Designers » B » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Blanche Byredo for women

Blanche Byredo for women
dislike

aldehydic

Blanche is a fragrance by Byredo introduced in 2009. Just like its name suggests, the perfume is dedicated to white colour. It is airy and simple in its structure, but captures thoughts about a certain person who inspired the creator with its innocence.

The perfume opens with white roses, pink pepper and aldehydes. A heart includes violet, neroli and peony. A base is enriched with blond wood, sandalwood and musk. The perfume is available as EDP 100ml.

Pink Pepper Rose Aldehydes

African Orange flower Violet Peony

Woodsy Notes Sandalwood Musk

Asalat Al Musk
Almost Bare

Blanche Fragrance Reviews

Sahar_Pourhashemi
Sahar_Pourhashemi

In my country (Iran), It's kind of a custom to wash the carpets at the very last days of the year, to get cleaned and ready for the New Year to come. I spent my childhood whole in a house with a vast yard and a great green garden, and we used to wash the carpets once a year in that big yard. But why do I talk about those days? The notes of Byredo Blanch, bit by bit, remind me of those days. It's soapy: Just like the moments we scattered the washing-powder on wet surface of the carpet. It's cooling: just like the moments we knelt on the wet carpet to wash it with washing brush- I can feel the chill of the water coming up from my legs and spreading through my body (♥). It evokes brightness in my mind: just like the moments we finished the work and laid on the wet surface of warmed-by-sun mosaics of the yard floor, and watched the rays of sun scattering throughout the clouds.
It's not my cup of tea, but I will buy it for sure to retain a piece of nostalgic memories of my childhood days in a bottle.

Aquarky63
Aquarky63

This review is for the hair perfume. It is my go to after a light workout or yoga when I need a quick refresh. Quick rinse, dry shampoo and then this in your hair is a great way to freshen up. Light white floral, lovely and clean. I get compliments all the time and last week even got a "delicious" from my husbands boss, no less! While some note the clean simple smell, it is really lovely for the hair perfume. Modern and minimalist spray looks lovely alongside my Chanel and La Prarie products!

SeraphinaH
SeraphinaH

The previous reviewer, who said this smells like ones hands after washing with a pleasant rose scented soap, was DEAD ON. There is a sweetness to this too, and also an unexpected cool cucumber smell that wafts up occasionally. This is layered and beautifully blended at the same time, like all Byredo scents.

freclean
freclean

simply, laundry clean smell, nothing more nothing less, wouldn't buy it again cause there is lots of cheaper options that smells the same if not better FOR EXAMPLE
( clean's fragrances )

ranchorita
ranchorita

To my nose, this is straight aldehydic floral. It is a bright scent, and I agree with other reviewers that there's a crisp cleanness to Blanche. The fragrance is intense, but not overpowering, and seems like a good Spring fragrance, to me.

adice
adice

This came in a discovery set, falls into the sort of "industrial clean" scent category which I generally really dislike (ex. Clean perfumes, Pure Grace by Philosophy etc.), this was no exception.

Shoppingdoll
Shoppingdoll

My favorite Byredo. It's clean, fresh and can be worn everyday. Yet it's not boring either... there's something else here beneath the cleanliness. Although it has good projection and great sillage, you can wear it anywhere and it won't offend. I'm addicted and can't get enough of this scent and love to re-spray throughout the day.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Blanche by Byredo is clean aldehydes, crisp peony, soft musk, soapy orange blossom, and lush rose with just a pinch of pepper. This fragrance reminds me of cold tap water. Imagine wading out into a clear icy river that feels bone chilling yet refreshing at the same time. You bend your knees slipping below the surface before standing back up and inhaling. You feel the current pushing against you and the smooth stones beneath your feet. You feel awake and alive as you look at the beautiful scenery around you. Stepping back out on to the riverbank you pick up your towel and wrap it around you smelling the soapy detergent you use to wash your linens. Smiling as the wind combs through your wet hair. I think Byredo is such an amazing fragrance brand because each one of their scents truly conjures up a memory. A time, a place, a color, a feeling can all be brought to the forefront of your mind and that is pretty powerful considering scent in the strong sense tied to memory. Blanch is a beautiful fragrance, I absolutely love it and it definitely embodies tranquility and serenity.

Lovely_D
Lovely_D

Like the other Byredo fragrances I've tried, this smells "layered." That is, what I smell on my skin when I put my nose to it is different from what wafts to my nose all day. I very much prefer the layer that travels up to my nose, as it's more feminine, exquisite, and pleasant. If only this fragrance was a single layer of that note. The multiple dimensions you get simultaneously make Byredo perfumes so deceptive and a little annoying to be honest.

