Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Coromandel Eau de Parfum Chanel for women and men

Coromandel Eau de Parfum Chanel for women and men
dislike

Coromandel Eau de Parfum, "a perfume of art", is described as a powerful and rich woody oriental. It is made of notes of frankincense, benzoin, patchouli and amber, inspired by the exquisite Chinese lacquer screens that lined Mademoiselle Chanel’s apartments.

1932 Eau de Parfum, "a constellation of diamonds", is a fruity, floral and woody fragrance with a combination of exotic jasmine, pear and grapefruit, decorated by iris, vetiver and musk. It is dedicated to the first collection of jewelry by Gabrielle Chanel named “Bijoux de Diamants”, which was presented that year.

The fragrances are available as a 75 ml and a 200 ml Eau de Parfum. Coromandel Eau de Parfum was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge.

Citruses Neroli Bitter Orange

Terra Rossa

Coromandel Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Carrieberry
Carrieberry

This fragrance is lovely. It is Shalimar with less incense, no leather and instead white chocolate and Benzoin. The white chocolate adds a more modern feel but this fragrance still has that vintage oriental feeling. To be honest I find the Patchouli quite tame and hidden in this fragrance which is a huge plus since I am not a Patchouli fan.
I layered Coromandel with Britney's Fantasy yesterday (each fragrance on a different spot) since the both share White Chocolate, Orris root and Woodsy notes. That combo was not bad at all ;)

VanniGodfrey
VanniGodfrey

Such a sweet and indulgent concoction Coromandel is. It almost defies words how beautiful I find this fragrance. For my tastes, this is the absolute ideal perfume: saccharine sweet, woody, and balsamic all in one. It is somewhat of a lovechild of my two favorite fragrances---Shalimar and Angel. What more could I wish for?

I'm completely enamored by the prominence of benzoin, which in other fragrances of the same family I find myself in love with, but Coromandel more so than others. The white chocolate, however, is the most prominent note to my nose, which I find makes it so unique---certainly the most outstanding from all of the Exclusifs in my opinion. I absolutely adore Chanel's exclusive blends, but to me Coromandel is one of the rarities which actually smells like it's worth nearly $400.

Cylob
Cylob

Even though I prefer the sharper patchouli / orange opening of the EdT, this is still the Coromandel I fell in love with many years ago.

It seems to be a bit rounder, fuller then before. I do miss the complete shift from opening to drydown of the EdT though. That was really amazing. I kept sniffing my hand to see at what stage it was.

Therefore I'll treasure my nearly finished bottle and backup bottle of the EdT. By the time these are finished I'll be happy though to purchase a bottle of the EdP. It's the first EdP of the Les Exclusifs I've tried that's worth the insane pricetag.

All hail Coromandel!!

a perfect 10/10

TheFrenchMistress
TheFrenchMistress

If you want a standalone review of this fragrance, just read all the reviews (including mine) on the EDT page. All I'm doing here is offering reassurance about the new EDP, because I guess if you're reading this page, it's likely you're trying to find out if the old EDT is still recognisable within the new, refo'd EDP.

Well, worry not, it most certainly is. As a long-time wearer of Coromandel, I have just tested the EDT (newish version, bought last year) against the new EDP, one on each hand, identical amounts. Verdict? Extremely similar, and both very definitely Coromandel.

The best way to explain what little difference there is, is to say that the EDP is simply slightly richer. The EDT projects its top minty-patchouli notes quite a lot in proportion to the rest of its composition (so in comparison to the EDP it appears to have less depth as it dries down). The EDP's minty-patchouli top notes are as strong as the EDT's, but its mid and base notes are more pronounced; this means the top notes can sometimes feel proportionally weaker.

I also found that the EDP definitely lingered longer than the EDT. I've always found the longevity of the EDT to be pretty good, especially for a Chanel Exclusif, so for the EDP to out-perform it is actually quite good going.

