Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Poison Girl Christian Dior for women

Poison Girl Christian Dior for women
dislike

almond
Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Videos Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Videos
Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Pictures Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Pictures Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Pictures Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Pictures Poison Girl Christian Dior for women Pictures

In January 2016, Dior introduces a new addition to the Poison collection by the name of Poison Girl, intended for younger lovers of the iconic brand, which comes in a pink bottle in the classic shape of Poison. The new fragrance is announced as a bitter - sweet floral, scandalously delicious, made for rebellious young women, pop - feminists who follow their dreams.

The composition consists of precious raw ingredients. Sicilian bitter orange leads to the heart of roses, which consists of May rose from Grasse and Damascus rose. Venezuelan tonka bean, sandalwood from Sri Lanka, tolu balm, almond and vanilla end with a warm, oriental sweetness. The perfumer is Francois Demachy.

The face of the perfume is French - American model and actress Camille Rowe. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bitter Orange Lemon

Delices

Poison Girl Fragrance Reviews

WildDove
WildDove

Poison Girl gives me an impression of chocolate, almond, vanilla, flowers, light sandalwood at the end. The final drydown actually reminds me of Eau Duelle but much lighter. Cozy and clean at the same time. Dior needs an intense version of Poison Girl as this one is light and fleeting.

Merel36
Merel36

Strangely addictive. Didn't like it at first but now I'm smitten. Great on it's own, and I find it perfect for the cool spring weather layered with Al-Rehab roses and Yves Rochers secret d'essences Neroli.

hyperfluff
hyperfluff

It's a pretty scent, pleasant but not distinctive. No imagination exercised during the creation of this scent (unlike the other Poisons). But yes, I do like it, if I got a bottle for free, sure, I would wear it. It's like Hypnotic Poison crossed with Black Opium with alot of sweet citruses added to give it a youthful lift. I'm also somewhat reminded of YSL's Cinema, and yes a little bit of Jessica Simpson's Fancy (which is similar to Cinema anyway) as one reviewer mentioned, somewhere in the drydown...must be the vanilla and almonds. I'd be a little more enthusiastic about it if it wasn't a Dior or a Poison flanker...they did get the 'Girl' part right atleast...If this scent was a person, she'd be an average girl-next-door, in her mid 20s, dressed up for date night or a fancy event. Nothing wrong with 'girl-next-door', but a 'Poison' should be anything but. She smells lovely, but she does not stand out, she's attractive enough, sexy enough, likable enough, has good enough taste...but she is not unforgettable, she does not intrigue, and her personality is a little lacking, she's just another follower of trends...there is not enough depth, not for something that has 'Poison' in it's name. So eventhough I like it, I admit I'm really disappointed...it's like a mish-mash of other pretty modern scents that already exist. I wish it was more innovative and distinctive.

tyekristopher

I also think if you dislike a fragrance you shouldn't belittle the people that do. Okay so you don't like it, or it is too ''immature'' for you then go wear the original or even jdore and leave if for the people that do without being insulting. Dior has a wide range of fragrances to choose from so go enjoy them. Me personally I do not like dior poison but I don't go and bash the perfume of the people that do. Fragrance is subjective and is different for everybody. Stop being a hater and let the people that like it enjoy it. SHEESH

cpharr13
cpharr13

Oh Dior, you have let me down. Even if the name implies "girl" I expected something more complex from you. Simple but boring.

tyekristopher

also the dry down smells VERY close to jessica's fancy, it is the tonka bean, vanilla and almond I believe fancy has the same notes in it so the dry down is almost Identical. ONLY difference with fancy is the caramel note

tyekristopher

I don't understand all the hate for this fragrance! I find it to be very beautiful! sure it is really sweet but if you don't like sweet you wont like this scent. For me it smells amazing, the vanilla really shines in this scent. If you love vanilla you will LOVE This one. This is everything I want in a fragrance. I sprayed it on and it is still going strong. Good job dior, I really love this one !

starcommandjenn
starcommandjenn

Too sweet, too strong. I don't want to smell like candy. BUT if you like Poison and don't mind too sweet, you may like this. It's a very young scent. When it comes into my local
Shop I'll definitely recommend to ladies 21 and under.

shookone
shookone

This is like a syrupy sweet version of Gourmand Coquin but it started it still has that sophisticated powdery smell to it. Perfect for cold weather. I disliked it at first but like most polarizing super sweet gourmands, it became addictive and now I want a full bottle. Also it's STRONG, 2 sprays is all I need, stronger than Angel EDP, so kudos for that Dior!

ladenu
ladenu

I have to admit a had a strong prejudice against Poison Girl as I generally dont like anything that is pink and girly. However this one suprised me. I quite like the fruitiness of it. Poison girl is almost like a better refined version of black opium without the coffee note. On a day to day basis it can be wearable throughout the summer. I also tested the ysl Floral shock next to it. They are similar as well but ysl is a bit sweeter in my opinion.

RapidScent
RapidScent

I really wanted to love this perfume. First, the name. It's sexy to me because it's the title of a song I love from a band I love who's fronted by what I thought was a sexy man in my teens. Ville Valo! So to all the feminists that say the name of something sexualizes little girls because of the title, no. Stop assuming. But I'm not here to defend the name of the bottle. Instead, I'm here to write about my dissapointment in the perfume. I sampled it a few times just to be sure. The first first time I smelled it, it just reminded me of the smell overly ripe fruit that turned in to a fruity cocktail. What else can I say? I am dissapointed. I feel like it was made for older women as a product to make them feel youthful. I'll call it a midlife crisis perfume.

Soofiya

It's my second review and I had to write a second review for it.usually my love for a perfume becomes weaker after some time but not in this case. it's been almost a year I have poison girl and it's going to be first perfume in years that I'm really using it upto last drop and the first one(after kenzo amour)that I'm going to buy backups for it
I have four perfumes in poison line and poison girl is definitely my favorite poison,it's also among my top favorites,if I want to be honest with myself I could even name it my number one favorite,something that could replace my old fave,kenzo amour and be my fall,winter signature for years,ofcourse if I was not such a perfume addict
Poison girl is pure perfection for me.it has right amounts of everything I love.right amount of delicious sweetness,right amount of freshness and right amount of powder
I can't understand how people find it similar to black opium?!their only similarity is their type of vanilla which also mon guerlain shares it but other than that they're completely different
I can smell all the listed notes in poison girl.there's definitely bitter orange in it,providing a touch of bright,citrus freshness but this is not a citrusy scent.there's definitely rose,a pretty perfumey rose blooming beneath heavy vanilla and adding feminine sensuality to this delicious confection and preventing it from being a foody gourmand but all in all it's not a Rosey scent.there's super gorgeous,soft,fluffy,delicious powder.a combination of almond,heliotrope,cashmeran and maybe even other flower notes which create a well-balanced,non-dry powder puff that sits on warm,creamy,chocolatey vanilla and gives it a soft,airy vibe.yes,there's lots of powder here but you can't call poison girl a powdery scent either.if I want to summarize it I have to call it an almondy vanilla with a touch of orangey citrus in it's opening and powdery florals in it's dry down but imagine this in it's most beautiful,balanced way possible
Yes it's sweet,as is expected from a vanilla dominant perfume but it's far from sharp juvenile fruitchoulis out there.sweetness is well rounded and creamy and while being youthful,it has an expensive and feminine vibe.i it's not a very dark,vampy scent not a very bright,girly scent either.it has a realistic personality.beautiful,modern,easy going and friendly but from a respected,nobel family
I love it so much that I wear it almost year round.longevity is satisfying(8 hours on my skin)but sillage,which is more than moderate could be much better(none of the poisons has great longevity and sillage on my skin)but I enjoy nice projection of it during first hours.ofcourse I wished it was stronger but it's soft but noticeable projection has it's own bright side:it makes it more versatile
I highly recommend it to all vanilla lovers.I wish 1 oz size of it was available in my country too,it would be very cute and easy to carry even in tiny bags,also it wouldn't need saving money for a long time in order to buy it but as usual the only available size here is 3.4oz so I have to save money in order to buy my backup bottle
Unfortunately Dior has a bad habit to discontinue or reformulate it's greatest fragrances.I wish it's funny name and terrible advertisement doesn't stop people giving it fair chances so that I can always easily buy this heavenly fume
❤❤❤❤❤

brendahhm
brendahhm

WARNING!
EBAY SELLER: 3100alok

sold me a fake Poison Girl. Same characteristics as the other reviewer, Neck did NOT have ridges

Goneja
Goneja

I love the opening of Poison Girl. People say it's just like LVEB, Black Opium, etc. but I think it's more like those kind of scents and Feve Delicieux had a baby. Really delicious and perfect middle ground between common gourmands and niches. However, the dry-down is lackluster and that's when it gets kind of sickeningly sweet. Too bad because otherwise it would've been a perfect cold weather gourmand. Maybe I'll like the EDT more. Btw, it smells nothing like Pink Sugar on me.

lmwimsatt
lmwimsatt

Ill take a parfum over a toilette any day when it comes to almost any scent... Except 5... That one's strong. Anyways this one is my absolute favorite. I have the toilette and it's much too weak. Most perfumes nowadays have the sillage of a body spray so those have become very real options. Come on perfumers, go big or go home

sretana
sretana

Of course everyone loves it - it smells very en vogue. But that also means it smells like everything else, along the lines of Bright Crystal and Chance eau tendré. Nothing poisonous about it. Don't see how it's a flanker: it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Poison spirit...

elena gonzalez
elena gonzalez

I already have it! It opens with orange, roses and citrus flowers. Creamy almonds and vanilla linger on the skin make me feel like a cupcake.
LOL! Everyone will want to eat you and chew you. Charming!!

empressanne
empressanne

Black opium is too much vanilla for me, this one I find a lot different.It's like a candy apple (doesn't smell like apples though :D), something between young sexy chic and grown up confident woman.Really addictive.I am into berries and white florals but somehow this fits my criteria perfectly.

prettyswag
prettyswag

This is black opium ysl"s younger sister . Its nice but a lighter copy of her.

camden-girl
camden-girl

Please let me know if this is like hypnotic poison eau sensuelle
As a few said that or if it's different as I can't see it being that similar but I could be wrong thanx in advance !!I'll remove this after I get a few answers :)

allumez
allumez

Don't see the resemblence to Black Opium, to be honest.
It's a heavy, intoxicating juice. Sorry, but the best one was Midnight Poison and that jewel is hard to find these days.

emmahlou
emmahlou

Gave this another shot after hating it to pieces when it first came out.

First spray, yes, slightly perfumey. Has a strong aroma around it for the first 10-30 minutes. It then settles to a really delicious chocolate vanilla. The beginning is my favourite part.

The bitter orange really comes out in the heart of this fragrance. It's not overwhelming, but it's there. I thought I'd hate it more than I do, but it's quite nice. The ending of Poison Girl is similar to the original Hypnotic Poison. The almond creamy, vanilla strong and the tonka rich.

This one is so much easier to wear than Hypnotic Poison. HP only likes 0.1% of the populations chemistry. You'd had to be pretty unlucky for Poison Girl to disagree with you.

Overall, it has a strong chocolate praline aroma on my skin. Very gourmand almost. It's lovely and very grown up.

Minnie02
Minnie02

I can finally add my review after owning this for a couple weeks. I have to say, Poison Girl and I have a love/hate relationship. When I first spray it, I strongly dislike it, it's overwhelming, it's very "perfumy", and I would not want to be around anyone for the first hour. I can definitely detect the bitter orange but it's just too bitter and too strong, even sprayed in small quantity.

However, after about an hour, that's when the magic happens. To me, it smells like a cross between icing sugar and a bowl of brown sugar mixed with melted butter. Kind of weird way to describe it I suppose but there are not really any words to describe it quite right. It's soft, sweet, buttery, and warm. As others below wrote, it's divine!

I'm not sure sure about the sillage after that first hour but it is definitely long lasting. On me, it lasts all day and sometimes even through the night!

And one last note about the bottle. The bottle itself is cute, simply follows the same shape as the other "Poisons", but the colour of the liquid was quite disappointing. I was expecting a pretty bright pink, as shown in most pictures, not the odd light reddish/brownish colour it actually is...

APULIAN
APULIAN

i know that women are more independent in choosing fragrance than we men so an opinion from me cant be so helpful, but i have to say poison girl is very sexy. poison line never miss a hit. this scent is very attractive, sensual and a little bit dark. a fragrance for seductive situations. better for night, for young women and winter/fall season. highly recommended! ciao a tutti!

my vote: 8,5/10

when tv shows johnny depp in sauvage spot girls always scream "he's so cute!", instead i am a big fan of the girl in the spot of PG, camille rowe. she's damn hot!

clariella
clariella

This is just devine! A new favourite night time fragrance for me. It is quite a heavy, gourmandish fragrance that is still easy to wear, and one that I think many will like. Havn't had my bottle for that long, but already I have gotten quite a few compliments when I wear Poison Girl.

Many here seems to think it is similar to YSL Black Opium, and in a way I agree. They have a similar vibe to them, but PG is in my oppinion less sweet and much more almondy/tonka than BO that has a lot more of a coffe scent to it. PG also has some lovely bitter orange in it that gives the perfume a nice edge in the opening. I must say I love them both, and pick the one I'll wear depending on my mood that day.

Over all a wonderful and very well balanced fragrance that is sweet, but not too sweet, heavy, but not too heavy, and young, but not too young. Could picture everyone from a teen to an older woman wearing this.

Also VERY longlasting! If I spray it early in the evening it is still there next morning until I take ashower and scrub it off.

Moonshdw1974
Moonshdw1974

I just got this for my birthday, and at first it almost smelled exactly like it's cousin Eau Sensuelle (Hypnotic Poison)! Then after it settled, it smelled almost like the original Poison and almonds with some sandalwood and roses! So perfect as Dior does things! They rarely fail at having a good hit!

chasingbutterflies
chasingbutterflies

Starts with a scent of orange candies, maybe even orange chocolate! My favorite. Yummy!
After a while it settles down in to a warm vanilla with beautiful hints of almond.
All of my male friends complimented me! One even told me it was the nicest fragrance he's ever smelled on a woman.
It lasts long and has that perfect mixture of vanilla and sandalwood.
It's deep and sexy but also cute and innocent.
It is both naughty and nice.

Perfect!

mschnabel666

Warning-- I got a fake on ebay. It looked legit, I do not think the seller knew (the seller was just a person selling- like I would do on ebay--not an outlet).... and it was very well done. I would have never known if I didn't have a bottle and box of the real-deal-legit-one.

Different font on the CD sticker (on cellophane) and different font on the CD on top of the spray/nozzle.
Spray comes out as a "stream" while the real one is more like a mist.
Cap did not fit well, did not "snap" on.
Bottle "neck" was all silver, not silver and black. Also the neck was "smoother" plastic and not so "ridged"
Sticker on the bottom just said EAU DE and did not have a batch # stamped into it.
Also sticker lacked the MADE IN FRANCE lettering. Just Dior's address on the sticker.
The smell was ALMOST legit... I wouldn't have known if I couldn't compare to a real one. The scent was pretty similar and had ok lasting power. But faded quickly.... or was hard to smell.
Some of the text/font on the box had irregular spacing, and looked funny... but again... all this was def minor and hard to tell. I wouldn't have thought a thing if I didn't have comparisons. :(

The seller was aces... gave me a refund immediately. But be very careful. I've bought over 300 perfumes on ebay and from outlets/testers (over 3+ years), and to my knowledge I have never got a fake. :( This was my first. :(

mschnabel666

YASSSSS!! On the noze... I'm a 37 year old punk who LOVES her girlie sweet gourmands, and I wear Britney Fantasy too! :P Pfffft on anyone who labels a perfume! I see the review you have responded to is deleted now.
To be fair tho... I kinda am a 40 year old Freak... lol I wear the perfumes I LIKE for no one else. So yeah-- with my half shaved head, tattoos, and piercings-- I'll wear teeny bopper perfumes. IDGAF! ;)

My 2nd review of Poison Girl EDP... it's amazing. Soft but potent and long lasting. Light, airy, girlie and SWEET. It's very dry, the almond/tonka/vanilla is just DIVINE.

It does still remind me of a lighter Black Opium for some reason.

The end drydown of Hypnotic Poison EDP smells vaguely similar to the drydown of PG-- must be the almond/vanilla?

My first review left me on the fence. I liked PG-- but now I love it. I have the EDT and a backup EDP. It's perfect-- the gourmand I love, but light and long lasting, and so so sweet and fun! ;)

Sorry, but not sorry this doesn't conform to the Poison line. Boohoo! More for me!

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Girl may not be as venomous as her sisters: the first born femme fatale of sweet myrh and plum; Poison. The honeyed tuberose enchantress; Tendre (RIP). The seductively evil; Hypnotic. The poker-face neroli; Pure, and the enthralling rose-patchouli; Midnight (RIP). Girl has just a tad of poison in a sugar-and-spice concoction, making everything nice with a surprise, its jolly tonka bean goes gourmandy, charming sweet, young and 'nutty'.

Luxifer
Luxifer

Poison girl has really grown on me with time.
The first time i tried it, it was a big no-no to me. The second time around I thought it was nice, but i wasn't sure if would ever find it wearable. After that, I have really started to appreciate it, but I can't see myself wearing it as an everday scent.

The reason I dismissed Poison girl at first is that it truly is a sweet, creamy gourmand fragrance. It has the same caramel vibe about it that I can't stand in V&R Bon Bon, but it, fortunately, lacks the synthetic sour candy note that I also dislike about Bon Bon.

Sweet caramel fragrances can eitherway be warming, classy and appealing - or synthetic, overwhelming and unpleasant. I find it very hard to find fragrances in this category that are wearable, give off an exclusive vibe and also are suitable for women past their teenage years - but Poison girl truly lives up to my high standards regarding gourmand fragrances.

On my skin, this fragrance is nothing else than a comforting, creamy piece of toffee. I can't seem to detect any (sour) citrus at all, but the drydown genuinely consists of almond, soft vanilla and candied orange peel. Initially, this scent can be a bit overwhelming to me, hence my opinion that it is not necessarily an everyday scent. I must say that the drydown is more appealing and wearable on my skin, rather than the initial form of the fragrance.
I prefer the orange and almond biscotti that it turns into, rather than the creamy toffee that it initially consists of.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

This is such a delectable scent on me! It is divine. On first spray it is a pop of citrus cutting through the vanilla and playing with the cashmere in about 5 minutes it has already developed with the citrus taking a back seat and the vanilla singing with the cashmere and rose blending together perfectly and the tonka bean starting to develop as it continues to evolve the vanilla steps back and the tonka and cashmere and rose play together with the vanilla still there but not so strong. I really like this i am a lover of hypnotic poison personally so thought i wouldent like it comparing but really it is its own 4 hours into it i am getting a yummy creamy tonka bean i enjoy the journey poison girl takes you on. Longevity its awesome lasts all night on a night out or all day silage is also awesome. Playful sexy and yummy!

on the noze
on the noze

To the reviewer below this, (Claudiu .alex)
I'm one of those '40+ FREAKS' who like all types of perfumes, including the ones that need to 'develop.'
Who the hell are you to insult others anyway? Now you're 18 years old, you know everything?

It's NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT, girly!

Oh yeah, I took your balloon for that insult. :(

brightsun2205

Owning this perfume is the best decision I've ever had. I tried YSL's Black Opium on my skin when I made a short trip at David Jones, it smells nice and not so heavy, but I'm disappointed with the longevity, because it only lasts on my skin around 4 hours. Poison Girl is a winner for me, because it is long lasting on my skin. When I tried Poison Girl at Myer and/or David Jones from time to time, I can't stop smelling it.

OKcololo
OKcololo

So here's the thing...

Poison Girl is ok. In the currant landscape of gourmands, it's actually an improvement! It gives a fresh rosy shimmer to the usual roasted vanillic formula and shakes it up with some bitter, almondy notes of coumarin in the drydown. It radiates nicely and last quite a while.

BUT.

It has a really hard act to follow. It is the only perfume in the poison line-up that presents itself as a "modernisation" of the original Poison. And in that respect, it tanks hard.

The original Poison was one of the most shocking, daring, reckless, and boisterously beautiful creations in all of perfumery. This thing is merely nice.

So all things considered: wear it if you really must, but don't expect to break anyone's heart with this.

