Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Christian Lacroix Noir Avon for men

Christian Lacroix Noir Avon for men
dislike

Christian Lacroix Noir Avon for men Videos
Christian Lacroix Noir Avon for men Pictures Christian Lacroix Noir Avon for men Pictures

Avon in collaboration with French couture fashion designer Christian Lacroix launches Rouge, or Red, for ladies and Noir, or Black, for men. Christian Lacroix is that way appearing at the mass sale market, while Avon adds a prestige 'haute' perfume in its portfolio.

Noir is a luxurious, bold, but sensual and sophisticated fragrance for men. It is a fresh fougere fragrance that features ginger fresh saffron extract and green Asian grapefruit leaves in the top. The heart notes are cardamom, eelgrass, and cactus pear, with a slight orris whiff, that gives a special character. The woodsy notes grow stronger with the fragrance development as the base is composed of white cedarwood, driftwood, vetiver and musk. The silver-gray bottle, adorned with floral motif, was created by Christian Lacroix. Creators of this perfume are Pascal Gaurin and Yves Cassar of IFF(International Flavors & Fragrance). Noir was created in 2007.

Ginger Saffron

Del Mar Baldessarini

Christian Lacroix Noir Fragrance Reviews

Essy_C
Essy_C

This works well on me, spicy and sugary. Sillage and longevity are poor but if you can get the testers from Ebay its fun for a pound.

Basey85
Basey85

Woods, spice and everything nice, well you would hope so with this fragrance but it’s just an average fragrance from Avon and Christian Lacroix. I really tried to like this one, I really did. Yet, I have been let down. I bought this when I knew nothing much about fragrances and just wanted something a bit out there and different.

Well, after testing it for a while now, it’s out there in the fact that it has hardly any longevity or projection and any smell you do get from it is gone in two hours.

This is another fragrance from Avon that also gives me a headache, and I’m surprised that I stuck with it for so long.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Why did I know this was going to be a disappointment, it smells fairly decent enough, in a generic kind of way, gingery and woody, slight sweetness in it, although I'd struggle to identify what the note is. The bottle is really nice, the fragrance though is just so uninspiring and generic. Longevity, sadly with all other Avon fragrances on my skin is no more then 2-3 hours. I had such high hopes of this one, bland.

herreroph
herreroph

When they took to the next level as Ferrari or Halston did ?
All Avon fragrances are mediocre, not longevity or projection

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Not very impressive. It's an overly subtle and undistinguished woody/spicy thing. I can smell it every now and then during the day, but it's too common, too little, too seldom.

Unobtrusive, inoffensive - boring.

And, a side note: I am now convinced that the term "noir" in perfumery means nothing. It's a marketing gimmick.

Interesting bottle, however...

thalestv
thalestv

I had this and the avon brazil no more sells it in here, it is very good especially at night. :)

willbear
willbear

this is an odd one i like it ........ but was hopping it would be like Rouge in a way its not sad to say but its nice not long lasting

themattsky
themattsky

This one is plain boring.

StuartDoheny
StuartDoheny

I expected this to be Nuits big more mature brother, but alas I got its incestuous cousin.
This scent is almost scentless, and for me does not have much longevity. Its nice for a light office fragrance, but it is not one you would wear for a statement.

Buy Christian Lacroix Nuit instead- that one is worth its weight in the money you will spend on it.
Avoid Noir, unless you are starting a Lacroix collection.

jw503
jw503

Blind bought this, and I do not recommend you do! This is my least favourite fragrance that I currently own because it gives me a headache and makes me sneeze.

Like some people have said, I also get this peppery smell (I can only smell this if I sniff directly into the area I sprayed or the nuzzle). The fragrance is a warm spice, so I would say to wear it in Autumn and Winter days. I do not believe you can wear this at night, unless you over apply to get stronger sillage. Personally, I do not think this fragrance is well blended at all.

You can wear this fragrance to work, it is a smart and warm fragrance to wear.

Overall I think it has 4-5 hours of longevity and moderate sillage.

