Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Urban Flowers New York Avon for women

Urban Flowers New York Avon for women
dislike

Urban Flowers New York by Avon is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Urban Flowers New York was launched in 2007. Top notes are bergamot, mandarin orange and pear; middle notes are orchid, rose and orange blossom; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli and musk.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Pear

Orchid Rose Orange Blossom

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk

Summer White Sunrise
Lovely

Urban Flowers New York Fragrance Reviews

fujii
fujii

the first time I sprayed this all I got was patchoulli but in the succeeding sprays the patchoulli was actually behaving well and gave the floor to the orchid. The patchoulli and orchid mix gives this a hint of earthiness, at least that's how I would describe it.

reep.lepcha.3
reep.lepcha.3

The first time I tried this was when my mother bought it for me and my sister.Back then I was not so much into perfumes and my sister was the one who got the most use out of it. However the few times I did apply, it felt so familiar. It always made me feel like I knew it from before (if that makes sense).
It was also the first perfume I ended up loving so much and bought it multiple times. I am so sad that it has been discontinued. It reminds me of home.
It is a very light fragrance which doesn't stay very long on the skin but smells so wonderful while it lasts. It is floral and powdery with a hint of sweetness. It is sophisticated yet it has a youthfulness to it. Perfect for everyday wear, especially summer.
I loved it and I still love it.

tumpabanerjee
tumpabanerjee

This one is my all time feel good fragrance, using the fourth bottle now, in India it's hardly for 5-6 dollars for 30 ml, longevity on skin is hardly for half n hr, bt on clothes it will stay at least till u wash it..sillage is moderate. It's a very fresh oriental floral, with very slight spicy note. I jst love spraying anytime generally for no reason.. It's also my bed time scent !!its my favorite from avon, apart from jet femme holiday...go for it u won't b disappointed..

berrycool1211
berrycool1211

I used to have it a few years back.
From my memory, it has a fresh, a bit citrus, floral and a little bit balmy scent, I suppose. I remember that I smelled rose, sandalwood and pear clearly. I couldn't identify the other ingredients though but I suppose they were present too.
It was light and pleasant.
Good to wear in the daytime.

DeborahLeigh
DeborahLeigh

I bought this one in an avon clearance brochure when they must have been discontinuing this fragrance some time ago. That's really sad when I love it so much. It's a nice light pretty fragrance for daytime. It doesn't have much staying power, but who cares, just reapply half way through the day. I like that it looks purple too for some weird reason.

ver jaina
ver jaina

one of my fav from Avon since Little Black Dress that has been discontinued. loved the orchid-like smell, a bit powdery on the dry down, nice everyday wear.
Now i'm looking for similar perfumes, if any..

update 24/10 - i think i found one! it's similar to Gucci Envy Me 2, only the latter is much more richer...but the drydown is pretty much similar..imo.

kasks
kasks

In a tropical climate, this scent comes across as a mild powdery floral. On my skin, I could detect floral, woody and powdery notes while on another person, it smelt more powdery, balmy and woody than floral. Overall though, its a nice, mild fragrance, extremely suitable for daily wear. It sticks close to your skin with no silage whatsoever.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

I must admit New York smells the best out of the 3 Availible here. (and i dont say that because im a New yorker lol)This one last longer than Paris and London, plus it smells more Expensive. To me this smells very familiar, i know there are other perfumes that smell like this but it smells really nice! You cant be the price either, this may be one of the best inexpensive fragrances you can get. It will EASILY take you from day to night too. You will get noticed wearing this one. It smells like Money + Flowers and a little bit of smoke, Think a Glamorous Wall Street Lady who is making those $$ =)

Rodha
Rodha

loved it at first.. but now it give me headache :(

Guest_RosesPeriwinkle
Guest_RosesPeriwinkle

The patchouli takes this one over, with only a hint of fruity-floral with a sharp animalistic edge. My boyfriend always gets excited when I put this one on. My bottle is almost gone and I am looking for something similar to replace it.

Gargi
Gargi

I do like its sweet scent, but the lasting power sucks. None of my friend has commented on it yet, I think the scent disappears just after I reach college. Would have been great if it lasted longer!

geekweevil
geekweevil

I really despise 'angel' and this to me smelt just like it. Not a bad fragrance, not my type of thing at all. I offloaded it as soon as I could.

