Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Fahrenheit Cologne Christian Dior for men
dislike

Fahrenheit Cologne Christian Dior for men Videos
Fahrenheit Cologne Christian Dior for men Pictures

Fahrenheit Cologne by Christian Dior is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Fahrenheit Cologne was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top notes are sicilian mandarin, calabrian bergamot and lemon; middle notes are patchouli and french violet; base notes are haitian vetiver, virginian cedar, nutmeg and caraway.

Sicilian Mandarin Calabrian bergamot Lemon

--------------------------------------------------------------------
09.2/10.0 - Total

sproaty
sproaty

I blind-bought this used from eBay. When it arrived, I put a test spray on my hand and absolutely struggled to detect any smell whatsoever. I was disappointed that I'd bought another fake - even though the bottle looked spot-on with no obvious signs pointing to it being counterfeit.

Later on I went in the shower, and as a small amount of water hit my hand where I'd sprayed, it really brought the scent to life. This was 2 hours after spraying, but unfortunately the smell did not survive a shower.

Today it was a pretty nice day so I thought I'd re-test it. Applied 7 sprays (at 8:30) and there was definitely a smell present in my vicinity. Around 11:30, a colleague and I went on break, and it seemed to me that the scent had died off. Sitting next to him in his car, I asked "can you smell me?" to which he said "no". Followed by "...oh wait, are you wearing Fahrenheit?" which really surprised me.

Later on at 4pm there is still a noticeable smell which has really surprised me. It's now 7pm as I type this and it is still there. So, definitely not a slouch in the performance area!

So, how does it smell? Well the Fahrenheit DNA is definitely still here, but toned back a little and brightened by some nice citrus. I really enjoy this - not that Fahrenheit itself is not a versatile fragrance, but Fahrenheit Cologne truly is, with great performance for an EDC.

I look forward to wearing this a lot more now as the warmer weather is with us (and Fahrenheit EDT when the dreary days rear their head)

camposg
camposg

I live and die by the original Fahrenheit but here's my take on the cologne version. It is the original still with the same violet note front and center but this has a bright background it has a wonderfully blended citrus this is nice. It's a lighter version of the original in terms of performance though. I own it and so far I've only worn it a few times so far but I hate to say that it doesn't project, it's very very weak, basically it's a sillage fragrance but it doesn't even really last that long. For a fragrance like this, whatever you pay is overpaying for it. The performance for this bottle is really bizarre to me I just can't understand this.

I cannot understand how the fragrance industry has determined that men should smell soft and light. To make fragrances for us so weak. I believe men should project beastly, loud and strong. Smell powerful and masculine. This trend for years now is very disturbing to me. I think after this I'm going to distance myself from the fragrance industry until they begin to respect their consumers and bring forth value for our money.

CharlieBrown
CharlieBrown

If you have smelled Aqua Fahrenheit, this is similar. Albeit a neutered version of it. Subtract the leather and mint, add extra fresh citrus and a brighter violet. This would be perfect for the later months of Spring. I found the longevity, projection, and silage of Fahrenheit Cologne to be weaker than Aqua, the original, and the parfum version.

afterdark
afterdark

I could never get myself to like Fahrenheit the original because of that dirty smell of barn and petrol. This one though is much brighter, a lot more pleasing without that overwhelming smell of petrol and synthetic dirt and gas. They have added mandarin to the original and took away a few heavy notes and the result is this interesting and pleasing fragrance.

Voyager74
Voyager74

Calmly romantic

joenick68
joenick68

No disappointment at all, I think this a great flanker from this legendary fragrance, it gives you what it should be given in a "Cologne" version, subtle but with a great presence. First time wearing it and I am really pleased with it.

dsyben
dsyben

I have tried this on the test strip a bunch of times and really thought it was great. Today I sprayed it on my wrist in the store to test it on my skin. I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the way it develops. It's pretty generic as it settles in and kind of smells like fancy hand soap or something. I think I will pass.

milancelisac
milancelisac

There's something in this that the pre-reformulation original had, which I absolutely adore! That is in fact what made me fall in love with Fahrenheit in the first place! Now, what could that be? Something that lingers as a dominant note in the drydown which the reformulated Fahrenheit lost. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Another masterpiece by Dior is lunched. Farenheit Cologne is a masculine perfume with great longevity and projection. It is a Fresh and Citrus base perfume with Woody and Flowery accords. I also can Smell some spicy notes too. The main notes are Violet, Bergamot, Orange and Lemon which are mixed with Patchouli and Vetiver. With no doubt It is one of the best perfumes for Summer and Spring. A magnificent fragrance for daily usage and leisure activities.
Sillage : 8/10