So, all is as it should be in the land of Coromandel: the top notes are more noticeable in the EDT, while the EDP has a deeper, longer-lasting drydown. But both have the same notes and follow the same progression / development, in my opinion -- any differences are infinitesimal... although, fragonerds that we are, we are always happy to spend many hours dissecting these differences anyway. ;-)

OmarAladdin
OmarAladdin

Chanel's Shalimar. Nuff said!

Opens up exactly like Shalimar EDT.
Middle is literally, typically and identically similar to Shalimar Parfum Initial EDP flanker.

Dry down is absolutely repulsive.
If you like this scent, go get yourself the EDT!

mohammad.ghasrani
mohammad.ghasrani

Absolutely incredible.... Master work...I love it

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

Simply this fragrance embodies perfection.

Although they were (and still are) many skeptical opinions about migrating Chanel Exclusifs to the EDP concentration, at least in this case we are talking about a significant improvement.

Compared to EDT version, EDP is more "reserved" and abstract, something that characterizes Chanel culture.

If in EDT the notes of white chocolate, patchouli, rose and citruses are, somehow, succeeding one after another, EDP is an abstract composition, and perfume is linear - all notes are present simultaneously in all stages.

Longevity is impressive - similar to EDT, but the projection was much lower (patchouli note was a bit in excess in EDT), a situation which gave the impression of some reviewers that Coromandel became a mainstream product.

I think the current version of Coromandel could be even more successful and in the near future would look good in the "Coco" family, as "Coco Blanche".

Fragrance 12/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 12 h

now
now

The benzoin in this one is very reminiscent of a tonka bean kind of vanilla. Perhaps it’s the “white chocolate” that does it. I don’t really get that much of the patchouli; perhaps it’s also in there with what I mainly get: a “tonka bean” kind of scent that’s rather too strong to be wearable except in close quarters.

Ditta70
Ditta70

I bought a bottle of the EdP yesterday, and had the chance to compare it to the latest formulation of the EdT, as the shop had one tester left. To my nose the EdT was more watery, weaker, more transparent, as if it was a body spray or hair mist edition of the real stuff. I am also acquainted with the old formulation of the EdT, and the EdP is much closer to that version than the latest EdT. Thus, lovers of the old formula of Coromandel: rejoice, it is back in all its amazing glory.

Calvini
Calvini

Unlike most others, I actually found the oddly screechy white-chocolate opening of the EdT quite fascinating (therefore I prefer) compared to the EdP that made me go "Is this Coromandel!?"
However, after they settle, the similarity is at least 95%; the EdP is more resinous--thicker & warmer--while the EdT has more patchouli & white-choc, and feels more young-ladylike.

yoginimeg
yoginimeg

I find this very similar to the EDT, at least after the first 10 minutes. The top notes are oddly different (I may like the EDP more at this stage), but the heart and base are more similar than different. Once it starts drying down, the EDT I had (version from a few years ago) has more of the patchouli pungency to it than the new EDP; whereas, the EDP is more ambery. I do miss the extra patch (although it sounds like that was already toned down in the newer EDT versions), but it's still recognizable as Coromandel and "scratches the itch" for me. I do think the EDP is slightly weaker than my old EDT, but I'm not sure if that's possibly just due to aging/evaporation in my old EDT. Maybe this will deepen/strengthen as it ages? All in all, I'm not disappointed with the new version and am just happy it's still smells pretty much like the version I fell in love with.

a very well-made perfume

smellagent
smellagent

I will be buying a bottle of this. I have the edt. and love it. But this is every bit as good if not better. So glad I did not buy a back up edt. The notes are a little brighter and I get more White Chocolate in the edp. and the amber is more pronounced. I think they dry down about the same. I wore them together the last few times so I could distinguish the differences. But the top of the edp is glorious. I cannot get this soon enough maybe this week end coming.

Eurochic
Eurochic

I bought a bottle of the EDT when it was first released, most likely from the first batch. On Fragrantica it says it was released in 2007, but the batch code on my bottle says it's from November 2006. Anyhow, it's an amazingly rich earthy chocolatey patchouli.
So, last week I was at the CHANEL counter to smell the new EDP. I sniffed it and thought, yes, that's my Coromandel. Then I asked the SA if I could smell the EDT too, Since they had still 1 bottle in store. Honestly, I didn't recognize it: no chocolate, no patch, no rich deep earthy feel. I had no idea that the EDT had so drastically changed over the years. I decided to not get that last bottle of EDT but save up some more and I will buy the EDP when my current original bottle is empty.