Pansylady suggests it's like SJP's Lovely, I agree, i also think Lovely = Angel.

dollladie
dollladie

Pretty nice - not overly fruity - but has a nice scent. I do get a hint of that old Avon "musty" smell in the background that gives me a headache - I'm saving it back for spring and summer and see if it improves - not bad, but just may not be for me.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

for me this one works surprisingly good.
it ranges always in my daytime faves because it lasts all day long, the sandelwood/patchouli drydown is very nice lingering and whispering through the velvety, powdery tropical flower trails.
it s not at all soapy on me nore i can say it s harsh in the opening. for me it opens juicy watery. this smells very lilac, very delightful and feminine!!! always got lot of compliments when wearing this lovely transparent but well lingering fume. thumbs up for such a low price scent! very deep sillage, incredible longivity. it smells expensive though.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Flowers drowning in soapy, musky water. No pear either. It's a little sharp too from the musk and patchouli combo. My skin really needs warmth to tone that down. Maybe vanilla, tonka bean, amber. Too bad the sandlewood didn't help this. That's just my chemistry though. Happens everytime it's just musk alone.

diabolicalsister
diabolicalsister

Hmmm, all I get is a sharp, soapy rose scent for the first couple of hours, and a tiny bit of Orange Clorox kitchen wipes? No pear at all, unfortunately. It's strong and gives me a sinus headache. At about the third hour that piercing soap scent lightens up, only a bit, but enough to reveal some musk and sandalwood. The sillage is good and the lasting power is amazing for what I'm accustomed to from AVON (5-6 hours!) But this scent is not working for me. Consider it returned.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I love this scent, it's sweet yet a little floral. However, the lasting power sucks! Come on Avon, do you have any fragrances that last longer than 10 minutes? I don't mind reapplying, but I shouldn't have to reapply 10 minutes later. I like the scent, but the next thing Avon should work on is the lasting power of their fragrances. If I don't see some improvement in the next Avon scent that I try...I think I'm done buying Avon fragrances. I guess you get what you pay for. I don't mind paying for a good fragrance that LASTS on my skin.

pansylady
pansylady

Reminded me very much of Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely- well, she is a New York girl, right?

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

Urban Flowers New York was the only reason I gave citrus fragrances another chance.

I am generally put off with fragrances composed of zingy, sharp cologne-type citrus blends.
But Urban Flowers New York cleverly incorporates a spellbinding blend of bitter bergamot, mandarin and orange blossoms, with a dash of pear.

I think the floral middle notes and musky base notes give this a more sophisticated edge too.

Pikachooo
Pikachooo

I love this parfume..It's my favorite

chi_chi
chi_chi

i think it's perfect for the office and not for school. geez i really like this scent but it's too sophisticated for school. (way less sophisticated for special occasions. )

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Urban Flowers New York was a pleasant surprise for me. A fairly typical fruit and flowery opening yields after an hour or so to a scent that reminds me of Caron Pour Une Femme on my skin. This one is listed in our database as floral fruity but I would describe it as chypre fruity instead, and not overly sweet.

Yes, there are plenty of fruits in this one, but they're a bit tart and green. There are enough dry flowers and that lovely woody base to keep it from being too sweet. The dry-down is absolutely gorgeous.

Caron Pour Une Femme is a powerhouse in terms of sillage, and might be a bit too much for daytime or occasions when you'll be sharing space with others. Urban Flowers New York comes on a bit softer would be a wonderful alternative for those situations.

Another lovely surprise from Avon! Bravo!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I absolutely adore this! I used up every sample that I should have shared with my customers until I finally received my bottle! Urban Flowers New York feels sexy, refined and a little mysterious.

The citrus and orange blossom give it a wonderful burst of freshness, and the orchid, rose, sandalwood and patchouli offer a wonderful depth, that lingers closely to the skin. Wonderful fixation and sillage on me!

My only beef here is that it has a cheesy plastic cap. Which I suppose shouldn't bother me since they all sit in boxes in my drawer anyway. It's still nice to have a pleasurable tactile experience when using it.....

I must stock up on this gem, as I fear it, along with the others that I've fallen for will be discontinued.

moonruby
moonruby

Casual yet deep at the same time. It's dark, sophisticated notes make this wearable and cherised at the same time.

guest_siamruby
guest_siamruby

It's a soft,and gentle perfume to me,perfect for a casual day out or,working day.Maybe for a summer day in town too.I wear it everyday since I bought it

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Urban Flowers New York fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Urban Flowers New York, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Urban Flowers New York by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Urban Flowers New York by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.