those notes. At this time I have 47 fragrances, mostly due to the reviews I have read! Thank you.

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

I have a mini parfum. It is GLORIOUS! Closely related to Samsara, which I also love, because of the sandalwood. But Tuscany per Donna is both fruitier and more floral. The jasmine and orange blossom are just glowing, and the plum/peach notes are really juicy.
Earlier this year I walked away from a bottle of this in a small, remote Italian perfume shop, because I was in a hurry, and now I regret it so much. I have the Estee Lauder version, but it just can't compare. The EL is mostly peach, sandalwood and vanilla, and it feels very, very watered down next to the Aramis. Not really that bad, just very pale in comparison. If I ever find a full Aramis bottle again, I will grab it for sure; until then I will treasure every little drop of my mini.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

If you love the typical-for-its-age sandalwood-vanilla-amber base in Tuscany, then you will love it. If you don't, and if you hate Samsara, you won't like this either.

angelayio
angelayio

This was the first real perfume for me. It was a gift from my friends when I turned 18. I loved it.Warm, clean, elegant, feminine and so well balanced. I have never smelt it since the 90's and now I am almost afraid to test is again. All this distance has put it in a magical place. And my taste in perfume has changed. I don't want to demystify it.
But it never left my mind. Where I live is no longer available not even the estee lauder version, but I have tested Samsara and loved it. With the first sniff it was like a door in my memory opened, only for a few seconds, and TPD was there. I felt butterflies in my stomach. After many application I Iove Samsara for its own virtues , but I am no longer able to detect TPD in it.Maybe Samsara suits me more now.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I love this, but then I would because I love Samsara and the two are very similar. I snaffled a bottle for a bargain (I don't think the seller knew it was incredibly rare (i.e. pre-estee lauder). I really love the familiar notes. I remember this from the 1990's and I think I neglected to buy a bottle for some strange reason - probably because I was usually skint. I am pleased with my find though, a wonderful evening or cooler weather fragrance. Very feminine. Happy days!

EliaTatuirovka
EliaTatuirovka

I used it many years ago. It was one of my favorites for few years. I used it bottle after bottle after bottle.....
This perfume has a very nice scent. very exotic and sexy.

OMG.. I wish I could find it today.. <3 <3 <3

coffeex4
coffeex4

Estee Lauder "Trashed" all of those ONCE-BEAUTIFUL perfumes with GARBAGE!!! They're all sour, stale, and stinky on the skin.

Doesn't anybody remember Tusc.P.Don. in the early and mid 90's? It was deep, vanilla, spice,...fill the local airway....stayed on the coat for weeks... No, monthis!
The personality is being deleted right out of our vintage perfumes, which reminds me of "The Stepford Wives"!

Do they really think we don't notice?

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Thank you MrsLetterO for your amazing review. Your words are what finalized my Christmas wish to Santa...& I pray I have been a very good girl. ;)

kmcgrath
kmcgrath

I am so grateful to Fragrantica for leading me to Tuscany per Donna (based on my love of Samsara). It opens with floral and almost edible notes, comes down with woody and slightly oriental notes, and finishes with warm, earthy notes. I've been nursing my sample for a week now and can't wait for my bottle to arrive. I rarely finish a bottle of perfume so I generally prefer to purchase smaller bottles, but I love it so much that I bought (and can see myself going through) the larger bottle.

ETA: Over the past 6 months or so, I've acquired many truly lovely perfumes, but this outshines them all (as well as my previous favorites, including Samsara). I love, love, love it.

Albalonga
Albalonga

sky74 - modern Samsara is VERY similar, try EDT version ;)

sky74
sky74

I had it in the past. Beautiful, very unique scent.I loved it and I can't find it anywhere. Can I find something similar?

