Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Poison Girl Eau De Toilette Christian Dior for women
dislike

caramel
Poison Girl Eau De Toilette Christian Dior for women Videos
Poison Girl Eau De Toilette Christian Dior for women Pictures Poison Girl Eau De Toilette Christian Dior for women Pictures Poison Girl Eau De Toilette Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior launched Poison Girl in January 2016 as the fragrance of a new generation of Poison. Its sweet and heady combination of bitter orange, Damask rose and rose from Grasse, almond, vanilla and tonka bean is announced by the slogan "I'm not a girl, I'm poison." A year later, in January 2017, its new edition comes out as Poison Girl Eau De Toilette.

Poison Girl Eau de Toilette is a refreshed version of the original, dedicated to the same "type of femininity ... freer, more daring and more virtual than ever." The new composition, which is also signed by Francois Demachy, is based on the "shock effect" of three aromatic aspects; there are refreshing frozen orange, warm roses from Grasse and sparkling neroli.

The signature bottle design, which was created for the original fragrance in 1985 by designer Véronique Monod, is also present in this edition. The fragrance will be available as a 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Frosted Orange Bitter Orange Lemon

Grasse Rose Neroli Damask Rose Orange Blossom

Tonka Bean Vanilla Cashmeran Heliotrope Caramel

Poison Girl
Per Lei Eau de Toilette

Poison Girl Eau De Toilette Fragrance Reviews

iamoir
iamoir

The drydown is very close, if not identical to the EDP, so if you have either one, no need to buy the other. The EDT might be somehow lighter and not as dense of a juice comparing to the EDP. If you like the scent that much of course, buy both by all means. You do you.

Almost as long lasting as the EDP and I detect no problems with sillage, it leaves enough of a trail as well.

Now, as for the whole "Poison" identity, I honestly believe that it's far from a poison. Maybe as the ad suggests she is a naughty girl-young woman, rather a "Miss Poison", a cousin of "Miss Dior". Only Miss Dior likes to live in the Palace but Miss Poison tosses her bra and rushes to clubs. Both lovable.

I like its bitter and perfumey opening, the rose, unfortunately is detectable in the first stages and then it's gone. Pity, and there are supposedly two types of roses.... Keeps orangey until the end, but we have an added caramelic feel, good doses of vanilla, the spicy type I think, not the straight up edible, and right before the total drydown, there comes a nutty twist as well. Could it be the vanilla? Could it be the overall blend? Well, I smell nuts.

Fluffy, not too sweet and not too bitter, very playful because of its multifaceted character; seriously, the existing notes are changing all the time, and that's a good thing, you are not easily bored.

Many will dismiss Poison Girl, and opt for a cheaper celebrity vanilla, mainly because: "it's more or less the same fluffy warm vanilla" but to my nose, Poison Girl is a better blend, not just sweet, not just vanilla. It is an iteration of vanilla that vanilla-lovers would want to have. Plus it's closer to a perfume than food.

Personally I'm not rushing to buy it, simply because I'm not crazy for vanilla and definitely not now, that I'm in search of musk combos. And if I need it, I'll opt for the EDP, which is balsamic and subsequently thicker. But the EDT is a lovely scent, gotta admit.

Minnie02
Minnie02

To me, this scent is close to perfect. Although I do like Poison Girl EDP (I own both), I find its opening way too overpowering and bitter, but Eau de Toilette finds the right balance. The dry down is my absolute favourite part, it is sweet, soft, and yummy! Very addictive! It is very similar to EDP but again, more balanced, softer and not so in your face. And it still has decent longevity.

I find this version so much more wearable. You can spray it at your leisure and enjoy it to your heart's content! It is also versatile as I think it can work for day/night, winter/summer.

And please don't get hung up on the name, advertisement, Dior history, etc., just let this delectable scent speak for itself and enjoy.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

I like it. It blooms really well on me this spring.
I so dislike the name and the bottle though :/ Poison Girl, really? And the EAU DE TOILETTE as well?? It looks like a clumsy counterfeit, uh.
But the juice is nice, I wouldn't mind owning it, maybe I will hide the bottle in the darkest corner :D

One can easily detect the DNA of Hypnotic Poison - vanilla and heliotrope - I adore its almondy smell. Then, on top of that you will find the orange sparkles. Tonka and caramel give it warmth.

