Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Betsey Johnson Betsey Johnson for women

Betsey Johnson Betsey Johnson for women Pictures Betsey Johnson Betsey Johnson for women Pictures Betsey Johnson Betsey Johnson for women Pictures Betsey Johnson Betsey Johnson for women Pictures

In 2006 she launches her first fragrance, Betsey Johnson, a real pop art luxury. The outer package is decorated with the details which reflect her style, leopard print and roses, while the bottle is accentuated with a very unusual and attention-drawing top. The unusual bottle was designed by Colorful Licences.

Betsey Johnson fragrance was created by two noses, Bernard Blanc and Mathilde Bijaoui. They gave it a sparkling and joyful opening, combining the notes of grapefruit, pear, black currant and tangerine. The middle notes unite the floral and fruity accords of freesia, lily of the valley and red apple, while the base bring cedarwood, sandalwood, praline, amber and musks.

The fragrance comes as EDP in 30ml (1oz), 50ml (1.7oz) and 100ml (3.4oz), with the matching body care products, perfumed bath, shower gel and body lotion in 200ml sizes.

Black Currant Grapefruit Pear Mandarin Orange

Innocent

Betsey Johnson Fragrance Reviews

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

Betsey Johnson is a spring & summer scent of delicious fruit and nutty almond-like praline. I love the bottle and packaging although it looks decidedly cheap. My daughter thought I was losing my mind buying fragrances that look more like her perfumes in her vanity dresser table! This is a sweet very feminine fruity floral but it has a mature aspect. This is sweet with grapefruit, currant, apple and pear. The fruit is summery and fresh, a bit boozy and juicy. The florals are mainly a peppery freesia white floral scent. In the dry down I get some woodsy note which I take is the cedar a touch of musk and some praline gourmand notes. There's also amber sandalwood but it never becomes a full fledged Oriental. The dry down is still very gourmand and smells delicious.

A fragrance that feels casual and laidback. She is not flirty but she is very innocent and naïve, with a youthful energy and positive outlook in life. I just love how this smells and it matches up with some fruit flavored shampoos I have. It's under 15 dollars online cheap as a flea market pair of earrings!

But I love it!

In Tennessee right now the weather is warming up and summer will be here soon. This is a very sweet fruity floral so if you like perfumes like that and you're on a budget check it out.

Good stuff.

Janlaw
Janlaw

Ok so wtf this perfume is a hot mess you don't know what it is doing. It goes south and north and east at the same time without really going anywhere. All I get is a sharp scent of nothing not lilies not vanilla not floral not alcohol just like when birds suddenly fly at the same time....you observe something dramatic is happening or going on but not sure why your attention is being called to it. The presence is there but the question is presence of what exactly...not really sure...might take a lifetime for me to answer or figure out. Loud perfume but at the same time voiceless. Would I also call this a dramatic for nothing perfume? Absolutely.

thumper26
thumper26

This was my first grown up perfume I purchased for myself when I was 15. I had purchased body sprays before and received perfumes as gifts, but this was the first perfume I selected and purchased myself. I saw it on a clearance table at JC Penney and was attracted to the bottle. I thought it was so beautiful, so glamourous, and so unique, I was drawn towards it. I picked it up and smelled it and decided to buy it. I love the scent. Its warm fruit on my skin. Almost like a fresh baked fruit pie with cinnamon in top, with a hint of amber. Its sweet, but a warm sweet. You can wear it whenever, but I like it especially in the early fall.

Andreab969
Andreab969

TJMaxx bargains will bankrupt me! But oh it's so fun finding incredible fragrances, some I hadn't even heard of before. Like "Betsey Johnson." I LOVE it! I've been wearing it since last night and it's still great! I will buy a larger bottle! I too dislike the flimsy plastic peacocky cap... annoying! But the fragrance rateis 5 stars for me. Why wasn't it more popular? It's wonderful!

Fabulous Janice
Fabulous Janice

This scent is exceptional at its price point. It totally screams Betsey Johnson. A nice succulent floral gourmand. It's invigoratingly, fun, full of energy and youth. It's delicious. It opens with a freshness, a light floral that dries down to a nice sweet decadent treat. Every note is clear and distinct from beginning to end. I feel so happy when I adorn this bottle of goodness. I think it's good for day wear, best in spring and summer, and the silage is actually good or above average. Very pleasing!

savageinstrangeland
savageinstrangeland

I really like this one. While it is definitely sweet, I wouldn't call it a totally "foodie " gourmand. It has a little spicy/musky/incensey vibe in the dry down that bumps it up a level in terms of flexible wearability for those of us over 20. It really is a great scent for all ages. It's not super complicated, or ultra unique and bold, but it is beautiful. And it is just unique enough to stand out from other fruity florals floating around. When I bought my first bottle years ago I paid around $50 for it and frankly it's less than stellar longevity combined with the hideous cap made me decide I could live without it once my bottle ran out. It just wasn't worth the $50 to me for a 1oz bottle. But nowadays I'm seeing bigger bottles than the one I had all over town for $10-$20! That, it IS worth for sure. Try it. It's very affordable and really is quite nice. Lasts about 3-4 hours on my skin but the projection and silage is quite good during that time. And to be fair, my skin eats even the beast mode scents quickly though! So, I really could see it going up to 6 or more hours on someone with the right chemistry for it. I'm not sure why this scent isn't more popular now that it's easily obtainable at a great price.

Overall it really is a scent worth having in your collection if you like gourmand scents that are balanced out with sandalwood like I do. It's very wearable for a woman my age (mid 30's) which can be hard to find in gourmand fragrances these days. At it's current price it's a absolute dream juice! My only complaint is that bottle! That cap looks like it belongs atop white trash Barbies bottle of imitation Vince Camuto. lol I just love Betsey so much as a designer and expected more of her bottle I suppose. Her Too-Too line bottles are pretty sweet though! Speaking of Vince Camuto, This Betsey Johnson layers HEAVENLY with VC! It was sort of a accident, I sprayed this on trying to switch fragrances midday before the Vince had fully vanished... holy moly. It's to die for.

KSGarner
KSGarner

Not crazy about this one. At first all I smell is sweet and citrus. The fragrance nuances for me are fruity sweet, marshmallow (more sweet), incense (smoky sweet) and citrus.

s2jkbrad
s2jkbrad

This was a blind buy at Ross for $10. I figured I couldn't go wrong as I like Betsey Johnson and I was right! While I can see a teen wearing this, it would be a "sophisticated" choice for most teens, as it is a bit more complex than the sugary scents or light florals currently out.

For me, I smell a marshmallow, powdery, rose, tobacco/incense type smell. Slightly sweet and floral with a mix of gourmand.

A big departure from the loud florals such as Amarige, that I enjoy but definitely an option for day time that I could layer for night.

Oh, she smells good!
Oh, she smells good!

I'm a hardcore betsey fan!!! And in my head she's my aunt lol anyways this scent smells like that cool aunt everyone has. The amber scent is strong in this one but like the review says below me it's a happy scent!

Venusta
Venusta

Like me, this is such a happy fragrance! Smells like energy and youthful productivity. Like the sun smiled down on you and told you that today will be a fantastic day.

Immediately I smell a yummy fruity cocktail of predominately tangerine and black currant accords. I can't really smell apple, but the lily of the valley, praline, and freesia play wonderfully with the fruits. So sweet!

The drydown is, by far, my favorite and lasts like 6 hours. Honestly smells exactly like the beginning and middle notes but lighter. I would personally describe the amber and musk as "sparkling and sunny". Great, uncomplicated and fun scent!

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

This was another really pretty scent that my allergies just weren't gonna have any of. Very sweet, fruity opening and vanilla-musk/cashmere drydown.

The bottle was super cute, fitting with the rest of Betsey's merch. Very good price on this nowadays. Definitely worth buying if you like sweet scents and aren't susceptible to headaches from strong synthetic ingredients.

This is very similar (to me) to Lolita Lempicka's Sweet edp, so maybe try layering if you have issues with longevity. For some reason the "smells like" function on here is being squirrelly and won't let me add anything.

Class&Ass
Class&Ass

If you like fruity fragrances than you will like this Betsey Johnson Perfume. The bottle is so cute, to me it's a teenager fragrance. Price point is teenager geared as well as the fragrance & the lid which is charming but cheesy plastic.
I bought a bottle blind buy of course, and knew instantly it's not for me. However I have a number of teen girls to buy for at Christmas & this will definitely make one of those girls happy. At $10 you can't go wrong for gift giving & if the sweet fruity fragrances are your thing, you have nothing to lose by buying Betsey Johnson Perfume

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

This is a very pleasant scent. On the fruity side, but not overdone. I think this is a perfect daytime fragrance. A light fun fragrance that is not overbearing. Reminds me of an elusive fragrance that I wore long ago, but I cannot pinpoint it. In my opinion, it is the apple essence that dominates.

taylorcake1
taylorcake1

I sniffed this one at nordstroms rack and was intrigued about a year ago. Just bought a 1.0 from Ross for $11 and it was a good decision. On my skin it's woody, sweet, and spicy. I don't have a trained nose so I can't pick out the exact notes.
I love love loooove the way it smells on me but the lasting power and siliage aren't the greatest. However, that's kinda nice for a day that you feel like re applying a few times. Sometimes it makes me feel luxurious to spritz a few times a day.
For that reason though it probably won't be my go-to fragrance. When it's in my purse (it has to be because I need to re apply) the top/lid takes up a lot of space and feels like it will break if it's handled too roughly.
Long story short, I love how it smells and I'm happy to own it. Not signature fragrance worthy for ME, but I reccomend trying it out!

Update-
My boyfriend always has something nice to say about this scent! I also have gotten a lot of compliments from people I know and people I don't know. Even though the lasting power isn't great it has become one the favorites in my collection.

marcayybaybay
marcayybaybay

I am fully obsessed with this fragrance! The bottle is beautiful. The shape of the clear bottle is to die for. The shape actually makes it very easy to hold. I think the cap is pretty, but very flimsy and cheap - I just know it's a matter of time before I accidentally break it.

