Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
tobacco
oud
Eau Parfumee au The Noir Bvlgari for women and men Pictures Eau Parfumee au The Noir Bvlgari for women and men Pictures Eau Parfumee au The Noir Bvlgari for women and men Pictures

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee collection is inspired by the variety of tea flavors. The fragrances include Eau Parfumee au The Vert from 1992, Eau Parfumee au The Blanc from 2003, Eau Parfumee au The Rouge from 2006 and Eau Parfumee au The Bleu from 2015.

In the second half of 2015, the collection is joined by the new fragrance with aroma of black tea - Eau Parfumee au The Noir. The composition is signed by perfumer Jacques Cavallier. The scent is elegant, deep and oriental. It contains accords of black tea, Damascus rose, tobacco, leather, oud, wood bark and patchouli.

The fragrance is available in quantities of 75 ml and 150 ml.

Black Tea Tobacco Damask Rose Agarwood (Oud) Patchouli Woody Notes Leather

Eau du Fier
Russian Caravan Tea

Eau Parfumee au The Noir Fragrance Reviews

bfactor
bfactor

All I can smell is oud and some bitter burnt cigar. I cannot detect any tea?

Eurochic
Eurochic

Simplified review: Bvlgari Black minus the vanilla.

I don't get any oud in this.

gazzaz
gazzaz

this is by no means an oud....to me it smells like a lit cigarette without the annoying smoke and softened with the rose. it is the mix of tea tobacco and rose that dominate this scent in my opinion....

Beaufort
Beaufort

This is very similar to the iconic Bvlagari Black in the round flacon.I've tried them both back-to-back and I actually prefer The Noir to Bvlgari Black !!!
This fragrance also has echoes of Annick Goutal's Eau du Fier.
A very unique and beautiful fragrance. A must try !

tbm473
tbm473

On first sniff, it smells heavily of wood and chypre, but it really develops and evolves over a few hours on the skin. The dry down is hard to pin down: it continually shifts from black tea, to oud, to rose, back to tea again. I agree with Tiwalii's description - it's sexy and warm, like being wrapped up in a cashmere throw sitting on a leather couch in front of a fire.

andy812
andy812

Wow!!!!!! band-aid oud/tea/leather. All mixed sooooo well. The best scent from bvgari ever.

Silvery
Silvery

STALL and hay scent it is! It's because of the interesting combination of tobacco and leather notes I think. They're dominating the fragrance, a hint of tea and oud can be detected but I can't feel the other notes like patch and rose. I smelled i on paper, wonder what it's like on skin.

mothwings
mothwings

See Tiwalii's review for the real notes. This is nicely mysterious but there is something off-putting about the combination of notes that keeps me from enjoying it fully. It does smell leathery and ever so slightly fruity in a weird way. I really cannot detect the tea. Overall it's just not for me.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

I’m not sure this is primarily a tea scent and if it’s true there’s no leather in it I wonder where the leather vibe comes from. To me Eau Parfumee au The Noir is very dry and…unusual?!? It kinda smells like a leather-handled straw bag carrying a black tea box, some flowers wrapped in paper — white thick recycled paper with its own peculiar smell — and tobacco leaves. Oud is a rather faint presence and together with tobacco creates the smokiness in the background. All in all, bit too ‘polished’ and ‘tamed’ for my tastes.

Calvini
Calvini

Great stuff! It's like a tribute to the original Bvlgari Black and the whole tea collection (The one to end it all)! It's a VERY leathery (+smoky) black tea with some rose and minimal "oud"; I don't know how some can perceive it as a rose-oud dominant scent because it isn't (although it has a "touch" of Zegna's Indonesian Oud made by the same nose)..

To be honest, none of the tea fragrances from this brand smells like the said tea except maybe Rouge and this (while The Bleu is also very tea-like, it's supposed to be Chinese Oolong, which bears no resemblance), so you can either single this one out for no good reason or simply move-on to Jo Malone's new Rare Teas :)

soil
soil

Can you smell any other notes when Oud and Rose have been used in a perfume ?!
without Oud&Rose, Bvlgari Noir could have been a good perfume.

lovescully
lovescully

I'm with viridian on this latest Eau Parfumee release from Bvlgari. As much as I love Vert (Extreme), Rouge and Blanc, I will not be adding Noir to my collection.

It's a perfectly presentable EDC style fragrance, but not at all what I was expecting from the notes or description. The description of a "deep and oriental" fragrance is in my mind a tad misleading. Although it's got an oriental sensibility to it thanks to the combination of rose and (a somewhat synthetic) oud, it's far from deep and in contrast is rather fleeting. Even the patchouli seems to be missing in action!

The darkness or 'Noir' comes only from the woody aspects as I couldn't detect any discernible black tea note as listed above. The fleeting presence of leather and tobacco couldn't save this for me.

Had this been all about black tea (as suggested), rather than oud and 'woody' notes this could have been an absolute stunner. As it is I just can't get enthused by Bvlgari's latest Eau Parfumee. I'm yet to test Bleu and I'm hoping that it will not disappoint.

viridian
viridian

I've tried Noir a couple of times this past week to get a fair impression of this scent. I love and wear Vert, Blanc and Bleu but this will not join them in my collection. It's a real fork in the road and to me doesn't feel part of the Eaux collection. I can't detect any tea in the mix - it's just another strong, smokey, spicy, oud fragrance. Not what I was expecting at all. I'd hoped for a dark, dry, malty black tea maybe with a bit of bergamot like a really top quality Earl Grey. Maybe that's next? Eaux Gris? Yes please!