It's not too heavy and changes on my skin, revealing many facets, unlike it's edp version.

shookone
shookone

This is just like the EDP except fresher and more wearable in the summer. That little difference makes me want a full bottle of this too! It starts off super candy sweet but give it a few minutes and you'll find yourself in heaven.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This fragrance is absolutely a mind trip! It takes you to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter Tea Party. It is so whimsical!
it is a powdery, confectionery trail at first with hints of orange and neroli flower, but the sandalwood-vanilla is still there underneath it all. Images of sweets and warmth fill you with childhood candy dreams. No patchouli and no dirtiness, this is all innocent fluffiness and so smooth. It can still be pulled off as elegant femme... It It is like if Armani Code and Lolita Lempicka had a baby. It is a sweet scent but so enveloping and addicting and you just want more.I don't have many gourmand fragrances and this one I liked so I am happy to have this in my collection.

Also: If anyone loves watching youtube.com perfume reviews, Super Dacob does an amazing review of the original EDP formula on his channel.

ZBear
ZBear

I was waiting impatiently for Poison Girl to be launched in the US. Unfortunately, I've never smelled the EDP so do not know how it compares, but do really like the EDT.

The opening notes are reminiscent of an orange creamsicle, and for a moment, I feared it would be too sweet. However, soon after, the "greenness" of the neroli peeks through, and then the warm vanilla and tonka bean. Where PG excels is being a warm fragrance while still being light enough in sillage to wear in the spring/summer. This is what I thought Armani Code for Women would be like, based on its notes (less the jasmine of course.)

As far as being true to the Poison name, I know a lot of perfumistas are turning up their noses and saying that Dior is selling out. However, I don't think so. I have many fond memories of my mom wearing original Poison and then later on Tender Poison, and I think Demachy successfully made an updated fragrance that still carries the classy sensuality of Poison.

celebrity89
celebrity89

The drydown is sweet and warm like the 70's version of Revlon Intimate, with just a hint of Britney Spears Intimate Fantasy.

Wilmlady
Wilmlady

Love this scent! I definitely get a "My Insolence" vibe from this, although much sweeter and creamier on the opening. Have them on each hand and am not versed enough to tell what notes make it different, but it has the same feel for me for some reason. I do like it better however, less masculine, softer, maybe? Both are beautiful scents!

lmwimsatt

this is my special one. I have a lot of perfumes but this one is like my husband. I want no one else wearing it. I don't understand people's association withave black opium or even hypnotic poison but they are all delicious. this one is that special love though. I love you forever poison girl. you're not a girl. you're poison

violet_9
violet_9

If you already own YSL Black Opium, you probably don't need this... but I do, lol.

I waited so long to be able to get this in the US (and heard such good reviews!) but it wasn't what I expected. It smells like an orangy version of Black Opium, and it's not as unique as other Dior scents (though I'm not a fan of the Poison ones).

However, men might seem to enjoy it, lol. I made my bf smell this vs. the Black Opium and he loved Poison Girl (even said they were NOT the same, and he barely notices scents). I'm keeping it for this sole reason, haha. Also, he said it reminds him of a similar smell, and I feel the same way but we can't figure out what exactly -- this makes me think that it's similar to other common scents we might have sniffed in our lifetimes.

Definitely try it out before buying!

Musky4
Musky4

The opening is a very strong and synthetic-smelling, zesty orange, which then mellows down to Poison Girl EDP and Black Opium. I don't like it or dislike it, but wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

liezel1982
liezel1982

This is a beautiful masterpiece. Hypnotic Poison was my signature for few years but looking for something softer and this is it. Once again,Dior never dissappoints.

MyersAlice
MyersAlice

I find it lovely. At first I only felt orange and thought that I would be disappointed, but it "melted" down to this lovely sweet vanilla-orange-floral scent.
I have not smelled the other Poison Girl so I can't compare.
But I just simply find this sweet and calming.

empressanne
empressanne

I like the EDP better, this one smells like medicine. It's not bad but definitely not my cup of tea.I can compare it to alien (which I have), except that alien will hug you and make you feel cozy.It's elegant though.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

Smelled this in a magazine strip after being somewhat curious (Poison and its many successors are not in my perfume wheelhouse) and I got a strong vanilla-orange scented baby powder (from the tonka bean and heliotrope I presume) that was rather interesting, but not really my style. If I do happen across a bottle of this I will spray it to test of course because I know those magazine strips can be a little misleading, but this one just doesn't seem like it would suit me. I can see this being a signature scent for someone, though and would like to smell it on another person to see how it compares because what I usually dislike on me ends up smelling great on another person LOL!