The scent...THE SCENT. It's like candied nuts, tart berries, tasty apples and pears, warm woods, and amber...and a touch of orange chocolate, too. I love fruity, delicious scents, typically. I always say "I don't like to smell like a dessert." This one has so many foodie elements, but it doesn't smell like a dessert still. They blend together flawlessly. It's girly and sweet, but still spicy, musky, sexy, and sophisticated in my opinion. This one is ideal for colder months because the base notes sit heavy on the skin, but it feels like it would be a great fragrance for a warm summer night, too. Lasts about 8 hours. Great for a girl in her twenties. It has been boyfriend-approved, too. He loves candy-like scents, but this one is more sexy and edgy.

I bought this for $12 at TJ Maxx. SO worth the money. I wish I'd picked it up sooner.

kriziaprincess
kriziaprincess

this is candied orange gummy bears and caramel praline on me. its sweet and citrusy. if you like smells like britney believe, cacharel liberte or britney spears hidden fantasy, u should love this.

scentedrat
scentedrat

Candy, sugar-coated berries, and lots of amber. LOTS of amber. LOTS of sweet. Yikes!!! I actually liked this for about 5 seconds, but after trying it a few times I couldn't handle it. I didn't get the slightest hint of floral or complexity. There was some little spark of something in there which made me like it initially, but it quickly got overtaken by the overall cloying heaviness. The friend I gave it to loved it. Amazingly enough, she described it as light and fresh. It smells the same to me when she wears it, or when I smell it on anyone else, but obviously we perceive it very differently.

lemonzest
lemonzest

I blind bought this some time ago for next to nothing, tried it, thought it was mediocre, and put it away in my possible giveaway/sell box. Today I was looking for something else and ran across it. I was in the mood for a chocolatey scent, and remembered it was a gourmand, so I spritzed it on.

Mmmm. Why did I reject this gorgeous scent? Must have had a sinus problem that week. Betsey Johnson delights with its chocolate candy and blackcurrant vibe.

The drydown brings out the white flowers and cedar, but the chocolate candy or praline note never completely disappears. Blackcurrant is my new fragrance crush, and I can definitely find it here. I got on a blackcurrant jag after running across some real blackcurrant tea in a tea shop here, the kind made with LEAVES, not berries. I love that cat-pee note. Yes, blackcurrant = cat pee smell, but in a GOOD way. OK, that's not very convincing; try it sometime.

Yay, this is fragrance karma acting in my favor to make up for the hideous soul-crushing disappointment I felt yesterday after trying the much vaunted Angel. Betsey Johnson is everything I was hoping Angel would be: a multifaceted big chocolate gourmand I can wear in the winter months. It smells nothing at all like Angel, of course. I did not mean to compare them.

If you live in a subtropical climate with only about 10 cold days a year, you know what euphoria it is for the weather to turn cold...out come those rich, heady fragrances you wait all year to wear! Of course next week it could warm up, putting me back in my light floral eau de toilettes. But I hope not, now that I found Betsey.

PS: The bottle is so hideous. Ignore it. This is a great scent.

mittensablaze
mittensablaze

I really dislike this one. On me it smells like I drenched myself in cheap men's cologne and then sprayed Viva La Juicy over it.

beautyscent$
beautyscent$

Omg... I bought this, but returned it!!! I sprayed it on before bed, it was sweet (Praline) for a second then all I smelled was AMBER AMBER AMBER! Worse, it kept heating up through the night, I was too lazy to get up and wash it off, so by the morning... HEADACHE

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

Much like the namesake designer and her clothing, Betsey Johnson Eau de Parfum is a very fun and festive fragrance. It represents the brand well. This perfume too is over the top girly, loud, and tacky. Comes to mind an older wilder sister of Viva La Juicy.

The main note is of ambiguous fruit jam. It’s a bit tart. It’s slightly spicy and a tad powdery, which distinguishes it a little bit from other fruity perfumes. There is a very creamy sweet note of praline.

I grew out of this perfume and no longer own it. It’s synthetic smelling and not of great quality but I hesitated to rid of it. When I wanted to wear a perfume for a party or other festive occasion I reached for this because I think it suits those occasions and especially because it was one of my longest lasting and strongest perfumes. It was one of the few perfumes I can be certain that if I put it on I wont need to retouch my fragrance during the night. Alien by Thierry Mugler now fills that role in my fragrance wardrobe.

CycoEva
CycoEva

Betsey Johnson Betsey Johnson for women, annoyingly sweet at first, also has some notes of breakfast tea leaf. Imagine tea leafs mixed with a hint of rose with way too much sugar syrup. Theres something that I just do not like about this scent. I'm looking to sell my 3 X .20 ml brand new atomizer set/parfum.

bittercyn
bittercyn

I didn't like this perfume. It's too sweet and loud for my taste. I am willing to swap a 1 oz bottle sprayed twice for Lolita Lempicka, Britney Spears in control curious, or KISS for her, etc. Message me for any questions.

Emily Dictionary
Emily Dictionary

I bought this on a whim when I was very new to the world of perfume. It's a very sweet, cloying scent and smells just like melted gummy bears to me.

It goes on extremely strong; I can only use one or two sprays and even then, the sillage is VERY heavy. I don't like smelling like I've been doused in perfume, so I have to spray it on like an hour before I go out, so it can mellow out. The good news is that it dries down to a nice, warm, cheerful scent, which is why I continue to grapple with it on occasion.

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

I am sue there was something in 90' smelled like this....I cant find out what but...I know this scent...of course interesting for 19.99 $ Marshalls price

norchelle.dovinian
norchelle.dovinian

Smells identical to s'mores, the roasting of the marshmallows, scents of melting chocolates and the warm scents of the spices of cinnamon graham crackers. Very girly and sweet, yet very spicy and warm. LOVE IT.

lirael00
lirael00

One of the best prefumes I have. It's a perfect composition of sweetness. It's smells sweet but never too sweet. When I'm wearing it people are constantly complimenting me and of course there's nothing better than getting notice because of your smell. The mix of pralines and pear is amazing. The Only problem for me is the longevity as I would love for it to last all day. Anyway it's still makes me happy whenever I detect the loveliness of this frag on my skin.

tru4reele
tru4reele

I just bought the full size bottle at TJ Maxx and I am very happy with my purchase. The notes are pretty much dead on. Vanilla, woody, spicy. I only sprayed once on my wrist just now so Im not sure about longevity. Nice pretty bottle for my dresser.

marjorie.leduc
marjorie.leduc

I'm into gourmand, floral, sweet and fruity perfume. This one was a pleasant surprise. Sweet, but just enough to smooth the woodsy and musky edge of the fragrance. I felt like entering a freshly done cottage, or stroking a freshly sand piece of wood. It's soothing yet spicy, very very interesting.

theodora stanescu
theodora stanescu

This one was a nice surprise. the bottle is very fancy, the perfume lasts long and the fragrance is actually pretty good. I would say it's more of a fall perfume, because it might get too strong during the hot days. I like it!

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I managed to snag this one cheap at TJ's or Ross or The Rack, and it was a blind buy. I was drawn by the crazy bottle (that lid, man!!) and the mostly great reviews. And I figured, for $15, I can't go wrong, right?

Well...I was actually hesitant to try it after that, thinking, "What if it's TOO sweet on my skin?".....

I threw caution to the wind and put it on yesterday before heading out to catch a movie and I could NOT stop sniffing myself. I smelled edible. Why doesn't this gorgeous gourmand get discussed more often? I got oodles of sweet (but not cloying) praline, woods, and amber for about 12 hours on my skin (3 sprays). I literally smelled like dessert. It was SO GOOD. And not in a cheap way, not synthetically, just in a wonderful way.

This one might be a cheap thrill, but it's well worth picking up!

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Citrus and sweets, very girly and pretty sugary and yet also fresh with moderate sillage. A very wearable likable fragrance in a charming bottle for a good price. The right sort of perfume for a gal in her 20s, not a teenager anymore but still young.

It's a fragrance almost anyone should be able to get along with, there's just something friendly about it. It says "Glad to see ya" it says "nice to meetcha" it says "happy to be here" it says "here, little old lady, take my seat on the subway." it says "I talk to strangers and say only nice things" it says "sweet as pie."

All in all a cheerful boho Pollyana of a fragrance.

minusvminus
minusvminus

It's a very wintery scent. I do not detect the citrus notes at all but that does not make this fragrance any less pleasant. It is very warm and lasts for a very long time.
This is something that does well sprayed on a sweater or scarf. It has scored me a lot of compliments, actually more than I do with some of my more costly perfumes.

Dara813
Dara813

I've been a fan of Betsey Johnsons' designs for a very long time so how I've waited so long to purchase one of her perfumes is beyond me. In fact, I wish I hadn't waited so long because this type of scent is one of my favorites - musky, woodsy, vanilla and praline. If you are not a fan of sweet notes like vanilla and praline being mixed with sandalwood or musk, I would say to stay away from this scent. It's actually really well-blended but the musk and sandalwood are really present. I don't smell amber but that's OK because I love this just the way it is. Sweet but not cloying. Musky but not too musky. And woodsy but not too earthy. It has the best of everything and the notes really work well together to give this scent a great balance.
Sillage is good and longevity is great on skin, amazing on clothing. If you can find this one at a great price like I did, grab it! It's so lovely and more unique than I expected.

kaypops
kaypops

This is a very musky vanillia scent. A little bit strong for me when I first spray it but the dry down makes it worth it.Simple, but pretty. Nice for winter.

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

This has been a signature scent of mine for many years, and I've had repeat purchases of it. I think I've gone through about 4 or 5 bottles of it now. On me, it gives me a vanilla buttercream and slight musk scent. It's very warm and comforting and just a little spicy. It sometimes reminds me of Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male. I did have one bottle that didn't smell like the others I purchased. It was strange, it didn't give off nearly as much warmth and kinda went old lady on me. But all my other bottles have been lovely. I did recently purchase Juicy Couture Gold Couture. I do find these two scents very similar to be honest. They are still different enough, but very similar in a warm, spicy, gourmand way. This Betsey Johnson fragrance lasts much longer though, and I get many compliments on it from strangers.

