Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Rare Diamonds Avon for women

Rare Diamonds Avon for women
dislike

Rare Diamonds is an extremely rich, romantic and brilliant perfume, worthy of its name. The layers of beauty and luxury that diamond carries are embodied in this oriental - floral composition, with the sparkling opening that leads to the sophisticated, sensual and creamy notes.

Top notes: plum blossom, guava, peony. Heart: gardenia, diamond orchid, Sambac jasmine. Base: cashmere wood, patchouli flower, creamy amber.

The bottle is designed like a jewel, luminous and pearly. The fragrance is available as 50 ml EDP.

Plum Blossom Guava Peony

Gucci by Gucci Eau de Toilette

Rare Diamonds Fragrance Reviews

xonkmc
xonkmc

I really wanted to like this, and was looking forward to the plum blossom and gardenia notes, but sadly, this scent does not work for my chemistry at all. On my skin, Rare Diamonds is an unpleasant patchouli-dominated beast. I've worn it twice (once on a hot day, and once on a cold day), and both times ended up with an awful headache after about an hour. This also makes the back of my throat tingle for the first couple of hours of wear.

Rare Diamonds opens with the scent of alcohol-sprayed guava, with a hint of peony in the background. On drydown, the patchouli and cashmere wood come to the forefront and pretty much stomp out the other notes. I can pick up on the jasmine and amber, but all other notes listed above, are completely undetectable to me.

-- Notes detected (in order of strength)
---- Initial - alcohol, guava, peony
---- Drydown - patchouli, cashmere wood, jasmine, amber
-- Longevity - Long lasting (6-9 hours)
-- Projection - Moderate
-- Season - Any
-- Safe for school/work? - Yes
-- Safe to blind-buy? No
-- Packaging - Cap is hard to remove. Bottle is okay, doesn't really standout.

* Willing to trade a 1.7 oz (50 ml) EDP purchased in Jan 2017 (barely used)

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

I liked this one, but it is not a standout. I think it really got lost in the cold weather. Despite what other reviewers say, I am going to put this one away until things warm up. I live in Manitoba, Canada and well, winter here is COLD. It's got such a light fresh smell it's almost aquatic. That being said, it's very easy wearing and suitable for the workplace.

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

Rare Diamonds is not the best of the Avon Jewel Collection and I've enjoyed the other - Rare Pearls Rare Rubies etc, and my daughter says it's a dead ringer for Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely. I have not worn Lovely so I wouldn't know. But this isn't bad as far as fruity florals go. Sweet guava, orchid, peony, and cashmere wood.

The first spritz is a fresh sea breeze, it's almost aquatic. Smells just like when you open a window and get some fresh air, cool, leisurely, like the kind of air you take a deep breath to inhale. It's got guava, plum, and dainty peony, orchid and a shy gardenia and jasmine. The fragrance is lightly textured and won't hit anyone on the nose, not even your nose. It's easy to wear and casual.

The bottle is so cute in fact I must admit that's why I bought it the first time around. I like the diamond shaped stopper. I have the smallest size bottles and have 4 of them. My daughter likes this scent on me but she wears Lovely and told me how similar they are. If this is true, I wonder whether or not it's a coincidence. This fragrance was released in the early 90's before Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely was released so that makes SJP Lovely the dupe for Avon Rare Diamonds.

This could have been better, I admit, but it's charming, sweet, almost like a guava scented tea drink. It's not making a statement, it's modest and sweet. It really matches with my personality right now. I'm not always going to wear a perfume that makes a bold statement just like I can't always wear a provocative or glamorous dress. This is a perfume that is tailor made for school teachers! It doesn't offend anyone's noses and can be enjoyed for a while. It has a short life and sillage isn't that great. It's a skin scent and doesn't have fuller projection or volume. If you like those timid kind of perfumes, check it out.

