Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Santal Carmin Atelier Cologne for women and men

Santal Carmin Atelier Cologne for women and men
dislike

Santal Carmin Atelier Cologne for women and men Pictures Santal Carmin Atelier Cologne for women and men Pictures Santal Carmin Atelier Cologne for women and men Pictures

Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Santal Carmin was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Jerome Epinette. Top notes are lime, bergamot and saffron; middle notes are sandalwood, guaiac wood and white musk; base notes are papyrus, texas cedar and madagascar vanilla.

Lime Bergamot Saffron

Memoirs Of A Trespasser

Santal Carmin Fragrance Reviews

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Have I found a fragrance that's on the same level as Creed? I think I have...surprising that I have come to this conclusion. This fragrance is simply outstanding!!! Now in terms of smell, hands down Santal Carmin tops any of my Creeds, yes, even the infamous Aventus IMO. As for performance, Creed is the go-to, however, I think Creed has meet her match!

I just can't get over how wonderful this fragrance smells; This fragrance blew me away upon wearing...I didn't go into Sephora with the intent on purchasing anything, however, while looking I stumbled upon the amazing brand of Atelier, whom I have never really taken seriously.

Tried both Silver Iris and Santal Carmin and WOW was I captivated by the two. Took a sample of both although I fell in love with Silver Iris, I couldn't help but notice the euphoria Santal Carmin provided. I mean, I couldn't stop smelling the fragrance strip. Santal Carmin is some amazing juice by Atelier! Never have I felt so intoxicated, stimulated, invigorated by a fragrance and......I do have many in my collection that should illicit such effect!!! I mean, should fragrance make you feel this way??? Should fragrance invoke this (these) kind of feelings??

This fragrance opens with this leather car smell that is just phenomenal!! Now, this is very different than the leather car type smell you get from Mancera's Aoud S.

Santal Carmin has this Bergamot, spicy Saffron, Sandalwood and Madagascar vanilla combination that creates a very (sweet/spiciness yet) distinct smell that is also very different than your mainstream fragrance houses. These notes individually display themselves as the fragrant aroma fills ones space. There is this sweet vanilla type yet velvety woodsy smell that I find simply stunning!! This is all at first spray, once the fragrance settles you are left with this wonderful rich very vibrant fragrance with a slightly powdery base that radiates!

Really like this one; Projection is great, only drawback is that longevity could be better as one as to douse oneself for much projection.

Overall, a nice fragrance!

[12/12/2106] Looking to get my hands on a full bottle very soon (giggle)....like next week soon.

[12/27/2016] ...couldn't wait, had to get a bottle; well, I lied. Already ordered a bottle before I wrote this review!

After 3-4 hours, however the scent dissipates tremendously! Glad I didn't pay full price for this as I would be very frustrated because of the staying power. Don't get me wrong this is a phenomenal fragrance, it would be that much more if it stayed around longer.

....THIS STUFF IS ABSOLUTELY A-MAZING!!!

christobellious
christobellious

I am struggling a little to pick the dominant notes for the reason (as I have written before) that Atelier does such a great job of blending its fragrances. It opens somewhat sharply, which is the bergamot and lime and there is a strong sweetness to it too. When I put it on my skin, the wood comes through strongly. I originally picked up leather but as the other reviews point out - it's actually the smell associated with leather car seats rather than leather itself. It's a quality fragrance but not a stand out for me.

TakaBeata

It is very magic, oriental, rich.Not only for mature people.
I feel: Saffran,musk,ylang -ylang.
Deep not Dark :)
For everyone. I <3 AC.

Q80
Q80

It is sweet sandalwood, something that i have sniffed plenty of times, nothing new and definitely nothing risky. The saffron note adds a certain new factor to alter the commonly blend and trying so hard to make it genuine but fails at the end.

It remains quite good to the ones who loves designers fragrances but not the ones who seeks risky, unique, creative, or niche blends.

HOUSTONHOUSTON
HOUSTONHOUSTON

You are right, people. It is a new car leather seats! Because of the name i expected more woodsy scent. Very subtile, sweet, lasting power is poor. That is what i strongly dislike about this brand. I usually do 1-2, but with AC i do 4-6! Overpriced.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Ok, so after getting my nose on this and cedre atlas, I am VERY impressed with this house. They also appear to make scents for every season and are very diverse in their line up. I love a house that is able to be that creative and above all is NICHE! Atelier is nothing new and collectors know all about the house, but if your like me and always seen them but never got your nose on anything from them, you are missing out.