Nando Arce
Nando Arce

This fragrance ad is amazing, can´t wait to smell it! I really love dior fahrenheit so i hope this one fits with my preferences!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

A sweet and powdery lighter version of the original, nice for hot summer's days, it lasts very well, but to my nose it doesn't project an awful lot. Super fresh, enjoyable fragrance.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Fahrenheit Cologne

By Christian Dior

Mandarin Orange Lemon Bergamot

Violet Patchouli

Vetiver Cedar Wood Nutmeg Caraway

For me as a perfumista that wears both men's colognes and women's perfumes the 2015 cologne edition of Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, last year's release, is more feminine and unisex and therefore perfectly suited to my tastes. I love the look of the bottle but I think the Fahrenheit and heat wave motif is way off. This is a beautiful violet on woods perfume. It's citrusy floral, woodsy, patchouli and spices. One would think that these notes would make this fragrance rather strong and as a cologne it should be, but it's really more of a light weight toilette. I encountered this fragrance last year when a good male friend of mine Hudson wore this perfume. He has a penchant for softer men's fragrances and this really smells so good on him. This is something to scent your button-up dressy shirt collar with. It's very appropriate for office wear, interviews, a night out with the guys (or girls). Just lovely.

The top consists of citruses: bergamot orange, mandarin orange and lemon. Naturally this is a man's citrus scent which means it's fresh and cool, cold even, sharp and bright. It's a delectable summery orange scent that dominates the first part of the fragrance's performance and might even be responsible for the moniker Fahrenheit because it tends to become hotter and almost like the citrus in Shalimar. But not quite. If you like citrus based perfumes, this is very nice. It's all about the citrus as it begins before it plunges into a floral-patchouli middle stage.

The heart consists of patchouli leaves, green, aromatic, herbal, and flowery. It smells more like a distant whiff of patchouli shrub flowers. It's not a strong cannabis but it is herbal and feels very floral. The violet is behaving more like a lavender. If you have ever worn lavender and patchouli combinations you'll know that it's spicy or spicy-floral. This is exactly what this smells like: spiced-up lavender. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love the violet. The violet is the only floral note in it so there's no need to be concerned with this scent becoming too floral or feminine for a guy. The patchouli keeps it interesting and on the masculine side. However, as I said before, it's not terribly aromatic.

Finally the spices show up as the violet fades away and it's a caraway and nutmeg delight. It's spicy but not strong. This is still smelling of a light violet and patchouli even as the spices begin to emerge. The spices go well with the patchouli. The woods are soft and I could detect a cedar wood extract. This is neither too woodsy nor too floral. It's more of a huge citrus top which then becomes progressively daintier as it turns into woods.

Extremely easy to wear and smells great in the spring and summer. It's a day time scent, not an evening cologne. I hope this review is being read by a male or female who gender-bends and would like to experience a very remarkable, simple and effective cologne like this one. I always associate this cologne with my good friend as he is wearing it more often now that the weather is hot. Fahrenheit never does heat up as much the original which I have worn and experimented with but did not like. Too much for me although it is a terrific Dior men's frag.

Dior treats their men's colognes with less attention to detail and they aren't always mind-blowing nor that engaging, but this is the one cologne - I refer to Fahrenheit - and Dior's Sauvage are the best frags for men in their line. Dior has always been a much better line for women's perfumes.

bet85

I sniffed this thinking i was going to hate it. Since i did not like Eau Sauvage Cologne. But Wow. This really is delicious. I love the fahrenheit DNA in this. It really resemble Aqua fahrenheit minus the strong grapefruit and vetiver. Imagine the citruses in original Fahrenheit times x10. Remove the leather and 50% of violet leaf and you get this fresh cologne. Dior made a more appealing mass market cologne for the Fahrenheit line. So now i am really worried about Aqua Fahrenheit being discontinued. Aqua really performed well on my skin, longevity and projection wise.(compliments galore) This Cologne i feel wont do as well since its much lighter and fresher. My girlfriend still prefers Aqua. And i agree, its more masculine, and it has more development. But this Cologne is very nice, it puts a smile on my face every time i smell my writs. Two thumbs up in end. Also this reminds me of another fresh cologne. I know ive smelled something very similar to this but i cant find what it is. Its driving me crazy.
I would also like to add that this smells more similar to the original than Aqua.

dda
dda

To me this resembles Aqua Fahrenheit, minus the Leather and with much more dominating Citrus notes.

= a quite well blended, summerized flanker of the original Fahrenheit imho

Ricks44
Ricks44

Ordered a sample off this. Very excited to try it.

