Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Spotlight Avon for women
dislike

Spotlight Avon for women Videos
Spotlight Avon for women Pictures

Avon chose Courtney Cox for face of their fragrance Spotlight which arrived on the market in April 2009. Cox says she is very happy to cooperate with the house she has known for her entire life.

Perfume Spotlight was created in cooperation with Jean-Marc Chaillan (IFF)and it opens with luminous silver, mandarin and Italian bergamot. A heart incorporates white freesia, tuberose absolute and mimosa blossom, while a base includes cashmere, sandalwood, vetiver and white vanilla-musk. The fragrance is available as 50ml edt.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Freesia Mimosa Tuberose

Sandalwood White Musk Vanilla Cashmere Wood

Crystal Aura
J`adore Eau de Toilette

Spotlight Fragrance Reviews

nataliya.georgieva
nataliya.georgieva

Citrusy, aquatic, clean, bright, fresh, transparent, elegant, pure, unisex. Stays very close to the skin. Perfect for Spring, Summer, for sport activity or just casual day wear. Almost no trail. Very good EDT.

emi
emi

Citrusy, fresh, metallic, clean, white-floral, aquatic, not sweet, elegant.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Perfectly safe for a gift - I don't think anyone would hate this or even mind this - it's so citrussy, delicate and ephemeral that it's gone after minutes.

nurul01
nurul01

I love the smell, but it has a very weak longivity. My husband not really like it, but I think it is very refreshing and enlightened my mood. Would love to buy again.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Nice bottle for display. It seemed promising as a sparkly fume but it is all citrus. Fresh but unremarkable. Not very well advertised or promoted by Courteney Cox. I think it showed up in two or three brochures then it disappeared. To use up the bottle, I left it in our main bathroom as a room freshener. Took a couple years to finish as no one really looked forward to the scent. Received no compliments or comments.

One spray on me,
Sillage: 6 inches for 30 minutes then skin scent
Longevity: about 2 hours

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I remember this perfume as bright, citrus, and spicy. I don't remember it having a nice warm base. No vanilla, no musk, nothing. I didn't smell any florals either. To me it was straight citrus. I didn't like it at all and I gave my bottle away.

AgnieseLegrand
AgnieseLegrand

This is a very pleasent scent.Fresh,light but elegant and sophisticaded.Very cozy.Citrusy with blend of flowers and cristal depth.I really like it, but the lasting power is a disaster.It stays like the body mist,shame:(.

Rodha

pleasant smelling perfume... not very long lasting.. funny though it gives me headache during summer.. but i love to wear it during winter.. :)

amy1983
amy1983

This is a soft citrus. There is something else underneath it,warming it. A light,suedey vanilla,perhaps? The citrus is so soft,so subdued,even if you don't like citrus,you might still like this.
I love the faceted bottle. It makes it look more expensive than it really is. When you look at it from a certain angle,it's got twice as many diamonds. I feel like I am surrounded by soft diamonds. So yes,I could feel like I'm in the spotlight with this.

bad_flo
bad_flo

soooo love it!!!!! delicate and floral with a citrus twist. just love it .

clairewingate
clairewingate

Nice & fresh but poor staying power. Got bored of it very quickly so won't be ordering again

Rodha

like this scent.. but lasting power is not too great.. :(

peonia555
peonia555

I'm not crazy about this scent. On me it smells very citrusy and not feminine at all. It reminds me of CK One (which I also don't like). It's a fragrance for young people, it's fresh and summery.

Lumiere
Lumiere

My mum received it as a present-I was surprised on how lovely and fresh this scent is-doesn't smell cheap at all.Very nice refreshing everyday splash.

allpur
allpur

I've been using this fragrance for over a year alternating it with other fragrances that i have. This is, to me, a good example of a well blended citrus-floral (white floral) fragrance. Though, i must say that it leans a little bit more towards floral. It is bright and moderately sparkling and it lasts for some good hours too, particularly on clothes. Also slightly sensual due to the presence of vanilla at the base. The comments given by other reviewers are so mixed - either love it or hate it. But i just love it.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

Not good.It´s too delicate. Not long lasting at all.

capitu
capitu

Don't like the lasting, and the structure/notes are very common. It's note a outstanding or unforgettable fragrance, and smells to me like there's less frgrance and more water/alchool that it should. I mean, the fragrance is very diluted, don't smells like a EDT. Just for a day-by-day using.

pureauburn
pureauburn

this one is crisp with top notes of citruses... but also mellows to a powdery warm glow - I think that is the mimosa and musk in it...its a "steel & icy" feel fragrance to me however...

janmcm
janmcm

I got a sample of this and liked it, unfortunately it hasn't appeared in this years brochures so far so it doesn't look like I'll be getting it. Don't understand why they sold me samples of something that wasn't available.

Liina
Liina

Nothing in Spotlight reminds me of the actual spotlight. When I smell it on my wrist a picture of a warm day on a green field where the sun is shining and the sky is blue comes to my mind.
It's fresh and only lightly sweet perfume suitable for spring and summer.
It does remind Crystal Aura by Avon as someone already mentioned. As much as I loved Crystal Aura I couldn't replace it with this one because there is something metallic in it that I don't fancy.
A sample that I have of Spotlight says that the top notes are bergamot and bracing breeze.

hapa
hapa

How does a fragrance open with "luminous silver"? There is a coolness to this fragrance, which might be considered metallic. Sorry, rant over but sometimes the descriptions of fragrances make me shake my head.

