Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Blonde Rose Clean for women and men

Blonde Rose Clean for women and men
dislike

aldehydic
Blonde Rose Clean for women and men Pictures Blonde Rose Clean for women and men Pictures Blonde Rose Clean for women and men Pictures Blonde Rose Clean for women and men Pictures

Blonde Rose by Clean is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Blonde Rose was launched in 2016. Top notes are aldehydes and water notes; middle notes are rose, peony and jasmine; base notes are cedar, sandalwood and musk.

Aldehydes Water Notes

Rose Peony Jasmine

Cedar Sandalwood Musk

Bijan Nude Men

Blonde Rose Fragrance Reviews

Seannah
Seannah

I was really intrigued with this scent. The name Blonde Rose makes me think of a soft powdery rose, maybe a little bit of musk. That is exactly what I get in the first 10 minutes and it's very nice, but then on my skin it turns into this very cheap soap smell, I'm talking like a 50cent bar of soap. Sillage is maybe a foot or two and longevity is about 4hours on me.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

Today I am wearing a sample of Blonde Rose that I was sent along in a recent swap. Since I am a rose lover and never cease trying yet another fragrance claiming to smell like the Queen of the Garden, this seemed like a fair attempt.
Let me preface my comments by saying that I truly wish that reviews did not include ageism, sexism or snobbery! The beauty of this site is that we are all here to voice our opinions and thoughts with regard to this wonderful subject of fragrance.
For all of us who adore vintage fragrances...how "OLD LADY" is that?
Perhaps the perception is merely misguided and what others imagine to be frumpy or old fashioned just stems from the abundance of inexpensive and highly synthetic fragrances that some maiden aunt, teacher or grandma may have worn due to limited resources and choices.
Having said all this, Blonde Rose explodes with aldehydes (found in many older fragrances) and dries down to a very synthetic smelling concoction not unlike a fabric softener or deodorizer. It's not awful, young or old...just ordinary.

carlene808
carlene808

No offense to old ladies, but this smells like what an old lady would wear. Musty flowers. After reading comments about how it smells like Chi Silk Infusion (which I am infatuated with at the moment) I put some oil on for reference and hurried on down to Sephora to compare it in person. At first sniff, it smelled nothing like it. I then had the sales person smell me (I'm weird, I know) and then blonde rose to see if the problem was my nose. She thought it smelled similar and told me it may change on the skin. Since I was still on the fence about buying it, she was nice enough to give me a sample. Wearing it today and it still smells the same to me....old lady musty flowers. Oh well...my hunt continues.

tatonnement
tatonnement

I smell the rose but it's heavily concealed with aldehydes. Very fresh, clean, soapy smelling a la laundry detergent and hairspray products. Took me 5 wears to get into this. Initially I could smell sandalwood meshed with musk which turned me way off. I gave it another go during cold weather and viola, amazing! Clean clean clean - but, somewhere in there I get a ashy vibe, almost like an ashtray at a laundromat. Stale cigarette smoke mixed with perfume is very nostalgic for me so I'm digging it. I don't know what is causing this reaction from me, as there is ZERO actual tobacco I smell in this, more like ashy residue. Might be the aldehydes (?)

Rose, ashtray, clean air, soap. Great performance. Full bottle worthy? Not for me, but I sure am enjoying my samples.

Neosmiaphyte
Neosmiaphyte

Rose? Where's the rose?

Masculine, musky, watery woods. It is pleasant and has depth. This would be a great man's cologne. The opening is shaving cream, as other reviewers have stated. The drydown is much the same, but with the emphasis on sandalwood. If unisex or femme scents are for you, then Blonde Rose is not. If you prefer masculine scents, then give this one a try.

artemiss
artemiss

I am glad to see I am not the only one who finds this to be rather masculine.

It starts out with an almost citrus-y bitter lime note (is that the aldehydes?) that gives way to water and wood. The rose is there, but it is drowning in shave gel and hair-cream.

I had a great uncle, a WWII vet, lifelong bachelor and ladies man who, even in his 70's, would slick back his hair, put on his best western shirt paired with a turquoise and silver bolo tie to go out to flirting with all the gals, young and old, at the Elks and VFW. He'd have loved this, I think. Blonde Rose has that same sort of freshly scrubbed vibe to me, and his visage instantly came to mind when I smelled it.

