Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women

Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women
dislike

Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Avon for women Pictures

In 2008 Avon is presenting a new luxurious fragrance for women. It was created in cooperation with the renowned American designer Cynthia Rowley. It comes in a cute 50ml (1.7 oz.) bottle decorated with recognizable Cynthia Rowley's flower motif.

The fragrance is aimed to a woman full of life, which enjoys every moment discovering various sides of her personality – childish and youthful, yet at the same time coquette and sensual.

The fragrance reveals a rich floral blend with lily in the centre, surrounded with the notes of freesia, sensual spices and musk, sweet vanilla and sandalwood.It opens with freesia, citruses and violet leaf in the top, which lead to the heart composed of lily, water lily and jasmine in the heart and musk, cashmere wood, vanilla and sandal wood in the base.

Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP was created by Richard Herpin and Frank Voelkl.

Violet Leaf Citruses

Freesia Lily Floral Notes Water Lily Jasmine

Sandalwood Cashmere Wood Musk Vanilla

Florentyna White Flowers

Flower by Cynthia Rowley EDP Fragrance Reviews

sallrw
sallrw

I received a bottle of this a few days ago and this makes me so ready for spring and summer to get here. I'm still going to wear this before spring anyways...just because I can and I want to :) I absolutely love this! While waiting for this to come in the mail I was wondering if I would actually like it because some of the review stated that it reminded them of a funeral. I was a little bit leery being I just had a funeral for my mom only a year ago and was a little scared of it. Not exactly a memory I care to revisit. I just love flowers though and had to give this a try. I am so glad I did! It doesn't remind me of a funeral at all...no, not one bit. It truly takes me straight to the cold fridge inside a florist shop full of assorted fresh cut flowers. Thank goodness...cause I don't do funerals to well! I love this a lot, I really do! It is very beautiful! Worth giving a try if you love flowers.

Objections
Objections

A fantastic cold florist shop scent. This fragrance is a very realistic mix of icy, fridged, wet, white florals. Stargazer lily is the star of the show here, it might be off putting to some. This scent is a good take on a photo-realistic cold room of flowers.

Erui
Erui

When I first tried it, I found it lovely, but few minutes later it just tunred into a sour, disgusting rotten milk smell on my skin, and I don't get it why. Such a pity.

angiec777
angiec777

I remember this one from when I sold Avon back in 2008. I got a bottle of it for promotional use and was absolutely smitten by it. I remember getting lots of compliments on it. Sadly I gave the bottle away to a friend and never reorded it. I just got a bottle off of eBay and I don't like it as much as I used to. It's definitely the same fragrance but I think my tastes have changed. It is very strong on the white floral and musk. I don't get much spice in there. It's just a powdery, white bomb of flowers. Not to be mistaken for V&R flowerbomb which is almost gourmand. Still a very nice fragrance. Just not one of my everyday go-to scents.

The_Entity
The_Entity

If you cant get hold of this, get Marks and Spencer Florentyna White Flowers, its pretty much identical, except this was a little more pleasent, smells like flower water, with a small hint of vanilla in drydown, florentyna white flowers is just like flower water.

PerfuMEOW
PerfuMEOW

What a lovely, strong bouquet of flowers! It is SO strong so you'll only need one spray.

I just received a bottle in a swap and tested a little spray on my right arm (a while ago) and WOW! What great sillage and longevity.

If you love a good, strong white floral... this one is for you!

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

I love this! It is really really beautiful! I really have never smelled a perfume that is a garden in the bottle! This is all of your favorite garden smells in as close to natural as possible. I love how this lingers on the skin and just grows into a creamy beautiful wonderful thing. It just gets better and better. This is supposed to be the mama to Cynthia Rowley's Petal which I have and you can really see the resemblance. I am amazed by how extremely beautiful this is. Honeysuckle at it's best!

AmazonGrace
AmazonGrace

This is one of those underrated gems amongst the offerings of Avon. Yes, the price has increased since it was first released, but I continue to happily pay that reasonable price for this one.

There is not a single thing I would change about this perfume, and that's a rare thing for me to say. Florals are not even nearly my favorite category of scent, but this one may even become my (first) signature scent. If not: it will remain in my top 3 or 5 rotation simply because it's that beautiful.

There is nothing heady, headache-inducing, nor dominant in this realistic bouquet. The lily is lush but far from being funereal. I sense a very realistic note of jasmine here also, but the florals in this are not over-the-top, and ingeniously tempered by the violet leaf and woods. The longevity and sillage are both excellent on my dry, acidic skin.

The symphony of notes creating this fragrance are quite authentic compared to their natural counterparts, and I get no synthetic/chemical "aftertaste" from this at all.