Amal Elyahyaoui
Amal Elyahyaoui

once i smelled it i fell in love with it and became an addict to me,
it is very vibrant and imposing asd it make the one who wears it a lady, an elegant lady,
it is very intense and strong and it has a powdery undertone that lasts a lot and that you can smell everywhere,
the woody part pf is is well amalgamated it with the cirus note and they both float in a very nice harmony.
it is professionally blended with all compatible extremes, patchouli and benzoin with the white choclate hidden fragrance.
a very nice choice as a gift or for special windy nights

I am reviewing the EDT, I have never smelled EDP, so not sure how much they differ...I smelled it on an elegant lady, it is a mature, grown up scent, sophisticated ,I do have a decant home, and what I like the most about Coromandel is the aromatic vibe, I think it has a deep warm undertone, must be the frankincense, but the floral and fruity notes keep it from becoming an over the top spicy scent...the vibe is classy floral oriental, but not overdone...
Then the part I like less is more masculine, and the heart reminds me of my grandfather ' s cologne, he was a banker with refined taste, and the smell stays refined, but more clearly masculine..I would swear I smell lavender too...it has also a strong soapy undertone...luxury soap of course...I admire the beauty in Coromandel, but I couldn't pull it off, it isn't what I like to wear, but I really find it vacillates easily and charmingly between feminine and masculine throughout its development..I has also a definite yet classy sexiness...nothing too much out there, just a hint...it isn't easy to wear and it isn't for everybody...
Liking it, enjoying reviewing it...maybe in the dead of our Canadian winter, I might try to wear it..as it develops a nice sweetness on my skin...!

Germany
Germany

Just received my new EDP Coromandel , and it's not fair yet to write a review but I am so excited about it.
First of all it's not different. At least not to my nose. So there might be slight changes but I don't know it well enough to recognize them. I had the Edt years ago and to me this is the same smell. Again it might be tweaked but I wouldn't know this. Says , going by fragrantica , that the musk aspect is higher here and that there is no vanilla !? And that it's more woody as well that now amber is present. Well amber to my nose was always one of the top notes in coromandel along with patchouli , how was it not listed before ? I don't know. None of that is true in my opinion. I do have samples of the edt as she sent them along with my EDP bottle. I am wearing them side by side. Maybe the EDPis a little more intense and lasts longer. I bet that might be true.

About the fragrance , it's a stunner ! You have to like patchouli in order to love coromandel.
I find it very classy yet it really suits a very cool chick , leather jacket and boots , attitude and all. How is this possible as classy doesn't go hand in hand with a cool chick !? I don't know but it's just how it is. Maybe a classy cool chick. A rich girl that grew up to be a rebbel at heart but leads a high class life but has a rebellous side to her. Maybe a hidden one.

Coromandel reminds me of Calamity J by JHAG , another favourite of mine. Another rebbel perfume. Also reminds me of Patchouli imperiale by Dior. As well as prada Amber and Inez and Vinoodth by Byredo and yes yes i do agree with some of you ,,,ANGEL !!!! Never thought of this before until I read it in quite many reviews. A classy Angel , without the fruits. More refined , wealthier , a little more class. Like someonone mentiones ,,,sisters , one that grew up to be wealthy , married into money and attends charity fundraisers. And then the younger sister Angel who is still nothing but a rebbel , but has a good heart ....

Coromandel is a very well blended , well rounded patchouli amber vanilla fragrance , it smells a little medical , which I quite like. I think of bandaids here and there but in a good way ! Also I think of mint leaves and chocolate , I will add to this review after wearing it for a few days strait.
Stay tuned !

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Coromandel Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chanel Coromandel Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coromandel Eau de Parfum by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coromandel Eau de Parfum by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay