Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

La Colle Noire Christian Dior for women and men

La Colle Noire Christian Dior for women and men
dislike

La Colle Noire Christian Dior for women and men Pictures

Dior presents a new edition within the exclusive collection La Collection Privée called La Colle Noire. The new fragrance is created by Dior's in-house perfumer Francois Demachy around the intense, expressive and dense aroma of May Rose absolute as the central component.

La Colle Noire is announced as a sunny composition dedicated to Grasse, a place that plays a vital part in the history of Dior perfumes. One of the castles of the Provence, Château de La Colle Noire, was bought by Christian Dior in 1951 and served as his favorite place to vacation in his retirement years.

The composition is floral, woody, musky and ambery at the same time. It includes notes of May rose, spices, sandelwood from Sri Lanka, other woods, white musk and amber."La Colle Noire celebrates Rose de Mai, melded with spices, woods, amber and musks. The Grasse Rose is unique, spicy and powerful. It is not overly sweet, it conveys all the raw and sun-drenched beauty of this region in the south of France." - François Demachy.

The fragrance is available in bottles of 120, 250 and 450 ml Eau de Parfum. La Colle Noire was launched in 2016.

Lemon

Spices May Rose Black Currant Lily-of-the-Valley Peony Raspberry Peach

Amber White Musk Sandalwood Heliotrope Agarwood (Oud)

Rosa Nobile

La Colle Noire Fragrance Reviews

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

This is a spicy complex yet light and refreshing rose--wears equally well in summer or winter. There is predominant raspberry note along with balsamic woody aspects. It reminds me a bit of a lighter Serge Lutens Bois line, less deep however and more sparkling. However, it is similarly unisex. As a woman, I enjoy scents like this, but it would wear splendidly on a man. The peach and heliotrope do not seem strong, and I really cannot pick them up, perhaps blended so well, or, just my skin. In short, if POAL was turned down to a mere whisper and the patchouli removed and swapped for "spices" here, this is what you get, with a little of SL Rose de nuit (very little of the latter, but in that vein).

My major quibbles: absolutely no silage and very poor longevity for my skin. This is a skin scent, no trail, and dies off fast. So, while lovely, I don't love. This one is a strong like and a try before you buy. I'll go back to my SL Roses and Tauer's--great silage and longevity, and, in the case of the latter, tremendous value.

Shaakyla
Shaakyla

The 1st time im exposed to dior private house collection.. impressive there is definately generic dna of dior addict 2, but has its own stand alone smell. Definately a head turner. I would say id love this as my signture smell defintely uncommon scent here in my sunny island. Its sextacy to me:)

jayssen
jayssen

Such a beautiful, light rose fragrance. There are moments when it reminds me of Jo Malone Red Roses because this is not your deep rose, or jammy rose, or sweet rose. This is almost a rosehip rose, a scent that often comes from pairing rose with lemon. The fruits sneak a peek every now and again, but they are very, very subtle. The heart of the fragrance is definitely rose and musk, done in a very restrained way. This is a perfume that feels old fashioned, yet has a certain modernity about it. The strength is very good, however the sillage is weak. This is the sort of perfume you'd wear when you are getting up close and personal with someone :)

miako
miako

I have one word for this fragrance- "princess"!
It's what I imagine princesses to smell like, and I love it.
Clean, sweet, and gorgeous.
No tricks or craziness here, just beauty and elegance.

leilaanne
leilaanne

I have a full bottle I am looking to swap! Please let me know if you're interested. La Colle Noir is a lovely fragrance. It is definitely all about the rose to me but it's true that it is rose, amber and musk all at the same time. It's funny my mom said she doesn't think it smells like rose. I get a drizzle of honey as well, but nothing too sweet. Something about it tickles the back of my throat.. something slightly fruity like Raspberries.

taboo2287
taboo2287

Rose heaven <3 i want everything in my world to smell like this... love love love

highmaintenancegirl
highmaintenancegirl

Boring rose with white musks... sold as an expensive exclusive! There are better rose based perfumes out there!! Hermes Rouge, Guerlain Nahema, Serge Lutens Sa majesté la rose, Goutal Grand Amour, Malle Lipstick Rose