This is a fragrance where the name is a little misleading. I was expecting a sweet sandalwood. I get a new car leather smell, but not a cheap leather smell, a very prestigious leather like Italian or something with a base of quality vanilla to sweeten it up. As it drys down there is a mild creamy sandalwood just to do that only, make the overall scent have a delicious creamy vibe to it. This is best worn in the cold weather. It will cut right through it and you will smell so delicious. I wouldn't say it gourmand, but its a few drops of something away from it.

I highly recommend this fragrance if you are one who likes the genuine car leather smell or leather jacket type leather smell that is sweet and creamy.

AveParfum
AveParfum

A vanilla/saffron infusion with some very soft underlying woods. The citrus top notes don't ever die off but last and last for many hours. What woods I do detect don't smell like sandalwood nor palo santo. Cedar maybe? It's just a little bit sweet, which is a plus so that this perfume doesn't become cloying. Sillage is soft; longevity is pretty good. Compared to Blanche Immortelle, Santal Carmin is far more subdued; less fireworks. I was hoping for a spectacularly creamy sandalwood, but this did not quite fit the bill.

dimsal
dimsal

This is a sophisticated "oriental" (kind of) scent if a bit culinary and leaning on the feminine side. My take is that not much santal is going on here, so my nose would rather maybe call it Caramel Saffron. Lots of saffron with some vanilla and tiny hints of sandalwood actually.

TakaBeata

It is my second review .
The scent is beautiful and oriental as every from the collection metal. Hot , deep but not strong. After I feel the saffron with the caramel , bergamot comes with Lime, bergamot, guaic, cedr and papyrus. This is indescribable because is always the inverse pyramid:) I love Santal C.

[email protected]
kasimdubur@gmail.com

EPIC;-)

cynicaloptimist
cynicaloptimist

This is my current favorite. I love it so much. As for notes, I get NO lime at all. My skin pulls vanilla, sandalwood, leather, and caramel-y wood or something. No matter - I will be buying the full size. I'm just worried I will want to wear this everyday so my other fragrances will get no love with this one around. :)

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Oh hello, Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin...I am in love !
I want to wear this and have anyone near me wear it. Is that possible ?
Yes, this is love !
I would like my kids, my cats, my dog, my gardener and my next-door neighbor to wear it.
My suggestion would be it would be a rainy day or after the rain fragrance. So winter rain sort of fragrance. In the summer time, I have no opinion about it.
Sooo nice and very delicate fragrance. Although not very strong and not one to offend the naive nose, this scent will last a good 6-8 hours. The sillage is quite good too. This is my second try at Atelier Cologne. The first one would be Rose Anonyme, which I also get such delight but Santal Carmin is the winner.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

Right off the bat i need to give the house of Atelier some love

it does a good job blending their scents even tho most may not appeal to my taste it still deserves my respect now in regards to Santal Carmin

its open with a touch of citrus masked by a warm almost burn smell of vanilla and followed by a dry down note of cedar wood and spic

when i wear this scent it feels like i have a warm blanket keeping me safe from the harsh cold winter months one may encounter when living on the east coast

this scent brings a comfort/calmness to those that have the pleasure of wearing it even tho i feel like it doesn't project or last that long on my skin its still a scent worth wearing as a extra layer

i can see both men and women enjoying this but to me id say this is more of a masculine scent due to its dark sweetness

so give this one try especially in the cold seasons

on to the next

ps the presentation on this one is top notch!

Jish80
Jish80

Smells like a much older perfume. Sandalwood on a powdery iris vanilla base. I thought it would be a lot more modern but this just smells so dated

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I enjoy this most into drydown after an hour or so, where the sweet vanilla takes a back seat and I can enjoy the lovely sandalwood.

The sweetness does enhance the sandalwood nicely, it detracts from sandalwood's slightly sour note while adding to the creaminess. Saffron adds a pleasant dusty yet milky feel, which I like.

Having said that, I'd prefer Tam Dao because I'm not so keen on sweet sandalwood. The utlimate sandalwood is Bois Des Iles I suppose, but aldehydes spoil that slightly for me (that's just me though, aldehydes seem to be enhanced on my skin, but Bois des Iles smells like paradise on other people!)