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

gifted to me by freddinos, it seems my love for this has never died. going back to '93, I'd finished my degree, decided against a PhD and got a job. This was one of the first things I bought. Youth is wasted on the young, but you don't understand this until you're older. You think old people are messing with you.. they aren't. It was too advanced, it wore me, but I wanted to be the sleek bronzed goddess woman that it represented. BIG smooooth sexy confident. All the things you want to be at 21... but often you don't have the confidence at that age (well I certainly didn't). Now I command that fragrance. I wear it. I will own it again. love you freds, you're so right, it's still the best.

freddinos
freddinos

I agree wholeheartedly with so many reviewers, this is indeed one of the best 90s perfumes! Back in the day I couldn't appreciate it, but I was young and ignorant. Nowadays I love its sweet and woody character, with carnation, ylang ylang, sandalwood, plum and subtle vanilla. Tuscany per Donna falls in the same category as Samsara, Venezia and a few other 90s beauties. Haven't tried the Estee Lauder version, but will definitely do if my vintage bottles finish (have been hoarding as I usually do when I love a discontinued scent very much!)

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

One of the best 90's perfumes out there, starts slightly soapy and peppery with carnation and evolves into a beautifully wearable but definitely 'there' skinscent I get hints of rose, peaches, wafts of sweet basil, honey (even though these aren't even listed as notes), lots of honeysuckle and tangy ylang ylang. Many say this smells like tresor but to me they are not at all similar this fragrance is uplifting and 'golden' tresor is somewhat a depressive type of fragrance. I find this most similar to Bob Mackie's 'Mackie' and the original Bijan - both warm golden yellow florals with peachy/fruity topnotes. Unfortunately I have noticed a strange almost Basil Pesto type note on my skin - something turns the mix of citruses and herbaceous notes combines into a sort of dirty unwashed aroma. I will take Mackie over this and re-home it.

bookerc1
bookerc1

This was my signature scent throughout the 90's and early 2000's. I loved the warm, woodsy scent, especially because it was more floral/woodsy than musky. It seemed like for a while, it was difficult to find a good scent with the woody element without having to knock you over with pungent musk, and this one fit the bill beautifully. The peach in the top notes kept it from being too dark and heavy, giving a sweet touch to it. I kept thinking I smelled cinnamon in it, which was very appealing to me. Now, after having gardened extensively, I think it is the carnation that I was picking up there, as they tend to have a very spicy, clove and cinnamon scent. The amber and vanilla in the base notes keep it very grounded, keeping it from being too light and insubstantial.

I was a preschool teacher for a few years, and then moved on to middle school. I recently pulled this bottle off my shelf and gave it another try, and a former student, now 12 years old, came up to me and said, "Wow, you smell like preschool!" I thought it was funny that my perfume was the scent he associated with those early years. Personally, when I think of the scent of preschool, I think of a musty basement classroom and wet Pull-Ups, so I was glad that he had a more positive scent memory. :)

gatunachula
gatunachula

I'm from Spain and I've been using this perfume for over 15 years, and do not sell it here, so I buy it on ebay, I have some vendors, and everything sold in USA, is the best perfume that I like is none the, brings me great memories, love it

exciter76
exciter76

I cannot help but tie this fragrance to nostalgia; I wore this fragrance to my senior prom. Nostalgia aside, this is actually a really enjoyable hearty fragrance. Tresor may have popularized the spicy pitted-fruit floriental trend of the 1990s but Tuscany Per Donna perfected that trend. TPD smells like the 1990s but it encapsulates the best of what the decade had to offer in a bottle.

TPD is distinctive, redolent with spice-laden stone fruit preserves. There are no spices listed but it smells spiced—I think the spiciness can be attributed to the carnation (I have to eat my words: I was not a fan of carnation but it is so irresistible here, leading me to seek out other carnation 'fumes). It does not take long for the vanilla, amber, and warm woods to imitate the scent of bakery goods—those fruit-filled butter cookies come to mind. It’s blissful! This decadent scent will stick around from first spray to next shower. The sillage and projection are typical of most 1990s scents: strong and sturdy.