Upon testing it, it strongly reminds me of Eau Sauvage Cologne in the dry down with a hint of Fahrenheit. To summarise, it smells like citrus water. Quite mature. I also received a sample of Fahrenheit Absolute, which is gorgeous.

I don't see the point in this release. I wear Fahrenheit in Summer anyway, making this redundant. These are my initial thoughts. I was hoping for something worth buying for holiday but I'll take the original.

It's powdery citrus along the lines of the cologne version of Eau Sauvage with a hint of Fahrenheit.

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

cucumber + violet = smells nice when sprayed in the air and not so nice on my skin

bring back good ole Fahrenheit before it was reformulated...I mean all those pre-2006 versions

nonsisa
nonsisa

Fahrenheit Cologne starts of with the typical cucumber like opening. From there on it develops to a citrus y violet that is underlined by a special vetiver note.

If you're looking for a violet scent that is full of citrus notes this one is for you.

In conclusion it's a nice experience. Nevertheless it remains questionable if you really have to own this scent.

lovetribe
lovetribe

smells of detergent for dishes and purple.
it has a base of Fahrenheit in the drydown but not worth the expense as well as fahrenheit water.
mediocre performance.
too citrus.

Wizology
Wizology

(sample)

Fahrenheit Cologne opens with lots of citrus (Orange & Lemon). Followed by the Violet which is most prominent and lingers; but with a hint of Mint and earthiness. Fresh & vibrant, a little fruity and almost sporty. The dry-down, which is somewhat powdery, is nice and something to look forward to.

Sillage : 7/10
Overall : 7/10

manu.tq
manu.tq

I find it very soapy, as in washing detergent soapy, mixed around citrus-flowery. Absolutely nothing amazing. The woody/spicy base is more acceptable bu feels generic. Longevity seems decent.

Overall, 5/10.

Santos89
Santos89

Fahrenheit Cologne starts with a quite nice lemon-bergamot combo with hints of sweet mandarin. Quite well made and has a faint similarity to Dior Homme Cologne.

Then comes the classic violet leaf note from the original, backed by patchouli. It's quite nicely done, but also quite unspectacular. It's almost as if the violet leaf note is tacked on to this composition, making it seem quite unbalanced.

The base is your standard fresh fragrance fare. Nondescript woods and a bit of vetiver.

Fahrenheit Cologne is not bad at all, but it's really unremarkable. I don't get why they'd make a cologne version of this? Especially one that is this bland, as Aqua Fahrenheit actually made a good attempt at combining the originals dna with some fresh notes.

Maybe I am biased towards this. I love the original, it's one of my favorite fragrances, and I've never found a flanker that was as good as that - with the exception of Fahrenheit Absolute.

Overall, I'd say you can do much worse than this. It's not a bad scent at all. However, I'd go for Dior Homme Cologne instead. It's much better crafted and the scent is just better in my opinion.

Longevity is surprisingly short. Maybe my skin eats this up, but I only get 2-3 hours.

Rating: 5.5/10

VILFI
VILFI

I saw this today for the first time and had no idea there was a new flanker in town. Being a fan of Fahrenheit, I tried it naturally. I expected nothing, a light scent with the DNA in the background. And it was kind of what I smelled, but despite this I actually liked it. Had to take a second sniff and thought about how it smelled like something new and exciting. Hard to place the scent, sort of familiar. It smells like Farenheit but in a new way. I have to try this again, very exciting.

mshilov
mshilov

The house of Dior continues to deal with it's heritage in a bad way. Who needs this diluted and pale copy of the original Fahrenheit for it's full price? Especially if Aqua Fahrenheit is on the same shelf. Ridiculous scent which doesn't respect at all the initial concept of Fahrenheit as the one of a bold and powerful fragrance for a modern man. This synergy of strength and romanticism so significant for original creation is diminished in this watery version of Fahrenheit. It's like a dingy black and white photo of the bright sunny day - it shows the same landscape, but gives you no idea of atmosphere, mood and color of the depicted subject.

citizenoftriton
citizenoftriton

It's out. While the local Dior stand was still waiting for it to be delivered today, I found Fahrenheit Cologne (FC) hiding between original Fahrenheit (F) and Aqua Fahrenheit (AF) in the shelves of a department store. It looked like it had always been a part of the Fahrenheit collection.

As was to be expected, the fragrance opens with a huge dose of citrus. It is more on the bergamot-lemony side than AF, which blasts you with grapefruit. After some time, FC dries down to reveal its individual take on the Fahrenheit theme. This time, they have emphasized the violets. I am talking about the flower, not the green violet leaves. If you ever wondered what part of original Fahrenheit is violets (or the aroma chemical that imitates violets), FC will tell you, just like Annick Goutal's Chèvrefeuille will tell you which part is the honeysuckle.