Treacherous
Treacherous

Don't like this one, it's a weird musky smell, gross. Not as gross as Too Too, Too Too is a pungent mess and this perfume is almost as bad. Total gag material.

well, I love it and I love the bottle too. it's so kitsch and fun. big fruits, florals and I also smell some patch which gives it depth. what I don't love? lasting power. only about an hour or so. I have to respritz a lot. overall I'm happy with it and I'm enjoying wearing it today for mother's day.

guest_Sharkington
guest_Sharkington

I love Betsey Johnson and hate the fact that I hate this this perfume. I wanted to like it so much, but had a hard time finding anything redeeming about it. It just smelled harsh and musky...I think the woodiness was too overpowering over the other notes. It also gave me a headache and reminded me of cheap perfume from Walgreens. Also, on a lesser note, the bottle is hideous. I generally find Betsey's style and clothing cute, but the big plastic cap wasn't cute. It was tacky, which actually represents the scent inside well.

mademoiselle04
mademoiselle04

Definitely this is a perfume I don't recommend to blind buy. For me it is very powdery in general. At first sniff it was a big no no for me, like powdery roses, not fresh at all, it can even produce headaches. But once it settles, after a big while (an hour or so), It turned more sweet, soft, slightly spicy and nice, but still powdery. Not a fan though, at least not for me.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

While I really enjoy this scent, there are a few things about it worth noting. This fragrance can definitely be cloying and headache-inducing. It is a very sweet and synthetic gourmand that shares similarities with Jessica Simpson Fancy. As an Angel devotee, I think my threshold for obnoxious, cloying scents is pretty high, but this perfume is almost too much for me. The pear note is quite prominent in both BJ and Fancy, but BJ has a woody, musky quality that makes it more dark and complex than Fancy. The amber makes it very sultry and the candied praline note kind of plays on top throughout. If you gravitate toward tooth-achingly sweet scents, you will probably like this one.

indi3cita
indi3cita

This is a warm, interesting and mysterious fragrance. Definitely not for everyone. On me I can smell the grapefruit and the black currant right away, then comes the sweet and flower and "creamyness" I don't know if it's from the praline or the ambar or both. The creaminess reminded me to ajonjolí/sesame seeds liquor... Like absinthe!!! I don't know if I make sense!!! Hahaha!! But anyways this is a mysterious, warm fragrance. Great for fall or winter and nights or if you just are in the mood for it!!!

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

Great fragrance. I just purchased a gift set (1.7oz edp, 2.5oz lotion and shower gel) for $7 at TJMaxx. Packaging is deceiving. I really want to break the pink topper because it is awful and childish but the juice is great. Not too sweet and more mature than you will think. Don't sleep on this>

mimila
mimila

They had a tester of this fragrance out at the Burlington Coat Factory and being a longtime fan of the bottle and the designer I spritzed. At first I thought "Oh no!" I got a lot of citrus (which I don't like) and the fragrance is strong (which I do like). I was glad as I left that I only sprayed on one wrist. And then...it kept wafting up at me and as it developed I found that the middle notes and especially the base notes were charming in the extreme. I was left with divine sweet musky delight. I love a good long lasting scent and this fills the bill nicely. I saw that they have bottles at TJ Maxx for 14.99 so my next day off I plan to get one. Reserve judgement on this one til you've worn it the whole day.

mintstar
mintstar

I had to have this when I was in high school because of the bottle, but on my dresser it has sat. The smell does not suit me at all and gives me instant headaches with only one spray. It feels very run of the mill and generic to me, but... dat bottle!

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

This perfume smells nothing like you'd expect considering how cute the bottle is! I Gotta admit I fell for the packaging on this one. It was a blind buy. I waited till I got home in my closet in front of my perfume collection to try it. I was Soooo excited, but the moment I sprayed it, I knew I had made a big mistake. My heart sank.This smells pretty GROSS. My guy friend said it smelled like an old lady, and it does. No offense, I'm just not old enough to want to smell like that yet and I am in my 30's people. The smell of this perfume does NOT match the cute little bottle. That is too bad. Its a stuffy, very SERIOUS *not playful as some people claim (don't let that bottle fool ya' )musty, very sweet woodsy, rat poison like, suffocating smell that just does not seem to work. It is almost like it was going for Thierry Muglet's "Angel" type smell but missed the mark. It is one of the worst smelling perfumes that I own, but at least the bottle looks cute on my dresser. It sucks when the perfume doesn't match the bottle. Its like false advertising!!!lol The only good thing I will say about this fragrance is that the dry down is not so horrible. It is actually ok when it is VERY VERY faint. Then it smells like sandalwood or vanilla or amber...that is its only redeeming quality other than the bottle, of course.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I absolutely adore this fragrance. It is amazing..it is citrus and vanilla but its not really even its prailine combined with the pear..this is just as good as L by Lolita lempicka but better or a different take on citrus spiced vanilla/cake scent..the bottle is girly different for sure.. but its the juice that has me excited its one of those make me happy perfect for Christmas fragrances..i bought two bottles of this stuff i love it that much and my bigger bottle i got on discount and its from 2011 and it has aged well where it smells even better than my newer bottle..this is a total me fragrance..its citrus,its spicy and its sweet like cake topped off that it has amber as well which i always like..this is going on my tops..and its priced incredibly low i cant believe it..i hadnt even left the store and the two ladies that work there were complimenting me wanting to know what i sprayed..this is the best version i have had yet besides L and besides Flowerbomb.
One note of advice this is intense so don't spray close to your neck i would say on chest or inside elbows its that strong..well worth your money.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Warm and comforting, a cross between With Love and Burberry.
I have the bath gel, and I find that it smells exactly like the taste of Fig Newtons!

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

Blind Buy from TJMAXX for $14.99. Smells sweet and soft, with a musky and vanilla drydown. Its like alot of other fragrances of have, but that's what I like so it fits right in. It's a good warm scent when you don't want anything too heavy. I haven't worn it a whole day so I don't know about the longevity, but from what I can smell now I like it very much. It was worth the $15 and the bottle is adorable.

sgeraci1
sgeraci1

I got this for my birthday earlier this year and I LOVE this perfume!! On my skin it smells very woodsy and it smells very sweet and musky. I get compliments on this fragrance all the time!! This was a very good buy(-:

pravda48
pravda48

So sad, I got no juicy yumminess like other reviewers, and the notes that's supposed to smell like pralines comes out like sweet hot... plastic. I could 'see' musk and apple, but the yummy playful powdery-sweet effect I was hoping for does not come through on my skin.

babybear1
babybear1

I bought 3 back up bottles from fragrancenet, I love the box, and I do enjoy the perfume!!!
I know that is not a review, but I am not good at individual notes etc.

All I can say is I enjoy the perfume very much. LOL

jessica.collins
jessica.collins

This is a very beautiful unique fragrance, not my signature, am still searching for her !

I do not condone smoking, it is a very nasty habit that I have struggled with for years, but, a part of me wonders if Betsy smokes. The reason being, whenever I do smoke, it brings out the perfume intensely, if that makes any sense. It doesnt cover up the cigarette smell by any means, but it does blend in to it, beautifully. I have gotten many compliments from this.

MsAmazing
MsAmazing

I just bought this. I love the box! The initial scent is fabulous but it appears not to last on me. Maybe my nose will wake up, but I did spray myself more than usual. I'll wear it for a few days and report if this changes.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

This bottle is pure kitsch and I love it for that. It's a chunky little thing that you can grip in the middle quite comfortably with this huge pink topper, so very BJ style.
I own two of her perfumes and each are polar opposites. When I'm in the mood for a true foodie perfume, no hesitation in reaching for Betsey Johnson. It's a sweet delight that I enjoy. It's strong, and I love it for that, but I can make it lighter with the right application. It all depends on how I want to wear this perfume. That's what I really appreciate about this gourmand.
Musky along with woods that goes on for hours? What more could I ask for? It's fun, carefree and a great pick-me-up.
Cooler weather preferred if wearing in public, otherwise, wear it to your hearts desire and spritz away. Grapefruit, pear and apple slices garnishing a plate of chocolate pralines...that's what Betsey Johnson is all about.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

I love this one. I don't really smell specific fruits, but it smells fruitty, a little spicy, a little musky and some amber. I don't get much flowers. Ithink if you like viva la juicy, bbw sensual amber or prada candy, you should try this. It is gourmand, oriental

glambert
glambert

Betsey Johnson is my favorite designer, so I was dissappointed that it didn't smell good on me. I guess I don't have the right body chemistry for it because it was really overpowering.

Grimly Fiendish
Grimly Fiendish

I'm really disappointed that this has been discontinued;I love it!

The scent reminds me of ginger snaps: Sweet, slightly spicy, soft and delicious! The praline, amber and sandalwood are most noticeable, and near the dry-down I get a hint of musk. I can't smell any of the fruits distinctly, they just seem to blend together and add to the sweetness.

Sillage and longevity are very impressive. Just a couple of sprays and I catch whiffs of this perfume all day! I also really like that it doesn't strike me as being "too young" or "too old"; I feel like anyone can get away with wearing this without it seeming out of place. Recommended for casual daily use during fall and winter.

dia321
dia321

I got this as a gift and i used it a few times but i just couldn't take it anymore. I love sweet perfumes but i felt nauseous after wearing it all day. For me its too sweet with a hint of tobacco maybe? its intense. Its one of those fragrances that smell good on other people but not on me. I love the cap and design however, so i kept it as a decor piece in my room :)

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Had a chance to spritz this scent on while shopping at Marshall's. at first like others have said it has a bit of a masculine smell to it that soon gives way to amber and woodsy notes. I kept smelling my wrist and on the way home I was able to figure out what this scent reminded me of, Prada Amber. They share some similarities specially the amber note. The main difference that I see is that BJ Is more sweet and gourmand. For the price and the staying power it's definitely worth it. On my wish list.

leelee42
leelee42

I had seen this at Rexall and tried it, at first I wasn't sure if I liked it. I had other perfumes on different areas. It started out very different, couldn't quite place what I smelled that I kept sniffing the spot where I sprayed. I went home and several hours later I sniffed that spot again and I am in love. I hurried up went back to pick it up, but realized it had no box...?? tester. I picked up pink sugar sensual 30mL as a blind buy. I went to the cashier and she couldn't scan it it had no code. She called the manager to see if they had any in the back...nope... I scored the samll tester for free. The only thing is there was maybe a 1/4 gone.