I have an aged bottle—my second one—from the late-1990s that has only gotten richer with proper storage and time. I liked it when I was seventeen but I love it now that I am old (read: evolved) enough to appreciate all its phases. I love TPD for its unabashed personality and its ability to be gourmand at heart without being sickly saccharine.

Guest_nikkimouse
Guest_nikkimouse

@clecticgal1 ... how very perceptive of you :) Yes, Estee Lauder (which was formed in nyc 1946) later in 1964 Started a new company, under the name 'Aramis' which was originally geared twords men.

They also own Clinique, Stilla, Smashbox and some men's line in the Soviet Union :)

I love wiki
!

aqua76239
aqua76239

My introduction to Tuscany was way back in mid 90s when I was out shopping and the salesgirl exclaimed"oh, you are wearing same perfume as I do-Tuscany per Donna". I gave her a puzzled look because I was wearing Samsara and told her as much. Then it was her turn to look puzzled because she never heard of Samsara. Anyway, after that I decided to sample Tuscany and it does uncannily resembles a lighter slightly more citrusy version of Samsara. Samsara does also have jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood notes so perhaps this is why it smells so simular.
I just recently sampled Tuscany again and couldn't resist buying a bottle. If you like floral oriental scents with a lot of sandalwood, you will like this but I do think that Samsara smells more incensy than Tuscany. I have no idea why its called Tuscany because there is nothing about this scent reminds me of Tuscany. Both Tuscany and Samsara have this sort of Middle Eastern feel if anything
FYI, there is NO way this smells like Tresor. I wear Tresor also and there is not a shred of simularity between the two. Tresor is peachy rose floral that smells NOTHING like Samsara

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

I think Tuscany Per Donna by Aramis is the same scent marketed by Estee Lauder's Tuscany Per Donna? Same packaging, etc. I think Aramis and Estee Lauder are the same company....can someone clarify this or ??

Hollie
Hollie

Just scored an original Aramis bottle....completely full for $12! It really is gorgeous but smelled like something already in my collection.

Mackie! ( see my Mackie review :0)

Yes....as other have stated...it's true. I have this on my left arm and Mackie on my right.Usually when I think a scent has a twin, I do this two arm spray comparison and, at that point, the differences become very obvious.Well...not this time. I would call them fraternal..not identical...twins though.There is a very,very slight difference in that Mackie is just a teensy bit sweeter and creamier than this, which is just a little bit sharper/soapier.Also...Mackie dry down stays sweet and creamy while per Donna goes in a woody/spicy direction.Still.....very similar and beautiful!

olga1780
olga1780

Very nice and elegant oriental, but not a must have. It reminds me more of Samsara Shine than the original, but with a prominent peach note. It can be easily worn in warmer weather as it is airy and light.
In the drydown it smells almost identical to Mackie.
Nice sillage and longevity.

LuvsWhtDiamonds
LuvsWhtDiamonds

This one smells great. Not usually the scent I like but a great smelling one none the less.

carinas
carinas

Original Aramis Tuscany per Donna used to be my signature scent in the 90-s. It was so feminine, mellow, soft, yet sexy. Then suddenly I got tired of it. Didn't feel that mellow anymore, instead it was like heavy blanket covering me, couldn't finish my second bottle. I still consider it very different, beautiful scent, it's quite hard to find, which makes it even more desirable.
I do find similarities between TpD and Samsara. TpD is definitely more wearable, not that loud and heavy as Samsara. For all the perfumistas who love Samsara, I recommend to take a sniff of Tuscany per Donna.

renperd
renperd

There's a good measure of civet in the drydown, according to my snout. Such that it reminds me of Romeo Gigli per uomo. Good thing the vanilla takes a far back seat. The carnation in here is much more wearable than the stuff they put in Dolce Gabbana (red box EDT). Good development and tenacity. It's been a staple in this country (South Afica), but stocks may beginning to thin at the moment.