Definitely a fragrance worthy of high praise!

lizakaya
lizakaya

Picked up a bottle on Ebay fro a song. This is a rather lovely white flower, lilies to me without the same headiness of tuberose and gardenia. I can easily see wearing this at the office. It's clean and floral and a little playful. Sometimes white flowers are so rich and overpowering, this is pleasant instead.

Legs4Daze
Legs4Daze

I loved this fragrance from the minute I held the cool vintage looking bottle in my hand. My friend sold Avon and insisted I try it..even though I was working in fragrance at a major department store. To placate her, I bought a bottle. You know those moments in life where everything feels wonderful and right? Well, that my friends, is Flower. I never got so comfortable with a fragrance, so fast. It has such a lovely vibe with white flowers , vanilla and sandalwood. It was as though I had been wearing it my whole life. I made it my signature scent... Until the bad guys at avon stopped carrying this diamond in the rough. But it was a beautiful relationship while it lasted.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

Owned this many years ago. A straight up white floral fragrance, Gardenia/tuberose to be exact. The dry down is floral with a hint of musk. Nothing woody or spicy in this one at all!! If you like white florals this one is for you!! Lasts long on the skin too.

firestar2124
firestar2124

I was recently given a bottle of Flower as a gift. I really, really like it. It's sweet without being sickening. The scent lasts nearly all day on me, and most others are gone in just a couple of hours. Today was the first time i have worn it to work, and I got several genuine compliments.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I ordered some as a blind buy from ebay and I think it may be off?? Is it supposed to smell a bit like pot-pouri?

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Today I found a sample vial and some sample towelettes in an old purse, and decided to try Flower "for a change", since by now the Fragrantica folks know that I normally don't do light florals!
I was afraid that I would sneeze or something,but actually so far the scent has not bothered my allergies. The top note is mostly lily but I can detect the violet leaf, which adds a pleasantly mossy note.There is a slight "edge" to Flower which makes it less cloying and "girly girl" than the usual floral perfume.
Doesn't last as long as I prefer(this is one where the sillage seems stronger than the fragrance on actual skin), and is just too light for me, but I do like the scent and think it would make a nice gift for a women who enjoys florals.
The woman who compared it to a luxurious powder-puff is right on the money.

polkadot27
polkadot27

I bought this perfume in 2008 and i still have it now. The bottle is unique and cute & looks adorable on top of my white chest of draws. It is a very fresh feminine scent. It smells like lillies and lavender. Perfect for early summer morning walks. It gives me an awakened feel whenever i wear it. It is unique and different to any other perfume i have tested. It is special in its own way.

rockstarrshade
rockstarrshade

This is absolutley spring fragrance! I love to wear it on EASTER :) you can smell flowers there. its so fresh and really strong :)

Absinth_fairy
Absinth_fairy

This prefume reminds me of a cementery, beacuse of the overwhelming lily and freesia. I sniff it and see myself standing near the open coffin;)- still, it's very orginal and sillage is good.

leogirl84
leogirl84

Mmm..smelled this when it first came out and instantly wanted it. Light, floral and powdery without any chemical yuckiness, and it smelled lovely on me.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

Love this perfume and it is my signature scent or has been for the last few years. :) I am on my second bottle and have a third for backup. It is rich, flowery, and musky. I get compliments on it when I wear it. I also love petal, but that one just doesn't have good lasting time.

sleck

If anyone has any they want to get rid of.. I will buy it from you.. Please message me on here.. thanks..

sleck

I still have a very small abount and only wear it for special occasions.. I want more... I get more compliments when I wear this perfume than any other perfume I have ever worn.. and it last forever... you can still smell it hours after you spray it on..

gsnroses
gsnroses

People used to comment on how nice my perfume was when I wore this. I love it! I wanted it back in the market. Hope Avon bring it back for this season =).

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

It amazes me that a lily perfume can be so wonderful while the actual flower gives me awful headaches when I get too close! I received a free sample of Avon Flower yesterday and immediately fell in love - not knowing exactly what it was that I was smelling. It was only when I read your reviews that I learned I could love a flower as scent without loving the flower itself.

Peggspark
Peggspark

This is an incredible scent and I always get compliments when I wear it! It layers beautifully with BBW Enchanted Orchid body wash and lotion! It is powdery and sensuous and long lasting. Too bad it was discontinued, I'll use the rest of my bottle sparingly! It's a gorgeous spring time scent if there ever was one!

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

To be honest I would try this fragrance just because I LOVE the bottle and the ad so much, lol. I love *anything* that reminds me of springtime and flowers, but from the reviews I might not really like it as much as I think I will. BBW 'Carried Away' had the same effect, the packaging was beautiful with blue sunny looking flowers and it smells like spring.