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

The correct notes:
Top Notes: Rose Absolute - Bergamot Essence
Heart Notes: Black Tea Accord - Magnolia Essence
Base Notes: Oud Wood - Patchouli

This is an interesting take on tea. Smells very refreshing, yet elegant.

It feels like sitting in a room with dark wood panels, in a vintage Chesterfield sofa, with an elegant, english porcelaine cup filled with fragrant quality Earl Grey in your hands. On the table in front of you there is a crystal vase filled with freshly picked roses and magnolias from the garden.

It's a cologne type of scent, so it is not very strong, and therefore the oud is not very harsh either. It just gives the scent that dark wood and leather feeling, and also adds a soft smokyness that's barely there.

The heart of the scent, which blooms with an amazingly rich rose and magnolia combo, reminds me a lot about Green Tea Camellia from Elizabeth Arden. For me that is a good thing, because it's one of my tea favourites.

I really like it!

Sillage is soft, and longevity is 5-6 hours on my skin, which is quite good for a cologne I would say. :)

Woah! This is one of the most unique things I've smelled in a while, I can honestly say I haven't come across something quite like The Noir. I was encouraged to try it in store at first on a card and couldn't really get to grips with it? Having worn it now I can't say I'm any the wiser?
Contrary to some of the thoughts expressed below, I get loads of tea from this fragrance especially in the opening but undoubtedly continuing throughout. Bvlgari do have a bit of a love affair with tea and I have to say I really love the original Men's fragrance, without actually owning a bottle. (I must put that right one day) The tea in this is not typical, black tea but much more oriental, dark fragrant but still with a metallic edge. Tobacco and oud give this strange concoction a smokey depth which further adds to the tea, and with a hint of rose in there this fragrance is full to the brim with interest. I get a patchouli base which comes on more in the drydown but is yet again adding to the contradictory, clean meets dirty, natural vibes of this whole perfume.
I could talk and talk about this fragrance and despite my seemingly glowing appraisal, at the end of the day I came to the conclusion...I don't like The Noir. It has some properties I just can't abide and I'd even go as far to say the dry down gets even worse but as a perfume composition, I think it's truly excellent and something I'd love to grow on me. So Bravo Jacques Cavallier! I'm even that much of an adventurer now that I kinda want to add this to my collection, rather than sticking to safe stuff which ticks wear-ability boxes for me. I want to be challenged and this juice did that.
Performance was pretty good too and the silage was a silent creeper, that keeps letting you know it's there. Fascinating stuff, I'd encourage anyone to try this.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Just tested today.

Nothing to do with the previous Eaux Parfumées. Nothing fresh. Nothing sweet. This is an utterly dry and smoky fragance, more masculine than unisex. It is suposed to be based on black tea, but I can not detect any black tea, but some sort of Lapsang Souchong and Pu Erh tea, with hints of Arabian attar (due to the oudh, I suppose). It is original, indeed, round and full bodied, but it is not for everybody. I suggest to test before buying. Sillage and lasting power are moderate.

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

A very interesting break from the rest of the tea line, this is a markedly darker and thicker perfume than the others. The most prominent notes are Rose and Leather, to the point where the tea note is very difficult to pick out. This is, however, supposed to be black tea, and so the note is likely tightly integrated into the tobacco and patchouli (themselves also playing a distant background role). Thankfully, this is not a fruity floral or a cloying, sandbagged oriental. It is a clear, forward leaning leather; perhaps ostensibly chypre-like (if we are trying to fit this into a category).

The overall effect is like that of new gloves; a very smooth, slightly powdery leather. The soft rose has a feminine feel, but the bitterness of the leather prevents it from being a fully feminine perfume. It smells like the kind of "house signature" a luxury goods manufacturer would perfume their womens line with; the kind of fragrance women would step into the store just to smell, would covet for as long as their new purchase would give it, and would be desperate to own despite how jealously guarded it is by the house (and not sold as a retail fragrance).

There is not much in the way of evolution; the leather becomes more powdery and the rose stays on top throughout the 8 hour lifespan. Sillage and projection is on the moderate to heavy side.

Those who enjoy Dsquared Potion Royal Black are encouraged to try this (and even those that dont). By the standards of the community, this may be considered slightly masculine, but any rose prominent scent is always somewhat feminine to my nose, and as such I would say this is firmly unisex.

However, I think it may find its truest home on a very sultry, smoldering woman.

acidnbase
acidnbase

A deep and elegant oriental scent which focuses on black tea and accentuated with tobacco, rose and oud giving it a Middle Eastern vibe.. It is a well-balanced concoction and although it comes in cologne intense concentration, the performance is satisfactory.. I would indulge myself of this scent at any given time.. Please do yourself a favor and try it if you get the chance..

Gwdbe
Gwdbe

As the bottle look so good hope the content will be as good as it appears.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

its an adorable perfume , far from the heaviness of oud , it is oriental yes , but soft romantic and shining .
Tobacco & tea leaves are here to soother the strength of oud and rose .
Likely this perfume is the mix of most matching ingredient together in a well balanced proportions .
i loved it really from the 1st sniff .
Merci Bvlgary , Merci Mr.Jacques Cavallier .

querelle
querelle

Unfortunately it is not a resurrection of Bvlgari Black, it's just another oud perfume for a very specific clientele. Disappointing, to say the least..

skriszke
skriszke

Resurrection of Bvlgari Black would be very welcome here, because I cannot buy that on the Holland market anymore. Although the new The Noir does not have the vanilla note. But tobacco makes me very excited, can’t wait to try this!

auroramaria
auroramaria

Great: set of notes and stunning bottle nice one from Bvlgari

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Parfumee au The Noir by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Parfumee au The Noir by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.