Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Pour Une Femme de Caron Caron for women

Pour Une Femme de Caron Caron for women
dislike

Pour Une Femme de Caron Caron for women Pictures Pour Une Femme de Caron Caron for women Pictures Pour Une Femme de Caron Caron for women Pictures

Pour Une Femme de Caron by Caron is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Pour Une Femme de Caron was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Richard Fraysse. Top notes are african orange flower, mandarin orange and orange; middle notes are incense and tincture of rose; base notes are vetyver, musk, sandalwood and amber.

African Orange flower Mandarin Orange Orange

Perfume Calligraphy Rose

Pour Une Femme de Caron Fragrance Reviews

rednut
rednut

A warm fragrance that walks the line between old and modern if that makes any sense. It opens with a burst of citrus but the rose quickly take centre stage. It is a deep (without being heavy) warm rose, slightly creamy, slightly smokey with woods and musk on the drydown but never losing the warm rose. It has a definite vintage feel.
Longevity is good and sillage is moderate.

mattachin
mattachin

It took me a while to locate the familiarity. At first I thought it was a wealthy SW1 perfume, and it made sense, what with Caron fountains being at hand and the very polished and agreeable character it has. But then I remembered Stella, which I used to own. Very much like it - lush midnight rose, but better - richer, boozier, with a velvety undertone of amber.
It's vintage and contemporary at once, a bit like 24 Fauburg, and similarly effortlessly feminine and classy. Not aspirational in any sense.
This is my second feminine Caron perfume and I seem to glimpse the aesthetic of understated, almost pared down, luxurious beauty, which is very traditional.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

This gets me like, chanting (in a poetic way):

Dewy, dewy roses,

Oh dewy roses, dewy roses, may dewy dewy roses so roses dewy. Yes dewy roses. Holy dewy roses, sublime dewy roses, oh yeah dewy roses.

Dewy roses, dewy dewy roses. Dewy roses, dewy roses, dewy roses, my dewy roses.

AB

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I got one today. Oh, I love this soft rose in a cold winter day! I put it on my fur scarf, and enjoy sniffing it every second. Some hint of incense, some hint of citrus and musk, it is very soft and sexy and mild, not like a punch in a face, like an old perfume.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I guess we are meant to imagine the Femme of the title as the owner of the hand grabbing that perfectly round male bottom. Given the shape of the bottle, I wouldn't be surprised if it was involved in the foreplay in some way... Definitely one of the raunchiest promotions for perfume I've ever seen, would have me expect an animalic sex potion, laden with musk and leather. Instead this is a very well behaved lady, quite old school and perfume-y. The opening lets you know instantly that you are in for a royal helping of classy french grand perfume extravaganza. A very retro rose combined with a beautiful, somewhat reserved incense give this Femme of my imagination a strict angular jacket with a sparkling brooch and a helmet hairdo.

Perhaps I got this wrong and the aim of the ad was to focus on the well manicured fingernails of the femme. Then again who's to say well manicured hands aren't made for grabbing? I am all up for it ;)

mymlan
mymlan

I was pleasantly surprised about the top which smells of a little sweet and almost fizzy mandarine orange, like it's been carbonated. I was looking for aldehydes among the notes but couldn't find any. I like the top, it's a little sweet,light and airy. After the initial burst it becomes sweeter and sweeter and it smells almost like any modern orange fragrance. It developes quite linear from top, heart and base entering the rose, a touch of incence, woods, sweet amber and musk.

I find it easy to wear but somewhere before the drydown I get a little nauseous as the uber sweetness collides with herbal vetyver, a combination I'm not too found of.

I guess my sample is the current version. It just doesn't have that much of an old school vibe I was expecting from a vintage fragrance. I like it somehow, but I don't love it. Both projection and duration are moderate.

akats
akats

Very nice perfume. Dark, orange smell. Rich and deep, a bit sour at first, but warm, yet dry and spicy soon after it's top juicy introduction. Incense is very well blended, to give it just a hint of mystery. I can't detect rose easily here. It seems that it has been placed at the background giving it's radiance from far away. This kind of rose must be of an excellent variety, as it's not candied . It's rather dry and sour and adds to the perfume's beauty and chypre character. The fragrance is sexy, cozy but formal and appropriate for chilly nights, drinking red wine.

ροδοπεταλα
ροδοπεταλα

You know, it is lmpossible not to love this one.It's luscious, warm , inviting and most of all a scent of a woman.A mysterious , elegant rose dipped in amber and frankisence.A perfume sacred to the alter of feminity.Love it!

trueblue19
trueblue19

Caron is a winery, comparing to many other perfume houses today which are juice factories. Like every Caron, it takes time for one to explore, comprehend and savour the full composition and Pour Une Femme is no exception.

