Designers » A » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Ariane Avon for women

Ariane Avon for women
dislike

yellow floral

Ariane by Avon was launched in 1977. The perfume is a classical floral bouquet, opening with aldehyde notes, bergamot, peach, pink pepper, coriander and rose wood. The heart is a bouquet of jasmine, carnation, orchid, rose, lily of the valley, orris root and ylang-ylang. The base is composed of benzoin, sandalwood, vetiver, cinnamon and musk.

Palisander Rosewood Coriander Bergamot Pink Pepper Peach Aldehydes

Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette

Ariane Fragrance Reviews

zombieldehyde
zombieldehyde

I have this fragrance in a rollerball and initially, it is not appealing but once it dries down, it has a very feminine and mature scent. I like it but I guess it's reformulated already by now based on ther reviews here.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

Poochkeepoo is correct, Avon used cheap ingredients for this and they have turned very quickly. I have various perfume bottles from the 1940s which are fine, the problem is Ariane, not vintages in general. I do recommend anyone to buy this.

poochkepoo
poochkepoo

Ariane sure smelled nice back in the day...I was a teen.
My best advice for those of us seeking to find a fragrant piece of the past... is fairly simple. Do not!
And I REALLY mean... do NOT.
You well may 'find' this fragrance of the 'past' for purchase...online somewhere...somehow...however...
... this fragrance is not currently being produced.... so all you will get for your hard earned cash is...
a very old fragrance...which will prove quite offensive to your pretty little snout... for the shelf life of all fragrances at their peak...are very short...and spoil tremendously over time.

Please 'remember' this tiny tidbit...when searching the internet for any and all of those fragrances of yesteryear....for they simply do 'not' exist!

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

One of my two favorite Avons, the other being Emprise. Ariane is soft, floral, with a radiance uncommon in today's perfumery. Is that the aldehydes? I detect no carnation in this, I'm somewhat sensitive to carnation, but there is a slight spiciness which might be the cinnamon? There's enough other components to keep it from being too floral. I have a cream version of this I bought maybe 13 years ago. It's lovely, and I like it better than my Ariane edts.

la louve
la louve

I got the 7,5 ml perfume for christmas from my auntie... its the vintage bottle from 77-80 ... such a high quality...still an oldstyle beauty!!!! Wood, carnation, coriander, cinnamon..jasmin... lady like... classy... LOVE from LOUVE

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I remember this one back in the late 70s early 80s. My friend's mother introduced this to me, I can't remember if she sold Avon or she was helping a friend who sold Avon, but she was always bringing the brochures over to our house to show my mother and talk her into a purchase or two.

Barb was sure I would love this and she was right I did. She went so far as getting this for me as a christmas gift. I rememeber it being a lovely slightly sharp floral, though I don't remember much musk to it. I felt so grown up and sophisticated when I wore this.

I can almost conjure up in my mind how it smelled and it makes me think of this kind lady who treated me just like I was one of her own.

frankiebragg
frankiebragg

I loved in the 80's and would love to find something to compare it to now.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

When my sister was selling Avon back in the early 1980's, I bought a small bottle of this perfume, mainly because it was from France and I was being a snob lol.
I guess I am not a huge fan of lightweight florals/aldehydes, because while I liked Ariane, I had no desire to buy another bottle. When I wore it I felt like I was pretending to be some yuppie chick, and that's just not me. It was just TOO "classy". I never detected the carnations, otherwise I would have sneezed.
This was a lovely scent in a cool, refreshing "springtime air" way, and if I found a bottle at a tag sale I might buy it for nostalgia, but I really do prefer my heavy gourmands.

ggkeller
ggkeller

Disappointed because I got a bad bottle on ebay and it smelled bad liked it turned.

truffles
truffles

How strange. I really used to like this in the 80s. A reviewer below says it's heavy on the carnation but I couldn't smell any at all, I wouldn't have been able to stand it otherwise.
It's nice to see it here.

joesycatt
joesycatt

It was my favorite perfume by Avon during the early '80s. I haven't found any other scent which even comes close to its floral beauty and elegance.

A cool aldehydic floral, very heavy on the carnation. Quite nice.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Ariane fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Ariane, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ariane by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ariane by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.