As for the diamond connection, it's not a diamond. It's an adorable pink rhinestone in the shape of a diamond that little girls wear as kid jewelry! But I like that!

ptilda
ptilda

When I smell perfumes like this, it makes me seriously question the negative press Avon has gotten on their fragrances. In fact, MOST Avon scents (other than a few body sprays and mists) have impressed me consistently and on at least the same level as many designer fragrances.

This is the older round bottle, and I purchased it from a vintage store.

What a stunningly beautiful perfume! The development of this fragrance makes me almost a lover of florals. If they were all this rich and deep, I would seek then out more often.

The cashmere wood in here fools my nose into thinking I smell musk, but there's a spicy bit that is different. I get a good amount of orchid, which contributes to the spicy sense I'm getting.

It wears similar to Narciso Rodriguez scents. NOT as a dupe, mind you, but with that same warm, feminine, sexiness.

This truly is a rare gem!

rougetnoir
rougetnoir

I tried this perfume from a sample that I was honored by my Avon Lady. I had not yet read the similarity with the famous perfume Narciso Rodriguez for her , which I own currently in version Musc edp intense , and that I had in the past in edt version, and that is one of my favorite scents.
well, Rare Diamonds from Avon smells just like NR for her edp!
it last hours. Although I'm curios for dupes, for NR in particular I had not yet found one the could convince me to buy it, but Rare Diamonds is an exception . at the beginning I can feel a strong alcohol presence , as in all Avon perfumes , but after 10 minutes the scent emerges in his personality , a delicious hint of musk and withe florals. elegant , discreet and persistent . a comfortable scent for every occasion . and the bottle ... it's fantastic !

nvenus
nvenus

In love with this bottle's design

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Avon began releasing the Rare set in 1995 with Rare Gold and continued to release 6 different flankers through 2015. Rare Diamonds was released in 2010, not earlier. Elizabeth Taylor released Passion in 1987 (her first), then White Diamonds in 1993 and her line has continued posthumously. There shouldn't be a comparison to ET's White Diamonds at all, these two perfumes don't resemble each other, note-wise or bottle similarity. Just because the word Diamonds is in the name isn't enough for me to confuse the two.
I enjoy the Rares and own all of them, starting with the vintage bottles. They are all different in their own unique way. Each is strong, with the exception of the newest, Rare Amethyst, launched in 2015. That might be because it caters to the current trends or the current market production processing. It's still a pleasant perfume tho.
Two sprays of the others and you're good for hours. DIamonds is sweet, not gourmand-sweet, but floral sweet. The jasmine and gardenia are strong florals here and warmed by woods and amber. Patchouli pops in lightly, it's a sweet patch, but it's there. The balance is good and this Rare is a classic along with its' family.
Great to wear in the winter and fall, cooler weather. Spritz lightly till you see how Rare Diamonds reacts with you. It most definitely can come on strong. It's certainly different in today's world of sweet and fruity compositions and will remind you of an older style fragrance that meant business.

Ferminadaza
Ferminadaza

This would have been such a nice perfume if they'd left out the guava. Minus the synthetic guava accord, I can catch small whiffs of a very pretty and refreshing floral. However the synthetic guava accord overpowers everything such that you wouldn't think of it as top note but more like a base note run amok.

Suddenly the flowers smell rotten and the overall effect is a musty armpit on a hot day. I have NR For Her EDT and I've sampled the EDP version of that perfume as well as SJP Lovely. I don't see the resemblance. Instead I would liken it to Guerlain's Idylle---same accord. They call it guava here and they call it something else in the notes for Idylle, but it's the same combination of aromachemicals.

I'm happy that I only paid around $2.99 for it.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I'm unable to comfortably wear Naciso Rodriguez, Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, or Beckham Signature Story, all of which I have, and all of them have some "note" that bothers me. I love musk, so it's likely not that note. When I read this was similar, I thought it would be another of scent I couldn't wear. I was wrong.