The plastic pink top is hideous no matter how fun the designer may be. I read all the reviews being leary of the end result. I love it. I am going to have to search to buy some more!!!!

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Maybe it is the prominent praline note but this REALLY reminds me of my favorite perfume, La Vie Est Belle, although this is much more powdery. Lasts a good few hours. I feel like it's 'grown up' while still being sweet. Love it.

urbanexotic
urbanexotic

It has some commonality with Jessica Simpson's Fancy in the opening notes, and I can really understand the comparison. On me, this fragrance opens with a sweet pear note with a touch of something watery, almost like watermelon or wet flowers. Underneath is just a whisper of the bottom notes, keeping it from being truly gourmand.

Once it settles on me, the fruity notes fade into the crowd and the musk and amber step forward and begin to dance. First the musk leads, with the amber following right in step. Eventually the musk allows the amber to take the lead, keeping step with it while the pear drifts in the background like delicate music. Eventually the music winds down and the musk and amber call it a night and go home together.

I would say that this scent is a scent for someone who enjoys the scent of Fancy but finds it too childish, yet finds other amber/musk blends a bit too mature - like a young woman who has gone off to university and is caught between youth and adulthood.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

I don't know what everyone is talking about here: I BARELY smell fruit and it's not tart at all! I smell praline and sandalwood-- and honestly I love it almost as much as Prada Candy, haha for $20/bottle at TJ Maxx it's a great alternative.

sca0o
sca0o

I love this scent during the spring and summer time, but by the time the fall and winter time came around I got sick of the scent. I feel like it lasts a good amount of time. The scent is very unique, but I am pretty young, so I do not have so much experience in the perfume market. This is however my favorite spring/summer scent and I love it.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I tested this scent today. It didn't really interest me. It's woodsy and musky but blah. I'm not sure why it's so popular.

vood-oohlala
vood-oohlala

Hits me like a wall of hot pink bricks upon initial spray and lingers like a loud cloud of flowers and citrus.Very sweet, though not quite in the tired vanilla cupcake sort of way. i don't find the overt sweetness offensive, in fact...i do wear it, the mood simply needs to be right. I tend to juggle this and Viva La Juicy when i'm in the mood for a little -BIG.LOUD.PINK.FLORAL! sweetness. Simply put its mostly obnoxious..but nice. The bottle? Godawful..and thats why i like it. She's the tacky yet lovable tramp in my collection.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This brings to mind Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Guess by Marciano. In the beginning, I smell a bit of both at different times.I think anyone liking these two creations may enjoy this scent also. Currant to me is like a good vanilla, heavy, sexy, but doesn't give off that granny vibe many people comment on when vanilla is present. I hate the top...and love it the same amount! The dime store effect has always brought a smile to my face, and probably always will. I can totally understand the negative reviews, but this is just a fun and happy little rebel to have. If your not delighted with your purchase...well hells bells...I've lost 20 bucks before and lived through it, you'll be ok! It's an elixir for several of my personalities. Good job Betsy!

Tamelimul
Tamelimul

On me this fragrance is just not good.. I remember smelling it before on someone else & liking it. On me, it is a sour, powdery smell if that makes sense at all. I don't get any sweetness or fruit notes. Too bad.. I really wanted to like this.

Majja67
Majja67

I got my 100 ml Betsey Johnson yesterday, blindbuy on Ebay! Actually it was nothing as i had expected it to be, it was so much more! When i first spritzed it on my wrists and back of my neck it open up like a typical celeb fruity floral concoction, but this only lasted for a few seconds! After that it started quickly reveal its true colors! A beautiful honeysweet amber rised from the base and then came to rule the scent to its very last moment! It also in my nose almost immidiatly started to feel very familiar so i sat down and let the scent develop, felt its strong aura around me! This is NOT a faint scent, its loud, but not harsch, very velvety soft and as said ambersweet! Didnt had to sniff my wrist so much, i could very well feel it without that! I also by this time could feel a very juicy pear, a very prominent part of the scent that keeps it from only be a amber/woody/balmy scent! I also felt a dry and almost a bit incensy sandalwood, that togheter with the pear and the amber made this scent very pleasant! Im sorry, but this to me has no similarity at al with Jessica Simpson Fancy, there is no apricot or vanilla to mention in this scent, those two notes is the dominant in Fancy IMO.
Then suddenly me olfactory memory hit me and i knew exactly which scent this Betsey Johnson so strongly reminded me of; La Perla- J`aime la Nuit, its very VERY similar to this scent but minus the prominent and a bit stingy Patchouli note that J`aime la Nuit has and that has kept me from using that scent very often! So i am very happy to have found a nearly identical scent to that one, because i like La Perla JlN very much but not so much the patch in it! So BJ is PERFECT, please dont click on NO on "reminds me of" on JlN before tried both! They also share a whole lot of the most prominet notes as pear and amber and also the wood!
So this was a very pleasent surprise for me to find a such woody amber scent with touch of fruit in this cool bottle! I had honestly expected only a ordinary Britney/Jessica/Paris-scent but noop, its very excellent indeed!!
Many seems to judge perfums by the design of the bottle or the name of the brand, i collect unusual and beautiful perfumebottles but this one will also be apreciated for its content!
Scent; 7/10
Projection; 8/10
Longavity; 8/10 (at least 8 hours on me)
Bottle; 7/10 (not beautiful but pretty and bold)

mommaozzy84
mommaozzy84

I just got my 3.4 oz bottle I ordered online, in the mail today. I tore it open and spritzed some on, and right away it smelled familiar. I went up to my room, and sniffed a few bottles of perfume, and sure enough, it smells almost identical to Jessica Simpson's Fancy (the original one), at least to my nose. It's sweet and alluring, and I love it! Although they smell similar, I will be keeping both, since my 1.7 oz bottle of Fancy is about half gone, now I don't have to worry about being without the lovely scent. I will say that Betsey Johnson is a slightly lighter scent of the 2, and since I have a bigger bottle of it, I will be wearing this alot before the warm weather comes. I think this fragrance might be too sweet for summer, but I'll give it a try on a day I won't be leaving the house, so I won't offend anyone.
Edit: After wearing this scent more, I am seeing that my original comparison to JS Fancy was a bit off. I did have a slight cold when I first got this perfume, so my nose was playing tricks on me. I think the pear, amber & sandalwood combined have a similar effect, but not enough for them to be anywhere near identical. I do love this scent, and I will be wearing it much more frequently. It lasts so long on my skin & clothes, and my hubby really seems to like it on me, as well as my kids. It's definitely a keeper. :)

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The opening on this one is a powerful rush of sweet and tart fruits, with a hint of powder. After a while, it mellows to a sweet pear and powder scent that's reminiscent of VS Noir Tease. Tease is one of my all-time favorites, so naturally I quite like this one as well. That said, it isn't exactly like Tease; there's a subtle praline and amber in this that Tease lacks, giving Betsey Johnson the upper hand for complexity. Love!

hannaheart
hannaheart

Smells really masculine in the beginning. Improves after about half an hour (turns into a sweet/spicy scent) but it's not my cup of tea. :(

MichaelCerasEyebrows
MichaelCerasEyebrows

Musky, sensual, elegant. The opening notes are very fruity and I definitely got some pear in there. 10 minutes later the dry down is pure sandalwood, musk...Just a very warm, wrapped-in-a-blanket fragrance. Great for the winter/fall time and at night for the summer. I sprayed this on a couple hours ago and it's still on me, lasting power is fabulous!

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

I was so in love with this fragrance that I asked the lady what it was just so I could purchase one for myself. Not to wear it, but just to enjoy that smell all over again. This is coming from a guy who detest overwhelmingly sweet scents.

Milladane
Milladane

EDP: This was a blind buy based on reviews, especially based on my favorite key words, "sweet" and "powdery". The conclusion after getting my hands on a bottle is - I really like it, but since I have so many to-die-for perfumes to wear, there really is no time to dilly dally with this. While it is "sweet" for sure, I don't consider this powdery at all. Well, I suppose it could be thought of as powdery in the warm vanilla and musk sort of way (like many contemporary fruity floral perfumes). It is NOT, as I had hoped, powdery in the elegant vintage way people often refer to as "old lady".

It is mostly a sweet fruity candy scent (that's a good thing for me), and does have warm woody musky undertones. Still, I would not consider it a serious perfume...more like a body mist, because like other similar types I have, such as Amor Amor, and Burberry Brit, it stays on for barely an hour. So I see no point wasting my time spraying this on. Practically no sillage past 5 minutes. There are so many of these sweet fruity gourmand perfumes out there these days and yes, this is one of the better smelling ones, but it is not amongst the best.

I believe the bottle/cap is based on a vintage all glass perfume bottle design I've seen before, which would have been great if the plastic cap wasn't this tacky hot pink color and loose fitting.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I have had samples of this for the past few years (I tend to stockpile them for travel) and just bought a 30ml bottle at Rexall for $19...totally worth the purchase!

While fruity/sweet at first, I find this dries down to a warm and sophisticated scent.I tend to like "notice me" gourmand scents and NOT flowery ones and this one fits the bill.

