Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him Avon for men
dislike

herbal
Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him Avon for men Pictures

Avon Absynthe for Him is a fragrance for men created in cooperation with Christian Lacroix in 2009. This edition for men joins the version for women. Seductive spicy notes are combined with green accords and smoky, woody aromas.

Basil Black Pepper Lime Petitgrain

Fig Patchouli Cardamom Myrtle iris

Vetiver Amber Artemisia Labdanum Malt

Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him Fragrance Reviews

kisherceg
kisherceg

One of the worst scent I've ever smelt.
You can't wear it without people around you thinking you have drinking -problem.
When I sprayed it on me I felt like I spent a lot of time in a scrubby pub.
Unwearably boozy scent. Really stinky.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

avon... avon... I really don't understand why they are lauching so many feminine good fragrances and for the guys... perfums like this one... smells cheap for me reminds me an axe...

The_Drake
The_Drake

An ok spicy and semi-generic scent that struggles to leave an impression on me. Smells a bit similar to Nemo, but Nemo is a much better choice.

Projection: 6/10

ekat92
ekat92

Does anybody have or has, and want to trade or sell?

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

It's not all that they say or what it seems to be. It smells extremely generic, in my opinion. Don't be deceived by a nice advertisement and a well-designed bottle.
It's the worst cologne I have. It might be one of those love it or hate it types.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

When I smell it I think this would be the smell of a magic potion. Exotic sweet, spicy (pepper and something which remembers me of anise), with a touch of greeny fig and citrusy. Citrus go away quickly and fragrance gets spicier shortly after.

It's like a pot and inside this have an infusion of herbs and spices matured around years: a enchanting spell. A perfume for the wizard (or witch, if you are a woman or feel like one) within you. Tender earthy tone at dry-down. Longevity is ok (around 5h+) and sillage too.

Molko
Molko

Good scent with weak longevity:S

Dennyfer
Dennyfer

Adoro esse perfume! Comprei a pouco tempo meu quinto frasco, não consigo ficar sem um frasco desse perfume incrivel em meu armário, sou mulher e muito feminina, mas adoro essa versão masculina por causa do forte cheiro verde e doce. É impressionante a deliciosa fragrância dessa bela criação de Christian Lacroix. Nota 10!

marietita
marietita

my mother ha it.. i dont know why she like this one!!! the female version it much more nice.. but this.. hiug :|

murilops
murilops

very very very good fragance!!!

Rockdj
Rockdj

well i finally got this cologne and i´m very impressive cuz it was not what i was expecting for this one! the aroma is very unique,soft with some wood notes, like herbal freshness and last so long!! i sprayed twice on my wrist and 6 hours later it was there!!! its not my cup of tea, but the fragrance is very good; a shame that AVON discontinued NOIR a nice one that i truly care about it!!! ABSyNTHe not for everyone only 4 people with class!

instantjim
instantjim

I have waited a long time for this fragrance and it finally arrived yesterday! I read with interest Gypsy Perfumista's reviews on this and have made it my aim to obtain this when possible. I ended up having to buy it from England (the other side of the Earth from where I live). Let me say it was worth the wait. I have no fragrance that is really very similiar to this, yet when I first sprayed it on there was a definite sense of olfactory de ja vu.

In it I detected a similarity with differing aspects of number of fragrances: Pure Vetiver by Azzaro, Noir by Avon, Diesel Green Masculine and even some of the "red" scents like Xeryus Rouge and Dunhill Desire for Men Red. Imagine a more refined version of Diesel Green with an added layer of spices, or perhaps a green version of Dunhill Desire and that is starting to approach Absynthe.

Quite obvious upon application is a distinct pepper accord which links this perfume nicely with Noir (by the same creator). There is spiciness and sharpness to start with but at the same time (almost paradoxically) a thread of sweetness runs through.

This is much richer than Pure Vetiver by Azzaro, though the treatment of the vetiver is similar: quite restrained and subtle. I'm not sure if absinthe extract smells like wormwood (or for that matter artemisia), but there is an underlying pungency that is really appealing. Diesel green is not even in the same universe so far as quality is concerned, the greenness of Absynthe is much smoother, thankfully!

This lasts really well on me (unlike many other Avon fragrances). I would now like to try Rouge by Christian LaCroix to see how it compares with Noir and Absynthe. What a pity that Avon have not made a men's Rouge. If Rouge was to be even half as good as Absynthe it would be a worthwhile proposition.

guest_Teddy
guest_Teddy

Well, what I can say. It's similar to Christian Dior „Dior Homme“. „Dior Homme“ – long lasting than „Absynthe for Him".

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

A suitable color for an outgoing, charismatic and conservative aroma. Citric-herbal playfulness, matures in only minutes to a smooth, warm-earthy, spiced personality with a sweet side. I wouldn't call it sexy, but surely for the adventurous ones who stay ready to explore the world and new adventures. I believe through the right attitude and persona of the wearer, this could be sexy, as it has the potential. It even holds some mystery, due to something smokey detected in there somewhere. I think I'll wear this today, and be THAT guy.