This is a softer, less in your face, almost watered down, version of any of the other three. I'm able to wear it, and I like it. It's somewhat like the dry down of the others, but without that "note" that makes me want to wash it off. Now, normally I would like the strongest version of a certain scent, because I'm all about projection and longevity, but not in this case. I actually get good longevity with this, and decent projection too, but without that note that so annoys me. Once in a while, Avon puts out a perfume that is really nice. This is one of them.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

A woman I work with wears this all the time. It's her signature scent. This is a cheaper version of Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely. Smells exactly the same. I asked her if she was wearing SJP Lovely and she said no Rare Diamonds. She had it in her handbag and let me smell it to test it out. She didn't mention it was by Avon. It's very soft in fact the softest fragrance I've ever come across. It's like guava scented water. There was a lot of water the aldehydes. There is also some peony and orchid but it's cheap synthetic orchid. Not my bag. Sara Jessica Parker would die if she found out this stuff smells like her fragrance which is one of the most beloved in the world of fragrances.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Two thing going through my mind wearing this:

Why did they call this Rare Diamonds? This was released around the same time as Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds which surpasses this fragrance on so many levels. Then I found out Avon released "jewel fragrances" like Rare Sapphires Rare Pearls Rare Rubies and Rare Gold at the same time Liz Taylor released her Fragrant Jewel Collection like Diamonds and Sapphires. It's like Avon was doing their version of Liz Taylor perfumes LOL Secondly I'm wondering why they call this an eau de parfum when it wears more like an eau de toilette. This was very diluted and more of an after-shower skin freshner. It's not bad, I'm not complaining but it's not real perfume to me. I could smell the guava, which was what I was looking for, since guava scents are hard to find in fragrances. It's not very fruity. It's a light guava which is actually dipped in alcohol. The aldehyde are quite strong. Avon frags have a ton of alcohol content. Could smell the orchid flower, it never got too exotic, but it was nice. The cashmere wood is rather soft and bland. The strongest base note is the patchouli, although it's also a faint patchouli, noticeable and in the distance. I would call this more of a fruity floral fragrance (guava plus orchid). Nothing to rave about, but not bad either. PS, Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely smells the same as Avon Rare Diamonds LOL

The_Entity
The_Entity

It was ok, could detect the cashmere, reminded me of SJP Lovely, so was quite bland

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

Reading the reviews I can't help but wonder whether Avon makes different perfumes for different countries. Rare Diamonds I have (bought in Croatia) has nothing to do with any comment below.
It is poor, weak, fragrance-less with zero silage and longevity. It is most certainly the worst fragrance I have ever smelled, including the cheapest ones. Smells like water with a little bit of soap. Not just on my skin, but from bottle, sprayed paper... Nothing. (smells like N.R.? not even close)
I am happy for people who liked it tho.

fyrewoman
fyrewoman

I can't believe how much this smells like Narciso Rodriguez edt! I have a 5oz bottle of NR edt and Rare Diamonds is so similar. Yes,i can tell the difference but today i forgot which one i had sprayed early this morning for a minute.

I'll take this in my bag to carry around and i don't have to worry about being to disappointed if it breaks or gets lost opposed to NR edt. I highly recommend Rare Diamonds for anyone that is on a budget and loves Nr edt.

I found my bottle for $1 at a garage sale. Online the 1.7oz bottles of Rare Pearls go for $9-$15! Great perfume for that price. It lasts more than 8 hours on me. My bf complimented me on this but not my other NR perfumes so he likes this more. Personally,i prefer NR because it is richer in musk & vetiver. But for the price,this perfume is well worth having.
P.S: This is not like Lovely or NR edp (pink bottle). It is more the Nr edt black bottle.

TJerria
TJerria

Very impressive. I would say this fragrance is more Floral Fruity. I bought this one to add to my collection of the AVON Rare parfums. It's nice and I can definitely see myself wearing this often.

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Pleasant and inoffensive.

