Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Chantal Thomass Chantal Thomass for women

Chantal Thomass Chantal Thomass for women
dislike

cherry
Chantal Thomass Chantal Thomass for women Pictures Chantal Thomass Chantal Thomass for women Pictures

This is a passionate and shocking fruity-floral fragrance. Gourmet sweet notes of raspberry intertwine gradually with spicy and floral notes of the heart, and then pass into a deep red finale. The top notes include raspberry, cranberry, apple; the middle notes contain heliotrope, iris, orange blossom, red pepper and patchouli; the base incorporates sandalwood, amber and musk. Chantal Thomass was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Raynaud.

Cranberry Raspberry Cherry Tomato Apple Raspberry Leaf

iris Black Violet Orange Blossom Red Rose Heliotrope Petitgrain

Amber Sandalwood Patchouli Musk

Lolita Lempicka
Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl

Chantal Thomass Fragrance Reviews

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

When I first got this I hated it, it symbolised everything I hate about modern perfumery; sickly, sweet and spineless.

But it's a year or so on now and I've spent the last couple of months on a training course with some wonderful people... and tons of food and guilty pleasures. I am still trying to get off the massive sugar binge I seem to be stuck on! To balance it though, I quite enjoy this now when I crave sugary confections, it is beyond sweet but I now get the licorice type note, a hint of marzipan and the nod towards Lolita Lempicka.
I may not wish to wear it out much as it doesn't suit my personality but it certainly makes my mouth water right now. Sillage isn't bad and longevity is passable, a much better effort than some!

vld

This has become my signature fragrance.
No matter where I go, someone asks me what I am wearing.
It starts out a with a pop of startling fresh berries. Evolves down to a creamy vanilla-berry shake, And about 2 hours later it mellows to a sweet sweet yummy candy based, but with an element of sexy energy.
This parfum has a note of excitement underlying the sweetness.
It is just exceptionally feminine that is far different than the teen girly fruitys or the heavy powdery granny fragrances.
It has a mystery to it without negating a comfort factor.
This lasts for a good 6 hours or more on my redheaded dry skin and the sillage is way out there.
LOVE.!

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

Fruity florals are usually not my thing. I have a sample of this and if I am in the right mood, I love it. I smell licorice too, but maybe that is just my nose. It seems to clear my head when I wear it and helps me think. Cherries, raspberries, and a bit of musk. Doesn't last long, but it is nice while it does.Sweet, but not too sweet. I honestly do not get the flowers in there.

katushka37
katushka37

EDT and EDP versions are totally dofferent. EDP is a lot deeper and fruitier, therefor it was my choice.
I got a sample of this fragrance when I was 17, it was given to me in a perfume shop. I fell in love with it straigh away - rich and sexy berry scent. Not too sweet or synthetic, just right.
I ended up buying it couple of years later because I was told it has been discontinued.
It represents lingerie brand well - sexy and luxurious at the same time. My husband doesn't usually like perfumes but he can't get enough of this one.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

For the first little while I thought it was really disgusting, just heavy synthetic cherry. But when that passed I got a really nice musky fruity floral, with cherry and cranberry from start to finish, and the drydown is soft and powdery. I wore this on a date in the city one wintery night, my partner was taking me to see a play.. he was wearing a suit, I was wearing a lacey black dress.. and this perfume smelt so luxurious and sexy. Definitely worth a try :)

rosembloom
rosembloom

Enchanting! I love that tomatoe note that calm down all those fruit! A fruitchouli for sure that reminds me of Hard Candy mixed with La Petite Robe Noire. Add a bit of Lolita Lempika and voilà! But those fruit are sooo mouthwatering in the opening. Love me some raspberry anc Cranberry combo: result: sweet fruity tartness. ( so akin to Délices de cartier). In the heart, I smell delicate florals and Pepper. Unfortunately the heliotrope is not proeminent on my skin: oh, marzipan goodness.. perhaps in colder weather it will! The drydown reminds me of many other perfumes: creamy sandalwood and spices laid on an amber base. A really lovely creation. Shall stick with the mini for now but the new créations by Chantal Thomas do seem sweet!

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of Chantal Thomass is peculiar, a lot of cherries, cranberries and raspberries, and most of all, a striking tomato scent! This combination to my nose smells exactly like dried cherry tomato, yummy and very delightful.