Better than EDP, but still I can't call it nice. At first it's very medicinal lemon and bitter neroli. Then it is sweeter and slightly better, but it does not change from a maid to a princess.

Soutty123
Soutty123

The top notes are delightful but I'm glad I let this settle on my skin before splurging on a bottle. Once this dries down it smells exactly the same as the EDP which I already have. The only difference is that it's not as strong. If you haven't already got the EDP then I'd really recommend this one for summer for the fresh orange candy top notes and the slightly lighter dry down.

lmwimsatt

spicy orange heaven. my absolute favorite

invaderlark
invaderlark

We just got this in at Macy's, at least here in Oregon, and my god is this one good! It's going to compete against Juicy Couture, Black Opium, etc other overly sweet synthetic poor quality messes but this is different as it's Dior quality. Dior and Chanel have a certain quality not found in other mainstream designer fragrances; they're popular for a reason and that's because almost anyone can find something they at least like in both houses. With Poison Girl Eau De Toilette, I say this will be a big hit!

Sadly we don't have the Eau De Parfum, the original, to compared it too but different market different location it all varies. It smells right from the get go like Bullfrog Sunscreen; I don't know why my mind instantly goes there but I adore it nonetheless. It is indeed sweet and the vanilla rose orange combo comes through rather strongly. It eventually settles with the orange lingering in the background with the rose gently caressing the bold vanilla. The vanilla in the middle notes turn very boozy, similar to a quality like Spirituese Double Vanille. It could be two things 1. LVMH has borrowed the vanilla from Guerlain since they're owned by the same company or 2. this Dior's signature vanilla enhanced and refined.

Overall, it doesn't matter! It's absolute heaven and I can't stop raving about it. It's amidst all these horrid cheap sweet synthetic bombs that hang around the fragrance counter waiting for a little girl or a woman with no taste to pick up; it stands as a diamond in the rough. The sillage is quite good for a couple hours, I'd say 4, and the longevity is great on my skin. I sprayed it on at 5:30 in the afternoon and it's been 7 hours since then and it's still going. Very impressed.

This is a fragrance made to be indulged with a light hand. I could see someone ruining the fragrance by applying too much and it coming off as screechy and overly sweet; it must be worn with care and with restraint. You do not want to overdo this one due to it's strength, and it's disrespectful to the fragrance to spray that much on because it cheapens the experience. I recommend spraying it on the skin and seeing how it wears and develops on you. The cards quite frankly don't do it justice.

Is it the best thing since sliced bread? No, but it's one of the best designer releases over the past couple years. It's feminine but after the top notes go away it's boozy vanilla and I think that's quite unisex in my opinion, especially compared to what men are wearing these days.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

The opening of this version is stunning. It's sparkling candied orange, just like it's advertized. It's actually the most wonderful orange opening I have ever came across. It really shines with the sweet rose and orange flower. It was such a pleasure smelling it. I was hoping for a just as good dry down, but unfortunately to me, it has the same dry, sweet, powdery vanilla finish as the EDP and that's too sickly sweet for me. It's definitely an improved version of the EDP, especially that the longevity is nothing to complain about if we compare them. They last about the same time on me. I need to test that dry down a couple more times to see if it's worth me a full bottle. I honestly wish the top notes lasted forever.

antonia.zacharopoulou
antonia.zacharopoulou

Whoaaa!!!This is really an unique perfume!The opening of it smells like a fresh & juicy orange sorbet or kind of orange mint candies,and then when it finally stays in your skin it does reveal a really soft gourmand essence.I can easily smell sweet heavy vanilla,fresh floral damask rose and bittersweet mandarin-orange notes.I think EDT is an improved version of the EDP and that it's a looong lasting perfume (value for money).
So sweet & yummy like a caramelised candy!!!

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

The Poison Girl Eau de Parfum was just awful. An overdose of sugar. However, the Eau the Toilette is not such bad.

But Poison Girl it is not a girl and it is not poison. It is a middle-aged woman (although youthful and flirtatious in spirit) with a slight indigestion of candies.

The opening of Poison Girl EDT is very alcoholic and synthetic. Then it appears a boozy rose, with hints of fluo orange sherbet. The background is gourmand, with touches of almond. It recalls me some sort of rose flavored French nougat taken with a sip of Cointreau. Although it has touches of what seems raspberry scented nail polish remover. Sillage and lasting power are very good.

