Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Chic in Black Avon for women

Chic in Black Avon for women
dislike

sour

Chic in Black was presented in 2009 and created of sweet fruity aromas, floral bouquet and opulent woody accords. This perfume is available on the market as 50 ml (1.7 oz) EDP.

Fruity Notes

Floral Notes

Woodsy Notes

Little Black Dress
Enchanting

Chic in Black Fragrance Reviews

I just received my bottle of the newly issued Little Black Dress (I am in Canada), and I was hoping that it was a true relaunch of Chic in Black from years past. To my nose, these are not alike. They are different enough that I would not even call Little Black Dress a reformulation. This is beyond a mild tweaking, it's a whole different perfume. This new LBD opens very citrusy and ends musky, and that's about it. It smells much simpler, and projection is very weak. I am not getting the more complex layers of Chic in Black, or the plummy floral woody blend of notes. It's remotely possible I am remembering Chic in Black incorrectly, but I doubt that. I shall have to dig it out and compare to be sure, but to me, this has been changed beyond recognition. At least Avon had the decency to give it a different name instead of pretending it's the same scent.

avonman
avonman

JUST an FYI to All you C.I.B. lovers....AVON U.S. is bringing this little Beauty Back in late Winter/Early Spring 2016!!

UPDATE: It's being Re-launched as it was 1st known...LITTLE BLACK DRESS...My rep material states that it's been Modernized as a Oriental Floral (judging from the scratch and sniff I have, it smells more like the Original 90s Version that we used to sell!) and the Notes Now will be...

(Notes Updated 1/4/17)

Top: Sparkling Italian Lemon Oil, Baises Rose, Black Plum Essence

Mid: Luxurious Jasmine, Peony, Rose Petals

Base: Sophisticated Sandalwood, Vanilla Absolute, Musk

Christina0065
Christina0065

It smells very woody to me and smells like flowers growing through some plywood lol Not that it's bad, just woody and floral, very feminine!

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

strong white floral and powdery nothing sweet about it..

abbeyroad68
abbeyroad68

This is a good, inexpensive fragrance actually! I prefer Chic in White, but I purchased them both. Smells like more expensive perfume! Not like other Avon fragrances.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Reminds me of J'adore, but softer.

fragaddict
fragaddict

Chic In Black is elegant, sophisticated and classy. I wear this when I'm feeling grown up. It can be worn on any occasion, day or night. The lasting power and sillage are both good and this smells far more expensive than it is. Chic In White can never compare as this has more depth and is a better fragrance all around. I hate that Avon discontinued this but I can't say I'm surprised. They would rather keep Step Into Sexy around and get rid of this classic fragrance. I wished I had stocked up when I had the chance. This one is absolutely timeless. I will miss Chic In Black dearly.

amy1983
amy1983

The name Chic In Black is fitting,because this really does smell chic.
This is a classy fragrance. This is not a casual,hanging out with your friends kind of fragrance. It's a wear to the office,or being wined and dined on a fancy date kind of fragrance. As this is a less expensive alternative to more expensive fumes,it does smell a little cheap. But for the price,this is a good clone.
This is a rather wintery perfume,and I don't see any fruit in this at all. I see this as an floral oriental. The bottle is a square,classic shape,fitting the scent perfectly. Not groundbreaking,but nice.

hannie5
hannie5

I owned this one but had to give it away because it just doesn't blend well with my chemistry. :( And I really wanted to like it. The thing is that I would get sample swatches of this and it smelled nice but once I received the real thing via Avon...then...not so nice. But I am happy it made another person's day! Avon has scents at such reasonable prices.

lizlady68
lizlady68

Does small alot like little black dress but doesn't last as long on me. A good one of avons for sure!

FYI:

TOP NOTES: Cyclamen, Apricot, Fresh Honeysuckle (yummy)

MIDDLE NOTES: Pink Peony, Yiang-Ylang, Gardenia

BASE NOTES: Milkwood, White musk, Plum

lalalala

For some reason i can never get enough of this fragrance. I think it's the perfect balance of sweetness, fruitiness and floral and it's even a bit woody. When it dries down it does have a powdery smell but i quite like how the various notes become apparent little by little.Also i quite like the simplicity of the bottle, although i wish that the cap would snap down better (for travel). Best thing is that it's long lasting, inexpensive and inoffensive (i've never come across a person that doesn't like this scent).