Like a diluted version of Rare Pearls (which is no bad thing).

marsiesmoon
marsiesmoon

I sprayed this on today, as my bottle is a few years old and thought I should "check on it." Gosh, I am loving this right now! So pretty, fresh and clean with a beautiful softness to it. I feel the top notes seem to last and last on me. The scent really lingers when sprayed on my clothing. So so pretty. I used to spray lightly on my clothing before ironing for that freshly laundered feel. I think I will start doing that again, I love the dreamy cosy feel of this fragrance.

themattsky
themattsky

A beautiful fragrance.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Another gardenia/magnolia dominant scent from avon. Its not offensive and it is blended well. The silage is ridiculously poor, if only it gave off a little more radiation this one would be decent for the mature, formal woman who likes her cashmeres and her tweed and her simple yet elegant gold jewellery. But for me it is too weak and unfortunately too safe and lacking originality. I gave it to my mother and she seems to love it. She likes the safe option type of scent and this is definitely that kind. Its the type of scent you don't remember for being bad, but you don't remember it for being good either, its kind of just there.

hallo.aishwarya
hallo.aishwarya

Fresh , clean scent hits you like a breath of fresh air.
Very refreshing.
It's sweet without being cloying.
Just a spray will instantly get your spirits up.

Niya
Niya

Stunning. Ironically one of my most expensive-smelling perfume..

heather62
heather62

I wanted to like this, as it had been compared to Lovely, which I totally love. But there is something weird in this that doesn't totally agree with me.

It's okay but I probably would not buy it again.

Update: got psyched to try this again after reading reviews. Yuck. It does not smell good on me at all. Will have to find someone to gift this to so I will stop trying to wear this.

emi
emi

Copy of Narciso Rodriguez edt.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

I have noted that Amber, musk, Gardenia, jasmine and guava are notes that I really tend to enjoy in a fragrance. This perfumes reminds me a little of the JLO love and Glamour. It love the fragrances that have guava notes. I feel like they give perfumes a very interesting twist. I think that this is a great perfume at a GREAT PRICE!!!!!

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I really like this, it starts a little soapy but then develops into creamy gardenia and blossoms with hints of wood. I also get lots of sweet, musky guava and plum. The longevity is quite good, it lasted on me for almost a whole day... so I'll be looking out for a full size bottle :)

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

Very soft and clean:) I love the bottle design and the notes are wonderful!

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

Sometimes I forget just how lovely this fragrance is.

Rare Diamonds is a perfect name for this, it is bright and sparkley while giving off a cool sophisticated vibe.

For me this is best suited for fall and early spring days. This is office safe when you use a light hand.

I wore this today as I had some business to attend to and didn't want to come off as anything but professional.

The weather has turned cooler and damp which just made this shine for me - it did the trick, I felt confident and poised.

I like everything about it, so well blended you would think it was high end instead of faithful Avon. I get all the notes pretty much as listed, it lasts most of the day on my skin, and all day plus on clothes. I use the lotion and powder as well and layer one or two sprays on my skin under my clothes and one on my clothes or into the air and walk through.

Florals are up front and last all day esp Gardenia, Plum Blossom and Orchid. I get more peony than jasmine both are light. The guava is sweet and fresh and blends so well with the patcouli that it is hard to separate the notes. The woods are blended with a hint of amber to warm and soften this enough to keep it from being cold or sharp.

Rachellawrence
Rachellawrence

I have both the uk one and the USA one. Bottles are different the uk doesn't have the diamond imprint and is more pinky coloured where as the USA one is a lot better quality. They smell the same though. I love perfume bottles so am fussy lol!

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

This is strong, familiar, and well formulated. There's a nice fruity musk in the drydown, but gardenia dominates throughout, which puts me off.

Not for me, but I'd recommend Rare Pearls to anyone who enjoys mature (not old), floral-fruity scents.