The cap is a little cumbersome and I wish it was more portable, but other than that, great fragrance and great buy!

jlolo
jlolo

This was a blind buy for me about a year ago. I got it home sprayed it & hated it....the initial spray was sweet but it eventually dried down to a spicey licorice kind of smell. I shelved it & a few days ago while at home decided to give it another try. Surprisingly I like it better now. Although it dosent last very long & still does seem to dry down to that spicey smell I dislike it has a nice lingering scent(similar to Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue). As long as I dont stick my mose up to my wrist every 5 minutes it smells nice(. I considered giving this away but I think I will keep it & use it when the weather gets warmer. Still not my favorite I am more into warm,woodsy scents & I wouldnt have bought this if I smelled it first but its def. worthy of some wear.

What a masterpiece! I have been missing out on this one for sure for a too long time already! A must have for every perfumista that takes herself seriously...

Gorgeous perfume, very alluring! Sweet but very classy!
A perfume on it's own, so original as well!

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I have had this perfume for quite some time. I must say I jumped on the bandwagon and bought it, and I did not really like it. But I sprayed some today and the praline in it has stolen my heart! I lasted about 8 hours on me and it stays close to my skin. Yay!

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

Betsey Johnson is my favorite designer, and even though this isn't my favorite perfume, I really like it. It's a combination of mature and playful. I give her props for it's complexity and the bottle is adorable. It really reflects her personality :)

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

I always enjoyed this from sniffing the bottle & spraying it, but when I bought it & took if home, I noticed how quickly (record time) those enjoyable top notes dissipated, leaving nothing but powder on my skin! I am so not a powder scent fan. Also, I was hit with an allergic reaction, requiring 3 benadryl!! For such a happy uplifting scent, I learned the great lesson of body chemistry & scent!! My advice for any scent purchase: try & try again before you purchase!!!

Suzi
Suzi

Well I think that if you have heard of the designer herself I think that the bottle is a bit of fun and whimsical like her. As for the fragrance it reminds me of Viva la Juicy with the bottom note of praline it's not really my cup of tea but I think it smells pretty nice. I think you could wear it the summer it is definitely quite potent so I would spray lightly but all in all I think it is a feminine scent worthy of purchasing if you like a sweet sexy fragrance. It would lovely on a romantic date for instance.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

This is what I expected Reb'l Fleur to be.

I had never heard of Betsey Johnson, and passed this scent by time after time, but the reviews here convinced me it was worth a blind (discount) buy...and it is quite delightful! At first, as others have said, it is light, sweet and juicy, but not cloying at all. Then it gradually deepens with a sweetly woody floral note that eventually becomes a soft, but rich, spicy, amber, praline with just a touch of patchouli.

It takes time to move through its varies levels, but each is so pleasant and interesting. On me, it becomes almost a skin scent in just a few hours, 4 or 5 maybe, so the sillage and duration are not quite as strong as I'd wish. But there is no problem respraying, since it just doesn't have an obnoxious note in its repertoire. It is not a "serious" perfume, but it is really enjoyable and from what I read, very close in spirit to Betsey Johnson herself.

The bottle, however, is really silly.

jreyes366
jreyes366

This scent is just full of cashmere and praline! It's amazing and cozy, perfect for fall. And surprisingly, it's a pretty sophisticated scent. I love it

digitaldiva
digitaldiva

I actually investigated this scent here on Fragrantica before buying. First impression is a deep rich currant with wood and a little smoke and powder. Very potent out of the bottle. However after about 30 minutes it will dry down beautifully into a sweeter, lighter spicey foral with powdery overtones. There are hints of fruit which make me think of grapefruit although its not a citrus scent. I was worried it might be a bit "old" initially. But the subsequent lightness in tone was a a very pleasant surprise.

Taking the advice give here I use sparingly. It gives a warm wonderful effect throughout 8-9 hours without souring. I really like the different layers and how they change slightly throughout the day. I am sensitive to a lot of fragrances and this does not make me sneeze or invoke nausea. I found it on sale at $19.99 and would definitely rate this a good value for those that like wood/spice/florals. More of an autumn-winter scent. If you find it on sale give it a chance.

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

The cap will not stay on securely but this fragrance is great after it dries. Took some getting used to, but I love it!

JessKat
JessKat

Its funny; I always see this perfume on sale somewhere. And I have been wearing it for years! It smells fantastic on me and I get compliments on it all the time. It is for sure one of the ones I have bought repeated bottles of. It's warm and sexy - not a summer fragrance though. I find it does not smell the same in any sort of hot weather. Sometimes it makes me think of Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, if it were a female scent. It is also similar to Amor Amor.

skitten
skitten

Had high expectaions here...... Sadly let down.......... Another blind buy... The scent is kind of acidy, sharp, rotteny fruit and dank smelling.
The lid on the bottle is over the top pink spider mesh/mash cheap plastic, and a definate too tall, flimsy breakable, knock over and make a mess.
I was way disappointed, as I saved my pennies to buy this one. And now ewe, there is that soapy aroma wafting in...... will never buy again...

aschiffm
aschiffm

its hard not to be attracted to this. it is sweet and fruity with a small ounce of edge. the fruit in the beginning is equal parts pear/tangerine/black currant. the black currant darkens up this otherwise bright scent.

it gets more floral but keeps the fruit theme with slightly sweet and clear apple as the scent opens up and then drys down to a very ambery milk chocolate. the whole composition flows nicely together through sweet and succulent notes that blend perfectly and are very vivid. if you like the notes listed, that is exactly what you will get.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

This perfume was a blind buy for me. One of those Oooohhh, next thing you know you have a new perfume and the casheir has your money kind of deals.

It opens very strange , and mens aftershave on my skin. I almost took it back right then. Give it a little time to settle down and it just gets better. I am so glad I didn't take it back!

On my skin it is a sweet, powdery spicey scent. Nothing sparkling or fruity. Not a playful scent at all. I was hoping for that because , sparkling , fun and flirty is my things.

I love it. It is long lasting and totally different than I would expect from the reviews.

Whether you get fruity Betsey or spicey Betsey, it is a great perfume!

KSBelle
KSBelle

This is a fun flirty fragrance. I went on a mission to find discontinued fragrances, and this became an object of my desire for that reason alone. It isn't a breathtaking masterpiece, but it did make me feel young again. For anyone who is in search of the Holy Grail, this is not it- but, it is somewhat of a Fountain of Youth, and that is good enough for me. (Mind you, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the perfume alone. I have found other Fountains of Youth that can substitute this one equally. I do like this one though!).

This is sweet, flowery, powdery, and young. This goes with pink toenail polish, first kisses, short skirts, and bubblegum. You can even throw in some plastic popper beads (if you are old enough to remember these), jelly bracelets, and love notes (for the full effect!). This is not for "business" or "formal" wear. It is simply for fun. If you can make room in your heart (and on your vanity) for an inexpensive gem in a cute bottle, this is one I would give a try.

It's not for everyone, certainly not the "perfume-masters" who feel the need to make a statement with every scent they adorn their body with. It is however, for the young at heart "perfume-addicts" who (like myself) can appreciate fragrances as much for their simplicity as their complexity. I find it perfect for the days when I need a "pick-me-up", or a sweet reminder of my former years. It's a fragrance that says "lighten up, life's not that bad!". Then, it winks at you, tosses its blonde hair over its shoulder, and prances around in a mini-skirt.

(Feel free to hit me over the head, and knock some sense into me. Until then I will enjoy this mindlessness, and wait for someone to tell me to act my age!). I will probably tire of it, and go back to my "old-lady-smells", (as my 11 yr old daughter refers to my Chanel, Guerlain, and Este Lauder perfumes). I always faithfully return to my staple fragrances that misguidedly fall in the "older catagory". But, nothing says I can't drink from the Fountain of Youth every now and again, just for old times sake. I may even go out and get a mini-skirt to go with this...well, that's pushing it....I do still have my popper beads though!

Zyanya
Zyanya

Way too much powder for me. I purchased it based on all of the positive and promising reviews from you guys about its gourmandy sweetness and praline notes with raspberry jam! Unfortunately I have to echo another reviewers comment that it smells like sweet old lady. The powder is the most overwhelming note for me. I get whiffs of pear and peach but they are quickly suffocated by powder! I am trying to let the scent grow on me but I feel like I have 3.4 oz of juice I will never use. I am open to swapping if anyone is interested!!!

Whit
Whit

I had smelled this when it first came out and I remembered it being sweet and playful, but I never bought it for some reason. Fast forward to present day. I was shopping at the local TJ Maxx and saw a gift set, so I decided "What the heck! It's a good deal!" So I purchased it and I'm so happy I did. Yummy, sweet, flirty, and yes playful too; I like it. Nice fun summer frag for just kickin back and chillin out with friends.

ButterflyKiss
ButterflyKiss

I bought this not smelling it prior to purchase. The flowery box made me think I would enjoy it. Long story short, it reminded me of something my mom would wear and sure enough when i told her if she wanted to take it off my hands she was delighted..-_- go figure.

This was just not my cup of tea.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I just recieved this sublime scent from Cakes and Cuddles! Thank you hon!!!! It is sugar-laden yet not cloying and contains just enough jammy fruitness to win me over! It makes me feel rather giddy and gleeful yet has an edge that keeps me down to earth. A girly frag? ohhhhh yes, it pleases the girl within the woman and though whimsical and adorably Barbie-Dollish, it reminds me to have FUN in life. Shall edit! I love it!

c0uture
c0uture

Love this perfume! This is such a fun and flirty perfume. Very girly and and fruity. Definitely one of my favorite in my perfume collection. Perfect for the summer!

FleurDefendue
FleurDefendue

This is gorgeous and rich, especially in the winter, applied very lightly! It is definitely strong in wear and sillage, sweet, warm, and feminine in my opinion.

Despite the implications of this EDP being from a punk icon's line, it smells more classic to me than avant-garde. My BF's mother thinks it smells divine.

