Designers » C » « Groups

Canvas Fragrance Primer Canvas & Concrete for women and men

Canvas Fragrance Primer Canvas & Concrete for women and men
dislike

I have it: 4 I want it: 3

Canvas Fragrance Primer Canvas & Concrete for women and men Pictures Canvas Fragrance Primer Canvas & Concrete for women and men Pictures

Canvas Fragrance Primer by Canvas & Concrete is a fragrance for women and men. Canvas Fragrance Primer was launched in 2014.

Canvas Fragrance Primer Fragrance Reviews

Stephaniejo
Stephaniejo

I recently acquired this. I have used it a handful of times. I really like it!! My skin is very dry and perfumes tend to fizzle out rather quickly. I have noticed definitely longer lasting, 10 hours and better siliage. $20.00 well spent imo. Its a large bottle and I would recommend.

steve0580
steve0580

This is my initial review and I'll update it at a later time.

Recently, I became aware of the fact that there's such a thing as a fragrance primer. Admittedly, curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it out.

A fragrance primer is supposed to do two things: 1) Extend the longevity of a fragrance and 2) Make everyone's skin "equal" by creating a shield that eliminates your body chemistry from interfering with the fragrance itself.

Have you ever smelt a friend or family member wearing a fragrance and thought "Wow, that's really nice" but when you bought it, it smelled completely different on you? Well, welcome to body chemistry.

The same fragrance sprayed on two people will produce differences and while those differences may be subtle or more pronounced, there will be differences. Those differences are caused by a variety of factors, such as diet, weight and climate, among others.

Now, grab the fragrance primer and spray it on both people. Supposedly, that fragrance should smell identical on both people, because the primer has eliminated body chemistry from interfering with the scent itself.

My experience with the primer has been limited thus far, asI haven't had it long and haven't had much of a chance to try it out.

With the initial spray, the scent is akin to industrial glue but it fades away incredibly fast - as in seconds. Admittedly, it feels slightly sticky when it goes on but that mostly fades away as it dries and it dries quickly after application, in a minute or two. From there, your arm (where I've used it) maybe feel every so slightly tacky. To eliminate this, I just rub my other arm over and when I do this, I've noticed my arm feels very smooth.

Now, onto how it works. There are two fragrances in particular that don't last as long as I'd like. One is Chanel Egoiste Concentree and the other is the current version of Oscar de la Renta's Pour Lui.

My first test was with ECC (Egoiste Concentree). ECC is a fragrance with with scent that I LOVE but I'd like it to last longer. I get about 5 good hours from it but then it retracts to more of a skin scent. Initially, I thought maybe I'd become anosmic to it but upon further thought, after 5 hours, it seems unlikely.

So, I sprayed the primer on, gave it a couple of minutes to dry and then sprayed the ECC on, as I normally do. As far as a difference in scent without the primer, I didn't notice one. Through out the day, I kept smelling my arm and as usual, it faded more around the five hour mark and dropped to more of skin scent and it normally does, however, even though the stronger projection was gone, it did seem to add at least a small amount of longevity but nothing in the range of making the fragrance last 10-12 hours or more.

Next up, Pour Lui. The current version of Pour Lui is very nice but it dies very quickly on me. So, I used the fragrance primer in the same way that I did with ECC and then sprayed on Pour Lui, as I normally would. Maybe I can't make a snap to judgement on that one but offhand, I can't say that I notice any difference.

Another future trial for me will involve after shaves. There are some very nice smelling after shaves but they're notoriously short lasting. Hopefully, the primer works for them.

Since those are the only two times I've used it thus far, I can't say definitely works as claimed, one way or another. It MIGHT work and of course, even that may be a body chemistry thing. What if the primer itself reacts different to your skin than another person?

One application that I'm going to try that I haven't seen mentioned is to spray it under my arms, before I apply deodorant. Will the primer mask or mostly seal the underarm odor in? I guess I'll find out.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a message.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Canvas & Concrete Canvas Fragrance Primer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Canvas & Concrete Canvas Fragrance Primer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Canvas Fragrance Primer by Canvas & Concrete. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Canvas Fragrance Primer by Canvas & Concrete represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.