Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Mirada Avon for women

Mirada Avon for women
dislike

tropical

Mirada is an oriental - floral fragrance made from notes of mango berry, frangipani, exotic jungle orchid, amber and musk. Available as 50 ml EDT. Mirada was launched in 2010.

Musk Amber Frangipani Orchid Mango

Orchidea della Cina
Dark Angel

Mirada Fragrance Reviews

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

Tropical, exotic, sensual, sexy amber perfume

A Spanish language teacher who wears only Avon perfumes she buys from her Avon lady - and who's done it for years- who taught at the same school I teach, gifted me with this perfume.

She knows I like amber based fragrances and this is a gorgeous golden amber.

Like someone mentioned, this fragrance evokes a golden sunset over the horizon as seen from a beach or seashore.

On me this is a gold colored fragrance with amber overtones.

It has that sun tan lotion kind of scent but in a good way.

The first spritz is a delicious fruit scent of mango

Smells like mango juice!

As far as the florals, I smell orchids, tiare - listed in this scent with a note of frangipani - a white gardenia and a jasmine.

This is a beautiful floral scent with pronounced frangipani and orchid, both are exotic island flowers.

Frangipani or tiare is native to Tahiti and Hawaii where it's also known as plumeria. It's also a type of gardenia and so this can also smell like gardenia flowers if you're into them.

Orchids are South American South Asian South Pacific floral scents and here it's quite lovely.

The amber dry down is warm and a bit smoky.

This is a beautiful perfume.

After I wore it a couple of months ago I purchased it again and now wear it to the beach, to go sailing, and to the pools in resorts in vacation destinations my husband and I go to on our travels.

Totally a perfume to take with you to Brazil, Hawaii, Tahiti, the Caribbean islands.

Beautiful amber perfume!

Cocotea
Cocotea

This smelled like fresh juicy mangoes, amber and a little spicy. I loved it and went through about three bottles before they unceremoniously discontinued this darling. It lasted quite a long time on my skin and I never smelt anything else like it. After it was discontinued I tried to find another mango scent and went for Mango Temptation by Victoria Secret. Mango Temptation is not even close. Avon hear this: BRING THIS BACK!! PLEASE....

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Woooow, what is this and where is this available? I'm not a fan of musk or amber but this scent sounds intriguing...

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This smells like Madonna Truth or Dare Naked to me. I absolutely love it!Love the sweetness and the beauty of the drydown. I would certainly buy a backup bottle! Be advised, it does not last very long, but is still smells great. I also love the frangipani in this. I'm starting to like this flower as much as I love the gardenia!

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

Nice enough, but a little too sweet for me. This scent is better suited for a teenager.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I really like this fragrance. I got it last year when my Avon lady was still selling it. I guess they have since discontinued it. Avon seems to do that with some of the better fragrances. I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I get a touch of tobacco scent in this. It is sweet and I really like wearing it, but the whole time I keep noticing that undertone to it. I wish they hadn't discontined because once again it looks like future purchases of this will involve Ebay. and paying more than it was originally.

fragaddict
fragaddict

I was a new seller to avon when I got a sample of this. Before giving the sample a try, I read some of the reviews and was impressed by all the positive responses for this scent. What sold me on this was a woman who wore this during a breakup with her boyfriend. He apparently stopped by for a friendly visit, smelled this on her and they were back together soon after that. He loved this on her and decided to give her another chance. I thought this must be some powerful stuff. Mirada is sweet, tropical and lovely. It can be worn in hot or cold weather, and for an eau de toilette, this is a quality fragrance. Mirada has lasting power and projects pretty well. This shines best with the lotion and shower gel, but overall a pretty good and solid fragrance from avon. I was a bit sad that Avon decided to discontinue this and since I'm a seller I stocked up. This can still be found ciculating on ebay, so for those who like tropical, sweet orientals, give this a try. Mirada has the power to bring former lovers back together.

chix
chix

Warm cozy amber with creamy tropical mango & a touch of spice. Almost smells like a hint of pepper. Sillage is moderate & it lasts almost all day on me.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

Wow this is super sweet smelling with a big blast of in your face creamy mango at the top. It doesn't smell bad or cloying, but just a little too sweet for me. If you like sweet fruity for summer then you should try this one.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

nice fragrance! I find it strikingly similar to Halle, by Halle Berry, only a little bit more fruity, while Halle is more woody. I like it, it's a sweet amber that can be worn in summer.
Simce I guess it'll be discontinued, Mirada lovers could find a good substitute in Halle for about the same price.

CoriH
CoriH

I like it - I don't love it - I don't think that it has the level of nuances that would be required fro me to love it but I like it very much. I think that it is a very well thought out and created fragrance and I give Avon credit... Although I must say I am very annoyed at the fact that it is currently being phased out - what is with avon and these constant discontinuations... Anyway moving on... This scent is very sweet and tropical, I don't get that much of a floral display from this i do however get lots of mango and lots of amber a combination which I have grown to love, there is also a hint of muskiness gives it a level of maturity but overall I would more classify this as a Floral Fruity Gourmand as opposed to an oriental floral. Just my opinion. Anyway all in all it is a lovely warm and inviting fragrance and the price can't be beat. I definitely recommend it

I keep wondering how this would have smelled if they had added a hint of freshness and some coconut... Glorious... Anyway 8/10

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

This smelled great on paper but turned cloying on my skin - then disappeared. I ended up happily using my bottle as a room spray. At the price, it wasn't a waste at all and I got to smell the scent at its best - disbursed.

Very fruity scent with an amber and wood base. It's okay, but the sandalwood can get cloying on me and in the end it's more than I like. Not great on me but as others have noted, if you do like it, the price is certainly right.

