Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Dolce di Giorno Bois 1920 for women and men

Dolce di Giorno Bois 1920 for women and men
dislike

cinnamon

Bois 1920 introduced the Limited Art Collection in 2013 to evoke the legacy of the Galardi family and to pay homage to all loyal customers of the Bois 1920 brand. Each fragrance in the Limited Art Collection was produced in a small run of just 1,920 numbered and certified bottles of 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Dolce di Giorno was launched in 2013. Top notes are grapefruit, bergamot, cinnamon and pepper; middle notes are plum, cypriol oil or nagarmotha, thyme and cardamom; base notes are patchouli, cashmere wood, sandalwood, vetiver, cedar, labdanum, vanilla and Lignum vitae (guaiac wood).

Grapefruit Bergamot Cinnamon Pepper

Parfum De La Nuit No 3

Dolce di Giorno Fragrance Reviews

Giv
Giv

سلیقه بویایی متفاوته ولی توصیه میکنم قبل خریدحتماتست کنید،یه بوی عجیبی داره که ربطی به این نوتهایی که بیشترین امتیازوآوردن نداره وبیشترزنونست.گول امتیازبالاشونخوریدبه این قیمت نمی ارزه.4/10

Theonespriggan
Theonespriggan

Got a chance to pick this up in Florence recently. I've had my eye on a Bois 1920 frag for awhile, based on my friends Sushi Imperiale he had. I loved this one from the first smell. The spice and plum notes compliment each other well, and the woodsy top note brings it all together. An excellent oriental frag. Longevity is outstanding and it performs well in cooler temperatures. Bois gets a bad rap for being overpriced, and true they are on the pricier side, but this one is def worth a sniff.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Plum, woods, cinnamon, black pepper, that's about it.
In the same family with Baume du doge.
Beautiful oriental, the plum here is very similar to the one in Gold Leather but less strong and pungent.. I love the perfume, but I cannot help and wonder how many spicy orientals are enough .... Although I appreciate it, I was expecting something gourmand, sweeter, given the Dolce name . I find myself craving a simple vanilla or some fresh flowers after this one. Still , I never smelled a bad Bois 1920 and this doesn't disappoint .
My favourites however remain Come L'Amore and La Vaniglia. Also very good are Real Patchouli and Sandalo The.

Johnnyacl
Johnnyacl

Nice scent, but nothing more.

picknenders
picknenders

Identical to costume nationale homme, but with s softer clove note. Certainly no need to have both.

I'm wearing dolce on my left arm, costume on my right - and I just can't tell a difference. It's my own dumbass fault for blind buying dolce without doing my research - but how can companies do this? It's literally identical to another company's fragrance. Oh well. I guess it can be a backup.

The scent itself is enjoyable. Clove, cinnamon, spice - fairly intense. Masculine. Definitely winter. I don't smell plum whatsoever - unless it's a weird variant that I'm not familiar with. I get cinnamon and clove.

MetalMan
MetalMan

I have a lot on my mind these days - and I can't cease the burning questions of what my life would have been like if I had done something else at so many pivotal points - education, love, location, friendships, jobs, and the list goes on. I've always taken my time to make decisions and have, unfortunately, hesitated at a lot of moments that I believed were trivial at the time - I was dead wrong. So much of my life has been derailed because I cannot find what I need to in the time I needed to - I can't decipher what's important until it's done and gone. I think those who have it figured out have a civil duty to share that knowledge for those who are eager but lost! I digress...it's another grey and cool day in my land, so I felt like tucking into something cozy and unintentionally sexy - Dolce di Giornio!

Oh my gawd! I cannot resist the sexuality that oozes from this scent - it is my Kryptonite! If I ever came across a woman wearing this....I legally could not be held responsible for my actions!! Thankfully, I have never come across anyone wearing this. It opens with a sultry spiced plum - very crisp and clear notes of a narcotic nutmeg, powdery cinnamon and clove, and a juicy plum all drenched in a syrupy labdanum! YUM! Somewhere in the depths of this gooey goodness there is a touch of smoky and green cypriol to counter some of the richness - but I sadly cannot find many of the notes....patchouli is elusive as is most of the wood notes. I do get a very rich and creamy sandalwood alongside the labdanum and vanilla - maybe it's a modified sandalwood accord (sandalwood as the main attraction and the other wood notes accentuate its nuances ) in the base. Whatever the case, it creates a sense of gratifying warmth - like snuggling with your true love, deeply satisfying with a trace of carnal sexuality. Simply blissful! Even though my life is in disarray, this makes me feel like I've made the right choice somewhere along the way.