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

It's so common and too strong, full of freesia - I don't like it at all.

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

On my wardrobe page, Flower by Cynthia Rowley is listed as one of my few favourites. I would consider it a soliflore, and that flower is definitely the lily.

I am crazy about lilies, when they bloom in my garden I sniff them continuously till the day they lose their petals...

This fragrance is the embodiment of the eternal lily, love it so much.

Good staying power.
I understand that some cannot stand lilies however, therefore I am trying not to overdo it.

joannacole
joannacole

People used to comment on how nice my perfume was when I wore this. Its my all time favourite and I have just used the last bottle :( Please bring it back Avon.....

This fragrance is a dance of cool and warm. It has the fresh cool floral notes (mostly lily and a bit of freesia), intermingling with the warmth of musky sandalwood. It's a perfect balance on my skin. I don't detect any gardenia at all on me. I bought this unsniffed mainly because of the cute bottle, and hoped the scent was bearable, but I'm very happy with the stuff inside.

jillrp
jillrp

I bought this one quite a while ago and use very sparingly, usually only in the spring. It is a STRONG floral fragrance that lasts throughout the day. I feel pretty and springy when I wear it, but it has the power to give headaches. Especially if it's warm out and your skin is moist, it can just hang in the air. Use this one with extreme caution.

CountAnubis
CountAnubis

I like it! To my nose its nerly a pure Soliflore!
Because most i smell is the white "Madonna-Lily" nearly in perfection and slightly intens.

It has green-, soft-spicy- and much creamy-Notes.
In fact its really a bit gourmand-like but not what i would call a gourmand fragrance.

There is also much that reminds me of Gradenias in full bloom. Maybe its somthing between the Madonna-Lily and the Gardenia.

And i love both flowers, so i really enjoy this fragrance. It has an great siliage and instead of most Avon frags a very good staying power (between 5-7 hours).

But i understand if its a hadache scent for many people, because a Gardenia bush or many Liliys in a room is also a heavy headach factor for most people.

08 out of 10 Points.

dame piglet
dame piglet

First: I LOVE this scent... it's actually the best and most different Avon scent I've ever tried. So, of course, Avon discontinued it. :(

I don't find it powdery... it DOES have a great deal of sillage, so it's best to use it sparingly. It's blended well and is a great quality scent. It lasts and, as I said before, it's best to use sparingly - I think layering it with the lotion makes it too strong on me.

It is definitely floral /musk / sandalwood - not edible smelling at all.

Office Safety: 4/10 (a little goes a looong way!)
Headache factor: 5/10 (doesn't give me a headache, but I think it could give someone else problems)

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I like the bottle very much. But inside... yuck! Flowers? May be. Somewhere deeeeeeeep-deeeeeeeep inside. I want to likу this scent, but I can't. I apologize to the fans of this scent, but I only feel cheap air freshener with "flower" fragrance. I only have to admire the bottle without trying to open it.

Liina
Liina

Nice floral scent but nothing extraordinary. Middle notes are a little green on my skin. Reminds me TTA Diamond by Avon. But TTA Diamond is fresher than this. It's nice but ordinary and not for my taste.

deeannek
deeannek

I would have sworn this had Gardenia in it and I am shocked to see that it doesn't. How can that be? That is all I smell. Oh well-it doesn't matter it really has grown on me and I hope I can find another bottle soon. I am running on empty.

happyheizel
happyheizel

I really really WANT TO LOVE this perfume. But everytime I bring my nose to the bottle, I almost puke. Like, EVERYTIME. Good thing I bought it for only 5 bucks. haha! And my mama likes it so there'll be spillage of goods. :D

EDIT. Just the worst. The worst possible perfume. If you wanna throw up, this is the key.

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: freesia, citrus, violet leaves
MIDDLE: lily, waterlily, jasmine
BASE: musk, cashmere wood, vanilla, sandalwood

OceanGirl2011
OceanGirl2011

I got this fragrance as a gift, and I really love it! It's a very nice floral with a balanced sweetness to it. I like how the floral and the sweet notes are perfectly balanced. It makes me feel feminine and fresh whenever I wear it! I really enjoy it!

adele l
adele l

Be warned- you must love the smell of lilies to enjoy this scent- big, syrupy oriental lilies. It's a lovely lily soliflore, sweet but clean underneath it all. Flower is pretty heady- suitable for a floral kind of mood!