Overall, this perfume evokes a baby nursery room that is super cute, tidy, and cozy with muted colors... something you would see in a kid's storybook illustration.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

I expected Byredo Blanche to be a hazy cloud of soapy "whiteness", and it opens almost like this: clean powdery white musk with cool aldehyde, except that the aldehyde feels fizzy and not in the sharp soapy way that I despise.

Interestingly, during the first two hours, the aldehyde, while initially bond within the white musk, starts to emerge, like high towers covered by metallic surfaces break through the cloud. The cool aldehyde now feels even more fizzy and kind of minty. It tingles the nose, but in a vibrant, dynamic way, like the effervescent bubbles of a gin cocktail.

However, the aldehyde bubbles are not meant to last, just like the bubbles in a soft drink. Starting from the third hour, the cool aldehyde is now again enclosed in the white musk cloud. While the fragrance still retains a cool, almost minty feeling, it also becomes more muddy and gets surprisingly sweet when the abstract floral, almost rosy/orange blossom undertone becomes more apparent.

Blanche is fairly linear afterwards. The sillage is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 7 hours.

I would say Blanche is a clean, cool, modern white fragrance alright, but its almost murky white musk in the dry down does not evoke to me the freshly washed laundry hung under the sun like Serge Lutens L'Eau or Narciso Rodriguez Essence do, both being more transparent and luminous. Instead, it makes me think of laundry on a grey day, which is unable to get dry in time and starts to develop the earthy humid sweetness. I would recommend it to those who enjoy clean white musk and cool aldehyde in general, but I do think it's more opaque and sweeter than a few in the same genre.

aliasmia
aliasmia

Smells like clean towels or nice kids soap. I have couple of Byredo but this one is a fall... I can enjoy light perfume too, but this is tooo plain. Unless you just want to spent $200 for a hand soap smell, then I guess go for it.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

I read a ton of reviews before ordering a handful of samples - and to be honest, the reviews had me expecting to not like this at all.

I thought it would be the "meh" scent of the bunch, but wanted to get as many as I could so I threw it in the cart.

Just goes to show how unique each of our preferences are, because to me, this is luxurious.

Luxury to me is definitely not how others would perceive it to be. I'm not drawn to rich scents, occasionally, but more often than not I'm drawn to airy and fresh scents.

This feels like cashmere to me, pale blue cashmere with early morning light, white sunshine... I can totally see wearing this on a cool winter morning.

This is both comforting and refreshing. The aldehydes are truly modern here - no sharp lines or harsh edges. I actually adore soapy notes and am getting none, so maybe it's just my chemistry. This dies down into an rosy, -almost- milky, sweet musk.

It opens like fresh air on me, no distinct notes, the floral notes are all blended seamlessly. I get a slightly fuzzy feel from this, but it's all at such a distance that it's not overwhelming and just the opposite - this calms me. Like wearing cashmere.

I do see why many people would be irritated by this, being so expensive, yet so light.

I get decent longevity from Blanche - about 4 hours if sprayed moderately and I'm assuming if paired with the oil or lotion, 5-6 hours.

You cannot over spray this one, you just need to be okay with justifying the price tag.

~minimalist heaven~

Soofiya
Soofiya

I don't hate soapy scents as I used to before,I even enjoy them when I'm in the right mood but I can't convince myself to buy them when they cost an arm and a leg
Byredo blanche is a modern aldehydic fragrance,starts with a burst of aldehydes,bright,clean and sharp,,I can't smell nothing,but aldehydes for a couple of minutes,but after ten minutes they calm down and linger on skin in combination with a clean musk..I can't smell that much of other notes,just some floral sharpness of peony and some violets
Soapy fragrances are not my things but I don't hate this one because it's not too sharp and musk adds a very faint hint of sweetness,but it's still too much laundry clean..albeit I love clean scents,but when they smell like a clean skin washed with luxurious products and moistened with a nice body lotion,not cleanness of washed towels and white sheets
It's longlasting but sillage is soft,almost a skinscent
❤❤
P.s:it reminds me smell of newly washed hands with a rosey soap..now I like it more but still not as a costy niche perfume but I would like it as a non expensive bodymist(I have a bodymist named fresh white musk,it's musk+aldehydes+white florals,this one can pass as a rosey flanker of that one)

Emma0714
Emma0714

This is such a minimalistic scent that it is almost cliché. It's like an Instagram feed filled with superclean white (Scandinavian) homes. A white, shiny, super tidy desk with expensive stationary and a cup of black coffee.

BUT, there is always a but. I LIKE IT! This actually smells like the Byredo bottles look like.

