Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

yellow floral
salty
J`Adore In Joy Christian Dior for women Videos
J`Adore In Joy Christian Dior for women Pictures J`Adore In Joy Christian Dior for women Pictures J`Adore In Joy Christian Dior for women Pictures

One of the pillars of the current perfume line from Dior, J`Adore, gets a new edition in the spring of 2017 called J`Adore In Joy. The fragrance is announced as the scent of joy, love for life, instant fun and the exclamation of spring. It is said to be a daring fruity- floral with a salty taste.

In-house perfumer Francois Demachy adds an unexpected and unusual touch of salt to the warm floral composition, inspired by the natural phenomenon and finest gourmet salt "Fleur de Sel". This salty accord in the top of the composition emphasizes the combination of white flowers that includes sambac jasmine, neroli, tuberose and ylang-ylang from Grasse. An accord of ripe peaches in the perfume’s base gives the whole composition a fruity touch.

J'adore In Joy comes in a renewed bottle with liquid gold-peach-colored sparkles that diffuse the light thanks to the convex bottom. The fragrance is available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml.

Sea Salt

Jasmine Sambac Ylang-Ylang Tuberose Neroli

Peach

Shi

J`Adore In Joy Fragrance Reviews

wendyha
wendyha

I find the original J'Adore a little dull, but this one I like! It is less middle of the road!

I always love jasmin, tuberrose and neroli in perfumes, but I think that the adding of salt is what makes this perfume so special and outstanding. It is more than just a fresh and happy spring scent.

Estela B
Estela B

Tested this today. If you are not a J'adore lover, and I am not, maybe you will find it lighter, easier than the original. But at least for me it doesn't have character enough to justify a buy. If it was a gift I would keep it and use it, for sure, but if I have to buy something I would go for other things Dior has to offer. Longevity is almost ok.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

DIVINE and guess what, I am not a fan of J'adore! No offence, it's just not me or my taste. I only liked a bit the EDT Lumiere edition, probably due to the neroli tone of Dior house.

Guys, just wake up! I love Dior more and more everyday but mostly due to his perfumes. We may have seen thousands of editions coming and go but this one is a must. I've never thought I could smell salt. This was promised by Olympea-Paco Rabanne, WANT-DSQ2, but J'adore in joy strikes 100% of the feeling.

If you're a lover of J'adore you may be shocked or pass by at first, but then the original EDP essence will follow, though not as a 'perfect' flower that doesn't exist according to Dior's nose Francois Demachy. Fresh, fresh, fresh. Salt if you may smell it, like a wave of the ocean smashing on a rock, a light touch of real peach (like the same trail Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet has on it's 'fruity' vibes) and then a nice harmony of white flowers.

Francois, PLEASE! Please try to bring back Miss Dior Cherie or at least something way better now. We're all praying, aren't we guys/girls? Imagine the salty pop-cornish vibe together with fine patchouli, neroli and a bit of caramel. Now that I think about it, I can live without it. Great lasting power, sillage depending on skin. Try it, remember my words and...just ENJOY it!

Wooster97
Wooster97

Just been launched at my place of work and it's doing really well!the peachy notes are instantly noticeable and perfect for summer,even though this is an edt a lot of people are saying they don't want the heaviness of the original jadore and so prefer this one for the time of year we are going into,warm peach crumble is what it reminds me of!

Grae
Grae

I really like the idea of warm, peachy notes, florals and then a touch of salt as a wee surprise - perhaps like a slightly more exciting version of Boss' The Scent! Though I had expected the peach to have more honeyed tones.
At first I tried on a blotter paper and when it settled I decided I liked it enough to try on skin, my skin can be a little temperamental though.
I put it on around 10 minutes ago, and it has now warmed with my skin and the peachy tones are coming through beautifully. There is still a nod to the original J'adore with the floral notes so the fragrance's heritage is clear, but it's a tad warmer an, in my opinion, a little more summery. Though I'm a sucker for a salty note in fragrances.
It is however an Eau de Toilette, not a parfum and I can't yet vouch for the longevity but we'll see how it goes.