The opening is a straight orangy bolt. Just when I begin to doubt if it will work for me, the orange starts to fade and the incense stands out. Unlike incense burnt for religious purposes, this smoky tone is mundane and sophisticated, reminding me of old paris, night life, the smoke lingering in art salons. It's a velvet robe worn by rose, the coeur of this perfume. Yet this rose is so nostalgic, so impressionistic. Pour Une Femme is not working to create a rose in its anatomical sense: petals, stem, leaves etc like many rose frags try to achieve, but you won't be mistaken as the slightly sour and almost 'stinky' smell only belong to a true rose. This is not a sugary or soft rose in its modern interpretation. It's vague, vintage but oh so powerful. It's a dark rose withered among pages of a courtesan's diary--secret passion, bittersweet romance, desperate desire...stories sealed with time. The dry down is somewhat like Rive Gauche but less mossy.

My only complaint is the longevity (as edp). The floral middle notes are too short-lived and even the base notes get rather weak after 2 hours.

This is not something I'd wear often but it's a winner as a story-teller and performer. Every perfume lover should give it a try. Even if it's not your cup of tea, you'll take your hat off to it.

Disa_17
Disa_17

This is hideous! Did I purchase a bottle that happened to be off? I think my bottle was a remnant from the first 1934 batch produced. The insence and rose have clashed and exploded in a foul stink! Cough, cough, cough, gag! I don't think I could give this away. I'll certainly try though.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Love rose? Love incense? Better yet together? Pour Une Femme is for you, then. Otherwise surely no (and these two being my favorite notes ever, disregard this and all my reviews, as we are surely perfume nemeses). For the edp two batches ago (pre-major reformulation): the orange and rose meld into a hybrid fantasy creature beyond any roseness or orangeness--neither tart nor flowery, not citric. Instead a bloodlike velvet but sheer wash of rich rouge emerges first. Then a spicy almost candied impression carries over to an ultimately pleasantly mismatched incense chypre drydown that is resolutely Caron. A communicative, festive, but versatile scent if worn in small quantities (it is a bit loud), Pour Une Femme seems simple, even ditzy or slutty, at first spritz, but shows complexity and wit over time by reinventing the rose-incense spectre of feminine wiles into something electric and vivacious but very consciously nostalgic. The gritty, scratchy abstract spiciness is femme fatale done with irony and earthiness, though the flacon could have benefitted from more of an injection of either.

Henriette
Henriette

Orange, orange, orange, and then more orange.
BUT don't let be mislead by the oranges, this is not a fresh, fruity summery scent. It's exactly the opposite. It's warm with a perfect hint of spices to warm up the orange crispness and a perfect balance of flowers.
You may want to wear it in autumn and winter and even then do keep in mind that quantity will make a big difference: just a tiny drop and you smell wonderfully classy; a downpour and it might turn into something unbearingly vulgar.

joliecat
joliecat

Pour Une Femme is a most unique, unusual fragrance.

Warm temperatures amplify the orange and mandarin fruit notes, pushing them to the forefront. Soon, incense covered roses swirl to totally envelop the oranges, turning the oranges and mandariins into sweet thick ambered orange syrup, instead of a bright refreshing sharp citrus accord.

At first spray, this frag is mostly sweet oranges wrapped in musky, ambery incense. Then the oranges soften to the background, as the most beautiful warm dark wet roses appear, wrapped in incense, sandalwood, vetiver and amber.

On skin, this perfume alternates as you wear it. Heat encourages the oranges to stand out more. Cool temperatures calm the oranges and bring out the gorgeous roses. Every note in this frag is completely encased in deep spicy incense.

One might think "spicy incense and oranges" equals "orange spiced tea flavor". NO, not here. THIS incense is musky, rich, and thick, NOT at all like spicy tea.

Pour Une Femme is probably best suited for cooler weather. It is NOT a refreshing, citrus snappy bright, summer frag. The fruits here are more like hot spiced orange cider, or warm thick spiced orange jam, more syrupy, best served in Fall and Winter, while sitting next to a crackling fire.

Roses immersed in musky ambered incense here are lush and smouldering. Due to the ever present sweet oranges accord, this is not a really "sexy" perfume. It is however, pleasant, rather sultry, warm, intruiguing, very strong and very long lasting.

Less is more with Pour Une Femme, so you can use it sparingly.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This is quite simply the most stunning classical fragrance I've ever smelled. The incense is what stands out. Quiet.....like a prayer; and the rose is a musky bourbon rose almost spent, but not quite, still holding the warmth of the sun for yet another day. Thanks to the faboulous reviews on Fragrantica, I've found my soulmate fragrance. Kterhark, l love your reviews; keep em coming.