This is a modern aldehyde fragrance, nothing sharp about it, and it marries the musk beautifully. But alas, it is soapy and you could ABSOLUTELY find a cheaper alternative.

It just goes with the theme I guess, an overpriced perfume, and a 900 dollar plain white table to put it on. And then add a ficus. And a filter.

esmerelda4
esmerelda4

This perfume makes me think of Switzerland... which is strange because I've never been to Switzerland. It conjures up images of nuns in white habits by a bright blue seaside and silver screen actresses taking spa retreats to Europe for their "constitution" back in the 20's. Its a soapy clean, light floral scent with a heart of white musk and a slight peppery note to keep it from falling into bland. For such a clean and simple scent, its incredibly evocative. I'm really enjoying this scent today-its perfect for a relaxed errands-only kind of sunday.

Therealbeatrixkiddo
Therealbeatrixkiddo

I bought the oil rollerball at net-a-porter almost a year ago, so I guess I wasn't all that into this fragrance for a while. Now that I've come to really like aldehydes (which are all I can smell in this perfume), I carry his rollerball in my purse to work now that it's spring and it smells very light and clean. I'm really an oriental, powerhouse kind of woman but I work as a home remodeler and this one fells like it keeps me smelling less sweaty and covered in drywall dust. I don't think I will buy this again, though. Just too linear and modern/minima
Istic, and I prefer something sexier.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

I thought I would get a nice clean, fresh little white musk/floral. But NO!

Made me burst out laughing when I sprayed it on. Straight up Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum on me. And that is how it stayed. LMFAO! Really. That is it on my skin. It's a full on candy sweet crystallized sugar gourmand on me. Nothing soapy, floral, or musky. Just Bubble Gum. Nummy. LOL

leenersss
leenersss

I strongly disagree the comment below that this perfume smells like Paris Hilton Heiress. I used to own Heiress and they do not smell similar at all. Heiress smells more like tropical fruit/bubble gum while Blanche smells like fresh fluffy white towels straight from dryer.

Blanche is definitely not the kind of perfume that makes you feel sexy - I have other perfumes for that. It's inoffensive, innocent and delightful scent. I like the fact that it does not shout out "I AM WEARING A PERFUME PEOPLE PLEASE SMELL ME". I am a person who really appreciate clean and soapy scents and Blanche is the best one of those.

nhsrk
nhsrk

I'm almost offended that someone could charge over a hundred dollars for what essentially smells like laundry detergent or soap. I recommend saving your money and trying Byredo's other more interesting scents or purchasing the many comparable clean soap/detergent fragrances that already exist at more reasonable prices.

julieekerr
julieekerr

yes i see why it's named white however i join the soapy washing powder vote. It almost tickles the nose and not in a nice way. Really not for me. Linear and not at all sexy. I don't pick up much violet- just soap- reasonable longevity and thankfully not great silage.I have smelt better fabric conditioner. The bottle design is the best thing i can say about this scent. A bad blind buy.

peachyw
peachyw

totally agree that blanche = laundry. clean, detergent, soapy. it reminds me of the Clean range of perfumes if you know which brand i'm referring to, and which is more competitively priced. i was in stockholm's NK department store and chanced upon Byredo, wanted to buy something as my souvenir of Sweden. tested a few fragrances and there was one i really liked, maybe it was green? forgot which it was and when i asked the retail assistant about the scent, she pointed out that it was Blanche. i just took her word for it but after bringing the bottle home, realised it wasn't the one i wanted. but anyhow. it's ok to use casually (though at that price!!). i'm definitely not buying this one again

snel hest
snel hest

Let me tell you something shocking.

This perfume smells so similiar to Paris Hiltons Heiress that it's hard to tell them apart.
It's not just my nose either, several people agreed with me when I asked them to compare the two.

So if you like Byredo Blanche but not the horrendous pricetag, go get Heiress instead. Because nobody will be able to tell the difference!

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

one of the best .. the sense of this perfume just make you cant resist it .. its very prefect for mornings and esp summer day .. I also have the hair perfume its just killing

Contessa01
Contessa01

I bought and returned this. I don't like writing negative reviews but unfortunately this one just doesn't work for me. It smells really artificial and astringent. It smells like lemony washing powder with a screeching metallic vibe. Gave me a really bad headache. Definitely try on your skin before you buy.