Iloveperfume.ir
Iloveperfume.ir

Iam not a young girl in my twenties and I like my perfumes to be mature, rich,classy,ladylike and luscious.I don't like very sweet and delicious perfumes so I was thinking I don't like poison girl.but because I have all poisons and I love dior I buy this one too
Oh my god it smells very lovely!I didn't think I like it but now I love it!I like all poisons but one bottle is enough but this one I want to buy ten bottles and have it always
Yes it has vanilla and almond like hypnotic poison but smells very different. It's powdery and soft and has a very very pretty citrusy rose.I don't like rose and I don't like too much citrus but Orange and rose mix with vanilla and make it pretty and fresh and not very sweet
It's a winter perfume but I can use it always.very good longevity and sillage but not giving headache
I know what people mean when say it's like black opium.I like black opium too but I love poison girl.black opium is dark and more sexy but this one;bright and beautiful and soft
When I smell poison girl I remember dsquared2 want but want is sweeter and creamy
من هم مثل اکثر خانمها پس از گذر از سی سالگی علاقه چندانی به عطرهای خیلی شیرین و خوراکی و دخترانه ندارم و عطرهای شیک و موقر و سنگین و خانومانه رو بیشتر می پسندم به همین خاطر علاقه ای به پویزن گرل نداشتم اما چون همه پویزن ها را دوست دارم و دیورباز هستم این را هم خریدم
خدای من!واقعا باورکردنی نیست اما در لحظه عاشق پویزن گرل شدم.این عطر چنان زیبا و لطیف و سرشار از آرامش و آسودگی خاطر جوانی هست که انسان بی اختیار چشم ها را می بندد و لبخند می زند
بله پویزن گرل هم مانند هیپنوتیک پویزن وانیل و بادام داره اما اصلا شبیه نیستند.فکر می کنم زیبایی و ظرافت پویزن گرل بخاطر رز و نارنج آن هست.بنده از طرفداران رز و یا مرکبات نیستم اما در این عطر،رز و پرتقال با وانیل ترکیب شده و به عطر ظرافت و طراوت داده و شیرینی و گرمای وانیل را کمی خنثی کرده
همانطور که قبلتر گفتم من به تمام پویزن ها علاقه دارم اما به نظرم داشتن یک عدد از هرکدام کفایت می کنه اما پویزن گرل تنها موردی هست که مشتاقم دهها بار آن را بخرم و همیشه از عطر روشن و پودری و لطیفش لذت ببرم
این عطر مخصوص پاییز و زمستان هست اما به نظر بنده در تمام طول سال قابل استفاده هست. ماندگاری و پخش عالی دارد بدون اینکه موجب سردرد بشه
اینکه دیگران پویزن گرل را شبیه بلک اوپیوم می دونن متوجه میشم و من هم شباهت هایی می بینم هرچند کم.من بلک اوپیوم را هم دارم و دوست دارم البته نه به اندازه پویزن گرل.معتقدم بلک اوپیوم عطری تیره هست با اغواگری سحرانگیز زنانه درحالیکه پویزن گرل روشن تر و شادابتر و ملیح هست
پویزن گرل بیشتر از هرچیز،من را به یاد دسکوارد۲ وانت مب اندازه و به نظرم این دو خیلی به هم شبیه هستند بااین تفاوت که وانت شیرینتر و خامه ای هست
جدیدترین عضو خانواده پویزن را به تمام خانم های احساساتی و خوش سلیقه به ویژه در سنین زیر پنجاه سال توصیه می کنم
تنها علتی که به این عطر زیبا به جای ده،۹ میدم بعلت سادگی اون و خاص و پیچیده نبودنش هست

Linh96
Linh96

Yeah! Finally i found my signature scent :3 It has all notes that gourmand-lovers(i'm one of them ) have dreamed of: vanilla, almond, tonka bean. It's sometimes too sweet for me but i still love it. The Base Notes smells like Hypnotic Poison and lasts for days (i sprayed only 1 spray on my scarf ). When i left my scarf in my room, this scent spreads over the room and made me sleep easily. So cozy! ^^

really, why there are so many haters? Is it because it claims to be overrated? The first time I tried it at perfume shop I thought it's overrated too, but after trying the sample again, I changed my mind that it doesn't promise anything that it can not fulfill.
It is dior, so you expect quality, longlasting power and provocation. Poison girl has all and more!I see it as a continue of the trends of hypnotic poison and sensuelle.It has the same vibes with a mixture of lovely burberry brit; All of them being good, but beautifully completes them all.
I really love the first impression of poison girl which is a mixture of sweet/orange/almond notes. To me it smells exactly like Christmas sweets. Even the time of year that it was launched matches the mood of Christmas!
As soon as ten minutes vanilla lingers, but it's well blended with bitter orange which doesn't let it get too sweet. Any way it gets sweeter: Is it toffee or caramel? I could not guess, but I like the total impression very much.
As like former poison editions, this one has a great long lasting power and sillage that I don't think anybody can complain about. So what's wrong? I can't believe Burberry Brit is counted a masterpiece and this one, which has so many similarities is called crap. Is it because it doesn't smell classic? the next question is why it should smell classic? The name suggests that its audience is younger ladies. So people who would rather classic ones may simply go for them and let poison girl find its fans.

Contessa01
Contessa01

A sweet candeyed little gem that really bears no resemblemence to the original. I like it. I would say if you like Bon Bon especially, Pink Sugar, and La Vie Est Belle you would like this. I am curious as to how much wear I will get out of it.

Dua86
Dua86

Not a big fan of this onw even though it is from the house of Dior.
I bought this because my friend had been going on about it for weeks. I couldnt really smell the bitter orange note to me it was a really strong sour smell. Nonetheless i had high hopes for the dry down. After atleast 4 hours i could smell a different smell it was a vanillaey smell. I normally love vanilla dry downs but this im not sure about it seemed to give me a headache. Disappointed that i spent over £40 on somethimg i dont like.

Edit: spritzed it again and i havr to say i really like it. I had a cold the last time i smelt it maybe that was a factor. After a while i can smell caramel faintly on my wrist. That makes me a very happy lady!

purple.tin79
purple.tin79

this is love at first sniff for me... this is a sweet youthful pretty scent that is not just for young girls...
I love the happy vibe I get with the bitter orange on first spray and then the feminine vibe when the rose comes in making it so pretty...lastly comes the deliciously playful vanilla and almond drydown which is to die for!
i just cant stop sniffing!
this one lasted like forever when sprayed on clothing...smell stays on clothing till the next day which is really impressive! lasted 5 hours when applied on my skin...
Great sillage and longevity!
I am so happy i have this in my collection!

Kon-nos91

4th or maybe 5th review? I just can't wait for the EDT edition coming January 2017.

People, in a few words, forget about name, ad and bla bla bla. Poison Girl EDP has: 1) The sweet magicness of La nuit tresor Lancome without being fruity or nectar gourmandise.
2) A huge tone of tonka bean that for me destroys the whole compostion or it's just my skin that accepts it with happiness and make it quite masculine with a great sillage.
3) Bitter orange that I am familiar with from my childhood and most of you have never smelled before. Although bitter orange is a fresh citrus type, it's sticky and very aromatic. That's why you find it unique and it's lasting power is and must be respected.
4) A rosie-vanilla with a touch of almond that I just like and not dying with.
5) Almond or almond blossom is like trend of end 2016-2017. Remember that.

Girly but not really, I like it! I am getting amazing copliments when people hug me or kiss me, in general when we're very close but that's it. I love it but somehow it doesn't express me that much or I can't enjoy it. This is only me and you could call me a gourmandise sucker. Younger crowds will find it as a rosie-bubblegum-vanilla type and Dior hopes to attract them. Best wear on cool, not cold weather and summer nights only. 80% satisfied

monie915
monie915

I got this one when I was on the airport.I tried it and I felt it was weak and ordinary.after a while,it became one of my favorite perfumes and got a lot of compliments when wearing it.I would definitely buy it again

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

I actually love this. Nay sayers gonna nay say.

Peetster
Peetster

I thought this would be a nice addition to the Hypnotic Poison perfume that I already had and... it is. I find it sexy and can't stop smelling my arm. I love Hypnotic Poison. This one is less mature, so I wear it on days when I want to be playful and just want to have fun. I do not regret having bought it. Again, nothing more subjective than scent..

Red Sin

one of the sweetest and strongest scents i have ever came across, although it is not really mature scent, i can't seem to see this fragrance to be worn everyday or as a signature scent just because how strong it is. Lasts for ages, definitely not for summerhigh temperature weather..

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Another generic powder puff. This is not the direction Dior should go in.

mum84
mum84

أحببته كما أعشق هيبنتك بويزن والجميل في هذا العطر بعد نصف ساعة من وضعه يكون أخاذ وبودري من العطور المفضلة عندي سموم ديور بل الاحرى بلسم ديور هههه

Chanel4Evah
Chanel4Evah

Is this coming to the USA? No stores seem to carry it and even the Dior Website does not feature it for sale...??? What Gives? Anyone got any Intel on this making it's Stateside appearance?

snoopyQ
snoopyQ

Very ordinary and pleasant. For me this is more wearable than Black Opium.
Both Black Opium (BO) and Poison Girl (PG) are oriental scents that smell vanillery to me. BUT BO has some note in it that makes the scent unbearable to wear for me.
I smelled this on someone in hot temperatures. It smelled very pleasant, vanillic slightly fruity and does indeed have an airyness to it, which I suspect is given by the roses that prevent the vanilla from developing a cloying quality.
Longevity and sillage are good. One spray lasts all day

EDIT:
If you love vanilla but do not want to spend the hefty price for this: I think Vanille Noire from Yves Rocher, Secret d`Essence line might quench your thirst. :)

Von Freckle
Von Freckle

A late to the party, generic capture of the smell-of-the-moment. Uninspired

Christina Ivy
Christina Ivy

The moment I tested this in store I thought, Hallelujah! Thank you so much for saving my money, Dior!

To me, it has absolutely no relation to 'Poison' or Dior. Rather feels like the 'Nigerian Prince'' email you often found in your junk.

If I didn't try it in store, I'd thought this is a cheap knock out.

Once again, thank you for saving my money, Dior! According to this rate, there's really not much worth to spend money on in the next 2-3 years.

Glamazzin869
Glamazzin869

Got this today and I'm in love! First the bitter orange and then almonds and vanilla. Can't wait to bust this out in the fall. The lasting power is also great.

umma toga
umma toga

This smells incredible. I tested it today and was blown away. This perfume is very sweet and very heavy. It's quite rich and the vanilla, almond, tonka and sandalwood mixture gives it a very plush thickness. As it dried down, it turned really similar to the drydown of alien essence Absolue(one of my favorites) mixed with a tiny bit of Britney Spears fantasy. My husband agreed with me. Sillage is great and it is very long lasting.

Falis
Falis

This is soooo pretty. To me it smells like Alien Essence Absolue but without the Alien edge if that makes sense mixed with a tiny bit of Black Opium. It smells devine! If you dont like sweet gourmands than you will hate it but for most part its a crowd pleaser. I keep getting compliments. It smells young but not too young(25plus)and sexy.

fyre92

This smells exactly like it looks.

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

i am pleasantly surprised with this Dior Poison girl perfume, the reviews didnt really describe what it smells like and there were some negative reviews but its much better than i imagined it would be...it smells like orange, vanilla and flowers...simple but sweet and different from all my other perfumes. Its like it was made just for girls who love that fruity, vanilla , floral smell....i think i like this more than the original Hypnotic poison and i can see how this was made for those who are younger in age, mind, heart and spirit .

Actually, if i could compare this to another perfume, Meow by Katy Perry. It is not exactly like Meow if you are fan of Katy Perry Meow you will like Poison Girl.

pulcman.petra
pulcman.petra

Very very sweet, girly, sugary smell. Remind´s me more luxurious Pink Sugar Sensual.

90 ml EDP

in spite of its "girl"y name, this is actually very good

in spite of its "girl"y name, this is actually very good

Siv55
Siv55

I found this blisteringly ordinary and wondered why/how it was a Poison flanker. Poisonously dull.

chantillybabe
chantillybabe

I'm a big fan of Hypnotic Poison, and tried this on whim in Debs one day. At first I was not keen, as all I could smell was rose, and Im not a floral kind of girl. I wandered off a little disappointed. Having spent about 30 mins looking a handbags for an upcoming wedding, I realised the perfume had completely transformed. Now I was enveloped in sweet almond, sandalwood and a hint of vanilla and the merest, fleeting aroma of rose. Just perfect for me.

krissykatpawz81
krissykatpawz81

This perfume is what I dream of a sweet perfect perfume being,not to sweet,not sickly sweet,lasts long,perfect balance...well I finally found it,poison girl is give 30minutes before an opinion, at first on me,I get a sweet almond like in hypnotic poison but without cinnamon, no rose,a dark sweetness like black opium ysl&The caramel & Orange from BonBon V&R,there is a divine slightly so powdery vibe not to much just the right amount & all of these things play a beautiful sweet song that's mature&for anyone of any age its youthful&classy to...she sings. Lasting well on my skin a new love&the perfect notes glad I got a 100ml btl!

YunitaArien
YunitaArien

I love this perfume. I wore this and I want to know how much my crush like this perfume, he said I smelled like fruit. He said it smells delicious. So I'm glad I bought this. Looking forward to buy the 100ml bottle.

Teorema
Teorema

This is as much Poison as Black Opium is to Opium, meaning none. Still not rock n' roll and more like Hypnotic Poison Eau Jeune. Don't fool yourself and just get Hypnotic Poison.

miako
miako

I bought this (the 50ml) thinking oh? new poison? I like the bottle. Once I sniffed it, I was surprised that I actually liked the scent too. Because of the name, I thought it would be some teenybopper fruity-sugary-mess scent, but it really isn't, although it is very nicely sweet.

It smells like a posh caramel-orange-nut-dessert, complete with one of those beautiful candy-crafted birds nest-esque decorations on top.(am I making sense to anyone here?lol)
Something that would come out as the high point of afternoon tea at an exclusive place with a famous patissiere.

Now that, for me, is good news, but for anti-gourmand people it could be very off-putting. As for one who has literally every single gourmand from Demeter's Fragrance Library, it is wonderful to have a delicious smell at eau de parfum strength.

The drydown is more grown up, but still very addictive.

I haven't smelled black opium (mainly because I am SO ANGRY they got rid of my beautiful Belle to make room for it!) but if it smells like this I might give it a shot...

I am currently wearing this 2-3 times a week in super humid swampy weather (35 degrees C) and I have had no complaints, only compliments and questions ("what is it? it smells expensive!") but for the more mild gourmand lovers, it may be better enjoyed in colder weather.

Malibu

First things first; despite what the name suggests, I think that Poison Girl is more adult than tweeny. It's a gourmand fragrance that is very popular in the under 21 market, only I think it is more suited for those of us in the 25+ crowd...

On me the fragrance is centered around a comforting nutty/vanilla warmth, that is accompanied with a long note of slightly bitter orange note that tones down the sweetness a bit in the opening. As the tangy fruit fades into the background, the heart of the fragrance begins to develop; the heart is centered around a timeless powdered floral mix of rose, and what I think is orange blossom, and possibly magnolia too for a vintage feel. There is patchouli amongst the florals as well, for another sweet/sour contrast like there is with the gourmand notes.

Creamy sandalwood and an airy musk provide the standout notes in the backdrop as the fragrance gradually goes closer to the skin. The patchouli outlives the floral notes, so remains on the skin, mingling with the creamy wood notes and vanilla for a final jolt.

I wouldn't wear Poison Girl in hotter weather as patchouli + heat is a headache-trigger for me. Combine the patchouli with the excellent longevity, good sillage, and the sensation of warmth that is created by the creamy sweetness in the scent notes can be too much for migraine-prone me. I'd say this is definitely a fragrance for autumn/winter.

Poison Girl reminds me a bit of the kinds of 'celeb scents' I like to review (eg Ari) so it should be something that I think of as boring, but it isn't. I suppose it's the higher quality of ingredients and the expert way the makers blended the sweeter notes in with the bitter ones.

Bonus; when I wear Poison Girl I get a resemblance to YSL Black Opium, minus the intensity the coffee gives the former - so Poison Girl is a great alternative for us migraine sufferers who like Black Opium, but struggle to wear it.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

replace the liquorice in HP with rose and you have poison girl. This is delicious almond sugared roses, lasts on clothes for days.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

Poison Girl is a sweet perfume. It's really easy to love and it lasts enough time for me to enjoy whiffs of it throughout my day. It's a citrusy rose scent so if you like citrus and roses this is really very nice. The 2 rose notes give it a powder: smells exactly like rose scented body powder. It is well rounded and has good projection without being too in your face or heavy. It has an additional heliotrope scent which I like plus almonds and vanilla. The vanilla and Tonka bean smell the same so the whole thing turns into a vanilla powder. Heliotrope too gives it a powdery touch. If you like powdery florals but that are more full bodied and gourmand in character this is for you. It makes me feel like this perfume is for a very hip and classy girl who wants to smell a bit more mature than she really is. It's like a date night perfume which can be detected by your date and he'll like what he's smelling because it's different from the other sweet fruity body sprays out there. This is not too different from Dior's Miss Dior. They have similar notes of citrus and rose but this is way more powdery and youthful. It smells really good like a pink rose that you carry around all day. Beautiful. So far my favorite recent purchase.

Blossom Dreams
Blossom Dreams

If you blended Viktor & Rolf's Bonbon with YSL's Black Opium EDT, you would have Poison Girl. I fell in love with it immediately and purchased a 30ml bottle within the hour. Hubby gave his approval. He said, "It smells like cotton candy". It's sweet, sexy, sultry ... It's like sipping a liqueur in front of a fire. It's definitely not something you would wear to the beach or the office. Best for evening use and applied with a very light hand. It's very heady. Perfect for an evening date. I would say it's suitable for anyone 18+ years. The longevity on this is ridiculous. I'm talking 24 hours.

EDIT: I now own a full size bottle too. This fragrance is heaven.

ppetra-
ppetra-

It might be aimed for a younger crowd, but my mom is in love with it and wants a bottle for her birthday. Suited her skin beautifully. Nice one! :)

cstands
cstands

I'm certainly not the first to make the comparison with Black Opium here... I adore Black Opium. But I've always been disappointed with its longevity. Today, I met Poison Girl... The two sure are strikingly similar, but Poison Girl has surged past Black Opium in the longevity department. 6 hours and still going strong... The two remain similar for the first 2 hours or so, but the dry-down brings out their differences. Where Black Opium remains darker and more "licorice-y", Poison Girl becomes sweet pink marshmallows!
So there it is. Similar, but yet....

The name though... Lets start with "Girl"... This is NOT a juvenile perfume. And just how Poison Girl fits in with the rest of the Poison line is anyone's guess. But irrespective of family ties, she's on my wish-list and I recommend her for a cold weather pick-me-up.

Perfumejunkie7
Perfumejunkie7

How to make Dior Poison Girl:

1. Add a cup of La Vie Est belle.
2. Mix with a cup of Black Opium.
3. Add in a bit of Alien Essence Absolue.
4. Add a dose of Britney Spears Fantasy.
5. Mix in a little bit of Bonbon, Pink Sugar and any other sweet candy fragrance you know, pour it in a pink bottle, slap a generic name like "Girl" on it and voila! Here's your Poison Girl!

Seriously, this is Dior? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Dior, it's actually one of my favorite houses, but I love the Dior that created Poison, Midnight Poison, Hypnotic Poison; the Dior that created Addict and Dior Homme. The Dior I loved was a trend-setter instead of a blatant copycat following worn-to-death trends.

Poison Girl is by no means an unpleasant scent, I actually even like it but this is so not Dior. This is Britney Spears, this is Kim Kardashian.

Sigh, sad sad times.

Kon-nos91

Ok, I promised to myself I won't buy again any perfume till 2016 ends. Guess what, I did. I also said I won't review again Poison Girl but I really had to. I just bought a 100 ml bottle after a 30 ml 100% dupe. The reason? I want to add some photos to my insta & facebook as it inspires me.

The bad news, I was a hater when it first came out, then after a while it became a 'like' since I am a gourmandise lover. What it really makes me sad is that in the very beginning, I bought a dup from a perfume shop that is expert in copying famous perfumes and it smells identically! You really can't tell the difference. Only your pocket can.

The good news, after a very long time I finally got a compliment from a very good friend. She saw me after 5 years, she hugged me hard, we kissed cheek-to-cheek and she said: " Oh God! You smell like I wanna suck you! " That and the fact I want the bottle for a private photoshooting/my collection made my day or else I could seriously hit my head on the wall for loosing money for no reason.

Because I've done a full review (maybe twice or thrice) I feel like I finally know it to the bone. Thanks for the ballons in advance. They say it's a signature perfume for all year round, I don't agree. It's a night time specially for clubbing/night life and amazing during cold weather, or at least summer nights. Cashmeran in the notes and you will wear it on a hot day? They say it's generic, it is slightly as it follows the trends. They say it's strong and for the youth, yes it is. To my skin, tonka bean is the soul of the party making it a bit masculine. It comes in a hug of a darky chewing-gumish vanilla with sandalwood, tolu balsam-wet woody sexiness, a really light touch of heavy rose absolute and an orangie bitterness combined with gentle almond. That's it's uniqueness. It reminds me of my very young years, I was 6-10 years old playing in a park full of bitter orange trees!

What I would change if I could? It would be perfect if rose wasn't it's floral note. I dislike it but I can stand it. Imagine if honeysuckle was the main middle note together with praline and instead of tonka bean-tolu balsam-sandalwood that gives a bit of a dirty character, something like a creamy caramel. This combined with it's sillage/lasting power would make it perfection in a bottle or simply my signature for years! I like separating my perfumes to outdoors/indoors. Some, like my signature Miss Dior EDP new work better in closed places and working-business-luxurious moments. Poison Girl hits you in your face, exactly how it's perfumer claims. It works perfectly for a lasting impression but to be very very honest, it scares me a bit, I don't feel so safe. About the GIRL that seems to be annoying for most of you, Dior is trying to attract younger crowds and make them grow up with him. From pure gourmandise lovers to more mature/serious heart-Dior-breakers. 20 to whatever age could wear it but what is my opinion:

" Youth people don'thave to smell one way or another sweet. Choosing gourmandise perfumes is something you can't avoid in young ages since it reminds us of what we like, chocolate, candies, vanilla etc. It's like we over-reacting. For me, a young girl that smells different would be forever in my mind. There aren't 'ugly girls' in our ages. Every girl is taking care of herself but one that smells fresh/sharp/different will be always the one. I am 25 years old now, I am still a gourmandise lover in heart but I would prefer to smell those notes on older people so I could love them. I am a man and Poison Girl looks like a masculine perfume for me, or memories, or call me an advertising victim. Judge me but I will wear what I love. "

Dior, you've got my heart. Let's rock the night now!!!
I am not a boy, I am poison...

seanjs
seanjs

If you're going to look at Poison Girl as a general perfume. I'd tell you that it's sweet, youthful, inoffensive and all around a pleasant fragrance! An absolute crowd pleaser.

However, I am still disappointed in Poison Girl as an edition to the ever-so dangerous "Poison" line. Poison is supposed to be offensive, daring, and borderline evil; yet there is something so seductive and enticing about Poison. Poison Girl stands for none of what Poison as a whole stands for.

The world of fragrance has really disappointed me lately. It has become the one thing it was NEVER supposed to be...Safe.

YanaYanaYana
YanaYanaYana

Um, Black Opium, is that you? Smells like a somewhat tamed version of YSL's BO (which I can't stand). The fact that they have discontinued Midnight Poison and my all time favorite Tendre Poison and gave us this is beyond me. Infuriating. I got a bottle of this as a gift and I don't like it at all.
I can't wait for this horrid cotton-candy-sugar-coma fragrances faze do die out already before it ruins industry completely (because younger audience likes sweet frags and as they mature they are supposed to appreciate more complex less sweet fragrances but this pink sugar generation will never graduate with new offerings like this).

Tareq Gaga
Tareq Gaga

I loved this, and I remember the first time I tested it I was anxious before that because everyone kept saying that it was a sugary mess and stuff like that... But I liked it, it's not THAT of a statement making scent but it is nice... Please try prior to judging and don't trust any presumptions!!! Men and women all over the world can wear this as it is not something that has to fall in a certain category, unless you don't like a bit of rose and vanilla with some Tonga bean and a bit of almond... I got no oranges here!!!
Thank you!!

dovey
dovey

smells EXACTLY like Black opium by YSL !!!!!!!!!!!

mariamarouli91
mariamarouli91

Hello guys. I can't understand the fuss with Poison girl and all the sweet gourmands in general. I have read many hateful comments and not polite at all. Of course, people's tastes differ and that's nice and prevent things of become boring. That's why there are million perfumes in the market so everyone is happy. There is no point of making agressive comments if you are not going to describe/analyse the perfume. You don't want to smell like a candy shop but I do! Also,I don't want to smell like a bar of soap or like a garden. But there is no reason for me to leave useless reviews under all musky and floral perfumes.
Anyways... Many of you say that poison girls smells exactly like black opium and that resembles to LVEB or fantasy line,bonbon, blah blah blah.. Well.. The fact that this scent contains vanilla doesn't mean that it smells the same with the scents mentioned above. Yes, they have the same vibe as all of them are sweet. But under no circumstances they smell the same. Black opium hs coffee and patchouli, LVEB has pear,patchouli and praline, bonbon has caramel and peach, etc. In my opinion, Dior did a great job as such a kind of this scent was absent from his collection. We have tender poison(a green fresh smell), original poison(spicy), pure poison(elegant white floral),hypnotic poison(vanilla oriental) and midnight poison(the darkest of all,also unisex). What was missing? Of course a sweet gourmand which address to the younger crowd and of course all of us gourmand lovers! Good job Dior!
First of all,the perfume is very nice for all gourmand lovers. WARNING!!If you don' t like sweet scents (such as fantasy,LVEB, black opium,bonbon,etc) or hypnotic poison you are not going to like this.This is a sweeter and a lighter version of hypnotic poison. If you find hypnotic more appropriate for winter and night wear, this could be a lighter version for fall/winter days or even spring/summer nights. Now, I won't describe the notes of the scent. When I buy it( and I will do soon!) , I'll come back with a more potent review about the notes,sillage and longevity. Thank you!

j'adoremissdior
j'adoremissdior

Just tried it at the airport Duty-Free.
It's good guys, really really good. Starts off smelling like orange jelly candy and almonds. Reminds me of something like a Turkish delight. The orange mellows a bit, but still sticks around to hang out with the delicious vanilla and tonka. It's a sugar bomb for sure, but it's got complexity and incredible longevity. I don't care about it being an ill-fit poison flanker or whatever. It's a great scent and it's creeping to the top of my buy list! :)

susieqrj
susieqrj

I was at Sephora and tried both, Poison Girl and Black Opium.
Poison Girl is WAY better, sweet almonds with a touch of freshness from the opening notes lf bergamote, while Black Opium is too sweet and sour.
After a while, Poison Girl smells like Hypnotic Poison, but softer.
Nothing in common with Fantasy line, yuk.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I read all the reviews of how this is almost identical to Black Opium. I had to test this out (since I really love Black Opium).
My initial thought was 'this doesn't smell like Black Opium, but does remind me of the Fantasy line'. So I decided to keep my money. Why spend 3 times the amount for a fragrance which is so similar to the Britney Spears Fantasy line?
About a month later, I decided to test this one again... Yes, it has that 'Fantasy' vibe - still no similarties to Black Opium for me though - this does have something special. Vanilla and Almond are very present on my skin and this lasts through an entire day & night and often after my clothes have been washed. I love this so much, I got a backup bottle of it. This is deliciously sweet, gorgeous, long lasting and not in a teenage sweet kind of way.
I have had people ask me which Fantasy I'm wearing though

lirael00
lirael00

Love it! No matter what people are saying about this one it's still hard to deny how amazing it smells and talking about the longevity, whooa it goes for hours! Yes it's sweet and so if you don't like gourmand scents then, yes this one is probably not for you, you might still give it a try though. I love vanilla and I love almond and I love their sticky sweet realtionship they have in Poison Girl. The only problem is I'll have to start saving so I'll be able to afford this sugar gem.

brightsun2205

I'm not a fan of gourmand fragrances, but now I do when I have a miniature of Lolita Lempicka perfume, it is not too heavy on the sweetness of the scent. When I tried Poison Girl at Myer, it is not too cloying on the sweetness, thanks to bitter orange, Damask rose and Grasse rose that blend well with vanilla, almond and tonka bean. In addition, it is long lasting as well and it reminds me of orange and almond cake.

It is great for cooler climates and evening wear. It is also a great girls' night out perfume.

For me, it suits my preference.

olga.cassar
olga.cassar

I received this as a gift, and was initially quite sceptical about it. I am not usually a vanilla-gourmand lover, but I was so surprised with this one! It is sweet, but not cloying, and the drydown is truly to die for. Absolute love for me

anapardo81
anapardo81

Longevity on this one is amazing. Yes, it smells like Bon bon and a few others. Fragrance disappears from my skin really quick in the current humid hot climate of the middle east, yet I sprayed this hours ago at the store and I still smell the creamy orange vanilla on my wrist with just one light spritz. My bon bon is running low, instead of purchasing that one I am going to buy this one. I am actually not much of a fan of sweet smells but I do like this one and BonBon. I also have LVEB, Black Opium by YSL and flower bomb and I would say this is better. I actually don't like LVEB, even a very light spray I find it too heavy and headache inducing. I use it to spray closets and drawers. Black opium I have barely touched and VR flower bomb just sits there because I prefer BonBon. I like variety in my perfume selection and even though this smells similar to a few I have, I am thinking of adding it to my collection as the gourmand scent to go for.

blake.lee
blake.lee

This is very pretty and my husband loves it. Sweet orange with a very pale, light version of the almond and vanilla Hypnotic Poison in the background. It's not nearly as cloying as Bonbon or Black Opium or LVEB. As a gourmand lover, I don't find it exactly like anything else in my collection and think it's fluffy, airy enough for use any time of year or day. Very well done fragrances and the name "girl" matches the delicate, youthful nature of this sweet little gourmand.

*_Lilly_*
*_Lilly_*

They do not sell this in the US?

fyre92

la vie est belle and hypnotic poison had a beautifully sweet baby......

Very similar to BonBon as well. I love this

lejasminegirl
lejasminegirl

Lots of dislikes and not a lot of reviews which just means to me that people haven't really given it a chance. Dior is a mainstream fashion/fragrance house and they put out fashionable scents that will (a) appeal to a lot of people and (b) therefore make them a lot of money. If you want to smell "niche" then buy niche, simple as that.

That being said, I don't think everybody will *love* this. I personally do for that creamy, slightly salty vanilla dry-down but the bittersweet orange top notes might be hit and miss with some.

I see a lot of people comparing this to HP. Whilst this isn't a flanker of HP, the dry-down really does remind of HP (the newer version) and it has this salty feel to it, whilst HP gets quite spicy on me. I've been frantically searching for something similar to HP to wear in the Summer and although this is quite heavy on the vanilla, it's the closest I can get so I'll take it.
I also see alot of people comparing this to black opium - perhaps confusing the coffee and tonka. On me, the vanilla in black opium smells like burnt plastic and Poison Girl is much creamier and likeable - I can tell the difference between the two for sure.

I don't find it cloying at all on me personally, but it's all about body chemistry with this one. It is very sweet and I can deal with that, if you can't then I would steer clear. If you're a gourmand lover, I think you'll like this though. It's a high quality scent from Dior, has good longevity and sillage - not too much but not too little either.

On another note, I've seen a lot of people say this smells "generic" and "like a cheap celebrity fragrance" and that they've "smelled it before". If that's the case then be my guest and mention which scent it reminds you of because if I can save a few £ then that would be awesome. I don't like the marketing campaign either but then I don't really like any perfume marketing campaign.

verasdfghjkl
verasdfghjkl

I am as well disappointed by this. When the release of this Poison Girl was announced, I wasn't expecting much, as they indeed marketed towards the fruitchouli sweet juice culture that has been going on for some while now.I do like a good fruitchouli or some other kind of sweetness, as long as it has some nuances. I don't like cavity inducing sweetness, and I like my perfumes to develop on my skin as I wear it.

That being said, as disappointed I was by the name and tone of this new release, I decided to give it a chance. One never knows. Especially in perfumery, you have to try it before judging it completely. So I tried this. And although I had kind of expected it, this was just bland, sugary goodbye teeth sweetness. You know, I don't mind my teeth falling out over other (designer) fragrances like Miss Dior, Hypnotic Poison, Angel eau Sucree, Casmir, Tresor's La Nuit or in the in my opinion fantastically blended LVEB, because I find them well done and not too lineair. This, though is... There is one thing I really can't stand in perfumery and that is a perfume that is just plain boring. Spritz, that's it. It stays the same.

Mind you, I don't hate on the perfume. I don't vote dislike on this one because the smell itself doesn't bother me.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

This scent is extremely chemistry dependent. If you love the first three notes, then I think you'll either like or love this fragrance. I wanted to try this mainly because of the hype and the differing opinions; the name does not bother me in the slightest.

To my nose, Poison Girl is like a lighter version of Hypnotic Poison, with a background of soft florals, and I think that it could also make a lovely warm weather flanker to HP, as well. The perfume has a very similar vanilla/almond accord; and the scent overall is slightly sweeter, fresher and linear. Almonds are prominent on my skin, and they smell plasticky and like playdoh with my chemistry. The dry-down is a powdery playdoh aroma (mostly tonka beans and almonds). I also found Poison Girl to not smell like coffee at all, whilst YSL's Black Opium smells more like a vanilla latte to me.

I found this to be a pleasant scent, but one that I would prefer on others. I got little to no sillage (it's mostly a skin scent on me); longevity was for about 6-7 hours.

aliciacb828
aliciacb828

I absolutely love this perfume. It smells a lot like Black Opium to me but only if tested on different days. If I wear them both at the same time they smell nothing alike, I think it's the vanilla note because poison girl is creamier smelling.
I get vanilla and wood from this perfume and it lacks depth to me, unless I smell something else then come back to this one and then it begins to smell more interesting
The way it starts off smelling on me is the way it ends which is uneventful but I still love it.
The longevity of this perfume is amazing, I got a free sample and it lasted a full 12 hours on the back of my hand which impressed me enough to want it. Now I know why they only did a 1ml sample.
It's not as daring as Poison was and is very simple to my nose but it's nice and its lasting power is something I haven't experienced before. The name is just silly and sounds like a teenager's fragrance which is why I avoided it for 3 months but I actually really liked it. This feels like a smart move from Dior to please everyone whereas other Poison fragrances were more daring, this one really is trying to appeal to everyone and this makes Poison Girl disappointing and good at the same time.

UPDATE: After wearing it for some time I can also smell rose and almonds. This is one of those perfumes in which everything is so well blended it takes a while to pick up on individual notes.
Also I've just realised this bottle sprays differently to other perfumes. It's not a short forceful spray but rathe a long graceful one reminiscent of how those perfume bottles with atomisers on the back work. Love it!

elena miss
elena miss

Not impressed at all. It reminds my something that I have already smelled.

x_perfumecrazy_x
x_perfumecrazy_x

Am i the only one that thinks this smells nothing like black opium what so ever? Tested both yesterday and lovedd this went and ordered myself a bottle today :)

virga
virga

It‘s weird that people love Black Opium by YSL, which has nothing in common with the original Opium (except the bottle, of course) and nothing black in it (faint coffee note with loads of sugar doesn’t count as “black”, at least to me), but complain about the fact that Poison Girl has no resemblance with Hypnotic Poison, as if Poison Girl was a HP flanker. But it is not. All Poisons (original, Hypnotic, Pure, Midnight) are different in their nature and mood, but have one thing in common – they are loud and quite over the top. If its creamy vanilla, it’s almost too creamy, too lush, if it’s white flowers as in Pure, it’s a very big bouquet, definitely not shy. Poison Girl, opted for younger audience or those, who like too smell “young and trendy”, is the same – it’s a little bit too trendy. Poison Girl is fun and loud, colourful and energetic, attractive, but too sweet for my taste – the so called “bitter orange” note, which is more like synthetic orange jam, is to blame. Nothing extraordinary, but still a high quality fragrance with a respectable creamy vanilla almond dry down, very good projection and staying power.

auroramaria

Too hot here in Italy to wear this now but looking forward to use it in fall and winter I got so many compliments while wearing it I can't be without it

polkadot27
polkadot27

Really bland for me unfortunately. I get no almond or tonka bean or citrus. It smells synthetically sweet to me which I don't like at all. It is a mile away from all the other's in the poison range, which I hold in high regard which is visible from my reviews, as all the other poisons are unique masterpieces in their own right! I think they created this one to introduce their line to teenage girls if so I can kind of understand how this would work - however in my opinion this fragrance is an insult and a mile apart from all the other poison's - I hope this is just a teenage version ???? And not a serious addition to the legendary poison line , because it is certainly not up there with the rest.

dglightblue
dglightblue

I've not read the reviews for this as there are so many.
The sample I tried lasted on the card in my purse for at least a month. It stayed true.
On my skin it is pleasant and warm, a bit sweet than I normally like, I prefer hypnotic poison sensuelle.
But if I wanted to get a warm long lasting frag this would be s strong contender. It lasts very well on me, usually frags wear off, the fresh ones I like always disappear, as do a lot of EDT's I try.
So it's warm, sweet, has a flatter middle than beginning, warms up a touch towards the end of its life in my skin.
I wouldn't spray very liberal,y though, you might get too much sweetness for those around you or the office. Inner arms and chest or neck might suffice

Kara712
Kara712

how can this have so many dislikes?! :O
I LOVE this. This could easily become my fav perfume in the world. it's...just...perfect!!! ♥ ♥ I sprayed it at the mall, it was cool inside with all the AC going on. Outside it was super hot and it did make me a little sick but in winter this will be...phhhshhh!! gorgeous!! i dont care how this much costs, i am buying one for fall/winter! <3

maraki1
maraki1

I don't want to get misunderstood, it's a very ok perfume but it lacks the originality, the amazing character and that's not a dior characteristic... I'd wear it but wouldn't buy it certainly. I mean if I'd be gifted that, I'd wear it, I wouldn't toss it. It's a spicy gourmand according my nose and perception.

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

It's nice smelling. Smooth, sweet, and elegant. Almond-vanilla is one of the major trends of 2016/2017, and this one is a good choice for vanilla and almond lovers. But if you cannot withstand almond, it's not yours.

Based on reviews, I didn't want to bother smelling it. But after I did, I remembered how subjective are the tastes.

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

Soooooo sweet. If you don't like sweet perfumes, this is a complete non-starter. I DO like them, and Poison Girl is delish. I don't find it that similar to Black Opium because I don't get any sort of coffee note/accord in Poison Girl. There's a little spice, like Dr. Pepper, and a little floral, like bubble gum. It reminds me more of Love by Kilian and (and I tested these side-by-side) original Givenchy Ange ou Demon. Full bottle worthy, in my opinion.

Lyoness
Lyoness

I first smelt this while in Duty Free at the airport, and found myself going back to keep smelling it. I'm a sucker for vanilla, and I really like the addition of tonka bean in this scent. The almond, rose and orange combo really works, and I find it nicer than Dior's original Poison. I must say I just love the bottle itself as well- a beautiful shape and colour. Definitely on my wish list.

soili
soili

I had a lot of reservations against this one, and I'm still not sold on the marketing, but what's inside the controversial bottle is heavenly!! It's not at all cheap. And not even that girly to me, in a traditional fruity-sweet kind of way. The only thing stopping me from buying it immediately is the price. But I do think it's worth it.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Hmm, Poison Girl. Dividing opinions, just like mama Poison back in 85. Miss Poison however refuses to fill the shoes left by her legacy. Instead she uses her volume, deep in her DNA, to speak loudly like her rebel and modern friends. She mostly hangs out with La petite robe Noire, because she feels they share a lot in common; they both hail from families with a long history. They both share family members that were big and bad back in the day. They have that DNA in their blood, but they are children of their times, and as such they have different tastes.

Poison Girl inherited from her mother the controversy, as such she is bound to divide opinions. She has character and as such she ain't gonna please everybody. She cares not.
But growing up she was closer to aunt Hypnotic. She loved to hang out with her, listening to her stories about her lovers, her travels to faraway lands. She enjoyed spending time in that secret room where aunt Hypnotic prepared her secret drug; Cyanide. You see, she was a spy for the Secret Intelligence and her task was to create the most lethal version of the famous almond scented poison. And she succeeded as no one saw that the cloud of almond vanilla that wafted from her apartment was her lethal weapon towards her enemies.

