Designers » A » Woody Spicy « Groups

Herve Leger Homme Avon for men

Herve Leger Homme Avon for men
dislike

Herve Leger Femme and Herve Leger Homme are arriving on the market in autumn 2010, created in cooperation between Avon Products and Herve Leger.

Fragrance for men Herve Leger Homme is presented as a woody-spicy blend created of such notes as Indian ginger, Japanese yuzu, woody notes and amber in a base. You will be able to purchase it as 75 ml EDT.

Advertising campaign was made in Paris, Place Vendome. The nose behind this fragrance is Stephen Nilsen.

Ginger Yuzu

Woodsy Notes

Amber

Herve Leger Homme Fragrance Reviews

majid24
majid24

Herve Leger Homme is another good cologne from the House of AVON but unfortunately like the other avon fragrances, it has weak projection and longevity.
The opening of this cologne starts with mixture of Sandal wood and amber which turns into subtle spicy and woody fragrance in dry down.Though i like the opening better then the base notes...
It a classic and good wood/spice blend but not anything like Terre d'Hermès. Both are good in its own ways.

The longevity of this cologne is medicore. Sillage is very soft though. NOT for teenagers.

themattsky
themattsky

The best male fragrance Avon has ever produced!

pob75
pob75

I think this is very good for the price. Quite sweet and warm and spicy. Ginger is very clear and pleasing. There is a note like coconut that I don't like as much but it doesn't last.

It almost, but never quite, gets too sweet or floral smelling because the ginger and mild spiciness keep it crisper and more interesting. It gets an incense-like powdery quality late on.

The longevity (7+ hours) is as good as anything I've had in this price range, and projection is good especially early on.

I agree - it does have some qualities in common with Avon's Up To You for men, mainly the gingery notes, especially early on. Later on Up To You is greener and crisper. In the dry down this gets a powderiness that is similar to Avon's Black Suede.

It smells masculine but is not too heavy. Probably a Winter evening or casual fragrance.

Well worth a try, in my opinion.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Sorry, but whomever thinks this and "Terre d'Hermes" smells the same or even similar just hasn't got a clue. Either that or just an underdeveloped nose for fragrances and their various notes. IMO they don't smell alike, and is most definitely NOT a "copy and paste" of Terre d'Hermes as previously suggested by one of the guest reviewers below.
Just because "Herve Leger" has some Yuzu in it's top-notes which does admittedly have a somewhat "orange-y" quality to it as it is a citrus after all, and Td'H has got tons of orange in it. Plus both have some "woods" too (great, don't most men's frags !?) That is pretty much where the similarity ends. All in all they are very different frag's from one another, and to my nose certainly do not smell similar.
"Herve Leger Homme" is not the best frag I've ever smelled, far from it. But it is very pleasant and comforting and probably the best that Avon has ever released for men. And for the reasonable prices Avon charge it is certainly well worth it ! ~ For Avon well above average !

daliflora
daliflora

Herve Leger pour homme is a rather classic fragrance, and, as jaro said, 'really outstanding in the Avon production'. It smells real quality, which doesn't happen so often with this brand.

MetalMan
MetalMan

I think I will attempt my first review...I have worn this all day long, and yes, it lasts quite a while (6 to 8 hours on my skin), but it changes very little. It opens with a blast of warm, sweet booziness (I can only assume from the ginger and yuzu, but I swear there's some rum in there too!) and settles down to a soft, sweet wood. It smells as if there are some spices like cardamom and possibly nutmeg in it...the warm and sweet stuff! The scent lingers for hours without much change, but it does gradually pick up a stronger sense of amber! Review aside, this reminds me of a brown sugar and butter sauce...it's pleasant but nothing mind-blowing! Also, it's nothing like Terre d'Hermes! Overall I'd grant it a 7/10!

jaro
jaro

How on earth can some people compare Hervé Léger Homme to Terre d'Hermès? The latter is sharp, fresh & spicy, whereas HL Homme is soft, sensual and woody. The only comparison that could be made is with the original version of Rumeur, by Lanvin, dating from the 1920s, then considered as typically feminine, but quite masculine according to our current standards...
Hervé Léger Homme is really outstanding in the Avon production. Its sillage is long lasting, with intriguing hints of what could be best described as a 'powdery frangipane' (awkward as it sounds!). I love it!

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Love it. Some say it is a rip-off of Terre D' Hermes, fine with me.

Classy and not overpowering.

Warm.

denise4avon
denise4avon

I really love this fragrance. This is the first time I have promoted an Avon fragrance and I have shown it and sold it all over town. People are surprised at how lovely and modern it is. I think it is the best fragrance we have launched by leaps. It is light years ahead of our current line. I wear Homme sometimes I enjoy it that much. Watch out fella's if I smell this on you!

upnorthgal
upnorthgal

Smelled this from the catalog just now. Oh, that's NICE! Any man wearing this definitely has my attention. Cenkmami, well said. I concur. Smells very manly to me. Makes me want to get a decant to just sniff once in a while!

secretcrush
secretcrush

I smelled this today... I didnt really care 4 it too much.. . May be suitable for a gentleman in his fourties or fifties but certainly no younger... It has an "old world" kind of appeal found in a lot of drugstore aftershaves which to me equals "dad" or uncle"...

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Very quick transitioning. You have to keep up with this one to give it a proper review, because you could miss the action in the blink of an eye. Herve Leger starts out as the life of the party and soon mellows out to spicy woods faintly touched by ginger. Reminiscent of vintage aftershave throughout it's middle stages. In the end, creamy amber absorbed by warm woods makes this almost perfect. Smells like a smooth character, who doesn't need to ask to be taken seriously. The sillage is more surprising as the minutes evade me. I put the marker a notch above average. Looking for something to keep you warm at night? Experience Herve Leger Homme.

I agree that it smells very similar to Terre d'Hermes; however, I find Herve Leger Homme to be a bit bitter and not as concentrated nor spicy as Hermes. I didn't get much out of just this small dab on my wrist. It's still cedar'y, orangey, and not really spicy. I need to run a 2nd test to get to the bottom of it.

Lotofire
Lotofire

I just smelled this from the catalog...Finally avon came out with something good!!! smells wonderfull in a way reminds me of Jaipur by Boucheron...i hope it has some lasting power...

***

i need to edit this so im wearing it today...smells wonderful but as usual theres no projection in this avon fragrance, at the beggining smells very nice but it goes away very fast ive read that in france this appears as an eau de parfum...we need that here!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Herve Leger Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Herve Leger Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herve Leger Homme by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herve Leger Homme by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.