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

Sorry, but Blanche smells like febreze to me.

pauroj
pauroj

i just got blanche and i am in loooooove so nice , awesome is clean but not laundry clean , just a lovely skin scent makes me feel so fresh

magnifiscent111
magnifiscent111

I´m not sure how I can give Blanche a fair review. But I´ll try. Actually it is quite elegant for the first minute or so. In the long run I find it boring and to linear, I might be wrong but to me it is very simple and probably built of few raw materials. It smells synthetic (nothing wrong with that) but personally I would prefer some more complexity. Well done but it could be better. Great longevity though.

Germany
Germany

Sweet clean air , coming from laundry dried outside in the wind.
I really like this fragrance , for a clean soapy kind of perfume this is perfect. It's not a wow scent it's just really pleasant for some days when you want to have that clean showered feel of "no perfume " ,,, maybe on a hot day, or an interview , or just as an everyday clean feel. ,,,Blanche is just that , I love all the notes in it so no wonder I am a fan.

Besides being a soapy and clean fresh scent this also has some elegance to it, like an aloof feeling. Think Iris Poudre , Frederic Malle !
The name Blanche is perfect for this fragrance , I love when the name really matches the smell, also the bottles are a piece of art , simplistic, minimalistic with a magnetic top. Luxury in a minimal style. My type of idea of beauty.
In the sense of less is more. A lot more !

Aldehydes are clean and sparkly and add that soapy quality. Rose makes this fresh and violets sweet and a little powdery , and musk , in here is white clean musk, nothing dirty about this fragrance ,,,the sandalwood grounds this yummy cloud into a nice cozy base , well done scent and one to consider !

Also lots of soapy aldehyde scents of that genere are rather old fashioned and this one is more modern which may appeal to some.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

One of the first thing that drew me to it was actually the name. It fits the scent perfectly. It was my first and most used Byredo; I bought it in Milan and I asked the lady straight forward for clean and she gave me this. Did not disappoint. True that it's nothing groundbreaking, but I love it more and more each day and a lot of people compliment me for it.

spidola

Cold aldehydes, musk and some white flowers….The same kind of perfume as L’Eau Serge Lutens – laundry- detergent-fresh, minimal and cyber-modern, unisex, reserved and non-inviting. It brings in my mind Wall Street's brokers with brilliant-white shirts, tense and concentrated, who in certain point seem to be more robots than persons… (The image created by films, TV news ecc.,I've never been in WS, haha ;-).

Silage moderate, longevity 8 hours.

MLK
MLK

Blanche is a beautiful, soft fragrance easy to wear on a warm day or any time of year. Makes you feel fresh like you just stepped out of the shower. I feel it is more of a casual, office friendly scent as it is light, not overpowering but at the same time sophisticated. Anyone of all ages can wear this. I even wear it to bed sometimes on a cool night as it is a very comforting scent and wears close to the skin. If you like soapy, clean, lightly powdery perfumes then this one will be a good one to try.

talnyc

This is a very clean and light floral. Very soft, but so light. It does not over power your senses. It is very pretty, but for the price, I would want it to last longer on me as the scent dissipated with a few hours.

I think it is a very casual scent. Something you wear when you are relaxing or going out for some quick errands.

Very nice and light.

spidola

My 9 years old son told:"It smells like a wind..."

The musk note is the leading in this fragrance. It smells like a soap powder. Nothing impressive.

fjelluft
fjelluft

Smells like soap or linnen died outside in the garden. It is fresh and just tigny bitt sweet. Very pleasant to wear, soft and quiet. For those days that you dont want to wear a perfume or want to rest.

truffles
truffles

'Pear-drop clean'. This smells just like the taste of pear-drop boiled sweets.
That mixed with a 'clean' element.
Makes a nice change from the normal clothes-washing powder 'clean' frags.
I'm more into 'darker' frags really but if I ever want a 'clean' frag, this one's top of the list, very pleasant if not very long-lasting.

Fresh and clean every-day-scent. Perfect for officewomen. Not loud but there all around you for several hours. Worth the money - not sure.. Maybe I would pick EL White Linen insted - they are not the same at all, but the freshness is there in both.

Fräsch och "ren" varje-dag-doft. Perfekt för kontorskvinnan. Inte högljudd men ändå där runt dig i många timmar. Värd pengarna - inte säker. Jag tror jag skulle välja EL White Linen istället -de är inte likadana men de har samma fräscha känsla.

ciao
ciao

Io non lo sento così femminile. Assolutamente no da etichettarlo come profumo per sole donne! Io lo uso, mi piace, mi piace sentire addosso profumo di pulito, di candido, sembra come se indossassi dei panni appena lavati e asciugati al sole. Per ora mi piace, ed anche molto!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Light and breezy, Blanche is like fresh linen with an ever-so-slight whiff of white flowers and sweet sandalwood. It's nice enough but has left me underwhelmed. I was expecting a little more va va voom, especially considering the hefty price tag associated with this concoction! Sillage is very low and the perfume only lasts for a few hours.