As a close family, even though mama Poison spent her youth traveling the globe, these 3 women complement each other. For her 31st birthday, Poison Girl inherits her legacy, and as such you can admire it in her eyes; she has the loud voice of mama, with bitter orange and a slice of funky immortelle instead of plum, and the seducing power of her aunt, with an almond/tonka core, ready to take on where her mentors left. If Poison permeated the 80's with its narcotic winey tuberose wrapped in incense, and Hypnotic Poison seduced the 90's with wafts of almond patisserie and vanilla smoke, this new kid takes the best of both and shouts it from the rooftops. She's got style, her style, but she ain't got the manners. Yet.
But then again, if you belong to the Poison family, manners aren't exactly your most known feature. You're known for speaking loud and clear, and letting everyone know how it's gonna be. Take it or leave it.
And Poison Girl says it loud and clear; she's got the best of both, and her own unique touch. And this is how it's gonna be; bitter orange, cherry, almond, immortelle, vanilla, tonka, rose, almond, bitter orange, almond, vanilla.
Poison volume, Hypnotic Poison deliciousness, 21st century voice.

Strong sillage/10-12 hour longevity.

Update May 30th:
The more I wear Poison Girl, which is a lot, the more I see the hidden appeal. It is not a sweet fruitchouli like so many. There's a restrained beauty, maybe the bitterness? It is far more than the sum of its parts, there's something unique and dare I say delicious? The more I wear it the more I feel it is indeed a Poison member. Completely different and at the same time familiar. I bought a backup today, 100 ml before the reformulation that is about to come soon, and I'm already thinking of getting a 3rd bottle. Very unisex, and again, nothing at all like Black Opium. A kind of less sweet LPRN. Really, do give a try even if gourmands don't appeal to you. It's not even really a gourmand after all.

MartinaG
MartinaG

Mixed feelings about this one. On my skin it lasted for like 4 hours, then it became very quiet, more like a skinscent. First hour was really loud, I even felt a little dizzy because of this perfume. It smelled like a homemade fruit confiture, I sense the strong raspberry note, maybe a plum note, mixed with A WHOLE LOT OF SUGAR. It's VERY sweet and loud. Maybe even too loud for me (and I'm a Black Opium fan!). I love the dry down, the heart notes. That's when almond and vanilla come out to play. This reminds me of the poison girl who becomes a woman, very delicate, tender and lovely. I can't even decide if this is my perfume, if I want to wear it all the time, and what do I like better - the whole sweet and loud start or feminine, nice and warm drydown.

P.S. I don't smell citrus, chocolate or coffee here, no sir.

Dianatish
Dianatish

Nothing special nor something different. A sympathetic sweet perfume very similar to Black Opium. the essence of coffee is quite intense to me.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

The citrus opening gives way to a candied chocolate rose on me. The notes seem to pop almost all at once and takes turns what its doing. Sometimes citrus, sometimes rose, sometimes chocolate..an almond here and there.. tonka is definitely the magic maker in this scent.

Its not as complex as poison or HP. Its floral gourmand. Is it worth a bottle to try? Yes. Femme fatale the line is famous for? No. Her little sister that idolizes her is more like it.

mschnabel666

Mmmmmmmmmm, a sweet concoction, just what I like.

It does smell like a lighter Black Opium, but lighter, brighter, smoother, and fluffy. If you like BO, you should like this. I get chocolatey vibes too, and the almond dry down makes it drier. For the Dior name and price tag, I did expect more. I think I prefer BO. It's lovely and I like it, but I'm finding the potency lacking compared to my other Diors... Addict 2014, HP Edt and Edp. It had excellent soft sillage for the first few hours, but airy and delicate compared to BO. It's a nice effortless sweet, girly and cute. But it would have to stick around and get cheaper online for me to buy another. As it is, this 3.4 was an expensive blind buy. ;) but I knew I'd love it, I just prefer other high end sweeties.

auroramaria

I have this and enjoy wearing it very much my sixteen year old daughter steals a few sprays now and then and she smells amazing I think I'm gonna have to get the biggest size also can't wait for a body lotion to be launched

lisa marie.brennan
lisa marie.brennan

I adore this! I've never been a fan of the poison range. They've always felt too mature on my skin, but finally, a fragrance for your younger buyers! Well done dior.

QueenK13
QueenK13

This review will be short :)
Not a disappointment. I feel it like a white, vanilla enriched chocolate with almonds and a hint of juicy oranges. Very pretty overall.

Sillage: medium
Longevity: 5-6 hours (2 sprays on my wrist)

patriciar22
patriciar22

I was expecting other smell and I'm really disappointed about it. It's very sweet in a bad way. The almond is disturbingly prominent and it gave me nauseous. The drydown is very similar to Guerlain My Insolence, unfortunately, other fragrance that I hate.

jellybeantree

@vanillaclouds77 I feel your pain . They bring out a fragrance and 2 months later it's discontinued . It's so painful . Then they bring new ones out every month ! When they stopped JpG Fragile my heart cried . It's hard to move on !

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Poison Girl Dior

Top Notes Bitter Orange

Middle Notes Grasse Rose Damask Rose

Base Notes Sandalwood Vanilla Tolu Balsam Almond Tonka

I avoided even testing this fragrance. I was disappointed with the advertisements and publicity. I disliked the model with the cigarette in front of the No Smoking sign. This looked like a terrible idea and the name Poison Girl don't get me started. But I have now tested this scent for myself. I found it in my sister's collection. She loves it. This is a rose perfume very perfumy and sweet powdery rose as there are 2 rose notes. But there's also a lot of citrus. It reminded me a little bit of the citrusy rose combo in Miss Dior. But unlike Miss Dior this is a sweeter and more youthful rose, and the vanilla and almond are what give this scent a distinctive gourmand sweetness. It's a gourmand plain and simple. It's very sweet and girly and for a youthful perfume lasts a long time. I do like it but I'm not nuts about it. I don't have the same tastes in perfumes as my sister. On me it smelled good and on her as well but I don't see myself wearing this too often. I'm not impressed and wish that it had more oomph and something else to give it a kick. It's not too far from smelling like a "introduction to perfume" for girls scents like Versace Baby Rose Jeans. It does smell good so of course it's highly recommended. Give it a shot but it's a typical gourmand. I like my fragrances to have a lot more going on: woods, musk, incense, amber, sandalwood, more flowers, more fruits. This is a little baby that you like to carry with you. That's all. For the Poison fragrances with unrivaled excellence check out the original Poison and Midnight Poison. I can't get enough of them. They are amazing perfumes. This one needs a long way to go before it can ever reach the heights of the first Poison.

chimidoro
chimidoro

I haven't really got anything to say about this, other than that it's a pleasant scent.

This, like many current fragrances, is an amalgamation of popular scents. It smells like walking into a fragrance store. I feel bombarded by a collection of modern perfumes, all in one scent. A not unpleasant combination, but not signature scent worthy.

Sprayed (multiple times) onto the official tester card two days ago, the final stage/remnant left behind is almost identical to Britney Spears' Curious - "In Control" (with a touch of Dior's trademark Hypnotic Poison style almond lurking beneath).
Fruity vanillic/caramel dessert.

I came on here to vote as much, but not an hour later and (unsurprisingly) my opinion has been (dutifully) cast out with the trash, so I'm writing it as a review instead - though this effort will undoubtedly be unwelcome in much the same manner.

Saw a few others compare this to the Britney Spears Fantasy line. I'm sticking to my guns with Curious - "In Control".

This is a nice perfume. A crowd pleaser that boasts excellent longevity, but I would never actually buy it.

Mazza68

I own black opium and poison girl.. Def not the same... Black opium longevity is not as good as PG also. It's an addictive gourmand smell

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

for me this black opium in a different bottle. i compared with a squirt on each hand & initial blast they smell the same to me however once dried down poison girl goes almost smokey on me & i don't like it. black opium stays lovely on me where this turns. i wouldn't purchase this but its alright i just personally prefer black opium

Mazza68

This perfume is just gorgeous. I own many diors and it is up there. Disagree with the pink fragrance comments.. Sadly the name does it no justice.

jenny_sokols
jenny_sokols

Such a disapoitment.
I can't belive this stuff is made by DIOR. Sickengly sweet disaster!
I have the original poison and the hypnotic and this is nothing near. Is it Dior?? What ever happened?
Such a shame....

queenofheartsx
queenofheartsx

I'm not a huge fan of the original Poison or its sisters, generally I tend to opt for more floral type scents but recently I really wanted to try something new and different. On my way out of Boots the lady handed me a card with the scent sprayed on it and i REALLY liked it, it was sweet but not in an offensive way and i really loved the almond note in it. After a couple of weeks with the fragrance still weighing on my mind i went back and bought it - stupidly without testing it on my own skin. Big, big mistake. The bitter orange, which was previously subtle enough to offset the sweetness of other ingredients, all of a sudden became overpowering. On me I can smell NOTHING but that bitter orange. I think i have a problem with citrusy notes because a similar issue happened to me with Ralph Romance - on the tester card it smelled beautiful and rosy, but on me it was all lemon. Funny how perfumes work isn't it?! Oh well. I will be returning this!

endge
endge

Pink sugar bomb, Titanic of modern fruity-floral and memorable all right among the gazillion of faceless Escadas, Carolina Herreras and Ninas. However, for me this style can't sink soon enough. It won't though, because under 25-year olds also want to wear perfume and I am yet to see one who could pull off Poison or Miss Dior originals. And despite what I might think, Girl will sell like hot cakes, of course.

On its relation to Poison: none, zero, nada, nichts, zilch.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

My wonderful partner bought me this as a surprise!

I have had lots of compliments at work from my colleagues and the children think I smell like hot chocolate :)

Im really enjoying this at the moment, It is definitely in keeping with current trend - that fruity, juicy currant aroma along with gourmand vanilla etc. (Not a good comparison to black opium which is rather headache inducing sweet for me and a little tart and screeches at people - whereas this is creamy and juicy and softly wafts to people)

But it also has that distinct almond from Hypnotic poison in the back ground which really gives it depth.

Its blended well with the florals - Im picking up some creamy jasmine aswel although not listed??

Its fresh enough for spring and vanilla enough for winter - however I dont think Il be wearing in summer at all, there was a young wasp showing far to much attention to me this afternoon!

Job done well as far as I am concerned. perfect for the next generation of poison lovers to get their noses going :)

lalondem
lalondem

Geez, everyone says this smells like Black Opium but how can that really be possible with only one note the same(vanilla) and no patchouli at all listed! Doesn't sound right

Rhairis
Rhairis

If a large maison really want to produce wonderful gourmand perfumes for young...

Better to have classes with Lancôme.

blacktourma
blacktourma

I tested last week in the store. I hated for almost half an hour. I thought it was horrible. But half an hour later, the awfawl part has gone and I could smell orange and chocolate, like a chocolate bar.
Today I decided to give a second chance, and I liked it. I bought it. I'm wearing it, and it's delicious.
Yes, it's similar to Opium Black, but PG has very long longevity and better sillage.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This is massively over sweet with giant sillage. It segues from a fruity floral to a tooth achingly sweet gourmand. I didn't like it at all. And yes, it's very similar to Black Opium.

Myjulo
Myjulo

For me this is waaaaaay too sugary. And don't get me wrong, I like sweet scents. For example, I love Hypnotic poison edt. That is sweet, creamy and beautiful, but has none of that harsh sugariness this Poison Girl has.

dannysmom
dannysmom

To the person below, I live on the west coast US too. We just traveled to another state by plane, and it's at all the duty-free shops. Not sure if that helps you at all, but it's the only place in the US currently that has it.

Anyway, I bought it.. It's love for me. Similar to Hypnotic Poison (you can definitely tell they're in the same family), but it just works better on my skin.

Eugirlsniffs
Eugirlsniffs

Seriously, Dior, how many more times do you want to milk the same cow??? Coming out with this perfume was a waste of money and time. To call it a Poison is definitely an insult to the original. This smells good but not better than any celebrity or impostor fragrance in the market today. Nothing special, zero personality. Maybe a 12 year old would be content with this but for that age group it's way too expensive. I don't see an appropriate market for this one - but of course there IS a market for everything.

Soofiya

Iam a vanilla/gourmand lover but after buying a lot of sweet perfumes in this category during recent monthes I felt like i'm done with all supersweet gourmandish fragrances..I had no plan to buy or even test poison girl because I thought I already own similar perfumes so when my friend insisted I tested it with hesitant,expecting a boring supersweet vanilla...what a mistake..I fell in love immidiately!
It IS sweet vanilla dominated but I love almond note here and I'm surprised how well blended it is,bitter orange plays a dramatic role in poison girl.it adds freshness and a slightly bitter undertone to almondy vanilla and thanks god it stays long enough and prevents sweatness to become cloying
There is also a lovely delicate rose standing behind almondy vanilla showing up sometimes and at last the creamy sandalwood which makes this potion richer
I love all poison sisters and this one is a new love..it's a girly young version of hypnotic and just like other sisters it stays on me for hours with a really good sillage
The only thing I don't like about it is the cap which I prefered it to be silver or anything but not blue
Can't wait for winter to buy it..I need to have it right now

elderflowers
elderflowers

I read that during the filming of the ads for Poison Girl, Camille Rowe was told to be more panther, and less kitten.

She could be forgiven for thinking that 'kitten' was what was wanted, because that's what's inside the bottle: a sweet, playful thing without any aggressiveness at all. When I mentally list all the notes that perfumers use to create a love-it-or-hate-it edge, what strikes me is that none of them found their way into Poison Girl; it's an amped-up dark vanilla at heart. I wouldn't even call it a black vanilla, because it contains none of the smoked or resinous notes found in such scents, and it is very definitely sweet. It's 'dark' in the sense that it doesn't actually smell like some cake or dessert, but it's definitely aimed at someone who likes scents of that sort, but wants more sophistication.

It's not my thing, but I find it far more likeable than some other sweet scents of the moment. So, why all the hate for a dark vanilla with (as others have mentioned) solid lasting power?

I doubt it's the name; there are far worse names. I think it's the unusually absurd - and in the world of perfume, that's saying something - advertising schtick, which insults the intelligence of the young women LVMH wants to lure away from Black Opium. If an ad campaign suggests that a perfume clearly designed to be stylish, but also to conform strictly to modern taste and to be super-safe to wear on a date (no young man will smell this and – horrors! – wrinkle his nose at one of those love-it-or-hate-it notes), is in fact rebellious and polarising, people are bound to point out that it's nothing of the sort.

Germany

Hi lizka7, I could not either , so you have to order it from Europe if you are okay with that.
I ordered mine fromFrance from this site

INCENZA la boutique du Parfum

This is the first time I have ordered from them , it looks smooth sailing ,,,they send detailed tracking the next day , shipping is a bit much ,,, 23 euros which is close to 30 $ ( Canadian ) that's the only down fault. But if you want something bad enough it's worth it to me. They also have angel muse already and certain others.

Sorry not a review. I will remove this in a few days ,,, the reason I didn't message liska7 peronally is because some others may want to know where to find poison girl.

Update , I decided to leave this after all because this way everyone knows where to purchase it for now , going by the balloons people are happy to know :)
I ordered my second bottle from there and it takes only from Monday to Friday to get to Canada with detailed tracking. I am so impressed with them.

Lizka7
Lizka7

I live on West coast in USA, and could not find it anywhere online, or in the stores, not Macy, Sephora, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales carry it. Any ideas where to find it?

Lito2

Extremely feminine and youthful. Is super cheerful, sweet and sour in its opening, even with a crispy touch; but that tends towards a creamy almond-spun very enveloping. I understand that might like or not like, but the campaign so negative that it has made him cannot be justified without so if you want to have it tested! Grids are... It is a matter of taste, is clear; But what I have no doubt of the quality of the raw materials in the composition of this fragrance. It has a fantastic fixation.
I love it : )
--------------------------
Tremendamente femenino y jovial. Es súper alegre, agri-dulce en su apertura , incluso con un toque crujiente; pero que tiende hacia una cremosidad almendro-avainillada muy envolvente .
Entiendo que pueda gustar o no gustar, pero no puede justificarse la campaña tan negativa que se le ha hecho sin tan si quiera haberla probado ! Que cuadriculados somos . . .
Es cuestión de gustos, claro está; pero de lo que no tengo duda es de la calidad de las materias primas en la composición de esta fragancia. Tiene una fijación fantástica.
A mi me encanta : )

Kon-nos91

Jesus! This perfume follows me everywhere I go. I was thinking seriously of buying it and I did. I can't hide the fact that I was a hater during the past months but I loved the advertisement. I tried it again and again till I got it's character and meaning. Francois Demachy finally made a 'real' and strong perfume for Dior.

Dior did what he had to do. I am not familiar with the house of Dior but everybody talks about Poison Girl and this is what the creator for sure wanted. Nobody and when I say nobody I mean it, can say that the perfume hasn't a very good quality. It stays original even when you smell different perfumes and return to it, when others becoming 'invisible' or they change, or in the worst case they dissapear in the crowd. Sillage and lasting power are good.

It faces a wave of hate but because I am a gourmandise type of lover in perfumes, I can excuse a part from hatters thoughts and understand why & where the hate comes from, from my point of view. Everyone expected something amazing but who told you to be that excited? It does remind sliglty Hypnotic Poison and it does belong to the Poison family. Straight to the point, I find it a bit sickly/sticky sweet but you can win it and don't forget that it strickes the younger crowds.

Although this perfume can be used during all seasons and almost all ages, I propose that you should choose it during cooler temperatures or at least when you don't wear a lot of clothes. Hope you get my point. It shows it's magic when it's not that hot and remember not to over apply. It's the girl you will first take for a dinner and then a luxurious, full of games clubbing night will follow.

In the beginning you feel like you sprayed yourself with an almondy sirup but after some hours, the seduction will show off. What I really like is that the bitter orange (top note) stays a lot with you and doesn't let Poison Girl to be boring. It balances the sweetness while it gives some character. Almond and vanilla, as well as a rosie base are the most easy to detect notes. Tolu balsam but mostly tonka beans give a dark, balsamic and smokey feeling. Sandalwood just makes it more rich and full. That's why I said, wear it some hours before the real thing, you will be noticeably sweet and preppy at the same time, when suddenly you will be the center of attention because of the dark side coming after. For me it's one of Dior's masterpieces.

Lola36*2
Lola36*2

Easy, outgoing and bright.

FionaNewZealand
FionaNewZealand

I wandered into our local department store last week wearing Avon Imari Elixir. I tried on Poison Girl and was surprised to see how similar it was to the Avon I already had on. If you're looking for a less expensive version, give Imari Elixir a go!

greydove
greydove

For me its a disappointment. I've been wearing a vintage bottle of Hypnotic Poison for a couple months and love its spicy, almondy goodness. I was hoping for some of the same here, based on what others mentioned, but this smells too familiar; nothing new here. I too was reminded of Britney Spears Fantasy as the person below me said. I do like the far dry down which has a plastic doll accord, but it comes too late. I don't feel luxury in it either. I was hoping Dior could bring something luxe to the candy/cake genre. Guerlain is still dominating that battle.

Update: I'm trying it again. Its fun I guess, but nothing special. Smells like a jelly donut to me. I wear it on Fridays or Saturday morning to welcome the weekend

EllenD1991

Afterthought - Now I've been wearing this for a day or so I honestly think it is like a richer version of Britney Spears Fantasy!

EllenD1991

This is a very samey gourmand. I am wearing it today as I got a free sample in Boots. It does smell nice but not overly unique and to me bears little similarity to the original or any of its sisters. It doesn't seem like it fits in the group.

I do get the Black Opium references indeed, it has very similar top notes but when it fades to the middle and dries down it isn't actually that similar. I wouldn't turn my nose up if I received this as a gift but I wouldn't buy it myself I dont think. Not sure what type of age group it is aimed at.

The bottle is gorgeous, and would look so pretty on my dressing table but for now I think I will stick to Hypnotic Poison and give this one a miss.

