Designers » C » Floral « Groups

J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette Christian Dior for women

J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women
dislike

J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette  Christian Dior for women Pictures

J'adore Lumière comes out in the spring of 2016 as a new edition of the popular Dior J'adore perfume from 1999.

Dior’s in-house perfumer Francois Demachy wanted to emphasize the luminous character of the J'adore Eau de Toilette version from 2011. He wanted to strengthen its contrasts, adjust its layers and restore its freshness, remaining faithful to its original floral character. The aim for this new edition is to be filled with light, joy and zest for life, as the scent of white flowers and citruses under the hot Mediterranean sun.

The cheerful top notes explode with essence of blood orange. The fragrance unfolds with intense and fresh neroli from Vallauris. The sweet character of vanilla, blended with flowers of magnolia and fresh lemon, meets with lively notes of Damascus rose. Sensual sandalwood provides a sense of comfort, allowing the aroma to unfold even brighter.

Available as a 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Blood Orange Lemon

Manguier Metisse

J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

blake.lee
blake.lee

The is rose, citrus, vanilla and magnolia on me. On my skin it's more rose and citrus, but on my clothes is sandalwood and vanilla cake. I don't think I've ever had a fragrance smell so different on my clothes when compared to my skin. I like it on both though. It's very pretty!

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

It reminds me so much of my mum's first J'adore but in a more light and soft way, maybe let's say more natural compared to the EDP but as I can see there are so many reformulations and editions, classic for Dior house.

I like it and you know what? For an EDT it has a very nice lasting power and...sillage? I didn't spray on skin. I just like it but of course I am not dying compared to my favorite Miss Dior Eau de toilette that praying to God so never ever will face any reformulation/relaunch or whatever you wanna call it.

Dior is the best on perfumes, that's what I know. It's neroli and patchouli notes are the best ever experienced till now. On J'adore EDT Lumiere and newest edition I guess, magnolia is the star combined with light citrus/neroli/floral notes and for sure a sandalwood ending. Very feminine, 'sunny' and mummy type for my taste.

Kandikisses
Kandikisses

I was going to buy the original but, after spraying each on the back of my hand, this Eau De Toilette was more intense and smelled better with my body chemistry. Without telling them which was which, I asked two different sales associates to smell and tell me which they preferred and they both chose the hand that was sprayed with J'Adore Lumiere. Although I prefer perfumes, this is the longest lasting Eau De Toilette I own thus far. Unlike others, I don't have to smell my wrist just to get a faint whiff. I have worn this for 8+ hours without the need to reapply. It has good sillage. My husband keeps sniffing and complimenting me so it's definitely a keeper!You can wear this day into the evening but it is not a dark night on the town scent. Although they don't share the same notes, something about this reminds me of Chance Eau Tendre and Coco Chanel Mademoiselle but still unique in its own way. If you are looking for a sweet, citrus floral that's not too heavy and you can probably wear most of the year, then I think you should consider this beautifully crafted fragrance by Dior.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

A colleague of mine came in wearing this scent and I immediately recognized the J'Adore DNA (the original J'Adore is her signature scent), but knew it was different. She told me it was the Lumiere flanker and I was amazed because I smelled this as a sample from Sephora (the carded kind you peel back to reveal drops of fragrance) and it instantly felt like an ice pick up my nose when I smelled it at the time. On my colleague, this smelled like a pink candy coating innocently wrapped over the robust heart of J'Adore and I must go to Sephora to sample it now because it was divine on her! I might be disappointed, though, because the original J'Adore smells beautiful on her and smells like I bathed in liquified gold bars, LOL!

caterina eash
caterina eash

i love the citrus notes. vanilla & sandalwood give good long lasting to j'adore lumiere.

emmahlou
emmahlou

Really nice fresh, lemony floral. I enjoy this a lot more than the original J'adore.

Completely inoffensive and has an impressive throw. I received a 1ml sample with my purchase of Blooming Bouquet and with two sprays of that you can smell me across the room.

Magnolia, rose, blood orange and sandalwood stand out to me. Really nice and elegant.

Agata654
Agata654

I got this one recently and I love it! I don't know what it is about J'adore line, but I think every flanker in this series is so well structured and high-quality... Honestly, I prefer the flankers than the original EDP.

J'adore Lumiere EDT is a high-quality citrusy-floral scent. Yes, it resembles the original EDP, but on top of that also it's more fresh, less intense than the classic... At the beginning you can smell lovely citrus accord (mainly due to the blood orange note), it quickly fades away though and we are left with the floral, feminine, classy scent, which lasts for hours.

It certainly makes a great summer scent, but I also intend to wear it during fall and spring. Francois Demachy did a great job again!