Day 11 - Another way
Listening to: Tame Impala - Past Life

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

*To the opening strains of Beethoven's 5th* PLUM PLUM PLUM PLUMMMMMM!
...and no, that isn't a snarky judgement. More like me doing a happy dance at how delightfully the plum here is carried off. It would be very easy to read the top and heart notes and mistake it for a rather "interesting" mulled wine recipe, but here the sum of all the parts truly is greater than the whole....or the whole is greater than the sum of... oh whatever.
Upon application the grapefruit and cinnamon are very apparent, but they rapidly soften as the dry plum boost kicks in. This particular plum is just SO right in my esteem! Just enough sweetness and bouquet to announce what it is, but not so sweet as to go down the candied fruit path.
I believe it's the nagarmotha giving a slightly animalic, musky tang as well. This seems to sustain its note quite consistently, allowing for the plum to swell, and the woods to warm up and join in.
Although there is something underneath that gives it a very slight synthetic feel (or maybe it's just the particular vanillin), I don't feel that it's so strong as to be a downside.
The drydown really is something special to behold, as the spices and plum soften into the cushiony woods.
Very much a YES from me!

Q80
Q80

It's a lovely day, this is a pepper dance, pepper festival day! i smell a huge amount of pepper with side effect of cardamom sweetened with either vanilla OR cinnamon and not both, & most likely it is vanilla cause i can't smell that Christmas cinnamon in this juice! i guess something woody is there but not cedar. so after all it's spicy sweet which makes it good if it's within the price range. not risky but happy.

i didn't like it from the first spray, but after several tries it became quite good. to be honest, sometimes i get the feeling that i want to sneeze! don't know whither if it's because i know there is allot of pepper, or it does truly makes me wanna sneeze! and ironically i didn't sneeze for this so far :D

isanie
isanie

Why are lots of wonderful scents labelled as being "more for men"? I beg to differ. This is magical stuff, I'm immediately under this perfume's spell. Mysterious, warm,cinnamon... Lots of woody goodness, it doesn't get any better! Too bad the price tag is a bit hefty, but it's going on my list anyway.
Update: the only thing that bugs me is there seems to be a strong musky note showing up after a while.. Strange- as musk isn't .in the list of notes. I'll have to test a bit more, I guess. Still, the beginning is epic, I just wish it lasted longer.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

The more I discover the house BOIS 1920 (and the work of Enzo Galardi & grandfather), the more I am fascinated by the quality of their offerings. Dolce di Giorno seems to me the sweet woody cousin of Vento nel Vento which is more balsamic. Imagine a very distinctive cedar note but well surrounded by woods and resinous warmth. The dry down, as mentioned by 99twiga, keeps its complexity. I do not get much of the citrus accord but the pungent freshness of pepper is balanced by a light but sweet & dark plum. Absolutely irresistible from opening to dry down.
Like most of the BOIS 1920, the longevity is very good, 7-8 hrs. On the other hand the projection/sillage is subtle, discreet. I can't complain. It is precisely what I look for in a fragrance.

A true pleasure witnessing all these notes unfold.
DOLCE DI GIORNO as in... sooo good!!!

99twiga
99twiga

Considerably more on the Gents side of the unisex measure

A nice blend of cedar, sandelwood, thyme, cinnamon and cardomom swimming together, none bolder than the other. There is a faint and good tangy wood, maybe gaiac, in the area

This is a fragrance, you won't get lulled into thinking this is a wood, or flower, or fruit. Also, it just doesn't fade to a single base, hangs in there complex all the way to the end.

The closest fragrance might be Opus IV, but, far enough away to not overlap.

Sillage 4/5
Longevity 4/5

Bought it an that was an easy decision.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Recently I received a sample of this from MiN. This is a very well made, lightly balanced fragrance. Started off green/woods with just a peep of floral underneath, and after three hours is very soft, the patchouli pokes its head out but doesn't jump out at you, and I can smell a bit of the cinnamon, a bit of powder, a bit of sandalwood. It has a wee touch of soapiness to it that makes me think there might be lavender in this but I don't see it listed in the notes description? Three hours after applying this, Dolce is very soft; you could wear this in a professional environment quite easily, in my humble opinion. This is a nice unisex fragrance, but I'd really like to smell it on a man. I think it's better suited to men, but that's just my opinion...

sharmap14
sharmap14

spicy musky powdery soft somewhat floral. also the drydown is lovable.. i sprayed this and the oltremare and i bought both without a second thought

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bois 1920 Dolce di Giorno fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bois 1920 Dolce di Giorno, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.