Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Aromatics Black Cherry Clinique for women

Aromatics Black Cherry Clinique for women
dislike

Aromatics Black Cherry Clinique for women Pictures Aromatics Black Cherry Clinique for women Pictures Aromatics Black Cherry Clinique for women Pictures

Clinique adds a new fragrance to the Aromatics line which originally started in 1971 with the first fragrance, the rich chypre Aromatics Elixir. Its modern reinterpretations include the sharp and elegant Aromatics in White from 2014 and the seductive and exotic Aromatics in Black from 2015. Aromatics Black Cherry comes out in July 2016 as a new, spicy - fruity gem of this line.

“Pretty and decadent, Clinique Aromatics Black Cherry boasts a jewel-like intensity with a wealth of rare florals set aglow by the warmth of cardamom and sultry, exotic spices.”

Zesty and fruity notes of wild black cherry and bergamot are mixed with the spicy aromas of white pepper and cardamom. A floral bouquet of Sambac jasmine and rose is illuminated by a green note of galbanum and laid on the warm base of amber, labdanum and cashmere wood.

In consistency with the name of the perfume, the bottle with its signature sleek design is colored in shades of cherry red. The fragrance is available as a 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum, exclusively presented at Harrods.

Bergamot Sour Cherry Cardamom White Pepper

Jasmine Sambac Rose Galbanum

Labdanum Amber Cashmere Wood

Black Orchid

Aromatics Black Cherry Fragrance Reviews

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

This one is AMAZING, I definitly get a very dark and spicy incense that instantly reminds me of L'agent but the cherry is very prominent for me. Also kinda smells like the Dr Pepper Lip Smacker. The silage is great, I love this!

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

I love the smoky, spicy aspect of this. On me it smells dark, slightly sweet, somehow woodsy. At first I thought there was oud note. Amber and labdanum is very prominent. I don't know if I prefer In White or this one, but both are very well done night perfumes with great longevity.

weegee
weegee

My 1/2 price (Clinique sale) bottle arrived yesterday and I've been wearing it for over 24 hours now.

Sorry to say I'm not ecstatic; this is merely a "like".

Very cherry, yes, but somehow rather... ordinary. I don't get any of the cherry pipe tobacco vibe I was happily anticipating. Sour cherry and a bit of incense or spice - it's that indistinct.

Given the extreme longevity & monster sillage of original Aromatics Elixir, I expected Black Cherry to be rather bold and long lasting. Alas, sweet & pretty as it is I can't detect it on my skin after the 4 hour mark.

Perhaps 80 degree (F) temperatures are inhospitable to this fragrance and cool or even cold temps will reveal its glory. I'll keep it and try again this next fall and winter before I say good-bye.

All things taken into account, I'd say if it's cherry you're looking for, whether sweet or sour, there's a version of La Petite Robe Noire that will be a better bet for you than Aromatics Black Cherry, both in terms of authentic cherry and longevity.

Fluffyandpuffy

After it's had time to settle you get a beautiful sweet scent that really lasts and is nothing like black orchid TF. I'm really digging it.

Fluffyandpuffy

It's got a black orchid vibe Tom Ford for sure. I immediately at first sniff black orchid.

gtabasso
gtabasso

Top is sweet cherry then goes into this almost chypre dry sharp phase then some vanilla note that is the amber and labdanum. There's a little hint of floral in the top, too. The drydown reminds me of La Petite Robe Noire and La Petite Robe Noire Coutour by Guerlain. That fruity floral dryness for those who don't like the typical fruity celebrity modern teeny bopper scents.

lexic
lexic

Starts off with a cherry.. it isn't a plastic, artificial, sweet, or medicinal cherry. It's a pretty good true cherry. (My husband even commented it was a good cherry.) Mix that with a peppery spice and that is how this opens on me. It grows adding a rose. I really like this rose, it blends well with the cherry. The drydown is a rosy, woody, amber... the cherry spice has softened to a whisper. in the background.

I don't get the jasmine from this. I also don't consider this a sweet scent. It's deep, dark, and warm. And it's strong and lasted forever on my skin.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a love for me, but I do like it. It's unlike any others I own and one of the best cherry scents I've tried. My husband, on the other hand, really does love it.

suile
suile

It's certainly a very elusive product. The Clinique counter in Selfridges had just a bottle cap, that one of the staff obtained (pinched, actually) from Harrods.

Even just sniffing the cap, it seems a potent mixture. Fortunately, I didn't really like it, had a medicinal quality. Still, the chance to try the real thing would be nice.

Fluffyandpuffy

A sample? Nowhere to be found. Frustrating.