MimiJoy
MimiJoy

Poison Girl was a Valentine gift. A blind buy based on a wishlist whim. I liked it in the beginning but i was almost afraid to confess it since I was influenced by all the negative "dior talibans" reviews. Then I choose to wear it and enjoy it: despite my 43 y.o., despite the disappointed poison lovers, despite the cheap bottle cap and packaging graphics, despite the advertising and marketing.
Bingo!
PG draws me lots of compliments, almost like Roses Vanille by Mancera (my other signature fragrance) suggesting my skin works beautifully with vanilla based scents.
What do I have to say... I love it dearly for what it is: a nice sweet scent. I don't ask too much and PG provides a honest service. It suits me and develops beautifully with time. Good longevity (love it on my clothes!) and moderate sillage. In my perfume collection Poison and Hypnotic Poison (those launched in the late 80's and 90's) still have their own top ten position but both of them are not the fragrance I would wear today.

silsilg2
silsilg2

Only I have to say that should not be called "poison " . Not worth it in my opinion . It is only a slight perfume. Not bad but I think to be in the family Poison would have to be different

Tsiolkovski
Tsiolkovski

I put off writing a review because I wasn't really sure how I feel about this.
First of, the ads; the marketing campaign is ridiculous. The slogan "I am not a girl, I am poison" I would expect to find on a 10€ "perfume" from H&M's own brand rather than from dior. Nothing about any of the ads I have seen makes me want to try it except the connection to the "poison"-line. The half-naked girl trying to look sexy in underpants and a jacket is neither representing what I am or what I want to be, and even if I'm only 25 I think it's just a sad failed attempt of being sexy.

The bottle; I actually don't mind the name "girl", and given as I would have loved the scent when I as 18-20 I don't think it's ill-fitting. I think the bottle looks nice, despite its pinkness. However the combination of the pink bottle, the three unmatching fonts and the blue cap makes the bottle very ugly to me. I would have preferred silver. If I do buy it, I'll throw the cap away. The box looks to me like they're really trying to milk the last drops of fame from the old poison line. It looks very dated.

The scent; this is by no means the best scent of the season. It's a crowdpleaser vanilla/almond/rose-scent, it smells nice. It would have been much better with a stronger rose, truer vanilla and the tolu balsam removed. I think the orange is mismatched in the scent, but it disappears quick enough.
I'd say I actually do like the drydown of it, but partly since it's so clear how it could have been better with small changes, and that it's by no means the best option out there for neither the vanilla or the rose, this is a clear pass for me. I would go for Black opium or Rosa excelsea instead of this.

annmeow
annmeow

Nothing similar with poison family...Smells exactly like YSL black opium.. Im quite disappointed..

auroramaria

If you enjoy sweet fragrances you cannot miss out on PG. This scent is pure bliss to me it is the most beauutiful almond tonka and vanilla with a touch of powder sillage and longevity the best, besides when I wear it I get compliments so I enjoy PG even more

Jomoves
Jomoves

This one follows the trend set by Black Opium. Clearly L'Oreal have realised that if you have a great marketing campaign, bottle and name, then people will buy the juice as long as it is crowd pleasing and pleasant even if there is practically no link between the aesthetics and the fragrance.

This is squarely aimed at consumers that wander into the department store, pick up a tester, sniff and say "That's really nice" before shelling out more than they normally would for a bottle of something similar because it has a prestige name attached.

I'm not ragging on those people because they are in the majority and not everyone is going to be a niche fragrance fan or even want to be. And business is business. It just annoys me because I expect something other than a very pleasant sweet vanilla fruity scent along the lines of what Britney has been doing for years.

Poison Girl? Not at all.

A La Angel
A La Angel

I... don't know what to say.

On one hand, I am once again disappointed by the seeming reluctance of a lot of the big houses to introduce new fragrances as opposed to flankers. I am made to understand that it apparently costs more to register and launch a new fragrance than it does to simply attach a new flanker to an already registered fragrance name, but I just think that there is no excuse for presenting a fragrance like this alongside Poison. They simply have nothing to do with each other. To be honest, even Hypnotic Poison was a stretch for me - it just has nothing to do with the original Poison, and could have just been its own Dior Hypnotic. If anything, Poison Girl is more like HP Legere or HP L'Eau to me. Or HP Blush (isn't that what they're calling the pink flankers now?).

On the other hand, it's nice. I mean, it's a sweet vanilla fragrance, and the fragrance shelves are not starving for yet another one of those, but Poison Girl does have a little more body than its compatriots in this genre, a little more heft. If anything, it wears a little bigger, better and longer than any other pink juice I've tried in recent years so... there's that. Definitely one to try if you haven't got a "pretty" one in your wardrobe, but not one to kill for if you already do. It will sit nicely alongside the La Vie Est Belles and Flowerbombs as far as pretty-but hefty fragrances go.

Dior "Girl". NOT Dior "Poison Girl". The Poison woman is not related to this girl at all, not by blood, not by marriage. And I don't even enjoy Poison all that much! I thought this might be a younger, more wearable take on Poison (and THAT, the shelves ARE starving for!), but it isn't. It is simply a young, wearable scent.

Dior, Dior... There is, in my opinion, a lot of laziness and confusion in the fragrance dept at Dior. I cannot stand or understand it.

raiza1990
raiza1990

I must say i like Poison Girl very much. I do not understand all the hate it gets. This is a very nice fragrance. It is like Black Opium, but more feminine and sexy.
I think the name suits it very well, it has a "dangerously sweet" vibe. This is one of that perfumes that play with contrasts. The super sweetness hides something more deep and mysterious underneath it. I love this kind of fragrances. My only complaint is that it is a bit too sweet, with more than 2 sprays it can easily become nauseating, but that does not bother me that much.
I am too busy letting myself be seduced by this delicious orange with vanilla to care about anything else.
Well done, Dior, very well done.

Madrona
Madrona

I got a sample in the mail today and frankly I was expecting this to be utterly saccharine from all the hate I have read on here. Instead I got a lovely bitter orange in the opening that dries down to an intriguing bitter almond amaretto-ish type scent. I have tried vintage Poison, Hypnotic Poison and Midnight Poison and to be honest I think Poison Girl belongs among them. Black Opium reads far sweeter and more cloying to my nose. This one is definitely more complex.

I really do like it, but I think it has not shown all of its facets to me yet. I for sure do not think that the Dior brand has been compromised because of this fragrance, nor do I think that Guerlain has been compromised because of releasing La Petite Robe Noire (which I love, by the way). Try Poison Girl with an open mind.

Kon-nos91

"Nobody rules the streets at night like me"
This is my second review, because I am not a girl, I am poison haha. I decided to give this perfume a third chance just to see how it acts with different weather, temperature and mood. Well, I am not far away from my first review but what's new? Sillage and longevity are very good and I mean it, very good.

I gave it some extra chances as every spray is quite different and it takes time till you understand the body of the perfume. It sprays perfectly by the way. It may be for the younger crowds because of it's sweetness, but for sure it's Dior's and not every young girl/man will get it's rich deepness.

Almond combined with it's top note, bitter orange that stays noticeable even after many hours. Vanilla is like the main character, a 'bubble gum' type of sweetness with a dark character. Maybe tonka beans give me that smokey feeling. I personally dislike rose but the concentration of it in Poison Girl is ok for me. Although I don't believe in day/night time perfumes, this is definitely a night one. The notes of Poison Girl are active enough, they are like they non-stop playing and mixing with each other.

Conclusion, it's not love but it's a huge like for me. What I only dislike? It's slightly 'synthetic', not with the bad meaning as Dior's magic is pure and natural notes close to reality but on my skin it feels like it 'screams' to have attention. People complain because they can't find a strong enough and a compliment getter perfume but this won't happen with Poison Girl. I will buy it.

I can understand the hate it receives. It must come from Poison line experts or older lovers. They can't accept the pure sweetness when they knew Poison's complexity but as I said above, there is some modern, quality deepness. I have to admit that I was one of the haters although not familiar with the Poison Dior's family & a gourmandise lover, but my lesson's learned. Don't be bad, karma will find you.

If you read my review, you've just been poisoned...

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Poison Girl is absolutely heavenly!

Sweet, warm vanilla and almonds,bitter orange, tonka bean and powdery rose. A delicious, sweet and sophisticated perfume. Long lasting and excellent sillage. I will definitely be purchasing a full bottle. Addictive fragrance. Highly recommended!

weasley
weasley

I didn't intend to try this, as I felt like I had enough sweet perfumes, and didn't believe this would be anything special. But I recived it as a gift, and I've been falling more and more in love with it to the point where I don't want to wear anything else than this right now. Hypnotic poison is my all time favorite, but right now this one is the only one I crave. If you like sweet perfumes, then do yourself a favor and please try it with an open mind. It did take a few wears to really fall for it though.

lulu169

this stuff is so sickly sickly cloingly sweet, it makes me nauseautious

Sasco
Sasco

Somebody call Colombo - we have a mystery on our hands! That big blue dislike bar? What's going ON with that? So you don't like sweet scents. Well there are a hell of a lot worse 'gourmands' on the market than this one. I suspect there are way too many people voting this one down on reasons that have absolutely zilch to with how Poison Girl actually smells. And I get it, I get it - marketing, branding & ad campaigns CAN be a real turn off (or on), but I don't think that alone should be a reason for writing off a product completely.
I'm not crazy about the name myself, and being older, I kinda resented how unsubtle Dior have been about the target audience.

Resented, past tense. Because when I finally got my sample, any concerns about it being too 'young' for me went right out the window. It's beautiful. Absolutely, hands down, the best almond fragrance I have ever had the good fortune to come across. Delicate, warm, pretty - just delectable. And it's as well composed as you would expect from Dior. They haven't 'sold-out' or cheapened the brand in any way. This is what I had hoped Hypnotic Poison would be, but for some reason, that one always fell a little flat on me - the reformulation being the only version I have tried. And I can't help thinking that if HP had only been released in 2016, it would be getting just as much flack as Poison Girl from the same people who raged against La Petite Robe Noir & Shalimar Parfum Initial. Well, the latter of these ended up being discontinued; I do hope Poison Girl doesn't fall foul of a similar witch-hunt.

If you don't like the sweet stuff, it's unlikely you'll have your head turned by PG (though you never know....), but honestly, this is just such a lovely little symphony of almond, rose and vanilla that, in my book at least, it's a must-try. It feels very much a part of the Poison family. Don't be frightened by that big blue bar. Go solve the mystery for yourself, and yourself only.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Dior can do no wrong at the moment, Poison Girl performs really well, the mix of vanilla dnd pistachio is great, it's similar in a way to Black Opium and la Petite robe noire eau fraiche, but arguably this is nicer, a true gourmand, definitely not just for youngsters.

Malibu

I keep going to Boots to test this and am really enjoying it so far - great longevity and it carries. I can see this being my next fragrance purchase...

I'm not familiar enough with it for a full review yet, but I want to give this a shout out as, despite what the name suggests, I think Poison Girl is a lovely gourmand fragrance suited for those of us in the 21+ crowd; a nutty/vanilla warmth accompanied with a slightly bitter orange note, to tone down the sweetness a bit, with a timeless powdered rose and musk backdrop.

I'm one of the ones who gets the resemblance to Black Opium, minus the intensity the coffee gives the former - so Poison Girl is a great alternative for us migraine sufferers who like Black Opium, but struggle to wear it.

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

I have used Hypnotic poison for years and years and know it to the core of its soul.

This little pink cutie is definitely a baby in Poison family.

At first I could detect only honey and almond, but very soon it grew on my skin into a milky, creamy, soft, cuddly baby of a Hypnotic poison, at some moments giving also the hinch of the first, original purple/green Poison.

Yes, that is exactly that powdery fluffiness that tickles the nostrils, that velvet, that mysterious depth but this time in much softer, lighter, silky way.

Perfect for those who love the original but find it to be just for winter/night/special occasion or simply too strong.

And no, it has nothing to do with Black Opium nor LVEB or any other popular fragrance.

It is good old Poison in super soft form. Like the name: Girl, and like the colour: soft red-ish pink.

Germany

I didn't want to review this fragrance at first because I don't like to write bad reviews , I generally only review the fragrances I like or love. Well sometimes I review some I do not like , I have to admit as bad reviews can be helpful as well. Anyways , I gave this a full wear today and I ACTUALLY CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT THIS

When I first got my sample , from a very generous fragrantican , I tested it on the back of my hand and judged to soon , I was disappointed because I found it generic , boring , so much like black opium and bonbon ,,, nice but nothing special, not for a Dior , I was sad , as I am a big fan of the poison family. The name "poison girl" didn't appeal to me either and I found the whole thing a little ordinary.

Today I gave it another whirl ! Again I sprayed it on and thought ,,,, not for me. It's much like bonbon but not as good and like black opium without coffee. So I thought , now I have to go through the day of smelling like this ,,,,,but I was wrong. After about 15 min the perfume changed ,,,,and then changed again ,,,,and then again,,,,, into a warm vanilla tonka almond fragrance , I can even smell my dear hypnotic poison through somewhere.
Well at this point I am considering buying this.
I asked my husband and he said he really likes it. However he did say that he had smelled this before , so he must be thinking of my black opium or bonbon , or Flowerbomb. He calls them all " cotton candy smells " and he puts poison girl into that category.
I am a huge fan of Dior fragrances.
Yes this is a little young , not as amazing as some other Diors , not classy or breathtaking , but it is sweet and youthful and follows the fashion , I do believe young girls will love this , as the name suggests this is not intended for a mature woman. Leave the original poison and hypnotic poison to the grown ups and let the teens and younger girls have poison girl , why not. It's smart to target all age groups. It's not failure of Dior but rather intelligent of the house to do so. Only Miss Dior is for young girls from the House. And that's a sweet chipre floral , now poison girl is a gourmand, oriental vanilla.
Anyways , by the end of the day or after about 6 to 8 hours It was fainting on me so I sprayed my hypnotic poison , and it was then that I decided I will probably buy Poison girl ! Reason being is I will mix the two , two words : stunning and very enjoyable !
If you are a gourmand lover , and a fan of Dior , then why not !

Soutty123
Soutty123

This smells nothing like La Vie Est Belle or even Black Opium but it is sweet, which is why I think it's getting so much hate - that and the fact that it's labelled "girl".

I really like it because I love almonds which, along with vanilla and orange, is one of the strongest notes in this perfume.

It isn't candyfloss sweet and it doesn't smell like it's aimed at teenagers or women under 25. Initially I thought the name was a bit silly for marketing reasons - why risk putting so many potential purchasers off? However, it didn't put me off nor the many many women that I saw queuing to try it in Boots on the day it was launched in the UK.

soltan
soltan

this smell similar to la vie ist bell but a litter lighter,

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

tested this today.and this is another sweet scent.maybe for someone can cause nausea. this is nothing extraordinary what i havent smelled before :) definitely it can be fine for younger audience :) this one also goes to the category of La Vie est Belle (which i hate), new YSL Opium and all other sweet perfumes. i neither like it nor dislike it. would not purchase a bottle though :)

Annaha
Annaha

I am very disappointed with this perfume and it makes me sad. My favourite perfume of all time is Dior Pure Poison but I love the Hypnotic Poison as well. Of course I had to smell the new version in the Poison family. I tried it out in a perfume store and sprayed it on my wrists. It is just disgustingly sweet. The longevity is great like with most Dior perfumes so after few hours I had to wash it off cause it was so offensive. It smells generic and cheap like many of the celebrity fragrances. I have nothing against the celebrity perfumes of course but their price matches the quality. While Poison Girl has the Dior price tag and that's about it. I know it is marketed at a younger audience (I'am 30) but it smells like a cheap perfume on a teenage girl, who has put on way too much of it. In the old days the great fashion and perfume houses used to create bold and original fragrances. You could love them or hate them but they were unique and iconic. Nowadays everything smells the same and even the big names like Dior try to please masses instead of setting new trends. It is really sad that a great name like Dior no longer stands for luxury and quality but it is not only Dior of course. I think it is general trend and I wonder if it is only me who feels that way.

eli.78
eli.78

gorgeous

Shwets

On first spray, very pretty not nostril killing fume.
Reminded me of HP Sensuelle toned down in jasmine with the Black opium vibe but not strong as that.

This is very 'light' smelling and yet well lasting.

For me the selling point is that it works with my skin chemistry. It has the HP vanilla/almond base but very lightly and then the slight Black Opium vibe.

Nothing like LVEB to my nose. The orange note smells like black currant on my skin! Very pretty, i will be re-testing to see if that orange note is apparent to my nose..

Lets now test its sillage and longevity.

Update after 4 hours: this is smelling exactly like the body shops black musk perfume oil on me. Still going strong with sillage.

Bacardichick17
Bacardichick17

Tried this two days ago and fell in love with it instantly. Tried again yesterday just to make sure and purchased a bottle. Such a lovely mix of sweet and floral with almond and vanilla. Have received compliments on it already. Also own la vie est belle and black opium and this one is so much better and the dry down so feminine and pretty. Lasts 12 hours plus on my skin. Tested it at 1pm and could still smell it the next morning. Definitely recommend this to anyone of any age, I am certainly older than the target audience but it's a very elegant and sensuous fragrance without being too overpowering. Well done Dior, very well made fragrance in my book. Try it you may love it.

katemax
katemax

I love it! Sweet vanilla almond goodness. I also love black opium so this is right up my street. Got my sample today and I cant stop smelling it

valencia
valencia

This has got some seriously controversial reviews. I decided to try it out, and was surprised.

At first, it smelled like something so delicious that I literally wanted to take a bite of it (very strange reflex!). It then occurred to me that it probably smelled like cotton candy, or some sort of sweet candy yummy scent.

I generally dislike very sweet perfumes, and I can't wear them for long because they become nauseating to me. However, this one has a nice dry down that is not sweet at all. Rather, it comes out as a nicely balanced powdery, almonds and aromatic scent - very feminine and I'd say even, sophisticated.

I gave it on a tester paper to my partner, who despises sweet perfumes more than me, and he actually liked it (shocking and testament to its balanced quality).

I think the campaign for the perfume puts a lot of people off. Especially the branding of the perfume as feminist, in my opinion, is an inappropriate use of terminology. It is furthermore exacerbated by the use of "girl" - as if excluding anyone beyond that age category, and then suggesting rather patronisingly that you are allowed to "rebel" and to be "independent" or whatever. Seriously?? I thought we moved well beyond the 1950's...

However, that aside, I would recommend people to try it with an open mind. In my opinion, out of the other sweet perfumes on the market, I'd get this one - it has an indulgent opening, but a lovely and elegant dry down.

Musky4

Poison Girl has now been launched in Boots stores in the UK. I went to try it today and practically covered myself in it in order to give it a fair testing. Hours later and I can still smell it a little, so longevity seems to be okay, but it has stayed very soft on me and certainly doesn't have the sillage or strength of some of Dior's other creations. I can see the comparison to Black Opium in that they are aiming at the same (younger) market with a fashionably sweet, vanilla-based scent. Poison Girl is in no way groundbreaking but fits in very well with this current fragrance trend. If you took the coffee note out of Black Opium and replaced it with almond, you might end up with something like Poison Girl. In spite of my love of Dior perfumes I just didn't enjoy this one. Based on the notes I should have loved it, but it just felt too mainstream and dare I say, boring, for my liking. Yes it's pleasant enough, if that's what you're after, but there's nothing different or interesting about it that would tempt me to buy it - especially at Dior prices.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

I'm sorry, feminist? "The new fragrance is announced as a bitter - sweet floral, scandalously delicious, made for rebellious young women, pop - feminists who follow their dreams." In what way would this scent appeal to feminists, exactly? Do they mean that being a woman and following your dream makes you a feminist? I really dislike the usage of this word so loosely. Feminism is to see that people are treated differently according to gender, and that the treatment they get is not entirely fair.

Shwets

I'm not sure how this works, but is there official documents to state that the sandalwood is from Sri Lanka, tonka bean from Venezuela and the May rose is from Grasse as per description?

This would then apply to all perfumes which we are to assume follow the same? Or are we having our leg pulled?

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

I just got this today, I live in the USA, and I ordered from Spain, because I don't know when we will get it here. When I first sprayed it, I first thought that this could have easily been another flanker of Diesel Loverdose. After the perfume dried down I started to think this is Hypnotic Poison's younger sister. I feel like Poison girl is a mix of the Original Loverdose, and Loverdose Tattoo. I don't see this perfume as young, or girl. I see more of mid 20's from this perfume.