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

This one is possibly the one and only perfume that reminds me of being in love. It was the perfume I wore for my wedding; romantic, sensual, warm and inviting. I consider it a masterpiece for sure!!

mymlan
mymlan

I have a vintage mini of Tuscany which find very pleasant to wear. It's a typical 80's-90's floriental: the heart is warm and intensively floral, surrounded by a delicious (but non edible) gourmand touch of fruits in the top, spicy woods and honeyed notes in the base. Tuscany is very easy to wear, inoffensive and delightful.

I find it in character related to both Jil Sander No 4 and Mackie, but Tuscany lacks buttery tuberose in the center, and the mote of patchouli in the base. So, if you like them you may like Tuscany as well. The only drawback is that it's similar to many florientals from that time. I love them all, but I surley don't need to have too many similar fragrances in my overcrowded wardrobe :), so this mini will do for me for many years to come.

larali
larali

Love this. It is warm, seductive, and beautiful. It is not obnoxious at all.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I really don't like this one. To me it smells boring and uninteresting. There's nothing that attracts me to this fragrance, I'm sorry to say.

Amarilia
Amarilia

Iam so happy to rediscover Tuscany per Donna again. I wore it many many years ago back in 90's but suddenly lost it as it was discontinued by Aramis.
It took more than 10 years to find out that Estee Lauder is still producing it, and thank god it smells the same as I remembered. I had to order from US though, cannot find in any European store or on-line. What a shame, this is a hidden gem!
To me Tuscany per Donna fits better to a woody-oriental group. It is deep, woody, sexy and extremely feminine.
I would call Tuscany as a little sister of Samsara. It is more floral and wearable than Samsara, with beutifull slightly powdery sandalwood-musky-vanilla drydown. Very long lasting and memorable. A little goes long way, don't need to reapply. If you like woody-orientals (or Samsara) give it a try!

eclecticgal
eclecticgal

There is no problem obtaining Tuscany Per Donna from the Ester Lauder web site....I realize that some European countries (Germany and Italy I think) have more restrictions on importing. I am not sure about Australia.

Alexandrarae

I have found the last bottle of this available in South Australia - cost me heaps but was worth it!! It is as lovely as I remembered it to be - wore it to a function yesterday - had a hug from a friend who said "what are you wearing, you smell absolutely gorgeous"!! I Could still smell it on my jacket when I hung it up last night. So pleased to have Tuscany Eu de Parfum in my life again - will keep for special occasions (if I can control myself!)

Alexandrarae

Tried Estee Lauder counters in Adelaide today and nobody keeps this lovely perfume anymore. Had it up until 3 years ago but now unavailable - from what they tell me not available in Australia, but possibly can get in the USA or UK & Europe? Does anyone out there know if it can be obtained in South Australia? Would appreciate feedback. Notice it is available at online perfume stores but I would like to test it again. Would appreciate advice.

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

one of my very favorites . . . i do not know why its called tuscany thou? and why the box looks like the pattern of my great granny's couch? any way by just looking at the box or hearing the name i would never have even tried this but . . .this isnot how it came into my life. . . .i was at work and was in the back and keep getting the smell of heaven floating around the room and so i followed my nose up front and there was a lovely couple that looked so in love i didnt want 2 bother them but i had to so i asked what? are you wearing she told me and said that she hoped it wouldnt be getting discontinued because its getting hard 2 find..i bought some the next day and every wear i go i get stoped with the same question WHAT is that you are wearing ive even been asked to write it down i never get tired of it to me its beautiful

Alexandrarae

This was my very favourite perfume - then it just disappeared. Have read HOPE007 that can be obtained from Estee Lauder counter - oh, can it be true!! Will check tomorrow fingers crossed.