*Update* It's only 3ish hours later and I can barely smell it, nor can my colleague. It's a lovely scent but if you're interested in the J'adore range I'd simply stick with the original Eau de Parfum

virga
virga

Maybe its my skin chemistry, but on my J`Adore In Joy smells like the water left in the bathtub after someone bathed in there for hours with expensive soaps and perfumed bath salts. By the way, I loved original J’Adore when I was a teenager, wore it for couple of years after it was just released. So this new flanker is definitely a miss, something just doesn’t work, a guess it’s the combination of ripped peach, jasmine and sea salt. While the original J’Adore is elegant fruity floral, joyful and with a sparkling quality, the new flanker is just soapy and damp.

AntoanetteS
AntoanetteS

It´s wrong to compare this one to the original J´adore when they obviously are supposed to be two different fragrances. This one is definitely salty in a good way.. I can´t think of other scent that resembles this one, to me this is simply amazing. Tried it on Sephora today and I think I finally found my new favorite summer fragrance...The sillage is amazing...I never knew I´d like salt in a perfume that much.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Prefer the original J'adore. This reminds me of many of the common smells out there. This is fresh with some zing to it. Reminds me of Alfred Sung Shi. There's a touch of tartness from the salt. It's quite appealing but perhaps potentially cloying and not particularly unique. Longevity unimpressive. Probably not something I would buy.

iamoir
iamoir

J'adore (and LVEB) flankers never cease to amaze me. Most of them I like more than their mamas; same here.

J'adore in Joy is exactly what it states: a scent of joy, love for life, instant fun and the exclamation of spring. I say summer too. Only in this case Demachy chooses to use more floral notes instead of fruit and gourmand notes that are mostly used in spring-summer related perfumes lately.

Yes, in the drydown there is an artificial note, but that's okay, it's bearable; you have to trace it alot. Fot the most part it sets powdery peachy on the skin after a nice detergent-like neroli, which is lost later. As for other florals in my opinion they appear and dissapear. A bit sad about tuberose, because i like the floral and would be happy for a more pronounced one with the already existing peach. But that's okay, at least we have neroli.

As for the salty flower: it's not that salty, so don't veer off because of it. Maybe this is the artificial note in it that might bother some customers, but do give it a sniff, it's not that terrible.

Nothing from the DNA of the original J'adore, thank God. A new scent. Although it does remind me of Burberry Weekend, but by no means they are close, I would just put them in the same family.

Longevity is up to 5 hours and in the beginning of wear time it projects very well, I got complimented. Later it stays close to the skin.

Feli15
Feli15

All I get is artificially flavored peach candy, a hint of salt and Windex cleaner. Please don't stone me for saying this, it could be just my nose picking up those notes. Please test before you buy as there is nothing j'adore to rediscover in this one.
I wish Dior stopped this flanker madness and concentrate on restoring the former glory of the original EDP. I would like to see that for a change.

Just received it, and this is beautiful ! At first it smelled like j' Adore edp, and I thought ok, not one I like too much, so expect a big bouquet at first, then a juicy warm note comes in, this smells sooo nice, the peaches give the fragrance a rounded golden vibe, nothing too fruity or synthetic, this is soft and smooth...I get a bit of the salt, or more the idea of the salt, which makes me think of a warm summer breeze coming from the sea, the salt is very light, i don't find the salt to be dominant one iota..actually I can hardly detect it..this remains a warm stylish floral, with a hint of yellow and fresh notes, it isn't sweet, it is fresh, Iand so nicely constructed...you can identify here the craftsmanship of Demachy.
To me, the best versions of the J Adore...I can see why the ones who typically love edp might not love Joy...it has a different vibe..the scent truly warms up in the sunshine...great !!
Now, seriously , this has nothing to do, even remotely with Womanity !

lilymorena
lilymorena

I was eager to test this fragance. Today i got a sample and i could test it twice. It reminded me a fragance I knew and yes of course ... Womanity. On my skin it turns fast into a skinscent that remains so for more then 8 hours. It is not a bad scent but I was waiting for a wow factor. As a j' adore fan I must have this too so it goes to my want list. My favorite is still L' absolu.