Then there's the underestimated Samsara, which I think is an excellent sandalwood floral, more ideal for summer or early autum though, with its hint of tropical ylang and pretty jasmine.

I also tried Vermeire's Trayee a few times recently, which is like eating cardamom scented Kulfi ice-cream under a sandalwood tree - really creamy and rich, slightly gourmand and sweet for my taste, though delicious and luxurious.

I've yet to try Le Labo's Sandalwood, but for a good sandalwood kick I'd go for Tam Dao myself.

gelo999
gelo999

Fragrance its own hallmark, typical Atelier, unmistakable !!

Atelier Cologne fragrance makes good quality, full of color and life, bright and cheerful.

Carmin Santal opens with fresh citrus, green accents and terpene with a vibrant saffron, tuning spectacularly well with layers of mixed woods, revealing a heart of creamy sandalwood, soft, pulsating and vibrating by itself, and a drydown combo cedar, papyrus and sweet vanilla caramel feels but not cloying.

Santal Carmin is a fragrance that feels young, modern, contemporary, with good length and moderate projection.

But I prefer the less fresh sandalwood, cinnamic and more dense as Santal Noble or Sacred Wood.

Rating: 5

LeonieB
LeonieB

The lime adds an oily sweetness rather than a sharp citrus burst, but is saved from becoming cloying by other soft fresh notes which blend amiably but not predictably. Reminds me of L'Artisan Perfumeur's Batacuda but with a subtle woody mellowness once the lime settles down.

silvereye
silvereye

This is warm and cosy but a bit too sweet for my taste. The spicy note irritates my throat a bit.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

I was expecting something more woodsy..I love sandalwood and wood scents.. The sweetness in this one makes me agree with the "like" button but no full bottle here, I'll pass..nice blend and great house, I just think this leans a little more on the feminem side, but I love santal 33 so if that means anything

tiamaria101
tiamaria101

This is my favourite fragrance from Atelier Cologne and one of my favourites ever. There is something so warm and comforting about it. It's not very dramatic or challenging, it's a big warm blanket in front of a log fire on a cold stormy winters evening. Love it!

RayF
RayF

The Santal Carmin has to be my fav among all Atelier colognes. The openning is kinda sweet, almost marshmallow-like on my skin, but def not so overwhelming. Then it develops into a round, subtle, creamy scent that really works its way deep down into my body. I can almost feel the scent penetrating and sinking into my skin and gives this final combination of vanilla and sandalwoods which is truly beautiful and oh so natural and calming. Def go get the full bottle next time!

lainysmall
lainysmall

Reminds me of Dior Addict.

Lesser
Lesser

Tried another sample vial from the discovery set of Atalier Cologne. At the moment I am exploring sandalwood scents, and finds them really soothing and mind calming, and I like most of them -some e´ven so much that I have to buy them. Unfortunately Santal Carmin is not one of those "got to have" scents.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
The scent starts out as a sweet and aromatic. It is not a penetrating sandalwood, but a more balanced scent. The vanilla, papyrus, musk and saffron adds light but pleasant undertone to balance the sandalwood. Also the vanilla adds nice sweetness to the melange.

The scent is really unisex, but is more masculine than feminine. It lasts for 8-10 hours but you can experience longer longevity. It's a good wood scent, that does not offend anyone. Not that it is anonymous but it is so balanced that it is noticable without people thinking bad of it.

Overall Review 6/10

angelico

There is an almost complete resemblance between these three modern perfumes; as a trend that bears the enigmatic joy sweet side! This is the vanilla sugar, saffron and musk, which mix a bewitched way with sandalwood, guaiac, and papyrus; a harmony that reminds me of a type of candy we got used to eat a lot in the period of childhood; really this smell is an invitation to live a "Flash Back" for both ends of memory is an alliance between the conscious and the unconscious! These are times when there are reasons to call the children and do exist in the present moments of absurdismes and fantasies; Here is the case between 2014 Carmine Sandalwood Cologne Workshop "Jerome Epinette" and Olfactory Studio 2014 home Olfactory Studio "Mylène Alran" and of course with Lithium house NU-BE "Nicolas Bonneville." I love these three masterpieces!