LisaMari
LisaMari

The opening is a bright bitter orange that I really like but then it quickly becomes much sweeter, the orange is smothered in vanilla reminiscent of Hypnotic Poison but less cloying. Then the final dry down is a pleasant very light vanilla/orange dusting powder and it smells a lot like a plastic doll actually :/
I like the opening and the dry down but not the mid-notes...

Norgirl
Norgirl

Nothing here o be excited about sadly . This does not stand out from all other perfumes of this aera .
patchouli and fruity girly and forgettable . I love a good fruitshouli but this did not go up there as a contender .
and he longevity is cloe to skin and lasts just a few hours on my skin. Test before buy is my suggestion

Gumoosh
Gumoosh

Personally, I am getting tired of flankers.

Especially of iconic fragrances like Poison. I smelled this out of the nozzle and I was nonplussed. It seems the "new" type of fragrance that is all the rage is coffee/vanilla/gourmand with no real soul or complexity.

Sure, they smell nice but do I want to smell like every other woman aged 16 to 46 over the next year?

No thanks.

nx
nx

Okay, so I understand why people are upset that this fragrance is part of the iconic Poison house - one which bares that name comes with immediate expectations. Mystery, elegance, complexity.

I for one find all of those things in Poison Girl. I think she is those things and more - charm, playfulness, laughter. She is sweet, but she is multi-faceted. She does not smell like a teenage girl, but rather a young woman who is both grounded and full of imagination, and OWNS it.

My understanding of the notes is that orange and tonka are wrapped in a coccoon of fairy floss. As the candy melts away, the two dominate together, as a sea of vanilla and almond slowly pull in and over like the tide. Yes, this does mean the drydown smells similar to Hypnotic, but again, just that touch more effervescent.

I wish people would set aside the ego that the Poison name carries and really appreciate this beauty for the bubbly, fun masterpiece it is.

globus pallidus
globus pallidus

What I personally find disappointing is that 1. rose has been promised, but almond-vanilla has been delivered and 2. the unrelated name of a prior best-seller has to be milked into oblivion instead of choosing a new name.

Verka81
Verka81

Meh... Nothing to write home about. Bring back Tendre Poison!!

Boudoir
Boudoir

This fragrance honestly should've been another Hypnotic Poison flanker because this scent is practically identical to the modern formulation of HP once the top notes fade; the only notable difference is that while HP retains the bitter almond nuance throughout the entire duration of its wear, PG's almond is rolled around in cotton candy and sugar. Also something to note: PG lasts longer on my skin than the current HP and projects more.

mell
mell

I don't get the hate for this perfume I have smelled so many much worse that are well liked by others .I think the name and marketing are far more peoples issue than the scent itself .Are Dior not allowed to make a sweet perfume more in line with todays trends ? I also don't get the Black Opium or LVEB comparison I have all these perfumes and like them all but apart from being sweet they don't smell similar .BO is a coffee vanilla delicious yummy scent LVEB is a fruitchouli and PG to my nose starts as a medicinal cough syrupy smell which lasts approx 15mins and then it settles into a fairly linear warm slightly powdery fragrance to my nose dominated by the tonka bean supported by the vanilla and almond notes as it progressed it slowly becomes more powdery and the vanilla becomes the main player it is sweet but never gets cloying .The silage is good I can smell it throughout the room and the longevity is also good it still lingers at the end of the day . You can tell it is made from quality ingredients If I knew nothing of the marketing and hate reviews by the scent alone I would have expected this perfume to be very popular .It is certainly selling well here .

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

A simple scent, but the good quality ingredients are undeniable. It stays quite linear and the powdery almond with vanilla dominates all the way through. There's a bit of bitter orange and the hint of roses at the beginning, but dries down pretty quickly. It's a dry and sweet, but not cloyingly so. It has the quality of airiness, so I can see it being worn in the early summer days as well.

But where is the comparison coming from with Black Opium? That one smells like an oversweetened vanilla latte to me. Where is the comparison coming from with LVEB? That one has all the typical features of a fruitchuli. Some reviewers need to look it up what qualifies as a fruitchuli. If Poison Girl is similar to something, then that's Hypnotic Poison. Actually I think this would be the perfect Hypnotic Poison eau Fraiche. But I don't think that way this perfume could be any less hated. It would still be a youthful flanker of an era long in the past, and it looks like creating something youthful is a sin.

Longevity is not as good as the rest of the Poison line, sillage too. I'd say both are moderate.

Ditta70
Ditta70

About as pleasant as an indigestion. Sickly sweet with something really sharp and harsh in it at the same time. About the worst perfume I have smelled in a long time. Pity it is wearing the name of a beautiful classic, parasitically using the old fame. Nothing to do whatsoever with Poison, which was a ground-breaking perfume in her time. This one is absolutely mediocre, just another sickly concoction among dozens and dozens of others. Sad.

Neuphoria
Neuphoria

I wish the marketing and the name were different. Really? Poison Girl? could you be any more cliche? Nonetheless, the scent is really beautiful, Creamy vanilla with almonds. There's something really interesting and edgy about it that I can't quite put my finger on.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I find this to be a beautifully crafted perfume, a soft and sophisticated embrace with carefully balanced sweetness. Almond, vanilla and tonka bean just go so perfectly well together! And then there is a freshness added to take the edge of the sweetness and it's done to perfection. I'm not the right person to make references to the other Poisons so I will not even try. Poison Girl is a beauty by its own right.

drexy
drexy

Sugar. That's all I smell in this one. Love the Pure Poison, very fond of the Midnight and Hypnotic Poison as well, but this one - definitely not for me.

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

I have to start this review by saying that this is not bad at all, it is a nice gourmand. It smells like almonds and vanilla ice cream with a lot of sugar. It is stickingly sweet and much persistent.

But in my mind I don't associate this name to this scent.
As I have mentioned in my first review about this scent (on the page about this perfume that was later removed) the first thing that came to my mind as soon as I read its name was "Poison Girl" by HIM, a song that tells about a young lady poisoned by love and the terrible relationship between her and her lover. I associate this song to the smell of absinthe (anise, liquorice), roses, incense,vanille as well probably. Something darker. Something more along the lines of the other Poisons. I know I might sound stupid, but I love that song and I would love to be a poison girl someday, but this scent doesn't represent the poison girl I imagine someday I will be.

цветана.петрова
цветана.петрова

I don`t like it,smells strange,reminds me of cough syrup,i love powder note,but here it is unpleasant!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Poison Girl is the newest fragrance from the House of Christian Dior and was released in February 2016. To talk about this perfume (which is the first of the Poison line that I review), I have to tell you a little of my story with its predecessors.

It took me a lot to meet the original Poison (1985), because at that time, only rich or traveled people could have imported perfumes, in Brazil. I remember that no one pronounced "Poison" in English, only in French.

The first perfume that I met of this line was Hypnotic Poison (1998). I felt its fragrance in a mall store, when it arrived in the country, and I fell in love. Until today, I think that its scent of flowers, almonds and vanilla is stunning (and shareable, for those who love gourmand scents). Then, in early 2000's, I fell in love again with a Poison, this time, with iridescent bottle and floral fragrance: it was Pure Poison (2004), a total sales success. I met a lot of women who have become faithful wearers.

In the same period, the Poison line has become more popular and everyone wanted news. Arose, then, Midnight Poison (2007) and its oriental fragrance, which conquered not only women, but many men. I met several men who bought for their own use. Increasingly, the border of genres was coming to an end and men were not concerned with labels anymore, something that was very common among women. Until this point, I had already known the original Poison fragrance and Tendre Poison (1994), both fantastic. It was easy to understand why so much adoration for this collection of Dior.

Since then, the Hypnotic version won several flankers and now, the house launched a new original fragrance, looking at the young women who dictate fashion, have their own style, are bold and free. The concept advocates a pleasant trap, which is full of seduction and deliciously addictive. I think it's perfect for the new female bloggers, who are gaining thousands of followers on their social media and not yet reached the age of 30.

Poison Girl has bitter orange output, heart with Damascus rose and Grasse rose (also known as May rose) and gourmand base with vanilla, tonka bean from Venezuela, almonds and a touch of sandalwood and tolu balm.

The result is not innovative and therefore already hit the market full of criticism. Comparisons with La Vie Est Belle, Black Opium, Trésor La Nuit, etc. are not wrong, since it is possible to notice similar nuances during the evolution. What is missing to the public, however, it is the market knowledge to understand that Poison Girl is Dior's response to conquer this market share. The name of this is competition!

However, to state that Poison Girl is bad or "unfunny" is an insult. Just one spray on the skin and the whole environment is taken by its fragrance, which is sweet and bitter at the same time. The evolution does not follow exactly the order of the notes, because its gourmand base appears from the beginning. If I had not had access to the official press release, I may not would believe in the presence of the roses. But they are there, subtle, giving a floral touch and balancing the fragrance, avoiding that it becomes extremely cloying. Projection and lasting are worthy of an Eau de Parfum from Dior's House.

The bottle kept the visual identity of the line, in soft pink, which conveys innocence and youthfulness. I would like to make an observation: 30ml bottles do not come as full as the other sizes. So, do not panic and do not think that leaked liquid.

In closing, I would say that Poison Girl was made for girls who wore, stealthily, the Poison perfume from their mothers, in the 90's, and always dreamed of having a bottle to call their own. Time has passed, they grew up, but Dior didn't forget them.

loonad
loonad

tested this on Monday and found it to be quite nice. i think the name is quite misleading-this should not have been a poison flanker-rather Dior should have created a new line with a new name for it.longevity is good.

Papavero0
Papavero0

A good quality sweet fragrance. Nothing complex obviously. I wish I felt the almond, but I really don't.

windhill
windhill

I'm not a kind of person that will bash sweet perfume and closed my nose from anything mainstream. Its actually smell really good, well crafted and not sharp like many sweet gourmand in the market. But its not memorable enough to be named as one of the Poison's flanker.

The opening notes really mouthwatering. Sweet marmalade orange and creamy creme brulee all the way. And the rose, its not like freshly cut rose. Its has some strange dries smell like a rose petal that covered in sugar. The heart notes and base completely overpowered by tonka and vanilla but its not heavy. Way tamer and younger than Black Opium(that we have a big in comparison here). Black Opium very smoky and I don't want my teen sister to smell like(as when I wear it and people asking me if I am smoking....). But Poison Girl is more approachable to them, in my opinion.

Really good sillage and longevity like many of Dior's perfume. No hated here. In fact I loved it a lot. Its just not unique enough to stand out from the crowd and Poison Girl will remind you to many sweet fragrances.

napiergirl
napiergirl

hmmm excited to try this ..ordered sample and just sprayed ..instantly it reminds me of hypnotic ..which is good because thats sexy as hell...its sweet and syrupy , warm with vanilla and caramel..Im liking it ..Its powdery but not in a nana way..and its strong ..I have oversprayed..But thats a money saver ...mmm Like /love this ..sweet ..caramel , vanilla with a hint of lily and a sexy hypnotic poison vibe ..heavy vanilla..would be great night, winter scent

Could be that sweet scents don't do it for you!? Fruitchoulis make me nauseous so I get it..just clarifying that Poison Girl isn't a bad scent at all, just not working for you!

@genny 17

I understand your point, and I meant no offence against the Poison Girl fans, but the point is that, of all the mentioned fragances, Poison Girl is the only one that makes me feel positively nauseated. Honestly. I don't know if this is due to the poor quality of the raw materials, the wrong mixing of them or just a problem with my body chemistry, which is somewhat odd, or with my nose (it is said that certain people are unable of smelling certain smells). However, if anybody feels offended, I apologize.

In defense of Poison Girl, not everyone will like it, but in no way is it " yuck"
Like I could say Aromatic in White is yuck to me, as I find it boring and dry...but I refuse to do so. Noses capture different things in perfumes, and obviously some aren't fond of sweet fragrances..and some dislike formal white florals..
Furthermore La vie est Belle is not like Poison Girl , those are two different scents! Why always compare everything remotely sweet to LVEB!?
Just my opinion! There are out there sweet scents that are a lot more common and generic than Poison Girl! Dior can also create fun, flirty and easygoing perfumes!!

La DameDeNoir

Just tested this afternoon.

Yuck.

I hate to write such negative reviews, but this is indeed the worse thing I have smelled in a long time (and most perfumes of our days are, in my opinion, from mediocre to disgusting). This is, by far, the worst. It makes my stomach to turn, literally. Horrible. Honestly, far even worse of what I expected.

It is, mainly, a very strong, scratchy, bitter citrus note, extremely cheap and synthetic. It recalls me a a disgusting cough syrup that my mother used to give as a litle girl. Poison Girl not only recreates the artifical flavor, but also the sticky viscosity of the medicine. It is suposed to have rose, but my poor nose is unable to notice it. Apart from the cough syrup note, the only smells that I can distinguish is a vaguely musty, powdered thing that makes me to think about an old make up pencil that has been forgotten and turned rancid into a drawer. And then, the backgroud: sickly sweet, gooish, in Lancôme La Vie Est Belle style...Faintly similar to when you are in the kitchen, making a Chinese Flan with instant flan powder, vanilla and caramel. Sillage and projection are enormous: I had to wash three time my hands (I sprayed the perfume on a cardboard strip, but even so my hands became impregnated), and I can still detect the perfume in a very noticeable way.

I never thought that it would come a day in which the Maison Dior would release a perfume even worse than a celebrity fragance.

Elena Vosnaki
Elena Vosnaki

Better crafted than most mainstream releases these days (projects decently, lasts very long) without the originality that previous Poisons have exhibited to history's appreciation. After the fruity sugary start lands straight into an almondy fluffy vanilla that recalls Hypnotic Poison in the very best sense. Little purpose to name something like this "Girl", though, since one wouldn't call an analogous attempt at a youthful masculine a Boy, now would one?

c8ven
c8ven

Pink almond bomboniere!!! I lightly misted Poison Girl on my arms today and this is exactly what I got upon dry down. Creamy almond with a hard pale pink sugar coating.

Misting is the way to go with this perfume, rather than pooling the spray, by the way. Pooling it wrecks the effervescent sugar-sweetness and leaves you with a heavy pink bittersweet mess.

Delightful when applied correctly!

jovejove
jovejove

Is it discontinued yet?

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

It is a generic sweet fragrance like La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, Black Opium, the new D&G Pour Femme etc, but I love the gentle marzipan vibe! I tried this next to La Vie Est Belle and found that La Vie Est Belle is stronger and more complex. Anyway, if you like those sweet perfumes, this one is for you :)

PS - This is not a 'hate' review, it's neutral and my honest opinion which I'm entitled to. Thank you.

MysticRose
MysticRose

Considering the hell that I went through to locate this thing I am extremely disappointed. The initial blast of liquorice and bitter orange was somewhat enticing; considering that I HATE liquorice. I was excited to see how this progressed but nada. The underlying vanilla/musk settled in but added nothing to the composition; it is a nice fragrance but rather bland when compared to its predecessor Hypnotic Poison. I understand the comparisons to Black Opium: they both have a slightly nauseating feel to them and a pungent note that goes straight through you.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in... A trashy spoiled teenaged brat who dares calling herself a rebel because of smoking (isn't that cliché?)AND wearing Poison despite the sign on the wall.

But, wait... Is that even Poison ? Heck no... Just a generic sweet hype scent that you probably have smelled thousands times these last 5 or 6 years...

Besides this more ridiculous than rebellious ad campaign. This scent doesn’t smell bad, it does smell nice,but really, really boring compared to the original Poison, or even compared to the other Poison flankers. So why calling it a Poison flanker ?
They could have called it "fluffy pinky candy floss girly girly" it would have matched better the "spirit" of this perfume

Mohd93
Mohd93

This is NOT similar to La Vie Est Belle, La Nuit Tresor or THAT similar to Black Opium. LVEB has a strong Patchouli note with Praline, and Black Opium does not have that Dior touch or the same Vanilla.

This is a less polarizing Hypnotic Poison, with a hint of Black Opium, also a bit fresher and younger than other Poisons. However, it's not just for teens. When I first smelled it I didn't imagine a teenager at all. ANYONE can wear it :)

I don't get the hate with this fragrance, I've smelled way worse, people love to exaggerate and have meltdowns. It's not like any other mainstream sweet fragrance out there. It still has that unique Hypnotic Poison vanilla.

There's a POISON for everybody! If you don't like one try the other.

RoulitaGatita
RoulitaGatita

it's a very sweet fragrance, it doesn't remind me any of other poisons fragrances, it reminds me a little black opium and la vie est belle, but they are not the same . i prefer poison girl than black opium and i'm gonna buy it for spring. it lasts forever (12+ hours). i can smell roses with SUGAR, but in a really good way. I love it :D

Smellyfaerie
Smellyfaerie

I tested this one for the second time today and I can't understand where all the hate reviews come from.

First of all, let's put things into perspective here. It does not smell like LVEB or Black Opium, those are fruitchoulies and, guess what? There may not be any patchouli in Poison Girl (if there is, my nose is failing to detect it).

If Dior is targeting the young market, what's wrong with that? This doesn't mean one is just too old for the scent. I personally don't care about the ad or the packaging, but it does smell good, period.

As someone already pointed out, it reminds me of the discontinued L'Occitane Almond, but with less projection and more longevity. And dollheads. The opening is a mixture of almond, vanilla and roses. As it dries down, it loses a little its nutty vibe and becomes a little more floral. The late drydown has a hint of orange blossom, or something else that mimics its presence. It has moderate projection (at least in winter) and good longevity.

I also tested 2 application methods. The right wrist with a very disperse mist from distance and "pooling" the left wrist. In my opinion, it does smell better in very small doses.

It is not groundbreaking, but it is very well done. The price tag is a little higher than I would expect paying for just another sweet scent, but I think this one may be worthy.

I am fully in love with this perfume, It's just delicious!
I don't really understand why there is so much negativity towards it? nothing wrong with adding a younger more sweeter member to the family.

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

My first impression was not very good.one top note was strange to me. But when it developed it was outstanding.very heavy, sweet, classy and luxurious smell. An aroma of great quality. I could not resist so i bought a bottle without second thoughts.

olga.bondarenko.777
olga.bondarenko.777

For me- the best from all Poisons! It's really creamy almond-vanilla sweet balsamic fragrance, and my luck I have not detect any roses in it. Nothing similar to Olympea or LVEB

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

I love the bottle and display it on my dresser table when I want someone to see it. It's a sweet gourmand scent built around vanilla. Lots of vanilla. It's a vanilla rose with almonds. It opens with citrus very fresh, a tad bitter and made even more bitter with the balsamic note. But it softens and develops into a rose perfume with vanilla. It's also very powdery and turns into a light sweet smelling cloud of perfume around me. I love to spray it on my pillows and sheets. I think it's sweet and sexy the youngest in the family of the Poison fragrance line, therefore she has a long way to go before she can grow up and become like her famous mom Poison. This fragrance is fresh, this fragrance is youthful, vanillic and wonderful. I bought it after testing it and I love it. Sometimes you just want to smell sweet.

Francois Demachy created a modern perfume with Poison Girl, sweet yes, but with character, I find it interesting, look at all the Demachy creations, the guy is a great nose..Poison girl is what it is, younger, like is this a problem really!? It manages to smell attractive, to have something rather unique, so good job!!
Every new scent that is a bit sweet gets compared or played against La Vie est belle, very predictable!! Poison Girl is more subtle than the Lancome, so the comparison stops there.

Martin__
Martin__

I'm a man, however I test women perfumes from time to time. Poison Girl, huh? To me name itself is cheap. But let's get to the point, shall we?

I don't know Black Opium that well but as far as I remember, it was sweet as hell and didn't deserve to be named "Opium".

This... Well... It's a copycat of Lancome La Vie Est Belle, however LVEB, compared to Poison Girl is super mature and complex fragrance.

Poison Girl is a terrible mix of flowers (however, I detect no rose at all) and candies. That's it.

Longevity is good (unfortunately) and sillage is very good (which is even worse).