After about 3 hours, the fragrance settles down into a powdery floral skin scent while sandalwood and a light touch of pathouli preventing it falling bland. This phase reminds me of Givenchy Dahlia Noir. Both are chiffon-like understated scents.

The sillage is moderate during the opening then it mellows down into a skin scent and it can reach to 7 hours for longevity in a hot summer day. I think it's a clever fragrance, with a memorising opening and a comforting drydown. I wouldn't recommend blind buying it as the opening is quite a particular scent but it certainly worths a try!

this is a pretty little gem. a light cherry powder musk. great for warm casual days. the down side.. it dosen't last longer than an hour. i love it, but my one bottle will be enough due to the poor lasting power.

Jellybean
Jellybean

I must say I fan this scent quite a lot! It is a beautiful sweet cherry perfume with juicy berries and touch of soft powdery notes and musk. Think of Lolita Lempicka with less powder. Addictive, can't stop smelling it. Really, really pleasant sweet fruity gourmand. Great for days when you want to smell yummy and fancy. Wish it lasted longer than 3 hours.
Even at that purchase will be highly considered:)

vld

Love this. My signature now. I get licorice but it says no licorice in it. Fruits make it fresh and it winds up powdery cherry sweetness.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I'm so pleased I found a bottle of this as I missed it when it was first released. It's strange but when I first spray it it smells of blackcurrant and licorice,neither of which are notes in this perfume! It must be the combination of the berries and the musky elements together. The lasting scent once the top notes have worn off is a lovely powdery and musky floral with a hint of rose and violet- lovely.

CozyCat
CozyCat

Something about Chantal Thomass reminds me of Hypnotic Poison or Hypnotic Poison Sensuelle, but with added red berries and baby powder, and minus the dark rootbeer nuance...If they were fabrics, HP would be thick velvet, and CT would be chiffon or lace. I get alot of cherries, almonds, sandalwood, heliotrope and iris, which gives this scent a powdery, sensual feel. A younger, lighter, fruitier and friendlier Hypnotic Poison. I like it alot. Will be buying very soon! It's not a casual scent, but I would wear this day or night...it isn't too strong either, so I think it's good for most seasons except when it's very warm.

Kamaty
Kamaty

First snif on my wrist i Hate it !!!!!
Ok lets give a second chance...
Another day spray on my neck and my t shirt. Begin strong but few minuts i could smell deliciuos ... Was a pleasant surprise !
Is sweet whit hint of some tea i think is grapefruit .
Is more fruit than floral but not sick fruit, more like fruit tea...
I'm loving smell this!!!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

ugh this is verrrry powdery, makes me sneeze when i sniff to near my wrist. maybe i should have applied it whit lighter hand, the scent is not overhelming but strong enough to just apply a lil' bit.
i can t detect any sweetness in the way i expected by the notes! to me it smells exactly like sour berry-cherry and licorice, a very dusty pale pink velvety vintage rose, on a very powdery iris/woody-patchouli note.
hmmm interesting fragrance, it is shurely not love at first try, but as longer as it swirls around me, than longer i enjoy it somehow. sillage is great and longivity as well.
i miss a bit the expected sweetness of rasperry, the floral smoothness of heliotrope, the creaminess from sandlwood, the warmth of amber or some floral sweets of orangeflower or violet. i can t really distinct any of those mentioned aromas, but very much no sugery but very powdery licorice, no facettes and morphs as far, quite linear and flat.
it is really powdery, it is a bit too much, guess for the strong patchouli? next time will applie with lighter hand to see the result.
i don t dislike it, the aroma is intriguing as far u can stand licorice and mossy-powder. but it's far away to be a superbe fragrance. maybe it's sexy... some really rough sexyness. reminds me strongly to my love-hate-relationship to Allure Sensuelle by Chanel for the same reasons: much patchouli and powder and its rough dirty sexyness.

update: after a few hours i can still smell it very intense, and it's sweet, musty with rasperry and all things i missed at first... also there is a distinct marzipan note noticable now! stays and lingers very well on clothes and hair.... wow! really sexy and sweet.
the disturbing patchouli and also the licorice aroma faded away and were replaced by daring sweet cherry/rasperry, still slightly powdery and earthy.
this morning when i recieved and applied the perfume it cames from the cold outside. maybe when the bottle and juice are cold, the perfume needs more time to developpe right on the skin.

sarahsaylor
sarahsaylor

One of my all time favorites. I get a soft marzipan note on my skin. I sincerely hope I will always be able to have a bottle of this around. I like the powder/cherry feel from this.

Dj_play_manson
Dj_play_manson

Perfume poderoso!!!!
Muito sensual...
I LUV.

LouQ
LouQ

This perfume is the greatest I have ever worn. There is nothing else like it and it is so hard to find in shops in the UK. I love it.

lgorz
lgorz

Smart bottle, I cannot stand this fruity cherrystrawberry notes!NOt for me

passionata20
passionata20

02. february 2011

A bit too powderly and too much cherries for me, but it is nice. Sadly doesn´t last on me but is very good on my grandma, who i gave it to. The bottle is really gorgeous.
Simple as it is, this scent is mostly about cherries. And powder. But in a good way, doesn´t smell old fashioned at all, the smell of boudoir, since Chantal Thomass is the brand for sexy lingerie after all.

UPDATE: (july 2013) there is a good clone for more younger crowd of "Chantal Thomass" with less powder - GUERLAIN´s "La petite robe noire" (the mass production one, not the earlier editions of the same scent, i am not familiar with those ones) in EDP. The Guerlain has more cherries and they are more bright, but in general it has the same aura and the body lotion of "La petite robe noire" gives you the feeling of wearing "Chantal Thomass". Good and affordable substitute if you can´t find "Chantal".

delphine67
delphine67

I love this fragrance, very powdery and floral. A scent thats stands out of the crowd. Lots of cherries and cranberries in the opening sandalwood and patchouli in the dry down . turns on skin in a wonderfull sweet cherrie sandalwood scent. love this perfume so mutch

arianperfume
arianperfume

I love this, but floral-fruity??? I don't think so, it is a gourmand one, ressembles Wish from Chopard + a touch of red fruits. Very girly and sexy in my oppinion in an innocent way, makes one want to eat you:))Lasts a long time on my skin too, sillage is good.

Love the bottle! My boyfriend loves this perfume on me, but everyone else tells me it smells like baby powder...

Trvevil
Trvevil

Eh, I expected at least something from this one...
It's just a floral, ordinary somehow..
Of course there's one unusual thing in it- tomatoe note- and it lasts on me even with middle notes. Never been a fan of tomatoe smell- I never eat fresh tomatoes only baked..
For me it seems pretty boring, what came to mind at first was white laced underwear that lied in wardrobe for years. White never fit me and this is not for me too. I expected something more.

sjanira
sjanira

Wow! very sexy, it's an explosion of berries and cherries! A little powdery at the end. Very delicious, the bottle is simply adorable.

smachica
smachica

Sexy perfume! Something for the boudoir! Sweet, sexy a hint of moss, or wood, stays on the skin all day.

mellybee
mellybee

I totally disagree with the above description: "passionate and shocking fruity-floral fragrance".
That is what you expect judged by looks since the bottle itself is very provocative and sexy (due to the fact that Chantal Thomass is a French lingerie brand). The juice in the bottle is in my opinion more innocent - although some spiciness in the heart (I'm not sure but it makes me think of liquorice) adds a twist to the basically floral fragrance - so I can imagine to wear it on a hot summer day with a particolored cotton dress.
What a pity that this essentially lovely scent disappears from my skin really quickly.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Gisteren gekregen, op ebay gekocht voor ong. 10 euro's incl verzendkosten.
In een woord, jakkes....
Lijkt een beetje ( veel) op carolina herrera 212 Sexy, alleen 3x zo sterk.

Bought it on ebay for 4 ( 10 incl.) euro's.
Didn't like it at all. For me a litle ( much?) like carolina herrera 212 Sexy, only 3x stronger. yuck.

xmarie
xmarie

This is a very sexy perfume! I love it!!
and the bottle is incredible!!

archangel
archangel

I absolutely love this perfume! Very unusual odour.

aoi_hana
aoi_hana

I love this perfume! The smell is so sweet and feminine. It doesn't last very long on me, though... It brings back wonderful memories of the last time I was in love like a silly schoolgirl :)
I remember I got it for nearly nothing in Washington, D.C., they were practically giving it away, I wish I had bought five bottles!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chantal Thomass Chantal Thomass fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chantal Thomass Chantal Thomass, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chantal Thomass by Chantal Thomass. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chantal Thomass by Chantal Thomass represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.