Missmaassen
Missmaassen

Lumiere Eau de Toilette is the perfect twist on the Original. Its very feminine, classy and elegant. A very bright, sparkly scent that should liven up any ladies mood. It is an attractive scent that radiates confidence. Lumiere is so well blended together , all the notes match perfectly. any time i have this perfume on i feel very polished. Silage and longevity on me are really good. 8-10 hours . This would be a perfect gift for any woman. x

Giggra
Giggra

I was on a search for a summer scent. My faves are Bottega Veneta, Tom Ford Orchid (Black & Velvet), Gucci Guilty Black and Versace Crystal Noir. I like the deep moderate to large silage juices. However in the Spring and Summer they would knock out a small village.
So you see I needed something softer but absolutely not white floral. Because I dont like anything too floral. Really I don't. Not even after I went through 4 samples of this juice. Still didn't like it when I called my SA at Nordstroms to order the biggest size she could find. Even she said "Really?".
I never did like this. This earthy, musky, leather power lady can only say one thing...J'adore this beautifully blended floral.
If the original J'adore, or Chanele #5, smells like hot monkey @$$ on you (as it does on me) give this a try.

MyersAlice
MyersAlice

It kinda reminds me of a shampoo I had awhile back, but its a very pretty scent. Fresh, sweet floral, pretty simple.
I haven't found myself to like the other J'adore perfumes but I actually like this one a lot.

rziotti
rziotti

Scent: 9/10!
Sillage: weak
Longevity: weak
desapoint

Oh my, no it has NOTHING in common with Charlie Revlon??!!!

celebrity89
celebrity89

I don't mean to be sacrilegious, but this reminds me of Revlon Charlie with better ingredients.

xJessax
xJessax

This is a big LOVE for me! I always wanted to find a Dior fragrance that works with my body chemistry! This one is extremely simple, but extremely elegant, a fresher and lighter twist on the original J'adore. I wanted so bad to be able to wear J'adore EDP, but alas, on my skin it smells exactly the same as Marc Jacobs Daisy. It's a beautiful scent! But.. on me it smells like straight up bananas and soap..I was thrilled to try this at Ulta! On first impression, I'm hit with so much floral and very little of anything else, but as it settled I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist! It wore beautifully in the heat outside, it reminds me of a summertime garden party. It's amazing how different skin reacts to different scents... what might smell amazing on one person can react quite the opposite on yourself. This still gives me butterflies! The fresh and delicate magnolia, to the neroli, and the rose blended with citrus and vanilla... mmm it's like a dream! It's safe to say that it was love at first sniff! This beauty will certainly be on my wishlist from here on out! <3 This is a crisp, soft, ultra feminine floral fragrance without coming off too "mature", it remains nice and youthful with a touch of sparkling elegance!

Scent: 9/10!
Sillage: Moderate (for an EDT)
Longevity: 4-5 hours on my skin!

polkadot27
polkadot27

Very beautiful and feminine fragrance, fresh citrus floral. Very good silage especially for an EDT 9/10. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long on my skin 3 hours maximum. I expect more considering the price of such Dior fragrances. Will definitely buy it if I see it going cheap, but when does Dior ever go cheap? Really like this fragrance it is sensual and has that little something about it for me. It is warm inviting and feminine and fresh.

There is no pepper or patchoulie etc in this. Fresh citrus floral and some woods that is all. No potentially offensive notes at all. Which makes it a safe gift for anyone and everyone

Fragrance scent= 7/10
Silage= 9/10 for an EDT
Lasting power= 5/10
Bottle= 5/10

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

One of the most adorable declinations of J'adore. A bright explosion of magnolia. Very floral and feminine, delicate but at the same time with a strong personality. I can't help but associate it with the sun and the optimism it inspires.

chicandsweet
chicandsweet

I finally got to try this today and initially liked it. But about three minutes into spraying my wrist with it I felt a sharp, peppery smell each time I sniffed my wrist. I'd written the fragrance off entirely, but after about half an hour I realized how pretty and wearable it is. It's quite light, but definitely the floral I've been seeking. And that earlier pungence disappeared entirely. I'll have to respray it another day.

Top notes are nice, but middle notes are hardly bearable, because this magnolia smells in very cosmetic way. I mean - quite chemical. Later it gets slightly better, but not good enough to like it.

sandrajj
sandrajj

I just received this (bought online from Nordstrom) - so, only have had it on for about 2 hours. So far, I'm surrounded with magnolias and roses, with a bright citrus (blood orange?) top note - Lovely, I keep enhaling, enjoying this enchanting cloud of fragrance -
Can't wait to wear it when we are out with friends and dinner partners - I'm thinking J'Adore Lumiere will be noticed, but not at all intrusive.
I'm a big rose fan, and also magnolia, so I felt very confident this would be to my liking. Definately for spring and summer!