LOLAISA
LOLAISA

I use to live in Dubai, what a wonderful place for fragrance lovers with it hundreds of perfume discounters and really cheap prices for rare genuine perfumes... I saw this perfume first time in one discount perfume shop for 20$ for a big bottle of EDP. I was comming back many times, was always sparing this one on my wrist, but every time was buying something else...
I do not know why I was not so sure a about this scent, I think that it was to heavy to deep and to sweet, but definitely there was something special about this one making me wast to spray it again and again...
Couple of years later a week ago I saw somebody selling it on Ebay for very reasonable price, I thought to give it another try... So here it is in my mailbox today.
Just sprayed it, do not like the top notes at all, after 15 minutes it became pleasant. Really dark syrupy jam, heated on a wood fire... Really smoky dark, close to skin scent, definitely winter.
I'm not disappointing buying it, it is a summer now so I will give it another try at colder days, it may be cousy and worm, but now it a little too much, something is disturbing me in this scent, I do not understand exactly combination of which notes;
Definitely try before you buy king of scent, for mature and strong woman.

napoleonica
napoleonica

This is a gorgeous retro scent.My best blind buy so far.I feel it ancient and alluring.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I am so happy that through fragrantica I learnt of the house of Caron and wandered into their gorgeous world of fragrances. This is one of my favourites from them and I am so grateful I found it. It's beautiful, sophisticated and strong(yay, i adore strong scents that stay with me throughtout the day). I adore this scent for having many of my favourites notes all rolling together so smoothly, I can get the amber and the incense for sure and if I really try hard, I can pick out the orange blossom, but it's more the spices that are giving me a lovely head spin. I can wear this to work or out and I think it would be great with casual or formal wear. This is truly a woman's scent and I am so happy to have it!

williamvargas
williamvargas

a very nice scent, after reading about it i blind bought a small bottle for my wife...she absolutely adored it and it smelled wonderful on her.i am not huge into the notes or why , just that it works..a very pretty fragrance for women...has a elegant charm a level of sophistication to it, to me,i see it more for a maturer woman.and i think you could be dressed very casual with this one and it would work wonderfully. my compliments..caron is such a great house and i am a big fan of caron fragrances.look forward to trying some of their others.

I only get a candied orange blossom with rose. The scent is linear on me, very simple but also very clear and feminine. While I prefer more complex fragrances, this is still a lovely scent and would be very appropriate to a myriad of occasions. But simple.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

This is AMAZING juice! I just had to say that. When I sprayed it on I had the biggest lightbulb moment. I said "a-ha! This is where Original Fendi came from!"

Fendi was the love of my 14 year old life. This scent takes me back to those lovely days.

With the first spray I got that lovely amazing spicebomb. You must love spice to love this. The incense is very upfront. Its not shy about it either. I love that. I immediately get leather and roses after this. About an hour or so I get the tang of mandarin, and the base of musk and sandalwood.

Is this a scent for everyone? Of course not. But certainly its worth a try for those that enjoy a spicy perfume! There's going to be some that find it too "old smelling" or heavy in general. And its quite a big scent so not one to be sprayed with abandon as it can become nasty quite quickly. For me 2 sprays was quite enough to envelope me for now 5 hours. (and still going strong)

I would likely not wear it every day like I did with Fendi in my youth! But wear it I shall... For me its a buy.

I also think this would be glorious on a man.

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

I have tried to be a fan of Caron but time after time I find I dislike the big florals that Caron produces and this is no exception. To me the the floral notes pull together to create a bubble gum accord that is prominent from beginning to end. I can tell this is a sophisticated scent and I'm sure it's lovely on another woman but I just can't abide Caron's very particular type of floral drama.

olga1780
olga1780

There is somethng about Caron perfumes that attracts me like a magnet. There is a aura of mystery and luxury about their fragrances.
And Pour Uno Femme is no exception. Absolutely gorgeous incensy rose perfume suitable for a black dress. Very elegant and sophisticated. No doubt this beaty will turn heads and get you noticed.

Yes, it turned out very lovely for a night out....very luxurious scent, great sillage too. Not sure about lasting power, because i changed perfumes when I got home.....but in 3 hours it didn't fade at all. So I would say longevity is good too.

But that ass from the ad really has to go......makes it look cheap and trashy.

thobbit
thobbit

Pour une Femme is a beautiful chypre floral. The citrus top notes last for only a few moments before the lovely rose supported by incense starts to open. The chypre base with the added warmth of sandalwood and amber add a wonderful depth to the beauty of the rose. A must have for all of us lover's of rich rose scents.

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is definitely a Fruity Chypre. In the same category as Quartz and Yvresse.

The opening accord of ripe mandarin orange reminds me a lot of Mango chewing gums!! This is quite unique and rare, So I was surprised by my attraction to this scent. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist.