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

Interesting, a while ago I got a tester strip with this fragrance and loved it. But it has been a while so I got another test strip but didn't like it. It smelled dated. I just remember liking it at first but today not so much. Not sure about this one and I wanted to like it. Hmmm

dkny27
dkny27

The bottle may seem very reminiscent of Barbie jewelry but the fragrance, surprisingly, is anything but.... Sweet, savory almost, only for a short while and then there is a very rich powdery scent that makes you happy that you chose to spray this one on.
Not on my purchase list, but it's pleasantly different, so I am glad it bought it!

SS79
SS79

Okay, so I smelled this at the store today... and I LOVE it, but on my skin it reminds me so much of Viva La Juicy (which I own)its almost identicle.. this is just a tad bit warmer.... :-( I love the design of the bottle tho!! and the lasting power on me is not long.. I wish I had the same effet as may others on here! Well.. after my vlj is gone, then I will purchase this!

EDIT: I was in Winners today, and found a 3 piece gift set, shower gel, body lotion and a 30ml for 29.99 cnd.. couldn't resist!! lol.. so I own both now.. they smell so similar on me.. but im a happy camper! again...LOVE the bottle!!!

Lushylori
Lushylori

I just bought the gift set today and I really like it.
I am not picking up on a lot of florals or the fruit but too me it smells like it contains a lot of Vanilla and sweetness.
I think the bottle is kinda cute although the topper is really cheap & flimsy plastic and I'm sure that if I'm not careful,I could easily break it.
The scent is really nice though and I'd probably repurchase again :)

Nanc
Nanc

On my skin it starts off a mix of Circus and With Love two perfumes I truly enjoy. Then it develops into its own lovely mix sort of a slight candy (must be the praline) fruity, peppery montage that fits right into the category of scents I enjoy.

Aspendina
Aspendina

i was gonna buy this based on all the good reviews but thankfully there was one opened so I gave it a try, ehhhhh god its so bad don't know what it smells like but....yuck.

marydoan90
marydoan90

Bold. Edgy. Sweet.
All at once.
That's what Betsey Johnson is known for, and that's exactly what this perfume is.
On me, it's spicy and woodsy with a certain sweetness, but not gourmand at all. Maybe I have a weird nose.
People have compared it to Viva La Juicy (that's why I initially bought it), but to me it reminds me of With Love by Hilary Duff (which I also LOVE), except a tad sweeter.
My perception of this perfume contradicts other reviews though, so it's probably just the chemistry on my skin or something.
But at least I agree on one thing with them: LOVE THIS PERFUME ! :)

edit: the gourmand is more recognizable in the dry-down

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

I was a bit unimpressed with this. At first, the ingredients blended together in a way that reminded me of Elizabeth Taylor's Curve Connect, a perfume I hold with high regard. After the dry down however, the scent had turned heavy, almost suffocatingly heavy. I felt as though I had sprayed maple syrup and black currant directly on to my skin. I only sprayed this once, but still it knocked me out.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have never smelled the original perfume of this.I have an animal friendly imitation oil of it. I just love it so much.

I wish to express my review in a poem:

A bowl of grapefruit in my hand
A trail of incense in the sand

Black currant juice in my heart
And tangerines are sweet and tart

Praline cream trail on my mind
A cedar tree I scale and find

Freesia petals are placed here
Apples Pears are sweet and near

I inhale, breathe all notes in
This treasure's like my second skin

adrienn99
adrienn99

on me there is almost no fruits (only faint traces of apple, oranges and freesia), gotta tell there is no freshness at all. But that could be my bad, cos this is what i was expecting to a degree from a floral fruity gourmand.

It is more about amber, sandalwood and some fruits/flowers at the background. For some reason quite reminiscent to Costume National 21.

Likeable but it lacks originality to me :)

LexiOD
LexiOD

I bought this without smelling it first because I love Betsey Johnson and I found it for a good price.
The packaging, although it does remind me of growing up in the 90s and being obsessed with pink plastic and jewels, does not impress me as a perfume bottle, specifically a Betsey Johnson perfume bottle.
Ignoring the packaging, the fragrance is a heavy, spicy, sweet and creamy scent. It is also very, very strong. Definitely a winter perfume in my opinion.
The lasting power is really good. It lasts all day with no required reapplication.
Overall, while I can't say I personally love this, it's not bad. 7/10 from me.

xx

jaking21970
jaking21970

On me....this smelled very bitter & harsh. Bad chemistry. However... It is my 19 y/o daughter's first signature scent. On her? It smells amazing! Every time she wears it...I ask what she is wearing that smells so good! Totally unrecognizable from the way it smelled on my skin. If it wore on my skin the way it does on hers...it would be a staple on my shelf.

sweetharmony

This (1oz) was a blind purchase today; being a big fan of Betsey Johnson, I thought I should give it a try. I was totaly in love with in from the first spritz! I love it; it is so juicy. I loved it so so much, that I went back and bought another one (it was on sale). It is truly pure yumminess in a bottle! It reminds me a little of Fancy by Jessica Simpson, but this is way better than Fancy. If you like soft sweet scents- you will like this one.

ONE WORD: YUMMY!

AveParfum
AveParfum

Betsey Johnson is possibly the most "edible" perfume I've ever smelled. It begins smelling like fresh wild strawberries, but in time it reminds me of raspberry thumbprint cookies. I can just taste the buttery, sugar cookie with the gooey, sweet raspberry jam. There is no berry note listed here, but I get lots and lots of berries.

I can understand the comparison to Viva la Juicy, but I think Betsey Johnson is much more gourmand. Unlike Viva, which definitely has strong white florals that prevent it from being called gourmand, I don't get any florals here at all--just sweet, delicious treats.

I also can understand the comparison to Fantasy, but I would say that Betsey Johnson is more of a raspberry and caramel, while fantasy is fresh fruit and white chocolate. They are both yummy, but very different. Fantasy doesn't have the raspberry jam quality that I love in Betsey's perfume.

The longer you wear it, the deeper and richer it becomes. It melts into your skin and keeps you warm like a sweater.

I bought this perfume blindly, thinking I was taking a big risk in it smelling slightly "lower quality" like Fancy or Fantasy, but this perfume smells more complex. I wanted Viva la Juicy, but this was cheaper and therefore more enticing at that moment. After wearing it, I like Betsey Johnson more than all the others! I go bonkers over the raspberry jam factor, and it's potent here.

Perfumedsecrets

I've had this for some years. It's really fun and sweet, but not a toothache sugary perfume. It's very edible, but there is this musk and amber to round it out. People may think it's tacky, but they don't get Betsey's personality or her style. I've seen hundreds of perfumes that came after it that are practically the same. She had this gourmand made right.

poivrerose
poivrerose

The initial blast reminded me very much of Amor Amor. Lots of currant and juicy sweet citrus. But then as it settled, it really began to change and deepen. I'm getting a lot of rough smoky amber, soft earthy musk and hints of rich sweet praline - which isn't quite a perfectly meshing composition, but there is still something to be admired about it. A thick, almost abrasive, smoky sweetness - with the slightest hint of bitterness. It feels a little off beat. Definitely not a common candy sweetness. At the end it magically cleans up and becomes a soft fresh scent - the quiet remnants of some previously undetected floral notes. This one definitely goes through stages, but it's nice to have a perfume really transform like that. Sillage good, lasting power good. I like it.

cindo45
cindo45

OOOOH LALA!!! This perfume may have been around for awhile - but it NEVER gets OLD! LOVE IT! SOOOOO Wonderful and Sexy - Just Beautiful and can be worn ALL seasons and Day & Nite! I believe it to be timeless to~playful, yet not too young yet mature enough but not too old. The staying power is PERFECTION! And I AM PICKY ABOUT THE STAY! Love the cute bottle, looks so cute on my vanity :) Luv U Betsey!

remas2008
remas2008

this perfume smell as like viva la juicy exactly ,i like it

Jellybean
Jellybean

Pralines, sugar'n cream, pears and berries. Sweet and gourmandy too. Coming from Betsey it is definitely not a type a scent i would expect from her; I love her punk rock vintage eccentric fashion, I imagine she would go for something much more edgier than this. This perfume screams sugar candy girl! Over the time I get to like it more and more. When craving something sweet to eat I just spray this on and I'm good. This is a wonderful sweet-pralines-fruit scent.
For daytime use and young generation. The drydown is much more yummier, like add some sweet honey yummi! It is a sugar sweet satisfaction in a bottle. Average longevity 5 hours.

Grottola
Grottola

Probably the worst gourmand I've ever smelled.

Starts out as a promising blackcurrant-apple-tobacco version of Angel, and then within a minute or two takes on this awful "burnt gingerbread" note that lasts the duration of the fragrance. Just doesn't work on my skin.

Funny thing is, my mother (who isn't a gourmand lover by any means) loves this stuff. I think the bottle is cute.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

Goodness. My experience was so different that I'm wondering if I'm thinking about the wrong perfume! I got a sample of this somewhere, and I never actually wore it because it was awful when I just smelled it. Very strong, with lots of vanilla and possibly wood notes. Yuck. I threw it away.

If others like it, that's fine. I just hope they don't wear it around me.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Very fruity and slightly gourmand :-)
Fantastic combination of pear, apple and tangerine with creamy florals on a sweet praline-woodsy base.
Very pleasant, inoffensive, lovable but has rather close to the skin silage, unlike silage killer - Fantasy :-)
Great for summer. If it had better staying power it would become my No.1 gourmand fragrance.
Nevertheless, it is worth trying as it is a really lovely juicy-praline cocktail.
I feel that it would appeal to Interlude, Fantasy and Nina Ricci lovers.
(The bottle cap is really tacky and unpractical - I cut the plastic top with scissors as it was a nightmare in my handbag.)

Tulip211
Tulip211

This perfume satisfies every perfume craving I have at once. It's fruity, than sweet, than floral, than creamy and powdery, than woody a
nd musky.. What a ride!!

The bottle also has a split personality the lower half is elegant and classy and mature and the topper is funky,bright and young!

