Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women

Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women
dislike

ozonic
Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women Pictures Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women Pictures Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women Pictures Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women Pictures Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women Pictures Petal by Cynthia Rowley Avon for women Pictures

Petal is a fragrance for girls, made as a pair to the recently introduced Flower perfume. These two fragrances are created for mother and daughter. Frank Voelkl and Richard Herpin are the noses behind Petal, which is full of flower essences. This innocent and green floral scent is bathed in notes of lily of the valley. The bottle has the same shape as the Flower perfume, made of glass; romantic, youthful and pink. It is available as 30 ml edt. It has been on the market since 2008.

Freesia Violet Leaf Lemon Lily-of-the-Valley

Inflorescence

Petal by Cynthia Rowley Fragrance Reviews

greenbluegray
greenbluegray

Liked this sweet gentle thing that I thought would remind me of Love's Baby Soft, but it is its own kind of innocent. Lasts about 10 seconds, but I would spray it on my towel or pajamas and enjoy it that way. Tiny supercute bottle, and it was cheap from Avon, something very different for them without the Avony note that almost all of their fragrances seem to have. Must have been the influence of Rowley. I loved the mom of this one, Flower, which like others here have said smells like a blooming Stargazer lily.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Awh I love this one, cute, quirky and unique basically describes this scent. It is beautiful and alternative it smells floral and ozonic, I love it however i smell some soft orangey creamy scent with this one that is not listed, I think the notes appear wrong. It is a treasure i think this perfume matches my inner child, it is an adorable innocent happy scent and men compliment me on it often.

P.s. this now goes on ebay for £30, it used to be about £8 in avon, it is definitely worth having. Love the feel and look of the bottle too, very adorable, i will always have this one in my collection.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I owned this one many years ago, along with it's companion "Flower". Petal is more of a green floral (Freesia/Lily of the Valley), as opposed to flower which is more of a white floral (Gardenia/Tuberose). Like flower, this one also lasts long on the skin, particularly in the summer months.

mommaozzy84
mommaozzy84

I just acquired this perfume today. I happened upon it in a second hand store, new, still in the box and everything. I decided that it wouldn't be a loss if I didn't like it, especially for the great price of $1.25 (although the man at the register was so nice he just gave it to me for nothing, since i frequent the shop!) I figured that if I didn't like it, I could always give it to one of my daughters or sell it. I had no clue that it was such a rare, discontinued perfume! When I got home, I gave it a sniff. I couldn't smell it from the bottle, because it had never even been sprayed, so I was really happy that it was totally untouched. I pumped it a few times until it sprayed, and I was very satisfied. It is such a sweet, inoffensive floral. I love how the touch of citrus tames the floral notes, and adds a fresh, fruity quality. It's not sharp or cloying in any way, and it will make a great spring scent. This may be meant for a young girl, but at 28 years old, i find this scent beautiful nonetheless. I'm glad that I have several other perfumes to use, so I can only use this one on occasion, since it is hard to come by, and expensive when you can find it, due to it's rarity. Amazing little find for me! :)

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I absolutely love this fragrance. Can anyone suggest a duplicae for it, or is it still in production? I have had mine since it first came out.

mrshopkins1973
mrshopkins1973

Lovely Spring Green Feminine those are the keywords. Smells like Lemon Blossoms and some kind of spice. Pacifica Nerola Orange Blossom is my most simalar to this, except that's obviously Orange Blossom. Found it for 6.99 at an indoor swap meet from a woman selling Avon products.

very sweet, but not in a sickening way. more fresh. i get a lot of citrus from this also. very sparkling and pleasent. very reasonably priced, but dosen't last long at all. i get at most 1/2 hr. so be prepared to do a lot of spraying.

truffles
truffles

I read adele's review below where she says this is a honeysuckle soliflore and I was sceptical - that would be too good to be true!
Although honeysuckle isn't listed as a note, adele, you're spot on!
Perhaps it's not identical to honeysuckle but it's near enough and I'm very pleasantly surprised by this, especially as it's an Avon one, whose modern frags I don't seem to be fond of.
I agree with Rainmood and others, this disappears very quick but I don't mind. It leaves a very subtle trace and the overall effect is light and natural.
In terms of both smell and bottle, Petal is really very charming!

sarage
sarage

I bought this for an 11-year old girl and she loves it.
The bottle is pretty, the scent is happy, girly. I love it, too. And it is affordable, or was.
This really is a perfect first perfume for a young girl.