angelico

il y a une ressemblance presque complète entre ces trois exemplaires de parfums modernes qui se considèrent comme une tendance qui porte la joie énigmatique du coté sucré! C'est la sucre de la vanille, safran, et musc, qui se mélangent d'une façon ensorcelée avec le bois de santal, gaïac, et le papyrus; une harmonie qui me rappelle d'une type de bonbon qu'on a eu l'habitude de manger beaucoup dans la période d'enfance même d'avant; vraiment cette odeur est une invitation de vivre une "Flash Back" de deux extrémités de mémoire, c'est une alliance entre le conscient et l'inconscient! Ce sont des moments ou on trouve des raisons pour faire appeler l'enfance et le faire exister a des moments présents d'absurdismes et de fantaisies; voilà c'est le cas entre Santal Carmin 2014 Atelier Cologne de "Jérôme Epinette" et Olfactive Studio 2014 de la maison Olfactive Studio "Mylène Alran" et bien sur avec Lithium de maison NU-BE "Nicolas Bonneville". J'adore ces trois chefs d'oeuvres!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

On my skin, the opening lime notes of Santal Carmin are very harsh. Afterwards, there's a sublime vanilla-sandalwood combination, which is utterly delicious, soft and calming. I enjoyed the unusual smoothness of the papyrus occasionally peeking through as well. The fragrance then starts to become more bristly as the cedar takes over... and to be honest, it's interrupting the creaminess for me. I just wanted the comforting and creamy sandalwood, and that's not what I got here. The dry-down is cleaner and a little more musky.

Longevity is about about 5-6 hours; sillage is moderate to heavy (I got told that it smelt quite strong on me). This is a solid sandalwood fragrance, except that lime really doesn't agree with my chemistry... and I didn't appreciate the cedar stealing the show :)

randy.devost1
randy.devost1

A floral leather, like someone's aunt going through a midlife crisis, trying to reinvent herself by buying a Mustang and divorcing her husband.

kim_klaus
kim_klaus

Cosy. Like finally arriving to the place you have been awaiting to come.

A fine crafted cabinet full of leather-covered books, along with a fireplace, a cosy leather couch next to the dignified oak-wood desk. A good book and a cognac, perhaps.

Warm, dignified and relaxed scent. No matter what happens, you never raise your voice when wearing this.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Hmm. That's odd. All I got out of this was an opening that reminded me briefly of Vanilla Incensee, a lot of synthetic sandalwood and then nothing. It was all over in fifteen minutes. My nose is usually quite sensitive but I can't seem to smell this fragrance at all.

TakaBeata

Saffron saffron , saffron <3 and carmel )

jes1123
jes1123

Heaven. A perfectly unisex scent- I loved it on my boyfriend and he loved it on me. It is warm, spicy, creamy, strangely good longevity, appropriate sillage, and very wearable. It is pleasant and cozy. A enjoyed the sample so much I bought a full size.

Jojose417
Jojose417

I must own this!! Love it so much!! Once it's on for a while there is this very warm cozy spicy vanilla left. I just need to find a way to make it last longer on me. Anyway, not sure why this one has to come in a fancy bottle making it more expensive! I just feel so good every time I smell it, will be worth it to buy for me. Might be my only perfume purchase for a while!

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

This is another one of Atelier’s gorgeous fruity, spicy scents. I don’t get any wood, but what I do get is very nice indeed. I smell lemons, limes and a hint of tangerine as well. The sillage is subtle, but it’s a lovely, happy, optimistic, joyful scent.

guest_Sharkington
guest_Sharkington

The first time I sprayed Santal Carmin on myself, it reminded me of a new leather briefcase and I immediately fell in love with it. There is no leather note in this, but the silky vanilla and woodiness really give that effect.

Most of the top notes are fleeting on my skin - I do not catch a lot of lime or bergamot, but the saffron is very prominent. Eventually the sandalwood and vanilla take over making for a very creamy, cozy sandalwood/vanilla scent that is a little sweet. I am actually surprised to see that "sweet" is not one of the main accords. It is sweet and non-cloying. I also found the longevity decent, but not amazing. It lasts 4-5 hours on my skin, which is still better than a lot of perfumes out there. The price is a little steeper than many of Atelier's other fragrances, but I caved in because this perfume just makes me feel so good.

Cereza
Cereza

I don't understand what's the deal here - I might be ansomnic to this perfume, but "Santal Carmin" showed incredibly low longevity and silage for me. As I see from the votes, I'm not the only one expierencing this. The scent stayed on my skin for 2 hours projecting very close to skin, I poured a good deal on my wrists (0.3ml for sure) and was surprised how incredibly dissapointing the development and staying power was.