Rare Diamonds is soft, pretty and sweet without being cloying. I'd say this fragrance could make a younger lady feel "womanly" without any concern for it being too mature.
Perhaps it's the guava + gardenia, but Rare Diamonds reminds me of a less fruity/tropical version of Brasil Dream by Estee Lauder.
I wouldn't say Rare Diamonds is an Avon classic, but when you can get a .5 oz purse spray for $5 or a full bottle for $10 it's certainly one worth giving a try. Especially for those who like soft, feminine floral scents or if you're seeking a gardenia that isn't overpowering.

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

Really enjoying wearing this one at the moment, Rare Diamonds is a decent bold floral (without being overbearing). It ever so slightly reminds of my beloved EL Pleasures. Also I would consider this to be a good transitional perfume from day to night. It's feminine and mature without being a 'granny scent' in fact I would say this is a good all rounder for lovers of fresh floral perfumes!

karebear0099
karebear0099

I really underestimated this fragrance at first. I like it a LOT now! It is a sophisticated fragrance at a great price. I do smell the patchouli note and it is also fruity and a bit floral or musky. I am never good at picking out individual notes. All I can say is that is smells really great, I do not know why I did not realize it at first!

bre.emry
bre.emry

I have this in the body mist. Even though I don't wear it often I do enjoy the scent. It's like fresh, a bit musky, citrusy/fruity, floral(gardenia?), clean.Still learnin' to describe people, give me so time. lol c:

Princess
Princess

Beautiful fragrance! i was sniffing my arms all day and i new that it reminded me of something, and i finally got it! lovely by sjp! well not the top notes, when they fades then you smell it. Its like SPJ Lovely but with a plum note :)

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

nice,fresh aqua floral not spectacular, but, it's good for my all-purpose collection.

pansylady
pansylady

Fruitcholi for adults! Plum heavily laced with patchouli-

auras
auras

Not bad, but nothing to write home about. Just another nice floral for me.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I just smelled a sample of this and I am so happy! Will be getting my order in soon!
This smell makes me happy when I spray it. It is so unique to me and I feel fresh and feminine. I can see where people would think this is a more mature scent. I love wearing it to work because it is not loud, yet still very attractive. Loves it!!!

VintagePro
VintagePro

Avon has the 4-piece layering set on sale for $14.99 right now. After reading so many glowing reviews, I think I'll pick it up!

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is a nice fragrance. As soon as it is applied to my skin it is strong with patchouli, gardenia, guava, jasmine, and cashmere wood. This scent starts out strong so be careful not to use too much at once right before you make an entrance.
This does soften a bit with the drydown into a much mellower woody incense perfume. I like Avon perfumes, but they are not quite as sophisticated as the more expensive name brands.
They are nice for the price.
Sillage is quite good with this scent.

55islandgirl
55islandgirl

It smells fresh and clean. A bit soapy. I love it for an inexpensive scent!

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I have all 3 of the "rares". I just can't tolerate this one. There is something about Rare Diamonds that is harsh, abrasive and synthetic on my skin.

I was surprised this one reeks so much. RG and RP are exceptional scents that smell so rich and luxurious on me. I guess my skin chemistry said NO ! to this one.

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

I bought this at a great sale price. Never smelled it before now. It is a pretty strong scent. I like the scent a little better once it fades. It is just ok ,I don't dislike it, but it just doesn't have the WOW factor for me.

beatlesgirl
beatlesgirl

pretty good

Oh Avon really does the trick with the 'Rare..' fragrance line and the GORGEOUS 'Today x,y,z, line..'.
FANTASTIC!

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

I'm just not a "cashmere wood, patchouli flower, creamy amber" kind of gal. I'm learning that - on my skin, with my nose - I need to stay away from the oriental-woody fragrances. I was so looking forward to experiencing the "plum blossom, guava, peony, gardenia, diamond orchid, Sambac jasmine" notes. Unfortunately for me, all I can smell (after only 1 spritz into the air and walking into it!) are the base notes. Then, I started sneezing. I actually went and took a shower to wash it all off. It was just an awful experience for me. If anyone is interested in a full 5 oz body mist and 10 pk. sample towelettes, please message me by 19 Oct. 11 or it's going in the give-away box for pick up. I wish a better experience for you than it was for me ;-)

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

non indolic white flowers.
sweet and feminine but not girly or trivial.
fruity but not sickeningly "pink".
a good solid choice for any occasion.