It is just another fruitchouli scent of the lot, although this one is playful and coquettish, not annoyingly sweet like the sugar intoxication that was its senior.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Now we can say Poison Girl has it's personality. EDP version, after a while, smells just like Hypnotic Poison and Poison Girl EDT smells of candied orange and vanilla, very close to the skin after 2 hours.

ezsuzsannaí
ezsuzsannaí

This isn't as sweet as the EDP and has an additional yummy citrusy/fruity sour note to it that makes the whole scent much lighter. Yes, this would do perfectly for spring or even colder summer days. I prefer this version of Poison Girl, definitely my taste, yay! :)

snoopyQ
snoopyQ

If you already own the original POISON GIRL, I would not waste my time with this.

The same scent. Weaker.

lizzyshreds

As I am writing this, this is my second day wearing this perfume. I will say that the opening of this perfume is different than the EDP, it's more orange creamsicle, like the orange, and vanilla mixing in together for it to smell like that, it stays like this for around a half hour, then starts to smell like a part of the EDP, because there is no almond is the EDT, which I'm happy about, I like the EDT, better, because it doesn't have almond. So after awhile the vanilla, and tonka bean start to show up more, and begin to take over, it stays like this for a few hours, then after that the oragne creamsicle vibe comes back for awhile near the end. I don't smell the neroli at all. I have sprayed this perfume on skin both times, and to me EDT, is only 70% similar to the EDP. End note: In my opinion I say buy the EDT, if you don't want something " too gourmand " also the spray on this is amazing, a lot comes out with one spray. I will be doing a full review of this perfume sometime this week on Youtube.

mschnabel666

Now that I have the EDT and EDP... and can compare... I do think they are pretty similar, the EDP just has so much more OOMPH in every way. Unless you are after a lighter, airy sweet cloud for summer or you have a sensitive nose- the EDP is the way to go.

I have no clue why the EDT is called "shocking" or "narcotic"... what does that mean?

Woohoo!

Just came!

Paper/Tissue test.

Orange. Candy orange rose. Pretty simple and realistic.
The oranges do smell frozen (they are very juicy at first- like anyone remember that frozen orange concentrate you'd make juice with?), and now 30 min later.... it's softer like an orange creamsicle... so the vanilla is coming through.

One squirt on a tissue is not that strong. 30 min tops with great sillage. Now it's a light, pleasant lotion/shampoo smell... the same orange-rose-vanilla but waaay dried down.

I still love the EDP 100% more-- its gourmand. This does not have that dry-delicious-almond note or heavy vanilla. But hey-- it was a good price and I like it. Will def report back with a proper wear/skin/clothing test. I can't wait to get a good 4-5 sprays on ME.

I would not say this is an EDT version of the original. It's def a new/simpler scent.

I am such a weirdo.... huffing a Kleenex at my desk at work... lol... I can detect some spice now.... And some dry-ness like the EDP. And it's sweet and light. Mmmmm..... will test proper later!!! :D

(I hate being a perfume addict... I got 3 brand new scents to try today! lol)

Ok- my office does smell "orange creamsicle"-like now... and a customer mentioned it smells great in the office.... so one squirt was pretty good! LOL! However, the tissue I tested on is very faint now-- 1 hour later. I do consider this vastly diff than the EDP considering I get very little orange in the EDP (only in the brief opening) and this EDT is all about that orange. I'm happy though, I love a juicy scent!

Worn properly on me... the sillage and potency seemed lacking. Sure it lasted on my shirt all night, but so very very faint.... no projection. And it does stay like an orange creamsicle/orange sherbert in my opinion. It's very pleasant and I do like it. But I'd never rebuy the EDT. The EDP is the way to go, but it's a totally different scent IMO. The EDP is airy and dry, but still extremely potent and long lasting.

My house is very very dry tho (no humidity) in the middle of Michigan winter, heated by a boiler. So I sometimes have a hard time smelling myself in my house, but then I get to work-- and perfumes project much better? Or else the dryness has something to do with hindering my sense of smell?

I also noticed this smells very very common. I can't quite place it... Maybe Bon Bon? Something else light and creamy orange. My original 1 spray on a tissue still has a faint smell.... lovely creamy vanilla-orange. But very faint. Actually, 24 hours later on a tissue.... smells like faint orange/vanilla and GRAHAM crackers! LOL!

lizzyshreds

I bought this on ebay as well for around $48 for the 100ml, the seller I bought it from has had these since the end of November. It's not listed as EDT that's why it's not as easy to find. The seller I bought it from is bigizz23. If they do another flanker of Poison Girl I would like to see Poison Girl night, or something like that. Even though Poison Girl EDP can be worn day, and night.

mschnabel666

I hope I like this.... I love Poison Girl because I'm a lover of all sweet/gourmand perfumes.... I found this on ebay for $48 for the NIB 100ml.... and I grabbed it.