The scent itself is not bad though, it has the wonderful balance between the dryness and freshness making this stand out in the world of sandalwood scents. Even though it was pleasant, I also found this slightly boring, as I mentioned before - the development was dissapointing and most of the time I wasn't even able to smell something at all, just sandalwood. I waited a good deal of time to write this review as I always give the scent chance to develop, some even reapper after dissapearing, but this was not the case. Wonderful first 30 minutes and then poof - boring, almost not there.

A major dissapointment from the house I've enjoyed before. Spend your money elswhere, or at least try, this could be a terrible blind buy for someone.

muzzbait
muzzbait

the sandalwood in this is wonderful, but there's a sweetness in it that kinda ruins it. it's borderline feminine, but that in itself is not the issue. i think i came to this scent hoping that the sandalwood would be the key ingredient, however it is a bit player. nice, but not sandalwoody enough...

Stop the presses!
I'm stunned by this fragrance it is nothing short of magnificent!
I have never smelled anything like it before, very sweet but with a creamy, woody understated edge. The way Atelier Cologne's Santal Carmin comes on is very much like other quality sandalwood fragrances, it seems to creep up.
Very minimal in the beginning and so reminiscent of other fragrances I've tried with sandalwood and papyrus (except for the occasional unpleasantness) this has sweet notes and a hint of citrus in the opening which elevate it so something else entirely.
As it develops the sandalwood becomes both spicier and creamier combining with a gorgeous vanilla note which comes on stronger too.
What is evident is one of my favourite, complex notes saffron which gives any fragrance a classy edge.
The overriding scent I get however is a sweet berry, like strawberry or raspberry in this scent it's kinda the heart of the whole thing and I just can't see how that's bergamot and lime?
Whatever it is, it's wonderful and contributes to a perfect storm, which combines many elements I love.
The drydown is dense guaic wood and creamy sandalwood with sweet long lasting vanilla.
It's strangely reminiscent of a few things Scent story 24 Gold just in style terms... maybe it's the sweetness, vanilla, and woods then Le Labo Santal 33 and Decennial Santal Sacre for papyrus and how tranluscent the Sandalwood is at first but then builds. Also reminds me a touch of Xerjoff Ivory Route but with gorgeous sweet and inviting gourmand touches of fruit added in making it totally different.
It has what I've termed 'secret sillage' because hours after application and despite never being a powerhouse you get glorious wafts of it every now and again.
My girlfriend thought it was 'very ordinary' and was surprised I was raving about wearing it so much but she said that about Ivory Route which I thought was amazing, maybe she doesn't like sandalwood?

Santal Carmin is fantastic, great longevity, not the longest lasting but several hours puts it right up there and it does project softly. It just as innovative as Gold leather which is a brave boozy scent and these two alone make me rate Atelier Cologne as a house.

If you don't like sweet, or gourmand fragrances it may not be for you but I can't even say that for sure as the sandalwood might just hypnotize you.

I adore this fragrance and want a bottle pretty bad.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

Oh my, I love this. It does open on the sweet side, as slapdash below pointed out. On me, the sweetness calms down pretty quickly.
On me, this then turns woody and creamy and delicious. I love it. Of course I do, because the chaeapest bottle on atelier's website is $135. Sigh.
I can see how this might not be for everyone, but I have a low tolerance for so many fragrances and this is fantastic to me.

slapdash
slapdash

To begin at the end, so to speak, the final throes of Santal Carmin are very pleasant. The notes have coalesced into a balanced blend of mixed woods, green citrus, cream and musk. It's smooth and effortless and made me wish that the fragrance was entirely linear based on this phase.

Rewinding to the start, I was caught out by a sugar rush, the concoction far sweeter than anticipated interpreting the pyramid of notes. It's also quite dense, amplified by a large dose of creamy sandalwood and an intensely buttery saffron. Not even the bergamot and lime are enough to stop Santal Carmin from being top heavy. I likened it to the bloat of over-eating a particularly decadent creme brulee - delicious and nicely caramelised on top (that part played by the guaiac wood) but, in the end, too much of a good thing.

Fair warning: I have a low threshold for sweetness, so bear that in mind. Personally, I find the richness 'in situ' verging on cloying - for the initial hour, that is. Beyond that I have far fewer complaints.

Overall, there's more going for Santal Carmin than against it. Sampling a fair few times is suggested; this is not a blind buy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.