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

This is such a lovely fragrance. It is a subtle floral scent that has some sparkle right under the surface. It could be a summer or winter perfume...day or night. It is pretty linear, but at Avon's prices, a nice perfume!

But, I put it on at 7:30 a.m. and by noon I can't smell it all...even layered the scent with the body cream. If Rare Diamonds had some sillage to it, it could be one of my favorite fragrances.

I also like Rare Gold.

This is one of my favorites from the Rare line, along with Rare Rubies. (The two are completely different). This is a fresh floral without being sharp. Love the combination of orchid and plum blossom.

biancaloren
biancaloren

loved it hard when I first sampled it bought the whole line when it was introduced, then it got too much - reminds me of calvin klein - too fresh too....up there, I gave it away.

AmberLove you were sooo right!! I just received this gem as a gift by Icekat!! This lady is soo extremely generous to offer me this as a gift JUST LIKE THAT!!
It is a very well blended floral, just like all the other Rare ... by Avon's are super well blended.
It is indeed rich, a bit creamy but mostly a very heady floral!!
Like I love them the most, heavy and uncompromising!!
THANK YOU ICEKAT!!

AmberLove
AmberLove

Action it is lovely!!!
I received it today after buying it unsniffed. I have no regrets at all.
Upon fist spritz it instantly reminded me of something I smelled before and liked very much, but could not put my finger on...Then suddenly I knew it!
This is very very similar to Gucci by Gucci, which I have tested several times before. On my skin it is identical to Gucci by Gucci. It must be also because of the guava note.
I must say that this smells more lush and less muskier. It is a lovely composition. The guava note is very prominent in the top, floral notes are nicely blended with the amber and woods.
Its longlasting but does not have an ultra sillage...but it is definately worth having in your collection.
Good quality scent from Avon! Love it!

I do not have this one but looking at the notes it is a creamy floral fruity? I would LOVE to have it!!

HOPE007
HOPE007

This is an ok fragrance, not my favorite out of the "rare" line - though not bad. This has a striking resemblance To Curve Vintage Soul by Liz Claiborne which has been out for a very long time & I already own (well, my 6 year old daughter actually uses, just around the house & adores it, not so much me - hahaha)... The bottle is extremely pretty & it lasts while wearing it & is a great value overall.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

RARE DIAMONDS is mostly jasmine and gardenia on my skin.

The first burst brings fresh and tender peony and plum blossom but almost immediately it is sweetened by the note of a ripe guava. The scent continues to develop towards strong and heady notes of jasmine and gardenia. At this stage the scent appears a bit intoxicating. Then the orchid shyly appears. The scent goes a bit soapy. The dry down is barely noticeable wood notes.

If I use small doze then I can barely smell it. If I use medium doze, I find it strong, heady and at times intoxicating. The longevity is about 5 hours. You have to like jasmine-gardenia duo as well as being able to tolerate guava in the opening to like this. The combination is not unique or rare but it is pleasant if you have the skin chemistry to pull it off. I think this is a bit too much for casual wear. However, this could be worn in a day or night time for dressy occasions.

youriko
youriko

I love Rare Pearls , Rare Gold and I love Rare Rubies so I was convince I would love Rare Diamonds but no I could not love the strong smell and I'm not afraid of strong smell it's just that my nose do not appreciated sooo sad.

guest_elite
guest_elite

i love this perfume ;) so mild and floral scent.

millan
millan

I love it , It is long lasting & a beautiful fragrance. This and Rare gols are my favorite from the rare collection

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Rare Diamonds fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Rare Diamonds, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rare Diamonds by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rare Diamonds by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.