Sillage: 3.5/5 -- 4 hours

Lasting power: 4/5 -- 6 hours

Overall: 4/5 :-)

P.S - i'm so sad it's discontinued :'(

lachacon
lachacon

i like the scent. it's ok, but don't layer it with the persperant, and lotion, because it gets too over powering. it's good for night time, when going out somewhere, not to much for everyday use. it's a soft musky some what powdery smell.

lilablume1978
lilablume1978

my bf kid has this and i had a wif of it and loved it so i got it off of ebay and i got i i was happy then i put it on and oh my word it smeeld so nastythe person i got it from will not take it back oh well i got it for 7 bucks i wish i knew ho sold it at the store so i can smell it there to see if it is differnt or not it is hard to fine perfume i love
BUY FIRE AND ICE OR THE FIRE AND ICE COOL PERFUME IT SMELLS SO GOOD

Tiktak
Tiktak

I was very exicted to try this. I bought a gift set with the fragrance, lotion, shower gel and deodorant for $14.99 from AVON. I finally tried this and after about 15 minutes after I applied the lotion and a light spray; I had to take another bath because I could not stand the smell on me. It turns into a very odd, stale smell on me. I was so dissappointed because I know a few ladies who wear this and it smells so nice on them. I just gave it to one of them and at least I got to make someone else happy with my purchase.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

All in all a good fragrance. This avon scent is very nice . It smells very sophisticated and alluring. Will buy it soon. Tried a sample from my avon rep and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.

Halvah
Halvah

I don't understand the notes above, because in my country Little Black Dress is sold in this bottle (formally it used to have the other bottle with the golden ttop), and I'm sure it is the same liquid in it so it should have the same notes as Little Black Dress has.
Anyway, it's a sophisticated, light floriental that unfortunatelly does not last on my skin, however, I really enjoy wearing it and the first minutes are just beautiful. It really is a pity that one need to reapply it during the day.

The fragrance itself is soft, floral, slightly spicy and musky, a little sweet with hints of vanilla. An elegant but safe choice for any workplace. If it was more potent I would definetely use it on occassions, too.

Fragaria
Fragaria

Reviews here are great! I think just about everyone at any age will like this one. It's a safe everyday type of scent. I don't think it'll bring on any compliments unless someone just notices you have perfume on and is just polite enough to let you know it was worth your time and tell you it smells nice, but a Tony the tiger you smell GRrRrRrRrrrreat you probably won't hear. It's maybe a bit expensive smelling though. I think it's well worth your money and a good choice if your in one of your moods where you HAFTA buy a perfume or you'll just die and you don't have really have the money to just blow. This would be a wise and good choice! One you certainly won't ever regret. In a word, versatile would be it!

arg1971
arg1971

I have this has a nice scent not one of my favs but It will do

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

This is the perfect contrast of Chic in White. This is a deep, rich scent that totally reminds me of Little Black dress. I love it.

mocha43
mocha43

I really like this perfume. It is a lovely sweet scent with spicy notes (although spice is not part of the notes). It lasts about 3 hours on me. It is a really worthwhile, affordable perfume.

Sissi
Sissi

A first spray of Chic in Black is Sparkely Sweet floral and then dries
down to woods but unfortunuly this doesn't last long but enjoy it what you can And i love the bottle's Design.

AmberLove
AmberLove

My first review:)I got curious after reading the reviews here, so I ordered a bottle on ebay, and I am really surprised with this one! Several years ago when someone introduced me to Avon I got a sample and did not like it at all, I guess I did not give it time...But now I like it, its not my best fragrance but it smells nice and expensive like some high end brands.

vioversilver
vioversilver

Very mellow, I get pineapple especially -with woods, nice! - the florals are a too shy on me though, I want more of them to come out on my skin...still very pleasant though.
An o.k. scent.

MondeoGirl

Just discovered, purely by accident, that this has a remarkable similarity to Estee Lauder's 'Intuition', which I wore to work the other day!

mandi
mandi

this smells just like forever by elizabeth taylor except it lasts longer. i really didn't expect this from avon

MondeoGirl

Still called Little Black Dress here in the UK. Just bought myself the new look bottle (as above but with UK name). I've now decided I like it but didn't when it first launched in UK 8 years or so ago. I don't know if the formula has been changed slightly, but it seems a whole lot nicer - or maybe it's a fairly sophisticated fragrance that I simply had to "grow into"? It also last longer than most other Avon fragrances. Really glad I gave this one another try!

falovalo
falovalo

I smelled this from the scented page in their catalog, maybe it's different on the skin, but I smelled Givenchy's Pi! Not a bad thing, just surprising.

vdxl
vdxl

It is Little Black Dress in my country. Maybe this perfume is a modern version of a Chanel No 5. It smells great on women, it is very elegant and it could have been a designer fragrance easily. It is very chic, sweet, minimalist and floral. Girls, if you use it, you will smell like a million dollars.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Exactly like Little Black Dress. My mother still has several bottles. Oh Avon.... why do they do it? They are the queen of discontinue, along with Bath and Body Works.

guest_Peek-aBoo
guest_Peek-aBoo

Little Black Dress in Disguise, smells the same

alina terec
alina terec

it's the same as little black dress minus the bottle wich in both cases is good.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I do know that Avon has introduced this in America as the new (Little Black Dress) with a new name. I am not familiar with the original Little Black Dress so I can not say if it smells the same. I pick up a lot deep florals right away in this, and a rich musk, followed by a light spiciness. I would lean towards the floral/oriental category for this fragrance. For myself, I find Chic in Black most appropriate for cooler weather.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Chic in Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Chic in Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chic in Black by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chic in Black by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.