Designers » A » Floral Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
Exotic Beaches Avon for women Pictures

Exotic Beaches is an exotic and sensual scent that is a getaway to your own little paradise. Discover the magic of summers with sparkling notes of mandarin, orange blossom and sensual marine accords. Available as 30 ml EDT. Exotic Beaches was launched during the 2000's.

African Orange flower Mandarin Orange Sea water

Breathless

Exotic Beaches Fragrance Reviews

kristamb
kristamb

I ordered this perfume when I experienced Avon's Tahitian Holiday and decided I loved beachy scents! I wanted to try this one as well...But Exotic Beaches is just okay for me. Totally reminds me of a perfume I used to have by VS-Breathless...It is very creamy and almost like a more expensive tanning lotion scent. But a little too vintage for me. It reminds me of orange blossom with too much cream or musk mixed in with it. I am holding on to it for now....but I don't usually reach for this one....I think I would prefer to have a whiff of Exotic Beaches off someone else, and then I would be satisfied having smelled it briefly. Smelling this all day as my own perfume is just a bit much for me, I guess!

JamesBeach
JamesBeach

A dryer sheet. Freshly-cleaned laundry, still hot. This is usually a derogatory comparison used when a fragrance has gone musky with wild abandon, but I say it lovingly here. The laundry impression is impeccable and charming. Warm, comforting, and entirely uncomplicated.

What I'm not sensing is anything to do with the beach or sea water or anything tropical, nothing that would earn this its name besides a trace of sweetness.

SallyDecker
SallyDecker

It has a summer style. It doesn't last that long, it smells like when you're on the beach.

smiley82
smiley82

Did not like it, gave it away. Didn't smell like the scented page in the brochure.

flowerycherry
flowerycherry

i remembered when i work with avon in 2010 avon giving this fragrance as a gift to their customer...
so i got 50 pcs of this fragrance giving it to my customer. when they tested it they said it smells like a soap, its stinky... so its end up to the recycle bin since no one want to have it as a gift... worst ever fragrance from avon

Trinidella
Trinidella

i still a quarter bottle of this fragrance. I find it to be modern and can still rank with what is today called 'summer scents."

This fragrance smells oily enough. Actually, it's oily in general, if you look on it in the bottle. I would say that it smells most of all the mandarin note mixed with something smelling like a suntan oil.

Not my cup of tea, but my aunt likes it. So now she owns it:) Thanks to her!

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Spritz this on. Close your eyes. You feel like you're on holiday. Dreamy. . .

CoriH
CoriH

I remember getting this in high school and i really liked it. It was a simple scent, beachy yet musky, warm yet fresh. The lasting power wasn't very long but I remember constantly sniffing myself whilst it was on I liked the scent so much.

This was Avon's summer scent for 2005. I remember smelling it on a "stinky page" corner, when I was just first falling in love with and had just begun selling Yves Rocher...

I hadn't looked at an Avon brochure (at that point) for over 10 years; and this was nice, but not enough to lure me away from YR! My mother's friend Mary (who was wearing this that day) was still selling Avon then and left a book, bought some YR nail polish from me and then, it was not until late 2007 (when the romance faded somewhat with Yves, and many longtime favorites were discontinued in Fragrance and Skin Care) that I began getting back "into" Avon.

This was very warm and musky and not all that "beachy". Imagine a bit Ban de Soleil suntan oil, crossed with orange blossom and musk. The orange blossom was prominent also with some very sheer citruses. To me, personally, the scent of exotic beaches would have lush and tropical flowers, warm salty scents and some vague hints of driftwood and a breeze laden with juicy, unusual fruits and sun-warmed leaves...not synthetic coconut, oranges and orange blossoms. I live in the US and Florida is nice, but NOT all that "exotic"...

Sillage: okay
Longevity: average to fair
Overall: 3.25/5

A far more exotic choice from this house is the now discontiued Karmala or even Bohista. Karmala is clover leaf, tahitian vanilla, pink pepper and pink cassis. Very rich and almost gourmand and very unisex feeling. Bohista (a real gem) is ginger lilies, orchids, hints of chocolate and musk. These are far more exotic, in my opinion; and worth searching out (they are both gone from regular magalogs) more than EB is. I agree with Weegee Eau de Star (even Womanity) and Salt Air catch the "seascape" better than Exotic Beaches ever could...

EDIT (7 Feb 2012): I received a full bottle of this as an extra in a swap with a member here. *THANK YOU Before_Sunrise!* It smells much better (in person) than I had remembered it from seven years ago. Fresh with sunny citruses and flowery with a warm almost tiare-like breeze and a lovely dry down of what Avon likes to refer to as "island musk".

The rating has been changed (raised from 2.75 to 3.25 out of 5) to reflect this, above; but since my mother loved it so-it now lives with her...but I have "wear it whenever you want, dear" privileges!

weegee
weegee

Disappointing. I was looking forward to a beachy smell of any kind, whether suntan oil, salt, sand or ocean water but -to my nose- there's nothing in here suggestive of the beach at all.

Opens like a brand of hairspray my mom used to use too much of... Aquanet? Adorn? I smell the citrus in the harsh topnotes but then everything fades into a generic body splash.

For an inexpensive beachy fragrance I'd say instead buy Demeter's Salt Air. which creates the "mood" of the beach amongst the ozonic notes. For a bigger budget, try Mugler's Eau de Star, which to me smells like a strong breeze along the ocean. If you can say, "What budget?" go for Dune for the natural scent of an oceanside beach.

UPDATE: I sent this to my mom and she loves it. She says she smells ALL of the beachy smells I'd hope to smell but reports that it's the orange blossom that's most prominent to her nose. She says at first sniff she was transported to Florida where she spent many weeks during several spring times there with my father, who passed 20+ years ago. That kind of "nostalgia in a bottle" is priceless. Must be my nose that's off.

krissycat
krissycat

Not bad. I almost got rid of this one when recently rediscovered it in my stash of avon scents. I decided to keep this one when I realized how much it reminded me of the summer time and boy am I longing for the summer again. It's a hard fragrance to describe but the scent is soft, not very long lasting.. but it is nice as a body mist to spray maybe right out of the shower. Definetely brings back memories of being on the beach this summer

i dont know how exotic the beach is, but it sure does smell like suntan oil. its an ok casual summer fragrance. not offensive or long lasting.

Wolfbane
Wolfbane

I remember this one.

Uhhh the artificial smell I could not distinguish any note it was just too damn simple and too damn sweet .

It smelled too sweet for summer, nothing original just another Avon and it was marketed back then like a summer perfume with a little bit of glitter. It was something like two in one, perfume with glitter. It did not really leave any glittery stuff on your skin it was just a marketing trick and it made the perfume look really strange.

All of my middle school colleagues had a thing for it because it was sweet and glittery.

To be sincere I think it smelled cheap and it really had nothing special.

Plain bottle, boring advertising, and nothing that make this perfume stand out.

guest_Lucia 1987 Benitez
guest_Lucia 1987 Benitez

Please upload the picture and information of the predecessor of this perfume called exotic waters is so cool and fresh,appropriate for the summer and very clean.I have never seen this perfume before in the USA or latin america.

budgies6
budgies6

Good fragrance for the summer. Not too strong and smells like the beach.

Juma
Juma

It very simple, silent, summer scent (with harsh beginning, but it fades away in few minutes)for every day use, maybe for vacation too. I can't imagine to wear in winter.
Edit: Now I know: scent is very si,ilar to old-fashioned soap, used before decades.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Exotic Beaches fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Exotic Beaches, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Exotic Beaches by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Exotic Beaches by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.