P.S:
3e test. A bright floral salty peachy and quite nice. It is a "like" not a "love", at least not yet, but I am still planning to buy it as a J'adore fan. I would also like to tell you that I am not trying to make an issue if I say that this perfume reminds me Womanity. That is so, just like that. I think there is no need to say that a scent reacts differently depending on the Chemistry. Thanks God :).

Salty floral scent, but salt dominates it. All in all, I am not a fan of salty perfumes.

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

Omg I was so excited to get a free sample from Malouf pharmacies Australia! They never give out samples normally. When I walked in-store, there stood the most beautiful display I've ever seen. Bottles of J'adore In Joy, surrounded by golden materials and glitter. I was immediately drawn to it like a magpie. I love huge white florals and am so sick of the same sweet fruity florals everywhere I go. In Joy was such a pleasant surprise. It's not overly sweet, even though it contains peach which I'm normally not a fan of. Everything just merges perfectly here. The beautiful white flowers are divine, mixing softly with this new salty note. Salt? If someone mentioned that before in perfumes I'd have thought of something aquatic or weird smelling, but here it just works. This is no ordinary fruity floral and the gold bottle is so stunning - just screams opulence but isn't over the top. You could wear this day or night in spring or winter. Lovely!!! That last photo of Charlize Theron is exactly how it smells if she were also surrounded by beautiful white flowers. I just wish I could afford a bottle now.

ETA: I sprayed this on again freshly washed skin and unfortunately that salty note turned rank on me; the exact same thing happens with most aquatic/marine/oceanic notes. I probably didn't notice it the first time as I was sampling several perfumes that day. Great reminder to never buy straight from store but wait! Luckily it's just a sample. Not the J'adore for me but willing to try other flankers.

Intoner
Intoner

The opening is very fresh, salty (like a sea breeze) and citrusy with the sweet tone of jasmine in the back. It's very cheerful, completely suit its name.
I sprayed it and went outdoor, and this one really bloom in the heat. You must try it yourself!

A little let down is the dry down that turns into original J'adore plus faint salty note, but the opening is ravishing!

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

Just got a sample. Fresh floral with an unusual light salty background. Very pretty. Like a Spring sea breeze.

Red Rose
Red Rose

instead of returning J'adore L'eau cologne floral they came out with this weird mixture that they call a fragrance?
I'm getting really disappointed in Dior year after year. Maybe some of their goods are exceptional but oh no not the fragrance collections they offer, not any creation is really that good. I purchased their iconic Diorific lipstick & the show range mascaras a countless of times, their bags & shoes are the ultimate fashion but when it comes to the fragrance...well, think again.
I may give this a try though my heart is forever broken since they discontinued my beloved L'eau cologne floral & Remember me from late 90's. Two of the most innocent scents I've ever came across & I'm not that young anymore.

maen
maen

Just launched here!!, real pretty fresh floral, different from J'Adore range has offer, is unique in it's own. I love the contrast between the salty note (nothing marine or calone) with the floral edge, Jasmin and White floral notes, makes an exclusive feeling, followed by a tiny fruity tone. Is soo bright, without being typical summery scent. Feminine and with a real elegance...
I have realized that causes reactions, friends who like regular or Absolu editions doesn't find attractive or totally opposite, so that is very interesting, fragrances which incite determinations.
It also doesn't fit into gourmands, is a new salty trend, which in this case is absolutely beautiful...
From my view doesn't resembles Womanity nor Olympea, not at all.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior J`Adore In Joy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior J`Adore In Joy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J`Adore In Joy by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J`Adore In Joy by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay