Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 Christian Dior for men

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 Christian Dior for men
dislike

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 Christian Dior for men Pictures Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 Christian Dior for men Pictures

In April 2017, Dior launches a new edition of Eau Sauvage Parfum. Francois Demachy wanted to create a more rounded version that will be closer to their original signature, as well as to refresh its aromatic strength, emphasize the warmth and intensify the composition. Its citrus - woody - spicy structure, which combines an elegant freshness and warm accords, is allegedly "sunny" and exudes a bright naturalness.

The citrusy beginning of the composition blends sweet cedrat with San Carlo bergamot. After this fresh opening, delicate notes of lavender absolute come to play. The heart of the perfume contains Haitian vetiver, its woody character amplified and purified. Warm and intense notes of elemi from the Philippines end this creation in the base of the perfume.

The advertising campaign brings back unpublished images of actor Alain Delon while shooting the movie "La Piscine" from 1969, as an emblem of masculine beauty and French elegance. The fragrance is available as a 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Citron Bergamot Lavender

Haitian Vetiver

elemi

Eau Sauvage Parfum

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 Fragrance Reviews

Raidthesaladbar
Raidthesaladbar

After testing the reissued DHS 2017, I expected the new Eau Sauvage EdP to be another trainwreck from Dior. Surprisingly though, this reformulation is far less drastic than I had anticipated.

The good news is that Dior has preserved the slightly dusty, resinous-rubbery structure. All they did was add a hint more citrus up top and substitute the smooth, fresh myrrh of the original with a far less interesting accord of elemi resin. The texture and feel is the same - it just smells more banal.

Quite frankly, I don't understand the logic behind this reissue. For instance, the reformulations of DHS may have been artistic seppuku, but they at least had a clear marketing strategy behind them (tone down the scent's unique facets to appeal to a wider audience). But what's the point of the new Eau Sauvage EdP? People who disliked the original almost certainly aren't going to care for the new one, because it's still way too far off the beaten path for Johnny Cologne to like it. So all Dior really achieved was to show us once more how little they care about creative vision and their own heritage. Well done, guys.

I've tested it and...

It's the old good Eau Sauvage Parfum with more citrus freshness added to it. A bit more modern, but still classy.

No need for me to buy backup bottles of 2012 version.

XLsizeNoodle
XLsizeNoodle

I smelled it today and it's a lot like the old one except you can smell the citruses, this is more fitting as a flanker to Eau Sauvage but the 2012 was way better. This is not as creamy, it's a bit fresher.

Think of it this way, it is the same fragrance as before with all the things that made it so special taken out. I don't know how to feel about it and that's the scary bit, I would have like to feel something for it, even disliking it but no it has just become dull.

doniking
doniking

I hope this is only for europe. And the rest of the world enjoy 2012 version. Only europe needs ifra regulations.

What? Why? WHY?!

Why reformulate such a good, complex and outstanding fragrance like Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum?

It's going straight to hate relationship between me and Francois Demachy.

Strathairn
Strathairn

Perfume aside for a moment, this is my favorite bottle design to date.

JanneMan45
JanneMan45

The juice of this one is a lighter green than the previous 2012 parfum.

The smell is a little more citrusy in the beginning, the heart is still nice and projects.

I like the old one a little more, but this is still not bad.

redsilver
redsilver

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012 for the ones that dont know was reformulate due IFRA arround 2013-2014. The first color of juice was yellow and was a beast mode performance. The last one is more greener and the performance it is not bad, but nothing compared to the beast mode of the first one.

Anyway, wish people dont start to dislike this one for more one reformulation (this one clearly informed by DIOR). I am waiting this to hit Portugal to give it a try.

Aceborne
Aceborne

If I buy this it will have to be a blind buy (I know, I know...) through a catalog soon so I need your help guys, but I have the feeling you are giving this such a low score more as a protest because of your frustation that they reformulated it (and/or because is not as good when comparing it to the 2011/2012 version) than scoring it base on the product itself.

Can you guys please edit your reviews to add now an opinion on this fragrance as a standalone, as if it had no relation to any previous Dior lines?

Because for instance, I have never smelt the previous one and if I won't be able to get it now, any comparison between the two is useless to me and to others in my situation. I'm not someone who makes blind buys but I'm considering if I should make an exception with this one so your opinion matters a lot. Thanks beforehand.

Leopold
Leopold

It finally hit the shelves in Belgium and I was sooo excited to try it!