The incense part makes this fragrance more interesting. Pour une Femme is a nice modern Caron scent.

pandorosa
pandorosa

Sexy and seductive vintage fragrance. You can easily detect vintage vibe in it. Opening is very sharp with the incense note but it turns to a sweet and soft feminine scent. Totally nostalgic!!

Natalie467
Natalie467

Have you ever worn a perfume, and while wearing it you either think of another scent, or notice a bottle in your collection and think to yourself, "Damn, I wish I was wearing _____ today, instead of what I've got on." That's how I felt with Pour Un Femme.

It smells nice, pleasant, but while wearing it I kept waiting for something to happen, for it to grow on me and it didn't. It doesn't work with me, I didn't get any whiffs of it and thought to myself, "Ohh, this smells fabulous" I'd get a whiff and think, "Uh, it's still smelling like roses" along the lines of wilted roses. I kept wondering when it was going to wear off and I could put something with more oomph on. Not a scrubber, but it doesn't lift me spirits or put a smile on my face when I smell it.

I'll give Pour Un Femme credit, it's not your run-of-the mill-floral fruity juice, and it's got the old school perfume vibe (but I have Vivien Westwood's Boudior for that, which I love) it's a unique scent, but doesn't do anything for me. The bottle is gorgeous but doesn't make up for my lack of interest for the juice inside.

arianperfume
arianperfume

I must say I wanted this for a year and finally got it today, ordered from ebay. I am absolutely inlove with this, it is so sweet and sexy I cannot believe:)) It has a vintage vibe to it indeed, but it feels so misterious and almost ''erotic''. This is cocaine for my brain:)) Main notes I can smell are olibanum and rose. Unbelievable, just so..

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Parfum review)
Let me start with a visual of my reaction to this parfum. I usually try new scents in the evenings or on weekends, when I've changed into my workout clothes. It's Friday night, and two hours after putting on Pour Femme my SO asked if he could take me to a four star Turkish Restaurant.

By then I was so utterly in love with this scent that I chose to step out in a blue T-shirt riddled with holes made by my parrots than change my shirt; for the sole reason of not losing this scent. Yes I could have reapplied, but that would have taken away from another day's wear.

I've come to believe that it is impossible for Caron to make a stinker. But Note: I only try the parfums, never the EDT or EDPs. It appears from other reviewers that those strengths lose hte magic.

This opens wiht a big, fat, luscious fruit note that I assume is the orange. After a few hours it morphs into something with an edgy, electrifying kick. I want to say it's spicy, but not in the 'oriental spicy' sort of way. The incense 'crackles', if that makes sense. And it's paired wiht rose, so it's gorrrrgeous.

my one complaint: What's up with choosing an ass as the marketing face???

evamoon
evamoon

I agree, that Pour Une Femme has an aroma of older times. This fragrance is similar to Vol de Nuit (I can detect a smell of chocolate in both). According to my opinion Vol de Nuit (edt version) is better, much more interesting.

glitteralex
glitteralex

My first impression of this frag in the edP is medicinal banana...a caramel gourmand/bananas foster arrives after the initial shock of something akin to chloraseptic (which I love) dies off. The dry down is more classic than the top or heart, with incense notes, but reminds me of the lingering presence of a drugstore perfume. Pour un Femme is incredibly pervasive- hubby is complaining of a single spritz from the other room. It has 80s style body, but with odd notes. I rather like it, but would never have pegged it as a Caron. This perfume is quite unusual, but not necessarily great. I give it a thumbs up for originality.

27 January 2009

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Oh, I just LOVE Pour Une Femme! I can't believe it's such a recent creation. It has a very old school aroma to it, and would be a nice addition to the collection of any "classic" fragrance fan. It starts out as a sour citrus floral blend, then dries down to a beautiful sweet incense and moss aroma that reminds me of the original version of Lancome's Magie Noire.

I'm testing several Caron scents this week and all have fabulous persistence. Pour Une Femme in EdP strength easily lasts 8 hours or more.

I can really imagine wearing this one anywear. With a light touch, it's a nice scent for daytime or office. Apply a few more spritzes with your sexy evening wear and it's appropriate for a night out. I have a small sample but it's definitely Full Bottle Worthy and a must-try if you enjoy a good chypre scent.

CaraMia
CaraMia

Pour Une Femme is the little black dress of modern chypre fragrances. Deceptively simple, surprisingly seductive it starts with romantic orange and finishes with a mossy musky drydown in the base notes. You can identify the blossom and the mosses in this one as the lines are clean and simple and uncluttered with the "flavor of the week" notes that appeal to a trendy crowd.

Wear it with an elegant sheath, a string of pearls and a confident air. It is an amazing classic scent that that does a lot by not trying to do too much.