So this one is all about violets. The citrus seems to persist into the heart. It is floral, yes, but not sweet in the slightest. When I smell it, I envision a very dark, almost blackish purple color. However, it is not oil-based paint, more like strokes of watercolor.

All in all, FC is a very tart scent, less sweet even than original Fahrenheit. I don't smell any accords that I would associate with leather, as I do in F and AF. But the lawnmower fumes are there, somewhere. Longevity seems good. I can't really comment on projection yet, nor on compliments, if that is even a concern.

So was this one worth launching? If you're a Fahrenheit fan, FC will probably remind you of the original quite strongly, more so than Aqua Fahrenheit. However, it does not seem to be just a diluted version of the original, as the name might suggest, and as such, it complements the line well. It will probably work well in most weather, especially in the warm season. To my slight disappointment, I have not yet detected the signature cucumber note (i.e. violet leaf) so prominent in F and even more so in AF.

If you're also a fan of Aqua Fahrenheit, like I am, then you will regret learning that FC will in all likelihood replace AF (several Dior sales representatives have confirmed this). Now, that is an utterly UNACCEPTABLE move. Smelling F, FC and AF side by side, the one that stands out almost as a fragrance of its own is AF. It may be the friendliest of the three, but not in the least trivial, and it is NOT your average aquatic. The drydown is to die for, and the compliments it garners tell me I am not alone with this assessment.

So, while I welcome Fahrenheit Cologne as a new, tart addition to the line, I implore Dior to keep Aqua Fahrenheit alive. Guys, if it didn't sell well, it is not because of the scent.

EDIT, Feb 6, 2016: I was definitely wrong about the cucumber. Sprayed FC on my chest today. About 15 min later, I walk downstairs, wondering who made cucumber salad. Turns out that FC has a good dose of those signature violet leaves after all. Less present than in AF, but enough to make me think quite highly of FC. I still prefer AF, though.

groover
groover

Starts of very citrusy and powdry,
with the fahrenheith dna in the
background.
I tested it on my hand and took it
for a walk around the mall for a
chance to make it settle down a bit, i got
whiffs of it now and then, it smells quite
nice in my opinion, especially the drydown.
So what else could i do i bought i right away,
and i am not disappointed at all.

duzmantic
duzmantic

I actually like this one. The opening reminds me of Terre d'Hermes ETF. Burst of quality citruses in the opening then after about two hours it's like a much toned down Fahrenheit, which I actually like.

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

I tried this yesterday it's pretty much Dior homme cologne or eau sauvage cologne... Smells citrus from start to finish! It's fresh safe 'not dirty' and lasts for few hours.. If you like fresh clean citrus this one is for you.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

If you look at the notes and research most "cologne" flankers, they are generally more citrus summer spring type scents. Not just a "watered down" version of the original, they would just reformulate it if they wanted to do that. I have some Edc concentrations that hang with edp so that's not relevant as much as who the parfumer is and what ingredients are being used. Stay open minded as the Fahrenheit line from Dior has a reputation for releasing great flankers guy

bet85

Water down? C'mon guys, Francios Demachy isn't that lazy. We all know its going to have enhanced citrus and other fresh notes. But i am curious on how different its gonna be from Aqua Fahrenheit. Aqua was already a great "cologne" version of Fahrenheit imo. I hope they dont discontinue Aqua!

Mtl_Fahrenheit
Mtl_Fahrenheit

Skylab I think your b.s just my 2cents..it's sad your rating it and 2 other people did but didn't even tested it yet..SMH!!

Skylab
Skylab

I´ve got it from Dior directly. A "Eau Sauvage Cologne" clothing including the typical Fahrenheit DNA. It´s spicy, aquatic, fresh and woody! Durability is 4-6 hours but very skinny!

Aqua Fahrenheit is much more deeper, got another spicy taste and full bodied.

For all Aqua Fahrenheit fans - the new cologne is a much more watery version - not bad, but not amazing too...

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

Once a time I was upset because "Eau Sauvage Cologne". I didn´t want an eau de cologne from ene of my favorite fragrances. I didn´t want an eau de cologne version, because I considered the fragrance an eau de cologne itself. After I tested it, I loved it...and I bought it. I will test this one. I only wonder myself what will be the difference between this one and "Aqua Fahrenheit".

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Fahrenheit Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Fahrenheit Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fahrenheit Cologne by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fahrenheit Cologne by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.