This perfume is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! What a gem, what a beauty!! The notes sounded great, but the construction of this perfume is so polished! Wonderful Avon beauty! Gypsy perfumista gifted me an entire perfume set, what an incredible gift!
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH Gypsy!!!!!!!!

tfaye706
tfaye706

Ohh wow!!! had a chance to smell this as a sample ...rubbed it on my wrist and the scent just made me feel sooo sexy....sensual very gourmand smell but not sweet smelling. This one is a keeper it sooo reminds me of Guess Marciano so if you want a cheaper version than this is it... a good fall, winter perfume. What comes out of this is the mango peach tones drys down so sensuous I smelled this to the next day and washed my wrist once but the smell lingered so ever faintly. Guess Marciano goes for $50 and up but this sells for less than $10 on ebay great purchase and I really dont like avon perfumes.......blind buy but glad.....

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

If aquatic gourmand existed as a separate olfactive group - I wouldn't hesitate to add Mirada to it.
Orchid makes it feel slightly vanillic and rather mouth-watering while mango gives a refreshing, nearly aquatic feel to it.
I could swear I also sense the presence of peach or apricot but it might be the team-work of certain notes that gives that feel.
The dry down is definitely sensual and musky but I can still sense the presence of orchid and mango :-)
I am not sure why Mirada is not that well known, as it is a very well constructed fragrance with a great projection and decent lasting power.
The bottle is lovely.
The fragrance is finger licking good :-)

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I just got this one in the mail today....and wow!!! This smells soooo yummy!!! This is very sweet, but not sickly sweet. I find this scent sexy and yummy. I smell a lot of mango,amber,and musk. Lots of my favorite notes are found in this one! Yay!!! Not sure if it will be longlasting, as I have found with a lot of Avon fragrances they lack lasting power..but it sure smells good! For the price, I will just reapply often. I purchased a 0.5 oz to test it out, but I will be needing a 1.7 oz really soon. This one won't last a chance on my shelf ;-)

Mirada is the Spanish term for a "look", one that communicates more than the spoken word ever could. I like to call these types of glances "come hither stares", and this perfume is definitely the olfactive version of a non-verbal communication that translates into "I am passionate, I am spicy and I am sensual...and you intrigue me"!

Despite the listing of the notes in a linear fashion, Mirada has some development. A delicious opening of mangoes AND berries (because I have never heard of mango berries, unless they meant small unripe mangoes) makes my mouth water. There is a version of "dwarf mango" and also a purple mango that is cultivated in Israel, that is more tart than most. Here though, they are sweet and juicy with an almost spicy (like someone peppered them gently) aroma, at once fruity and warm. The heart flowers (which define the entire scent) are a lovely full-blooming orchid and frangipani, with its gorgeous balmy floral scent. This is not your typical "beach" balmy, but more of the warm evening breeze type. Imagine the sun is setting and through golden and orange clouds its beams fall languidly on your face as a warm breeze embraces you. It is that sensual! Amber, crumbly and dry but resinous and sweet, and a soft musk dominate the drydown making this, at once, sultry and inviting but not trashy, tacky or "cheap". Hints of woodiness (and just possibly a few drops of aged patchouli) surround this perfume and make it almost (but not quite) unisex. A gorgeous scent that gives "that look" without having to turn around, wear with care...as I can honestly say THIS will get you noticed!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: Impressive
Overall: 4/5

I am actually extremely impressed with this scent. It is sexy, warm and oriental...yet contains no vanilla, tonka or any other (typically) gourmand notes, but it DOES smells delicious. If you like sweeter scents that whisper (and wink) sexily, Mirada is a must have perfume. I myself will be getting a 15 ml purse spray soon, as I find it quite compelling and on my skin it is a wonderful, rich fruity, slightly heady floral with all the right notes in all the right places. It just goes to show that if you limit your options to what marketing dictates...you might just miss out on a real winner!

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

For what many people consider a "cheap" fragrance house, avon puts out a lot of little gems.

I hope this one becomes a classic as it's a true journey between the open-faced happy smile of the beginning to the "I'm finally alone and the house is clean" type amber.

I'm smelling two other perfumes at the same time and this has been the winner through every phase.

nena18sept
nena18sept

i love this scent, it's sooo warm, it it sweet too but not that heavy and the lasting power it's really good on me., 5-7 hrs..cheap but nice

gesch
gesch

The beginning is very strong with milk and mango. But that soon gives way to orchid-vanilla and a hint of the mango.

I agree that this is heavy with amber so you should really like that note! I'd call it a fruity-oriental in the best way and just ordered a replacement.

The staying power depends on weather - in the cold the scent is soon gone, it really needs warmth to develop nice and long.

As fragrance-"families" go, I'd say it's in the line of With Love by H.Duff. It doesn't have the spicyness but amber and mango (even if this is the usual mango and the other scent is mango-steen or a really green-mango) and is more creamy to me.

For those who can enjoy WITH LOVE should test this, though I have to admit the difference is small and you won't really need it if you have either one already.

That said: Great for Avon to introduce very nice and original scents in the last months!

A soft creamy gourmand with a heavy dose of amber. Very light and warm. Feels cozy.

karmas
karmas

I LOVE the smell of this one but it just doesnt last at all, but as someone pointed out, its so inexpensive that you can just reapply.It is very fruity but not cloyingly sweet as some others can be, I really love this for summer!

Wauw the notes of this one look delicious!!!
Wish I had this!!

millan
millan

This perfume smell like a fruity gourmand the mango scent is real strong and sweet very candyish. It smell real good but dos'nt last long. But for the price you can spray more often

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Mirada fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Mirada, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mirada by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mirada by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.