Thank you Gypsy Parfumista for a sample vial. Here is my chance to try it before I make a purchase. The funny thing is it smells like the way I expect it. It's sweet and incensey with a nice mixture of spices. The scent is fresh. I can smell earthy dirty patchouli but it ain't so bad here. (I usually don't like patchouli). It's full-body but never appears too heavy. The overall vibe is kind of like Body Kouros or Le Male, but Absynthe is smoother, cleaner, much more wearable and could appeal to a broader group. There is also something special about it and I can't explain. It's addictive and mysterious. It's a special scent and I can't see it as my everyday use, but definitely it's a must have and must try.

FINALLY! It has arrived from Avon UK and I completely concur with guest_MJ-Amazing!! I have Noir and a mini of Rouge, but THIS is simply superb...

Absynthe for Him begins with a warm, bitter but smooth green scent that is enhanced by the addition of a light citrus (bergamot, no doubt)and truly does remind one of the liqueur. In the heart the spices become more smooth and the addition of grains, leaves and roots (barley, fig leaf and orris) keep it very natural smelling and the patchouli adds a dark exotic air to it. In the drydown, vetiver adds to the green aura and lasts to the very end. The perfect counterpart to the addition of absinthe itself, and the amber and labdanum resins give it a thickness like the actual drink, genius! This is a mean green cologne, but not to the point where it is too much, or too bitter...an elegant, mysterious and unique creation that will shine in the cool autumn days ahead. It is something different from the usual mass-market releases and I am so happy to have it at last!! :-)

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 5/5 Incredible!

*I would like to thank all of the Members here who attempted to help me in my search for this wonderful juice...you guys are the best!*

I cannot for the life of me understand why Avon (US) did not release this, so far my nephew and one other person wanted a bottle of this after smelling mine. Maybe, if anything is too different, they are afraid will not sell...all I know is I'm stocking up before this gets discontinued like everything else I like from this House! It was definitely worth the wait...

guest_MJ

Finally I could feel this commented scent. One word: AMAZING! Is a little woody/smokey and spicy, but sweet too.
Is addictive and gives you a rare sensation that I can't describe well.
I put a tiny spray in my wrist to prove it and i can't help smell it over and over.
I recommend it for all ages men. And almost here in Argentina, you can get it for about 90 pesos. Not expensive at all (23 american dollars aprox.)

guest_MJ

I will receive this the next week and I'm anxious to wear it. I see that is difficult to find it in USA. So bad, here in Argentina they sell it for a very good price. 85 pesos, (about 22 dollars).
Meanwile, the others imported perfumes are very expensive to buy here. (about 100 dollars = 400 pesos)

guest_JAS
guest_JAS

To Gypsy (and any other inquiring about this fragrance):

As an Avon Representative myself, I am unsure why Avon appears to be avoiding any questions you have about this product. However, I can tell you, you can order from any Representative that now has an E-Site. I can't advertise mine here, I wish I could, but I can't.

Anyway, as a Avon Rep, I have searched and am unable to order the version of this for Men. It's just not available anywhere through Avon. I have searched high and low and though the fragrance for Women is available, the one for Men is not found anywhere on the Avon Site.

Other than that, I have been unable to find out why? I am thinking that it was not a very big hit (the one for Men and was discontinued). I hope that helps.

...To dream the impossible dream...

Unfortunately I have wanted this frag since I found out it existed in June of '09 and despite repeated inquiries AVON has sidestepped my questions and even apologized for my inability to order it...here's a thought-Let me order it from a rep outside my area... alas, things are not that simple in the marketing department!

Since the only notes listed here are very broad and general I have done what any self-respecting parfumista would do I SNIFFED 'em out:
TOP:petit grain, green leaves, pepper, & citrus (bergamot?)
HEART: cardamom, Patchouli, iris roots (orris), fig, and barley water
BASE: vetiver, amber, labdanum and (of course) absinth extract!

*Some have mentioned blueberry leaves and a few other notes yet I believe these are personally perceived nuances and not in the actual olfactive pyramid (Like nutmeg and cardamom=tobacco etc.*

This is at this time my #1 Most Wanted fragrance, it has all the notes I love so dearly and believe would just be magickal together and judging from reviews and how the womens version smells and the "notes" listed I will wait as long as it takes because nothing worthwhile ever comes easy...

ideolog
ideolog

Don't get fooled by a great bottle design and sexy advertisement. Try it before you buy.(I know, it's quite complicated with Avon, but try to find it before you make your decision.)
There are definitely several pleasant notes in this perfume, but I can't wear it because: it's very spicy (which is not a big problem for me) and sweet at the same time - which is an unpleasant combination for my nose.

Diegof7
Diegof7

Ele é um perfume bem diferente do convencional, na saída é fresquinho devido a lima Kaffir e verde, logo depois ele adquire uma característica mais smoke com madeiras quentes e o fundo é bastante oriental e adocicado.
Ele também possui notas de mirtilo verde, raiz de orris, patchouly, labdanum, pimenta preta, cardamomo, figo,floras de Myrtle,óleo Petitgrain, cevada, vetiver, ambar e extrato de absinto ! Acho mais apropriado pra uso noturno.

dreh
dreh

Here in brazil it must be used at night preferably or in winter days. It's very warmy and sweet, I like this smell but I like more fresh scents.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Christian Lacroix Absynthe for Him by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.