Definitely a beautiful scent, it revolves around a rich amberish clean rose, it isn't a typical rose scent though, I usually don't enjoy rose scents, but this is a composition of high quality, the amber surrounds the rose beautifully , it has some punch, it isn't sweet per se, but it is rounded, I wouldn't call it soft, neither is it bold and impressive, but definitely intriguing, and very enjoyable to wear . There is nothing masculine about it, not even unisex, I wish perfume houses would stop labelling such feminine scents as suitable for men!! Now as nice as it smells,had I paid full price for it, I might have been upset , but I got it for a steal, so in a way, glad to have it..li will wear it with bliss.

s.pa_pandora
s.pa_pandora

Dior La Colle Noir is a masterpiece of the Pivee Collection line. I get the well-mixed between beautiful rose and precious musk.

The rose in this fragrance is rather prominent from the beginning to the end on my skin. Also, the sparkling rose along with an amber note in the base is warm and subtly romantic making me feel like being surrounded by someone’s hug I love.

In sum,I think the perfume is one of the best rose fragrances that I have ever used. Thank's you, Dior, I really love you. :)

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

تخيل انك امام باقة ورد او جوري للتو أخرجت من الثلاجة! (نعم انت في محل لبيع الزهور)، وزينت ولفت بباسطة واناقة وقدمت لك، ياترى ماهي أنسب طريقة للاستمتاع بهذه الباقة؟ حتما أن تغمض عينيك وتقربها الى انفك لتستنشق سحر عبيرها ولتسلذ برائحة تلك البتلات الباردة التي تختزل كثيراً من كلمات ومشاعر الحب.

عطر لاكولي نوار او قعلة لاكولي نوار التي اشتراها
كريستيان ديور واحب وردها الفرنسي المحيط بها، اراد فرانسيس دوماشي مصمم عطور ديور تجسيد ذلك الحب والشغف بهذه الوردة التي تزرع في جراس ووضعها في زجاجة تحمل اسم القلعه وان كان الاسم الانسب لهذا العطر من وجهة نظري باقة ورد من قلعة لاكولي نوار

عطر لاكولي نوار حسب ما اراه هو باقة ورد على هيئة عطر لا حدة في رائحة الورد لاتُشَابِة رائحة الورد هنا رائحة الورد الطائفي ابدا، الورد هنا عبيرة مخملي جدا بدفقات انتعاش لطفية جدا لتحاكي تلك الباقة الحمراء ببتلاتها مع تلمحيات سويتيته لطيفة على رائحة الورد مع مشاركة رائعة لاضفاء مزيدا من الدفء والرومانسية من المسك بالاضافة لدفء اخشاب الصندل الذي تكاد تلمحه بوضوح

العطر يستمر طويلا بذلك الشعور (باقة الورد المخملية او رائحة الجوري)
ذات الروح الكلاسيكية في بعض لمحاتها الى ان يفصح المسك عن نفسه بهدوء تام

اذا اردت ان تقدم باقة ورد تدوم لايام وشهور وسنين دون ان تذبل هذه الباقة عليك بهذا العطر
الانيق جدا، عطر لايتغير كثيرا مع مرور وقت بمعنى رائحة عند بداية الاستخدام لاتختلف كثيرا بعد فترة من الوقت.
عطر يميل للجانب الاثنوي كثيرا ويخاطب محبي عطور الورد بالاسلوب الفرنسي وليس الشرقي ولمحبي العطور الرومانسية
ولمحبي الورد والمسك معاً
الرائحة بالنسبة لي ليس جديدة بل تبدوا مالوفه لكن الجميل هو اتقان التوليف والبساطة التي ينتهجها فرانسيس دوماشي في عطوره لهذا الخط
هذا مالدي
رطب لسانك بذكر خالقك وصل على النبي.
thank you nose Francois Demachy for this bouquet of velvet roses

Powdered white musk and rose with a light airy feel in the opening. The juice is pink and the flavour is overall very feminine and not particularly innovative but nonetheless the quality and longevity are there. La Colle noire isn't cloying or ultra 'in your face' it died back to a pleasantly warm drydown of creamy, sandalwood and roses with maybe even a touch of vanilla?
This is a sweet easy going fragrance, which perhaps experts in the more feminine side of things will think knocks spots off other similar fragrances but I wasn't convinced.
I actually quite liked it but I wouldn't wear or purchase it myself.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