This would be a great fragrance for someone prone to headaches with stronger scents.

Guest_klopgovorun
Guest_klopgovorun

Blanche is the highest quality clean scent, I've ever experienced. It is indeed similar to Clean Provence, except Blanche is a smooth, soft, enveloping version of it. Blanche soothes and comforts, as it immerses your nose into a pile of clean, soft, fluffy, warm and fragrant, freshly washed linens. It is a well balanced act, never too powdery, overpowering, or unplesant. Never, for a split second, does your nose feel a sharpness. I highly recommend this fragrance to anybody who is looking for a top quality clean scent!

There is something strangely appealing about smelling clean and airy. It tends to stem from society's focus on good hygiene, therefore the fresher you smell, the more attractive you feel.

Byredo's Blanche does smell like clean laundry and delicate floral soaps. It's appropriately named, with Blanche meaning white. When I picture the colour white, I think simple, clean and innocent.

It's not really my cup of tea this fragrance, however I do enjoy its fresh and clean approach. In the beginning, especially after the first spritz, I expected Blanche to be a clean musk scent, similar to Kiehl's Original Musk, however the aldehydes and florals prevented it from becoming too predictable.

Peony, violet and orange blossom make a surprisingly seamless blend. I would most likely crave this fragrance for either bed-time or warm Spring days. However I do have to be in the right mood to wear it.

Byredo's Blanche does lack complexity, and even at times, lacks longevity. I have to agree with other reviewers that have pointed out that there are many cheaper alternatives available. I doubt that I would pay full price for something so simple, even if it is pretty.

I find it a little similar to L'Artisan L'Ete en Douce, with both of these fragrances having that strong laundry vibe. It's a like, but unfortunately not a love.

I came to Byredo BLANCHE with zero preconceptions about this house, and my immediate reaction was "reminds me of Costume National SCENT SHEER." So, yes, it has that white noise, minimalist vibe. This composition seems a bit more complex and slightly green. The violet here must be violet leaves, because it is not at all sweet.

The musk is clean, but this is not really my kind of thing. To me this is a unisex scent in a somewhat negative way: rather sterile and uninviting. I'm sure that others would like this, but to me it smells a bit like laundry starch.

Try before you buy.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Clean, soapy bonbon-like scent. Closely resembles 'Clean Provence". Difference is, maybe a bit more violets in here......well, there's isn't much of a difference. They are very much so alike, and Clean Provence is whole lot cheaper.
This is simple clean soapy scent with moderate silage, that's all.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

This one reminds me of Philosophy Baby grace but with a hint of red pepper and sour notes. The same smell of a laundry detergent freshness of just washed clothes. And the price for Philosophy is more affordable. So why pay more?

talnyc

I tried this scent at Barneys on 01-14-12, and it is a very light floral. La Tulipe is a stronger white flower floral and Blanche is much lighter and cleaner. It did not last that long on me, and the dry down is more of a clean vs. a floral scent.

silviaci
silviaci

This one's simple, straight and LOVELY. It smells fresh and manages to stay the same even after 2 hours. Yes, it does smell like laundry detergent, but in a good way. I love it, although I wouldn't spend all that money for a fragrance that isn't exactly precious or rare, like other Byredos are.

lisa o
lisa o

never wanted to like it as I don't like the other scents of the brand. I either don't like the marketing strategy, I don't like the bottles, the intention to create a "cool" label is too obvious and boring and everything lacks a "personality"...but I have to admit: sometimes I find this cliché of a freshly washed and ironed white shirt sexy. it really smells like detergent. but in a rather nice way (still I mostly prefer my "nivea-kind-of"-scent "absolue pour le matin" de francis kurkdijan when I get childhood-sentimental...)

Erika2
Erika2

This is a real sweetheart of a scent but it´s too weak for my taste and in my opinion it lacks a soul, a personality. I would say it is perfect for work and for those who likes a weak soap scent.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

It could be a better version of narcisso rodriguez essence.It has a lot of similarities.I prefer the smell after half an hour.

Antoinette
Antoinette

Aptly named, this brings to mind fluffy white towels fresh from the dryer. Although pleasant, I’m not sure this squeaky clean scent would be my first choice when I reacted for my morning fix of perfume. The sleek, modern bottle would fit right in on a shelf in an ultra modern loft with poured concrete floors and filled with meticulously polished Mies van der Rohe furniture.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo Blanche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Byredo Blanche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blanche by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blanche by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.