Likewise, I find it as appealing a fragrance for me as I would Ol' Uncle Smokey's cologne.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

Yessss I agree with the others that this smells exactly like the chi silk infusion hair product! Hahaha that is so crazy....but anyways, this isnt a very feminine fragrance tbh. Its musky and woody, very masculine. I dont mind it as a hair product but as a perfume, just not my taste!

matty64
matty64

I mix this with Sueded Oud, it's a great combo!

Piperok26
Piperok26

I completely agree with the review below, this smells exactly like chi silk infusion. It has that masculine side to it. This is definitely a unisex fragrance. I don't get much rose, I get mostly woody notes.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Not what I'd call a "rose" scent! Definitely more of a musky/masculine fragrance, almost a dead ringer for CHI hair products (Silk infusion, specifically! Hahaha). I think this is very cozy to wear, I do love it!

Renflower
Renflower

After a consistent number of run-ins with typical celebrity scents and some pungent outlier scents, I've finally got a new potential favorite. Despite how blandly this scent is billed, it has a lot of character. It's very feminine but there's definitely a masculinity to it that I like. This scent just sinks into my skin and almost warms to it, instantly creating more depth. I do get the feeling that this scent has the potential to become cloying if applied to heavily though. I'm going to use my sample up and if I'm still attracted after awhile, I'll splurge on a bottle.

X-posted/submitted to the Sephora's product page for this scent.

HanaMaui
HanaMaui

I never paid much attention to Clean, until I received a sample of this fragrance. The most predominant note is the sandalwood (to my nose-the amyris, or West Indian type), followed by musk and rose. It is definitely unisex. I would love to smell a man wearing this! Somehow it reminds me of Prada Luna Rossa. At times the soapy note is so strong that it is reminiscent of Irish spring. Despite these associations, I feel like this scent is very natural and could be recreated by mixing essential oils. I hope to do exactly that. If I am not successful, I will definitely buy this one.

ellementira
ellementira

Finally, I can start getting behind this brand! They're actually releasing "clean" scents, and ones that smell of higher quality ingredients (compared to the disappointment that was their original cotton series).
Blonde Rose surprised me- I thought this was going to be a straightforward rose scent, but the rose plays background to the musk and aldehydes here. Like others have said this is very soapy, which seems to be a trend right now. But I think this fragrance delivers in its namesake- it is a very clean, lightened rosy floral musk. I don't get much cedar or sandalwood on my skin.
However, the lovely florals went away after a couple hours of wear and it became soap-musk on my skin after that. I had to layer it with another fragrance because the musk was a little too piercing for me. A couple hours later and the Jo Malone scent has faded (typical) and the soapy musk is still shouting away beneath it.
4/5, would get 5 if the florals stuck around longer. I look forward to testing more of the Reserve line, as I think these types of scents are what I would hope to smell if I sought out Clean in a store to test.

hjrdaisy625
hjrdaisy625

I adore this fragrance! I will start off by saying that I might be a little biased, as I truly love rose, but this one is a different kind of rose. There is a wooden element that really makes the bubbly, green notes stand out. I lucked out with this one because the roses are identifiable on my skin. It definitely is soapy, but in a feminine way, unlike something like Pure Grace from Philosophy, which just smells like soap. Oddly enough, I got to make my own fragrance this past summer, and it smells very similar to this. I guess I just like these kinds of scents.

wooedwithpeonies
wooedwithpeonies

This is a super squeaky clean woody scent. I agree it's pretty soapy and not feminine enough for what I typically go for. On my skin the wood and aldehydes take center stage and I get very little if any rose or peony at all which is pretty disappointing considering the name is blonde rose I expected something with more rose. Over all it's quite fresh but a bit boring as well, nothing too interesting to see here.

tandaina
tandaina

This is not a heavy, sensual, sexy rose. It's a light scent, a bit of rose, a bit of "makeup" or "soap" smell. Mostly it's just clean and pleasant and lightly floral. I can wear it to work without gassing people out or coming on strong. It's probably not going to win any awards but I enjoy it.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

This is the soapiest rose I have ever smelled. It might even be the soapiest perfume I have ever smelled, but I digress. This is more soapy smelling than even a bar of rose scented soap. Needless to say, I'm not a fan. Yes, it smells clean and inoffensive, like you've been scrubbed all over and are ready to mingle. But it's just so uninteresting, and the drydown is that same boring slightly sweet musk that I can't stand in so many fragrances today. I was really hoping for more rose from this, but it really does smell just like bubbles.

ta2kitty
ta2kitty

I'm not big on aldehydes but they are tolerable here with a fresh, crisp rose. Could be considered unisex.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clean Blonde Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clean Blonde Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blonde Rose by Clean. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blonde Rose by Clean represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.