Designers » A » Floral Green « Groups

Simple Elements Meadow Dew Avon for women

Simple Elements Meadow Dew Avon for women
dislike

ozonic

Simple Elements Meadow Dew by Avon is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Top notes are water notes, cucumber and ivy; middle notes are water hyacinth and sweet pea; base notes are teak wood and white musk.

Water Notes Cucumber Ivy

Blue Rush for Her

Simple Elements Meadow Dew Fragrance Reviews

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I can't tell if I like this or not because it disappears in seconds, leaving behind a synthetic smell reminiscent of plastic. I think I got a bad bottle, can sometimes happen when buying online. Going by the notes and reviews I think it's something I'd really like if I could only smell it! I was expecting it to be light and without much longevity, but was not expecting to smell nothing but a plastic bottle - am considering buying another bottle, but obviously from a different source!

kasks
kasks

Summers are brutal in India and I reached out for meadow dew to help me get through a day of work plus long travel.
Meadow dew opens with a blast of alcohol, but soon settles down to an unmistakable smell of ivy, with a hint of cucumber, which on my skin did a disappearing act quite soon. The carpet of ivy lasts for a while but then gives way to soft florals. Unfortunately on my skin, the fragrance was extremely light after this, though my scarf emitted a delicious aroma of soft fresh florals, almost icy florals. The flowers faded to a mild sweet wood scent and lo behold! I could smell cucumber again.
What is absolutely lovely about this perfume is how the aquatic notes accompany the perfume from beginning to end.
Each note I have listed, except for the ivy in the beginning is accompanied by a water note, which is responsible for the perfume's freshness and which lends I suppose a wonderful cool note to the florals and the wood.
Unfortunately, it didn't last too long on me, though my mother said that longevity wasn't too bad on her. Don't expect any sillage. To get a whiff of this, someone would have to sit pretty close to you. I re-applied twice in a span of 8 hours. Apart from this, I would have to say that this is a delight. You won't find this bothering anyone even in closed spaces and it made me happy today for sure!

polkadot27
polkadot27

finally, a fragrance that is similar to the amazing blue rush for women. I smell pears and cucumber and salty sea water. It is fresh, clean and aquatic. Im in love!

dhimal
dhimal

My gf uses this.now that she is miles away, this perfume is the closest thing I have of her.it keeps me going and believing that she is there in every bit of its aroma... This is the way of the world...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Springtime greenery is the first thing that comes to my mind when sniffing this. Tinge of floral notes somewhere in there too. Dries down to very pleasant soft fresh floral.
Light day wear scent. Great choice for warmer weather.

mystica
mystica

Where I live is extremely hot in summers, sometimes I can swear that a rehearsal of hell is taking place here. So, all I can think of after stepping out of the shower to a pre-cooled room is to cover myself with mentholated body lotion.. only then, if I really need to smell something more, I spritz this simple edt.

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

I agree that it smells like a sweet cucumber.
I would actually recommend it for a guy, though.
I am making my husband wear it instead of me, because I like how it smells on him, but whenever I spray it on myself, I feel like scratching it off (not ferociously, just halfheartedly).
I would say that the notes mentioned, though, (ivy, water hyacinth, and teakwood) i could still imagine in there. but since i don't go right up and smell those things, i can't say for sure. but i could picture it happening here in this bottle.

so...sure, go for it.

gomt
gomt

Simple, light and refreshing. It was a must have in my purse the last two summers. Sillage is alright, longevity is poor - but given the low price, I reapply freely.

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

If you're looking for a fragrance with no musky, heavy, cloying notes, this is a good one. Crisp, green, slightly floral - it's what you'd think of when first stepping out of the shower. Doesn't last long, and what a pity Avon made it into a splash and not a spritz. I hate that - the thought of so much being wasted and washed down the drain when I rinse my hands off from applying. If you can find a good deal on it though, I'd suggest you try it if you are like me and shy away from the heavier fragrances.

lara0905
lara0905

It's simple, green fresh scent.Not overpowering, perfect for daily use.

sophisticated

ok, i can't resist writing about Simple Elements Crisp Forest and i don't understand why it's not listed :( this is supposed to be for men but i buy it for me, it's woody, green, fresh and much more wonderful than Meadow Dew which i love as well... Crisp Forest should be unisex not a male EDT; for those who appreciate green, woody, chypre notes... these kind of notes; then you will surely fall for the Crisp Forest one ^^

facane
facane

This one I like the most of simple trilogy (yellow, blue and green)

sophisticated

this is so green, fresh and just lovely; but it doesn't disappear minutes after i spray it, it has quite a convincing longevity -lasts for hours actually; i just love the fresh greenness in this one

geerisha2010
geerisha2010

Just bought it based on reviews here...really nice perfume...gives the feeling of freshness and feels really comfortable...

kerini
kerini

Perfect for summer, a simple yet special composition of fresh and vibrant notes.

It starts out with cucumber and ivy. Yum!
I was a little scared of the heart but the water hyacinth turned out really nice. Intense and sparkling but not over the top.
The scent dries down to an easy and comfortable teak wood base.
It lasts up to 8 hours. (I'm reviewing the European EDT version that appears to be way stronger than the US body splash.)

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: grass, cucumber blossom, ivy
MIDDLE: waterhyacinth, sweet pea
BASE: musk, teak

Avon released this in the States as a 150 ml body splash, but overseas as a 50 ml EDT spray. I can never figure out what this company's marketing department is thinking...

Of the three (womens) Simple Elements, (there was a mens scent: Crisp Forest, released in the EU but not here, unfortunately!) I liked this one the best, followed by Warm Sunshine and then finally Perfect Cotton. As I tried to replace YR Ode a la Joie with Warm Sunshine (as if!); I attempted to fill the void in my perfumed heart for Ode a la Vie with this...

A simple and very unassuming scent this is more of an olfactory accent to ones skin that an actual perfume, perhaps due to the weakness of the concentration of perfumed oils in a splash (it is labelled-in very small letters-as an EDT Splash, but is more like body spray or an evanescent EDC). The green sheer scent of ivy is readily apparent on first applying it to the skin. Putting it on like this, made me think of the old Jean Nate commercials...LOL. The alcohol is there in abundance, but evaporates quickly; leaving only a hint of greens and a lovely soft watery floral scent behind. The drydown of teak is not strong (like the smell of fresh teakwood or vintage furniture), it is more like you are actually around living trees. Vaguely woody with a fresh tantalizing scent. This lives up to its name. Green meadows, morning dew covered blossoms, new green tendrils and a refreshing woodiness.

Sillage: close
Longevity: okay
Overall: 3.75/5

This is no Ode a la Vie, but it is what it is. Very nice and very springlike and airy. Now that I have a bottle of Ode a la Vie, I will be passing this green wonder on to someone who just might love it more than I do. I did at first really love it, but wearing this is like eating iceberg lettuce when you really wanted arugula or romaine, similar but not the same. I will stick with the Ode a la Vie...

seme

good smell

suraya
suraya

bought yesterday.
smells fresh & bit like bubblegum.
just fine for me :)
cos it's not overpowering

alphala
alphala

This is a really simple fragrance. It's green and fresh, perfect to refresh in summer. It's more a body mist, beacuse it does not last long. Very appleish

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Simple Elements Meadow Dew fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Simple Elements Meadow Dew, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Simple Elements Meadow Dew by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Simple Elements Meadow Dew by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.