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Light, fresh, reminds me of the light sparkling Jimmy Choo fragrances. It's very of the moment, all clean florals and citrus, but it doesn't smell cheap.

I wouldn't say it's the most unique fragrance on the market, but it's pleasant and sweet and feminine.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Liked it better then oriental. Top notes are amazing. Light, classy floral perfume, feels like Dior quality.

carpp79
carpp79

I tested it today and I liked very much the first 5 minutes; the top notes are really great! After that, nothing extraordinary, it turns a bit common. Maybe I buy it, it's elegant, light and innofensive, good for work. But not sure yet.
Edit: tested it again today. Yes, the first 5 minutes are great, but I'm not gonna buy it, too inexpressive drydown. And to be true, original j'adore is much better.

Suzifun
Suzifun

I like this quite a bit. It's soft on me and elegant. At first I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. It seemed too elegant. For a woman with more class and money and much better clothes. But after the dry down, it was,soft and cozy, more my style. I decided it suited me just fine.

auroramaria
auroramaria

This reminds me of the EDT but it is more floral with a prominent rose it is very elegan and classy with an underlying sweetnes if you love rhe line this is a must try

Lizka7
Lizka7

I had J'adore, and was never impressed with it. I was just waiting until it is done. This perfume has more rose and magnolia in it, smell so much nicer. The drydown is still very rosy. As few reviewers mentioned, it has some jasmin and musk, but I like it, so it is not a problem for me.

lilymorena
lilymorena

After reading the reviews and testing it at Douglas I decided to buy it. I love J'adore perfumes and I must agree that we can recognise a member of the J'adore family anywhere. J'adore lumiere reminds me J'adore EDT but Lumiere is softer, moderner, less fruit and more floral. I still have a bottle of J'adore L'absolu that is too strong for some inside places. I thing J'adore lumiere is perfect for the spring and summer days.

ellina1984
ellina1984

This is most notably a member of the J' adore family. The closest it bears a resemblance to is the J' adore EDP. It's fresher and brighter, and it's also a relative to Dior Addict EDT. Like a cross between the two. Jasmine is definitely there, although I don't see it in the notes. Very nice, pretty and charming. But I think the EDP is my relative of choice.

gamme82
gamme82

I love this version good God its amazing and the longevity and sillage is more than average to moderate.
its fresh and floral and its quality for sure. im a huge fan of the original, and to say the least this is my second favorite from the line of j'adore.
this version does not have the woody dry down, you know the one that could turn soapy, which I think the original has a little.
definitly a fragrance worth buying, and its something most people find in offensive.

I agree it is very close to the other Dior creations it is very floral but soft at the same time
It also disappears fast so longevity is weak
I see no need to purchase it as it isn't so different
And it almost gave me a headache
So nice but nothing I honestly want in my collection
It smells nice and elegant though ! I wish the neroli would have been there as I love neroli but I just couldn't detect any !?
It smells similar to j' Adore Voile de Parfum...EDT is still my favorite as it is overall fresher.

Shwets
Shwets

On first impressions, similar to the original, but lacks this fruity pear type note. Will need to re-test.

The SA mentioned that the difference is one note: Rose sambac replaced with neroli. Im sure there are differences in more notes.

Is there such thing as rose sambac or did she mean jasmine sambac?

Update: if jasmine has been taken out and I can't see it listed, this explains why I like it better than the very similar original edt! It seems quite fruitier and sharper. I need to now do a side by side comparison.

Musky4
Musky4

I tested this perfume a few days ago. It's extremely similar to the other perfumes in the J'Adore line and has a fresh, floral vibe that will make it appropriate for Spring. If you're a fan of other J'Adores and like fresh scents then I'm sure you'll really like this. It's not my cup of tea though.

Aroussa
Aroussa

I'm especially crazy for a new fragrance when spring is coming. So I pounced on this new J'adore the first day it appeared in my local cosmetics store.

Somehow, upon the first couple of testings and sniffings on the inside of my wrist, I don't get the blood oranges (but I do get them in my current fave, Chanel Chance Eau Vive), and I don't detect any lemon, or any roses, for that matter... Perhaps all the layers and ingredients are blended so well together? What I do smell is a definite, unmistakable J'adore family member. And plenty of flower, maybe jasmin, or gardenia, or is it the magnolia? Definitely worth exploring again, next time will spritz it as I usually use perfume, to understand this fragrance better and to see if I can live a day in it.

A must-try for all J'adore lovers, looking forward to what other reviewers think!

I<3Perfume
I<3Perfume

I remember seeing this in an exhibition! Can't wait!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette , you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J'adore Lumiere Eau de Toilette by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.