ScentedK
ScentedK

This is one of the best fragrances I ever smelt and bought. It's name is exactly how it smells but a little muskier. Very nice. I love it and actually have the Body Wash to it.

guest_gazelle
guest_gazelle

I bought my first bottle when it went to the clearance brochures. I immediately ordered another. Such a shame it is no longer available (here, at flea market). I could still smell flowers and spices 12 hours later!

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

This is truly a wonderful scent! It's not sweet or overly floral, it smells wonderful! Hate that it's discontinued, but thanks to ebay, I can still enjoy this fragrance :)

Kiku
Kiku

How could Avon have discontinued "Flower", one of their best ever, already?! This one is so rich, vibrant and full of life. It starts with soft, powdery freesia and spices. The heart is dominated by the purest Casa Blanca lily since vintage White Shoulders. The dry down is warm and woodsy. Even the bottle is one of the most beautiful in a long time. What a shame that this is already a "lost" fragrance!

lemonlavendergirl
lemonlavendergirl

My Favorite avon scent after sweet honesty.....This is for a true flower lover.I love it so much.

Doodles
Doodles

very sweet, very floral.. but can feel too sweet and strong at times. i like to wear it but not two consecutive days -once every two weeks maybe. i get mixed reviews though -some love it and some absolutely hate it! noone in between..

lovely bottle i must add..

VroniF
VroniF

Flower is the best perfume I know and my most popular! I love sweet perfumes.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I tried this one at an Avon Store. It seemed a bit sharp and sort of stung my nose. Not for me. I noticed it was on the discount table so if you do like it I would go get more now .

817flowers
817flowers

This is one of Avon's best scents. This is just pretty flowers in a bottle. Love it so much. And it will last for hours. Of course, I think it has been discontinued. Just don't get it - that happens to the best scents.

pansylady
pansylady

Reminded me very much of Anais Anais- agree with barbiot35, it's a predominantly lily scent

avonfreak
avonfreak

It smells like it's name. Very pretty with excellent staying power. One of my favorites. Sad to hear avon is discontinuing it.

dannyt
dannyt

I personally don`t like this perfume,I bought it after reading this reviews and I hoped to be very different than it is. It just not suites me, on my skin has a very heavy floral scent, not sweet at all.

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

This is so-so. If you love very strong florals,this is for you. It lasts all day and it doesn't change it's composition,so what you smell at first whiff continues until you bathe. I like more woodsy notes mixed with my florals, so this is not quite for me.

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

On me this is quite green at the beginning, but then turns into a floral vanilla musk, which is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I've been looking for a non-foody, not too sweet vanilla perfume, and this might be it. The lasting power is decent - several hours at least - and I think it gets better as it goes.

I do agree with Weegee: I don't think this would be a perfume for a hot summer day.

lalala
lalala

smells like flowers!
quite lovely as it goes.

it lasts forever, although sometimes it can start to resemble a smell such as wee.

pegster
pegster

Absolutely love this perfume. Sweet lily scent released only after an hour of wearing and lingers the whole day. The fragrance can last for more than 24hours!

carol2b
carol2b

I love this perfume, it gets softer & smell better the longer you have it on. The femininely retro white Hobnail style bottle is just too Garbo!

weegee
weegee

Sweet lily & the incense blend of sandalwood perked up with musk and cashmere wood. Lots of lily. Lots and lots of lily. Sweet, sweet, cavity-sweet lily.

Could be a sister to Donna Karan's Gold. Flower is meant as a summer fragrance but the lily & freesia notes are going to be too cloying and heavy in high heat and high humidity. My best guess is that this one will shine in springtime, leading off with violet freshness then meandering off to the lily bed.

This might be the fragrance you reach for in deep winter to remind you that spring is just around the corner.

guest_ode
guest_ode

wow, from the first whiff I loved Flower by Cynthia Rowley. I think it is one of Avon's most memorable female perfumes and I can't see how anyone would describe it as grannish.

It is so exotic and multidimensional that it might not suit those with spartane tastes. At first I thought I smelt bergamont, but I realise it hits a different note everytime I use it. The bottle is unique and stylish so Flower is real value for your money. It certainly is not for little girls but something that a woman coming into her own can enjoy.

suzywoo
suzywoo

Lilies lilies lilies!!! & slightly powdery. Lilies are very attractive to look at, but can smell somewhat funereal. I don't wear this perfume, as it's too 'grannyish' but the bottle looks pretty in my bathroom.

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is to strong and it smells very manly and there's nothing childish to do with this fragrance

lucifera
lucifera

i got a change to try it bc i recieved a sample from it ( thanks aysu!) im hooked!!its a real summer perfume, suits me very well and i loove the lilly in it! very well done,lasting power is great, thumbs up for this unique one from avon!

