Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Cordovan Banana Republic for men

Cordovan Banana Republic for men
dislike

leather

Cordovan by Banana Republic is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. The fragrance features fig leaf, nutmeg, leather, bergamot, lavender, iris, vetiver and juniper.

Fig Leaf Nutmeg Leather Bergamot Lavender iris Vetiver Juniper

Cordovan Fragrance Reviews

landshark321
landshark321

I didn't recall Cordovan being one of my favorite Banana Republic scents (Black Walnut is definitely superior in my opinion) but it seemed worth another try via blind buy, and it does make for a pleasant fresh spicy option. It comes off as a mix of leather, vetiver, lavender, bergamot, and even perhaps some juniper and fig, though the latter two might just be a guess due to their listing in the notes breakdown.

It's certainly more ideal for cold weather usage but is light enough to probably have year-round versatility, though I'd certainly prefer to just use it casually on cold weather days and wear something else at night or for more formal occasions.

Projection and longevity aren't much to speak of, but given that it's now reached secondhand status (at $20 for 100ml at Marshalls), Cordovan is a reasonable deal.

6 out of 10

elnaz90
elnaz90

Roghan badoum!!! :)))))))

Kentington
Kentington

It's a great effort for Banana Republic, but would be only so-so from a more distinguished fragrance house. The materials smell good - probably mostly chemical but not so obvious as to be screechy. My only real complaint about this fragrance is it's awfully unoriginal. A classy, leather-vetiver-woody-aromatic, at a good price point...but I'd be slightly disappointed in a serious collector who made this their signature scent - there's just so much more out there!

lister
lister

It is a nice cozy scent,for sure,the softness of nutmeg gives a a feeling of comfort.Vetiver is there and leather accord is very subtle.Overall ,very unusual scent,but fades within an hour.Gorgeous bottle and a box.

esteban747
esteban747

Cordovan feels like a fireplace on a cold night. It's not a new scent nor is a standout, but it has a calming, comforting aura.
The strongest point is the opening with nutmeg, leather and some citrus notes. then it slowly fades away.
No surprises in here, masculine staples like Lavender, Vetyver, Leather and Juniper.
I'm surprised because usually I would give away a fragrance like Cordovan, but something in it makes me feel attracted to it. Perhaps is the effortless simplicity and elegant masculinity of this scent.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Best bottle and case presentation I've ever seen, but the fragrance is a cloying sweet powdery vanilla- scented pipe tobacco. It's similar to D&G pour homme, but on steroids and not nearly as pleasant.

sparris
sparris

Not terribly interesting to me, smells very generic, but nice enough if you just want to smell good and not stand out. Glad I only got a sample, will be giving away what's left of it.

Out of the three BP men's fragrances in similar bottles I vastly prefer Black Walnut over this and Slate.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

I think Cordovan is the best among the three I tested in Banana Republic Store. It is dark Mature and seductive.
Fragrance is woody/musky the only drawback is weak projection and longevity.
I cant say its very unique because i myself have smelled so many perfumes like this but still I liked it.
The colour of the bottle is awesome packaging and bottle design is same for slate, black walnut and cordovan.
I give it 7.5 out of 10.

ChristineR92
ChristineR92

this makes my boyfriend smell soo delicious! love it

belor
belor

Close to skin, short-live, nothing special in composition, just boring.

I'll speak to the drydown only, because before it gets there it's a bit of a "blur." A citrus quality lasts a long time as does what I call a burning lavender element that was common in the men's fragrances of the 1980s. Also, the vetiver and iris seem to form an accord (perhaps another note is involved too) that is very pleasant, but I don't get much fig, unless that is what's coming across as citrus to me. Projection/"sillage" is moderate but reasonable (I need to spray at least twice to the chest, rather than once or twice, which is common for me). Longevity is at least very good. In some ways, this is a "clean" fragrance, but with enough iris/herbal/vetiver bite to make it interesting. I find the drydown to be acceptably "natural" as well. Nice, but not something you need in your rotation unless you happen to really like this particular composition.

freedweed
freedweed

This smells lovely. But it's hard to detect after a short time. It blends obscurely too my skin in a soft slightly sweet christmas tree like scent. There is just a little projection. Even to me and I'm wearing it. Almost Zero. Stays very close to the skin almost disappearing. Maybe I found my scent. Are not cologne's suppost to do that well first and formost then add something special and interesting to project secondly for the fun of it? I don't know. This would be good for herb smokers because it dosen't clash or get in the way. Just a soft,pleasant,piney,earthy scent. Banana Republic makes nice fragrances. I have a bottle of BR's "M for him" and I love it. Cordovan is a safe "blind buy". You should sample it first. It's worth checking out.

domurst
domurst

Nice fresh woodsy scent that begins with a lot of cardamon mixed with citruses and lavender. Then the fig leaf starts to dominate, and its detectable till the very end which comes after about 6 hours form aplication. Base is mixture of greenish and woodsy notes with the fig note being still there. This one doesn't have the edge and is not original or extraordinary in any way, but still it's nice fresh scent good for formal ocasions when we just want too smell safe, nice and fresh. Well balanced and better than majority of modern woodsy perfumes.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very nice and fairly EDT formal. It has classic notes of citrus entry with wood, progresses to middle notes of soft woods with aquatic-green light touch, ending in a subtle aroma of wood in its base notes.

It has universal age range, although it is more appropriate in young and middle-aged men. His season may be used at almost any time of year, your notes can still not saturate or discomfort in warm weather. A very pleasant aroma, is not innovative but it has high quality aroma.

Banana Republic CORDOVAN is a somewhat standard woody aromatic edt for men: refreshing bergamot and lavender grounded in vetiver and garnished with spice. I like CORDOVAN, but it's nothing really new. On the other hand, as a high quality edt in this genre, CORDOVAN is definitely a safe choice.

A somewhat more exciting example of an aromatic intended for men but wearable by women is Balmain BALMAN. Both would be nice to wear after a bath and especially during the hot summer months. CORDOVAN is more subtle but less interesting and invigorating than BALMAN.

periquito89
periquito89

Maybe the vetiver? This is a fresh-herbal scent, that pretends to be and in fact sounds a bit formal. Nothing to do with scents like Tommy Cologne, Tommy 10, Ralph's Polo Blue and many others. Unfortunately, another scent that impressed me as quickly as I got tired of it. If you like some kind of herbal scents, this could be a very good choice. Cordovan is, to me, a different fresh scent as Kenneth Cole Black is another one as well. Even not being a huge fan of it, I'd take Black (smoky-tobacco-green, though a bit synthetic).

andy
andy

it's a very nice scent i know ive smelled this at banana republic but it comes off as a GREAT rich woodsy fresh and clean smell but simply does not last so I would not go out of my way to get this

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Mmmm, better than most men's fragrances. I was really tired of basic soapy clean scents for men, so I got this for my guy. It's warm, and I think I'll love smelling this in the Autumn. It's rich, and a little spicy, but still wearable. I imagine you can wear it with anything or for many events.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

It's just a so-so scent. Nothing special, except the deluxe bottle.Cordovan is fresh. That's all!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Banana Republic Cordovan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Banana Republic Cordovan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cordovan by Banana Republic. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cordovan by Banana Republic represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.