This is a rose perfume layered with spices and some soapy musk. If that is what you're looking for, go ahead. Warm spicy is a good descriptor

MysticRose
MysticRose

Extremely sweet, so much so that I had to wash it off when I came home because it was starting to give me a headache. I asked the SA whether this contained any berries in it and he said no but to me this is a berry and rose cocktail. It's a dead ringer for the Valentino Valentina Pink limited edition or a more refined Sí. Don't get me wrong, it's a well composed scent that evokes femininity and delicacy but it would have been better suited to the Miss Dior line as opposed to the Private Collection. It's such a shame because I have been anticipating its release and from the description of the notes online I thought ooh this will displace my beloved Oud Ispahan but it was slightly underwhelming!

jhericurls
jhericurls

Very feminine and smells of cheap soap. On the positive (or negative depending how you look at it) it's very strong

Cologniano_D
Cologniano_D

I sampled this one several times. I kept re-applying every 30 minutes so I can catch the initial blast of the Rose. Beautiful and uplifting. After the opening, the scent starts to take on a feminine vibe. There is nothing to balance this one, on my skin atleast. I don't think I can pull this off without feeling too cutsie. This one is a pass for me, there are a lot of great fragrances out there to settle for this one.

antonpan
antonpan

I like it. It is close to Ambre Nuit from the same collection. I would name it an Ambre Nuit and Le Labo The Noir daughter - fresh and rosy, with some woody ambery undertones. Starting off with a fresh roses bouquet, La Colle Noire becomes warmer and sweeter, ambery and woody in the direction of Ambre Nuit.The fresh fruity element is similar to that in Le Labo The Noir. I feel different kinds of rose here. The sillage and longevity are average.

On the whole the quality of the fragrance is high, it's better than mose of designers scents accented on rose.

sarabx5
sarabx5

I smelled this one today (on paper, I have the paper in my hand now).

This scent is nothing to do in Dior's private collection. Smells like any current heavy rose base perfume with certain quality.

Regarding the composition, I can say it's a pure red rose with a net geranium leafs back note, nothing else.

Longivity and projection sounds over avarege going to heavy.

Reminds me Diamond by Armani that my teen age daughter wears but in an adult version.

At the end, announced for women and men? no way, for women only (my own opinion).

Not for me, not for my wife ...... Good luck for you

Michael1962
Michael1962

Smelled this today in both the Dior boutique and in David Jones Sydney store.
Smells similar to Le Labo The Noir on my skin.The rose note is similar but very clean and enhanced by the spices and amber.I pick up a peppery rose note followed by an hay midnote which lasts and lasts.Very complex.
Its almost like a toned version of Oud Ispahan.
Interesting but ultimately more feminine but very much top notch as one would expect from Dior's Private Collection.
Not sure its my cup of tea but glad I got the opportunity to sample it.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

This fragrance was a big let down for me. I was misled by what appeared to be an overly ecstatic Dior rep who promised me this was a fragrance that could be easily worn by a male. One spray and 20 minutes later, the fragrance was packed up and on its way back to the store. Absolutely uneventful and 100% feminine. There isn't one ounce of masculinity here and I am a fan of rose. This is basically a light and fresh feminine clean musky rose. There isn't anything else to it. Guys, unless you are okay with smelling like a woman, I would seriously recommend a pass here. No further information to report. Two thumbs down.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - rose musk.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

J Anderson
J Anderson

I tried this (sneak preview!) and was immediately underwhelmed. Luckily however I had sprayed it on the back of my hand as after an hour my hand was glued to my nose! I went back the next day and had a proper spray to see how I felt (these fragrances are priced at investment level.) I loved it even more, what a soft, warm sunny haze of scent! My skin loves rose so I may be biased but I would advise gents to just try to get passed the initial burst of rose for the goodness that comes after. I am a big fan of the rose in Amber Nuit, but I would never venture out in the day in such a strong sent, this however is the ying to its yang. Definitely going to be bought as soon as it is on shelf!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior La Colle Noire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior La Colle Noire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Colle Noire by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Colle Noire by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.