HOPE007
HOPE007

Lots of carnation to my nose.. If you love carnation then this is your perfume, if not then you will most likely not like it. I like it, not my most favorite - but to me not bad either. It is not over powering when layered with the shower gel and body lotion either - fades nicely. On my skin it wears well.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

This perfume contradicts itself -
the fragrance is a pungent blast of flowers that seems to target middle-aged consumers, but it's flacon is adorable and looks like part of a little girls porcelain tea set.

guest_Anerice
guest_Anerice

Love it very much

Mals86
Mals86

I love green florals, and this one is very pretty. Lily-freesia, with green accents and faintly melony waterlily, are the main accords here, drying down to a soft (synthetic) sandalwood/Cashmeran base.

An excellent value for the money, and a beautiful bottle as well.

Silvery
Silvery

This one is just like a super-flowery miscellany. I can't detect any musky or vanilla notes, but lily and freesia notes are almost annoyingly dominant. Here's the evidence that a floral perfume could be surprisingly strong. I think it should be used at the beginning of spring... I had to wear it for some days to decide what to think of it, and now I like it, but I won't buy another bottle (the first thing I liked was the bottle :)). This one is not really me... Maybe it suits mature women better.

JenniferEllenA
JenniferEllenA

I really do not like this. I guess it's the freesia. Not sure but It smells a little dated to me. Alittle grannyish.

itastica
itastica

It's nice at first, but then it fades into a very strange smell. In fact, initially it smells like Daisy by Marc Jacobs, but I don't know how to describe the next smell.

dollladie
dollladie

Well, I just smelled this. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. It took me back, way back ... reminded me of a beautiful tin of dusting powder with a big luxurious fluff-puff. It made me feel pretty and settled. Nice. But, defnintely NOT for everyone.

essija
essija

I agree that this is unlike anything else I have smelled before. Lilly is so strong that It evokes a bottled version of fresh wild flowers. This is lovely, a friend wears it well I work with, so well I have ordered myself a bottle, will update after I rec. it. Who knows with my chemistry.. I thought at first it smelled like those big round puffy flowers that are usually blue or purple ?? Not good with flowers..lol.. whatever it is I like it. Pretty and it's different... I think it's pretty strong, I'm sure it lasts a long time as most Avon's do on me... Bottle is so adorable.. Must have it just that reason considering I'm getting it for a steal anyway...

F_A
F_A

For my nose and on my skin it is pure solifloral fresia scent:) Nice for spring or summer.

solocha
solocha

It is an intensive scent, of lilies but also some other flowers, possibly magnolia or something similar. The perfume is probably aimed at more mature women, as young girls nowadays would hardly wear a scent without some vanilla or fruits. It is also quite old-world fragrance, something that a grandma would like (without bad connotations), yet still lovely. It is very much like Unforgivable Black by Sean John, they are almost identical fragrances. The bottle is beautiful - princess-like and romantic.

Aysu
Aysu

soapy, flowery, musky.. I love this scent.. And it lasts very long. I detect lily, together with vanilla and musk, a creamy composition and smells different, stays very long and has nice sillage... You don't have to pay too much also.. The best part is lily note is not cucumber like Donna Karan Gold, it is sweet lily, mixed with vanilla and woods...

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

Feel sexy and confident....it lasts very long.

alina terec
alina terec

this fragrance smells exactly like imperial lilly(the pink one)this note is so strong represented that you can't smell anything else there, just lilly. sweet flowery for older women suitable.

sonrise
sonrise

I love this bottle, I also collect perfume for the bottles sometimes and Flower and petal have the cutest bottles

Stacey923
Stacey923

At first I thought it smelled nice, I smelled what I thought to be carnation and gardenia. Then suddenly it warmed on my skin and turned to the smell of vanilla (yuck!) and chemicals.
It may be nice as an air freshener or scented candle,but not something I want to wear on my skin and smell all day.
(I have 2 new 1.7 oz bottles still in box if anyone wants to trade.)

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Imagine a huge bouquet of flowers and someone has bottled all its best attributes - it's light, floral (not too green)and lush. Not a sweet scent; it's a teeny-tiny bit soapy at first. I love this lighthearted, fun and long lasting scent and always receive compliments when I wear it. Gorgeous!

amanda
amanda

its nice, a bit serius, not sweet enough for me, but i have the body lotion and i like it

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

Very Pretty! I love it. Very spring and femine, and the mother daughter theme is too sweet!

barbiot35
barbiot35

It's a pure lily scent.

guest_Avon Leader
guest_Avon Leader

MY NEW FAVORITE!! I absolutely love this perfume. It doesn't compare to anything else.