There is a very subtle citrus opening to this, which is smooth and not tart or sour. This sets the groundwork for the gentle, soft floral that is more flower garden than cheap air freshner. Very quietly this settles into a clean, vanilla musk with just the slightest vein of vetiver running through it. It is clean without soap and is watery without being aquatic. For a nice, subtle and uncontroversial day fragrance this is a strong contender. As much as I hate to say it does sparkle and is illuminating but in a very subtle and understated way. Do yourself a favour and pick this up if you get the chance. You'll be pleasantly surprised! I know I was.

This is the third gem in a row from Avon and it looks like it's on its way to being discontinued! I got the edt, body spray and shimmer body gel for 12 euro.

geekweevil
geekweevil

I'd ordered another perfume from Avon and they must have run out so I ended up with this instead. After ignoring it in a hissy fit for a while, I tried it out and had a surprise. I actually rather like it, soft, pretty and floral, plus it ends up musky and that made me happy.

Also I like the sparkly bottle.

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: bergamot
MIDDLE: freesia, mimose
BASE: vanilla musk, sandalwood

Scarletvixenj
Scarletvixenj

I have it and like it. Nothing super spectacular in my opinion though. It is a nice everyday or office scent. Light and fresh.

guest_Sarai
guest_Sarai

I LOVE IT :) It smells so amazing...

moonwalker
moonwalker

I can imagine wearing this on really, really hot days. On me it is vey citrusy and airy. I think I can detect a bit of Perceive by Avon. As the time goes, the scent feels better and better blended. Too bad, that it lasts just only about two hours. I guess I would have to reapply a lot.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Like it! It is long-lasting and smells sexy on me.

Spotlight doesn't open with citrus like I expect. Instead, the floral freshness make the statement first. Tuberose is definitely strongest for me and followed by mimosa. Citrus accord try to shine thru but not very successful. I also get this shimmering/metallic watery feel which I don't care for. The base is the most likable stage for me. It's just a nice and smooth vanilla musk that stays close and is quite pleasing. At the end, I give it away to my dear friend who wants something inoffensive for everyday use but different from many fruity floral fragrances that she has.

adele l
adele l

This is very different from the usual- very clean and icy, bracing scent. I like it but test first.

guest_ornutcha
guest_ornutcha

I like this scent.

vetiver
vetiver

I get a lot of citruses in this perfume, i find it "ok" for work, but never for a date or an important event. It is cute but not sexy.

mnesli
mnesli

long lasting parfume dear madame... i use.

Hejjdy
Hejjdy

I like this scent. But could anybody tell me how long it lasts ?!

Sissi
Sissi

Sparkle Judy sparkle as her white Sequined dress Sparkled though the glare of the white Spotlight tap Dancing a Cole Porter tune with painted
cardboard cutouts of the Big city.
behind her. gives me this vibe.
this crisp as a flawless white diamond
Scent of Bergamot and sharp Vetiver
will sure make this a winner!.

Diegof7
Diegof7

As notas de sáida dele lembra um pouquinho o Cristal Aura, só que o Spotlight é um perfume floral bem melhor que tem um cheiro de frésia branca que dá toda uma leveza contrastando com um fundo cremoso que dá todo um toque de glamour e sofisticação.

guest_mia
guest_mia

this fragrance reminds me a LOT of estee lauder's pleasures!

cookie
cookie

i agree with Sherria :) i don't like the top notes much either. but after a while it smells so nice! especially with the perfect base - cashmere, sandalwood, vetiver and white vanilla-musk. (which is why i bought Spotlight) the drydown's perfect! i can't stop smelling myself, i so want to eat myself! it's nicely sweet, yummy creamy vanilla, slightly fresh and warm flowers and cashmere + sandalwood + vetiver added a little sexiness to it.

it's not the sweetness that will give you a headache but very delicate. definitely give you confidence.

even though nothing so outstanding or unique about it but this's the kind of smell that men love ;)
ps. "Treselle" still my no.1 avon perfume though.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Is it just me? or does this fragrance remind anyone of 'Emporio Armani Diamonds for Her' ?

barbiot35
barbiot35

Too bad IMO... Spotlight was a major disappointment for me...Bottle is cute, seems elegant but It smells like L'oreals hair dye and nothing else!... Try it before buying, not only on paper samples, spray on your wrist at least...

sharyssa
sharyssa

I like the bottle and I want it but i am waiting for it to go on sale.I would never pay 22.50 for any Avon perfume.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Spotlight is a pretty scent for Spring and Summer. Crisp citrusy top notes yield to lush white florals, drying down to a woody musk. It's very feminine and the florals dominate. I can't think of anything particularly exciting or original to say about it, probably because it's not a particularly original scent. In fact, it reminds me quite a bit of Michael Kors "Michael." But Spotlight is certainly a nice scent, very soft and not overpowering. I agree with the other comments that it's a perfect scent for warm, sunny days. Would be great for the office, too. I think most folks will find this a safe, pleasant perfume for casual occasions.

Sherria
Sherria

I don't really like the top notes of this perfume. The smell is overpowering but after it's on my skin for a while I start to like it

crysna
crysna

Step into it! A tantalizing cocktail of sparkling citrus and luminous florals with a captivating encore of sexy cashmere woods! "this fragrance is about feeling good about yourself and being confident when you step into your own unique roles and into the spotlight" a pretty composition that will embrace u with a very confident and femenine fragrance! this fragrance was created by Jean marc Chaillan that co-worked with calvin klein, michael kors, liz claiborne, carolina herrera and many more. the face of the fragrance is actress Courteney Cox (our monica from the famous tv serie FRIENDS)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

My first impression of this was that it reminds me very much of Avon's Crystal Aura. Mostly because of the sparkling citrus notes, and the soft lingering woods. Although Spotlight seems to have a bit more depth, and base wood notes. Sparkly, refreshing...it does have an 'illuminating' quality to it. Great for daytime and spring/summer wear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Spotlight fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Spotlight, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spotlight by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spotlight by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.