HOPE007
HOPE007

If you all love this fragrance and are having trouble finding it - go to the Estee Lauder counter, they have it. I just bought a 3.4oz bottle today (and called around and every Estee Lauder counter had it) and it is *not* discontinued. Just sold through the Estee Lauder Cosmetics counter. (Supposedly Aramis is a division? I am not sure about all that - just telling you all how to get Tuscany Per Donna & that it definitely is not discontinued)

samsara1977
samsara1977

A rich and warm perfume without being too much... . Fits any time of the year. To me it fitted better in summer.
It smells so comforting like a nice day on the beach. The leather makes it sensual, yet not overdone. I can also smell some sugarcane in it, a very feminine combination!

Zhara
Zhara

After much anticipation, (spicy carnation? fruits of Italy? sounded so promising!) I find this stuff to be utterly......... ho hum. The packaging remains delightful, tho.

Very Dept. Store, very ordinary, a faintly pleasant floral/orchard note in the drydown, and a faint, distant reminiscence of Albert Nippon, which I used to like. Also a faint, distant reference to Fendi's original scent, which I detested. Tuscany per Donna is quite loud and lasting, so at least one gets one's moneys worth, I suppose. Although it's a '92 launch, it makes me think of the big hair 80's in a totally major way, a decade I adored, and yet this represents like the totally most bogus part of the eighties, like just too Nancy Reagan, like I am so sure, y'know.

Very, very glad I got the little bitty tester vial instead of a bottle. Proof that one must test for individual reactions - one woman's delight is another woman's "meh."

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

A very feminine, rich perfume. The saturated color of the liquid like in this one is associated with the classic perfumes from the second half of the XX century )) It's a scent for those who is not impressed with the modern similar light toilet waters and is looking for something significant. A kind of a nostalgia, I think.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

Either my nose is going crazy or someone sent me a sample and labeled it incorrectly:

I get LOTS of leather from this fragrance - from the top all the way to the bottom five hours later. It reminds me of a fresher Cabochard with rose and and other white flowers added. It smells like a leather chypre to me, not an oriental floral.

These reviews don't describe what I'm smelling on my skin at all...has anyone else had this experience or is this sample possibly mis-labeled??

I think they discontinued this and it's such a shame! It was a very interesting and by the time modern oriental with strong floral tones and slightly sour notes vaguely similar to Benefit Maybe Baby. It was anyway a classy scent for lively young sensual lady. Extremely feminine and recognisible, it left a typical sillage.

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

This is a classy little number. To me, it's a mother's perfume - in a good, wonderful way. I picture a warm, elegant 30-something mother of young children wearing it. It's beautiful, feminine and gentle. It's not for me (not yet at least!) but I was moved by it.

kay_li13
kay_li13

I like this! From the reviews I had gathered that this would be a very interesting scent, today I went shopping at a big mall and surprisingly was able to find several stores where even the most obscure fragrances could be found! This was one I tested and it smelled like wet autumn leaves to me, and that's what I was expecting. :) I would wear this in the autumn. :)

P.S. Although I give this a good review, I don't think it's something everyone would enjoy... it's not typical. That's all. :)

guest_Mony
guest_Mony

Where did you find this perfume? I searched it everywhere in Romania, but here it doesn't exist. I asked my husband to search it on Heathrow airport, but he didn't find it too. I thought that it was discontinued, but I saw the reviews and I want very much to buy it.

silvina
silvina

I love it. It reminds me of a time in my life when I was very happy, studying literature in Portugal and enjoying my life. It's so terribly intense.

ishevche
ishevche

Very sensual, definetly not for every day. It's a little treasure in my perfume collection

jeca
jeca

Yes, they it's the same fragrance. Aramis is one of Estee Lauder divisions.

Natalia78
Natalia78

masterpiece of perfume!

angelineangel
angelineangel

Loved this one too.

One of the most romantic and exotic perfumes to date.

guest_ariadne
guest_ariadne

the most mystical perfume, represents exactly the ambiance of tuscany... its magic, it´s emotions and mysteries...