Would I buy this again?
NO WAY! Liking the bottle design, but there is no way I would purchase this again as it sometimes gives me a headache and, to me, not well blended.

yasammy
yasammy

I know the bottle says it's for men, but for me the sweet notes make it just as suitable for women. Love it!

karsten
karsten

...sehr sehr schlimm und billig!wie kann man nur!am besten sieht noch die flasche aus!

c_d
c_d

Fine impressive scent, like a soft after-shave, but too volatile, it dissapear in about one hour!

gazelle
gazelle

Bought at clearance for husband. If he didn't like it, I might. Loved Lacroix Rouge three bottles worth. It is rather bland compared to the potency/sillage of Rouge. It is unobtrusive, conservative, quiet, clean. I smell tamed ginger. He likes it. I'm happy. Discontinued.

greystone
greystone

I dont know what this smells like or if one can still purchase it,but if its anything like Rouge for women I want it..My wife owns Rouge and I love it and am upset that avon isnt currently carrying it.If Noir is anything like the womans Rouge version I am sure I will love it.

domurst
domurst

Totally agree with Van Allan on this one, except it lasts little longer on my skin. It was my first and last try with this one.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Years after releasing the unforgettable Bazar PH and the complex Tumulte PH, Ch.Lacroix house has come out with this rather simple & bland fragrance, for mass market appeal (sorry, but it can be seen who's fault is here, namely Avon, which produces mostly low-price fragrances).

This one starts bitter-fresh (ginger-saffron) and quickly evolves to a spicy semi-sweet heart and a very simple woody base.

It can be tricky for less experienced users, because it doesn't smell bad at all in the beginning, but unfortunately after 15-30 minutes become bland, rather cheap smelling, like an ordinary mall fragrance. Fortunately, after another 60 minutes is totally gone.
Sorry Avon, my personal rank 6/10. ☣☣

instantjim

I really enjoy the opening of this fragrance: it is sweet, spicy and peppery.

Of interest is the fact that pepper is not one of the listed notes, even though it is evident to my nose. The sweetness does not come from fruit as is so often the case: it is a more generic sweetness, which is nevertheless effective in balancing with the spices and woods. The ginger gives it a warmth an richness, which is most appealing.

In a PM to me desmondorama mentioned that it has similarities with Arpege pour Homme and I thoroughly agree - it is the pepperiness that gives this impression.

It is very well crafted, my only regret is that it does not last very long on me: it is hardly detectable after 3 hours (it is however summer here in Australia and it may last longer in Winter).

instantjim

I got this for a gift from my daughters today, I like the fragrance, but will have to give it time before I can properly review it. What I find highly amusing is the fact that it is listed twice: under Christian LaCroix and Avon and the way it is rated differently under the two listings (check to see the difference in how many people love, like or dislike the fragrance).

guest_Allysuebabes
guest_Allysuebabes

I loved the scent so does my husband. Gave it to him as christmas present!

aizen86
aizen86

I bought it before testing it. At the first spritz, it reminds me of Del Mar by Baldessarini. It totally have that similarity. But after a few minutes it begin to smell more woody compared to Del Mar. The longevity is great, more than 8 hours.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

The scent is too strong and whenever my boyfriend wears it i can't stop sneezing.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Fresh and the top notes are elegant and masculine, but it gives me a headache.

Rockdj
Rockdj

nice fragrance very fresh and woodsy, is a great composition one of the best mans colognes from avon, nice bottle the staying power is around 4-6 hours. not smell cheap at all the girls love this stuf.

piotrek
piotrek

I decided to try this one, becouse Christian Lacroix craeted few really good fragrances, and I like this bottle and... only bottle.

The scent is BORING, like chip cologne for men
First I smell only wood with charecteristic for Avon unidentifiable flower note, then I don't smell anything because it disappear.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

I'm buying this for my hubby for Christmas after checking the reviews on avon.com. The fragranced page in the Avon book was great. I can't wait to smell it on his skin!

lollynut
lollynut

Top note are totally elegant.
Its on my skin about 3 hours.
I'm so sad that's not longlast

crysna
crysna

cute bottle, 5 stars fragrance i adore it! its very fresh and masculine, its pure elegance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Christian Lacroix Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Christian Lacroix Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Christian Lacroix Noir by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Christian Lacroix Noir by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.