This is a really fun perfume and it smells divine. It reminds me of Viva la Juicy, mixed with SJP NYC, and a dab of Armani code. It is a fresh clean scent. Only cons are: it is not very long lasting, so I prefer to use this as an after shower body spray, or to spray in my hair before heading out. For the evening I recommend something a bit stronger.

mirandaslaysdragons
mirandaslaysdragons

This was a favorite of mine for awhile. I think it is extremely unique. To me, it smells fresh and exotic and a bit woody. I always smell pineapple, for some reason. I get compliments every time I wear it.

shycahna1
shycahna1

i really wanted to like this scent but it smelled like a sweet old lady at my church! and sadly i bought the gift set. oh well! i guess i will use this as air freshner..this perfume is way to sweet but it lasts a long time

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

The bottle top reminds me a lot of one of those bright, oversized plastic bubble wands that you find in a six year old girl's room, next to the stuffed-toy My Little Ponies and Barbie dolls. Hehe. I understand a lot of people think it looks awesome but for me it just... doesn't really have that appeal, I guess. :) Apart from that, though, this fragrance sounds like something that I would like. I want to smell it. :D

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I wanted so much to love this. But on me, it smells powdery and grandma floral-esque (yuck). I can't smell anything other than the lily-of-the-valley, freesia, and musk. Shame, I had such high hopes for this one..

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Playful, sweet, carefree, and as mentioned below by Natalie467... ADORABLE!

What's not to like? The bottle's cap is a little quirky, but I think it represents the fume inside to perfection.

Juicy. Fruity. Sweet. Tart. Girly. Fun.

applesana
applesana

This is one of my favorite perfume. I LOVE IT!!!!
Always get lot of compliments when i wear it, from
men as well as women.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Adorable, flirty and fun! This goes against all my loosly set perfume rules-sweet, fruity, gimmicky, but rules are meant to be broken.

The bottle and packaging are just so irresistible and kistch, there is even a hot pink & yellow leopard print matching tote bag, which I would use in a heartbeat. The plastic crown on the perfume bottle just adds to the gaudyness of the whole shebang, and I mean that in a good way, it's cute in a funky, off beat sense.

As for the juice inside, its a pleasant not-too-foody gourmand. I gets lots of chocolate and orange upon drydown with enough of the musk, amber and sandalwood to prevent it from becoming too edible. First spritz is a bit off-putting, but wait it out, it gets much better!

Winterlaurel
Winterlaurel

Very sweet and very young, the praline overpowers and the slightly musky undertones overwhelm. If you like it, I recommend a VERY light touch.

magpiemagpie
magpiemagpie

The bottle is cute and zany from afar, but up close the plastic lid looks like it was stolen from a little girl's toy box, and the juice inside smells cheap. It just fills the room with the stench of overwhelming syrupy and synthetic red-pink fruit with a buttery cake undertone. It reminds me of nothing if not a pop tart pastry. The base notes are screamingly strong and long lasting. From afar, the base is heavy, sweet, musky caramel "praline". I honestly find it revolting. Betsey Johnson is a sillage monster, so if you find yourself charmed by this fruity gourmand, please apply lightly so as not to asphyxiate those around you.

yaya5
yaya5

To me is smells like an oriental vanilla, but i dont see vanilla in the notes...strage. It smells simialar to guesse by marciano.

larring
larring

I really love this perfume! I can definitely smell the pears and the pralines. In a nutshell it smells to me like the syrup that comes with canned fruit cocktail, mixed with vanilla cake batter. Sort of a softer, sweeter version of Lolita Lempicka (which is also a favorite). Unfortunately, it just doesn't last that long on my skin!

chapeaunoir
chapeaunoir

Betsey Johnson is a fragrance for the young at heart, and those who appreciate the mockery of main stream girlhood stereotypes.

Any one person who sniffs Betsey will notice it's undeniable sweetness. Quite honestly the most distinguishing feature of this perfume is its syrupy, sticky sweetness ala drizzling honey on prailines and caramel apples. The thing I like about this certain sweetness is that it has ample base notes to keep the fragrance from oozing off your body. After all, you have to get the sugar to stick to the doughnut somehow!
Actually this fragrance is so SO sweet that an adult must have a sense of humor in order to appreciate it. Wearing betsey is being transported back to the days of my little ponies with the funky hair, and barbies in minidresses seated in their just as frighteningly pink barbie convertibles.

Guest_Abby1920
Guest_Abby1920

Love this one!! It reminds me alot of Burberry Brit, except a tad bit more gourmandy. Very pretty and fun!

gigiletta
gigiletta

guess marciano,hard candy and this one smell same on me,burned sugar like an expensive cake,but i love all of them,bottle is very cute.

Jordan19
Jordan19

I bought this perfume for my little sister and she absolutley loves it. Its very sweet and it suits her personality because the fragrance is fun and its something that you can tell a young girl would wear while running around a park with her friends. Its a beautiful scent and very yummy. But the staying power is terrible.

guest_Michelle
guest_Michelle

ahhhhmazing! I love it sooo much! the scent is sweet but doesnt smell childish. It's spicy and fruity. The perfume lasts sooo long one spray stays all day. and the bottle is adorable. I just bought it after reading reviews and i am in love!

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

First off, I love the crazy bottle topper on this! It's darling, and I know I'll be putting it on a window ledge as soon as the juice is out (wouldn't want to let light ruin the actual product). Pros: it has decent lasting power on me, and the scent is full but not overly overpowering. Cons: The first fifteen minutes or so are awful on me, and just really screechy.

guest_debob
guest_debob

The base notes are very spicy and come quickly. This reminds me somewhat of Hilary Duff's With Love base notes.
I love the top notes, very fruity and sweet with just a touch of spice.
I found the bottle rather plain, but the top kind of "out there". Very cheap and plasticy.

alexanna7
alexanna7

betsey johnson is a verry nice and sweet fragrance!on me i got the apple,cedar,vanilla mostly! It's the perfect combination of apple,cedar and vanilla!for those who loves a good sweet scent but still feminine and a little bit spicy,that's the one! It's the kind of smell that makes me happy! Perfect in winter to cheer you up! But,this one have a versatile quality,it can be worn any season because of the apple,that brings joy to the fragrance!love it!

maude
maude

Really like this perfume, it's fruity fresh and sensual at the same time.
i love the bottle and the price is also good.

This perfume is combining several of my favorite perfume notes!! I do not remember me getting enthusiastic in the store when smelling, but now I think I would like to smell it again! The notes just sound amazing!! Who is having a sample for me to try??

9154mf
9154mf

I totally agree with Carnelian's review, this could be taken as a tacky cheap smelling floral fruity gourmand complete with tacky bottle top, but I love it. For days when I want some playfulness in my life, and to smell sweet and juicy (incredibly sweet!) I will wear this.

Carnelian
Carnelian

You can take this stuff two ways. It's in a cheap, childish-looking, tacky box, and the bottle is straight from a Barbie Doll set: hot pink plastic. The perfume is an in-your-face fruit punch and woody musk. Know what? I love it. A complex fruity floral with great staying power. I love the cedar and sandalwood at the base, it gives fabulous grounding to the goofy fruits, and the praline and amber a creamy warmth. I get a little white floral, but the tang kind of smothers them. This stuff is as girly as it gets. If you hate sweet, fruity smells, run. If you like the DKNY or Britney Spears lines, give it a try - it's a pretty good fragrance!

Moyra
Moyra

As a longtime fan, I can affirm that Betsey Johnson's designs require a certain light-heartedness. Her work has never been about seriousness but about fun - vibrant, insouciant, flirtatious and totally un-serious FUN.
The fact that her career has spanned so many decades and has always been successful, garnering new devoted fans each decade, seems to indicate that there is plenty of place for joy and spontaneity in a world that takes itself as seriously as the fashion world does.

And as the fashion world frowns and tut-tuts at Betsey Johnson's madcap charm,and at her delightful lack of seriousness so, apparently, does the perfume world.
Betsey Johnson's perfume is a lot, and I mean a LOT nicer than "they" say. Its a beautifully blended confection with juicy fruit, pretty flowers and more woodsy lovely things going on on drydown than you would believe.
Its sweet, but honestly not excessive, its also fresh and exceedingly wearable at any time of the year by playful ladies of ANY age.
It morphs into different scents on different people, but its always pretty and never linear.
The bottle is pure Betsey, playful and over-the-top and fun, there is nothing else like it and I am in no way embarrassed to have it on display next to other, more sober offerings.
Before you write off your own not-so-serious side, go ahead, admit that you have great fun in the few moments of giddiness you allow yourself, and before you write off Betsey Johnson, try it!
By the way - nice sillage, decent (about 6 hour) lasting power, and definitely, in its summery, flirty,light-hearted genre, an 8 out of 10.

CamillaCC
CamillaCC

This is a unique one of a kind modern fragrance for the young at heart. I believe young and old can pull this off. It is great for summer and winter. Why are people so upset about the bottle? Betsey Johnson is an eccentric colourful designer, what else do you expect from her? After all she does cartwheels down the runway!!! Get over yourselves, you are buying the scent first, clearly the people who are upset about the bottle don't buy Betsey Johnson's dresses. Her dresses make you feel like you are in a fairytale, just like this scent does! I have over seven of her dresses and the are all lovely girlie over the top frilly creations for parties. Granted you need confidence to pull them off. Her designs match the bottle perfectly, it does look like a toy but her accessories are the same. I'm glad that Betsey Johnson stayed true to her designs and didn't create something just to please the masses. That's why this scent is so original! I do like the art deco top which is over the top I feel like it brightens up my boudoir. And if you don't like the bottle get the portable perfume spray!!! I smelt this and fell in love instantly. Men love it and women do as well. I think more girls compliment me on this scent than men have. I've had so many compliments on this one especially at clubs or parties. I've gone through five bottles in four years. I have never repurchased a perfume so many times. My other perfumes are just sitting their collecting dust!! First notes are fruity and I can smell the pear instantly but once it dries down its a sweet oriental. Its not overpowering, only if you spray more than twice. The scent warms up my skin, lasts all day doesn't fade easily. I also like that its unattainable in the UK and Europe because I'm the only one who has it.

jazz444
jazz444

Delicious! The pear and praline notes, underscored by very creamy musks, turn you into a walking hot pear crisp. Who wouldn't want to take a taste?