Ordered this from the Clinique USA website and it arrived today. Whew. This concoction is straight-up Bulgari Black Meets Smokey Dark Cherry. A very masculine fragrance to my nose, with nothing playful or girlish about it. But it's the kind of masculine that's so unexpected on a woman that it defines her without a word being spoken, and matches the withering look she'll give any man who doesn't meet her measure.

Femme Fatale in a bottle. Not to be worn thoughtlessly.

katja blue
katja blue

they are available at clinique.com and Saks Fifth Avenue

guynspfld
guynspfld

Why are the flankers no available in the US? And if so WHERE?

iamoir
iamoir

I think I'm really falling for the fragrance, Clinique you did it, hot damn! Excuse my excitement, but finally a fruity perfume that works for me. The scent is weird hands down, it's smoked cherry, well at least that's the drydown on my skin. Will return with a proper review, but i already know i love it! Such a unique and beautiful scent, a unicorn between all the candy like fragrances right now, a cherry fragrance for grown up ladies. Almost the same smokiness as in Belle D Opium; Black Cherry is sweeter though. Hell yeah!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Ok, that's a big surprise.
I thought it would smell similar to Guerlain's Petite Robe Noire.
But it is so much more interesting.

Not another red fruit sweet perfume.
This is dusty, smoky, older feeling, even leathery in a way. Well done.

It is a festive perfume and I'd much rather prefer it to Aromatics In Black.

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

This fragrance is now available in the US at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Edit Dec 2016: This fragrance is also available at Clinique online now in a 3.4 oz bottle in the US.

monamonib
monamonib

I got this yesterday it takes my mind it s very sensual to me full of passions really sexy I will keep it for my special nights try and see what happen to you but remember its not sweet its passion

freddinos
freddinos

Deep, resinous, woody, balsamic scent. I can't believe tuberose is not listed, this is a tuberose bomb! To me this is a statement perfume, similar to the statement one would have made in the 70s wearing the (then) newly released Aromatics Elixir. Black cherry has nothing in common with its predecessor, but it is as unique and multifaceted as it can be. I do not detect cherry per se, a good thing for me personally. Every single cherry-centric perfume I have tried has a cough syrup resemblance. Aromatics black cherry is revolving around creating the olfactory image of a dark cherry, luscious and juicy. I do not detect rose, just resins, woods and labdanum.

Parisa1
Parisa1

I got my hands on this in early August, in Harrods, as I passed the Elevators to head to another section, the display and scent of the employee grabbed my nose! I had to have it. Sweet bitter cherry with hint of warm cigar, very exotic like eating a cherry from a cosmopolitan. It's warm/rich after a while And welcoming. It's very much a night perfume, couldn't see myself wearing it in the office. As its sexier for the warmth aspect.

shushkin
shushkin

WOW! I love this deep spicey fruity rose delight. Perfect to wear on a chilly day or night. Strange that my first thoughts were not of black cherry. I definitely get lots of pepper on the opening with the cardamom not far behind. If you dont like intense, warm, spicey, peppery scents then you might consider steering clear of this beauty. I imagined Boss Intense Red would be like this but its a weed in comparison lol If you think this will be a sweet cherry confection like Guerlains little black dress then you will be disappointed. The amber and labdanum provide a sweetish, warm resinous base that provide a good longevity. The pepperiness remains all along the timeline of this beauty and there is also an almost menthol effect. The pepper really cranks up its intensity. Sadly in the end the pepperiness is just too much on me. Moderate sillage but good longevity.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Terrible smell, really strong plummy smell but not in a good way. Slightly menthol smell. I hate it.

nexangelus
nexangelus

A warm, woody and sour scent. It makes my mouth water. Mostly pepper, wood and a deep, sour cherry feel. The start is very green and almost edible. For some reason my nose is sure it is a musky, cannabis, fruity rose. Not totally gourmand, but totally juicy and if you are into compliments, this sure does get them, every time so far....thumbs up. Not my type of fragrance, but I can see the appeal. This, as well as Guerlain's Winter Delice have an extreme warming effect. I also detect a similar vibe in Chopard's Happy Spirit Amira d'Amour.

Fluffyandpuffy

Where is it, I'm dying to try. Nowhere to be found!

Scentmad
Scentmad

Think luscious ripe juicy black cherries and CK Euphoria whipped together into a frenzy of delight and you have Aromatics BC.

This is lovely and spicy and unmistakably cherry. This also has a lovely cherry stone/almond note that rounds the perfume beautifully.

A successful blind buy. Gourmand: a lovely fruity, amber-y, peppery fragrance. Heady but not overbearing.

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

If it smells like Sobraine Cherry Tabacco...I'll take it immediately!

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Oh wow, definitely on my "to-sniff" list!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clinique Aromatics Black Cherry fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clinique Aromatics Black Cherry, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aromatics Black Cherry by Clinique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aromatics Black Cherry by Clinique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.