But I'm nervous about it only having 3 notes... and all the notes I LOVE about the original are gone...

Kon-nos91

And yes! I am the first one that will review the perfume. From the whole US and EU I couldn't believe I'll find it faster than the rest passionate fragranticans. Maybe I should be less excited with them, right?

Poison Girl EDP is one of my top 5 perfumes. To be very honest I feel that every time I wear it, something wrong will happen and will destroy my mood, BUT I get compliments when someone is next to me. See my previous reviews for the EDP edition, all of them are full of balloons. The only reason I fell in love with it was the ad and the idea behind it that most of you dislike. The name girl etc

I had huge expectations from the EDT version. I was walking on duty free perfumes in the Airport heading to Dior for my favorite perfume and suddenly I saw a pinkier juicy next to Poison Girl EDP. Grabbed it and said, OMG, EDT edition is here!!! Sprayed and smelled immediately an orange jamie opening like you have just opened a jar of orange jam straight from the freezer (not that nice as it sounds since I used to do this as a child, freezing orange juicy or fanta when putting it on games) A sticky mess but that's it. Then you have Poison Girl EDP but less intensive. Less rosie and rich but almost identical.

It is what Viva la juicy EDP is for Viva la juicy La fleur EDT, D&G Pour Femme Intense for D&G Pour Femme, Prada Candy EDP for Prada Candy EDT, Coco Mademoiselle EDP for EDT and the story goes on. It's just an example of perfumes that comes on my mind and I am sure you know them. Hope this review will help you understand and make you less excited for what to wait for. So, let's do a resume:

1) Same bottle, style, smell, composition.
2) Whitish/silver packaging and lighter pink colored juice
3) Can't detect neroli or that shock effect that Dior & Francois Demachy promised but for sure it's a nice option if you're in love with Poison Girl and want it during summer. By the way EDP does the work in summer too for me.
4) EDP is more rosie/complex/rich but slightly heavy and sweet. EDT has lights on orange but just for a while, then it follows the exact same feeling/trend/notes but less blah.
5) I would say they are identical. 99% the same. To like it or not? To like it cause they say the truth. Not like other brands that present an EDT version and it's almost a different one but to dislike it when they don't mention other notes.
6) I have already two bottles of 100 ml for Poison Girl EDP. Not maybe, I am poison...

Bee-young-ka
Bee-young-ka

Poison Girl was awful", 2017 hasn't happen, I don't like the word girl... bah blah blah.

Whatever.

Poison girl is too Dior what Black Opium is to YSL
they sure do have their haters!

But both very modern fragrance executed in a style that was to please the majority but still done with a lot of style.

I really like poison girl and was surprised it had no coffee notes. but the tonka was there.

I'm looking forward to the frozen orange mixed with the rose of PG. sounds great.

Kon-nos91

Ok, Poison Girl EDP was a 'bubble-gum'-type generic perfume from first test. ALWAYS and when I say always, I mean it, trust your first impression of a perfume. You may end up buying finally and see that doesn't fits you.

I bought Poison Girl EDP, actually I have it in my top 5 due to the the idea/ad/and less the perfume. Although I like it, it doesn't fit me 100%. It's not me. It's super strong, it's so easy to be recognized (that's not very good to my opinion, I don't want to say: Oh! That's Poison Girl like I do with Hypnotic Poison, but Dior wants to make like a Chanel No.5 for young Diorists) and to end with it's a copliment getter.

NOW, about EDT: If it's like what Miss Dior EDT caused to me, then unfortunately I will buy it. I am a victim of marketing and perfumes. I must stop buying and I have to start using them. We only live once and because of fragrantica and the fear Poison Girl may be reformulated etc, I bought an extra 100 ml bottle. Not wise, I know. Have you ever seen a perfume with 'Frozen' organge-Rose-Neroli combination? Wow :P but I am curious about that 'shock effect' Franchois Demachy promised. A few months left but just to end my review happily. I love Miss Dior EDT people. BEST from Dior, only minus, you must spray 4-6 times when I hardly do 3 with my perfumes.

MysticRose
MysticRose

.. "was launched in 2017". As far as I'm concerned, it's still 2016. Unless time travel has become a thing now..