My first impression in the shop was that it was not so distant from the 2012 batch. Now that I have the two together in front of me the differences are more obvious. The opening is fairly similar. After a while the Vetiver is definitely more noticeable, at least with my body chemistry. As much as I like myrrh, its absence is well made up by the new composition. I've been using both myrrh and elemi essential oils at home and elemi is nowhere as distinctive and impressive as myrrh when I use it in a composition. I thought getting rid of myrrh would ruin this scent but it's not the disaster I expected.

I need more tries but altogether I feel it's a drier version of the previous one. I think I like it but my local shop still has one bottle of the 2012 batch so I'll play it safe for the moment and stock up.

fromthebayandaroundtheway
fromthebayandaroundtheway

Just tried this today in France and I can say it is a tweaking of the original (and like many others I hold the original sacred). The sweetness and citrus is ramped up a touch. There is a clear appearance of lavender as well, which plays off the vetiver. This scent to me has been rendered a lot lighter than the original... I cannot say it is a good thing or a bad thing. If the original could be likened to tall dark and handsome, then the 2017 version is its' outdoorsy lighter brother. I cannot render a true final verdict. I think more tests are needed.

Sandhamnar
Sandhamnar

They have finally destroyed a true Masterpiece! How in the h... can they???
I bought six more before this one, almost got a liter now - but what then... this is so sad..

konkok
konkok

I used to have the original eau sauvage parfum and now I just got this. I have to say my favourite of all the eau sauvage line is eau sauvage extreme ( a real compliment magnet)

SMELL:

This smells 80 percent like the original eau sauvage parfum.
This is more citrusy at the top, and the base is a bit creamy instead of the original which is thick and much more resinous. You can smell a dusty vetiver which I don't like: It reminds me lot to an old-school vetiver like Guerlain vetiver.. I ask 5 girls today and nobody liked it. But IMO it's not a fragrance to use to attract the ladies or so..

PERFORMANCE:

THIS IS A BEAST !!! Seriously I sprayed 10 hours ago, and even after a shower I can still smell it on me .
This is much more potent than the original eau sauvage parfum

COMPLIMENT

Unfortunately, just like the original one THIS IS NOT A COMPLIMENT GETTER. It's smells a bit dusty,so it's not like your typical clean fresh, out of the shower type of fragrance

CONCLUSION

Do not blind buy this one. You have to try it several times on your skin to see with this one.

kl99
kl99

It smell like yeast.

The contrast between round notes of vetiver and the agrumes incensed ones make a sort of acidity/talc effect I dont like, because the acid here win.
Was better the old one, this is just far in similarity with the other.
Basically another fragrance and the adjectiv Parfum is not justified. This is not so bold.
Nice, weareable, but ordinary.

benjamin.butkowski
benjamin.butkowski

Just got an email from a Dior Rep, and they say this is Europe only. Bummer. :(

lovetribe
lovetribe

I had a sephora italy sample today !!!
Apparently the old perfume has been interrupted.
First impressions: it is first of all a different scent.
Opening citrusy but not acidic (after it will be)
Cedar is quite sweet and very strong and pleasant. strong bergamot . Lavender medium strong. after will be more strong.
excellent start. Definitely a summer perfume for now.
There is something slightly smoky in the distance even though it is not listed in the notes.
 The elemi that has that smell like fennel makes its strong appearance and it does not fade anymore , it makes this parfum the resinous and sharp . The vetiver completes it all with its odor of cleanliness.
All notes continue to be present for the duration of the perfume.
Conclusions: it is a pleasant, different, elegant scent. It is not a sporty citrus but is similar to a classic like boucheron pour homme, armani pour homme or eau sauvage but modernized. it's pleasant . give to me a sense of burning to the nostrils. The elemi and lavender now make it acid. All the notes give a nice and positive vibes. If you are looking for something modern this is the perfume for you.
Finally something different, not invictus or sauvage clone! Do not make a blind purchase especially if you expect something similar to the old perfume sauvage. Vote 8/10 longevity: 7-12 hours. Sillage: an arm.
Pro: for those who do not like sports citrus but wants a classy citrus
. strong parfum.a perfume suitable for the day in the office. Or a walk in the open air. A classic modernized citrus.

Against: It is not in the category of perfumes I would buy, but it is a personal taste even if it is a well-made perfume. It is not a substitute for old sauvage parfum since it is very different.

Similar to ..: boucheron pour homme, armani pour homme.

majecatracho
majecatracho

i will try it, but to me, the original one is an awesome smell. i will start stashing bottles before it gets replaced.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.