I think it's about time for Mr. Demachy to retire.

karlee79
karlee79

This smelling like no other perfume. There is no comparison ...just like hypnotic.PERIOD.its beautiful

I will say AVOID reading reviews that do not describe a perfume accurately!?
Poison Girl as the name implies is a younger version of Poison, 2016 it is...Still, it is nicely done, it isn't a generic sweet scent, neither is it like Black Opium , with its rich coffee sweet oriental delight. Poison Girl is after all a child of Dior, it has a nice almondish vibe, and didn't strike me as teenagerish sweet, no, it is well done, it has its own character,.the Tonka bean dominates in the base, but it is overall subtle, it isn't a blast in the face scent, so longevity isn't outstanding. Does it have mass appeal? I think it will please lots of women different ages out there.
I enjoy the orange vibe in the top notes, it gives it that particular opening, it mixes in nicely with the tofu balm, whereas the base is more strictly gourmand.I like it. So nothing wrong with Dior for introducing a lighter, more modern version of its classics, the original Poison is getting old.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

The sugar and the rose work well together over the creamy vanilla base. Now that I've said that, you know exactly how it smells... nothing new. It's a nice first fragrance for teenage girls; or when you're on your period :p.

Petra Pingi
Petra Pingi

I tested it twice and must say I like it. It sure is not a typical Dior, but it captures the name "poison girl". Sweet, but kind of naughty.
The opening is fruity, reminds me of jummy orange juice. Later it becomes more sweet, candy like vanilla. The drydown is sweet vanilic heaven.
I was hoping for more roses, but i don't detect them.
Overall, it's a lovely sweet gourmand scent that are now in trend. Sillage and longetivity are moderate.
I would buy it, but not for that price ;-)

Radostina
Radostina

I definetily like it, so sweet and fresh at the same time. Reminds of Black opium but is much better!!

Jahzara
Jahzara

This smells literally like pistachio nuts!
The moment I smell this I said I have to buy this.
It smells really sweet and powdery.
My only problem with this perfume is that I can't spray too much, because I don't like it if I spray too much.
It becomes like too cloying that makes me want to throw up, but that's just me and not the perfume!
I have to use just 3 sprays of it.
It has a moderate logevity, so the lasting time is ok.

I definitely recommend this perfume to every girl that's sexy and confident and feels like they're on top of the world LOL :)

Gingercat77

I was literally dying to get my hands on this as i have every other Dior poison - a huge collection- which would never be complete without the latest installment.
I found a small genuine amount on ebay & got it today.
I do think it's a high quality perfume, rich and multi faceted like the other poisons. I do believe it is as pretty as the others but it's getting trashed unnecessarily because it does belong to the current trend of gourmet perfumes. But like all other Diors, when Dior does it, they do it WELL!
For me, it smells like a better version of LVEB with a touch of Hypnotic Sensuelle thrown in. Sweet, luxurious and creamy, all at once. It rightly deserves its place amongst the other Poisons. There is nothing girlish about it. It's deep, sensuous and very sexy.

Antares811
Antares811

Poison Girl is similar to Black Opium, but it also reminds me of Manifesto, in the basenotes.
The beautiful rose, tonka and vanilla are very prominent, the opening is fresh (orange) and yummy (I can detect licorice too), the powdery drydown is warm, balsamic, sweet, sultry.
I love it.

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

Thanks to a lovely member who sent me a mini bottle. I love this! I get vanilla and almond and something floral and the dry-down is a yummy skin scent. This may sound bizarre, but it reminds me of Alien Essence Absolue, which I love. Sillage and longevity are moderate. Definitely full bottle worthy should it come to North America.

Red Sin

starts very strong and extremely gourmand, like you wanna bite your hands. Though the base notes are horrible and it smells really basic youth light fragrance when it dries.. would not purchase it tbh.

When I saw this one, I thought, well some elegant women are not going to appreciate this marketing of the new perfume in Poison line.
It is weird in my opinion too. Dior's perfumes are so expensive, that I believe they are not meant for very young girls.
The perfume itself is good. Sweet, vanilla-almond fragrance. I don't think it's 100% the same as YSL Black Opium, but there are some similarities.
It reminds me of Palmolive's shower gel somehow, nice and cozy, but not very special, considering it's Dior.

mystica
mystica

Today I've tried Poison Girl (in a generous amount).

Basically, it's almost identical to YSL's Black Opium. It also reminds me of Manifesto somehow, but like it's little, younger sister.

Poison Girl is very sweet and creamy. Actually it got a bit cloying in the warm weather (here).

Sillage is fine as long as it lasts, longevity is "meh". Totally EDT strength.

Poison Girl is nice, but just nice that's it. It smells good like many other perfumes (in the same genre), so I'm not sure if I'd buy it. If I had to choose, I would prefer really anything out of the current Poison series instead this one.

Lito2

Small misunderstood, that difficult are getting it... Buy blind after several visits failed to the perfume shops in my area. The controversy is served... To my I like, it is fun for me. Unlike the majority, I think that he highlights but much in the sector "girls" with abundant aromas with infima quality raw materials. For me it is a perfume that has to be of your liking from the beginning, because it opens as follows their development, saving certain nuances. It is funny, noted and calm at the same time greedy gluttony but without causing headaches. It has a very great duration, and what to my respect seems a fair addition in your signature. It is not perhaps the enigmatic that can become some of her older sisters but it perfectly covers the role that has been awarded. Note: Combines incredibly well with Elixir Pure Poison, just wearing my Blazer from the night before and boards did Nirvana.

------
Pequeña incomprendida , que difícil te lo están poniendo ...
La compre a ciegas tras varias visitas fallidas a las perfumerías de mi zona . La polémica esta servida ...
A mi me gusta , me resulta divertida . Al contrario que la gran mayoría , opino que destaca pero por mucho en el sector " jovencitas " donde abundan los aromas con materias primas de infima calidad . Para mi es un perfume que tiene que ser de tu agrado desde el principio , pues abre como sigue su desarrollo , salvando ciertos matices .
Es divertida , se hace notar y a la vez calma la gula golosa pero sin provocar dolores de cabeza . Tiene una grandisima duración , y en lo que a mi respecta me parece una justa incorporación en su firma . No es quizá lo enigmática que pueden llegar a ser algunas de sus hermanas mayores pero cubre perfectamente el papel que le han otorgado .
NOTA: Combina increiblemente bien con Elixir Pure Poison , que justo llevaba en mi blazer de la noche anterior y juntas hicieron el Nirvana .

Beusch
Beusch

It is like hypnotic poison edt and P.Rabbane Olympea together. :) The first "Poison" that I like. Longlasting. :)

sere

I' ve tried it twice, the first time it seemed too floral for my taste, but the next day I' ve started to smell something sweet coming from my coat, at first I did't remember what it was... It was something addictive and a bit odd, like the smell of a plastic doll in the '80..And then I' ve undertsood!The next week I came back to try it again, and I loved it! For me it's way better than La Vie est Belle, Black Opium, D&G Pour Femme and many other sweet gourmand out there, but it's just a question of taste. I find it similar to Black Opium, but I can' t see the resemblance with Lolita or Wonderstruck which are completely different compositions, maybe some fragranticans are voting again without testing..

nitschevo

So, as promised I gave this a fair shot. And got almond bubblegum - no kidding! This is surely the most different fragrance in the Dior portfolio and not necessarily in a good way. Also the bottle looks a bit weird in person, like it has black fangs at the bottom. Oh well, all of our tastes are different. Not for me :)

PS: If you want a more blended and fresher citrusy vanilla try Amor Amor by Cacharel.

Edit: The creative director for this also kind of missed the mark - it's called "girl" and one might argue that it is girly. But the campaign is more of "girl vamp". Ahhh, I'm really disappointed Dior. Hrmpf.

larita91
larita91

All I wanted was a nice blend of oranges and roses with just a hint of vanilla, but this is not what I expected. No flowers at all, only sweet gourmand notes.

On my skin it starts with a huge blast of a sweet mixture which contains almond, vanilla and some sweet fruits. Just for a few minutes, and it's gone. For the drydown, tonka bean, and much more almondy vanilla stays on my skin, and it's stay forever. Lasting power is really good, sillage is moderate.

I never wanted a sweet perfume like this, but I'm glad I purchased, because this one is the best from all sweet fragrances like LVEB-BlackOpium-ArmniSi-etc.

meama
meama

where to start with this perfume or rather this thing? I don't even want to talk about the composition of this perfume because it's just a soup. Another victim of the success of LVEB, we take the idea of a super sweet sticky mass and we try to differentiate it from other erzats that are already La Nuit Tresor, Black Opium, Sweet L.L. ... The perfume houses turned into washing powder sellers, it is the same product but under different brands. All the most whorish-smells of the moment appear to be associated by a sorcerer's apprentice trusting to chance. The mixture is informed, the nose is fixed on nothing, while the stomach revolts. Poison Girl smells the candy soup flavored with Glucose and saccharin synthesis. Christian Dior New Look placed the woman on a pedestal, Poison Girl plunges her in the heart of a chemical accident at the factory. This is all the more distressing that, as Back Opium, this flanker has obviously not a trace of his origin. How the smell of a candy bag could it be a flanker of one of the most grandiose tuberose in perfume history?
The price meanwhile does not change, you pay a shit signed by Dior of course.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I'm not against sweet almondy perfumes, own many a gourmand that's simple, pleasant and not very advanced in composition.
In fact, one of my very favorites is Katy Perry Meow.

I have to agree with one of the former reviews here that it's baffling how Dior has discontinued so many fabulous offerings, Miss Dior Cherie and Midnight Poison for example and reformulated to bits the classics like Addict etc and is just trying to appeal to the middle income spoilt young kids.
Because who else would want such a mediocre juice for this price tag?
There are many, many other fun, fruity, almondy and sweet perfumes for a fraction of the price. Here, you're only buying a brand. The fragrance itself is meh at best, very little staying power, watery and yes, it's sweet and cute but I'd go Katy Perry Meow or a drug store offer over this if I was to spend my pocket money as a teenager or young girl.

lulu169

honestly, I dont get the comparing with LVEB - this has got no patchouli in it! thats a completely different scent, just cloyingly sweet without the edge of LVEB

dormir6

The problem is NOT the fact that Dior produced another sweet, average fragrance that is popular enough too gain the young girls' attention. There would be enough place amongst the great masterpieces and sometimes people just want smell nice and simple.
The problem is that this fragrance is flat, lame and boring. A total unsuccesfull attempt. I would appreciate a simlpe good Creme Bruleé or another Britney Speers.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

Come on guys , i cant contradictions and stay calm , to be frank i didnt test this perfume yet , but since it is similar to the successful popular Black Opium and La Vie est Belle , i cant say it is ugly ,Is there any attack against Dior ?? Specially after the new male perfume Sauvage !
Correct me if mistaken .

framorena
framorena

This kind of perfumes makes me wonder why did House like Dior's decide to throw in the waste years of radiance, dedication and talent.
Money doesn't explain enough.

energia
energia

A very likeable and modern scent. For "ordinary" people who want perfumes to smell just "nice", it's perfect. I'm guessing it will be a best seller, because I hear what people comment when I'm in perfume shops. It's usually: "I like this", "it's sweet", or "it smells good". For people who are more into perfumes, it will not make a huge impact, since it's something we've already seen and getting kind of bored.

MissAnnette
MissAnnette

Nice enough Vanilla scent if only it's not a Poison flanker.

ScarlRed
ScarlRed

Beautiful fragrance, beautiful vanilla with tonka bean, sillage is perfect, staying power about 5 hours. I do not understand all the negatives, I cannot believe that Poison Girl can remind somebody an air freshener...

Fleike
Fleike

An air-freshener for the bathroom. With a base of boring vanillin. This is not a real Dior :(

bronstein
bronstein

If it wasn't for the big name, I wouldn't recognise this one as something special. It's just a contemporary MOR fragrance that might as well be sold under the labels Etienne Aigner, Jil Sander or any other mediocre perfume brand. Besides, I prefer anything from the Body Shop range for quality scents that suit teenage girls. Saves a lot of money, too.

plum
plum

I tested it twice within two days and it two different Europena capitals. The first test, at the airport was on my wrist and on paper. It faded from my skin quite quikly - after a few hours when I wanted to sniff in again it was gone. From the paper strip I was able to smell toffee, burned caramel and a tiny hint of coffee. I found these notes familiar to one of Rihanna's perfume - something sweet and addressed to young women.
I tested it again in another shop and another country and here it lasted longer and I can still smell it from my jacket sleeve. And this time it's just vanilla like in Hypnotic Poison. I am not quite fond of it and will not buy it.
For me it smells just like any celebrity fragrance, made in rush to made more money. Not quite good quality but signed by a "star" so young girls will run to buy it.

alit
alit

Tested this today and all I got was a blast of sweet sweet sweet cloying vanilla, almond and rose. Syrup with an orange twist and something else (tonka bean, is that you??). I don't know.. it just seems very one dimensional to me. And certainly doesn't smell expensive..more like one of these celebrity mid-price range perfumes. If you like sweet, girly even infantile scents, you will like this I guess. I don't understand how ''balsamic'' is the first word to describe its category.

daithi
daithi

Although I dislike the whole concept and the cheapening of Dior, I have to say that Poison Girl is not that bad.

Does it deserve the Poison name? No, it doesn't. But thank God it's far from the cloying sweetness of La vie et belle, Si or Black Opium.

In fact, Poison Girl is more in the vein of Guerlain's La petite robe noire. The first impression is strawberry bubblegum and almonds And then, you can smell a touch of bitter orange. Very very nice. And, at the end, the almonds and bubblegum notes -the most interesting part of the fragrance- are diluted in a fruitchuly mess.

Not bad, but not great.

umayka
umayka

Smells like L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil that's why I like it. It is more of an almond perfume than a vanilla perfume. I admit the advertisement is very tacky but the perfume itself is not that horrible I think. I don't see the resemblence to Black Opium at all, Poison Girl is much less strong (sillage and longetivity wise). I can see that this perfume will dominate the 18-25 years old women's perfume world for a while, at least in Turkey.
Edit: Upon testing it again for 3 times I must say that it is indeed horrible. Headache inducing, sweet, unbalanced mess.

LloydLlewellyn
LloydLlewellyn

Exactly as I imagined it would be from the publicity, concept and bottle design: tacky, boring, a product made in a few hours and aimed at making a quick buck.
Pass.

duftduft
duftduft

What I hoped for: HP Eau Sensuelle + Dior Addict. What I get: Black Opium + Bonbon.
It mainly smells of Vanilla, Bitter Orange, Almond a
bit of Caramel in more of an Floral Fruity Gourmand way. Not Oriental, no Dior, no Poison.
It feels like meeting a super good looking man that bores me to death.

nezzabel
nezzabel

I smelled Poison Girl today.
It's not that bad, but at that price point you have better and cheaper choices (like Trésor La Nuit or even La Vie Est Belle). It's in the same sugary vein. For me, it smells like strawberry praline. My boyfriend said it smells like cake.
So, if you like La Vie Est Belle, you'll probably like this one.
For me, it's underwelming. And it doesn't deserve the name "Poison".
I understand, Dior wants to make more money so they create a fragrance that follows the trend. But a "Poison" doesn't follow trends, it creates trends.
Yes, Dior is no longer a trend setter. Shame.

lsetshogoe
lsetshogoe

Not the greatest Dior scent to come out in recent years. This coming from a J'adore and Hypnotic Poison user. The intended market is spot - for girls, 18-23, but I don't see any one older using this.

I've never used Black Opium before, and perhaps should try to give a fair comment on the copy cat comments.

Some people need to put things into perspective, , to leave comments that make ABSOLUTELY no sense!!! Definitely need to find a hobby, rather than raging on
Fragrantica.
Total nonsense!!

Kon-nos91

Don't blame Dior people. Take a look in the advertisement. No one can say that Poison line wasn't unique. This time is GIRL, not woman! Girls love sweet perfumes, they just labeled the perfume under the name of Dior and then good luck. Always have a look in the advertisement of the perfume you like. They are not incidentally made. What do you think? That a man will smell your rose/floral/whatever perfume and say OMG I want her? It's a night time perfume, clubbing you know? It means that your skin will come in contact with smoke, alcohol etc. So a strong sweet/almondise perfume combined with smokey clothes will be seductive for a man compared to a classy, more complex perfume that will become awful. If you want to go to a tea party, friends coffee or a date, choose a more romantic perfume. So simple. Now something really important.

VERY IMPORTANT: I am so pissed off with people that must belong to the company, either Dior or Chanel or blabla and when we say a good word suddenly tones of 'ballons' follow our comments. On the other hand, when we say something negative, people agree and we have some ballons, suddenly we don't, because of them! It does make sense. Imagine me that I don't want to smell like others, will I give a real review to express my feelings or a fake one to make people avoid it and make it my signature? Don't wory, even if accidentally you are using the same perfume with another friend or whatever, you won't smell the same. Only the base stays the same on skin. Seriously that makes me wanna leave fragrantica or use it only to see the notes. Here we will say what we believe combined with truth and our taste. I am not a girl, but I will be the POISON if you continue like this! ^_^

The actual review for the perfume, skin/paper tested: When I first sprayed the paper with Poison Girl the sweetness came immediately. A nice sweetness and not that girly. When sprayed on my skin, the experience was so and so. Not that impressed. It fades away quickly although my skin accepts easily gourmandise perfumes. It stays close to the skin. I agree with those of you saying that this perfume was like fast and not well cared made, but it must be ideal for Paris clubbing. That's it. Sliglty orangy in the beginning, soft sweetness, dark character although supposed to strike younger crowds, unnoticeable almond, a "bubble gum" feeling and an make-up powdery ending...I was expecting a lot more.

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

I went to test it this weekend and was so disappointed that I thought the tester may be off. But then again, this is a new perfume. It's not like the tester has been sitting there open for months under harsh lights and warm temperature. I just don't know. I was very excited about this. But I smell something nutty, a bit of vanilla...and that's kinda it? It does have lasting power but still when you spray it, it seems kinda faint. It's not a huge burst of scent is what I mean. It did become more noticeable when I got out in the fresh air. But still - unremarkable. You can't sell me this at such a huge price. It's not worth the money it seems. But since I was so hell bent on this one, I will try it out again. It has happened I felt one way about a scent the first time, and then differently another.

EDIT - Well, here I am 4 days after smelling it for the first time. I really wanted to give this a fair shot. I sprayed it very liberally today. I'm smelling it on my hand right now. It's kind of a nondescript sweet perfume that's not too strong :/ Nothing to set it apart from the crowd. This is on the level of a good drugstore cheapie. I'd buy it...if it were a fifth of its price. Totally bummed out that this turned out to be a failure. The fact that it's in the Poison line feels inappropriate. Too bad. Bye bye Poison Girl, I wanted to love you.

mjgl
mjgl

I'm really disappointed about this perfume. To me it smells like burnt nail polish plus vanilla. Very vulgar.

[email protected]
sensuous@midnight

oh mon dieu this is sooooo, soooo sooooOOOOOO!!!!!! so......AWFUL!!!!

it smells of car air freshener, smells of sugar but in the worst way possible, smells of yucky vanilla, it smells cheap, tacky, vulgar. this perfume is not well blended, neither is it refined or elegant. it is just gross.

I remember when I was a kid and my dad changed the magic tree that refreshed our car. when he opened the blister, the smell was so strong it made me suffocate. well, Poison Girl does just the same to me. I hate it.

my god Dior what happened to you???

dormir6

I am sad. I am fond of gourmand trend and Dior. I would fall in love with any new sweetheart that is just a little more different. But it is sooo faint and lame. The longivity and sillage are good, but it is still so aneamic. Soft, sweet powder. Not powdery but dust, sand, cocoa powder. No spicies, not a single twinst, no almond, no marczipan. Just sweet dust....suffocating, milder than Pink Sugar Sensuelle, but a very close hit. Even PSS knows more, and wasn't a great success. After a few hours it became very mouthwatering sugary cacao powder, but still way too simple. The one-component linear,cheapies are better.....
The drydown is dust, almost the same textures like Reveal's sand....it is just a sweeter, cocoa dust.
The saddest thing is that I like simple ones and always concentrate to the fragrance itself. And this fails to appeal as a girly fume for girls. Despite I indeed like the ad and bottle too.

Uh, this is not good. Very sweet almond scent. Tons of sugar. A bit of vanilla and bitter orange. I can smell no rose at all. However, stillage and longevity is perfect, unfortunately for me, LOL.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

This Poison has nothing in common with the previous ones! It's a sugar bomb for sure and it's really reminiscent of Black Opium. I gave it a like, because it's really a pleasant scent, but this girl is not poison at all. She's got her head in the clouds and it's always looking for a flirt. The drydown is creamy like almonds with hints of coconut. It reminds me of warm day by the beach.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Found it at Heathrow airport and cautiously sprayed onto tester strip. Purposely did not look up the notes so as to have as unbiased a reaction as possible, all things considered. Pleasant, light and musky, with an almond, cherry-cough syrup undertone. No vavavoom, this. Nothing to do with any of the Poisons so far, but a familiar type of smell to be sure. Tucked tester strip into bag. Following day, was annoyed to find handbag permeated with thick almond musk odor and actually wondered whether I'd forgotten a leaky tester vial of Guess or Jeanne Arthes Boum or some such in a pocket. Then ... the memory returned. Oh no. Oh no no. Not for me.