Very sensual in an unpretentious way.

secretcrush
secretcrush

THE PRALIE IN THIS ONE TURNS MY STOMACH AS DO THE OTHER SICKLY SWEET SYRUPY COMPONENTS...

c3c
c3c

Well I had to change my opinion of the cap here because I was cruising perfumes online and saw a picture of a vintage perfume with a very similar bottle style and almost exactly the same top but in clear plastic. So it seems Betsey Johnson has cloned a vintage bottle of perfume (unfortunately they had no idea what it was)for this endeavor. Just thought I'd share that because I was really surprised to see it. That said, on to the perfume...

The opening makes me think of a sweet Viva La Juicy blending to sweet VLJ with a touch of Escada Magnetism. I like both Magnetism and VLJ so it works for me. Definitely sweet, so if your not a sweet lover you've been warned.

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

I've tested it today. It smells similar to L de Lolita Lempicka. But Betsey Johnson is more fruity and musky? The lasting power is good. I like it but I dont love it. The bottle is cute, looks like barbie's accessories.

neeta1711
neeta1711

Beautiful bottle and love everything Betsey Johnson. However, this was such a disappointment! Too sweet, too heavy and gone in 60 minutes! never again.

kawaiiamaiai
kawaiiamaiai

This perfume is extremely too heavy for me. I did not ever get any fruit the times I've tried it. The floral is very heavy and almost smells sour. I guess that must be the lemon. For me -- even when smelling it straight from the bottle, on blotter paper, or on the skin, this perfume is all dry down scents. Very heavy and VERY woodsy.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

At first, the fragrance was okay on me. Sweet, yes. Like amber and praline doused in a flowery and fruity syrup. Within an hour, the amber dominated the entire fragrance (think Gaultier2), which made it suffocating and thick. After two hours had passed, the scent lingering on my skin was that of a box of assorted chocolates and caramels, but it was still being overshadowed by the amber. With the level of syrupy-sweetness in this perfume, I thought the heaviness of the amber was unnecessary. It ruined an otherwise likable fragrance for me.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Ive smelled this on other people and hate it! I can't imagine how awful it would smell on me. Not on my list of "To Haves" thats for sure!

ignis
ignis

This one requires the wearer to posses a sweet tooth. In spite of it being ultra sweet, i believe it definitely has an edge, a very quirky edge.

It's a very eccentric type of a scent, much like the designer that's behind it. To me it's almost like a caricature of the girly-girl image, with lots of fun, humour and creativity. Almost like a well done joke, and that's why i like it.

When i smell this, i get the image of a burlesque performer, dressed as a cross between a little girl and a cute clown, and i don't mean it in a negative way!

The bottle's body and cap fit this over-the-top-sweet-scent very well with it's over sized pink plastic ornate cap and a vase-like body. As others mentioned, it does make me think of Barbies, but with a twist.

To me, this is "Barbie's gone crazy and wild." It's like a beautiful and ideal girl who ends up in the Insane Asylum, but manages to pull all of that off to her advantage and make a career out of her story.

Interestingly enough, the overall bottle and box were designed by the same agency that produced the packaging and ad materials for Muse by Oilily - Win Communications from Aachen, Germany.

Being a graphic designer myself, i noted the similarities in the overall look and feel of both products' packaging. I was initially drawn to both of their designs, although i haven't had the chance to try Muse just yet.

Anyway, i'm really starting to wonder whether Muse by Oilily may share anything (as far as the scent goes) with Betsey Johnson...

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought this again today and I bought Amor Amor yesterday and I can say that these two scents are similar except Betsey is fruity and Amor Amor has a rose type of smell but they are both great.I think this is my favorite of all.

guest_CHOCHE
guest_CHOCHE

I have never tried this perfume and i really want to. One of my friends wears it and everytime i smell it on her i cant stop smelling her arm haha. No but seriously i hope it smells that good on me because it smells amazing on her!

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

If you like Britney Spears Fantasy or Fendi's Fantasia you will like this one too. Very very sweet gourmand scent. This is not for me, one sniff made me gag. I can't bare with such over the top sweet scents anymore.

Amirasin
Amirasin

I was so annoyed when i tried this perfume on me i really really hated it. It actually made me gag :( I think it might just be me cus most of these reviews are great but i would run a mile if i was sat near someone with this on (if the smell was the same on them as it was on me)
It reminded me of old peoples sharp musky perfume mixed with a really sweet scent. Maybe i got a bad one...:S It also reminded me of a mouldy greenhouse smell
I really love Betsey Johnson. Im gutted :(

Foody fruit. Not bad, but strong on the pear and apple and definitely has vanilla in it, along with coconut. It's much more like a body spray mix than a perfume. Smells rather like a very expensive version of Exclamation. No sale.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Viva la Juicy and Fancy smell way better than this, IMO. Theres something very cheap and plasticky about this fragrance, and the bottle is so tacky looking. Viva La Juicy is the reigning champ of gourmandy sweet scents, with Fancy close behind

Perfumedsecrets

I've had this perfume for a couple years now and there have been several copies. I instantly assumed they were copies of Betsey because her perfume was the first like it. Fruity, fresh and bright with a delicious caramel vanilla and amber base. Viva La Juicy comes to mind.... and Jessica Simpson Fancy. There are several others. I wish the top was glass or at least not a bending plastic. I guess it is sort of tacky but pretty at the same time. The bottle shape reminds me of a woman's hourglass figure. And the cap is like a showgirl's headpiece or something. This is a "tacky, but I love it" kind of perfume.

essija
essija

Great perfume, this reminds me of L'Lolita Lempicka but I like this one better, its calmer on the gourmand side, I can only take so much gourmand if you know what I mean, this is very nice. I get a lot of praline left on the drydown, wouldnt wear this everyday but would wear it enough to get a bottle.. Nice job on this one!

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

i just bought this today unsniffed....upon first spritz, i was afraid it would be overwhelmingly sweet and chemical smelling. As it dried, the floral notes emerged more, and toned down the sweetness of the fruits. I can say that i am pleased with my purchase. I can see myself wearing this in the spring and on into summer.

now when i wear it, it smells like liquid candy on me. It definitely has a syrupy, artificial quality to it upon first being sprayed. I like the drydown though...it is slightly oriental. I don't wear it as much anymore but i will when the mood strikes me.

sfsassy
sfsassy

I had this perfume for a while now and I still really love it. It does remind me of juicy peach alcohol drinks. Great bottle too!

Manuella
Manuella

I don't like the fragrance at all.
To me it smells like I've been out all night drinking .... it smells like alcohol.
Just strange scent.
Not for me!

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

My daughter absolutely loves this perfume. I smell the floral notes much more than the fruit notes, although the fruit is still there...just not really strong and syrupy..at least on her. Together with the lotion, it is a winning combination.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I really like this one, it's so yummy. Is it just me or does it smell an awful lot like Chanels' 'Chance'? Maybe it's just the orangey-ness in it, but that's just what it seems like to me.

TGrace123
TGrace123

I really like this fragrence, i never heard of it before intill the sales lady pointed it out to me, Personally i think the flowers are more noticable in this perfume , but it does have a very nice fruit smell to it.

coco76
coco76

i too anticipated this fragrance...i have been wanting to try it for awhile and a good friend sent me a sample the other day:)
first of all, i don't get fruity juiciness and i cannot smell the pear or the blackcurrant at all. that being said, it was still a sweet and girly scent to me with a musky undertone of vamp to it. to me, this perfume smells like Burberry brit red and Amarige Mariage got together and had a little baby....totally amarige mariage at the beginning, with the sweet muskiness of burberry brit at the end.
i think my chemistry really brings out the amber in some perfumes, so much so that it tunes everything else out.
not a disappointment, but i really prefer brit red.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Surprisingly well put together, although definitely a sparkling fruitfest. I recommend it as a summer picnic scent for early 20-somethings. A happy little scent!

elgab89
elgab89

I am sorry to disagree with everybody here, but I have to confess that I really had high hopes on trying this perfume, based on the descriptions I read here. Also, I loooooove Betsey's Johnson shoes. So, as you can tell, I was really high on expectations. I almost bought it without opening it or trying it.
Unfortunately, although the bottle looks quite flamboyant and eccentric in the picture, I found it looking cheap and toy-like in reality. The cap is plastic and looks more like a Barbie perfume for little girls, than a sexy vial for a diva.
The perfume is really sweet - do not get me wrong, I do like sweet perfumes, too - however this one is on the verge of syrupy. All I got from it was over the top sweet lemonade, furthermore strengthening my believe that this scent was created for young Barbie loving girls. Sorry, I do not find it oriental at all - more like fruity!

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

One of the best smelling fragrances in the world! But it doesn't last at all! It is too expensive for that!

sweetcarousel
sweetcarousel

I loveeee this. One of my favorites hands down. Very fresh. The floral and fruits compliment each other perfectly. I have both the perfume and lotion. The packaging and bottle are sooo pretty. I hope she comes out with moreeeee~

guest_rogersgirl
guest_rogersgirl

This perfume is perfection!!! its soft, lightly sweet, juicy, not a heavy perfume.I can't stop smelling my wrists when i am wearing it. The bottle is adorable and alsoI love the cute box the perfume comes in.This is my all time favorite perfume next to Hypnotic Poison by Dior. Will I buy this perfume again? yes, and will even buy the 100ml at that. A must try for sure:)

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This perfume is by far the juiciest perfume I've ever smelled or owned, with the craziest looking bottle cap I've ever seen :) It's a fun and crazy fragrance, just like Betsey's personality. Jam-packed with fruit, so delicious you may even want to taste it, so be warned ;). A perfect succulent scent, totally juiced up.