I think this is a light floral, but it is not so pleasant. I had a sample but didn't even use it up.

Laura Dora
Laura Dora

YUCK!!!! I tried this on at my avon lady's place and it was so awful. It gave both my boyfriend and I a wicked headache in the truck on the way home and I had to try to scrub it off with a wet nap. It was an overpowering sweet floral scent and it smelled very cheap.

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: green notes, freesia
MIDDLE: lilyofthevalley, jasmine
BASE: white musk

krissycat
krissycat

Love this one. I loved this much better then cynthia Rowley Flower, and was surprised cause this one is supposed to be worn by a child. I'd much prefer to wear this over the Flower any day. Flower is WAY too flowery, Petal is nice and soft and sweet. I love it

adele l
adele l

A soft, pretty honeysuckle soliflore with vegetal undertones, suitable for those who don't like overpowering perfumes. Dewy and fresh; surprisingly natural smelling!

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

This is a very light scent that smells nice. I like it, hate that it's discontinued. This is something you'd wear when you don't want to be "heavily perfumed" say at the office, interview etc.

Kiku
Kiku

Poor little "Petal"! Like her mother, "Flower", she has already been discontinued by Avon. It's hard to see why. Although marketed to girls it's a great scent for anyone who likes a fresh, clean, young perfume. Opening notes are green, slightly sweet rather than sharp. The middle reminds me of honeysuckle and the bottom reminds me of just cut grass. This one is so reminiscent of a summer afternoon. The bottle is as pretty and innocent as can be. What was Avon thinking to discontinue it?!

lemonlavendergirl
lemonlavendergirl

i love this perfume! It smells so pretty and girly and thats what i think i am lol so i like it.

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

I don't have much to say about Petal, because it disappeared in less than an hour! (I time these things.) Darling Starling is right, it does smell like a nice shampoo or bubble bath, and then - poof! It's gone. I can see how it would be a cute gift for a little girl, though, and it's much nicer than a Barbie perfume or similar.

geegee
geegee

I quite like this perfume. Its extremely floral & sweet but not sickly sweet. It reminds me an awful lot of anna sui dream.

Its a pretty day time fragrance, nothing massively special but not unpleasant either.

As i have found with most avon perfumes this doesnt last very long on my skin & becomes hardly noticable with a couple of hours.

Rainmood
Rainmood

Very pleasant but vanishes instantly.

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

I just can't get over how adorable the bottle is, even if i'm unimpressed by the scent inside. To me this smells like a citrus laced version of Stila's Creme Bouquet, Floral, a bit powdery but then there is lemon and it just doesn't work (To my nose anyway). I would love to have a shampoo that smells just like this, or maybe a bubblebath that smells like this. I guess it's just right as a perfume in my opinion. I've never liked an Avon perfume though.... :( Oh and just to add something to help pre-sniffers relate, this smells like dish detergent.

essija
essija

This one did nothing for me, actually I only got a bit of alcohol out of it, very weak in my opinion. Flower was much better but too strong... they need to find a happy medium btwn the two...

glampi
glampi

I'm not a perfume snob. I love it. I have a hard time finding something that appeals to me. I don't usually like Avon's perfumes but this one's not too overpowering (as I am sensitive to those strong scents). Disappointed that Avon does not carry it anymore. Go figure.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Petal by Cynthia Rowley fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Petal by Cynthia Rowley, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Petal by Cynthia Rowley by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Petal by Cynthia Rowley by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.