Sarisa85
Sarisa85

This perfume is so beautiful! I just Love IT from first time i tried it. I cant really compare the scent to other perfumes cause this is better in so many ways. I have a lot of perfumes and now I finally have found MY scent. Wohoo
It is sweet, yes it is, I Will say sweet and sexy. It was addiction at first sniff . Perfecton . Gourmand . Poison girl last luckily many many hours on your skin.
Im lucky, My husband came home with a 50 ml bottle to me.
This is a perfume I will wear all year around, morning to night.

Heleniko
Heleniko

This is just like Black Opium. So feminine and beautiful.

jellybeantree

This smells great ! Its fresh and sweet and great if you are looking for a sweeter fragrance to change up your perfume wardrobe . If you own Flowerbomb or Black Opium or LVEB or SI by Armani . You don't really need this , but if you love fragrances and having all the other perfumes isn't a good enough excuse to not have this one as well. Than go for it ! We are all just addicts !

I do feel a little bit of Hypnotic in there but this one is fresher and less dense . Good lasting power!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I wasn't expecting much but this is a huge disappointment.

My only hope was the nose behind it. F.Demachy has a touch that makes airy and chic juices. Even Hypnotic poison was better after he gave it a makeover, namely Hypnotic Eau Sensuelle. I was expecting something like that. But no.

Poison girl is the smell of a young girl dressed in a tacky revealing style, wearing an intense vanilla perfume and having an orange juice based drink, probably a tequila sunrise cocktail spilled on her dress.

Milenadim
Milenadim

Quite sweet but bitter orange makes the difference and the perfume is not syrupy at all!It is a nice, warm, sophisticated perfume!A sweet poison for girls!!Enjoy it!!

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

I can only agree with the negative reviews. It's sad but no really new perfumes come out, the last one for me was Calvin Klein Reveal, all others just smell the same. I understand in the meanwhile why Luca Turin stopped making reviews.

So back to Hypnotic Poison Girl: Very similar to La Vie est Belle, Black Opium and Loverdose. Sweet and sirupy. It's ok for a girl but honestly I think it's not worth the money. I would buy the One Direction perfume then instead.

Really I've always thought of Dior perfumes that they were great, sexy and powerful but that ended for me with the Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.

giokaal
giokaal

Remember the fresh girly tendre poison??? Remember the warm darkness of the midnight poison??? Well.... Forget them all!!!! Thank you Dior for discontinuing those masterpieces and for launching this cheap shampoo smelling fragrance!!! I m sorry for such a bad review!!!!
I had high expectation and I was very happy to find the new poison bottle!!!! The name was a spoiler though!!!!! I opened the bottle and thank god I sprayed on a testing paper!!!! So sad!!! I was angry!!!! Why? Why why? Why waste such a good reputation such a great fragrance line... The perfume is not that bad (we all have times that we wanna smell fruity clean young and sweet!!!) But this has nothing to do with poison!!!!! You could easily find such a perfume under the name of Victoria's Secret or maybe a celebrity.....
It's clearly a marketing release!!!! Dior wanted to make something to hit the core of the candy-ultra-sweet craze!!!! So I imagine a lot of people will buy it and eventually wear it everywhere but I m sure that every time I smell this again I would feel the same sadness!!! An and of an era!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Aroussa
Aroussa

With all due respect to all those out there who love sweet girly sirupy scents: I do too. I adore Juicy Couture and Nina Ricci's red apple creations.

But this is not just a copycat, which proves Dior is running out of innovative ideas for the young crowd, - let's leave that aside for now - but the fact that it's simply awful. Period.

The one truly great aspect is of Girl is the longevity - I sprayed it on my wrist last night, then scrubbed it off vigorously with soap, water and a brush, then took a shower the next day - it's nearning noon now and the scent is still there on my wrist. It seems it's decided to stay with me forever. Damn! :))

MidnightGlamour
MidnightGlamour

This isn't a review, but a public service announcement for those in the U.S. who are awaiting the release of this perfume:

I've received confirmation that Poison Girl will not be available in the U.S. So unfortunately, we won't even be able to sample it here. ☹

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

I bought this scent today, never really been a fan of the other poison perfumes... This is nothing new, it's sweet, nice and lovely, I enjoy this one... It reminds me a bit of diesel loverdose, I smell liquorice at the beginning... Maybe I'm the only one. Expensive as f**** but I don't care, it's perfect for me and a nice change from months of cold weather and lots of days wearing heavier fragrances like Tom ford black orchid or velvet orchid...

x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x
x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x

This is too die for. Yes it's sugary sweet, but why not? Not ever Poison in the line has to be deep and smoky. This to me has a more little sort of Hypnotic Poison vibe to it, sweet but with a bit of a bitter bite underneath.

LOVE IT!

My only problem is I wish the bottle itself had a pink tone to it, rather than just the juice inside.

snel hest
snel hest

My local Kicks store just got this in stock and what can I say...

It's your average syrupy sweet chemical mess. Nothing new to see here people.

Anna in Sweden
Anna in Sweden

Sugar, sugar…. this smells just like any sugarscent. Britney Spears, escadas summerscents, pink sugar…same same. I am so dissappoited, I was hoping for something more like Hypnotic Poison eau sensuelle, but this smells nothing like it.
Why didn't they make a perfume with more personality, this to me could be any sweet teenager scent. Nothing special, just annoying.

Gingercat77

Not a review but info for UK readers- i was also told it wont be available in the shops until March. How am i going to wait that long??!!!

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

Tried this today. It's okay. It's not a fabulous perfume, but it is not a bad perfume either.

To my nose it smells similar to several of the gourmand flankers in the Fantasy line from Britney Spears.

It's an intensely hazy and sweet vanilla with a fruity touch. Nothing new. A bit redundant really.

The drydown is a bit more interesting. To my nose it has a creamy leathery kind of feel, which gives it an interesting edge. But it feels like it is too little, too late.

Sillage is quite strong. Longevity is about 8-10 hours on my skin.

I must add that I received several compliments when trying the scent. So it is obvious that this kind of smell is popular, and that it will sell. I guess Dior knows exactly what they are doing. ;)

sistercurare
sistercurare

Chocolatey praline almondy well there are so many black opiums dupe out there...why I wonder why Dior is selling it? It is designed for teens and tweens who prefer gourmand perfumes. Is it nice, sure. Yummy nice. Would you spend 100 e on it...I seriously doubt that

mocou
mocou

All I got was vanilla, gourmandy vanilla, with a hint of sandalwood.

It's not bad, it's just... blah, not really something you'd expect from the Poison line, there is no scent development going on, but it does start out strong and last quite long. This probably won't impress fans of the poisons, because "vanilla" is exactly what a Poison girl/ woman is not looking for (if ya know what I mean ) but I bet it will sell decently with a younger crowd, because the scent is much more accessible- now anyone can have a Poison!

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

@RaggedyAnne & Musky4,

I asked in Debenhams in Manchester last week and was told not until after Valentine's day as they're pushing Blooming Bouquet. He couldn't recall if it was 15th Feb or 5th March so with your info Musky i'm guessing around March time? I'm far too impatient!

ahmedzg
ahmedzg

A softer and toned down version of Hypnotic Poison!
Girly?? Yes, I assume it is if we compare it to the dark heavy Hypnotic version of Poison.

عطر سلس و مخفف من هبنتك بويزن

هل هو بنوتاتي؟ أجل إلى حد كبير... خاصة إذا ما قورن ب هبنتك بويزن الغامق و الكثيف

ellina1984
ellina1984

I was going to Sephora's to ask when Poison girl would be released, and upon reaching the store, I saw that one of the two shop windows sported a huge promotion of it!

So, onto the scent, which, of course, I sprayed immediately!
Hard candy it is! Orange hard candy, a bit of Pez, a general candy smell, like you have put all sorts of it in a plastic bag and dipped your nose in it! Later I get rose and jasmine, and, somehow, I do get sweetened coffee with milk. I definitely get the comparison to Black Opium, only this coffee is tamer.

I can see that already this has compared to other scents, and I'd be lying if I said I don't see the likeness to all sorts of modern perfumes. Poison Girl seems to be keeping up with its time. It's not bad, but then again, I do not find it good either. I wouldn't be able to pick it out as a Dior in a lineup, and it feels less classy than other members of the "sweet family", say Black Opium, Coco Mademoiselle or Flowerbomb. For a member of the Poison family, I do not find it distinctive enough.

There you have it, my review. No drama, no getting worked up over a perfume and hurling abuse. We may love it, but it IS just perfume.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Tried it on today, on me it's a copy of Olympea with a slightly deeper background featuring a distant echo of Hypnotic's vanilla.
Not bad, but it's totally linear and a copy-cat and the bottle is as ugly when seen with your own eyes.
Dior is going down along with YSL :(

genevieves
genevieves

Why does it feel like most dislikes are just hits at Dior and the "girl" part and have nothing to do with the actual scent...

Musky4

@RaggedyAnne - I enquired at my local John Lewis last week and the sales assistant said she wasn't expecting it in stock until March or April!

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

Looked everywhere in UK that I could think of....
Boots, Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Fraser...etc etc.....NOWHERE has it in stock yet for me to go and sample....Maybe London or big cities have it, but not in my town....really want to sample this to see if it's going to be keeping my other Poisons company on the shelf.

SillySue
SillySue

This one is ok. It is a somewhat more watered down version of Hypnotic Poison, if you will. A mix of almonds and vanilla that to my nose is very reminiscent of Madorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma. It's not for me, but if you are a fan of MDS definitly give this one a go :)

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I smelled it today and I believe it is another really nice scent on the market. Nothing that would remind me of "Poison" line or the notion of POISON at all... Doesn't fit the add with the smoking girl either... Perfectly safe, girly and sweet, quite like Black Opium in its character - not a 100% copy but definitely a reminder. But interestingly - after some 15 minutes a beautiful white oleander note emerged and stayed with me for at least an hour - what an adorable, rare note!!!:))) I wish in was more intense...
So, if you disregard the name POISON Girl and Dior's grande tradition and simply treat it as a totally new scent - you may be pleased:)

petroleuse
petroleuse

Just did a test of this without knowing any of the ingredients and without having any expectations...and I really can't tell this from hypnotic poison.. It does have a slightly sharp (rose/citrussy) opening, but the drydown is 90% vanilla/almond. It would have been nice if the rose had been more dominant. All in all it is a very nice scent but nothing revolutionary.

samke
samke

sweet and nice. really Dior new surprise !!!!!!! and Its not only for Girls of young age !!!

Sherihan
Sherihan

Nice,smells like colorful deodorizing platters hanging from rear windows in som taxis.

Amandaa

I don't understand the comparison with YSl Black Opium, to me they smell NOTHING alike...

Miss-Fragrance62
Miss-Fragrance62

Je l'ai essayé et franchement j'adore.Pour ceux à qui le nom Poison Girl à qui ne plait pas ,il faut penser aussi aux jeunes filles qui veulent mettrent des parfums de marque et il en faut pour tout le monde. Après dire que ce parfum n'est que pour les jeunes filles je ne suis pas d'accord car j'ai 35 ans et je vais m'en acheter un flacon!

neniox6
neniox6

I tried today beginning is nice explosion but later it become a chewing gums smell, too sweet and strong for my taste.

sere

People are becoming boring in this page...Seriously, if a pink bottle hurts you so much please pass by and don' t leave unuseful comments! Personally I'm very interested in this new interpretation because the Almond-vanilla accord is one of my favourites , and I really like gourmand compositions such as Reminiscence Les notes gourmandes ( I' ve got the Whole line, and I thank Mellyhally for the suggestion :P )I also have got oriental vanillas like the original Hipnotic Poison and Almond from L'Erbolario which is a pure and linear Almond-vanilla, so, I would like to know something more about the perfume itself please!!!!How to concern the concept and the name I think there are many other creations out there that could be considered "girly" and they' re not, the marschmallow in D&G Pour Femme and La Vie est Belle line with all these praline in a pink bottle are appreciated by women of all ages so please, don' t judge a book from the cover! PS I want to try it!!!

vivik
vivik

Smelled a sample, it´s like Hypnotic Poison edt + a dash of licorice...

heathcliff77
heathcliff77

A very powerful scent. Very almondy. Nice and efficient.
For me, a twist on Hypnotic Poison with a drop of Lolita Lempicka and a Viktor & Rolf's Bonbon on top.

gamme82
gamme82

Its really nice deep dark sour and gourmand.
Its not only for Girls of young age IMO.
It clearly has a resemblence with hypnotic poison in the drydown. The name could have been poison Dark, because its rich and full of flavour like a deep choclate coated brownie. I like it.

Feli15
Feli15

This is for gourmand lovers. Although the opening is a little aggressive it soon mellows into something reminiscent of a delicious marzipan and vanilla cake frosting with a spoon of bitter orange jam.
It's very wearable and cosy. I like it!

nitschevo

Not a review, just a thought: I am also among the ones who are a bit taken aback by this new launch (the concept and direction of the scent). It's somewhat silly, not very original and tiring. IMHO. Same goes for YSL - hint hint. However, I just scrolled through the list of perfumes in the database and Dior has been taking sidesteps here and there. For example around 2004/2006 with "Dior me, Dior me not" or "I love Dior" etc. Clearly scents targeted at a younger audience. At least with the packaging and name! Same goes for the original Miss Dior Cherie - Popcorn note? Fabulous! So - I will test it simply because I want to stay open minded. But I still really think they should have given it its own identity and not include it in the Poison range. Maybe someone will remember that sweet does not equal younger audience. We will go down as the vanilla & cupcake century, but hey... ;)

I<3Perfume
I<3Perfume

I have it ! It smells nice and I really love it :D and yes it is sweet and young. Review soon.

Amandaa

Very nice gourmand fragrance, it starts flat, a very common bitter sweet perfume but after 15 minutes the vanilla emerges and wow, it actually turns into a very nice perfume. Poison girl reminds me alot of Hypnotic Poison, the same vanilla and almond are there but with a bitter juicy touch, i do notice the tonka bean note too. It is so yummy and grown women can wear it too. ;-)

Bruno57
Bruno57

Just tried this one today
It smells good... But more like a new flanker of Miss Dior and not of Poison !

mshilov
mshilov

I wonder how long will Poison Girl wait for her Sauvage Boy, and maybe when they get married, they have their Miss Dior Baby? Silly naming is so 'en vogue' nowadays.

A lot of noise for something so meak.
I don't have a real opinion about the name and I don't care. Why not?
I smelled ittwice at a Dior's counter, both on a string of fabric and on my skin.
I'm not impressed. It smells ok, artificial, like a natural child of Hypnotic Poison.
The opening is sweet and fresh with a distinct note of orange-y marzipan and an absolutely gentle rose that could be just a fantasy rose.
Not much else going on. On my skin it evolves to a nutty smell that reminds me of a facet of old Laura Biagiotti's Tempore. Half almond, half nut, but very tamed, nothing screaming. The rose shyly pops out every now and then.
There could be some very faint woody note.
Not very projecting, but longlasting.
I cannot see the age relation.
It falls a little flat anyway and it's not nuanced, but it's very wearable. Not aggressive at all.
I have an impression that it was Dior's attempt to bite into the share of market made of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir's flanker, Elie Saab Eau Couture and maybe Guerlain Un Souffle de Shalimar.
Almond/nut must be the new trend.
The bottle is the well-know round one in a nice pinky shade, but the cap is really bad black plastic. The box is pinkish silver with the same HP's logo.
The campaign makes no sense related to the scent. This one could be packed in a Reminiscence Les Gourmandises opaline bottle with ribbon.

The day after: it lasts! There is a bare nutty hint of PG on my wrist and of course, it lasted on fabric.

gatsby
gatsby

Let s give a chance to the young girls to feel, at least as a placebo effect, they are allowed to wear a "Poison". First time, in the article, I didn t like the idea but well... why not, after all? No one should be wounded! There is a place for every taste, every smile and every scent under the Sun. We have too many haters around, let s not transform us into a new one for such a girlish reason.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

First impression: smells like sweet milk. It reminds me a lot of Malizia Bon Bon. No it does not remind me, it really is like a little bit more polished version of it.

ezsuzsannaí
ezsuzsannaí

Oh wow, my first impression was that it reminds me of Black Opium, but it is better, sweeter. Now I see, that I'm not the only one around here. It is a fruity-chocolaty poison, really gourmand, almost edible. I must say I like it, but only for cold winter days.

xheartsickx
xheartsickx

All of my co-workers like it and i'm just.. confused. The name is right. It is a girly fragrance, but it's (poisonously hehe) fruity - sweet and that's a no go for me.
Although i wouldn't wear it myself, i think it does smell great and fans of YSL's Black Opium will like it a lot!

chiara.candaele
chiara.candaele

I've recieved a few samples and wore this perfume for about five times now. The opening is extremely similar to YSL's black opium. However, after a good 15 minutes it settles down and I do find the scent to be quite pleasant. The bitter orange and vanilla note are the most striking to me, the rose is hard to detect. In comparison to BO, the fragrance seems fruitier to me, however, theres a pleasant smokiness coming through.

What did dissapoint me is that the lasting power is poor. The perfume has a moderate sillage for the first hour. Then it settles down into a vague, fruity vanilla. Into the third or the fourth hour, the perfume became undetectable to my nose.

So shortly, the scent is pleasant. A crowd pleaser? Probably. Original, striking, provocative? No. But pleasant, yes.

Elisabeth M.

No, guys, come on this is not just a dupe of Black Opium/YSL. There is a certain resemblance between Black Opium/YSL and Poison Girl but even more with Cinema/YSL (because of the tender almond notes). Apart of that, Poison Girl is a unique perfume that stands for its own.

dormir6

It is not Poison by Dior...
It is a new fragrance.
Can't mother and daugther wear the same or similar name??? Come on!
I want to know this one than write a proper review. But I think I will love it.

MaraDraffnon
MaraDraffnon

I tried this in Sephora a few days ago... And it's as disappointing as I was expecting. Overly sweet fruitchouli bomb, with a very strong synthetic strawberry facet. I personnally don't care for it, but if you like all the LVEB smell-alike, you might enjoy this.

antonpan
antonpan

The fragrance is available in Russia for 2 weeks. And the only thought after testing – what’s with Dior? First, the name – Poison Girl doesn’t sound really Dior. Second, the ad in the style of Juicy Couture. Third, the commercial, a copy of YSL Black Opium video with young girl walking the night clubs trying to be insolent. Finally, the fragrance… Unfortunately, that’s the 90% clone of Black Opium. The same fruitchouli vanilla base with a specific bitter note which is named “coffee” in Black Opium. Poison Girl is a bit fresher, and that’s all.
Could you imagine in the era of Poison, Fahrenheit, J’Adore, Miss Dior, Dior Homme that Dior will create a full copy-past of YSL? The concept, the visual, the fragrance – all the same…

Elisabeth M.

Poison Girl is on sale in Germany since monday and I had the chance to test it in a local department store. Though this fragrance fits in the range of sugary sweet fragrances that flow the market since 2010, it surprised me as an exquisit and very well made perfume. All notes blend perfectly together and as auroramaria already said the sweetness of Poison Girl is tamed through a delicate rose note that holds herself in the backround and some bitter orange/neroli notes in the opening. Recommended for all Gourmand perfume Lovers!

auroramaria

I wrote a review on Poison Girl a few days back but I had to post it under Poison EDT since Poison Girl had been taken out of database.
Anyway Poison Girl is an Amazing perfume.
It is very sweet,gourmand and Leaves a wondeful trail.
The tonka bean is to die for:vanillic, almondy and sweet and the roses dance around the sweetness preventing it to become cloying.
Lovely sandalwood at the base.There's a very slight bitter note from the orange at the opening which makes the scent even more interesting.
For me it is pure bliss

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Poison Girl fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Poison Girl, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Poison Girl by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Poison Girl by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.